Maine's Premier Bridal Boutique

Andrea’s Bridal, located in the heart of down town Portland, is Maine’s premier bridal boutique. Andrea’s Bridal offer brides fabulous styles for every budget. Please call to make an appointment with one of our style consultants.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

510 Congress St, Portland, ME

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Ashley L

I had a FANTASTIC experience at Andrea's!! I had been to one other bridal salon, but just didn't feel comfortable committing to a gown at the first place I shopped, and was taken aback that this other shop hadn't even asked me what my budget was. My consultant, Amy, made me feel... Read More at ease right away asking me what I had tried, what I was looking for and what my budget she. She did not pull ONE dress over my budget -- which made the entire experience that much better. With only a few pieces of information, she went off to pull gowns and came back with several that ALL looked amazing on me. She even took some gowns off of mannequins that I showed interest in. Andrea's also provides bustiers for their brides to try on gowns with - which provided me with a lot of relief because I didn't feel comfortable whipping off my bra in front of someone I didn't know. I was impressed with the wide variety of gowns, the professionalism of the staff and their willingness to find me exactly what I wanted. After trying on around 7 gowns, I happily purchased the first one I had tried on that day that made me look the way I imagined myself looking on my wedding day. I will definitely recommend Andrea's to anyone else who is looking for their wedding gown! Thank you to Amy and everyone else there :)

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Amanda S

Where do I begin?! Julia was phenomenal! She helped me find the style I was looking for and was no just there for a sale! She really listens to what brides are looking for, and throws a couple curve balls in there. If I ever need a formal dress again, I would not step into any... Read More other shop. Both she and her staff are extremely knowledgeable, and friendly.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Shelby C

Andrea's was the perfect place to feel comfortable and welcome in choosing a wedding dress. The personal touches of a private space and one-on-one assistance makes the visit that much more enjoyable. Julia and her crew are full of compliments, well wishes, and good advice for... Read More moving through the bridal gown process. Their validation for how I already felt in the gown I chose made me that much more confident! I cannot thank you enough! -Shelby

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Ashley at Andrea's Bridal was the absolute best. I had been many other places and hadn't had any luck, nor great service. Ashley was so kind, understanding about 2 body image worries I had and honored my budget. She truly knew her stuff and found me THE dress, first pick. I... Read More am going to tell everyone I know to go see her. The dress was perfect and I was so grateful for her help in fitting and styling (earrings, halo head piece etc.) Thank you Ashley!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Steph L

I had the best experience at Andrea's bridal!! Found a gorgeous dress with such a sincerely kind, helpful and educated consultant. She worked hard to make my appointment memorable and stress free. I can't wait to wear my dress on my big day! Thank you girls again!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Melissa C

I worked with Ashley this past Saturday 1/23 @1230... I LOVED HER!!! I felt like I could talk girl talk with her one on one and she knew how I felt. She was even cool enough to let me drink champagne during the process because my nerves were so shot and emotions were running... Read More high before I even got undressed. She made me feel calm and supported. I did go to andreas a long time ago (2010ish) before the new owner and I swore this place off because the owner at the time insulted me at my appointment, after giving it a try with the new owner I can tell you it has changed for the better. I think I found my dress, but I want to make sure I try a lot on before I make my decision. Ashley made me feel like there was no rush. Thank you Ashley

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Morgan A

I went to Andrea's Bridal on Saturday, and I was very excited to shop for wedding dresses. To me, shopping for a wedding dress with your bridesmaids is all part of the wonderful experience of getting married. Andrea's was nothing but a disappointment in this regard. 1) Our... Read More consultant was 10 minutes late for our appointment. We were very understanding of this, but she began by spending the first five minutes talking smack about the bride she worked with just before. This was not only very unprofessional, but it also took the focus away from me as a bride and my experience of finding the perfect dress. 2) The consultant asked what my budget was. I told her that I could afford to pay a lot for a dress, but would rather not pay a ton. Translate that to - if the dress was a $1,000.00 dress and wowed me, I would buy it. But I'd be much happier if it cost less and wowed me. The consultant immediately launched into assuming that I could not afford any of their price points going on a long speech about how their dresses ranged from $700-$5,000.00. 3) I described to the consultant that I would like something that was fitted and showed off my figure, but was classically simple and elegant. She proceeded to tell me "Stay away from that section of the store - everything like that is right here." Queue her pointing to a rack of plastic wrapped dresses that were entirely lace or bead-work...translate that to "too gaudy for my tastes." In fact the majority of the dresses at Andrea's looked very much alike, and the only ones at all like what I described were in the exact section she instructed us to stay away from. 4) I tried on a couple dresses anyway - but was sorely disappointed in that all of the sample sizes were street size 14 and above (meaning they tried to clip it down to my size 8 ...and none of them gave me any remote idea of what it would look like on me). AND the consultant insisted that she should be in the dressing room with me as I was changing because they were "full service." All in all, Andrea's did not make me feel comfortable shopping, did not have focus on the customer experience, and by the time I tried on my third dress, I decided to leave my appointment and take my business elsewhere. Andrea's may have some designation from The Knot as one of the best bridal boutiques in Maine, but I have a feeling that is more political and purchased than driven by customer reference. Take your business elsewhere because they care not for your experience, only for your wallet.

2016-01-11T14:58:30 Response from the vendor

Dear Morgan, I am so sorry to hear that your that your experience at my store was a negative one. I would like to address each of your concerns. Timing: We make every effort to keep on a tight schedule, your time is valuable, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/08/2016

I had been to a few stores in Boston and to Spoil Me in Falmouth (ME) without success, so I went to Andrea's not expecting to find my dress (the store doesn't look like much from the outside and is dated on the inside). Jill was my consultant and was so helpful from the start --... Read More not only did she let me pull dresses for myself that I liked, she suggested a few others, including the dress I ended up with which I *never* would have pulled on my own. I loved it! And it was unique while still looking like it will hold up to the test of time (it's the Watters "Viv" dress). Jill also recommended a seamstress (Bette's Bridal Stylings in Saco) to handle the alterations for my antique-looking lace dress. Thank you to Jill and the rest of the Andrea's team!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Robin D

I worked with Jill at Andrea's Bridal. I came into the store in December 2014 not expecting to find anything for my September 2015 wedding on Cape Cod. But I had been to Boston without a dress -- and I found one thanks to Jill! She let me go through the racks myself and pick out... Read More what I liked, and then she gave me some additional suggestions...including a dress I *never* would have picked on my own. And it turned out to be the one I went with ("Viv" style by Watters) and loved. I went back a second time with my sister and mom to try on the dress for them in January 2015 and they also enjoyed their experience. Everyone at Andrea's was friendly and professional throughout my process. Jill also recommended a seamstress (Bette's Bridal in Saco) to alter my lace dress. It was definitely a shop I passed over on my initial search (doesn't look like much from the outside, and the inside is also dated) but it's totally worth going in and looking for your own personal diamond in the rough. Thank you to Jill and the rest of the Andrea's team!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

To the ladies of Andrea's- thank you, I am so grateful. When I think about planning our wedding what I remember most is my experience at your store. If you're thinking about going somewhere else, DON'T. I live in Portland so I originally wanted to go outside the city to... Read More find my dress- I wanted to avoid having a similar dress to any of my friends. I went to two stores in NH and wasn't impressed with either store; I felt pushed, rushed and wasn't happy with things the consultants pulled. My mom suggested Andrea's Bridal and I am so thankful. From the second I walked into Andrea's I could tell I was going to find my dress. The store itself was welcoming, on top of that, we were greeted warmly, the shop was well organized and all the dresses were out to look through. I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for in a wedding dress and was frustrated by the other bridal stores I had been to; but the ladies of Andrea's made me feel completely at ease. They listened, were attentive and most of all they made the shopping experience fun! Jill (consultant) not only found my perfect wedding gown (I didn't want to take the thing off) but picked out a stunning color for the bridesmaids dresses. My dress and the colors completely set the tone for the rest of our wedding. I had a bit of a snafu when I got my dress altered...by snafu I mean the dress still didn't fit right...ONE week before the wedding. I called the store hoping they might have a suggestion of someone to help. The owner, Julia, was on it! She called in a seamstress that the store works with and took care of it. Something that should have been hair pullingly stressful the week of my wedding was, instead, completely handled. I can't express enough gratitude to these ladies. They went above and beyond every step of the way.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Katie

Bought my bridal gown at Andrea's several months ago, just went in to try it on for the first time & fell in love all over again! I was put with the same consultant (also the store owner !!) Julia who is absolutely AMAZING! Once again, we had a wonderful experience & I can't... Read More sing the praises of this salon enough! All of the consultants there were always ready to help with a smile & outstanding knowledge of the products they carry! Will be going back for bridesmaids, mothers and anything else we can think of! : ) Thank you again Julia!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Heather L

Andrea's bridal is amazing!!!! I found my dream wedding dress after trying on only four dresses! And it wasn't even one I had picked out. My bridal consultant Jennifer just knew exactly what style dress I was describing and pulled it out! It was perfect! All of the girls that... Read More work there are so wonderful! I highly recommend going here for the best bridal experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Caitlin F

Went to Andrea's Bridal a couple of weeks ago with my mother & a few friends -- we couldn't be happier with our experience at Andrea's! My consultant Jill went above & beyond our expectations -- she pulled my dream dress after trying a few other styles & I just fell in love with... Read More the feeling I had when wearing it! A HUGE thank you to all the ladies at Andrea's!!

A wide selection with a caring staff

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Andrea’s was my first—and last—stop on the wedding dress hunt. I was incredibly nervous when I got to the store, but Jill immediately made me feel at ease. After showing her a few photos, she immediately knew which dresses to pull, and I left that day with my dress purchased!... Read More Wonderful and well established Portland shop with a wide selection and kind, helpful staff.

The best.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Amy B

I searched high and low for my perfect wedding dress, and nothing felt "right" until I went to Andrea's. The store is beautiful, the employees are BEYOND wonderful, and the selection is fantastic. I had two bridal appointments (after being indecisive the first time), and found... Read More "the" dress my second time back. I felt so special the entire time, and never felt pressured to buy. My experience at Andrea's was arguably the best experience I had with a "vendor" throughout my entire wedding planning process. Love them!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Crysta B

So happy with this place. Found my dress today thanks to Jill. The staff is so friendly and really makes you feel valued as a bride. Jill was on point with her suggestions and found everything I wanted in my price range.I tried two other bridal gown stores before making my final... Read More decision, but Jill made me feel the most valued, beautiful, and welcomed as a bride. Thank you Jill!

Loved Them!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Alison W

Everyone here is so amazing! I never felt pressured when trying on dresses. I chatted with my consultant about what I was looking for style wise and it felt like she had known me for years. She brought out exactly what I was looking for! I would go back here in a heartbeat and... Read More recommend Andrea's to anyone!

Wonderful bridal boutique

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lindsey M

Andreas was absolutely perfect! I went in with quite a large amount of people and they treated us like we were part of a royal family. We enjoyed sipping on champagne as I found my perfect wedding gown. It was an amazing experience and they have such a great group of gals... Read More running the place!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Katie W

I didn't actually purchase my dress at Andrea's but the service I received there was amazing. Julia worked with me and didn't make me feel obligated to purchase there and supported my decision to buy a very nice dress off the rack at another bridal shop. I've recommended... Read More Andrea's to all of my other friends who are wedding planning and two are already getting dresses from there.

Great service, and beautiful dresses

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Sarah

I went to Andrea's Bridal with two of my bridesmaids to look for bridesmaid dresses, and we worked with the owner Julia. She was very helpful and had a lot of great suggestions. I brought a picture of my dress, and told her about color options I was looking for. Julia showed us... Read More dresses that were available in the color I wanted, and the girls helped me pick out some styles to try on. They each tried on several dresses before we settled on a style. We ordered our dresses early enough to avoid any issues. The manufacturer sent the wrong dress size for one of my bridesmaids, and Andrea's took care of it quickly. All of the dresses came in a few months before the wedding. The turned out great and all of the girls loved them!

Loved My Dress!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Victoria M

The consultants are great, they make you feel like a princess and are willing to go above and beyond to find you your perfect gown. I was so pleased with the perfect fit when it came in and how easy it was to leave my dress there until the big day. They make sure everything is... Read More steamed and ready to go for your big day and are always willing to share their advice. Great experience! My dress was perfect and yes I cried when I put it on, it was an amazing experience.

Best experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lisa L

When I think back to wedding planning, one of the best experience s I had leading up to my wedding was dress shopping at Andreas Bridal. Julia was wonderful, and "got" me and my style immediately. She stuck to my budget, and was a lot of fun. The selection was amazing- for all... Read More price points- and the experience was private and custom. It has t o be tiring dealing with indecisive edgy brides all day, but Julia didnt give me that impression at all. It was clear that she loves her job, and is good at it too. Couldn't provide a higher recommendation than this!

One stop shop!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Shannon R

Andrea's Bridal was the first boutique I went to when trying on wedding gowns. The staff was amazing, knowledgable, and most importantly professional. The fourth dress I tried on was the bridal gown I ended up buying but still had other appointments set up at other salons. The... Read More staff was great and told me that the designer was having a trunk show that weekend so if I came back for the dress I would actually get a better deal! I ended up coming back the next day and knew exactly which dress was mine. I loved my experience so much that I ended up having my bridesmaids get their dresses there too! It was such a pleasure working with Andrea's and wouldn't have had it any other way!

THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I purchased my dress and all of my bridesmaid dresses through Andrea's and everything from my first appointment down to when I picked up my dress was amazing. They went out of their way to make the experience enjoyable for me and all of my girls!! Their entire staff is... Read More knowledgeable, helpful and FRIENDLY!! I would recommend Andreas to any bride!!

Loved this place

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Christie P

I got my dress here and I am so thankful. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. I loved their free steam clean and holding of the dress until I was ready to pick it up the day before the wedding.