Ankerman Artistry (Formerly Beauty by Sarah Ankerman)

Serving all of San Diego, North County & Palm Springs

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Serving all of San Diego, North County & Palm Springs (925) 487-9152

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Ashley M

Sarah is a true professional! She is very on top of getting all of the necessary details prior to the wedding date to ensure a flawless and fun event. Getting ready is half the fun of course! She was extremely prompt with her email and phone call responses and was even ahead of... Read More schedule for the January 2018 wedding we worked on together. Her entire team was very impressive with their level of beauty skills and being ahead of schedule with the large bridal party. Not one person in the room was stressed and all of the ladies turned out even more gorgeous once Sarah and her team was finished! I would highly recommend her, not only because she is truly talented, but also professional and an incredibly nice person! Thank you for a flawless day Sarah!! <3

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Sarah C

Sarah did such a great job on my and my bridesmaids makeup. She was so sweet and made us all look beautiful. It was definitely more than what I ever would have been able to do on my own and totally worth it!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Savanna M

Sarah is a amazing .she did all my bridesmaids and mine hair and makeup .She is on time and really takes her time to make sure you are on time to the event .she made me look beautiful for my wedding and I was getting a lot of compliments on my hair and makeup all day .she rocked... Read More it and I was happy with all her talent.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Kasey W

Sara was incredible! I thought I looked flawless during my makeup trial, but I somehow looked even better on my wedding day, thanks to Sara. All of my bridesmaids, flower girl and moms looked beautiful as well. Everyone said we all looked absolutely stunning and I have never... Read More felt more beautiful! Sara is very personable, fun, flexible and passionate. She ensured we were all estastic with our look. I would highly recommend Sara to anyone looking for a great natural look, as my makeup did not looked caked on (something I was nervous about since I typically don't wear makeup). I will definitely utilize Sara again and recommend her to all my friends who have upcoming weddings! She is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Casey F

Sarah was referred to my company by our video producer. She came to my house and was on time. She was the sweetest individual and came completely prepared! My makeup and hair was done for a video shoot that lasted all day and every aspect of my hair and makeup was perfect for... Read More the duration of the shoot. I plan on getting married early next year and will be using her for my wedding party! I showed her a picture of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like and she made it look perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Diana B

Sarah is amazing!!! She provided superb makeup services for a wedding my family celebrated this past weekend - for my beautiful new daughter-in-law Viktoriia, my son Jake's lovely cousins Sydney and Kailey who were his groomsmaids, and for me too - the mother of the groom. Sarah... Read More was so attentive and sensitive to how each woman wanted her makeup done, and everyone looked radiant and lovely for this very special day. So if you're looking for a pro who's not only incredibly talented but a very sweet and kind person, Sarah (and her wonderful assistant Desiree who created a masterful basketweave hairstyle for Viktoriia) is the person to call!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 melissa s

Sarah did the makeup for myself ,t(he bride), and two of my bridesmaids and did a great job. She was fun, efficient, and the makeup looked natural and picture perfect :)

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Sandra S

Sarah did my makeup for my bridal shower last year (2015). She's simply the best. She strives to make sure her clients are 100% satisfied. She also just has the most calming effect on people. She has the most genuine heart of gold. She loves what she does and it absolutely shows... Read More in the final results after she's done. Throughout my bridal shower she did touch ups. It was completely flawless and my pictures from that day were perfect. I felt so beautiful that day which is something I struggle with often but getting my makeup done by her and ensuring it stayed flawless, was the best service I ever could have asked for. I got so many compliments that day. I would recommend Sarah to anyone looking for reasonably priced but absolutely perfect makeup services!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Julie W

First time meeting Sarah and from the moment I met her I knew I would like her. I was doing a photo shoot with some other girls and felt immediately comfortable and trusted her judgements. She is Sooooo down to earth, knowledgeable and so amazing at making you feel and look... Read More stunning! I love how detail oriented she is and how well she gets to know her clients. She specializes in making you look naturally beautiful while bringing out a gorgeous glow ... which was a huge relief for me since I don't typically wear much makeup. Sarah was wonderful to work with. It was like having an old friend do my makeup!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Laura C

Sarah is amazing! Professional, affordable, talented and most importantly, leaves her clients happy. Love working with her and I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jennifer H

Absolutely fabulous. That's the best way to describe Sarah and her work. When I needed my hair and makeup done for my brother's wedding I was at a loss for who to go to - for starters, I am beyond picky when it comes to my hair and makeup but I live in Orange County and my... Read More stylist is in Beverly Hills so I needed someone in San Diego. After reading several reviews on Sarah I contacted her and got a quick reply. She kept in communication the week of the wedding and made sure she knew the look I wanted. The day of she was not only on time - she was early! And was the sweetest, kindest person. Through the whole process she made sure I was happy with the look and told me if there was anything I wanted changed to let her know - well there wasn't a thing I would change! I have never received so many compliments on my makeup as I did at that wedding! For 7+ hours my hair remained perfect and makeup stayed flawless. An outdoor wedding in the sun and my makeup never budged. My hair was exactly how I wanted it and it stayed perfect all night. I told Sarah to work her magic and she did. She listened to me and gave me the look I wanted while making me feel gorgeous. I could not have asked for more! I would work with her again in a heartbeat and recommend her to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Danielle P

As we all know, weddings can be extremely stressful. Especially when it's countdown time to the walk down the isle! As a bridesmaid, I loved having Sarah as our makeup artist. Not only did she have a TON of products to accommodate all of our requests, but she brought such a... Read More happy, bubbly, fun presence to the room! As she was doing my make up, I really liked that she kept handing me the mirror to show me what she was doing to see if I liked it. That made me feel comfortable and confident in the process, and calmed my nerves, knowing that I was going to love the final outcome. Before The actual day of, she was very easy to get a hold of my phone and text, and responded right away. As bridesmaids, we all liked that we could send her pictures ahead of time what we wanted. She was so accommodating! Funny thing we are friends and keep in touch! THAT'S how much we all loved working with her!!

2016-10-25T18:12:38 Response from the vendor

It was such a blast getting to work with you for that wedding! I am so glad we are able to keep in touch. Best part of my job is getting to work with such wonderful people like yourself! xx

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Diane B

I wanted a theme photo shoot for my engagement. She had the perfect spot , it was so awesome that my fiance did not mind that I wanted one . I can't wait for my wedding to see what she will do next !

2016-10-24T12:37:20 Response from the vendor

Wonderful! I am so glad you were pleased with the way everything turned out for your themed photo shoot!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Torry T

Sarah is absolutely the best!!! She has done my hair and makeup for two important events. From the moment you contact her to the moment you are feeling and looking your best she is a true professional. She listens to what your vision is but then takes it to another level with... Read More her expertise and special touches. I had so many pictures of hairstyles I wanted, then she did something far superior to anything I had showed her. She nails it every time. I cannot recommend her enough, Sarah will be my go to whenever I need hair & makeup! Just love her!

2016-10-24T12:36:51 Response from the vendor

It is such a pleasure getting to work with you!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Cheryl L

Sarah did my makeup for my wedding and it was spectacular! I felt like a million bucks and I got so many compliments. The makeup was still perfect after jumping in the pool! I would use her again and highly recommend her without question.

2016-10-21T09:53:20 Response from the vendor

I am so glad everything lasted for you, even after the pool! You were such a fun bride! I can't wait to see photos. xx

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tony M

My husband and I were married at the Hilton in San Diego. Sarah did the makeup for 3 women in our wedding party (including our daughter) and 3 VIP female guests. She showed up right on time. She was a pleasure to work with and my daughter and the other women she worked with... Read More looked amazing. There were so many things to worry about that day. However, Sarah's pleasant demeanor, helpfulness and genuine happiness for us on our special day made us forget about any worries we may have had. Sarah

2016-10-20T18:12:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tony! It was such a pleasure getting to work with you and Eston on your special day.