Connecticut's "Destination Wedding" Venue

Ct's ONLY destination wedding venue with exotic beaches, live palm trees and amazing sunsets! Anthony's Ocean View offers elegantly appointed dining rooms overlooking picturesque views of lush floral gardens and 300 feet of beautiful sandy beaches. Why fly when we bring the destination to you!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach

Food + Catering, Planning

450 Lighthouse Road, New Haven, CT (203) 469-9010

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Alexandra L

We had our wedding in January at Anthony's. From the food to the service, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Alyssa P

I had my wedding at Anthony's Ocean View in September. We had our morning ceremony in the Paradise Gardens and the reception in the Paradise room upstairs. The ceremony site was absolutely gorgeous! My husband was in love with the waterfall and the koi pond, and I loved the... Read More compromise between being at the beach and having a firm ground for me and my guests to walk on. It was the perfect space! We had excellent weather which made a huge impact on the success of the day. During the planning process, I worked mostly with Events Coordinator, Cheryl. She was always willing to answer my questions via e-mail or over the phone. My only disappointment with the planning process was some miscommunication and administrative changes that occurred over the planning process that lead to some confusion and extra money needing to be spent by my family to cover microphones and speakers at the ceremony site and extra seating for all of my guests. Overall, the planning process was relatively smooth. On the day of my wedding, I was greeted and ushered to the Bridal Suite where we were given champagne and privacy to change into our gowns and prepare for the ceremony. Our assistant, Ana, was very accommodating and helpful. The maitre d' on staff that day was Brian. I found him to be a little overbearing and he came off a bit rude. And he and the DJ were at odds during the whole reception regarding the timeline of events, and he sent my bridesmaids down the aisle prematurely before the string quartet could switch songs, but overall it didn't affect the overall success of the day. My favorite part of the day? THE FOOD! AOV has remarkable Italian food, and we got so much food included in our package. Incredible appetizers, entree options, and full dessert table brimming with pastries! Also, I am required to eat Gluten Free due to celiac disease and they were very accommodating to myself and a few guests that had special dietary restrictions. Overall, the food was a great value for the price. Overall, I give AOV 4 stars. Beautiful ceremony and reception venue. EXCELLENT food. Average staff/customer service.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Anne Marie T

This is a beautiful venue with great food. Unfortunately it is like a wedding factory and lost the personal touch. The cocktail hour with raw bar was amazing, all food courses were delicious, and cake/cupcake choices were excellent. The service was disappointing because... Read More everytime you walked away from the table whether your glass or plate was full or partially full, it was taken by the wait staff. Each person at a table was not served together. A few guests that had the vegetarian option were forgotten and several wait staff needed to be made aware. Having specific wait staff for certain tables would improve this.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kerry B

This venue is beautiful and the staff was great the day of our wedding. Leading up to our wedding, our maitre d, Alberto, retired one month before our wedding. He did not tell us this was happening nor did anyone from Anthony's reach out to let us know about the transition. I... Read More called the venue 2 weeks before the wedding to speak with Alberto only to be told he retired. It was very unprofessional to find out the way we did. We had no maitre d leading up to the day of our wedding. Alberto had confirmed everything we wanted to do and when we arrived to drop our items off and go over everything, we were given a hard time about the place cards being put into the seashells we ordered. We were given the wrong description of one of the pasta choices. Not having a maitre d really made us have no track of time during the night so we missed being able to do various pictures since we had no concept of time when things would be happening. It was a little disappointing. A lot of smoke and mirrors happening at Anthony's. However, the day of, our guests didn't know any of our frustrations. Everyone enjoyed their food and thought the venue was gorgeous. We had a package with many courses of food. Anthony's did a great job of spacing out the courses so our guests could dance in between. The mini intermissions were a really nice touch.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jennifer D

Anthony's made our wedding so easy and so perfect. Everyone loved the food and the Venetian table. They kept me organized and set up everything for me the day of. Everything went perfectly and Brian made sure the groom and I were happy the whole night. Anthonys is beautiful and... Read More the guests had a great night - highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jessica F

Anthony's was difficult to deal with during the planning process. They are a true wedding "factory" and lose sight of the individual human aspect of weddings. They expected the bride to bring 200 napkins home 2 days before the wedding to fold them herself. They forced us to... Read More pay gratuity on seats that didn't fill, served alcohol to a 10 year old girl that ordered a Shirley Temple and charged us premium open bar on kids. The venue was set up incorrectly but they were able to fix it before the wedding started. They started cleaning things up and putting things away at 9:00 pm when the wedding ended at 11:00 pm. With that being said, the wedding was BEAUTIFUL and the venue is gorgeous. If you can get around dealing with some difficult pieces, it is worth having the wedding there. The food was delicious and everyone had fun. For guests who did not know about some of the prior difficulties, they had a blast! It turned out being amazing the day of but it was a bit of a rough road to get there.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Anthony C

The other night myself (The bride) , My fiancé and my mother and friends went for the tasting for our wedding on 7/20/2017! We all loved everything about the place the beach the plam trees (what we are still talking about) we are even adding the potato bar to our menu and my... Read More fiancé loves the bacon,egg and cheese sandwiches ! We are so glad we picked this place for our wedding and we know are family and friends will love it as well ! Great job Anthony's can't wait till my big day in 319 days !

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 corrina e

My husband and I had the greatest experience having our wedding at Anthonys oceanview. My guests couldn't stop raving about the food and how beautiful the venue was. I also have to co.pliment how amazing the service was and how excellent the staff was before during and after our... Read More wedding. Anna was a superstar she was so accommodating and so sweet to me my husband and my whole family. Alberto was a star as well he made sure everything was perfect like it was between the ceremony all the way until the end. Any one who is looking to get married at a beautiful but affordable place in CT Anthonys is the place to go. Working with everyone there from Alberto to Cheryl and the whole entire staff has been such a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it.

2016-09-12T14:59:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Corrina, We are so delighted that you chose to spend your special day with us and we are so happy that we could help make it a success. We appreciate you taking the time to write us such a wonderful review and the kind... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Danielle A

Picture Perfect!! My husband and I took over 6 months trying to decide on a venue...We looked at Anthony's Ocean View, which perfectly matched our beach theme dreams, but feared that it would be too expensive. Then, after talking to one of the event specialists, it occurred to... Read More us that we could have the wedding of our dreams. We went with the mid-day Brunch---it was the absolute best decision! Not only did we have access to the regular menu options, the brunch included some of our favorites--omelet bar, waffles, etc. The food was endless and absolutely delicious! In addition, Brian worked on the day of our wedding, and ensured that everything was running smoothly. There were no issues (at least that I was made aware of) and we still have people telling us it felt like a mini vacation to a remote island without even leaving CT. Thank you to everyone at Anthony's who made our special day possible and special.

2016-08-30T08:06:37 Response from the vendor

Dear Danielle, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are so happy to hear that you had a beautiful day and a wonderful experience. It is our pleasure to have been part of making your wedding day run smoothly.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Brittni J

Anthonys ocean view was very easy to work with. They don't suggest a rehersal dinner and truthfully you don't need one because they are so organized. The Italian style food is incredible, but unless you go to an event or bridal show prior to your wedding, they do not provide... Read More tastings. The drinks are top shelf liquor. The Maitre'd assigned to your wedding day will help you through everything and be there to help guide you to each part of your ceremony and reception. Our room was set up exactly as planned out, the lighting and curtains we chose were beautiful. The happy hour was a huge hit with our big Italian families and the gorgeous beach setting really tops it all off. Our one and only complaint was the issue of hearing the wedding next door during our best man/maid of honor speeches. We were assured by staff that this would be well coordinated and this wouldn't be an issue, which it wasn't... except during the speeches. This seems to have been lack of communication with the Maitre'd and DJ on timing of starting the speeches, a few more minutes would have made a BIG difference. Thankfully we noticed the noise more than our guests did, probably because our sweet heart table was next to the adjoining wall so we were closest to the noise. Also be aware, If you're planning to have your ceremony on the beach, there's not an appealing back up plan if weather does not permit. Overall Anthonys helped deliver the wedding of our dreams and we couldn't be happier. We rate 5/5 for food and drinks 4/5 for overall rating. Brian and Anna were a huge part of our day making it the best they possibly could for us :-)

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Noreen P

We cannot say enough about this place. The amazing amount of food that tasted so great. The people who works there all night and catered to not only us but our guest. Thank you to all especially Cheryl Wallen. Made our wedding the best day of our lives.

2016-02-10T12:31:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely feedback, Noreen! We take great joy in providing the perfect setting for the best day of your life, and we are so happy to receive your praises. We will be sure to share your kind words for Cheryl and the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

From the planning to the end of the reception I can only say great things about this venue. Besides the beautiful setting on the water and a ceremony on the beach, the food, the staff and the entire event was a wonderful night of celebration and fun that we will never forget. A... Read More 6 star rating goes to Alberto, the event coordinator at Anthony's, who made the planning so easy and perfect.

2015-11-05T13:53:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us and for choosing us for your big day. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our venue so much and that Alberto was able to help make planning for your wedding as easy as possible.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I was so excited to have my daughters wedding there, it was always her dream. They showed us all the rooms available for her day. It is a awesome place and beautiful view. BUT the day of her wedding, they cut the large room we paid for in half. we were all pushed together.... Read More They had 4 weddings going on that day. One wedding was all set up on the sand right outside of where we were. It was ridiculous.....my daughter was Excited and involved in her wedding day, she never noticed, but friends and family members noticed the difference in the size of the room...

2015-10-28T07:34:58 Response from the vendor

Dear client, We are so sorry to hear that your experience was not up to par. We do our best to accommodate the number of parties on a given day and we apologize for the misunderstanding about how much space your party would have. Customer... Read Less Read More

Best wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Kathleen O

The staff at Anthonys Oceanview are amazing!! They were very helpful and did everything to make my wedding the dream I wanted. They thoroughly succeeded!!! My wedding was put together exactly how I had pictured it and more!! If you choose this venue please meet with either... Read More Alberto or Andrew!! They are truly the best. And will help make you wedding vision a reality!!!

Katie

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 katie d

Great place, so pretty right on the water. The venue is well kept and very clean. Great private beach, beautiful patio and gardens. Food was excellent and there was so much of it. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Melissa I

Anthonys was amazing!! I got married on August 28th, 2015. I had Thomas as my coordinator, he was wonderful. He was attentive, I always had what I needed, and he made me feel at ease! The staff was wonderful, especially Franco who took care of everything for the groom and I.The... Read More food was outstanding and people are still raving about it. There was everything you could want and then more. The venetian table was amazing! It wasn't a table it was the whole hallway. I have gorgeous sunset pictures on the beach, just a beautiful venue!! I recommend it to everyone.

Great Wedding Day

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 allissa r

Anthony's and it's staff were fabulous the day of the wedding! My only issue was with the process leading up to the wedding. The person we were working with got a new job in between us booking and the wedding day and the woman they had take over, Cheryl, was less than stellar.... Read More She gave wrong information on a few occasions which led to some unneeded stress. Once we switched to Andrew/Thomas for the planning and day of everything was perfect! It is a beautiful venue with amazing food!

Several issues with multiple events

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Lauren W

My wife and I booked Anthony's Ocean View for our wedding back in October 2014 (I'm writing this from her knot account). Anthony's hit almost every checkbox that we wanted, however the main thing we were concerned about was that Anthony's will host multiple events at one time,... Read More as they have 3 separate event rooms. Despite the coordinators promises that everything would be separate and that we wouldn't notice the additional events, this was not the case and there were several issues with this setup the day of our wedding. 1- The rooms were not sound proof. We were told we would not be able to hear anything, but music from the neighboring room was VERY clear in our room during my father in-law's and best man's speech. This was obviously pretty upsetting as it was difficult to hear them and it was supposed to be an emotional moment- not one with Little Wayne playing in the background. I will say once our DJ was playing music and the dancing on our side began we could not hear anything else. 2- We specifically bought toiletries and little gifts, such as sandals for the women, and placed them in the Lily bathrooms for our guests to use. We were told that the bathrooms were for the Lily rooms use only, and that the other rooms had their own bathrooms. It really would not have been an issue if other guests were simply using the Lily bathrooms, but when those guests are using the items we paid for and taking the sandals and such, we were not happy. We paid for those items so our guests would be comfortable, not for others. Anthony's did nothing to stop this, and I’ll say it wasn't just one or two items taken, the vast majority of toiletry items and gifts were not used by our guests. We believe that once the other parties knew about the items in our bathroom, they started coming there specifically to use those things since their bathrooms did not have them. 3- The outdoor patio area was not closed off. There were children and guests from the other weddings running around outside our outdoor patio area because the gates were all left open. This wasn't a major issue, but again-we specifically asked the coordinators about having multiple events, and how that would affect our wedding-and they told us straight up that it wouldn’t be an issue. The biggest issue we had with Anthony's was that after our wedding, we tried to contact the owners and got zero response. We called to try to get in touch them, but were told to write emails and they would be forwarded to the owners, which we did. We got no response. We followed up 2 weeks later and told them our issues again, but got no response. We specifically asked Anthony’s employees if our emails were being sent to the owners and they confirmed that they were, but we got nothing back. We were NOT looking for any refund or any special treatment and literally wrote that in the email. What we asked for was for Anthony's to acknowledge the issues we had and say they'd take steps to prevent this from happening to others...Almost 4 months later, still no response. The unfortunate part is that the workers at Anthony's were great, our food was delicious and our coordinator (Alberto) was very helpful, my wife and I just felt mislead and lied to about the additional events interrupting our wedding. Bottom line, we had a fun wedding at Anthony's but had we known about all of the issues and the unresponsive owners, we probably would have chosen another venue.

A dream come true

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Shelly D

My husband, parents, family and friends could not say enough about Anthony's Ocean View. The staff is welcoming, charming and perfectly professional. We got married this past September and we felt like we were away on an island. If you're looking for a beach setting without the... Read More travel then we highly suggest you take a visit to Anthony's. Our family could not believe they were in New Haven, the setting is absolutely breath taking and the photos of our ceremony on the beach are more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. The day of our wedding the ambiance was dreamy and the food was amazing. Brian was our maitre d and he took care of us not only on the day of, but was extremely accommodating for all of our visits leading up to the big day. Everyone at Anthony's Ocean View, we want to thank you for being such a large contributor to the best day of our lives.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Joshua D

Anthony's is phenomenal, all of our guests were very impressed. The food and service was great. The only downside was that we were told that we were the only wedding that day however there was another wedding right after us and the guests were standing behind our guests/ceremony... Read More and we not quiet which was very disappointing.

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Marie-Lynn P

To this day, guests cannot stop talking about how gorgeous our wedding was! The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable!! We had guests from Texas (husbands side of family) and they were in awe at not only how beautiful the view was but also how delicious the food... Read More was. It really was the perfect day! So happy we chose Anthony's!!

Spring Wedding

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Joanna D

we had our wedding at Anthony's Ocean View last April and I could say that they did the best they could. Overall service was great, the food was great, the reception area was perfect, everything was arranged the way i wanted it to be. But I was a little upset about the wedding... Read More ceremony place which was the "waterfall". I was expecting that they will atleast decorate or put something nice in the area. It was so windy that day, and they did not do anything about it, and worse, they did not reach out to us to inform us if we would like to use a different place for our ceremony to take place or if we would like to decorate the place ourselves.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Sarah S

We had our wedding and reception at Anthony's Ocean View. It was the perfect day. We got married on the beach, and it looked like a tropical island. When I told people I had been married in New Haven, they look at the pictures and don't believe me. They were professional and... Read More easy to work with. They were extremely accommodating and helpful. The day of, we had nothing to worry about because Anthony's took care of everything! Thank you for such a wonderful day!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Marina M

My husband and I got married at the end of July and Anthony's made it beautiful! Their service is wonderful, they're with you the whole way and are so incredibly helpful! Our guest's were so impressed with everything from Anthony's, I'm so glad we decided to use this venue. All... Read More of the staff was incredibly friendly and if you're looking for a deal, Thursday's are half off!Don't let the price scare you, that's including our ceremony (with set-up), cocktail hour, and reception (buffet). We had 75 guests and we were in the lovely lily room. I would definitely recommend Anthony's and will probably use this venue for future gatherings/parties.

AMAZING NIGHT!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Emily B

We had the most amazing wedding! From top to bottom every detail was taken care of! Anthony's Ocean View catered to my every need as a bride and calmed all of my nerves! From Marcelo helping and reassuring us throughout the process, To Katarina making sure EVERY last detail... Read More was exactly how I wanted it, all the way to the kindness of Brittany our bride/groom server who was super sweet and helpful and actually made sure we ate!!! We were also given the royal treatment every time we went there. Always offered wonderful refreshments and a caring ear. For our final details meeting we got held up for a few minutes because they were so busy and Anthony, Katarina and their staff served us an amazing spread of Italian meats, cheeses and appetizers while we waited! They were just phenomenal and always overly hospitable. And okay I am Italian so can we just talk about the amazing food!!! Oh my goodness! Our main concern when searching for a venue was that the food needed to be outstanding. And let me tell you we hit the JACKPOT!!! Our guests were sooo extremely happy with EVERY last piece of food down to the extraordinary venetian dessert table! Oh my goodness, for someone who is in LOVE with sweets, I was in heaven and so was every other person in the room! The décor of the venue is just breathtaking and it is a small little piece of island wonder in CT!!! From the gorgeous beach for our ceremony to the amazing garden for cocktail hour, our guests were also given the most beautiful, royal treatment that we had already experienced personally. We could not have been happier with our choice of Anthony's Ocean View. We had the most fabulous and memorable day of our lives! We would truly like to thank every single person from this venue who helped make our day so perfect!! :)