Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Logan Square, Chicago, IL Chicago and Worldwide (773) 512-6191

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Jeremy D

If we could give more stars we would!! From our first meeting, to the last hug goodbye, working with Elizabeth was awesome!! Elizabeth was organized and kept us on track and helped us realize our vision. She would push back and would reel us in when we went too far and she... Read More helped us make the right decisions to maintain the look and experience we wanted. We were told many times that "it was one of the best weddings"... There was not a glitch during the entire evening and Elizabeth's minute by minute schedule was on point!!! She really took what was in our head and made it all happen. We would recommend her time and time again!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Jeremy D

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 April N

Out of everything we spent money on for our wedding, the ‘day-of’ coordinator from Anticipation Events was –by far- our best investment! I am the type of person who has a very clear vision of what I want and I also made a ton of the décor for our wedding. This is why I knew that... Read More I didn’t need a full planner. BUT leading up to the wedding, I had this moment where I was like “how are all of these things I am making actually going to be implemented while I’m busy getting married?!” This is about the time I contacted Anticipation Events. From the very first phone conversation I felt instantly reassured and supported. Elizabeth and I talked on the phone for a full hour. She was cheerful and very generous with advice and information. It turns out that the ‘day-of’ coordinator package is really a MONTH-OF coordinator. This is the most perfect situation I could have asked for. Having an extra person on your team during this time, that you can lean on for anything and everything, is just plain ESSENTIAL. I can’t imagine how I would have pulled it all together without working with Anticipation Events. Our coordinator was Aimee. She spent a massive amount of time learning about everything that I had already put together and everything that I still needed to tackle. We even met for coffee and discussed my vision for the day and looked over vendor contracts together. Aimee was incredible. Simply incredible. For the entire month she was totally available for me- via phone, email, and text. She always replied quickly with the most helpful information and was totally lovely while doing so. She took so many overwhelming coordinating details off my plate. Several things came up during this month with our venue and transportation situation that she handled quickly and efficiently. On our wedding day, Aimee worked so hard to look after all of those details that I worked so hard on. She made sure everything was exactly how I wanted them. Having someone CARE about those things as much as I did was refreshing. Aimee and the Anticipation Events team also helped to add a styled, finishing touch on setting everything up for our reception. Aimee revealed the reception tent to my husband and I right before the reception started. (I felt like I was on one of those bridal shows!) And when I walked into the tent, I instantly burst into tears. It was beyond magical. If that wasn’t enough already- One of the biggest things that she took care of was making sure the timeline for the day went smoothly. I was able to let go of all the event logistics and just ENJOY the day!! I didn’t worry once about anything because I trusted her completely. She made sure everything went exactly as we discussed. Then when I was flooded with talking to guests all night, she would float in like an angel, checking in with me and asking if I needed anything. One of the most comforting things I remember is Aimee bring me water multiple times during the evening. This may sound strange now, but when you are exhausted and unable to take more than 5 steps without another guest intercepting you- having someone bring you water and checking in IS HUGE. I literally could go on and on. Working with Aimee was such a dream come true. I honestly believe that my wedding wouldn’t have been half as amazing without her. She was so sweet and so easy to work with. She was also prompt, efficient, and a total wedding super hero. Do yourself a massive favor and hire Anticipation Events!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kaitlyn C

I wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner as I started this process. I thought that I would be able to figure it all out on my own, but decided to look into it just in case. We went with day of coordination with AE after meeting with Elizabeth one-on-one. She has done weddings... Read More at our venue, Camp Wandawega, before which was a huge relief as it's unique in some ways. She was very knowledgeable and reassuring, as well as good at alerting us to areas in which we have been overlooking or thinking we could all on our own. We were later connected with Aimee who was our go-to person as we neared the wedding day. She was professional, delightfully full of energy and positive, while also being assertive in getting things moving, which is so incredibly necessary for a wedding day/weekend to happen smoothly. It was so reassuring to know we had this team with us. As with most weddings, we hit some unexpected bumps (e.g., 95 in late September anybody?) and they were on it before I could even ask. I had some issues with my mother the day of the wedding and both Aimee and Elizabeth took my hands and said tell me what you need and I'll take care of it, one of those things was making a last-minute bouquet. You really can't imagine the amount of work and thoughtfulness they put into these weddings...and when I say work, I mean WORK. I will never forget the image of Aimee slamming giant ice bags onto the concrete ground trying to make ice for cocktails while also coordinating the next part of the event. I was in awe. Listen, bottom line: If you're thinking you don't need a wedding planner, or at the very least a day of coordinator, you're wrong...and if you think you have someone else in mind, dont. AE is where it's at. Forever grateful for their help. I would have been lost without them.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Shannon D

To be honest… I was on the fence about needing someone for day of coordination, and I really wasn’t sure if the added expense was necessary. As a bride, you think you can do it all and that you have every detail planned out so what’s the use. Well looking back on my wedding a... Read More couple weeks ago, I am so glad I had Laura from Anticipation Events there with me that day. Leading up to the wedding, she was there to answer any questions I had, she drafted a timeline down to the minute, she came with to our final walkthrough at the venue, and she helped out tremendously at the rehearsal. The week of the wedding she confirmed everything with my vendors, and really eased the majority of the stress that I was feeling. I was able to give her everything that had to be set up in advance, as well as all of the payments and tips for the vendors. I didn’t have to think about anything the day of which was so nice. When it came time for the ceremony, Laura had everything under control. I’m pretty sure the priest was 15 minutes late, but I had no idea because Laura handled it all. When we got to the reception venue, everything was set up exactly how I had planned it. Laura made sure everyone knew what they were doing and when. At the end of the night, I was expecting to have to help gather centerpieces or the other items we had brought into the venue. It was so nice… Laura sent me and my husband back to the hotel and took care of everything. If any of you brides haven’t considered or are on the fence about using a day of coordinator DO IT! It will be the best money you spend for your day. They say you can’t plan for the random mishaps that might occur that day… but if you hire Laura and Anticipation Events I wouldn’t be worried at all.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Micah M

It's hard to put into words just how much love I have for Anticipation Events. My mom and I initially met Laura at Indie Wed about a year before my wedding and instantly knew that this was a woman we wanted to work with. She was so warm, engaging and overall just down to earth.... Read More She's someone you want by your side during the stressful weeks leading up to the wedding and running things like a boss day of (cue a Beyoncé playlist). Let's face it, planning a wedding is hard... especially when you've never done it before. Laura is so well immersed in the industry and always had awesome solutions and recommendations that helped us throughout the planning process. We're so grateful for Laura and her willingness to go above and beyond to make our day extra special. And to Elizabeth... you are a true badass and an inspiration to business owners, interior designers and dog moms everywhere. Thank you for staying true to yourself and what your company stands for. Fangirl out.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Lindsey R

Our wedding was in Chicago, we live in New York. There were only two ways we could have successfully planned a wedding from such a long distance: 1. Hold it at a generic “wedding factory” where we picked from cookie-cutter packages. OR 2. Work with someone like... Read More Elizabeth at Anticipation Events who is so professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with that we could plan and pull-off a wedding full of personal touches at the perfect location for us. Elizabeth was our scout, our sounding board, our calming voice and our shield from all the stress big weddings can provide. When we first contacted Elizabeth we had a lot of ideas: photographers, food, transportation, décor… She helped us turn these ideas into a concrete plan that was executed better than we could have imagined. No detail was too small for her attention and no big task was too daunting for her to take on. It is clear that Elizabeth has successfully coordinated weddings and events for hundreds of people, but we never felt like we were on the backburner or just another one of her clients. She approached planning our wedding with the same care that we would expect of a trusted friend. Anticipation Events is one of the most respected planning companies in Chicago and we can see why. We would highly recommend them to anyone we meet!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Sarah L

Elizabeth is like someone else said "the best friend you never had". I wanted to work with Elizabeth years ago when I started seeing her work -- unlike so many other coordinators, the range of her work is so eclectic! She does DIY barn weddings, glamorous ballroom weddings, cool... Read More city-vibe loft weddings and so much more. As a wannabe wedding planner, I planned my wedding top to bottom but knew I needed someone to bounce questions and ideas off of, as well as fully execute my vision the day of the actual celebration, so we hired Elizabeth as our day-of coordinator. Elizabeth made it happen for me, she truly made my dreams come true. It was such a thrill being my own wedding planner and stylist, but that could have never happened if I didn't have Elizabeth as my "boots on the ground". She is the best. When you're getting married, you have more important things to be worrying about then making sure the easels are set up and the place cards are where they are supposed to be. Let Elizabeth help you -- she's a total pro and will faithfully execute your vision just as you would (or better!). One of the best decisions we ever made was having Elizabeth around on our wedding day, we are truly grateful for all the time and energy she put in to make our day absolutely perfect. Thank you for coordinating our day, dear Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Christina M

I echo all the reviews already on the page for AE. Elizabeth and Laura were fantastic to work with throughout the planning of my wedding. They were always ready with answers to my random questions and their day-of coordination took a huge weight off my shoulders. They made... Read More sure everything was perfect down to the last detail. When she found out I was planning to stamp and organize all of my place cards the night before my wedding, Laura was quick to take that responsibility off my plate which allowed me to fully enjoy my welcome reception with my family & friends . I can't say enough about AE. If you haven't hired them yet, what are you waiting for?

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kim B

Anticipation Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They helped with the day-of coordination, and Aimee and Elizabeth made our wedding come together perfectly. They implemented all of the details that I had coordinated and were on top of everything. They... Read More also thought of all the questions to ask that I didn't. They took a huge weight off my shoulders and helped make everything go smoothly. It was so nice to take the day-of stress and coordination off me and my family so we could just enjoy everything. I can't recommend them highly enough! They were seriously the best!!

Anticipation Events made my wedding the best I've ever seen

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Lauren K

Anticipation Events helped me through day-of coordination, and more. I requested additional support from the AE team because my venue coordinator was extremely difficult and I needed someone in my corner to get things done the way I wanted to see them. Not only did AE do all the... Read More right things, but I felt like I had a friend backing me up. I worked with Elizabeth, and I could trust her style to make decisions on the day of the wedding that I really couldn't do, not being on site during set up. Her taste for design is gorgeous so I could also ask her to just lay things out and knew she'd do a better job than I would. The wedding was three weeks ago and compliments have been streaming in about how wonderful AE was. My mother was particularly impressed, and told me how Elizabeth manned all the important tables, having to stand up all my escort cards each time the door opened and knocked them over-- about 10 times. I had a couple vendors that I thought may actually not show up, because my conversations with them had been so limited. And sure enough, when I arrived I had such a sense of relief when AE told me everyone was there, on time, and they had been coordinating the game plan all week together. Plus, my husband thought she was pretty cool and it's hard to get a husband on-board with extra wedding spending. Win-Win. It was stereotypically the best night of my life and I feel so lucky to have just enjoyed it like a love-struck idiot and not worry about a single detail. AE is worth every penny and more. I would recommend to any bride to get at least a day-of coordinator. You have no idea how many details start flying in the last few weeks that you'll wish someone else was helping to keep track of with you.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Lisa J

My now husband and I used Anticipation Events for our wedding. Absolutely would recommend. They were extremely helpful in recommendations as well as preparations and handling all of our vendors. I could not believe how much they took care of from the timelines down to handing... Read More out tips for our vendors at the end of the evening. Would recommend to anyone!

Highly Recommend Them!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Joanna J

I would highly recommend Anticipation Events to anyone. I loved working with Elizabeth and Jenna--my day of coordinator. They were completely organized, yet laid back and calm (which is nice for a bride!), and complete professionals. I was so grateful to have them and they made... Read More sure our wedding was flawless!

Bride Pam

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Pam R

Elizabeth Tulipana of Anticipation Events was an incredibly calming problem solver who has the experience and personality to ensure your wedding goes off with a hitch. We used Elizabeth as a "same day" coordinator because we had a destination wedding in Chicago and needed her... Read More guidance on urban issues as well as to coordinate the wedding ceremony at the Art Institute of Chicago which has onerous loading and use rules as well as our Reception at the Chicago Park Hyatt. Elizabeth was professional, used timelines and excel charts to nail down every detail and coordinate all the vendors as well as guided us on the Rehearsal dinner issues and Sunday brunch we also held. She was a true pro, always offering to solve any issues and smooth over a problem without muss or fuss. She ensured the decor was spot on and also made suggestions if asked for vendors who were reasonably priced and entirely reliable. We feel so lucky to have worked with this gem of a coordinator and highly recommend her. We--the bride and groom--are in our fifties and know what we wanted so we had high expectations and Elizabeth exceeded them. SHE IS A FIND!! BOOK HER NOW for a stressfree event.

Elizabeth is the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Louisa S

From the beginning Elizabeth was super helpful with everything. On the day of everything was taken care of and I wasn't worried about anything because I knew she would handle it. Other than being great at her job she is a wonderful person! Thank you!