When it's no ordinary occasion...

Antonia Christianson Events is a bi-coastal social event planning firm based out of coastal Virginia and Wine Country, California that takes pride in understanding our clients' dreams and needs while incorporating our knowledge into one-of-a-kind event design and coordination packages.

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

4216 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA

Kelly Mayo

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kelly H

Wow! I don't even know how to put into words how AMAZING Missy and her ACE team were! I was so overwhelmed (and honestly uninterested) in planning my wedding - but Missy and her team made it the most enjoyable and fun process. During the year of planning, Missy and her team were... Read More extremely prompt in their responses to my questions, very honest, supportive and respectful of every decision I made. From the lighting, to the food, down to the finest details of the chargers and napkins - Missy was there every step to support and give advice. The day of my wedding was the most relaxing day I've had. Missy and her team were there with me, down to the seconds before I walked to my groom, offering nothing but kind and supportive words. My husband (and parents) and I could not have asked for a better experience. Missy is fun, professional and passionate about her work - she will make you feel as if your wedding is the only wedding she is planning, and will make you and your groom feel like family. Hiring Missy was the best wedding decision we made!

VERY BEST Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Lisa F

This review is a MUST read for brides and MOB's that are looking for someone to not only ensure all goes smoothly, but to also always "have your back" when unexpected situations pop up, which are likely to occur with any wedding. Missy is the most caring, detail-oriented and... Read More visionary professional - her passion for wedding planning is the first thing you notice and she certainly makes you feel so comfortable every step of the way. As mother of the bride, that was such a priceless gift for me! She has a very calming affect, but at the same time lets you know who she is there to please and make happy! Many of the personalized touches we had at the reception were all Missy! Countless number of guests commented to me at the wedding and afterwards that they felt so incredibly special because of those personalized touches. That is also priceless. Our guests were so very special to us so what we were able to convey to them during the reception will be a lasting memory for them and for us. Missy was the leader of our A-Team and we are forever indebted to her for making Ansley and Chris' wedding absolutely perfect!! Warmest regards, Lisa Fraser

Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Sara B

I hired Missy and her team to help guide me through the process of planning my wedding. I hired her for her "day of service," and the service she provided me went far beyond just "day of". For 15 months we worked together to plan my dream wedding. She and her team were always... Read More there for me answering every e-mail and phone call in a prompt manner. She provided me with great ideas, vendor recommendations and piece of mind. She made sure to meet with me several times through out the planning process. She personally reviewed all vendor contracts and made recommendations accordingly. Missy helped me save over $2,500 based on her recommendations. On rehearsal day she was there to help guide my entire family through the wedding rehearsal, which was no small feat! Thanks to Missy and her team, on my wedding day I woke up and didn't have to worry about a thing! My wedding ran so smooth, there were no issues and she was on top of every thing! Every little detail from ceremony to grand exit was perfect. I would highly recommend her! If it weren't for her and her team I don't know what I would have done!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Maria H

As the mother of the bride, you worry about ... well everything and that is exactly what I did, until my daughter told me that she had a wedding planner. I have never had experience with a wedding planner but I knew that she had to be one of the best since my daughter works in... Read More the wedding industry; and indeed she was. I have never seen someone do so much in such a small window of time and everything came out so perfectly, even better then what my daughter had envisioned. Not just the look of everything was lovely but none of us had to worry about anything. Even my poor grandson needed Tylenol and Missy and Carolyn made sure he got some. Above and beyond and Incredible are the words I would use to describe this dynamic team. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kyle C

When my bride to be told me that she was going to be working with Team ACE, I did not understand why. But let me tell you that I completely get it now and would recommend that every single bride work with a wedding planner and more specifically with Missy and her team. They... Read More did so much and there is no way we could have ever done any of it without them. They even checked in our flights for us so we could get prime boarding position! Amazing! Love these ladies and could not have imagined the day without them.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jennifer H

There are not enough words in the English language to describe how amazing Missy and her team are for any bride. They are the epitome of warm and caring service with an awesome outlook on everything! Consistently they went above and beyond without a second thought. They made... Read More our wedding day so insanely special and I will never be able to thank them enough! Missy, you are a treasure! Any bride would be lucky to have you by their side!

The BEST Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Lauren G

Missy and the ACE team are simply the best. A wedding planner is one of the most important decisions that a bride makes during wedding planning. We chose to do a partial plan which included vendor selection, logistic coordination, day of planning/ coordination and so much more!... Read More Missy and her team did a great job with recommending vendors. We honestly could not have had better vendors for our wedding. People would often ask us who our planner was throughout the process and when we told them, they consistently said "Missy and her team are the best!" And we completely agree! Missy's advice, guidance, creativity and support throughout the process was absolutely invaluable. We could NOT have done it without her - and we wouldn't want to! I honestly cannot say enough about the ACE team! On the wedding day, everything was perfect. I remained calm (and my family did too) and truly enjoyed the entire day because I knew that Missy and her team were at the helm. It was truly a pleasure to work with the ACE team over the past year and it was the BEST decision we made during wedding planning. I would highly recommend the ACE team to other brides/grooms/and their families.

Love ACE!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Antonia Christianson Events did an amazing job for our wedding! From planning to execution, everything was spot on. Antonia was there for me throughout the entire planning process, and I can not thank her enough for all of her help. And on the event day, her and her staff did an... Read More incredible job of making sure everything looked exactly the way I wanted. And the best part is, she treated my entire family like they were her family! Thank you so much!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Sarah C

ACE Events was nothing but PERFECTION for our wedding day! Missy and her staff were always super helpful, extremely nice and so much fun throughout planning and at the wedding!! We hired ACE for day of coordination but Missy, Kait, Britt and Kali were much more than that on the... Read More day of the wedding....they were like family. We couldn't have wished for a better team and better people to help us with our special day. We are and were truly blown away by how beautiful the church was and how awesome our reception was. They gave us such peace of mind on our big day and it went off without a hitch. A big THANK YOU to Missy, Kait, Britt, Kali and the rest of the ACE Events staff for making our special day a dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Katie K

Missy and her team are INCREDIBLE. Our wedding day far exceeded our expectations, thanks to Team ACE. We live in Virginia but our wedding was in central Louisiana, and Missy was an integral, invaluable part of the destination planning process. I can't imagine planning a... Read More destination wedding with the guidance of anybody else. Though we had a "month-of" contract, we checked in periodically through the whole year we planned our wedding, and Missy and her team always gave us the peace of mind we needed! Missy is amazing at what she does--a no-nonsense guider and facilitator, with the best sense of humor and perfect sass. We've recommended Team ACE to all of our friends and family who have future weddings to plan, and will always be in awe of how great they are!

Great Team!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Alexa B

Antonia and her event team are wonderful! From our first meeting, I knew my wedding day would be in good hands. ACE had different service options to choose from, I decided on the "Day of Coordinator" option. ACE was more than just a Day of Coordinator. They met with me several... Read More times before our wedding day, including to walk through my venue. They provided me with a month by month checklist, a timeline for the wedding weekend (which was updated often), and suggestions for other vendors that fit my budget, such as florist and cake. Our wedding day was definitely one to remember! Although, Antonia (Missy) was working with her clients in California, Carolyn was assigned as our Head Coordinator. She really took good care of us! Of course, we did come across a few obstacles. There was a crazy storm before our wedding. It was pouring and there was no power at our church. Carolyn kept everyone, especially me, calm and assured us that everything was going to be great! She was right because although the church was pitch black with no AC in the middle of July, everything turned out perfectly! What I enjoyed most is the teamwork at ACE. Everyone is in the know about the events of your wedding and everyone has you in their best interest! They are so easy to contact and are always willing to work with you. We couldn't have been happier and more appreciative with the service ACE provided us! I'd highly recommend them to any bride or groom!

Antonia Christianson Events Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Sydney B

Though we just had Antonia and her team as day-of coordinators, they were so much more than that!!! I can't imagine how our wedding day would have gone if they were not there to make the entire wedding run smoothly. I had no idea how many duties a day of coordinator has, and... Read More boy, am I glad that we chose them for the job! Antonia and her assistants did an amazing job in the months following up to the wedding, sitting down with me and discussing every little detail of how the wedding would go. They were so caring and friendly and genuinely wanted to know the vision of the wedding so that they could make it everything I hoped for. Before I met Antonia and her team I thought I had everything under control myself but the truth is- it takes an army!!! Leave it to the experienced professionals. Antonia Christianson Events will not let you down!!

Couldn't Be Happier!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Leslyn S

There aren't enough kind words to say about Missy and her team! I thought that after hours of searching pinterest planning a wedding would be a breeze...that could not be further from the truth! Missy sits down with you for as long as you need and breaks down all of the little... Read More details they don't include online. She is so knowledgeable of the wedding field, has a great relationship with numerous vendors, and is extremely dedicated to each individual bride she works with. I honestly can't imagine having my wedding without her! Everyone we met with that works at ACE was pleasant and patient. If you think you could use someone to help you out in the planning process, definitely go with ACE!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Tammy C

We can not thank ACE Events enough. I did the day of the event contract and so very thankful for all their professionalism, advice, suggestions. We couldn't have done it without Missy and her team. She was absolutely amazing. Since I am a business professional, I know how... Read More important it is to hire a professional that does this for a living, she was worth every penny. She followed up with all the vendors, sent out timelines so everyone was on the same page, set up/cleaned up, made sure everyone was having a good time the day of the wedding, coordinated the ENTIRE day. She even stopped by to say hi while we got ready. If you are thinking, "oh my aunt or a friend can do this for me," forget it. So much is involved for your big day and not one person can handle all the coordinating. Relax, enjoy the day, remember its all about you, and hire ACE to take care of all your worries and make your wedding memorable.

ACE was the BEST decision we made!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Lauren S

Missy and her team are the best there is, hands down. I knew from the moment we met Missy that there was nothing to worry or stress about - they provided "day of" coordination, and from the get-go she gave us recommendations and honest answers to all of our questions about... Read More vendors, venues and (sometimes kooky) ideas, excellent advice, and really made us feel like our wedding was as important to her as it was to us. Whenever I had a question, either Missy or someone on her team responded immediately, which always helped alleviate any stress I was feeling. She was AWESOME when it came to helping us figure out what would work - and what would NOT work - with our wedding budget, gave us other ideas to explore and helped us stick within our budget without feeling like we were compromising on anything important to us. On the day of our wedding I knew I had NOTHING to worry about - and that feeling is priceless. She's also just totally hilarious and awesome, and made us feel like family - I love her!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Brenda K

One of the best decisions I could have made was to hire Antonia Christianson and Team ACE for our big day! Missy and her team are exceptional and helped us in more ways than I can begin to count. I'm from Virginia Beach, but live in New York. My husband is from NY and wanted... Read More to have the wedding in Virginia Beach. So, essentially, I was a destination wedding! Not an easy task, by any means. And, boy did she deliver. I hired Missy rather quickly after our initial Skype interview. She immediately struck me as incredibly knowledgeable, yet approachable, warm and very personable. I felt as if she understood me, even though I had absolutely no clue what type of wedding I wanted. Missy and her team remained in constant contact with me throughout the planning process and also guided us in selecting excellent vendors; i.e. from the band, lighting, cake, etc... Everyone involved in our wedding was incredible! I'm also highly impressed with how Missy and her team were able to handle any situation with grace, professionalism and ease. Come time for the day of wedding, I can't believe how calm I felt, because I knew Missy and Team ACE would run the evening seamlessly. And, they did. I've heard repeatedly from many of my guests how fantastic Missy is and I concur. My husband and I consider her part of our family! I wholeheartedly recommend Antonia Christianson Events for any and all of your wedding planning.

Best Planner!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Carolyne s

Hiring Antonia Christianson was the best decision I made in my wedding planning process. Antonia made my wedding a total success. Even though I got married in Paso Robles, California and Antonia is primarily based out of Virginia, I felt that Antonia and her team were always... Read More available to skype and email and guide me through the wedding planning process. Even though I did not meet Antonia until my rehearsal day, she immediately impressed me with her extensive 14 page minute by minute outline for my wedding. Antonia and her team were great to work with. Friendly and upbeat personalities! Antonia made it fun! Antonia and Alexia were also incredibly organized and helped my wedding to run seamlessly. Antonia and her team quickly solved many logistical pickles that arose during my day. When a rental table did not show up, Antonia was already on the phone calling the vendor. Because of Antonia's swift action, the table arrived and we were able to seat all of our guests. Antonia also kept track of all the emails I sent her detailing how I wanted to set up my sweetheart table, vintage rentals, sake tasting station, bubbles bar, cocktail hour, welcome station, guest book, favors table, wine tasting area, and cake table. Antonia executed my vision down to the last detail. I was impressed by the fact that I gave Antonia a dozen tupperwares filled with wedding decorations and she had already read my emails that described where to place all the decorations. Antonia styled every area perfectly. The icing on the cake is that Antonia has impeccable taste and was able to add unique decorating touches to our wedding. For example, she added fall leaves and fresh grapes to our welcome station and she hand wrote all of our chalkboard messages in pretty cursive. Antonia was able to manage our nearly 20 vendors throughout the wedding process. All of my vendors commented how easy Antonia was to work with and how effective she was as a planner. During my hair and make up, Antonia helped me with anything that I needed and calmed me down when pesky issues arose. Antonia and her team even made sure that my husband and I got food and our favorite drink all night. Antonia was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her and her team to all my friends and family. Antonia and her team are simply best!!!

Outstanding and Totally Worth It!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Katie D

I found ACE online through reviews and other testimonials. I also truthfully, her website was and is much better. I could tell from the website that she puts more time, energy and resources into her company than anyone else I looked at. Every meeting we had was awesome.... Read More Antonia and her staff are wonderful. Helpful, available, friendly, quick to respond. The last two months before my wedding I must have sent them 50+ emails and nothing went without response in a super timely manner. My wedding went off without a hitch. Anything I forgot or left at home, ACE had. Everything was beautiful and on time. Antonia had my champagne ready for me. They truly were so wonderful I can't say enough how wonderful they are. I actually miss talking to Antonia regularly. I highly recommend Antonia and her team. They are absolutely worth every penny.

Kept the groom's stress low

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

ACE did such a good job. It kept our stress low and kept my bride happy. I was glad that I was able to enjoy my bride in the days leading up to the wedding and especially on our big day rather than worrying about the details. Missy took care of everything, and I was blown away... Read More by how awesome our day was when it all came together. Seriously, best day of my life. Thanks Team Ace!

Best day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jessica W

Our experience with ACE events was spectacular. Missy seriously made our dream wedding a reality. My husband and I both agree that it was the best day of our life. We are so thankful for Missy and her team. During the planning process, I ran into a couple of bumps along the... Read More way, and each time it was ACE Events to the rescue. I can't imagine going through the planning process without Team ACE by my side. They alleviated the stress and ensured that all of the details were taken care of. We wouldn't have known where to begin without their expert guidance. Missy and her team made sure our wedding ran seamlessly, and we didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying ourselves. I would recommend Antonia Christianson Events to every bride who wants to have her dream day become a reality.

The best thing I did for my wedding...

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Kathryn S

Missy and her ACE team are incredible!! We hired them for day of planning, but they were with us every step of the way. They were able to give us so many suggestions on how to make our wedding a success. Missy knows so many vendors and was able to suggest someone for all the... Read More little things I still needed to plan. Missy and her team were like my best friends during the planning of my wedding. They gave me advice when I needed it and told me how to make my crazy ideas feasible. The biggest help though was actually sitting down and planning out my wedding day. After that, I knew everything would run smoothly and I wouldn't have a thing to worry about. My wedding was the perfect day, and that had a lot to do with Missy! I would recommend Missy and the ACE team to any bride out there looking for some extra help and peace of mind. Don't wait either, book them as soon as you can, because they know the wedding business like the back of their hands. I already miss them so much!

Day-of Coordination dream team

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Lauren A

Missy and her team came very highly recommended from a family friend who works in the wedding industry and boy did they live up to their glowing praise! We feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Team ACE for our wedding this summer. We hired Missy to... Read More manage “day of” coordination but we got so much more in return. From the moment we met with her for our kick-off meeting to our reception send-off, Missy and her team were always there to answer any questions, provide expert opinion and recommendations and lend a helping hand whenever needed. If we had a question about table setting options, they always had a helpful answer. If we needed a recommendation for a killer baker in the area, they had an extensive list of options for us to use. And if we needed some hands-on help putting together our ceremony programs, they were there with rolled-up sleeves ready to dig in. They are truly there to help execute your vision for the big day, no matter the task at hand. From putting together our minute-by-minute wedding weekend itinerary to running the rehearsal and on-site management of the wedding day, Missy and her team have got you covered with “day-of” coordination. I cannot tell you what an incredible relief it was to have such a calm, creative and considerate group of professionals at the helm on our wedding day allowing us to just focus on enjoying all the special moments. The friendly professionalism we received was the same treatment they gave our friends, family and guests. They had a special way of putting everyone at ease, which any bride will tell you is very important on your big day! Hiring Team ACE was one of the greatest investments we made when planning our wedding and one that we would recommend to other brides, their grooms and their families.

Great Team for an Amazing Day

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Jennifer S

Planning our wedding was a wonderful experience with Antonia Christainson Events. Antonia knows the business and made me very comfortable with her as our event planner both on a personal and professional level. Everyone on the team was a pleasure to work with and the process... Read More was almost worry free and really fun. I would have liked to have ironed out some specific details earlier in the planning process, so I could have been more involved in the aesthetics. However, with that said, ACE handled all of them in the days leading up to the wedding and everything ended up being beautiful! We particularly were so impressed with their help on the day of the wedding. The ACE team handled everything from planning, to set up, to keeping schedule, and ensured that the whole day was seamless. They made it possible for our families and guests, and especially my husband and I, to have a worry-free and incredible day. Thank you ACE!

Wedding Planner Service

Reviewed on 8/04/2014

Could not have gotten through my wedding day without ACE wedding planners ! They helped with every detail so that me or my bridal party did not worry about a thing !!!! What a great day 👰💍

Wonderful Home Wedding

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

Antonia Christianson and the ACE team are simply the best. Their caring professionalism in everything they did resulted in the dream wedding that my daughter and son-in-law had envisioned. The recommended vendors were the very best in their fields. The wedding was complicated... Read More in that the groom's family did not speak English as their first language, and that the entire wedding event moved from site to site at our home through out the evening. The ACE team was able to orchestrate everything seamlessly. I have already booked them for an upcoming event in early 2016!

Antonia Christianson

A natural born leader, detail oriented, and a passionate worker, Antonia Christianson has all the qualities to make her clients’ dreams a reality. Owner of Antonia Christianson Events, Antonia is thought of as the “go to” event professional in both Coastal Virginia and Wine Country California. For fifteen years, Antonia has lived and breathed social events and has been recognized for her outstanding talents in publications, television, and online media sources. Antonia Christianson Events has taken both the East and West Coasts by storm, creating nationally recognized, one-of-a-kind events.