Arboretum Club

Buffalo Grove, IL

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

401 West Half Day Road, Buffalo Grove, IL

A Fairy-tale Wedding Reception!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Reena M

Our wedding at the Arboretum was an absolute Fairy Tale. We received so much more than we ever dreamed with the money we paid... Chris and Allie were absolutely amazing in helping us plan our Wedding Reception.. they very professional and paid attention to every detail.... Read More These ladies know this business well, and they understand people very well. These are the women you want to work with when planning such an important event in your life. My advice would be to make sure that you meet your milestones during the planning process. The Golf course provides some beautiful grounds for taking some amazing portraits to remember. It is so fun to drive around on the golf course and relax before the big party! The cocktail hour really set the mood right, the bars were setup both inside and outside. There was plenty of room for our guests to sit and enjoy their appetizers and drinks.. I heard that there was a wonderful assortment of different alcohol options... excellent premium liquors. Each Dinner table had a bottle of White and Red for our guests, along with a glass of champagne with a strawberry for our wedding toast. The standard table setup was so Beautiful with the Cream colored linens. The food was absolutely incredible! The chef and Chris worked with us until we found a combination of foods that we loved for our guests. Our Guests left very full and happy! The waitstaff was very friendly to our guests.. no complaints from anyone. The Dessert Table is definitely worth the money.. you get more than what you pay for. If you want to add a Wow Factor to your wedding, then do it. You won't be disappointed. I asked Arboretum to decorate for us with the backdrop.. it was the most impressive, most beautiful backdrop. We received so many compliments on the backdrop.. it costs a little extra, but definitely worth the money. You will be happy. Many of our guests commented on the quality of the work. The wedding cake was absolutely Beautiful and delicious! If they include this with the cost of your event, then take advantage of it.. it is definitely worth it! There are plenty of options. The owner of Arboretum Club was present until the very end of our reception to make sure everything was OK. Thank you so much Arboretum Club for making our Wedding Day such a Fairy Tale to remember!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Brandt M

We got a lot of promises leading up to the day of the event. But leading up to the event Chris - who you should avoid if at all possible - told us that we could get into the space later than first promised. She made us feel like a number and that they'd rather just talk the... Read More talk than actually go above and beyond. Trying to have 3 events in one day - all of which should be events that you remember for ever - means you will make all 3 of the events feel like numbers. Great for small events, but think twice about having big events here when Chris in running the show.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Julie E

My fiancé and I haven't even had our wedding at The Arboretum yet and I already know it's going to be 5 stars! From our very first correspondence with Chris, it's clear that she's knowledgable and she truly love what she does. She's organized, honest, and amicable. We're... Read More planning to have our wedding ceremony and reception at The Arboretum in May 2017 and we're already counting down the days! We couldn't be more excited to have chosen The Arboretum for our wedding!

2016-04-09T15:56:07 Response from the vendor

Julie & Evan, Thank you SO much! We are looking forward to sharing your Special Day with you both!

Reviewed on 3/05/2016

It's been almost a year since our wedding and I cannot believe I haven't written this review yet! As our one year anniversary approaches I keep remembering how amazing our wedding was at The Arboretum Club. Everyone there was absolutely amazing to work with. Chris is extremely... Read More knowledgeable and made the whole planning process so easy! German was the banquet manager on-site and executed the evening flawlessly! Some of the staff there has been there since the club opened, Alex and Jesus to name a couple! Knowing that I felt like I was in such good hands and didn't have to worry about a thing! The food was s amazing! And the space looked amazing! Everyone was commenting on how beautiful the room looked and how good the food was! Because of the Arboretum Club, we had an amazing and fun wedding that we will certainly never forget! Thanks everyone there!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Our wedding was amazing, and we could not have been happier with the service we received! Allie was the person that we worked with when booking our wedding, and she was great to work with. She explained to us what a lot of people like, and what to stay away from based on our... Read More budget. Our tasting was a blast, and my now wife and I left stuffed! When the big day came up, Chris was great to work with. She made sure everything went off without a hitch. The food was excellent, and everyone had a great time. We just received our pictures, and they also have some great spots for photos. The Arboretum Club was fabulous to work with, and I would highly recommend this reception hall to anyone getting married. David & Melissa Married October 18, 2015.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Fantastic! My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Arboretum Club 2 weeks ago and it was perfect! Chris is wonderful at what she does and worked with us the entire time. She is very easy to work with, we couldn't have done this without her! The room for our... Read More reception was beautiful, we had 200 guests and it fit everyone comfortably. The food was also phenomenal, everyone was raving about it! I would recommend the Arboretum Club to anyone!

Indian Fusion Wedding- The Arboretum Club

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Justina K

My husband and I had our Indian fusion wedding and reception at The Arboretum Club this past month. I can't say enough how happy and blessed we are to have chosen this as our wedding venue! Working with Chris, Allie and the rest of the staff was such a pleasure the whole way... Read More through. They did a wonderful job accomodating for both Christian and Hindu ceremonies, coordinating every detail, and doing everything they could to make sure the day was flawless. Everything from the service to the food was outstanding. We were happy to have received tons of compliments from the wedding guests as well raving about the food. It was really a dream come true! We would highly recommend The Arboretum Club to any couple and definitely look forward to using them for future events. Thanks again!

My Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Hannah M

I recently got married at the Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. We did both our ceremony and reception at this venue, and are so happy we did! Working with Allie and Chris was wonderful. They worked with my low budget, and gave me a lot of things for a discount. The day of our... Read More wedding they were very professional and on top of everything! They made the whole day run smoothly. I HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking for an affordable place to be married!

Amazing Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Erin K

The Arboretum Club really helped make my wedding wonderful. With all the things that run through a brides mind before the wedding, the Arboretum Club never appeared on my radar. Chris and Alley are wonderful, they communicated perfectly and never let us down. Herman (sorry... Read More for the misspelling) stayed with us the entire night to make sure the wedding went smoothly. The outside ceremony worried me a little, there are houses in the back and the parking lot to the side, but I didn't even notice it walking down the isle. Make sure your florist is familiar with the Arboretum, they know exactly how to decorate. I would highly recommend the Arboretum for you special day, the entire staff is wonderful and I was never once disappointed.

great venue

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Nicole K

My husband and I used this venue for our wedding reception. Everything turned out great! We enjoyed working with Allie & Chris who were very professional and helpful throughout the whole process. We ultimately chose this venue because of the reasonable price and the beautiful... Read More golf course- we were not disappointed. We also had many guests say how great the venue and the food were. We would highly recommend the Arboretum Club!

Love this venue!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Danielle M

I had my wedding at the Arboretum Club and I would highly recommend it! The venue was beautiful. We had our ceremony outside and it's very pretty. I got a lot of compliments on the food and the staff was very helpful! So happy how my big day turned out!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Sarah N

We had both the ceremony & reception at the Arboretum Club and it was such an amazing day. Allie & Chris made the planning process as stress free as possible and were very accommodating. They worked closely with both myself and my Mom and were always respectful. I worked most... Read More closely with Allie during the planning process and despite her own wedding just a few weeks before my own she always made my feel as though my event was a priority. Chris was our on site coordinator for the day of and somehow was always there when we needed her. I highly recommend The Arboretum Club to anyone who wants a personalized and amazing wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Rachel S

We had our wedding reception here in April and it was amazing! Chris and Allie are so nice and really willing to work with you on everything. We had some strict dietary restrictions that they worked out smoothly. We could not have been happier with our day!

Wonderful Value

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Shannon B

We had a winter wedding and it was all done within 2 1/2 months from engagement date to Wedding day. We couldn't have done it without their help. All of the details were perfect and the big day went off without any major glitches. The cake is from a wonderful local bakery... Read More and all of the food was delicious. All of my friends and family said they we very happy with the food selections and the extra option of having late night snacks and other amenities was great. All of the little details were in place. The room was very nice and the servers were excellent. Thanks!!

Amazing wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Angela L

I can't say enough wonderful things about our wedding at the Arboretum Club. The venue was exactly what we wanted and thanks to Allie's assistance with working with us we stayed in our budget. Everyone at the club was awesome to work with and very responsive especially during... Read More the planning process. I dreamed of having an outdoor ceremony and the club was perfect for it. The food was great, service and assistance day of was perfect. Can't wait to see the pictures. Highly recommended!

Amazing experience for our ceremony and reception

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Laura W

Our experience with the Arboretum Club was amazing. We got married there on 9/27/2014. We worked with Allie throughout the entire process. She was extremely helpful and always responded very timely to our emails. They let us come back for a second tasting which was extremely... Read More helpful in selecting our entrees and the food the day of the wedding did not disappoint! We extended the bar package by 1 hour and our guests really enjoyed that. Our guests had a great time and we received many compliments. We added the ceiling draping and it really helped dress up the room. We are so happy with our decision to have our ceremony and reception at the Arboretum club.

What a great wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Angela P

The folks at the Arboretum Club were absolutely AWESOME. Every detail - they nailed! They were willing to work with us, hear our ideas, make recommendations and tailor to our budget. We had hoped to have an outdoor ceremony but due to a sudden temperature drop we elected an... Read More indoor ceremony and they did not disappoint. Our indoor ceremony was PERFECT. It was colorful, intimate, and beyond anything we could have imagined on our own. The reception followed right after - they simply "flipped" the room during cocktail hour, and reopened the doors to a brand new room! Awesome drinks, killer food, and SO ORGANIZED. I would definitely recommend the Arboretum Club to a couple looking to host a wedding between 80-150 people. It is perfect. OH! AND - we had so much fun in our cute little "bride & groom" golf cart after the ceremony where we got to drive out on the course for pictures. Thank you to Allie, Lisa and Chris for making our wedding a perfect memory we will cherish forever!!!!!! :)

The Arboretum Club was AMAZING and exceeded our expectations!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Karolin D

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Arboretum Club only two days ago and couldn't wait any longer to rave about what a wonderful experience it was! We began planning with Allie, the Sales Manager. She was very warm, approachable, and accommodating from day 1. She... Read More never made us feel uneasy about coming to her at any time with our questions, and was always very prompt about answering us, along with giving us great advice along the way. We also dealt with Chris Smith, the Director of Sales and Catering, and she was just as amazing. She took the time to listen to what we wanted, and made sure that she followed through. We always felt that our opinions were important at The Arboretum Club, and that was just the planning process! The actual day of the wedding absolutely exceeded our wildest dreams!! We were greeted at the door by Allie, who let us know exactly how the flow of the night would go, which was reassuring, because time seemed to fly by so quickly that day! We were able to take photos with our bridal party, and then Allie handed us the keys to our bridal golf cart where we were whisked away to take photos on their gorgeous course. There are so many beautiful photo opportunities there! When we returned back, Allie gave my husband and I a sneak peak at the reception room before any of our guests entered. I was speechless. The staff did such an absolutely amazing job at decorating. We did the pipe&drape behind our head table with uplighting, along with uplighting in the corners of the room, and the drape in the center of the ceiling. It was gorgeous. Our cake was displayed in the middle of the dance floor, and it came out perfectly-- just as we described it to Allie a few weeks before. The Arboretum has a contract with Lovin Oven (included with the hall package!) and we later found out it was also extremely delicious!! Overall, the night flowed flawlessly and it felt like a dream. I would recommend The Arboretum Club to any future couple!!

Arboretum Club

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Kristen S

I really enjoyed everything about the Arboretum Club. They were so easy to work with throughout the whole process, and the day of everything was as expected. Our pictures also turned out great as well. One thing they did mention the first time we met was that the front 9... Read More would be free of golfers so we could take our pictures and this was not the case. We had to step off and wait a few times for the golfers to pass. Overall this was a great place for our reception.

So Happy!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014

Our daughter had her reception here this past Saturday. We were so happy with the event, we wanted to review The Arboretum Club quickly so others can experience the attention to detail we were so pleased to enjoy. The planning was easy working with Chris and her staff. Their... Read More service staff was wonderful. It is so nice to be the only reception at the venue and have the whole place to yourself. The venue was beautiful and everything was set up as we had discussed. The food was delicious and exactly as we had been served at our tasting - except for the crab cakes. We had mentioned that we thought they were a little small when we ordered them, so the chef made them bigger for our reception!! Wonderful! Such a great value - we will use them again and would gladly recommend them. Thank you Arboretum Club!

Beautiful Reception

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Laura O

Allie at the Arboretum Club did an amazing job with our wedding. She was in contact with us long before the wedding, and was there the day-of as well. Everything looked beautiful, the room was perfect, and we loved having the outdoor patio as well. We put a bags game out... Read More there for guests and it really added some fun to the cocktail hour. Overall it was a great value, great service, wonderful food, and an awesome night!

Flawless!

Reviewed on 4/02/2014 Natalie R

My husband and I only looked at 4 venues and knew right away that we would have a great experience at Arboretum Club. They were more than accommodating in every request we had. My dad works for Pepsi and when I found out they served the "other" product, I knew my dad would be... Read More hesitant. They immediately assured us that only Pepsi products would be served. I'd like to say I was a pretty easy going bride and they made the process that much easier. Chris is exceptional! My parents live out of state and she made me feel at ease with every concern I had. Between her and Allie, they responded to any email in a timely manner and if they didn't have the answer immediately, they responded as soon as they could. If I could do my wedding all over again, I would book this venue in a heart beat! My husband and I, our families and friends had a fantastic night. The food was amazing and the selection at the bar was top notch. They were also so helpful keeping all of my other vendors in the loop. I cannot say enough good things about this place!!

3.5 Stars

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Jessica M

If you could give half stars, this rating would be 3.5 stars. I had my October, 2013 wedding at the Arboretum Club. Chris Snider and Allie Smith were very helpful throughout the planning process, promptly answering all of my e-mails. My husband and I were able to bring in... Read More many of our own decorations (including live trees we rented) to make the venue look exactly how we wanted it to look. Also, we received many compliments from family and friends on the food and waitstaff at the reception. Minus 1.5 stars for several reasons, all of which had to do with the end of the evening. We planned to have a Kid's Area set up after the cocktail hour. When it was still not set up well after dinner began, we were told that Allie already left for the night. I'm not sure if this is how events here normally go, but we assumed Allie would be there for the whole night. My husband and I ended up having to set up the Kid's Area ourselves. We also ended up setting our favors out ourselves, which we were told would be done for us. We planned to have a cart with hot dogs come out at the end of the night. The hot dogs were served, but not from a cart. They were placed on a table outside of the reception room. Finally, we were told that we could pick up our decorations the Sunday after our wedding. However, at the end of the night, we were told that they were having a wedding on Sunday afternoon and we had to have all of our things out of the Bridal Suite. This is NOT how I wanted to end our wedding. It was very difficult and frustrating to pack everything up at midnight in a wedding dress. They allowed us to pick some things up the next day, but we took most of it with us that night. Overall, the planning phase, beginning, and middle of our event were fantastic; the only hiccups occurred at the end of the night. We strongly recommend that Allie (or someone in a similar management role) stay for the whole event to make sure things end smoothly.

The Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Natalie S

I was married in August 2013 and this was where my husband and I had our reception. It was amazing. I had so many ideas in my head from Pinterest, from my parents, from magazines, that I didn't think that anything could match up to what I had thought up. We visited many... Read More potential spaces but nothing was grabbing our eye. As soon as we entered the Arboretum Club's space and met their staff we knew we had found our dream space. There are so many great things I could go on and on but I'll focus on what was important to us. First and foremost: Price. We were on a budget and with a Chicago area wedding in mind that doesn't leave many options. We sat down with the coordinator and after finding ways to cut some costs (skipping on the lobster and having chicken) (choosing less expensive appetizers) (choosing chair covers instead of fancy chairs)...etc.. we found ourselves with a budget we could make happen. Next, We had a guest count of 250 and had been having trouble finding a space that could fit that for a reasonable price. The Arboretum Club totally worked! Next, we wanted good food. This place has AMAZING food! Seriously, guests went up to my mom and complimented her on the food after just the first soup course! They made their food from scratch and it's amazing. Next, we didn't want to deal with a million vendors. This place almost includes it all... food, decor, open bar, space (indoor and outdoor), brides room, nice restrooms, even the wedding cake is included in the cost. The only vendors we brought in were flowers, photo booth, photography/video, and a sound system. We also wanted it to look classy. This place was so great! So many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was and I felt so great about it all! The pictures on the course and around the trees were beautiful. Also, they only have one space here for weddings so yours is the ONLY wedding going on that night. Which is incredible. The staff were amazing. Every time we called or emailed they knew exactly who we were and worked with our specific needs and catered to our wants. It was truly the best wedding experience I could have asked for. Also, remember, the open bar (including beer, wine, and hard alcohol) comes INCLUDED in the per plate price. I can't stress how great that was. Anyway, if you're looking for a beautiful Chicago area wedding for a great price, you better book this place fast! You won't regret it and you'll have people talking and raving about it for years!

Very nice!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Ashlie

I was very pleased with everything from start to finish with The Arboretum Club. Everytime I stressed about something going wrong, Chris or Allie were at my rescue! On the day of my wedding, Allie did not want me to worry about anything, and I really didnt. The outdoor ceremony... Read More was beautiful, and everything was all set up when I got there. There is an extra 200 dollar charge for them to set up place cards, card box, centerpieces ect... DO IT! Best 200 dollars ever spent. Thanks ladies for making my day great! My biggest plus about this place, is I got EVERYTHING for a very fair deal. They really don't try to get every dime out of you like a lot of other places!

Meet The Director of Sales

Chris Snider

Hi! My name is Chris and I have been with the The Arboretum Club since we opened over 12 years ago. When I am not doing weddings, I enjoy hanging with my kids and just having fun. My favorite part of my job is getting to work with all of you to make your dreams come true! Along with Sarah (our Sales Coordinator), German (our Banquet Manager), and the entire Arboretum Club Family, we all strive to make your wedding a huge success!