Armstrong Farms

Saxonburg, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Although the buildings at Armstrong Farm date back to the 1800s, they are fully restored and have modern amenities. Both Fieldstone barn and Westminster's bank barn feature the original beams, siding and foundation, which give them vintage charm. They each accommodate up to 160 people.

Outfitted with air conditioning and geothermal heating, Fieldstone barn is the only all-weather venue on the premises, but couples also have the option of marrying in the outdoor garden. It offers couples and their guests panoramic views of the surrounding pastures and woods along with plenty of scenic spots, including decks and tree swings for wedding photos. Westminster Preserve is a peaceful, environmentally friendly site with an arbor and pond ideal for an outdoor ceremony.

Couples who choose to marry at Armstrong Farms have use of the facility for the entire weekend, including access to smaller houses, so that the couple, their families and members of the bridal party can stay on the site. Out of town guests can stay in nearby Saxonburg or Cranberry.

The rental agreement is not an all-inclusive package, so couples have the ability to customize their wedding to meet their individual needs and tastes, but the owners provide the to-be-weds with a list of preferred vendors for everything from catering and music to hot air balloon operators. There are only small, basic kitchens at the site, so couples must select a full-service caterer.

Armstrong Farms is a family-run business, and the staff members are knowledgeable about the farm and how to plan weddings. The owners even have a "prop shop" filled with decorative items for couples to use. Other perks include:

• Handicap accessibility
  • Sunday morning brunch
  • Post-reception bonfire

Historic Farm with Rustic Elegance and Charm

Armstrong Farms provides a beautifully unique setting where you can create memories to last a lifetime. A 200-year-old family farm, Armstrong Farms features two restored barns, each with its own history. Plan your wedding weekend and enjoy the peaceful countryside and an unforgettable experience.

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Planning

PO Box 644, Saxonburg, PA (724) 352-2858

The Perfect Venue for a Perfect Wedding Weekend!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Patrick M

My husband and I got married on Westminster Preserve at Armstrong Farms on 5/18/13, and words can't even describe how memorable the weekend was. Some brides might be turned off when they find out that Armstrong Farms is not all-inclusive, like a hotel reception would be. Please... Read More trust me when I say that going with Armstrong Farms is an excellent choice, even though things like the cake, flowers, and catering aren't included when you reserve your wedding date. Instead, you and your husband have the freedom to create the wedding of your dreams, rather than having all of the choices made for you to create a cookie cutter wedding. I think the aspect of Armstrong Farms that I love the most is that you aren't just guaranteed a perfect wedding day. You are guaranteed a perfect wedding weekend. You, your husband, your families, and even members of your bridal party are invited to stay at Armstrong Farms for the entire weekend. Everything during the weekend of our wedding took place right there and was absolutely unforgettable, from the rehearsal dinner on Friday to the post-wedding brunch on Sunday. When we first visited Westminster Preserve during our search for the perfect venue, we were instantly drawn to what it had to offer. The ceremony site couldn't be more perfect, with a beautiful pond and gazebo as the backdrop. The barn was exactly what we were looking for in a reception spot. It was rustic, spacious, and had the perfect amount of charm. Kathy Allen's calm demeanor and detailed descriptions of the grounds and what it had to offer sold us almost immediately. It honestly felt like we were meeting with a long lost beloved family member, not just the owner of a family-run farm who we just met that day. After we booked with Kathy, she gave us a list of vendors that she highly recommends to help make the planning less overwhelming. The word "list" doesn't give the information she gave us any justice- it was pages and pages of vendors, from your regular wedding vendors, like florists and caterers, to your specialty vendors, like hot air balloon operators! Kathy let us know that she would be our wedding coordinator and assured us that she would be there for us every step of the way, and she definitely didn't disappoint. During the planning process, if we needed help with anything, Kathy was on it. When our guest list grew to an amount of people that could no longer fit in the barn for dinner, Kathy helped us solve the problem by recommending a tent company. We ended up having a tented dinner, with drinks and dancing in the barn, and it worked out perfectly! I honestly thought that Kathy couldn't possibly be any more helpful than she was during the planning stages, but I was wrong. She was there for us throughout the weekend of our wedding, too, no matter what it was that we needed. Kathy, her son, Andy, and the other staff members did anything and everything they could to make the weekend go perfectly. At one point, when we were getting pictures taken after the ceremony, my husband mentioned that he was extremely hot and wished he had his deodorant and cologne, which were back in the cottage on the other farm. Just then, Kathy drove off on her golf cart, returning minutes later with the deodorant and cologne. It was the small gestures like this one, in combination with all of the major aspects of the weekend that they made happen, that makes me recommend Armstrong Farms with absolutely no hesitation! You won't regret it!

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Phoebe C

We got married at Armstrong farms April 18th 2015 and it was a truly amazing experience. We used their Fieldstone Barn venue and it was beautiful, the grass was perfectly maintained for our outdoor ceremony even though we had plenty of thunderstorms in the week leading up to the... Read More wedding. Inside the venue is fantastic with plenty of space for cocktails, reception and dancing along with a modern rustic charm that created a wonderful atmosphere. We had looked at several other barn venues around Pittsburgh and this was hands down the best that we saw. Kathy was very accommodating to all our needs and great at communicating with us up to the date. She also lent us a number of decorations she had available and even allowed us to bring our dog to the ceremony which was very important to us. She did a great job on the day coordinating with all the vendors and helping us keep to schedule (I would suggest you clearly clarify timing and priorities with them ahead of time as I sometimes felt a little rushed by Kathy, but both my groom and I have not had a lot of experience with weddings ourselves so this was mostly our fault not making clear what mattered most). I am from England and much of my grooms family is from out of state. This venue lends itself perfectly to that as it offers onsite accommodation and accommodation nearby in Saxonburg (the most charming little town) and Cranberry. Use of the venue was also included for the Friday afternoon allowing us not only to get some of the set up accomplished but to use it for the rehearsal dinner also which was very convenient! Overall our wedding day was completely perfect and we have a lot to thank Armstrong Farms for in helping to make that happen. I would highly recommend them to anyone and I already have a number of friends who attended the wedding saying that they plan to have their wedding their too (once they find the right guy!).

PERFECT

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Katie F

Armstrong Farms Westminster Preserve was the perfect wedding venue for us. From the very first meeting to the breakfast in the barn the morning after the wedding, Armstrong Farms worked hard to make sure we had the perfect wedding weekend. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, made... Read More planning our wedding so much easier. She was there every step of the way making sure that everything worked seamlessly. We really wanted a venue where we could have a wedding weekend and not just a wedding day, and that is exactly what Armstrong Farms provided us. I would recommend Armstrong Farms to anyone hoping to have a beautiful outdoor wedding. Our guests loved the venue! The Armstrong Farms staff/family is a pleasure to work with and very professional. You can tell that they take great pride in their property and actually care about you and your wedding. Thank you Armstrong Farms!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Katie N

We highly, highly recommend Armstrong Farms for an intimate and rustic venue. One of the best reasons to choose Armstrong Farms is Marlene. She was an extremely kind, enthusiastic coordinator and made us feel completely at ease. She helped to facilitate the wedding we wanted,... Read More and at this venue, you are allowed to create the space you want. The lighting, decor, centerpieces and table arrangements are all things you can coordinate. The entire day was planned out and she helped keep everyone on schedule. If you want an outdoor wedding, but need an indoor space in case the weather doesn't cooperate, this is a great option. The bottom floor was a great space for our rehearsal dinner, the ceremony and cocktail hour! We also liked having the venue and farmhouse for the entire weekend. This allowed us time to set up and gave us extra time to have with some of guests because stayed the night with friends and enjoyed the breakfast the following morning. We were extremely happy with our decision to have our special day here!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Marah V

Your wedding day should be the best day of yours and your partner's life. Thanks to Armstrong Farms and its staff, it absolutely was. From the moment we walked on to the farm property, we fell in love with the place. It is secluded, peaceful, and beautiful. We got married at... Read More Fieldstone Barn (one of two locations on the property). The miles of surrounding pastures and the beautifully restored barn was the perfect location for us. Our wedding coordinator was Marlene. By the time the weekend was over, I felt like I was saying goodbye to a best friend. Marlene did not stop from Friday to Sunday to make sure that our family had everything we needed to host the perfect wedding. At the rehearsal dinner on Friday, she reassured us that the barn would be cleaned up and ready to go the next morning for the wedding. On Saturday morning, Marlene made trip after trip from the barn to the farmhouse (that myself and my bridesmaids were getting ready in). If we did not have something, she brought it. There were minor things I never even thought of that she brought to our attention. No bride should have to worry on her wedding day, and Marlene made sure that I (and my mother) had nothing to worry about. Even our VENDORS (DJ, florist, caterer) were raving about how wonderful of a place Armstrong Farms was. If the vendors had a question, Marlene addressed it so that we did not have to field phone calls or questions the weekend of the wedding. Even on Sunday morning at brunch (yes, they offer a brunch on Sunday morning in the barn so that you can say goodbye to all your recovering guests) Marlene was nothing but smiles. She truly made our wedding so perfect - i could not imagine having it anywhere else.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Haley V

Armstrong Farms Fieldstone Barn was the last venue we had visited and the best by far. My husband and I are so grateful for all the things that Amanda Miller did for us throughout the whole process. The barn itself is beautiful and our wedding turned out more beautiful then we... Read More could have every imagined. Amanda was so kind and helpful throughout everything. The monday before the wedding we had a family emergency that I called Amanda one to try to get a plan B just incase and to be reassure that everything was going to be ok. They are truly the most kind hearted people you would ever meet. I can't say thank you enough. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone interested! With love - The Schmiedlins

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Alicia K

Our venue was the biggest and most important decision in wedding planning and I don’t think we could have made a better decision! We loved everything about having our wedding at Armstrong Farms (Fieldstone barn). We fell in love with the venue at our initial meeting and was then... Read More sold on everything that was included - the weekend package with lodging, rehearsal dinner space and set up, use of the amazing prop shop, and the best part a day of coordinator! We booked in August and got our coordinator Amanda assigned in December and she was fantastic! She was way more than just a day of coordinator, she was in constant contact with us leading up to the wedding, answering any questions we had and working with us to make sure we had all our vendors. A few weeks out we had a final meeting with her to go over all of the details which she then confirmed with all the vendors right before the wedding and was the main POC at the wedding. She was around all weekend starting at noon on Friday to make sure we had everything we need for setting up, decorating, etc. We didn’t worry about a thing on the day of the wedding and no one in my family had to be at the farm to make sure the other vendors knew what to do & where to set-up, it was such a relief to have a professional like Amanda be there on our day. I can’t imagine the day going as smooth without her. Now back to the venue, it was the perfect space for our rustic romantic wedding. We had the downstairs with a bar and music for cocktail and then the upstairs for the main dinner and reception. We had 100 guests and there was plenty of room for eating and dancing. It was a beautiful space and the minimal decorations that we used from Armstrong Farms enhanced the natural beauty. We really could not have been happier with having our wedding here and everyone involved. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Alice A

My husband and I had our reception at the Fieldstone Barn on 10/01/2016 and we had a wonderful experience! Besides the beautiful barn and picturesque setting, we really liked that we were given access to the barn for the entire weekend. We were allowed to begin setting up Friday... Read More at noon and could clean-up on Sunday morning. This relaxed schedule let us set-up exactly how we wanted without feeling rushed. Some of the other barns that we looked at had 3 weddings in the same weekend and you had to be in and out very quickly. We just felt like that we would be too rushed under those circumstances. We also liked the the Fieldstone Barn had both central AC and heat. October in western PA can vary greatly in terms of temperature,so having both options was great! Kathy was very good to work with. She communicated with and kept track of our vendors on our wedding day, so we didn't have to worry about any of that. She also let us borrow items from the "prop shop" that we used for decorations and centerpieces at our reception. We were very please with our reception at Armstrong Farms!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Deborah D

My family owns our own catering company and have been in business for 30 years. Picking my wedding vendors was easy for me. Armstrong Farms was at the top of my list for my wedding reception for a reason, it is picturesque. Also the owners are amazing. Kathy was our coordinator... Read More and could not have done a better job. Super helpful and on the ball. It is her passion to make sure your special day is nothing but perfect. We got married on site at the Fieldstone barn with reception following. We also had access to both larger houses for our bridal party for the entire weekend. Our wedding was an event not just a day. It was amazing! The memories we made there are for a life time! Truly the best place for such a unique experience with the rustic feel I was looking for. Thank you Armstrong Farms and staff! #Doleckisfallinlove10292016

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Ashley H

We chose Armstrong Farms (Fieldstone) as the venue for our ceremony and reception in October. 2016 The barn itself is beautiful, as is the surrounding area. The leaves hadn't yet changed for our early October wedding, but it still made for a gorgeous setting. Also, because the... Read More venue is so beautiful in its natural state, it made decorating easy as it didn't require much. We could go on about how lovely the venue is (it is!), but my husband and I both felt like the most value came from the coordinator on staff at the venue. She worked with us in the months leading up to our wedding, and the day of to make sure that everything came together. We could never have anticipated how much we would have relied on her, especially the weekend of our wedding. From tracking down a steamer to use on bridesmaids' skirts to making sure we had butter for mountain pies for the post-wedding bonfire, she was the best! It was also so convenient to be able to stay so close to the venue in the farmhouses that come with the rental. Additionally, it was great to have the venue for the entire weekend. We were able to decorate on Friday, have our rehearsal dinner there that evening, and didn't have to clean up/pack up until Sunday. Overall, we can't say enough good things about our experience with Armstrong Farms.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Breanne H

I can't begin to explain how amazing this venue is!! We had our ceremony and reception here at the Westminster Barn and we have gotten nothing but compliments and great remarks on what a fantastic place it was! The view, the space, plus Kathy and her son made our wedding day one... Read More we will never forget. Kathy and her son made our day go so smooth, I didn't have to worry about a single thing! All of our other vendors knew their roles and where to set up because of them. And while getting ready-I did not have to do one thing, but relax. They kept checking in on me and during the reception they played the role of telling us when to cut the cake, when to do the first dance, etc., they kept our drink glasses full, and snuck us away during prime time sunset pictures! ANAZING! This place and the people are fantastic and our day was nothing but perfect!! I recommend this venue to ALL!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Paula B

My husband and I got married at the fieldstone on September 10, 2016. It was amazing! The staff is very nice and responsive. Everyone commented on how beautiful everything looked. I couldn't have asked for a better venue and the fact that we had the house all weekend next... Read More door made it even better!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Sarah F

Choosing Armstrong Farms Fieldstone Barn was by far the best choice we made for our wedding. My husband and I are so grateful for all the things that Andy Allen did for us throughout the planning experience. The barn itself is beautiful and our wedding in turn was beautiful. The... Read More farmhouse was wonderful, my girls and I stayed there the night before the wedding and had hair and makeup come to us the morning of the wedding, it was great. Andy Allen was our coordinator and was seemlessly there the day of my wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly and perfectly, I can't say thank you enough. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone interested!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jonathan W

We were recently married at Armstrong Farms - Westminster Preserve. The weekend was absolutely perfect. We worked with Amanda and she was responsive, answered all of my questions throughout the process, and was there the day before and the day of the wedding to make sure that... Read More things went smoothly. She was wonderful. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and the expansive area so guests can dance if they'd like to, kids can run around outside, and guests can visit on the deck or in the yard. It's also a completely perfect place for pictures. I can't say enough good things about this venue. We had a great wedding and have received so many compliments on the venue and farm. We would have our wedding here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Annie D

We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding day. It was the first and last venue we looked at because it had everything we wanted. Even leading up to the wedding if we had any questions big or small, the staff was always so helpful to answer or accommodate.... Read More The day of the wedding we had nothing to worry about. Our coordinator (Andy Allen) was so on top of it and all of our family and friends loved him and wanted to be his best friend haha. Everything was so perfect and our guests cannot stop telling us how beautiful everything was. The resident geese were also a huge hit and became a part of our bridal party :) Everyone got a kick out of that. Our bridal party and family loved that we could stay on the grounds the whole weekend which was amazing because no one had to drive anywhere. All around- best weekend ever.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Sarah K

We are so very grateful that we chose to get married in the Fieldstone Barn at Armstrong Farms. Kathy and her family have a wonderful venue, and they make you feel extremely comfortable and at ease with their frequent communication. They are so very friendly and accommodating.... Read More Having the lodging on site was so helpful; our families even stayed in their bed and breakfast suites and in another house all within two miles of the barn. Everyone was so impressed with the beauty and charm of the farm and nearby Saxonburg. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Kathy allowed us to choose centerpieces and other decorative items from their "prop shop," so everything was already laid out for us when we arrived on the premises. I loved our wedding so much - the barn was the perfect location to host all of the people we loved most! Thank you to Kathy and the rest of the family. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kira K

I highly recommend booking this venue now, and quickly, as slots fill up well in advance. My husband and I were just married on 8/13/16 at Armstrong Farms Westminster Preserve. I cannot sing enough praises about this place. It is simply breathtaking and was perfect for my... Read More rustic-vintage wedding vision. I fell in love with it when I saw it. I worked directly with coordinator, Amanda, who is the absolute best!! Amanda is knowledgeable, organized, very responsive, and just the nicest person to work with. She coordinates with all vendors and executed the planning leading up to, and the day of the wedding, seamlessly!! I had no doubt the vision of my wedding would come to life with her managing behind the scenes, and I was not disappointed! It was better than I ever imagined!! Westminster Preserve is not climate-controlled and we had 90 degree heat and humidity on our wedding day. There is a wonderful breeze at Westminster along with an industrial fan, provided by Armstrong, which provided comfort for all of our guests in August. There are 2 houses on site for the wedding party and family to stay over for the entire weekend. We did not opt to do this due to having our ceremony in our church, but we did utilize these for the bridal party to relax prior to presentation at the reception. This site has gorgeous landscaping for photos, including a pond! We even had a red vintage pick-up truck parked in the grass on our wedding day for photo ops. I could go on and on! Thank you so much to Armstrong & especially Amanda for making my wedding day the most perfect day ever, which I will remember for a lifetime!! xoxo

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Mary L

My husband, Chris, and I got married on 6/11/16 @ Armstrong Farms (Fieldstone). I can honestly say we made the PERFECT choice for our venue. Andy Allen could not have been more accommodating or helpful. He was there every time we needed something and truly went above and beyond... Read More for us. He even let me use his personal computer and printer to print out a few escort cards I forgot. The barn's beauty speaks for itself but the family that runs it is what makes it truly special! So many of my guests commented on how wonderful it was and how smooth everything ran, all which was due to Andy. His mom, and owner, Kathy is wonderful as well. She was the one who initially met with us to view the venue and helped us pick our items from the "prop shop." By the way- the "prop shop" is an extra they offer where you can borrow decorations that they supply at no extra cost!!! (we used table numbers, wood slabs for centerpieces, mason jars, windows for signs, etc.) They have so much stuff & it all matches the rustic theme of the barns perfectly. Another cool perk, they have a farmhouse on site for the wedding party to stay at the whole wedding weekend, once again included in the price! Armstrong Farms is the ideal spot for a gorgeous venue with great service & a stress free experience. I cannot say thank you enough to Andy & his team, you guys are GREAT!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Emily K

Words can't even describe how much I love Armstrong Farms Fieldstone Venue and all the staff members who contributed to make our wedding day beyond exceptional, especially our coordinator Marlene. She went above and beyond to make sure every detail of the day was flawless. She... Read More directed the rehearsal perfectly and was available for the whole weekend. She was always easily accessible through e-mail and answered the million questions I had in a timely fashion. The barn was at the top of our budget, but we were able to use a majority of our decorations from their Prop Shop including center pieces, table numbers, rustic windows, banners etc which helped save money! Every single guest said how much they loved the setting of our wedding and called it "casual elegance". The use of the old farmhouse and the guest house to get ready in before the ceremony was wonderful which also saved money in place of a hotel room. The venue was perfectly landscaped which helped make such wonderful backgrounds for our pictures! I could go on forever on how amazing the venue and staff are at Armstrong Farms, but book your wedding there and find out for yourself!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Alexandra B

The farm was more than we wanted to spend on a venue but it was worth every penny. Andrew and Kathy were amazing to work with and always very responsive when I had a million questions. I asked to come to the farm several times to see the space for decorations, walk-through, etc.... Read More and Andrew was very accommodating. The ability to borrow a lot from the farm helped keep our wedding within budget. Also, being able to have the rehearsal dinner and a morning after brunch there to take our time decorating and cleaning up made sure it was a laid-back wedding weekend for everyone. I loved every second of it!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Sarah T

My husband and I are unbelievably happy with how our wedding went! Armstrong Farms was so beautiful and clean! Kathy, our wedding coordinator, was so helpful and took care of all directing the day of the wedding! All staff were wonderful! I wish we could do it again! It was the... Read More greatest night of our life!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Emily M

Our wedding was held in the Fieldstone Barn which was a beautiful setting for a January wedding. Amanda, our wedding coordinator at Armstrong Farms was such a crucial part of our day and all of the planning leading up to it. They really do take care of every little detail and... Read More help to make your vision become a reality.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Amy H

My husband and I got married October 3, 2015 at the Fieldstone Barn. We had a truly wonderful experience with them. Amanda was our coordinator and was so responsive and always helpful in planning. They also have an adorable "prop shop" where you can reserve anything from signs... Read More to jars to table numbers. And least of all, the venue was GORGEOUS, especially when lit up at night. There is also a house on site that you get for the whole weekend, and you can have an after party bonfire there as well. It was such a relief to be able to be onsite and completely set up on Friday afternoon. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who will listen to me!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016

My daughter and son-in-law got married on Saturday, January 30th 2016 at the Fieldstone Barn. Emily and Joe's wedding weekend, from start to finish, was simply a fairytale. Amanda made everything picture perfect (literally) - the photographs are awesome! We couldn't have asked... Read More for or anticipated a better wedding coordinator - Cheers Amanda!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Jonathan F

We worked with Kathy Allen from start to finish. Kathy was a delight to deal with. She was extremely responsive to our emails and typically answered within twenty four hours. She made the planning process a breeze. It was great to have the housing on the property available for... Read More us and our guests. Our guests loved the convenience of being able to stay right on site. Kathy worked with all of our vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. We had a prep meeting four to six weeks prior to the wedding and Kathy went through detail by detail to make sure things were how we wanted them and everything was decided and ready to go. The day we arrived at the venue Kathy was on site and available to assist us and answer any questions we may have had. Kathy helped ensure the rehearsal ran smoothly and made sure our wedding day was exactly how we wanted it to be. We cannot say enough good things about Armstrong Farms. Our guests loved the venue!