ART Catering & Events

serving all of Brunswick County, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach

Full Service Catering Company

ART Catering & Events provides full service catering for weddings, special events and occasions. We service all of Brunswick County, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. With over 20 years of experience, our staff is dedicated to providing exceptional service, delicious cuisines and competitive pricing.

Cuisine

American, Italian, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

4647 Main Street, Unit 6, Shallotte, NC serving all of Brunswick County, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach (910) 755-6642

The Best!

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Meredith C

Terry and her entire team at ART Catering were WONDERFUL to work with! All of my questions throughout the wedding planning process were answered quickly and thoroughly (and believe me, I had a LOT of questions!). Terry was also very accomodating to our budget and worked with us... Read More in creating a menu that was perfect for our event. On the day of the wedding, Terry was professional and friendly. She went out of her way to speak to me during the reception to make sure everything was to my liking. Best of all - the food was great! It wasn't your typical "wedding food" and multiple people commented on how good everything was! Brides - book ART Catering NOW! You won't be sorry!

Excellent Food!

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 gina s

My guests are still raving about how great the food was at our wedding. And the tasting was fantastic! They are great to work with, and they are incredibly professional with their work. I had such an easy time when it came to the catering portion of my wedding. I still am... Read More dreaming about that crab dip! Terry and Elaine did a great job with our wedding!

Amazing food!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Kirsten C

Everyone raved about how good the teriyaki chicken and lasagna was! Every dish we had was delicious! I've been to a couple wedding where I thought the food tasted just blah when it was mass produced like this but Art's catering was delicious! They even brought an unmarinated... Read More chicken breast for a guest with special dietary needs. They were very easy to work with and the staff was extremely polite! I would definitely recommend them! They were very reasonably priced when ordering off their $9 menu. We had a guest list of 50 and it was around $1,200 with everything I believe.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Kaitlin B

ART Catering has mastered the art of creating beautiful food that tastes amazing!! They were also extremely accommodating when it came to dietary restrictions (and other preferences from the family of the bride). We absolutely recommend using them for your big day!... Read More Recommendations: chicken Florentine, tortellini in the cream sauce, broccoli casserole, Carolina steak bites and the crab dip!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Olivia S

amazing food, the staff was very helpful but poorly dressed for an occasion such as a wedding. our bartender's attire resembled a plumber anytime he reached for something if you get what i mean by that. And we had an issue with several missing cases of beer and bottles of wine.... Read More when we spoke to Art Catering they informed us that their staff had no part in the missing alcoholic beverages but my husband and I still feel differently. They did however make a quick return phone call and were very attentive to the issues i brought to their attention. At any rate i would suggest you just let them provide the alcohol for your event should you decide to serve any to prevent and confusion at the end of the evening. The staff was very helpful with any changes i made. i was planning my wedding from the other side of the state and they addressed any issues i had promptly. It took several phones calls over the same issue to have an updated invoice correctly reflect the change. The corkage fee per person was charge on our total requested number of plates and not the actual guest count or number of people attending over the age of 21 so i found myself a little discontent with that as we had ordered a dozen plates more than we needed to ensure we did not run out and we had another dozen people who were under the age of 21. But it was a small fee so at the end of the day it wasn't a huge deal just something to be aware of. Again don't let this take away from the stellar service we received at our wedding reception and the divine food we had. they also did our wedding rehearsal dinner and again stellar food and service.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Britteny H

We used Art Catering for our ocean front 12 bedroom beach house wedding (50 E 1st St in Ocean Isle, NC known as "Splash Kingdom") on May 13, 2017. We had 65 guests. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this company! It was a joy having them work our wedding. They are... Read More affordable, their food is delicious (I'm a picky eater and I have an allergy to gluten), the staff is helpful, and they took care of "everything" to make a smooth wedding day! Tables, chairs, and the arch were delivered the day before the wedding (plenty of time for us to decorate the arch), and they brought linen and set up everything the day of the wedding including centerpieces. All rentals were picked up the next morning before we checked out. We loved that we were able to have their bartender serve our own beer and wine! They even brought their own ice so we didn't have to worry about anything (for a small fee). Terry, Dawn, and Elizabeth were very helpful by answering my million and one questions. They gave honest feedback to my questions instead of "what would make them the most money". I honestly felt like everything would be taken care of and I need not worry. It was a wonderful feeling! Go with Art Catering! They are great!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Rachel R

Everyone at ART was great! From my initial emails to our tasting and the event itself, it couldn't have been any better executed. The food was amazing- we had rave reviews by all of our guests and the suggestion that all weddings should be breakfast/brunch themed! Everyone also... Read More mentioned how helpful the staff was with setup and even assisting with non catering-related items prior to the event. So glad that I didn't have any worries on the big day- it all seemed to be covered!

Beach wedding and reception

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Angela S

Terry and team at Art Catering were awesome! They provided an authentic seafood boil for our beach wedding reception. They were very professional and easy to work with. We had a small wedding (less than 50 guests) so we chose not to hire a wedding planner and do it ourselves.... Read More They were great at helping us choose linens, tableware, centerpieces, etc. They arrived on time for the set up, food was phenomenal, and my guests were very complimentary. I highly recommend Art Catering.

Great catering company

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Courtney E

I used Art Catering for my destination wedding from New York to Sunset Beach & Ocean Isle Beach, NC. We were referred to Art from Silver Coast Winery (venue we booked) while I was still in NY and my mom and sister were on vacation last April. They were able to meet with them the... Read More same day that they booked the venue and gave us tons of tips and information. Then we went to the tasting this past October and it was the first time that I met Terry and she treated us great! She again provided us with tons of information and guided us just like a wedding planner might. If I had any questions I would direct them toward Dawn and she always got back to me within a few hours. We used Art for a rehearsal dinner at my parent's rental on Sunset Beach, for the reception at Silver Coast Winery and then again for a morning after brunch again at Sunset Beach. They also provided information on who/where to rent tables and chairs from for the rehearsal. We had no worries those three days as the Art Catering staff (including Ryan, Terry's son) were awesome. We dropped off the center pieces and flowers the morning of the wedding and they set everything up and even made slight adjustments to the plans as they saw fit due to space, etc. The whole weekend went without a hitch due to this awesome staff. We will never forget how fortunate we were to find such an awesome team of people, not to mention the food was great!

Wonderful Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Stephanie S

My husband and I got married in October 2014 and used ART Catering Services for our reception. Our reception was held in a tent on Sunset Beach following our ceremony on the beach. They were able to do all their services seamlessly out of their truck, you would've thought they... Read More were working out of a full kitchen! I planned the wedding long distance from Mississippi where we currently live and communications with their office was always great. A lot of emails were exchanged. I was thankfully able to make the trip a couple times to NC and meet with them to do a tasting and hammer out the details, but they were always so accommodating to whatever we were looking for or any changes that we wanted to make. As far as the food goes, it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! All of our guests were raving about the hors d'ouerves (the crab cakes and BBQ sliders were particularly yummy!) and the dinner (Champagne Chicken and Prime Rib!). The service was great, we had people walking around with trays and stations as well during our cocktail hour and everyone got a little bit of everything without any congestion. The bar was quick and wonderful too. The only thing I will say is that because the coordinator we planned everything with was different from the coordinator that was actually at the event, I think there was some miscommunication about how we were doing our served dinner. So the dinner service started off a little bumpy but in the end everything got settled. I would just confirm things as much as possible before the event to make sure things run smoothly, of course I would recommend that for any vendor. I hope this review helps future brides, I know I relied a lot on reviews when planning especially since I was an out of town bride and I had to pick and reserve most of my vendors before even meeting them in person. I definitely recommend ART Catering. They are AMAZING and helped make our wedding the perfect day.

Not a single problem.

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Jeff F

From the first tasting, until they hauled away the chairs and tables after the reception, ART Catering was hassle and problem free. Their food was simple delicious, especially the Chicken and the Tortellini. Our guests raved about it, and even the picky eaters found plenty to... Read More dine on. They even worked with the food to make sure they were peanut free, as a few of our guests' children had allergies. They arrived on time, were a joy to work with and could not have been more pleasant. Using their table and chair rentals made it a one stop shop, and helped eased our burden of dealing with too many vendors. Art Catering was a comfort from beginning to end and if we have any catering and/or event needs in the Ocean Isle Beach area again, they will be our first call.

Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 4/10/2015

We had a wedding at Holden Beach and Art Catering supplied the food for the Rehearsal Dinner and Reception. They did an excellent job and we were very pleased. They arrived when they were suppose to and everything was delicious. I would recommend them to any wedding party.

Everything we could have wanted!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Jillian W

We had a fiesta themed wedding and knew right from the beginning that we wanted to have a taco bar where guests could fix their own food down the line. ART Catering was right in line with our idea from the very beginning and the hardest part was picking between all the delicious... Read More options they gave us at our tasting. On the big day, the food was just as delicious as it had been for us on our tasting day and everyone loved it!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Jasmine L

Art Catering from start to finish was totally amazing. Patient, kind, suggestive. AND the food was incredible. Our guests are still talking about it a month later!!!

You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Emily B

Amazing Food! Great options for formal sit down dinners and for something a little more laid back like I had for my wedding. My husband and I chose their Low Country Boil (shrimp, corn, potato). The crab cakes and bacon wrapped scallops were amazing! We had many compliments from... Read More all guest on how great the food was. Easy company to work with.

Great job, Art Catering!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Liz B

I used Art Catering to do a brunch at Silver Coast Winery. Their brunch is AMAZING. We had fruit, pastries, an omelette station, the Southwestern potato casserole, and fried green tomatoes with purple onion jam. They also did coffee, hot tea, sweet tea, unsweet tea, etc. It was... Read More all done at a very reasonable price and the quality was outstanding. Usually at a wedding, you grade on a curve with food since they're producing it in bulk, but this was a great meal by any standard. Several people commented on how much they liked the food. The fried green tomatoes were especially a hit, and I was happy to get to share a classic with my non-Southern family members. The omelette station was especially great because people with all kinds of dietary preferences and restrictions could customize their fillings. Working with Art Catering was very, very easy. We did a tasting with them in which we also picked out linen colors, flatware, and so forth. Terry was very open to whatever we suggested, but was also had helpful suggestions for when we had no idea what to pick. Since they were bringing a truck anyway, we also had them set up the arch, chairs, and so forth as well as the linens. They made the barrel room look absolutely beautiful, and it really helped that they were already familiar with the space - it meant, for instance, that Terry actually had photos of another wedding in that space so that she could show us what she was thinking in terms of table layout, and also that she knew a brighter color for linen was good since it would fill the room up more. One thing that I really appreciated about Art Catering is that they didn't do a lot of "just checking in!" calls. We made our arrangements, they took good notes, and they did exactly what we had discussed without needing any extra supervision beforehand or on the day. When you are juggling a lot of vendors, it can get tiring to have people calling you over and over to re-confirm details that you've already approved. AC was very professional and had their act together!

Amazing people, amazing food!

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Kimberly B

Terry and her staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. She was flexible, a great communicator, and very easy to work with! We planned our wedding as a "destination" wedding and were so thankful to end up with such a wonderful caterer. We met with her about 5 months before... Read More our big day for a menu tasting and to discuss details. Her menu is wonderful!! We had a hard time narrowing down our choices. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the menu selections (and the bar too!). She also has a great list of vendors she works with! We walked away with tummy's full, happy guests, and an amazing friendship. Terry and her team are dream-makers when it comes to weddings! I would HIGHLY recommend ART catering to anyone.

Sandwich and Wraps!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Cathy S

Excellent food...Everyone loved it!

Delicious food

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Freida W

The food at the wedding reception was absolutely delicious and warm. Our guest are still talking about how wonderful our dinner was at the reception!

unc2009

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Kari W

I loved working with Terry at Art Catering. She did an amazing job helping us plan for the right number of people and making sure that we had everything that we needed. We ordered our linens, tables, and chairs through them in addition to the food. The food was delicious! We... Read More had them cater our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding reception and both were top notch. I would definitely recommend using Art Catering and you have to go eat at the Purple Onion Cafe as well!

Friendly faces, flavorful food!

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Lori G

We used Art Catering for our reception and it was fabulous! The food was delicious, the prices were great and the people were very friendly. Everyone loved it!

MArch wedding!

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Kim R

Terry was great! The food was wonderful! Everyone was happy!

So helpful & absolutely delish!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Erin M

I used Art Catering for both our rehearsal dinner & our reception food... and i am SO glad I did! We got so many compliments on how good the food was & Terry went above and beyond to make sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. She even took care of handling... Read More all the rentals for us so that was one less vendor i had to coordinate with! If you are getting married anywhere near Wilmington/Ocean Isle/Sunset Beach, I would absolutely recommend giving them a call! They have a selection for anyone's taste... and did I mention they have an $8/pp catering menu?! Seriously, they're awesome.

Fabulous FOOD

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Elizabeth B

The food was absolutly WONDERFUL!! There was not any left over!! The service was wonderful! I would highly recommend them!!

Art Catering for your wedding

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Timothy C

My fiance and I recently used Art Catering for our North Carolina wedding. The staff and owners were very communicative and helpful throughout the planning process. The event coordinator, Terry, was always willing to meet to go over any planning. Art Catering offers event... Read More planning, catering, and set up /tear down for your event, which makes it super easy for the bride and groom. The food is very delicious, and they are willing to customize your menu however you like. We had a served dinner, which I don't think Art Catering is used to. The waitstaff seemed a bit flustered throughout the evening, which we attributed to the company not doing a lot of served formal events. Other than that Art Catering provided us with terrific service for our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone in the area, especially if you are looking to have buffet service. The food is reasonably priced and delicious.

Andrew & Terry Bland

Andrew Bland, a trained Executive Chef from England, runs the kitchen while Terry instills her southern hospitality into the business side. Together, they make the perfect team for this growing business and have become well-known throughout the area for their beloved café, delicious catering and their generosity to the community. Andrew & Terry started their catering business in Florence, SC over 17 years ago and then decided to move their business to Shallotte in 2004. This is when they opened their ever so popular, Purple Onion Café and began catering events locally.