Teaching the World to dance for 104 years!

Arthur Murray Dance Schools are a great place to prepare for weddings, formal dances, or other special occasions. Our dance instructors are a great bunch of people who love what they do; and will help make your dreams come true for your wedding. Whether you are looking for a romantic dance, sexy dance or elegant dance we will instruct in a way that will make it fun, fast and easy. We know you don't have years to prepare for your wedding so we can will teach you the most efficient and effective way for your muscle memory to kick in and remember exactly what it should. We've been teaching since 1912 so we know exactly what it takes. You are in great hands and trust us we love working with wedding couples and will make yours as unique and special as you both are! Call us today!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, Latin

4633 Van Nuys Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA (818) 783-2623

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Emily G

Honestly, Arthur Murray is kind of a dance factory. We wanted a few private lessons to help choreograph our first dance for our wedding. We got a Groupon for two private lessons and a couple group dance classes. The introductory class was so basic it was boring and they wouldn't... Read More let you skip it. Our teacher for the private lesson was really very nice, but she kept trying to steer us towards things that were basic and easy and not really us. We went in saying we wanted to do a Salsa and she taught us the Rumba instead. We ended up teaching ourselves using youtube classes and had way more fun customizing our dance to our style. It was a big hit at our wedding. They'd also end every lesson like 5-10 minutes early to give us their sales pitch on taking more classes. It seemed really rigid. I wouldn't go back. EDITED. I forgot to mention that they'd have two lessons/classes going on simultaneously in the same room. We'd have to share the space with another couple for our private lesson and would go back and forth with the music. It was even worse for group classes. Country Western dance at the same time you're trying to Foxtrot? A bit odd. Another reason why I felt like it was a dance factory. Quantity over quality. But the main reason I downgraded my review from two stars to one is because Arthur Murray is going around trying to get my review removed. I left the same review on Groupon, Yelp, as well as The Knot and Wedding Wire, but they're reporting my review to each service claiming I reviewed the wrong location and they "have no record" of my lessons there. Luckily a quick screen shot of my groupon and the half a dozen emails I exchanged with them prove that I have the correct location quite nicely. If you ask me, it's pretty ridiculous that they'd try to get any negative reviews removed and it makes me wonder if that's why their overall rating is so good (if you don't reply with proof within 48 hours then they remove your review). This place is SKETCHY and I highly recommend not patronizing their business.

Request Katie - she rocks!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Jodie W

My fiancé and I have been working with Katie for years and just love her. When he asked me to marry him, we knew we just had to do a "first dance" at our wedding! Our wedding was on a boat, so we were nervous about the tight space. Katie made it work and choreographed a cute,... Read More fun piece that really wowed the crowed! I couldn't be happier with the results and highly recommend her (or any of the great people at Arthur Murray) when choreographing your wedding dance.

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Suzanne T

We tried taking a group dance lesson a few months before the wedding but it really didn't help. I was getting very nervous about our ability to perform a first dance so I finally contact Arthur Murray one month before the wedding and we are both so happy I did! They have a great... Read More system for working with the couple's timeline, schedule, abilities and song. Our instructor Natayla was so nice and helpful. Our first dance was perfect thanks completely to her and the Arthur Murray system of private lessons mixed with practice time. Thank you!

Meet The Manager

Tom Antonellis

I have been working for the Arthur Murray Dance Studio corporation for over 20 years. I absolutely love being a manager for this company because we continuously train to improve our service, and find the best ways to streamline the learning process. We know with a wedding coming up, time and sticking to the budget, is of the essence so we will do our best to make this a fun and easy process to make your dreams come true. We can't wait to meet you on the dance floor! Call us for a complimentary introductory 30-min. private lesson at 818-783-2623. If you have song choices bring those in.