Cuisine

American, Latin American, Seafood

Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

10717 Cariuto Ct, San Diego, CA (619) 823-9531

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 James C

Catering was the largest investment and most involved part of the wedding so choosing a good caterer felt pretty crucial to me. I was recommended to Kathy and Victor through my coordinator, Amanda Trejo. At this point I had called and considered like 15 other caterers. I was... Read More trying to find something quality but inexpensive like most people are! There are so many factors to consider, but in the end, I wanted to choose someone with a good reputation and who could give me a variety of options for food because my soon-to-be husband wanted quality over unique or tendy. We chose 3 stations- Mediterranean, Tri-Tip, and Paella. We chose 3 different tray pass snacks for the cocktail hour. They also made us 2 different kinds of sangria. Kathy is incredible and on top of coordinating it all. Victor is amazing at food. When I met with them the first time, they were personable and lovely and knew Brick (my venue) so that gave me a lot of confidence. They worked with me on pricing to fit my budget. Victor being from Spain was also a personal plus for me. :) Our tasting was so much fun. My husband is a foodie and he was impressed. Our wedding day was unfortunately so rainy. They adjusted quickly, and did the flip from the ceremony to reception flawlessly even though our original plans had to change. As far as I know, service was great the entire time. And everyone said that the food was better than they've ever had at a wedding. I am not one to exaggerate, but I do think the food was the best part of our wedding. It was so nice to hear that others were impressed by the food. Victor and Kathy are professional, know this business and make delicious food. Oh yes, as it gets closer to the wedding day, having a catering company that can provide tables, chairs, all utensils, etc. is really relieving. There are tons of choices out there, but having a full service catering company just makes it easier. Go with Artquest.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Emily B

ArtQuest was wonderful to work with for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club and the food was delicious! Kathy and Victor were very responsive from the beginning and continued to blow us away as time passed. They set up a wonderful tasting, which felt very much like a... Read More private dinner. They had a lot for us to choose from both for food options and rentals and they provided great insight. The food was incredible, both at the tasting and the wedding itself. The staff at our wedding were outstanding, they were very welcoming and attentive to us and our guests all night long. It was so nice to know that on our wedding day everything was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Kristine B

Victor & Kathy are the best! The food was delicious and the wait-staff was exceptional. Our guests could not say enough about how yummy everything was. We had 3 try-passed appetizers (the coconut shrimp was to die for!). Our buffet consisted of a salad, 2 entrees (salmon &... Read More chicken), pasta, veggies, garlic mashed potatoes, and in-house fresh baked rolls... my mouth is still watering lol. Beyond that, they are both professional & take charge; you can tell their experience has paid off. From their relationship & love for each other to the respect & caring for their staff/team and, again, their quality of food and presentation. I can't say enough.

Couldn't be happier with ArtQuest!

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Alexandra J

ArtQuest catering was the perfect choice! Not only were Kathy and Victor easy to work with and incredibly accommodating from the very first meeting onward, but the food was better than any wedding I have ever been to! All of our friends and family commented on the wonderful food... Read More displays, taste and quality. Our wedding reception was in October but I was so impressed with their attention to detail and wonderful service, that I just HAD to come back to write a review on their impeccable service. I really felt like they were there for everything we could have needed and went above and beyond what you would expect of caterers. They even upgraded my linens at no extra cost and had enough service there for my husband and I (or anyone in our families for that matter) to never have to worry about a thing. ArtQuest catering was definitely a big part of what made our most memorable day of our lives that much more memorable and special! Definitely highly recommended!

Kathy & Victor are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/06/2013 Rebecca L

Wow. What can I say? Our party revolved around a few things. One of them- was the food. We contacted ArtQuest early on to figure out our plans for food. Victor and Kathy were nothing but professional and accommodating. They are two of the nicest people I have ever met. They... Read More provided us with excellent service and excellent food. They worked with out budget and we had a beautiful service because of it. The food was delicious and the linens and plateware/silverware were perfect for our event. Not to mention our ice sculpture...SO COOL! Thank you Victor and Kathy for helping us out the way you did. Everything was excellent and we are forever grateful.

A huge disappointment

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Jenny J

Our first meeting went great and we really felt like we connected with Kathy and Victor. But as we got closer and closer to the wedding in September, we felt like our wedding of 60 guests was just not prioritized and we certainly did not have that feeling of being guests at our... Read More own wedding. A couple of times they were flat out rude when my husband try to talk to them over the phone and four days before the wedding Victor called me (the bride), screaming about the check with the final payment not arriving on time. This was during Labor Day weekend and it did arrive one day late, we should of course had taken this into consideration when sending it but we were pretty busy at the time with friends and family in town. He said they couldn’t buy the food they needed – however; we had already paid over 50% in deposit, which should well cover their expenses. Of course I got very upset and with all the stress of planning a wedding – the last thing you need is someone being rude and screaming at you. When we one month in advance decreased our guest number from 75 to 60 (this was a destination wedding with many guests from Sweden) they just increased the per/person cost so it turned out to be exactly the same cost as for 75 guests. In the original proposal it did say the cost was based on 75 people, but they wouldn’t even go down in price on the coffee station or upgrade any of our food items as compensation. Initially we thought it would be great to use them for party rentals, bartender and everything – but comparing prices to other vendors they were a lot higher which is why we chose to go with other vendors. At our wedding, Kathy, Victor or Diane (who we hired through them to do our flowers) were not even there during the reception, which they did not even tell us in beforehand. Diane was also supposed to be the event manager we had paid $250 for and also met with at the venue in May – but a week before the wedding we learned they had switched to another event manager whom we never even had the chance to meet or talk to before the wedding. This resulted in several mistakes and I (the bride) had to make sure everything was done correctly during the reception. For example; there were empty flower vases on the head table during the dinner (bouquets were supposed to be moved from the ceremony) and the waiters started carrying out ice cream to the dessert, which was meant for the wedding cake. Even though we had paid for an extra waiter, our toastmasters, my maid-of-honor and the DJ had to help serve the wine – since we were not using ArtQuest for “wine-service”. They even refused to put the wineglasses that we rented from another vendor on the tables, since it was not written anywhere that that’s where the wineglasses were supposed to go. When we tried to raise our concerns after the wedding and get compensation and an explanation for the lack of management and the obvious mistakes including missing flowers at the head table etc. – they didn’t understand our complaints at all and continued treating us like a one-time customer saying they didn't understand where we were coming from but that they would give us $30 for the missing flowers. I would not want anyone else to go through the problems we have experienced. Please also know that we are “normal” people and we don’t like to complain at all – but this time it just went to far. The two stars is for a great first meeting and for the bridal bouquet which was lovely.

Unfortunate

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Kimberly S

I booked this company for my wedding but we needed to change the date due to some family problems after we put the deposit down. Their service was fine up until we had to change the date. We were not allowed to change our service date, number of guests, or type of food once that... Read More contract was signed. We tried our hardest to work with the original date given, but sometimes family circumstances make it impossible. We were not allowed to use our $1000 deposit on anything but our wedding day, which we had to switch, so we lost the money. We asked around to see if this was unusual and we were just crazy but were told by numerous other reputable vendors that we were in the right, and they had never heard of a caterer refusing to switch to a different day or even occasion so their deposit was not in vain. Beware.

fabulous

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Gina M

after a few poor experiences with catering tastings, we came across artquest catering on the internet. Its run by a husband and wife and they become your 2nd parents(in a good way). They were very honest and up front with everything, The price was great, and the service was... Read More wonderful. They actually work with other vendors so if you want, it can be a one stop shop!..which is what we did and I couldn't have asked for anything more! The food is wonderful too..try the champagne chicken. I would recommend kathy and victor for everyone!

ArtQuest is the best!

Reviewed on 1/31/2012 Lindsay C

When I first met Kathy & Victor I knew that I wanted them to be our caterers. Then we tried their food...it was amazing! And they are very affordable. We loved the 'small business' feeling of ArtQuest and we loved how personable Kathy & Victor were. The day of our... Read More wedding, everything went perfectly. We had so many compliments from our guests. I would DEFINITELY recommend ArtQuest!!