After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Asheville, NC (888) 240-8062

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Hannah G

We worked with Becca and staff for my daughter's wedding in July 2016. They are truly outstanding; patient, funny, professional, and made many great recommendations. We had a complicate event and they took in all in stride, calmly and with perspective. What a memorable weekend,... Read More and we would most certainly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Liz was our wedding planner and day of coordinator for our wedding in Highlands/Cashiers, NC. From our first meeting to the smallest detail of the wedding to the week after the wedding, Liz took care of everything spectacularly. She handled vendors with excellence and grace,... Read More and she was always one step ahead of every decision. Liz made our our-of-town wedding planning simple, easy, and fun. Liz and Asheville Event Co. have our very highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

How fortunate we were to have Becca Knuth at Asheville Event Company as our daughter’s wedding coordinator. Becca was exceptional and attentive to every detail from planning, negotiating with vendors, managing contracts and budget. She planned our meetings with the venue, chef,... Read More florists, baker, hair and makeup artist. All the meetings were so helpful for our daughter to make final decisions. Everyone was so nice and patient, especially Becca. At that point, our daughter became so excited about her wedding. Becca made her dreams come true! Becca is so professional and a true expert in her field. She is excellent with communication and prompt with email and phone. She was truly amazing and such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. What a true blessing she is! Becca, thank you so much! There is no way we could have done it without you. I would highly recommend Becca Knuth as the “best” wedding planner for any bride to be. Karen, Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Ashley G

I have been so blessed to have found Missie. From our first chat , I didn't even look for another option for a wedding planner. We had our wedding at the Biltmore Estate, and it was a completely enjoyable process. I loved every second of wedding planning with Missie and my mom,... Read More and with Sarah, Missie's assistant. These ladies, and AEC, are amazing at what they do, and they are such a class act. They handled everything from scheduling, emailing of the wedding party... We produced the fairytale wedding I have always dreamed of, and I couldn't have imagined a better Wedding Planner. Missie is so easy to talk to, and we just worked so well together. I firmly believe I left the wedding planning process with not only a magnificent event, but also a friend, and there's nothing anyone could want more than that! Thank you over and over, to Missie and her team, y'all are amazing, and made long distance , destination wedding planning a complete joy. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Sarah P

Liz was our day of coordinator and an absolutely fabulous one at that. From the minute we had our first meeting, we were in sync with one another. Since I am a detail oriented individual, I was nervous about finding a 'day of' that was on the same page. Liz, exceeded all of my... Read More expectations and nailed every subtle nuance that we pictured for our wedding. She is kind, patient, creative and mindful of the needs of not only the Bride and Groom, but everyone present. It takes a truly wonderful person to manage the ever-moving parts of a wedding day and Liz is unequivocally that person. I absolutely recommend her to anyone in search of a spectacular planner.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Laura Caroline H

Melissa (Missie) at Asheville Event Company helped us with our January 2, 2016 wedding in Highlands, North Carolina and she was absolutely wonderful! My daughter was engaged in June, so we had a pretty short planning time and Missie kept us on schedule with all of the decisions... Read More that needed to be made. She did a fantastic layout at the wedding and worked with the florist to create a beautiful and unique decor at our venue. She was supportive and an absolute doll to work with. AEC helped create truly memorable welcome bags and oversaw all of the details on the wedding weekend. Their interface with the vendors was very helpful! Truly, all of my friends said that they couldn't believe how relaxed I was on the wedding weekend, and I owe that all to Missie. Hiring AEC was one of the best decisions we made, and I cant imagine what life would have been like without them!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

Liz was a breath of fresh air throughout the whole process. I needed someone who could guide me through the process and deal with the vendors as I selected them. She was hands on when I needed, and always an email away. Being from the area she has great knowledge on many... Read More vendors and that helped make decisions easy. Plus, she is a great human being and we had a ton of fun working with her!!!

Best Decision

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Lindsay K

Hands down best decision I made was to work with Becca Knuth at Asheville Event Co. on our destination wedding in Asheville. From the moment I spoke with Becca while interviewing several wedding planners, she impressed with her knowledge, her honesty and directness, and her... Read More professionalism. Becca was prompt in all her communications, both email and phone. She helped me keep sane by narrowing down vendor choices to 3-5 for us to choose from, worked hard to negotiate with vendors to keep within our budget, and added such wonderful design and personal touches to our wedding (apples for guests to take at the end of the night, birdcage for cards, etc). Becca handled the high stress level of my mother with such thoughtfulness and care -- I literally can't thank her enough! Becca is so organized, wonderful to work with, and just a lovely person. We were so lucky to work with her!

Backyard wedding success!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Eleanor C

We are not local, and Becca planned our backyard wedding up in the hills of East Asheville and she was spectacular. In addition to being super nice and very responsive to the (many, many, many) emails that we sent her, she put on an amazing wedding for us while being mindful of... Read More our budget. She was super friendly and flexible, she found us amazing vendors even when we weren't even sure what we wanted, and did multiple site visits to make sure the property could be used for a wedding. And she was so much fun! Becca is incredibly friendly, organized, and best of all completely relaxed on the day of. We had a few minor mishaps, and she handled them calmly. I've been at some weddings where the planner is harried or even snaps at guests, and this will not happen with Asheville Event Co. They put on a beautiful wedding for us, and even ordered a surprise gift to be left in our hotel room for after! I am so happy that we chose to work with Becca, as she truly made our wedding special. They also went above and beyond several times by providing us with random things we needed, allowing us to ship tons of (heavy!) packages to them for use in the wedding, and returning the kegs for us after the wedding was over. We had an amazing experience with Becca, and I truly think we got a better experience than many other planners offered for a much more reasonable cost. Becca was more than worth it, and she's so nice! You will not regret hiring Asheville Event Co.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

Asheville Event Company handled my wedding flawlessly. Melissa is extremely professional, organized, and pleasant. We had many "moving parts" to our two day wedding experience and she worked tirelessly to ensure every detail was perfect. I would highly recommend Asheville Event... Read More Company to handle any event, no matter the size or complexity.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 ELLEN T

Oh my goodness, I have to tell you that Becca Knuth of Asheville Event Co. was the most wonderful wedding planner ever!! She was absolutely incredible to work with in every way. I say she was part therapist/part wedding planner. She was able to work with all the different... Read More personalities of the families just beautifully - offering great advice and ideas to everyone. Not only is Becca creative, but she is a master of logistics. Every detail of my daughter's wedding was perfect. Becca thought of everything!!! We had a January wedding in the wintery mountains of Highlands, NC which was a challenge to say the least. We could never have pulled off such a fantastic wedding without Becca. My husband said it was the best money we ever spent!! I give Asheville Event Company and Becca Knuth at 10 out of 10 for our experience working with them for my daughter's wedding. You will love working with them. I can guarantee it.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Shayna L

From start to finish, the year I spent with Becca planning my wedding was fantastic. Becca immediately put me at ease during our first conversation and we had so much fun together throughout the year of planning. Along the way she helped recommend vendors she felt would best fit... Read More my budget/style of the wedding, helped me form my overall vision for the wedding, and dealt with all the nitty gritty details so I didn't have to. Becca not only met expectations, but went above and beyond to give me and my now husband our dream wedding. She helped keep me organized (and on budget) throughout the planning process and made it so we had absolutely nothing to do the day of except enjoy the fabulous day with our friends and family. Even my dad, who initially thought the extra expense wasn't needed agreed Becca and team were worth every penny. I cannot say enough good things about my whole experience with Asheville Event Co and would recommend them to anyone getting married in Western NC.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Courtney A

Becca was our wedding planner and she was amazing! She was so organized and did everything to make our wedding perfect and stress-free! She has great vendor relationships and was just a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 kate w

wow! liz was amazing! i had her as my "day of" planner but her work started well before! i am a little type A and knowing that she was making sure i had everything taken care of and that she was there for the final execution made the day and week a total breeze! i didn't... Read More worry about a thing and was able to fully enjoy every single moment! i cannot recommend them enough! thank you liz!!!

The best!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jill D

Becca and Asheville Event Co. were amazing! We planned our destination wedding entirely from another state without being able to visit beforehand. While it was a small event, we only had about 4 months to plan and Becca was amazingly on top of things! She recommended all of the... Read More vendors and even did site visits for us since we couldn't see the area ourselves prior. We were so pleased with the way our event turned out and we could not have done it without Becca and Asheville Event Co.'s help.

Best decision I made!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Brianna B

I should have written this months ago after our July wedding, but better late than never! When we got engaged last November we knew we did not want to wait too long to get married so we decided on a July wedding at the Biltmore without having been to the Biltmore or even... Read More Asheville. Asheville Event Company was on the preferred vendor list and the best decision we made was hiring them. Becca was literally a life saver! Neither of us knew anything about weddings and planning it from a distance did not sound like fun, but Becca and Sarah made it simple and as stress free as possible. Becca recommended all of our vendors and we could not have asked for a better team around us for our wedding. My mom said it best a month after the wedding when she said "I just realized that I woke up the morning of your wedding, got my hair and make up done, had lunch, then just got dressed and went to the wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything except having a good time. That was the best feeling!" And she was right, Asheville Event Company made sure everything was perfect. If it was possible to hire Becca to plan all of my life events birthdays, holiday parties, friends baby showers, etc. I would do it in a heartbeat! If you are getting married or planning an event in the Asheville area, Asheville Event Company will be the best phone call you will ever make :)

Deerpark Wedding on Biltmore Estate 9/27/14

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Kathryn P

Becca Knuth was so amazing to work with. From start to finish. She was thorough, experienced and so much fun! I think we (as in my mother and I) enjoyed working with her SO much we made the extra effort to visit Asheville more than probably was even necessary throughout the past... Read More year!! The wedding turned out to be such a special and spectacularly planned day. So blessed and thankful to of had the opportunity to work with Asheville Event Co.

Calm perfection

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Danielle B

I live in Boston, so I was a bit nervous about trying to plan my Biltmore wedding out of state. I did a lot of research and found nothing but glowing reviews and recommendations for Asheville Event Co. and Becca in particular. She is extremely responsive and is always very clear... Read More in her answers, easy to reach via e-mail and willing to Skype/call/meet in person etc. She also has a great list of preferred vendors and has wonderful relationships with all of them, she knew exactly who to suggest for my vision/style/budget and did the majority of the vendor coordination for me. Becca has an amazingly calm demeanor and took every bit of stress from me. She was able to help with last minute details and changes effortlessly (or so it seemed from my end). My wedding day was truly perfect, if there were issues or slip-ups I certainly was kept out of it, everything flowed seamlessly and smoothly throughout the night. Becca was present the whole day & night but only seemed to appear when she was needed. I honestly can't say enough nice things about Asheville Event Company. I have seen other wedding/event planners through various friends' weddings and have never come across someone as calm, professional and genuinely nice as Becca. Many people remarked at how calm I seemed in the weeks leading up to my wedding and again on the actual day, I owe this all to Becca.

"WOW" Experience

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Becca Knuth from Asheville Event Company was simply outstanding. Her attention to every detail, keeping my daughter's wishes in mind all along the way, resulted in an amazing day! I consider the partnership with Becca the best money spent out of our total budget. I would... Read More highly recommend her services to anyone considering an event in the Asheville area. Her knowledge, creativity, and supporting attitude made our day spectacular. She is simply THE BEST!

Becca planned a magical Biltmore destination wedding for my daughter

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

My daughter Danielle attended college in NC and now lives in Boston. I live in South Florida, so you can imagine my hesitation when my daughter selected Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC for her wedding. We immediately knew we could not make her dream destination wedding a... Read More reality without a wedding planner. Danielle interviewed planners from the Biltmore's recommended vendor list and knew after her first conversation with Becca that she was her choice. We couldn't have been happier with Becca's responsiveness, expertise, understanding, and calm, collaborative approach both during the year of planning as well as on the day of the wedding. Danielle's wedding was perfect to the smallest of details. The wedding day was managed beautifully and all went exactly as Danielle had hoped. What impressed me most on the wedding day was the way Becca seemed to effortlessly make everything happen. Rain threatened to cancel our hopes for dancing under the stars on the open-air courtyard dance floor and although we had a tent on standby, Becca made the decision not to put it up. What a great decision that turned out to be. The rain stayed away and we were able to dance the night away under the stars and moon. Everything about Danielle's wedding was perfect. It isn't often that a bride says she wouldn't have changed one thing about her day. It was truly a perfect day and now a cherished memory. Putting on a destination wedding for 120 guests is not for the faint of heart, but if you are fortunate enough to work with a planner like Becca, your dream wedding can come true. Warm wedding wishes. Lisa (mother of the bride)

Best Night of Our Lives

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsey V

Becca was recommended to us by the events staff at our venue, Lonesome Valley, in Cashiers, NC. After speaking with her just once, I stopped calling to consult with other planners and I'm so happy that I did. She turned my vision for an intimate ceremony and elegant reception... Read More into a reality, and even though I'd been involved in every decision along the way, it felt like a dream come true when it all came together. Every last detail, and there were a lot of them, was perfectly in place. We owe the flawless execution on the night of the wedding to Becca, and she ran the show without ever being noticed by our guests. Yet somehow, anytime we needed something, she was magically by our side to help. We were able to enjoy every moment of our wedding because Becca took care of everything. Most importantly for me, Becca was a wonderful partner during the entire planning process. As a bride planning an out-of-state wedding, she made the experience enjoyable rather than stressful. She encouraged my vision and ideas from the beginning, she connected me with outstanding vendors in the area, and was always accessible and responsive. Frankly, now that the wedding is over, I miss talking to her! I can't say enough about our wonderful experience, and I highly recommend Becca and Asheville Event Co to any bride-to-be.

The Best Ever!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Amanda G

Liz had all the requirements - professional, knowledgeable, and hard working - but what I truly appreciated was how personable she was! It's so easy to get stressed out while planning a wedding, so it was great that our meetings could be both productive and FUN! I'm forever... Read More grateful to Liz for everything she did to give us the wedding weekend of our dreams. I was the type to get overwhelmed by all the decision making, so I loved that she understood our vision and was able to streamline all of our ideas to make the decisions more manageable. She worked tirelessly to deliver everything we asked for, listened to all of our million questions & concerns, and supported us throughout the whole process. It was truly thrilling to see her work her magic! My husband and I, along with our guests, had the most incredible, memorable weekend and it's all thanks to Liz. I can't recommend her and AEC enough!

Asheville Event Co. is PRICELESS.

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Katherine H

My fiance and I knew with planning a destination wedding in Asheville that having a planner would be important to the process. Little did we know just how vital this vendor would be. From the first conversation on the phone with Becca, I instantly felt at ease, particularly... Read More because her company had tons of experience with our chosen venue/caterer. The planning process was a breeze with her at the reigns. When one of our transportation vendors went under midway through our engagement, Becca swooped in and saved the day. For most couples, this would have been a HUGE stress point, but luckily we had Becca and we experienced ZERO stress. The weekend of the wedding was when AEC's presence was truly felt. There were tons of planned logistics behind our wedding and Becca & Liz handled it all. To name a few, of many, tasks they also handled: they sewed a split seam on a bridesmaid's dress, they fixed a groomsmen's boutonniere, they got the groom allergy medicine (and this was all of the UNPLANNED stuff that just popped up). They worked behind the scenes tirelessly, allowing us, our families and friends to all actually be guests at the wedding! From the ceremony rehearsal all the way through our grand exit on Saturday evening, the time absolutely flew by. If we had not had Becca & Liz there, I'm certain we would not have been able to enjoy each fleeting moment as much as we did. It was the best day of our lives and a lot of that credit should go to Becca and Asheville Event Company! Book them. You'll regret it if you don't.

Best wedding planner

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Alexandra F

Cortney at Asheville Event Co was a dream to work with. She was very organized and had every detail worked out so there wasn't any surprises or decisions to be made on the wedding day. She was very calm and so easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a... Read More wedding.

Planning Friendship

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Maria-Soledad G

Even this paragraph isn't sufficient to describe the love I have for Melissa Porter and her team.She handled everything and made my wedding day truly just a day full of love and zero concerns! She kept us on track and made sure all of the details were taken care of. Hiring a... Read More wedding planner was the best thing I did for my wedding, finding Asheville Event Co. was a godsend!