Astoria Banquets & Events

Buffalo Grove, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Astoria Banquets & Events

A BALLROOM IN BUFFALO GROVE, IL

Astoria Banquets & Events is situated at 1375 W. Dundee Road in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. This classically elegant venue in the heart of suburban Chicago is reminiscent of a historic mansion and brilliantly blends vintage glamour with modern functionality. Couples can plan both their romantic ceremonies and beautiful receptions in this all-inclusive location.

Astoria Banquets & Events is family owned and operated and provides bridal couples with a unique, boutique wedding setting, delicious catering as well as planning and event design and decor. Couples can capture memorable photographs in the grand entrance, manicured gardens and stylish staircase.

The Ballroom. The ballroom is a timelessly elegant and spacious room adorned with magnificent crystal chandeliers. Diamond-cut glass doors, gold-embossed accents and blush silk damask-covered walls accentuated by crystal sconces add to the opulence of the room. A large porcelain ivory dance floor completes the room. The impressive interior offers couples a versatile and functional space that accommodates both intimate and grand celebrations. Room dividers can be set up to create lounge areas and smaller spaces. The ballroom holds over 300 guests.

Ceremony Room. The ceremony room is an intimate space separate from the ballroom. The room can be set up with a choice of wall and ceiling draping, canopies and backdrops to emphasize the focal point. Chiavari chairs, chair covers and custom color bows are available to create the ideal ambience along with the custom color digital uplighting and crystal chandeliers.

The Bar. The bar is chic and stylishly furnished with highboy tables and lounge furniture. Leading out into the garden area, this space is ideal for a cocktail hour where guests can mingle.

Astoria Banquets & Events provides couples with an experienced and professional wedding coordinator who assists in putting together this momentous day. The flexible and all-inclusive wedding packages are customizable to fit individual requirements and budgets and are specifically designed to ease to stress of planning a wedding. A typical reception rental includes:

• 5.5-6 hour reception
  • 4-5 hour open bar
  • Premium liquor
  • Multi-course dinner
  • Champagne toast for the head table
  • Unlimited wine with dinner
  • Wedding cake, custom designed
  • Centerpieces on all tables
  • Ivory table linens with overlays and napkins in a choice of colors to coordinate with Theme

Astoria Banquets & Events is a wonderful option for a single destination wedding. Unique, classic and charming, this venue isn't your typical banquet hall. Other perks include:

• Wide variety of in-house decor accessories from elegant to dramatic
  • Discounts offered on Sunday, Friday, afternoon, weekday and off-season events
  • Handicapped accessibility

Imagine a wedding as extraordinary as your love.

If you're searching for a chic, glamorous wedding venue in the Chicagoland area with all-inclusive wedding packages, Astoria Banquets & Events is for you. We're known for . . . Our modern-vintage style: Think massive chandeliers, tufted furniture, a grand staircase for your wedding pictures, uplighting in your wedding colors and a charming outdoor patio with overhead lights for those rustic, romantic wedding pictures. Our food: Lots of choices, including plated or family-style service and kids' plates, freshly prepared in-house, just for you. Our lavish, fully decorated ceremonies: this is ideal for you if you're looking to have your entire event, ceremony through reception, at one location - maximizing your convenience and minimizing your cost.

Ballroom, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

1375 West Dundee Road, Buffalo Grove, IL (847) 392-7500
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Melissa F

The first time I walked into Astoria I knew right then that this was the place where my dream wedding needed to be. Lora was absolutely amazing and a pleasure to work with. Astoria truly made my day more than I could have possibly imagined. Every little detail was more than... Read More perfect. When I walked in to Astoria on my wedding day it screamed my name, pink and bling every where. Everyone one at our wedding couldn't believe how truly beautiful it was. I would recommend Astoria and Lora to everyone! Thank you again Lora it was truly everything and more than I could have possibly imagined

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Judy S

We had our Wedding here in Aug. 2017 and Astoria Banquets is beyond AMAZING!!! The service alone is one of the best I've experienced at a banquet - Max goes above and beyond to make your vision become a reality (and he's super patient too which means so much to a mind changer... Read More like myself :)). The food was delicious and the venue itself is so beautiful and well taken care of - two of the most important things to us as we had a Polish/European wedding. All of our guests were wowed as they entered the ballroom and throughout the night - I kept hearing how everything exceeded their expectations as it did mine :). I highly recommend them, they're reasonably priced and definitely know what they're doing to ensure everything goes perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Kelly B

We had an absolutely great wedding at Astoria! We had 90 guests and everyone raved about the food and a good time was had by all!!! This is the only place we found in Chicagoland that was within a reasonable budget and it was perfect from beginning to end!! ❤️❤️

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Katarina J

Fantastic experience. The food was delicious and there was an endless amount! Open bar was awesome and bartender was quick at serving drinks! Staff were great in making sure the whole night went smoothly and asking us anytime they had questions. The decorations were beautiful... Read More and everyone had a great time. We keep getting complemented on how great our reception was and none of it could have been possible with out Max and the staff at Astoria. Anytime we had a question, they were always there to help! We really loved this venue and would recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful reception hall!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Getting married for the second time, but planning for THIS to be the perfect wedding was very important. I found Astoria Banquets through these reviews and from the very first tour and meeting, we knew this was the perfect place to have our wedding. Every bride fears forgetting... Read More something in the planning and I can assure you, Lora never let that happen. Lora worked with us every step of the way and we had organizers, timelines and friendly reminders all the way til wedding day. Her valuable insight was so much appreciated and no matter what the question she was always happy to help. If Lora was out, Max was there "lock step" to be sure we had what we needed. There were so many choices to have our own look and Lora was great to help us keep in our budget. Wedding day left me speechless, everything was BEAUTIFUL and EXACTLY how we requested it to be. To this day my guests are still raving about the beautiful location for ceremony and reception, the delicious food, and the wonderful staff. Our banquet captain was fantastic. We couldn't be happier with our choice. Thank you to all..especially Lora for the most memorable day ever.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kristina O

Astoria Banquets and Max made our wedding absolutely perfect and unforgettable! We were very pleased with how flexible and accommodating Max was and how he went above and beyond to make sure that every little detail was perfect on our big day. We had an Armenian/American wedding... Read More and Max was able to adjust the menu to include a variety of Russian/Armenian and American dishes that everybody would enjoy! The decor and the lighting was absolutely breathtaking and the food was delicious. All of our guests were blown away by everything the moment they arrived and even weeks after the wedding, we are still receiving compliments about the venue. I HIGHLY recommend this venue and want to thank Max and his staff for making our day truly memorable!!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Nikea K

We had our wedding reception at Astoria in June of 2017. A night that culminated after we first met Lora and Max (the Proprietors) 10 months earlier. They were very professional, caring and understanding from the very first moment we walked into Astoria.Lora helped us with... Read More every detail of our reception and was also tremendously helpful with suggestions and recommendations. One of the great things about booking our event at Astoria (among many others) was the fact that our wedding cake was included within the package. We had the opportunity to taste various cakes and custom design our own, from the Baking Institute, which turned out perfectly. We also, had the opportunity to choose our menu items, and taste the dinner and side dishes months before the event. The food was delicious for our tasting as it was for our wedding night. The room was decorated beautifully and in perfect conjunction with our colors for the evening. Astoria has a myriad of ways to decorate the room with colors, Chandeliers, winding staircases, garden views, lighting and accessories that went beyond what we could have imagined. Since our wedding was a military affair, color schemes and patterns are hard to find. Astoria was able to accommodate us perfectly. All of our guests enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, the beautiful surroundings and décor for photos and above all the professional and caring service that Astoria gave us. The wait staff and bartenders were very helpful and accommodating and went above and beyond what one would expect. They created for us an unforgettable night. We cannot adequately encapsulate the great qualities of Astoria and its people in such a short review; needless to say, we give it 5 out of 5 stars in every aspect and highly recommend it. Astoria is the Hidden Gem in the North Cook/Lake County area.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Shanean W

Astoria did such an amazing job with everything! We had both our ceremony and reception here and everything ran extremely smooth. It was such a pleasure working with everyone who did what ever they could to ensure our day ran like a perfectly oiled machine. The food was amazing... Read More as well as the drinks I don't know what more I could say but THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Cynthia G

I first saw Astoria on Face book and immediately fell in love with their reasonable prices and the beautiful images from past weddings. We were very pleased with how flexible and accommodating everyone on the Astoria team was to all of our individual needs and details to make... Read More our Wedding Day the magical and special event that it was. All of our guests were so impressed and taken back by the beautiful and elegant style, decor, and ambiance that they created for our ceremony. The white draping package created an eniviornent that was warm, filled with love, and aligned it to our wedding vision/dream.Their servers and hostesesses were very professional and accommondating to the needs of our guest. Two of our guests indicated a food allergy on the day of the event and the chefs were able to accommodate a whole new entree for them on the spot. They had ample parking space for all of our guests, along with a great team of servers that accommodated to food/coat needs. We found that Astoria was a great venue to accommodate for our quick planning and fixed budget. Pricing was reasonable Thank you to Max and Lora for all of your help and to your patience with our millions of inquiries & emails.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017

We held our Volunteer & Donor Thank You Luncheon there on 4/21/17 - excellent service, food and facility. Lora, Max and their entire staff went above and beyond to ensure our program's success. It was an exceptional day, and I would highly recommend the Astoria for both... Read More business and personal events. Job well done! Thank you for helping make our day (and event) so successful. Truly appreciated :)

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Luis L

I would like to thank Max (owner) and the entire staff at Astoria Banquets. From the moment my wife and I walked into the venue it was first class service. Max is very knowledge, helpful, and he always had a solution to all of our questions/problems. He is extremely professional... Read More and his experience in the industry helped guide our vision to a perfect wedding as he was there every step of the way. My wife wanted to bring in so many different elements and Max was very welcoming to all of her ideas. Im a guy who has been against breaking the bank on a “party” for years, but the package offered at Astoria was worth every penny. The venue was absolutely stunning the night of our event. The service from the wait staff and bartenders was outstanding. I highly recommend this venue as we had a fantastic wedding for a very REASONABLE price. Thank you Max for all your help throughout the process!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Julie M

The entire night and still weeks after, we are getting compliments from family and friends about the venue at Astoria, people keep asking how much we spent and think it's much more than we actually did. The VALUE is definitely in this venue! Lora was so amazing throughout the... Read More entire process with all my questions and changes! The venue is gorgeous, the food amazing, everything went even better than planned. We began our night upstairs in the bride and groom suites, plenty of room to leave our personal belongings and get dressed in. We had our ceremony in the north end of the ballroom with the rest partitioned off, then a coctail hour with open bar and 3 passed hor dourves across the lobby in their lounge, a great space, with a patio just off of it that is lit up with strand lights and cast iron furniture. The bridal party took photos during this time in their beautifully decorated lobby and staircase that over looks lobby. We used the entire ballroom for our reception and took full advantage of Astoria's uplighting and backdrops that perfectly complimented their brilliant chandeliers. Astoria's wait staff were exemplary! It was so nice to be able to not have to worry about centerpieces, table linens, china, flatware, catering, lighting, backdrops, decor, seating, dance floors, coat check, wait staff, bar, or even the cake(that we picked out at The Baking Institute) and was included with all of the other things couples have to get together. I brought them a container the week of, of things they agreed to set up for me, that was helpful! They had an easy to follow payment plan(they accept Chase Quickpay) and the contract outlined all necessary schedule of events leading up to the day of. I highly recommend Astoria, no seriously, I could go on and on...Many thanks to Max, Lora, and the Astoria family for making our evening unforgettable. ~The Munnich's To couples booking here I have to strongly recommend using Four Points by Sheraton in Buffalo Grove for you block of rooms. They are new, they remodeled the previous Windham Gardens and I cannot rave enough. They are blocks away from Astoria. They offered me a complimentary banquet hall room the day of, where myself and bridal party got our hair and make up done in. There were plenty of outlets in the room and they brought in oversized full length mirrors and a fridge for the day. We were allowed to use the room until 2 a.m. so we took full advantage of this and had an after party in the room per their suggestion. The hotel shuttled us to and from Astoria and our suite was complimentary with 15 guest suites booked. All of my guests were in one area of the hotel and we all shared a courtyard, the party continued! Our rooms included made to order breakfast the morning after and the king corner suite we stayed in was very large, right down the hall from the banquet hall, and near an entrance with luggage carts. They had many foid and beverage options available but for the time we were using for the after party 12a.m.-2a.m. we decided to pay$150 to keep open their fully stocked bar and open a tab. We brought in light midnight snacks for our guests. Neena was our contact at the hotel, she was so easy to work with and even left us champagne, chocolates, and a card in our room...how sweet. We will definately be staying here again.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Andrea F

I had my reception this past weekend at Astoria on March 11, 2017. The venue is beautiful, the food was good, and the cake was good. However, the communication was lacking. From the beginning Max wasn't too responsive to my calls or emails. It would take him days to weeks to... Read More respond to an email or call. When we went to do our food tasting we were left in the room after finishing our food for over 45min without him coming to check to see if we were done. The week of my week I sent an email asking a few questions about the reception that he never responded to. He never responded to my calls either so my fiancé had to go to venue and ask him in person. Max did seem nice at times but most times he seemed irritated with me even though I only reached out to him every so often (once every month). We were told that the night of our reception there would be a coordinater there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Max assured me that this person would communicate with the DJ, myself, and any other key person to make sure everything happened in a timely matter. The night of Amanda (I believe that was her name I only saw her twice) seemed nice and asked how I wanted the night to flow and I told her. I also mentioned to let the DJ, photographer, & videographer know as well which she did not. She told me husband and I to go into the ballroom mingle with our guest then come back out and wait to be introduced. My husband was upset by this because he told her that's not how he wanted the night to start. We went up into our suite only to have the DJ text my husband asking what time would we be making an entrance. The coordinater had not told him so my husband went to back into the ballroom to find her but was no where to be found. One of my bridesmaids then gave the timeline to the DJ. My bridesmaid also had the waitstaff being us appitizers to our room because we had none. Once we entered the reception the coordinater was again no where to be found and we all stood there confused as to what was about to happen. The DJ took it upon himself to start the speeches then the music for the cake cutting because the coordinater again was no where to be found. About an hour after dinner I went to the washroom and Amanda was standing outside the reception getting her jacket to leave with about 4 hours left to our reception. The DJ then became the coordinater and announced the first dance and my husband and I announced that the dancing was starting after that. No bride should be left to coordinate her own reception when she was told that there would be someone there to do it for her. I really wanted to give this venue 5 stars but I'm very disappointed with my experience.

2017-03-16T14:10:57 Response from the vendor

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Turkson, Thank you for taking the time to talk this out yesterday. I called right away because I was confused and saddened after reading this. After talking, I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding, the food, and the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Lauren F

Astoria was an amazing venue and they were very accommodating! They worked within our budget and helped create an amazing space for our ceremony and reception. The dance floor was spacious and the room felt big but still intimate. The uplighting was amazing as I wanted lots... Read More of pink lights and they made my vision come to life! Lora was always very responsive and great to work with! We found this location on a whim and knew immediately after walking in that it was the right place for us! My husband loved the room with the chandeliers and lighting as well and knew it was a great fit. It is also very affordable being in the suburbs. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Rozita K

I'm so happy that we have decided to go with Astoria as our venue for our wedding. Working with Lora and Max was absolutely delightful. They made our vision for the wedding come true and more. I would recommend this place for anyone that is looking for a stunning, reasonable... Read More priced, great to work with people venue, I would not ask for anything more. Lora and Max made my and my husband's wedding dream come true. They made planning our wedding a joy, Without the extra stress or worry. We will always remember our wedding day and how beautiful it turned out to be thanks to Astoria.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Barbara B

The Astoria made our wedding unforgettable! Max and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. The food, the venue, and the staff was the best ever. Jabbaar and I cannot thank the Astoria staff enough. Our families had the time of their life, to... Read More include two 90 year olds who are still raving about it! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Maria A

We want to thank Astoria for making our wedding day reception an unforgettable night. The staff was genuinely invested from day one till the end. They were able to accomadate small changes last minute without any issues which made the process stress free. We received raved... Read More compliments from our guest regarding the food, service and overall venue. We highly recommend Astoria for your special occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Monique S

Beautiful venue great staff responsible price and perfect for someone on a budget Astoria banquets is the best hands down 5 stars I would definitely recommend them to a friend

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

We had a baby shower event on October 23, 2016. It was such an amazing event made possible by Astoria Banquets. Since we first met banquet managers, especially Laura, till the end of the event was really good experience working with them. It was exactly as we imagined the event... Read More would be. Their staff arranged everything with the asked decoration and all other arrangements and extras. I will refer friends and family if they are planning to arrange any future events, that location and banquet is a very good choice.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Inna H

I wanted to say big Thank you to Astoria Banquets for making our wedding so beautiful and unforgettable. You all did an amazing job. Huge thanks to Lora who was so helpful all the time. I couldn't find any better place for our reception. The ballroom was gorgeous, food was... Read More amazing, service was exceptional. Thank you all again, I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and would be very happy to come back again.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Qianna A

Astoria Banquet is an amazing venue. Max and the staff was awesome!! Everything looked awesome!! My vision came to life!! It was the best day of me and my husband's life!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Yolanda M

Astoria made it so easy for me, I picked everything I wanted for the wedding before and they made my dreams come true the day of. My husband and I were on a budget and we got the wedding of our dreams within that budget. I couldn't think of a better place for our wedding or... Read More imagine having it anywhere else. The banquet is so beautiful and with all the decorations it a fairy tale wedding for me. I would and have recommended Astoria to others. <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Galina R

Thank you Astoria for an amazing wedding. Max and Laura had helped me a lot with organization.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Stewart F

Astoria is a strong alternative to avoiding a "big dollar" downtown wedding. Their all inclusive capabilities make it a great venue to have the ceremony and reception in one place. The room was set up as described and looked awesome with the colored up- lighting at the walls.... Read More The food and table service was also as promised. The main room is very large and can accommodate a big crowd. The dance floor is quite large, too. The only suggestion I can offer would be to have a minimum of 3 bartenders for the cocktail hour, then 2 for the remainder of the evening. The room was set up as discussed and was very comfortable. Lora, Max and staff did a fine job. We were very pleased with the whole event.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Ladoris J

Astoria created a memorable night for myself and guests!