Atkinson Resort & Country Club

Atkinson, NH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Elegant setting... impeccable service... perfect.

Imagine your fairy-tale wedding begins at Atkinson Resort & Country Club. For a setting that is at the same time elegant, comfortable and private, we provide a unique and romantic atmosphere for your once-in-a-life time event. Allow our professional staff to guide you in creating a spectacular day

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

85 Country Club Drive, Atkinson, NH

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

Can't say enough about the Atkinson Resort and Country Club! The staff, food, accommodations and amenities were priceless. Everyone was so focused on ensuring that my daughter's wedding was beautiful. Our bridal coordinator, Julie Ahern was awesome. Can't thank her enough as... Read More well as Jennifer, Christine, Carolyn, Bill, Wendie and everyone in guest services! A great venue - would highly recommend!

Awesome night

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Kerry L

We could not have picked a better place for our wedding. From the moment we saw Atkinson, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married! Jennifer Chipman was awesome! She made the whole wedding process a breeze! From our first meeting to up to our wedding day, we were able... Read More to email or call her with questions. No question was too small or silly for her. She answered all of our questions in a timely manner and helped us plan the best night of our life. The night of the wedding, Julia was our coordinator. We were so lucky to have her! We met with her the Tuesday before our wedding for our final appointment. She was awesome. She answered all our last minute questions and gave us such great ideas as to what else we could do on our wedding night. The night of the wedding Julia was just so awesome. She was there for every moment of it, helping us and being there for ideas and suggestions. She was so happy and just enjoyed her job so much it made us so happy to be there even more celebrating our wedding. We are so happy we choose Atkinson. Our guests have told us how much they enjoyed our wedding and our venue. They have told us this was the best wedding food that they have ever had, and that made us very happy because we wanted everyone to enjoy their food. Our guests have also told us how nice the staff was to all of them and we couldn't agree more. The staff working our wedding was great. Thank you so much Atkinson for all your help on our wedding night. We are so lucky to have been able to have had our wedding there and we will always look back at it and smile and be glad we made the best decision!

Top Notch, Beautiful & Perfect

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 Sarah G

Our wedding was April 25th 2014 & was just AMAZING do to all of the help from the staff at the Atkinson Resort & CC. From the sales department to the wedding coordinator before and the day of. We chose Filet & Haddock and there were nothing but compliments on how great the food... Read More was as well as the staff throughout the night. The setting is just beautiful - We were lucky to have a short time where the sun was shining and I was assured by my coordinator Kris it would be perfect and indeed it was. (Thank you to the help of Kris making sure every little detail I asked for was set up perfect) The Fieldstone suites were unbelievably comfortable and we booked 14 out of 16 rooms. The day of our wedding was PERFECT, stress free & we did not want the day to end. Thank you Jen in Sales - you made the details work and helped me any way you could.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Christy L

We can't say enough great things about Atkinson Country Club! We had our wedding here on November 7th 2015. They were great from the start-Jennifer and Tina were there whenever we had questions! We never felt like we were bothering anyone. Tina helped make our wedding day go off... Read More without a problem and was always near by if I had a question. I highly recommend Atkinson Country Club!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kayla F

My husband and I got married at the Atkinson Country Club on 5/30/15 and are still hearing from our guests how much they loved the venue and the food! We had our ceremony outside under the Gazebo and then our cocktail hour and reception followed in the Brookside room. The... Read More ceremony location was breathtaking and the landscaping was perfect! I couldn't have imagined anything better! And I loved that there was a little balcony from the bridal suite overlooking the reception room to get a good view of everyone enjoying themselves. My husband and I made sure to go up and take a moment together to take it all in. (And it was fun to throw the bouquet from up there!!) From the very beginning the bridal coordinator, Jennifer was amazing! Answering all questions I had in a timely manner, no matter how silly or how many times I asked and forgot to write down! She is much easier to reach by email than by phone, but always responded quickly. There were a few small things that we wanted to change that the venue wouldn't allow, but then also some things that they were able to do that accommodated our needs. Our week of bridal coordinator, Julie was also great! I was able to reach her at all hours to make sure last minute things were all set. It was truly the best day of my wife and ARCC played a big part in that!

A Country Girl Fell In Love with A City Boy

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Elizabeth C

My husband and I got married at Atkinson Resort and Country Club on August 15, 2014. The day was absolutely amazing. The entire staff at Atkinson went above and beyond to make sure that myself and our bridal party were more than comfortable. Julie Ahern was our bridal... Read More Coordinator for the day and made everything absolutely wonderful. Julie made and the staff listened to everything that my husband and I wanted as far as decorations, directions during the ceremony, cocktail hour and adjustments through the evening. Every time I needed her she was right there to help. My family can't keep complimenting how professional the staff was making our stay and evening one to remember. Throughout the planning process Jennifer Chipman was amazing. No matter what question or adjustment we wanted to make on the wedding menu and structure she was there to help. When it came down to the final menu planning Jennifer worked with us one on one to make sure everything fit within our budget and never made up feel like we had to go over to make it all work. A truly amazing experience!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Jenna V

We got married at ARCC on August 1, 2014 and everything was beyond perfect. We could not have asked for a better group of staff taking care of us that day, and want to thank Jen and Julie especially. We felt like very valued customers throughout the entire planning process,... Read More and even more special on the day of! They are beautiful, impeccably organized, and have amazing personalities all at the same time. We had our ceremony under the Gazebo, which is beautifully landscaped, and our reception in the Brookside room with about 170 people. Right before our ceremony was a very heavy rainstorm, and at the last minute when things cleared up, the ARCC staff was outside wiping down chairs, and we got to have the perfect outdoor ceremony with a sunset! I highly recommend ARCC to everyone looking in this area!

FAR FROM PERFECT

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Cynthia N

When people ask how was your wedding I find myself say "good". Not great or a blast or amazing. I find myself talking more about how amazing my photographer & video were and not mentioning anything about the food, service, or your attention to detail. It was perfect weather,... Read More great location but definitely lacked in service. Upon booking the June 21, 2014 date it was never disclosed that it would be Member Weekend. The groom & groomsmen had to make arrangements at another course to play that morning. I believe Mike spoke to Jennifer and the Pro & no assistance or referral was offered The front desk and check in - the staff was very rude on Saturday afternoon. We reserved 6 rooms for Friday night/all 15 rooms for Saturday night. I understand rooms need to be cleaned and turned over however as rooms are checked wouldn't a guest be able to check into the room? I've worked in hotels & you always try to accommodate, especially wedding parties. I was personally told that it would be "3pm and not a moment sooner "as I returned from the hair salon around 12:30pm. Upon arrival to the hotel floor we ran into the housekeepers who told us they were almost done only had 3 more. Meaning 6 rooms were vacant and clean. Ceremony: Christy told my mother that the florist left the flowers for the garland around the sand ceremony under the table at the front of the trellis because it was too hot to put them out when they were delivered. My mother set up the rock display on the other table as she It was 3:30, guests were arriving and the flowers were still under the table so my mother arranged them. When she finished at 3:40 there were about 50 guests waiting to be seated. They missed the cue of the bagpiper; I know this is not a detail that was reviewed with everyone during rehearsal as it was a surprise however Christy and I reviewed it multiple times; the DJ was aware as well as the pastor. The bagpiper was sitting in Farview when I specifically asked she be set up in Tuscany. I walked more than halfway down the aisle to no music and then jokingly turned around so I could have some music during my procession. Christy finally got the bagpiper into position but she was so flustered that she played the wrong song. It sounded like funeral music rather than the wedding music we had chosen. I also had dietary needs listed. When I listed them as gluten free it wasn't just for the entree it was for the whole meal as any chef should know. The appetizer we chose, lobster ravioli, is not a gluten free option. Open bar-guests from the party in the other room were “crashing’ into our room to drink from the bar and dance to our music . Groomsmen with blue vests and cowboys from the other party were continually being served at our bar as well as on our patio helping themselves to cigars. I did not realize how much of this happened until after speaking with several of my guests who had asked people to leave who did not belong. I personally had to ask guests from the other party to leave our room; I did find the banquet captain and she asked me to describe what they were wearing and where they were; and to let her know if I saw anyone else enter (its not my job to patrol the party for "crashers") My experience goes on but space is limited here. After many emails the controller finally responded with a $600.00 check and 2 golf passes. Far from appropriate for spending $23737.20 Less than 3% I work in the biz and this is just a slap in the face. buyer beware

Amazing Food and Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Amanda E

We couldn't be happier that we chose Atkinson CC for the ceremony and reception. They helped us along the way with any questions, and our "day-of coordinator" Katie was so amazingly patient and nice. Everyone loved the food (we went with the buffet which was a lot of food) and... Read More we were in the smaller ballroom- the Tuscany room, but it was perfect for 100ppl. Loved everything about our wedding and wouldn't change a thing!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Courtney H

My husband and I got married at Atkinson Country Club on July 19th and there are no words to describe how perfect a fit this was. Atkinson was the very first venue we toured after getting engaged and they set the bar so high that no other venue was able to compete. We worked... Read More with Jennifer in the months leading up to our wedding and she was so incredibly helpful. She was responsive every time and didn't get annoyed despite my million questions or requests for new estimates. When we were assigned to work with our bridal coordinator, Julie A, she was every bit as helpful. She walked us through a smooth drop appointment, took notes on everything I wanted for the big day, executed an easy rehearsal and when the day finally got here, she was perfect. She was there every step of the way whether it be holding my drink during pictures, making sure the room was set up just the way I had envisioned, and pinning the boutonnieres on the men. Atkinson didn't miss a detail and I’m still hearing compliments of how beautiful a place we picked, how excellent the food was and how gorgeous the trellis area was for our ceremony. From start to finish, everyone there truly gave me the wedding of my dreams and I couldn't have imagined it turning out any more perfect.

Excellent Venue!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Ariane H

We had our wedding at Atkinson Resort & Country Club and it was a perfect experience. The wedding coordinator was so helpful and very attentive. The food was awesome and all of our guests were very impressed with the outside ceremony venue. I would recommend Atkinson to any... Read More bride!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Lindsey O

Everyone at Atkinson was incredible. Our experience was better than we could have ever imagined!!

PURE PERFECTION

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Natasha B

Atkinson Country CLub is every brides dream! They are so calm and organized, it is obvious they have done thousands of weddings. They make the process easy, stress free and purely Excellent. The staff is friendly, knowlidgable, personable and communicate clearly and often. The... Read More food presentation is beautiful as well as tasty! They offer great variety as well as unlimited add-ons and options. The second we went for a tour we knew that was the place we wanted to get married. They also have hotel rooms and a bar/restaurant so you can hang out ater the wedding. LOVE them.

Wedding 4/30/2011

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 alison C

We just had or wedding at Atkinson and they were AMAZING! All through the process Nicolette was always available for any questions and was very informative. Sandra was our coordinator and did a fantastic job! She set up the room, our centerpieces and helped keep us on track and... Read More organized on the day of! The food was excellent, as was the service and the staff. I would recommend Atkinson highly! Everything went off without a hitch, with professionalism and was perfect! We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue!

beautiful day

Reviewed on 11/26/2010 Heather M

We had our reception at Atkinson Country Club and were incredibly happy. The day was perfect, the food was excellent, the service was great. The planning staff helped put my nerves and worries at ease. A little expensive for the area, but we thought it was worth it with the... Read More beautiful grounds and great food. Definitely recommend it!

Fabulous Venue!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 HILLARY L

I have heard nothing but raves about our wedding at the Atkinson Country Club. They were very accommodating to my requests. Nicolette and Sandra our wedding coordinator were wonderful to deal with! The suites on site are lovely are large. Most of our guests came from the Boston... Read More area and had never heard or been to the Atkinson so it was really great to hear so many wonderful compliments.

Lisa

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 lisa o

The setting was absolutely beautiful, exactly what we wanted. However, nothing is included with the package, the meals are pricely, but decent. Everything was extra, and its like pulling teeth to get them to do anything "outsde the box". Eventually everything worked out just the... Read More way we wanted. There are no hotels close, so we had to rent a shuttle to get out guests back and forth. And the hotels that are close, are ok, they are not the greatest. The country club offers 16 hotel rooms, but that wasn't enough to accomodate our guests. Overall, I am pleased with the way my wedding turned out, but there were alot of headaches alongh the way. Leading up to the wedding, you deal with Nicolette, who is great! But them the day before they give you to someone else, I had Kris. She was excellent to me, but alittle rude to my bridal party. It would have been nice to have one person during the whole process, so you feel like they know you and what you expect.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Michelle B

I cannot say enough good things about my wedding in regards to Atkinson Country Club-and Nicolette the sales manager and Kris who was my day-of coordinator. Of course, every bride believes truly that their wedding was the best because of the sentimential value and because in... Read More most cases, we really don't get into the details as much in any other wedding but our own. But in all honesty, Atkinson was amazing!! Prior to the wedding, every question I had was answered-and within minutes most of the time. The tasting went great and the food was awesome. My drop off appointment with Kris really eased my stress. I had bought a bunch of extra things, in the early stages of my planning, thinking at this point that there was no way I could get any use out of them since my vision had really changed. Kris promised to use them if she thought they would work and if they didn't, she would hold them aside. Well, she really did try and they all really worked. I was amazed how great everything came together in a way I had never imagined that they could. The day of could not have went any better. Kris was right there with me the whole time making sure everything - and I mean everything - was to my liking. During the photo process before we made our grand entrance into the reception, if I was hungry, Kris immediately called a waiter over to me carrying our appetizers (and she was asking me, I didn't have to say a word because honestly I didn't realize how hungry I was until she said something), she got me something to drink-holding the glass for me so I could sip out of the straw just to make it easier for me (and came up to me with it after every picture break so I could have another sip), and as silly and gross as it may sound, she even held up my dress for me in the bathroom because I just couldn't hold it any longer. She kept things moving all night, appropriately paced. At the end, our little items (toasting glasses, cake cutter, etc) were wrapped up in their original packaging, cleaned and ready to go as we were leaving. We received free accomodations for my new husband and I to stay at the resort for that night which was great-almost like starting our honeymoon a little earlier. We had paid for a total of 98 people, 94 showed up and we rented the Tuscany room. This is great for couples with smaller weddings, especially because of the easy access to the patio outback. Great for guests that smoke and GREAT for pictures. It just went so well and the price was really not that bad overall-fees are per plate and no additional charges to rent the room like some places have but they do have minimums (which are easily met). I would go there and have my wedding a million more times if I could (and definitely with the same Husband!!). It could not have went any better and it is such a great value-I really urge all brides in the area looking for a truly beautiful reception/picture place to look here - and ask for Kris as your coordinator if you can! Good luck!!

Atkinson for Reception :)

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Erin T