Professional musicians for your wedding day

Atlantic Strings is an ensemble that provides music for weddings and private events. You can choose a solo performer, a duo, trio or string quartet. Live music will add the perfect touch of elegance to help make your event unforgettable. In addition to strings, we offer piano, harp, flute & trumpet.

Boston , MA (617) 849-2299

Superb String Quartet - Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2/04/2013 Elizabeth P

The musical talent and professionalism of Atlantic Strings is superb and I highly recommend them! We used Atlantic Strings for our wedding ceremony and they played beautiful music. After a lot of research on string quartets for our wedding ceremony we came across Atlantic... Read More Strings and we were blown away by their versatility and professionalism. They played a beautiful mix of poppy and traditional music for us as our guests arrived, through to our processional and as our guests departed. We knew we wanted a string quartet as we love the string sound, but were looking for a mix of traditional and non-traditional wedding music and Nina provided outstanding suggestions! Atlantic Strings were awesome, and they were a wonderful addition to our wedding ceremony.

Summer Farm Wedding 07_07_12

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 khaalid k

We have been arranging our wedding photos and remembering the great and unforgettable wedding day. Nina, was a part of that and we are very grateful for her beautiful music for our outdoor wedding ceremony. Even the birds sang perfectly with the tune of her violin that made our... Read More day ever so beautiful and special. Nina, I thank you for your professionalism, patience, and kindness in helping me select the right music for our ceremony. I highly recommend Atlantic Strings Music to friends and family!! Thank you again ASM for providing classy and friendly service!! Cheers! ABarr

ceremony music at Aldrich Mansion in Warwick, RI

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Brynn C

We hired Atlantic Strings as a trio for our ceremony music, and they were absolutely perfect. The music was flawless and exactly what I envisioned for our ceremony. They worked with my cousins who sang a couple different songs, and they sounded great together after less than 1... Read More hour of rehearsal time before the ceremony. Nina was a joy to work with, she was extremely kind, patient, and helpful. I highly recommend Atlantic Strings for any wedding in New Englang!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda R

Atlantic Strings made our wedding a dream! I'm a professional musician and most of the guests at our wedding were also musicians and they impressed us all. We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meghan C

Atlantic Strings was WONDERFUL!! I seriously cannot say enough good things about this group. My fiance and I are both musicians, so we were super picky when choosing music for our engagement party, and couldn't have been happier. Nina, the owner, was super easy to work with and... Read More very professional. The group looked wonderful and played beautifully. Our guests raved about their skill level, and I cannot wait to have them play for our wedding as well! I strongly recommend to every other bride!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily S

We hired a string quartet from Atlantic Strings and they did not disappoint! They provided beautiful music, an elegant aesthetic, and professional organization both leading up to and on the day of the wedding. They played all of our requests (even the unusual ones!) and on top... Read More of everything else, they were friendly and happy to be there! The music can make or break your big day. Don't take chances... go with Atlantic Strings!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Joanna D

My wife and I hired Atlantic Strings to play before and during our ceremony. They were absolutely wonderful - we corresponded with Nina during the planning and she was always prompt and very easy to work with. Before the ceremony, we were waiting in a room close enough to hear... Read More the quartet and they sounded great. During the ceremony they played two new arrangements . Both songs were very meaningful to us and their versions were perfect - many of our guests commented on how great they sounded. We cannot recommend Atlantic Strings highly enough!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016

I had Atlantic Strings play at my wedding at the Harvard Faculty Club this past August. I Couldn't have asked for a better team! Nina is quick to respond to inquires. The musicians were extremely talented (also impressed us with wonderful performances of our special request... Read More songs that they learned for us!). Atlantic Strings were everything I dream of for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Thank you Atlantic Strings!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Lauren H

Atlantic Strings performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour. While I was in such a daze walking into the ceremony to meet my husband on the stage, I did pay attention to the music as we walked out together and I was THRILLED with our beautiful it sounded. Everyone who attended... Read More cocktail hour talked nonstop at dinner about how wonderful the trio was, and how it was a favored part of the evening. We would DEFINITELY recommend Atlantic Strings to anyone who is interested in live music at their wedding, or any event. Thank you so much for making our wedding so memorable!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The trio played at my daughter's outdoor wedding at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and the cocktail hour following. They were wonderful. Nina was very helpful and answered emails so promptly and thoroughly. The music was beautiful, and the trio elegant. True... Read More professionals in every way.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Amy V

Kevin and I were thrilled to have found Atlantic Strings!! Nina and the Trio added the PERFECT touch to the romantic, elegant, and joyous wedding that we hoped for. As others have accurately stated, Nina is incredibly professional and instills confidence from the very... Read More beginning. We were very impressed by the timeliness of her responses to our questions and emails, and were equally impressed with Atlantic Strings' extensive song choices! Whether you're looking for pure classical music, more modern tunes, or music to be customized for your event, you have come to the right place! Our trio was on-time, professional, warm, and executed our plans just as we hoped. Thank you for adding this special and beautiful touch to our wedding day!!! -Amy & Kevin

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Nicole E

We got married in September 2015, and Atlantic Strings played for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we were so happy with them! We chose all of the songs for our ceremony from their repertoire, and they worked with our cousin to accompany her singing Ave Maria... Read More during the ceremony. For the cocktail hour, we asked them to play pop music, and they did a great job selecting songs. Nina was very organized throughout the planning process and the whole quartet sounded beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Oonagh B

Nina was such a pleasure to work with for our Boston wedding in October. Very professional and very accommodating to our special music requests. Our guests loved every moment they played. Highly recommended and thank you Nina to you and your wonderful musicians for making our... Read More day so extra special.

2015-11-16T21:42:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Oonagh, it was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad you enjoyed the music!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Bridget W

We chose Atlantic Strings because we wanted more modern music played on classical instruments. We went with the duo (Violin and Cello.) Nina was always professional to deal with and responded quickly to our questions. She worked closely with us to develop our playlist... Read More including some special request songs that we had. Our guests absolutely enjoyed the music provided during the prelude and cocktail hour. Our only regret as bride and groom is that we did not have time to enjoy their music as well for obvious reasons, or to personally thank the musicians that played on our wedding day.

2015-10-07T10:17:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Bridget, you were very organized and easy to work with! Everyone enjoyed getting to know the music you requested.

Great Ceremony and Cocktail Hour Music

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Jen A

Nina and the whole Atlantic Strings group were great to work with. From the moment I first reached out to them to their last song at our cocktail hour everything went so smoothly. They helped me pick out the right songs and were even able to order arrangements for us for music... Read More that was not in their library and played them beautifully at our ceremony. I got so many complements from all our guests on our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Besides playing beautiful music, they were real pros - they knew their way around our venue, they arrived early, worked out the necessary signals with our officiant and coordinator and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Great Experience with Atlantic Strings

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Meredith R

We had a quartet play at our ceremony at the Wickenden Chapel at Tabor Academy. They were outstanding performers and very professional. They played a number of different selections, ranging from U2 to Pachelbel's Canon in D. Nina was extremely helpful throughout the process of... Read More music selection and all other aspects leading up to the day of the wedding. She responded to all emails promptly and coordinated well with one of our friends who we designated to give the quartet cues during the ceremony. I cannot recommend Atlantic Strings highly enough.

2015-09-28T11:10:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meredith & David, we're going to keep "Shut Up and Dance" in our library. You had such a fun wedding!

Great Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Elizabeth S

I recently used Atlantic Strings for my outdoor wedding ceremony in Portsmouth, NH this past August. Nina, the owner and contact person, was always quick to respond with any questions and offered many ideas to help me in an area that I didn't know much about! I originally hired... Read More a string duo but at the last minute changed it to a string trio since we had money in the budget and I wanted a few songs that required a more full sound. All the guests commented on how beautiful everything was and it really added that special touch to the ceremony. While I was taking pictures beforehand around the site I could hear them playing the prelude music off in the distance and it sounded beautiful! The sound really carries (not in a bad way though) and it was so nice. Everything else was kind of a blur once the ceremony started honestly, but I watched our video and they still sounded great on the tape and played the requested songs I asked for. My wedding coordinator also said they were on time and there were no other issues the day of.

2015-09-17T10:30:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words, Liz, it was a pleasure working with you!

Best ceremony music!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Tori P

We looked around and listened to a bunch a samples online. They are even better in person. So easy to work with! We selected a few songs and then let the group select the rest. They were fabulous.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jonathan K

Hired Atlantic Strings to play at our wedding at Glen Magna Farms in Danvers in August 2014. Atlantic Strings did a great job, was easy to work with, and reasonably priced. We interacted with the group leader Nina Biship. Very professional. Helped us plan the music.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Rebecca A

My wedding was in June 2015 at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Atlantic Strings was amazing! Nina was also a joy to work with. My guests loved the music! Very professional and talented! Thank you!

2015-09-17T10:31:38 Response from the vendor

We appreciate it, thank YOU Rebecca! We had a great time at your wedding. Beautiful spot.

Atlantic Strings Trio

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

More beautiful than I'd even imagined.. Atlantic Strings were simply 'perfection' at our garden wedding. Nina worked diligently with me in advance to help choose the right music for both our ceremony and cocktail hour; she even learned new music for us and worked with our own... Read More soloist (who they accompanied) in advance. True professionals one and all, never enough thanks to you for making our day so special.

Atlantic Strings is AMAZING

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Kati C

I hired Atlantic Strings to play at my Wedding Ceremong and Cocktail Hour at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem. All of our guests loved them! I highly recommend them. They made my wedding seem super fancy!

Atlantic Strings was fabulous!

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Molly B

We used Atlantic Strings for our wedding ceremony in New Bedford, MA on 9/20/2014! Nina was a pleasure to work with and the entire group was fabulous! Nina helped us to sort out the flow of our ceremony (which was a complete Catholic mass) and worked directly with our soloist,... Read More leaving me available to focus on other things in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The music throughout the ceremony was flawless and the guests really enjoyed it! I never had to worry about a thing! I would highly recommend them!

Absolutely Terrific!!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Mitch C

My wife and I used Atlantic Strings for our wedding reception and they were amazing! The best memory from our beautiful reception was Nina and crew playing a heartwamring rendition of I'm Yours. It was so beautifully done it caused my bride and I to spontaneously dance to it!... Read More It was an impromptu "first dance" and my most cherished memory of a day/night full of special memories. This was one of over a dozen gems they played that night! If you're looking for something special and not just a DJ, look no further, these guys are the best!

Beautiful music

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 June N

We highly recommend these very talented musicians. They were very reasonable and very professional. If you need music for any event please give these talented people a shot you will not be disappointed!

Start a Conversation!