Elegant string groups customized for your wedding

Atlantic Strings is an ensemble that provides music for weddings and private events. You can choose a solo performer, a duo, trio or string quartet. Live music will add the perfect touch of elegance to help make your event unforgettable. In addition to strings, we offer piano, harp, flute & trumpet.

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Boston , MA New England (617) 849-2299

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Beth S

The Atlantic Stings were the perfect wedding Quartet, creating the beautiful atmosphere for our daughter's magnificent June milestone ceremony at the Royal Sonesta. The musicians were professional, talented, and very musical, creating the beautiful ambience to welcome our guests... Read More to the venue, while establishing the perfect mood of love, respect and dignity throughout the ceremony from the wedding procession to the recession. Many of our family and guests are professional musicians, and they commented on the wonderful musical talents of the Atlantic Strings and the quality of their musicianship. It was a pleasure working with Nina Bishop Nunn and the Atlantic Stings, and it is with enthusiasm, confidence, and without any hesitation that I highly recommend this outstanding quartet for weddings or all special occasions! We will always cherish the beautiful music played by the Atlantic Stings, and the role the musicians and their music played in our daughter's milestone celebration.

2017-08-15T20:16:15 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with your family. Congratulations!

Summer Farm Wedding 07_07_12

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 khaalid k

We have been arranging our wedding photos and remembering the great and unforgettable wedding day. Nina, was a part of that and we are very grateful for her beautiful music for our outdoor wedding ceremony. Even the birds sang perfectly with the tune of her violin that made our... Read More day ever so beautiful and special. Nina, I thank you for your professionalism, patience, and kindness in helping me select the right music for our ceremony. I highly recommend Atlantic Strings Music to friends and family!! Thank you again ASM for providing classy and friendly service!! Cheers! ABarr

ceremony music at Aldrich Mansion in Warwick, RI

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Brynn C

We hired Atlantic Strings as a trio for our ceremony music, and they were absolutely perfect. The music was flawless and exactly what I envisioned for our ceremony. They worked with my cousins who sang a couple different songs, and they sounded great together after less than 1... Read More hour of rehearsal time before the ceremony. Nina was a joy to work with, she was extremely kind, patient, and helpful. I highly recommend Atlantic Strings for any wedding in New Englang!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Annie R

I can't say enough good things about Atlantic Strings. First, their sound quality was terrific. Simply put, they are very good musicians. They were also very friendly, and a nice presence at the ceremony. Coordinating with Nina beforehand was a breeze. She was professional and... Read More prompt in responding. They were a wonderful choice for our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Danielle N

We had Atlantic Strings play the music for our church ceremony. They were so SO beautiful. One of my cousins even requested they keep playing after the ceremony was over because they were so amazing!! Nina was a great contact throughout the whole planning process. She was very... Read More helpful and prompt with her responses!! They even made some special accommodations for us. I wanted my cousin to sing the Ave Maria during the mother's procession, and Atlantic String showed up early to practice with her that morning and it came out perfect! I HIGHLY recommend using Atlantic Strings for your event!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Fernanda C

They did our reception in May2017 and the experience was incredible and amazing. Nina she is super sweet and she really knows what she is doing, I do not have words how special they were. Thank you so much Fernanda&Justin Cutter

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Emilie K

Truly the best ever! Our guests went on and on about how much they enjoyed the music at our ceremony and cocktail reception at the Four Seasons. The music progressed from beautifully played, traditional classical music at our ceremony to jazz and pop at the cocktail. The... Read More musicians looked impeccable and sounded even better. Five stars, would give ten if I could!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Meghan D

Atlantic Strings was AMAZING! I'm so glad my fiancé found them for our wedding! Nina was super friendly and knowledgeable. She suggested a lot of beautiful, classy pieces. The guests loved the music, and we got lots of complements. I loved that they were so professional and I... Read More didn't have to worry about anything the day of and could just enjoy my day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Katherine A

We booked the Atlantic Strings quartet for our wedding. It was great having live classical music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We wanted a particular song for our bridal party to walk out to and they were able to accommodate our request. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kait R

Atlantic Strings played at our wedding - both the ceremony and the reception. They were super flexible about our music requests and played each song exquisitely. Their hard work really set the tone for a perfect evening wedding, and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this... Read More vendor, they are fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Deborah R

I worked with Nina and her talented group for my daughter's wedding in July at the NE Aquarium. Nina was wonderful to work with; she responded quickly to my calls and emails. The quartet even learned a new song at the wedding couple's request. They presented professionally and... Read More played beautifully. We received numerous compliments on the music and would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Sarah M

I loved working with Atlantic Strings. Nina was so pleasant and responsive and the quartet did an amazing job at our wedding. I was so happy with the music and had many comments after the wedding about what a great job they did. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Melanie H

We booked Atlantic String’s string quartet for our wedding ceremony, and they were fantastic! They were a perfect complement to our outdoor ceremony, bringing a classic sound and elegance to our venue. They played prelude music (during seating), the wedding party processional,... Read More the bride’s processional, and the recessional. Atlantic String’s repertoire is vast, and there are plenty of classical, jazz, and contemporary songs to choose from. You can also choose to have songs that are not in their catalog arranged for a small fee, which we opted to do for our wine ceremony. They did an amazing job with that arrangement…it was perfect! Nina Bishop Nunn, the Director, was very easy to communicate with via email, and they used an easy, secure, online payment system (which we appreciated). We received a lot of compliments from our wedding guests about how good Atlantic Strings sounded and the lovely atmosphere that their presence created. We couldn’t agree more!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Nina H

Nina Bishop Nunn and her fellow musicians were perfect for our 85 person wedding in an old, vaulted ceiling building. They played as guests arrived, during the ceremony and for cocktail hour, about 90minutes total. Nina was so communicative leading up to the wedding day and the... Read More trio arrived on time, set up quickly and played beautifully. People don't often think about music beyond the DJ, but having Nina and her trio play set such a gorgeous and elegant tone that just elevated the ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda R

Atlantic Strings made our wedding a dream! I'm a professional musician and most of the guests at our wedding were also musicians and they impressed us all. We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meghan C

Atlantic Strings was WONDERFUL!! I seriously cannot say enough good things about this group. My fiance and I are both musicians, so we were super picky when choosing music for our engagement party, and couldn't have been happier. Nina, the owner, was super easy to work with and... Read More very professional. The group looked wonderful and played beautifully. Our guests raved about their skill level, and I cannot wait to have them play for our wedding as well! I strongly recommend to every other bride!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily S

We hired a string quartet from Atlantic Strings and they did not disappoint! They provided beautiful music, an elegant aesthetic, and professional organization both leading up to and on the day of the wedding. They played all of our requests (even the unusual ones!) and on top... Read More of everything else, they were friendly and happy to be there! The music can make or break your big day. Don't take chances... go with Atlantic Strings!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Joanna D

My wife and I hired Atlantic Strings to play before and during our ceremony. They were absolutely wonderful - we corresponded with Nina during the planning and she was always prompt and very easy to work with. Before the ceremony, we were waiting in a room close enough to hear... Read More the quartet and they sounded great. During the ceremony they played two new arrangements . Both songs were very meaningful to us and their versions were perfect - many of our guests commented on how great they sounded. We cannot recommend Atlantic Strings highly enough!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016

I had Atlantic Strings play at my wedding at the Harvard Faculty Club this past August. I Couldn't have asked for a better team! Nina is quick to respond to inquires. The musicians were extremely talented (also impressed us with wonderful performances of our special request... Read More songs that they learned for us!). Atlantic Strings were everything I dream of for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Thank you Atlantic Strings!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Lauren H

Atlantic Strings performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour. While I was in such a daze walking into the ceremony to meet my husband on the stage, I did pay attention to the music as we walked out together and I was THRILLED with our beautiful it sounded. Everyone who attended... Read More cocktail hour talked nonstop at dinner about how wonderful the trio was, and how it was a favored part of the evening. We would DEFINITELY recommend Atlantic Strings to anyone who is interested in live music at their wedding, or any event. Thank you so much for making our wedding so memorable!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The trio played at my daughter's outdoor wedding at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and the cocktail hour following. They were wonderful. Nina was very helpful and answered emails so promptly and thoroughly. The music was beautiful, and the trio elegant. True... Read More professionals in every way.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Amy V

Kevin and I were thrilled to have found Atlantic Strings!! Nina and the Trio added the PERFECT touch to the romantic, elegant, and joyous wedding that we hoped for. As others have accurately stated, Nina is incredibly professional and instills confidence from the very... Read More beginning. We were very impressed by the timeliness of her responses to our questions and emails, and were equally impressed with Atlantic Strings' extensive song choices! Whether you're looking for pure classical music, more modern tunes, or music to be customized for your event, you have come to the right place! Our trio was on-time, professional, warm, and executed our plans just as we hoped. Thank you for adding this special and beautiful touch to our wedding day!!! -Amy & Kevin

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Nicole E

We got married in September 2015, and Atlantic Strings played for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we were so happy with them! We chose all of the songs for our ceremony from their repertoire, and they worked with our cousin to accompany her singing Ave Maria... Read More during the ceremony. For the cocktail hour, we asked them to play pop music, and they did a great job selecting songs. Nina was very organized throughout the planning process and the whole quartet sounded beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Oonagh B

Nina was such a pleasure to work with for our Boston wedding in October. Very professional and very accommodating to our special music requests. Our guests loved every moment they played. Highly recommended and thank you Nina to you and your wonderful musicians for making our... Read More day so extra special.

2015-11-16T21:42:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Oonagh, it was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad you enjoyed the music!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Bridget W

We chose Atlantic Strings because we wanted more modern music played on classical instruments. We went with the duo (Violin and Cello.) Nina was always professional to deal with and responded quickly to our questions. She worked closely with us to develop our playlist... Read More including some special request songs that we had. Our guests absolutely enjoyed the music provided during the prelude and cocktail hour. Our only regret as bride and groom is that we did not have time to enjoy their music as well for obvious reasons, or to personally thank the musicians that played on our wedding day.

2015-10-07T10:17:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Bridget, you were very organized and easy to work with! Everyone enjoyed getting to know the music you requested.

Meet The Events Director

Nina Bishop

Nina founded Atlantic Strings in 2010. Our goal is to make planning the musical portion of your event as simple as possible!