Atlasta Catering & Event Concepts, Inc.

Established in 1981, Atlasta is Arizona's most diverse caterer! With substantial experience in all facets of event planning, Atlasta's creative and inventive staff will transform your event into something truly unique.

Southwestern, American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

10021 N 19th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ (602) 242-8185

Guests still raving about the food!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Megan N

Atlasta was a great caterer for our wedding! From the first point of contact to the day of the wedding, communication and customer service was amazing. I fell in love with the food at the taste test and it tasted the same the day of the wedding. The presentation was also great.... Read More Our guests are still talking about the beef and vegetarian options at our wedding. The servers were friendly and accommodating to guests with certain dietary needs.

Food our guests are still talking about!

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Sarah S

We were drawn to Atlasta from the start! They have a ton of menu choices, their prices are reasonable, their food is delicious, and they are a very environmentally friendly company! We went with a buffet-style dinner, with the main dishes of cheese and bacon tortellini,... Read More vegetable pot pie, and chicken piccata, all of which were delicious. Their layouts were perfect for our venue and were very visually appealing, and their servers went out of their way to provide our guests with everything they needed. Atlasta also handled all of our rentals and created a beautiful atmosphere. We customized many aspects of our wedding to fit our particular vision, and Atlasta was ready and willing to work with us every step of the way. Dozens of our guests have told us that our food was the best wedding food they've ever had, and several weeks later they're still talking about it! I can't recommend them more highly!

Amazing Food

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Brittany K

Atlasta catered my wedding and they were awesome, the food was amazing...I had a bbq burlap and lace wedding and they grilled right there on site for my guests...Emily was my cordinator and she listened to every want that I had and made it happen...they are the best

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 RONNIE D

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Aubrey B

With most weddings, you never really hear about the food unless it's really good or really bad. Let's just say we are still getting rave reviews from our family and friends about our dinner! Atlasta knocked it out of the park! They made us two stations - BBQ and Mexican food,... Read More and they were both wonderful. Their baked beans and Mac and cheese are out of this world. Thank you so much Atlasta, you were wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Jason J

If I had to do it again, I would rather have Panda Express cater my wedding before Atlasta. BEWARE of this company and their lack of transparency and tendency to go back on what they have said. During our food tasting, we met with Alice, who was nice enough and offered us the... Read More choice of black or white linen napkins. We chose black. The following week, we got an invoice for 175 black linen napkins. When we questioned it, we were told they had a larger event with ASU that same weekend and all of their inventory was slated for that event so they had to charge us to rent them. Mind you, they don't normally charge for napkin rental. After some going back and forth in email, they finally conceded and removed the napkins off our invoice. Our other major issue with them was the cost of labor. They billed us for bulk labor hours. They said it's their policy to stay for the duration of the event. We said, we don't want you there for the duration of the event. We would like you to leave after dinner. Also, we have a hard time paying for catering staff that is standing around doing nothing. Anyone who was at our reception, should be able to remember seeing caterers STANDING AROUND DOING NOTHING - FOR THREE HOURS. Also, during our food tasting, we were assured by Alice, our sales person, that it was fine, and they would pack up and leave after dinner. INSTEAD, they sent us a bill the WEEK OF THE WEDDING, for an additional hour for caterers to stand around doing nothing, as we had extended our reception an hour. I text messaged their owner Steve Short (as he had given me his cell phone number to get a hold of him if we had any other issues) and asked him if this was necessary. He said yes, it has been proposed from the beginning. And I responded with, we have been opposed to it from the beginning but thanks for the response and Happy Thanksgiving. He then sent me the following two text messages: "Then you should not have booked us" "It seems like all you want to do leading up to this wedding is fight with us. I am having a hard time imaging success on this event." If taking issue with questionable charges is considered "fighting" with them, then you can call what you want. But I have nothing good to say about this company. Be careful if you consider them for your event.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Emilie D

Atlasta catered for our wedding. We primarily worked with Alice, who was a delight to work with! So kind, understanding, and accommodating to our last minute detail changes. The food was also delicious! Our guests were very impressed; several made comments during our wedding... Read More reception alone. We chose the rosemary pork roast and maple crusted chicken as our entrees, both of which were so tender and delicious. Atlasta also did our tables, chairs and linens. Overall, a great team to work with!

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Kelly C

We got married at Tempe Center for the Arts earlier this year and they work with 4 preferred vendors. I reached out to each vendor to get a quote and Atlasta was the most timely and affordable. Alice and her team were available every step of the way and we were very impressed... Read More with their service. Any time we needed to make an adjustment (and we had several) Alice made sure to update it accordingly in a very timely matter. The day of the wedding went beautifully! Everyone commented on how good the food was. I highly recommend Atlasta, they were a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Heidi B

I loved Atlasta! Alice was amazing and one of my favorite people involved in the wedding. She always answered my questions and was very prompt. Atlasta did everything I asked and wanted. On the day of nothing went wrong and everything was delicious. We also got our rentals... Read More through them which was really helpful and was, again, just perfectly done. At the end of the night they gave us food to take back to our hotel and included a bottle of champagne. It was all just very thoughtful. Great caterer.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

We had Atlasta cater our wedding in October at the Desert Botanical Gardens and it was outstanding! From the food, to the service, the presentation, and everything in between, we were very impressed. Alice and her team were so kind and helpful, they made the entire process... Read More stress free. They even packed to go boxes for us (the bride and groom) so we were able to snack on the amazing food after the wedding was over since there wasn't a lot of time to eat during the reception! They were even kind enough to offer a couple of special plates for our vegetarian guests! I would highly recommend them to anyone for any event! We are so grateful for their amazing food and service and for making our big day that much more memorable!

Perfectly Delicious

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Felicia T

My husband and I heard about Atlasta after a wedding we attended a couple of years ago and decided to check them out for our own wedding (which happened last weekend!). We sat down with Alice at the Atlasta headquarters to talk about our ideas for the menu and discuss budget. We... Read More went with a less traditional menu (basically all of the things we love - burgers, corn, french fries, macaroni and cheese, chicken strips, etc.) and they were completely open and willing to do whatever we wanted. We had our tasting shortly after at one of the buildings at ASU and were BLOWN AWAY. Not only was everything delicious, but we were honestly treated like royalty. We had our own little table set up, Alice served us beverages and replenished them whenever we needed, and brought out our menu dish by dish. Truthfully, I expected the food to taste like wedding food usually does... less than impressive. However, my husband and I were both completely wrong. Everything was not only delicious, but the appearance of the dishes were also beautiful. From the french fries, to the macaroni and cheese, to the burgers - we were no disappointed. They were meticulous about EVERYTHING - what cheese we wanted include in the macaroni and cheese, what types of dip we wanted to serve with the chicken strips and french fries, and even how the burger was made. We left our tasting feeling completely satisfied. The day of the wedding - everything just got better. The wait staff was the most incredible staff you could ever ask for. They'd literally check in with us every few moments to be sure we had everything we needed. In fact, before we started our post-ceremony photos, they came to us to ask us what we'd like for dinner so that our plates were completely ready upon completion of the photos. We made our way to the sweetheart table and they had piled my plate extra high with macaroni and cheese (just the way I wanted!) and my husband's with every type of meal possible. They were so kind and helpful and their customer service day of the wedding was second to none. I honestly am so impressed with their service that I can't stop singing their praises. Not only that - but the food was incredible. Our guests are still raving about our menu and were blown away at how delicious everything tasted. I highly recommend them. Our wait staff was literally the most amazing people I have ever experienced!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 Rose C

We had a wedding with about 120 guests. We held our wedding at the Desert Botanical Garden, so we were limited to a select list of caterers approved by the Garden. We met with only one other caterer before selecting Atlasta. We felt that the price was more reasonable than most... Read More of the other vendors and we were very impressed with the level of service right from the beginning. We went through two tastings and asked a boat load of questions to our point of contact Alice. She was very responsive and very detailed. She gave us a high level of confidence that our needs would be met and that she sincerely wanted to make sure we were happy with the food. We also did rentals through Atlasta which was much easier than it would have been to coordinate on our own. Again, Alice and the rest of her staff did a great job coordinating rentals and working with the Botanical Garden. Overall, Atlasta was great to work with and we received good feedback from our guests on the quality of the food. The presentation of the buffet was also very nice. It wasn't just a simple buffet with white tablecloths. They worked with us to display cookies that we had purchased from a different vendor and a cake that one of our friends made for us. They are more than willing to accommodate special requests and do so with a very positive attitude!

Delicious Food!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Brooke W

Great food and great service!! Wonderful presentation!!

Expensive, but pretty!

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Elise W

Atlasta was a bit higher cost than our other options, but the food was quite good (for wedding food) and the presentation the day of was marvelous. Everything looked beautiful. Service the day of the wedding was excellent! We were very impressed! We're not sure why they... Read More insist on creating legal documents in Microsoft Excel, and discovered several misleading formulae in their spreadsheet. Minus points on professionalism.

Atlasta Catering

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Sarah Y

We had our wedding at Bentley Projects in Phoenix. We had to choose from their list of about six approved caterers -- which was really fine with us as we had no idea where to start. We ended up going with Atlasta for a few reasons: they were priced reasonably, they're... Read More environmentally friendly, and most importantly their food is delicious. We went with a buffet-style dinner with 2 appetizers for cocktail hour. Our price came out to about $22 per head for dinner, which was less than any of the other caterers Bentley uses (in some cases, FAR less). We chose to have just beer, wine, and champagne rather than a full bar for our reception. Atlasta took care of bartending but allowed me to buy all of the alcohol myself (Total Wine!) which ended up saving us at least a couple hundred dollars. The only slight issue I had with them was their response time -- if I emailed them a question, I was waiting a few days to a week at times to get an answer. I certainly understand they have other clients to take care of as well, but planning a wedding will add to anyone's pre-existing neurosis! At the end of the day, the wedding itself went off perfectly so I can't really complain. Atlasta provides a complementary tasting at the University Club at ASU. Everything we tasted was amazing -- probably the hardest part of working with them was narrowing it down to two entrees! They even beat us to the venue on the day of and were setting up early, which really put me at ease. The staff was fantastic. We made all of our own table decorations, and they took care of setting them up on the dinner tables and making everything look beautiful. We had one dedicated waiter who served my husband and I at our sweetheart table and basically just made us feel like royalty. We had many compliments on the food from our guests. And it certainly helped that they know and work with Bentley Projects often so there were no issues there -- the two vendors worked together seamlessly.

Maple Crusted Chicken is to die for!

Reviewed on 1/09/2013 Stephanie H

We have had so many people still tell us that the chicken at our wedding was the best chicken they've ever had! The selection was wonderful and the various combination that they can be put into would work for every wedding. We are so happy they were our caterer!

Great food!

Reviewed on 12/17/2012 Rae G

We used Atlasta for our wedding at the Phoenix Zoo & the food was fantastic! We had an appetizer station & a drink station with a coffee bar that was amazing. We added an extra entree to our buffet & we had SO much food! Everything was so good! The catering staff went above &... Read More beyond to make sure everything was perfect & they were so helpful throughout the entire night! They even boxed up our cake & all the leftover food for us to take home!

Best food ever!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Laura C

Our wedding food was some of the best we've ever had! Kristin is an amazing person and went above and beyond to make our day incredible. I would recommend Atlasta to anyone having any kind of event.

Great food.

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Rebekah G

Atlasta did a great job for our wedding. Everything was on time, presentation was wonderful. Staff was very helpful. Most important, I have gotten only good comments on the food. Great job!

Best food ever!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Jessica V

Atlasta was amazing! They set up the cutest arrangement for the tasting, it could be like a date because its set up so nice and they give meal sized tastings not just a tiny bite! We had ribs and chicken and all the sides you can think of to go with it! It was a totally... Read More untraditional wedding meal but such a hit with everyone! My wedding was 3 weeks ago and I still get people telling me how great the food was! I'm recommending them to everyone/anyone I know that needs a caterer. Lowest prices for amazing high quality food!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Elyssa J

Great food overall did not here any complaints

They made it easy

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Lauren P

I booked Atlasta over a year in advance while my husband was deployed. Crystal was so helpful the entire time, and helped make the choices easy. They allowed me to design a custom menu and provided all the rentals for my wedding. They even agreed to do a second tasting when my... Read More husband got home so he could give his input. A couple months before the wedding, Crystal moved and Emily took over. The transition was seamless and Emily was fully briefed on our wedding. Both women were very friendly, efficient, and a joy to work with. They checked up with me every so often so I felt like they were truly invested in our wedding. They came to do a final walkthrough a couple weeks before, which relieved my anxieties. They arrived early to set up and the food was served hot and on time. The food was delicious and I received many compliments on it being plenty and flavorful. We chose the buffet option and everyone was pleased. They were priced competitively and we definitely got what we paid for. Their service was great and I felt like they helped plan the biggest part of our day. Our only complaint was that we chose to save all the leftovers, but they boxed them up and took most of them. Overall I was extremely pleased and would recommend their service to everybody.

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Hayley B

The food at our wedding was Stellar! You know when you go to a tasting and the food is great but the wedding night food leaves something to be desired? Not at Atlasta! Their food was consistently wonderful every time! Atlasta provided the best food and quality service!! Between... Read More the beautiful displays and great tasting food, we had trouble picking what we wanted to eat first. Not to mention that we had a Hot Chocolate bar that was so beautiful! Couldn't have asked for a better caterer.

Awesome to work with!

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 adele d

This company and especially the owner are so great to deal with. Kristin is so sweet and so are all her employees! She was my caterer and day of wedding coordinator! She was AH-MAZING!!! She took care of so many things I didn't think to take care of, she made sure my bridal... Read More party had drinks all night, guests were doing good, transferred items from church to venue. She did so much and was so loving the entire time. She really pays attention to detail! I couldn't imagine not having her there through out the wedding. They offer all kinds of food which was awesome! She was so nice that she included some stuff in for free, on top of that, she is so reasonably priced, which is a plus!!!

Atlasta was amazing!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2012 Caitlin K

I used Atlasta for my wedding last weekend and I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience. Crystal & Chelsey were so helpful along the way, checking in with me regularly over the course of the planning process and answering my weekly annoying questions... Read More promptly and with friendliness every time. The wedding itself was incredible! The food was amazing and there were lots of extra items that we didn't even know they were bringing (a variety of salsas, tortillas, etc.) -- things they could have easily skimped on but they chose to go above and beyond. My guests loved the food and a few commented that our catering staff were "stealth" -- they got everything done smoothly, quickly, seamlessly, and without being any intrusion on the event itself. So completely impressed by this company!!! I also had several comments from people who were impressed by their taking the time to recycle everything they could. I would absolutely use them at a future event and I wholeheartedly recommend them. as someone who is a neurotic control freak, Atlasta made me feel completely comfortable and confident to let them take over on the day of my wedding.