Book Your Wedding with Avalon Yacht Club

A BEACH IN AVALON, NJ

If scenic views and modern amenities are what you're looking for in a wedding venue then the Avalon Yacht Club in Avalon, New Jersey is the place for you. Couples who choose this location will love that it sits directly on the Intracoastal Waterway and has a dock for watching the sunset over the horizon or for taking awe-inspiring first-look photographs. Couples may opt to book the property on a Friday and invite 150 of their closest friends and family members or have exclusive use of the building by booking on a Saturday or Sunday so that they can accommodate 230 guests. Available spaces for your special day are displayed below.

Main Ballroom. Located on the first floor, the Main Ballroom is the most commonly used space within the yacht club. The room is made up of neutral colors to make it a cinch to transform the spot to match your specific theme or color scheme. The oversized windows allow for unobstructed views of the waterfront. There is plenty of space for dancing, as well as decorative hanging light fixtures for romantic evening lighting.

Club Room. Take a walk up to the second floor and you'll come to the Club Room. This space is best used for a smaller and more intimate reception or in conjunction with the main ballroom to accommodate extra guests. The benefit of utilizing the club room is that it has audio and visual capabilities for creating and displaying a slideshow.

North Deck. Used for outdoor ceremonies or as a break away spot, the North Deck gets a beautiful breeze that is ideal for summer weddings. If inclement weather rears its ugly head, the outdoor ceremony can be held in the main ballroom instead.

With every booking comes the use of the facility for five hours. This includes an hour for cocktails and four hours for the reception. Additional time is added if you'd also prefer to have your ceremony at the Avalon Yacht Club. A professional wedding coordinator is available to help you with important decisions and to work with any outside vendors on your behalf. If you aren't sure who to use, the coordinator will provide you with a preferred vendors list. Wedding packages provide all of the tables and chairs, floor-length linens in white or ivory and appropriate tableware. Chair covers and decorations are not provided, however, the service team is more than happy to set them up for you if they are dropped off ahead of time.

The bride and groom are invited to attend a complimentary food tasting so that they can finalize the reception menu. Hors d'eouvres such as mushrooms with crab imperial, buffalo chicken spring rolls and New Zealand lamb lollipops are served by gloved butlers. When it's time for the entree, you'll discover such mouthwatering dishes as stuffed Jersey flounder, grilled nature veal chop and braised beef short ribs. Couples are also welcome to take advantage of an extensive add-on list that includes everything from a seafood raw bar to chicken tenders for a late-night snack. Although the wedding cake is not included, the staff will cut and serve the cake along with a sweet endings strawberry display. Special meals can be arranged for children and your hired vendors.

The bride and the ladies of the wedding party will love that the Avalon Yacht Club has a bridal suite for dressing and applying makeup before the ceremony is set to begin. In addition to the convenience of the bridal suite, the couple and their guests will enjoy the following services:

• Wireless Internet access
  • Private parking
  • Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance

South Jersey's Premier Wedding Venue

The Avalon Yacht Club is one of South Jersey’s most sought after wedding venues. Situated along the intracoastal waterway we are one of the area’s best kept secrets. Our unique location provides unobstructed panoramic water views and breathtaking sunsets that you and your guests will surely enjoy. Planning your wedding day at the Avalon Yacht Club is a breeze. We offer a professional and experienced staff, from our culinary, management and service team. We will help with every intricate detail from start to finish and will coordinate all necessary planning. The Avalon Yacht Club is dedicated to creating an experience that you will never forget. We anticipate the opportunity of hosting the most memorable day of your life!

Waterfront, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

704 7th Street, Avalon, NJ (609) 967-4444

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Dana D

If anyone is considering getting married at the Jersey shore. Get married at the Avalon Yacht Club. Everything was perfect! The Venue is BEAUTIFUL! The food is absolutely amazing! Other wedding food just does compare! The staff made planning easy and stress free. Everyone who... Read More came said that this was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Exceptional!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Melissa M

Avalon Yacht Club went out of their way to make our wedding day perfect! From the club setup to the food, everything was exceptional! I wouldn't change a thing!

Review for Avalon Yacht Club

Reviewed on 8/19/2007 LORI H

I loved the fact that the sun set on the bay and allowed for some beautiful photos.

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Ilene L

We had an amazing time, our wedding was absolutely perfect! it rained the day of our wedding but the entire Avalon staff worked so hard to move everything and change things so that we could have an amazing night!Thank you Jarrod and Brian for everything! The food was absolutely... Read More delicious!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Sarah M

The Avalon Yacht Club was the perfect venue for our May 15 wedding. It provided a unique and beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception. Jarrod, Brian, and Chef Peter are consummate professionals and ensured that our day exceeded expectations!

An amazing experience at an amazing venue

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Melissa M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my wedding experience at the AYC. First and foremost - the staff. Jarrod helped us plan and problem solve for every step of the process, really making us feel that no matter what happened he would have a back up plan to the back up... Read More plan. Brian, the general manager, made us feel like we were the only two people at the wedding. Anything we needed or wanted, he was right there making sure we had it. Second - the view. The view inside the venue is breathtaking and the sunset is perfect for pictures. The floor plan is also ideal. Because the bar (a real bar inside the venue - as opposed to a make shift bar inside the venue) is right next to the dance floor, it encourages guests to remain dancing and having fun the entire night. No one needs to leave to go to another room for a drink. I would highly recommend this venue to other brides looking for a real shore/bay experience.

Love!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Katie M

Amazing venue- The place itself is gorgeous- open and bright. On top of that- Jarrod the manager of the club who helps you with all the details of the big night is the best. He was easy to reach, open to all our wants, was friendly, and helpful. My wedding was flawless and went... Read More off without any issues. The food and service was amazing. I can't say enough about this venue. I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Picture perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Jayne B

I do not know even know where to begin on how amazing and fantastic our wedding was at the Avalon Yacht Club on September 27th, 2014! The venue, location, scenery- including an unbelievable picturesque sunset, food, and especially Jarrod (event coordinator), Brian (GM) and the... Read More staff exceeded every expectation above and beyond for the perfect day! Jarrod helped us every step of the way and was hands on from the first introduction meeting to helping us pack up the day after our wedding! He knows all the vendors, has so much knowledge and experience, is open to “your” vision and ideas…I felt like he was also our wedding planner! We had our ceremony on the side deck (they provide the chairs!) where we were surrounded by the bay without a house in sight. The side deck then turns into cocktail hour and comes to an end just as the sun is beginning to set. My favorite thing is you get an entire wedding guest group picture off the side steps before you head in for the reception which I have never seen before (a lot of guests mentioned this as well). I grew up going to Stone Harbor and Avalon every summer and I have never seen a more gorgeous sunset then the view from their docks! I was shocked with excitement seeing our wedding pictures for the first time! They have an extremely large selection to choose from for appetizers during cocktail hour (which are delicious) and friends and family could not get over how good dinner was- some said best wedding dinner entrée they ever had (we did crab cake and chicken picatta). Jarrod and Brian are hands on the entire day and night for you and your family but you barely even notice they are there! It honestly seemed that any time I needed to do or get something Brian was right there with a smile to take care of it. I am so happy and grateful we chose to have our wedding at the Avalon Yacht Club as we had one of the best days of our lives and I honestly can’t imagine it being anywhere else!

AYC Wedding

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Caitlin G

We had both our ceremony and reception at AYC in June and we could not be happier with our decision to get married there! Our day was amazing. The staff at AYC was great to work with right from the start, and they were there to help in every way possible. They went above and... Read More beyond to ensure our day was perfect, and it was! The food was amazing! Our guests continue to tell us how great of a wedding it was. The view at AYC is simply beautiful and we have amazing photographs. We are so glad our wedding was at AYC!

Gorgeous Venue, Incredible Service!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Kate

My husband and I had our reception here in May and are thrilled with AYC! Jarrod and Brian couldn't have been more helpful in the planning and the day-of services. During planning Jarrod was very flexible with what we wanted to do, he knew our vendors well and I didn't need to... Read More worry about a thing. When I showed up on the day of the wedding everything was perfect. On the day of, they were always there to make sure we had everything we needed, but weren't in your face about it. When our transportation company didn't show up, Jarrod and Brian were calling cabs and car services for us and our guests and offered to even drive us to the hotel. The venue is beautiful and spacious, it's worth every penny for the sunset photos. The appetizers and the meal (filet and crab cake) were to die for. We are still getting compliments on the venue and the food! I think compared to some other venues in the area, the price is comparable but the setting and service can't be beat!

The Avalon yacht

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 ileana r

They gave what they promised

Meet The Coordinator

Jarrod Sykes

As the clubs Wedding & Events Coordinator I will make certain that our culinary, management and service team ensures that your vision becomes a reality. I have been working at the Avalon Yacht Club for over 20 years and have been its Wedding & Events coordinator for the last 4 years having worked hundreds of weddings and special events. I will help with every intricate detail from start to finish and will coordinate all necessary planning. Our full management team will be present the entire day of your wedding and will make certain no detail is overlooked.