Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa A Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Costa Mesa, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Avenue of the Arts Hotel blends luxury with style. Located in the heart of Costa Mesa in Southern California and less than three miles from John Wayne Airport, this boutique hotel is Costa Mesa’s only AAA recognized four-diamond hotel. The resort-style property seamlessly combines modern architecture and nature with its lakeside setting and chic and contemporary décor.

At Avenue of the Arts Hotel, couples enjoy a variety of indoor and outdoor locations for the ceremony and reception of their dreams. The hotel hosts bridal showers, rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches. Commitment ceremonies are also welcome. Partners choose from the following spaces on the property to celebrate their wedding day.

Lakeside Lawn. This outdoor space is idyllic for couples who enjoy an alfresco experience and have up to 275 guests. It displays lush landscaping, relaxing water fountains and secluded pathways.

Garden Retreat. The space is ideal for open-air ceremonies with a smaller number of guests. The surrounding trees and hanging lights contribute to a cozy and intimate atmosphere. The garden’s maximum capacity is 150 people.

Grand Ballroom. The Grand Ballroom at Avenue of the Arts Hotel accommodates a more sizable guest list, seating up to 375 people. It is located on the second floor of the hotel and is decorated with chandeliers hanging from 16-foot ceilings. It has a foyer with windows, a private balcony and a 10-foot video screen that drops down for a photo montage.

Silver Trumpet Restaurant and Bar. The Silver Trumpet Restaurant and Bar is adjacent to the hotel and offers stunning views of the lakeside. The sophisticated dining room also features a patio. The restaurant has a maximum capacity of 200 people.

All-encompassing wedding packages and options separate Avenue of the Arts Hotel from other marriage venues. The hotel furnishes everything a couple needs to celebrate the occasion, including delectable cuisine and impeccable service. The pro planners at Avenue of the Arts Hotel help make the process leading up to the wedding as stress-free and personal as possible.

Couples can have their ceremony, reception or both at the Avenue of the Arts Hotel. Outdoor areas are uncovered so the hotel offers indoor spaces as backup options. Avenue of the Arts Hotel has a preferred list of vendors but can accommodate outside vendors as well.

All wedding packages of the Avenue of the Arts Hotel come with a three-course custom menu, wedding cake and champagne and sparkling cider toasts. Couples enjoy a complimentary Deluxe Honeymoon suite with champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries and breakfast the next morning.

Couples who wish to treat themselves, the wedding party, their family or guests to an extra-special experience can choose from a number of perks:

• Professional wedding coordinator for the month of your wedding
  • Complimentary airport shuttle
  • Group room reservations
  • Changing rooms for the wedding party
  • Lakeside cocktail reception
  • Elegant dance floor
  • Heated pool with private cabanas

Beautiful Lakeside Setting in Theatre District

The Avenue of the Arts Hotel rests in the heart of Costa Mesa on a beautiful lake, surrounded by the renowned Theatre Arts District and South Coast Plaza. Our modern, yet traditional, character provides the perfect backdrop for a romantic wedding ceremony, reception and special event needs.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA (714) 442-8603
INSTAGRAM

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Brad O

My wedding was on November 1, 2014. During the final months of our wedding planning, we had the pleasure of working with Lisa-Marie, the social catering manager. She was diligent and responsive to all our emails and inquires. Throughout every step of the way, she would be there... Read More to assure that everything was handled to the way we wanted. We were even surprised by the thoughtfulness of her sending up refreshments and a fruit and cheese platter during our rehearsal night. During the day of our wedding, she was prompt and kept watch of the weather, since it had rained in the morning. While I was prepping and getting ready, she was kind enough to let me know that the hotel had their indoor room available for a backup, just in case it continued to rain. The hotel worked hard and had everything perfectly arranged in time for our wedding. I have to say, I went in expecting that something would go wrong and was pleasantly surprised that everything went flawlessly! Both my husband and I couldn't be anymore pleased. Aside from working with Lisa-Marie, we really loved how updated the hotel looked and that the wedding event had a separate entrance from the main hotel. That help elminate regular hotel guests from mixing in with our wedding party (a big plus). The hotel was easy to work with and the packages they offer are reasonable. The food was great and the staff was wonderful to our guests. In addition, the hotel assured us from the start that they would hold an indoor room as a backup in case of sudden rain, since the ceremony was held by the lake. When we saw rain the morning of our wedding, the hotel followed through with their promised made at the start of the contract. Overall, we couldn't be anymore happier to write such a positive review for this venue. Many thanks to Lisa-Marie and her team!

2014-11-18T19:08:39 Response from the vendor

Hi Julie and Brad! Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words of appreciation! Meeting you, Brad, and both of your families was truly a pleasure, and we sincerely hope to see you in the near future! Come visit us soon! :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Aimee Joyce A

Highly recommend this venue! Worked with Dy and Terri and they were extremely helpful with their guidance in preparation for our wedding reception! They were also both accommodating to our needs for our guests! The venue itself was beautiful and we were able to design and plan... Read More it exactly the way we wanted! We've received many great compliments regarding the food selection as well! We've got amazing service, especially from Dominga, who was with us on both the day of our meal tasting and our big day. The hotel itself is beautiful and the design totally matched our personalities. The guests that booked a room at the hotel for the weekend enjoyed their stay. Thank you Avenue of the Arts!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

WOW!!!! Where do I begin to express how awesome this hotel is. My son recently married June 20, 2015. Dy was the catering coordinator from the beginning to the end of my son's wedding. She was absolutely amazing. She is extremely professional, kind, thoughtful, caring, and... Read More knowledgeable in every aspect of her job. She relieved my family and I from all the stresses that goes with planning a wedding. Dy was very attentive to all our needs before and during the wedding. She made us feel as if we were her family. She made one of the most important days of our lives the most memorable day. Terri and Lisa Marie were extremely helpful as well. They contributed to a very successful wedding day. On the wedding all of the hotel staff were attentive to all of our guest. They were very welcoming, polite, kind, professional to all our arriving guest. Our guest were so impressed with the beauty of the venue. The Lakeside ceremony was breathtaking. The ballroom was stunning. The food was excellent and the kitchen staff were phenomenal. This hotel was very intimate and accommodating. Our guest that stayed overnight at the hotel could not stop praising the comfort of the beds and the beauty of the modern hotel rooms. To anyone looking for a hotel to celebrate any special occasion look no further........this is the place. Call and speak with Dy to begin your extravagant journey.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Graciela T

My dream wedding came to life at Avenue of the Arts Hotel!!!!! The newly remodeled ballroom is beautiful. I love the hotels decor. My husband and I worked very closely with Dhy and Sara with regards to brainstorming ideas for the reception. They are both very helpful and... Read More creative. Thank you both. The reception went on without a hitch. The servers and banquet captain ensured all of our guests needs were met. The food was delicious. We had a live band made up of 6 people. They had no problems setting up their equipment onstage. We all danced the night away. Everything from the room set up to the lighting was amazing. I had the time of my life. We stayed the night. Our suite was amazing. Our suite faced the lake, making it a great place to capture moments before and after the wedding. I absolutely love this place. Every part of the hotel is picture perfect. Thank you all for making my wedding day memorable. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Laura S

We had such a delightful experience working with Dy for our recent November wedding! She was attentive to all our needs, as well as our guest needs for the planning process. The hotel was a beautiful setting and the food and staff were wonderful! We are so happy we chose this... Read More location for our venue!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Michael S

Beautiful venue for a wedding reception. The catering manager, Dy, did an outstanding job of walking us through the options and coming up with a package that met our needs. All commitments were fulfilled as promised, and Dy was very responsive to our many questions. The food... Read More and beverage service on the day of the reception was outstanding and garnered many rave reviews from our guests. When we had some minor questions about the billing after the event, our questions were satisfactorily answered in a prompt and professional manner. Overall, exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Elizabeth A

I got married at this hotel when it was the Wyndham. I had a 50th birthday party in early October. It's now a lovely boutique hotel. The staff was very attentive the day of my event. The event planner was also accommodating. The food was delicious and presentation was the best... Read More I've seen for a buffet. My guests raved about it. Overall great experience.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alexis T

My wedding was PERFECT! I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful team to make my dream day come true! I worked closely with Dy Moncada since the beginning and she has been nothing but accommodating to every need. We even had an outside event coordinator to organize all the... Read More boring stuff. They made sure that my husband and I had food at the end of the night, which is very thoughtful since we were taking pictures and dancing the entire night. And lots of our guests were very happy with all the food! Very tasty! THANK YOU so much for making the planning process so easy! <3 Mr. and Mrs. Osborne

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kathleen R

I had my wedding here at Avenue of the Arts in Costa Mesa, CA on October 15, 2016. Everything came out so perfect. I had the time of my life. I kept smiling the entire night and kept dancing the night away not once did I sit down and not once was I upset at something. My... Read More wedding coordinator Carmen Fuentes from Expressionary Events was amazing. She really took care of me and ensured everything went smoothly. She did such an amazing job I would highly recommend her. She is such a sweetheart. Dy my catering manager was the best. She took so much care of me and my husband. She made sure everything was perfect to the "T". She made us feel so comfortable and reassured us that we were in good hands. I loved everything about her. Her friendly smile to making us feel like we knew her for years. She really went the extra mile to ensure we were both happy. I cannot thank her enough. I will definitely be in contact with her and refer my family and friends to her. Terri was also amazing! She also took very good care of us. Anything we needed she was right there. I thought something would go wrong the day of my wedding but no. Everything was perfect. My guest absolutely loved the hotel, the decor of the hotel, and every last detail to the wedding was perfect. The food was amazing!! I got so many compliments from all my guest. They all wanted seconds. I would definitely recommend this hotel and all their wonderful staff to future brides and grooms. I had the best experience of my life and I will never forget it.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Hannah P

This hotel was a great choice! The interior was beautiful and the smallest decorations in the hotel was gorgeous. My wedding service outside near the fountain was great. They also have a wedding planner for you and it just makes everything so much better. It was affordable... Read More and great service. Thank you Dy, she was so helpful with everything and if there was a problem, she helped out with it very fasy. Thank you everyone that helped with my wedding, it made every penny worth it.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My name is Danielle Leilani and I am the Owner & Lead Wedding Planner of Leilani Weddings. I am a preferred vendor at this venue and I always have a fabulous experience when I work with Avenue of the Arts Hotel. It is extremely easy to communicate and work with their staff.... Read More Everyone is helpful and reliable which allows the events to run very smoothly. It is an absolute pleasure to plan weddings at this venue and I look forward to future events!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

I was so impressed with Dy's superb customer service. Hotel accommodation was excellent at ou pre wedding event on 08/015/2016

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

We had our wedding ceremony at the Avenue of The Arts hotel. We stayed there for two nights, and it was an amazing experience. They upgraded us to a beautiful suit. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. I cannot express how I and my husband were pleased about... Read More our ceremony. Everything went so perfect as it was planned.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Valerie N

Our wedding was in February 2016. We had 180 guests, 15 tables, and a large dance floor. It’s cozy with enough space for everyone to walk around comfortably. We chose Avenue of the Arts because of the lakeside ceremony view, beautiful banquet room and our guests can take the... Read More elevator up to their rooms at the end of the wedding if they want to. We mostly worked with Brittany. She was very professional, responsive to our emails, quick at building rapport, and accommodating. We also worked with Terri a few times who is also super awesome. Together, this team kept problems in perspective and were reliable for developing satisfying solutions. There were last minute changes to the ceremony area and they pulled strings from their end to make sure our ceremony has everything we need. We received great feedback from our guests about the venue. Overall, the Avenue of the Arts staff has excellent customer services. Every time I visit this hotel, I always feel very welcome and treat with respect by their greetings and professionalism. We highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Brittany G

We just had our wedding here last week 1/16/16 and I have to say the whole day was absolutely perfect! Brittany our coordinator at the hotel was an absolute joy to work with. She helped with everything from the menu, decor, placement of items, ideas to decorate, the timeline of... Read More the wedding reception and even with helping me find a way to hang up my dress so it wouldn't get wrinkled! She was always quick to answer any questions or concerns I had and she always found a way to accommodate mine and my bridal party's needs. She made me (a very organized but stressed bride) feel very relaxed and comfortable. I had no worries or concerns of anything going wrong on my big day because I knew the wonderful staff and Brittany had everything taken care of. My junior bridesmaid even got sick and couldn't be at the reception and the staff and Brittany made sure to box up food and took it to her room. The honeymoon suite was beautiful and the staff helped us take everything to our room. I can't thank them enough for making our special day just as perfect and magical as we imagined it to be!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

We were so happy with the whole event at the Avenue of the Arts hotel. We worked with Brittany and she made sure everything was absolutely wonderful from the service to the party. The room looked just as we had imagined it and the service room was set up perfectly. We so... Read More appreciated the hard work, attention to details and concern for getting everything just right. And especially was grateful that the couple of items that needed changing got attended to immediately. We felt very cared for throughout the whole process and could tell Brittany was listening to our every request!

Great Venue for an Indian Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Nina

After looking at over 100 wedding venues throughout Los Angeles and Orange County, we chose the Wyndham Avenue of the Arts in December 2014 for our wedding in October 2015. We were looking to have a traditional Indian/Hindu wedding with about 200 guests. This venue met all my... Read More criteria, including having an outdoor wedding ceremony site! We had an amazing wedding with the Wyndham team and couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out! We initially worked with Lisa-Marie who helped us through all of our original questions and set up. We then worked with Terri and Brittany the months before the wedding on all of the final details. The staff was very friendly and the service was wonderful! Given that Indian weddings have so many different pieces, the Wyndham did an amazing job at making sure all of the details were worked out ahead of time and were very knowledgable and receptive to all of the customs. One of the best things about this venue is that they included a month of wedding planner as part of the package. We had Eric from Expressionary events as our coordinator and he was phenomenal! (Read my review on him too!) The hotel is very beautiful so you can't go wrong! The theme of the hotel is purple and the decor is very chic and modern. We and all of our guests loved the lakeside ceremony area, which made for great pictures. Bottom line: We are so happy we chose the Wyndham! The team there was on point the whole day and the time leading up to it, the venue was stunning, and it was the best day of our lives!

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Shannon C

Our wedding at the Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel exceeded all our expectations. This venue was wonderful every step of the way from exploring their wedding packages to the day of the wedding. It went above and beyond to make our wedding experience as enjoyable and stress free... Read More as possible. The staff was highly competent and friendly to us and all our guests. All the coordinators that we worked with Lisa-Marie (who is no longer there, but still amazing), Brittany and the manager Terri were helpful and extremely knowledgeable. The extra little details they suggested and assistance they provided helped to make the day flow smoothly and elegantly. The wedding day was so magical for my husband and I. The food was superb! We were able to soak up and enjoy every moment dancing, and visiting with our guests. The overall experience was just what we wanted even down to our guest being able to stay at the hotel and enjoy brunch with us the next day in the Silver Trumpet restaurant. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that wants a chic and elegant wedding!

2015-10-28T18:23:36 Response from the vendor

Hello! Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are so glad your day was as magical as you had hoped. We take great pride in delivering excellence, from the complete package we offer, to your departure the next day. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

Great Venue! We had our ceremony and reception there. They can seat up to 230, I would recommend staying around 200 to be more comfortable. We had around 180. The outside ceremony spot by the lake is beautiful and very private. The coctail hour also outside near the restaurant... Read More patio is perfect. The reception floor is also very private since it's designated only for the wedding. All of our guests thought the venue was beautiful and really enjoyed the wedding. The hotel staff was top notch, everything from professionalism during the planning period to the waiting staff for food and coctails. Thank you! -Cang

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

I recently had my Bridal Shower here and everything was pure perfection! When I entered the hall it was beyond what I had expected. They made sure every detail was on point. All my guests were so impressed with everything, the hall, the food, even their coffee/tea station was... Read More impressive. Dy, the coordinator, was extremely helpful and very patient with my busy schedule (if often took me days to respond to her emails).

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

I cannot say enough about the Ave of the Arts Wyndham. I gave my daughter a bridal shower in their garden retreat last weekend, and it was beyond belief. Terri did such an amazing job with the flowers, centerpieces, the layout, the decorations - it was so fabulous. It was so... Read More beautiful that it looked like an actual wedding, which was beyond my wildest dreams for how it could look for a shower. The food was outstanding. The service was impeccable. Terri had a calm, organized demeanor and working with her was seamless, she is absolutely a true professional and I was luck to have her as my point of contact. From the initial menu choices, to the contracts, to the pre-event meeting, and then the event, it was beyond my wildest dreams for how this shower could turn out. I highly recommend this venue, and Terri, and look very forward to finding another event that I can book there.

AMAZING FOR WEDDINGS!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Sherry T

Lisa Marie is fantastic!!! Our wedding was held here on 04/11/15 and everything went perfect! The staff and service here is what really stands out. Lisa Marie made everything so simple and was there to ensure everything ran smoothly. The banquet room came out amazing and they... Read More really pay attention to the detail. The entire staff was so helpful and accommodating. I totally recommended this place because they know how to make your day feel so important and special. everything came out exactly how we wanted it.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Jee L

I had the pleasure of working with Lisa-Marie. She answered my many many MANY emails and eased my concerns. My wedding was on January 17, 2015 and I was worried that it would be rainy and/or windy. Lisa-Marie calmly reassured me that everything would be okay. Lisa-Marie = nicest... Read More and sweetest person in the world!! During the entire wedding planning process, I had absolutely no stress (well minus the weather part). The venue was beautiful and the lakeside ceremony site was peaceful/romantic. I loved the purple colors and the large ballroom. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff was courteous and always had a smile. I have heard such horror stories about wedding venue in the past but I was thankful that the Wyndham was the complete opposite! Thank you Lisa-Marie and hotel staff for making my wedding day perfect! *Jeenee*

2015-01-21T13:41:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Jeenee, Thank you so much for the kind review! As I have repeatedly said, I LOVED your design aesthetic...the gorgeous white dance floor, the purple uplighting, the cutest napkin fold, and the bling...it was gorgeous! Thank you so much, and I hope you visit... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue / Reasonable Price / Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 1/19/2015

We had a small wedding (30 guests) in the Retreat / Garden area of the Wyndham Avenue of the Arts Hotel. The quaint, outdoor, astro-turf area has couches and heat lamps, so our guests could mingle and relax before and after the short ceremony. The surrounding trees and hanging... Read More lights made it cozy and beautiful. And the cost was VERY reasonable for our tight budget. Lisa-Marie was very friendly, thoughtful and professional as she recommended numerous ideas -- including private bar service in our closed-off area. They even did a mock set up of chairs for our rehearsal the night before. The hotel itself is beautiful, with purple accents, valet service and well groomed grounds. And with only 6 weeks to plan the wedding, and a very tight budget, this venue was absolutely perfect and VERY highly recommended. Karen James (Bride)

2015-01-19T17:46:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for the sweet review! We had so much fun meeting you, your new husband, and your family! We loved how your ceremony had only your closest friends and family, making it a heartfelt and intimate day. It was a... Read Less Read More

Exceptional Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/14/2015

LOCATION: We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with 150 of our closest family and friends at the Avenue of the Arts Hotel. We rented out the entire ballroom on the second floor for the party and the ballroom on the first floor for the renewal of vows. That way, we used the... Read More staircase as an extension to our aisle so our entourage could march to a longer song. All our guests loved the beautiful, sophisticated and modern decorations and atmosphere of the hotel. Super clean and absolutely five-star status! The Avenue of the Arts Hotel opened up the boardroom for us so all our performers and entourage could have a place to put their belongings, change of clothes and any other necessities. Beyond that the staff put water, mirrors, and even hanger racks because they anticipated (we didn't even have to ask) what we would need. STAFF: We could not have asked for a better staff to host our silver wedding anniversary! Everyone from the front desk to the event planners was super accommodating and friendly! The staff was always smiling and always willing to help. They made everything we wanted happen and reduced any stress we may have had to get things done. When you only get one day to celebrate a momentous occasion the Avenue of the Arts staff took great ownership of that responsibility and opportunity to make it a day and night to remember! FOOD: We had a carving station, salad, pasta and desserts. The food was first class and we never ran out. Dinner was on-time and everyone loved the buffet style. SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: Our guests were treated great! There was no hassle in getting our parking validated and there was no confusion on where the party was. There was adequate signs everywhere to direct our guests. It felt like we rented out the entire hotel as there were no other parties there that night. That is super important! They booked one party and took great care of every single detail!

2015-01-19T17:48:59 Response from the vendor

Hi Stella, Thank you so much for the kind review! Your event was so much fun, and we are so glad that you were pleased! We especially loved the touches that made the event special...your beautiful cake on the manzanita branches, your fun and entertaining... Read Less Read More

Meet The Events Director

Sara Cargill

Sara started in the events industry in high school and has never looked back! She has a love for people and passion for weddings. Her favorite trends are donut walls and cute chairs. She loves to think outside of the box and try new things. Anything is possible!