The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Balcony Ballroom, located in historic New Orleans, has a long-standing tradition of making dream weddings come true. The venue's open and elegant spaces give the location a very glamorous feeling. There is no need to worry about weather with the Balcony Ballroom's climate controlled location, which can host both the wedding ceremony and reception celebration. With the ample size and height of the ballroom, brides can rest assured that everything from the first dance to the bouquet toss can be seen by all of the wedding guests, so no one will miss a single moment of the special day.

Couples can customize the ballroom and its sky-high ceilings with their unique color palette and even hire a wedding design specialist to help ensure that all the details are spot-on. All of the food for the special day is made on site using only the freshest ingredients, and special dietary requests can be accommodated. The Balcony Ballroom is photo-ready with a self-contained photo area that is fully stocked with a bar, food, a bridal suite, full length mirrors, and restrooms. This means that stress-free photos can be taken on-site, eliminating the need to travel and miss out on the party.

This space can comfortably accommodate between 150 and 300 guests without sacrificing comfort or visibility. Its indoor location and covered drive mean that inclement weather is a non-issue, and on sunny days in the Big Easy, guests can enjoy a breath of fresh air in one of the adjoining outdoor areas without missing a thing, thanks to the state-of-the-art sound system.

The Balcony Ballroom allows couples to customize almost everything without extra fees. The event will be manned by the ballrooms white glove service. The location employees over 25 staff members who are professional, courteous, and committed to making every couple's wedding day magical. The site is set up mostly for the reception, but the ballroom can easily function as a ceremony space as well. There is an additional fee, however, to host both the ceremony and reception. A live band and a comfortable space for its members can be rented for an additional cost, but everything else is included in the base price of the package, excluding the cake.

Couples who decide to book the ballroom venue are treated to plenty of extras. The staff takes care of all of the details from set-up to cleanup. The events can last for three hours, not including set-up and cleanup time. Schedules are also very flexible, except that all events must end by midnight. Assets like design specialists and specialized menus are just a couple perks, and additional features include:

• Unique monograms designed by a specialist and displayed at the event
  • Self-contained photography area
  • Full catering services providing fresh food cooked on-site
  • Set-up and clean up handled by the staff
  • Customized menu for the Groom and Bride
  • Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres
  • Food bars and food stations, which allow guests to pick their food for the evening
  • Fully stocked bars
  • Private bridal suite
  • Custom linens
  • An array of light colors to choose from
  • Free parking
  • Security

Still madly in love with the business of love.

Couture-like elegance. Because your event should be as original as you are. With elegant open spaces, a brand new high-end lighting system with projections you can customize, and cuisine tailored-made to accommodate an array of dietary needs, your day will be just that – yours.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

4738 Utica Street, Metairie, LA (504) 885-8001

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Miranda C

On Friday, May 12th Dallas and I had our wedding ceremony & reception here and to say it was outstanding would be an understatement ! The staff was perfect ! They're extremely professional and skilled. Every one of our guests raved over how amazing the food was and how beautiful... Read More the wedding was! Mike, Vanessa, and Jay, thank you and your staff so much for making our wedding day so perfect, and going above and beyond, you guys are the real deal!

2017-05-17T12:28:58 Response from the vendor

We could not imagine working with a more amazing couple!! The wedding party was amazing, your parents were incredible and the dancing was off the charts!! We were honored to serve so many amazing people and such an outstanding couple. Thank you for choosing us!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Shannon M

Vanessa, Mike and Jay: Words cannot describe the gratitude we feel for making our wedding, the kind of day I've always imagined and prayed for, more than perfect. Each of you were all incredible from beginning to end. The staff from the guest checker, chef(s), servers and... Read More bartenders were absolutely wonderful. Vanessa, your attention to details in every aspect was above and beyond and we cannot thank you and Mike enough. In short, you more than delivered on all your promises and assurances. As my mom put it "any concerns were definitely unwarranted." You catered to us, our families and made our guests feel welcome as they were astonished by the ballroom's vintage beauty. The various appetizing continuous servings of hors d'Oeurves and well-prepared assortment of food stations were scrumptiously amazing. We speak nothing but blessings on The Balcony Ballroom and now personally understand why you've been in this business for over 40 years...PERFECTION in every way!! We love you all and hope to celebrate future anniversaries with you. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND couples to The Balcony Ballroom as they will not be disappointed...you really take care of your clients!! It has been days later and both our local and out-of-town guests are still charged and excited!! Sincerely, Shannon and Marshall April 2, 2016

2016-04-06T11:40:26 Response from the vendor

Our parents started this business over 40 years ago, and Jay and I happened to be with them when this review came in. Needless to say, it was such a proud moment for us to read your review aloud. We were thrilled to receive such... Read Less Read More

The Most Important Day of my Daughter's Life...

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Lindsay B

I want to thank ALL of The Balcony Staff, especially Vanessa, Jay, Mike, Colin, and Chef Wes for the MOST perfect experience I could imagine for the MOST important day of my only daughter's life - her wedding day :) I cannot say enough good things about how professional,... Read More diligent, and accommodating they all were from start to finish. The food was delicious, plentiful, and never ending, and a special thanks to Chef Wes for creating an entire menu for a nephew with Gluten issues. He didn't have to do that. I heard comments about how the bartenders would eventually learn each guest's drink preference and have it ready when they arrived at the bar! How many places do that?? Thank you so much! You all made me look good - LOL We will DEFINITELY be recommending your venue to everyone we know, and we know lots of people with adult children about to get married :) Thank you, again, from the bottom of my heart, for all you did for us. I've never seen my daughter smile so much :D Sincerest Regards, Mother of the Bride (Cody & Lindsay, March 6, 2015)

2015-03-14T17:49:38 Response from the vendor

Ms. Kelly, thank you so much for a wonderful review, but working with your family was a joy for us. Everyone was so sweet and so fun, and I love a Bride who knows what she wants and how to get it done. I look... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Sharena W

My husband just left a review, but everything was so great, I decided to leave one as well. Although I am a New Orleans native, I no longer reside there. I wanted to have a wedding in my hometown but, as you can imagine, it's pretty hard to plan when you live out of state. The... Read More Balcony Ballroom relieved at least 85% of my stress easily. From decor, to food, to attentiveness, and execution, I cannot express how great everything was! About 90% of my guests travelled from out of town and had never experienced New Orleans and a New Orleans wedding. Needless to say, everyone was blown away and had an amazing time. Vanessa, Mike, Jay, and the entire staff exceeded expectations. My husband and I couldn't have picked a better venue. Thank you SO much for making our wedding an unforgettable experience!

2017-05-24T10:31:49 Response from the vendor

Y'all are the best!! REVIEWS everywhere!!!!!!! LOVE this #powercouple!!! Wish we had couples like you everyday!!!! xoBB

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ashley S

The staff was very professional and helpful.Thank you guys for everything, you have really turned our dream wedding into a reality.It was absolutely beautiful

2017-05-08T18:02:42 Response from the vendor

You were are DREAM couple!! So glad we got to celebrate with y'all;) xoBB

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Jessica E

What a BLAST! My husband and I, and all our guests, are still raving about how great The Balcony Ballroom was! First of all, you guys treated us like royalty and made sure every detail was on point and taken care of. I never had to worry about anything when it came to the... Read More reception, you guys were always so receptive and responsive to all my questions! Secondly, the food was absolutely amazing. Mike was so great the whole night and really took care of us and our parents. We didn't want the night to end and wish we could re-live it again and again! Thank you guys for making our night so so special, it was perfect and we would HIGHLY recommend you guys to anyone!

2017-05-02T12:41:51 Response from the vendor

What an awesome review.....the excitement is jumping off the page!! You and your family were a treat to work with, so it makes our job easy. Thank you for celebrating with us, and I'll make sure to pass on your shout-out to Mike....he loves those;)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Ann Marie C

Our reception was perfection from start to finish. Our wedding was over a month ago, but we still have friends gushing about how much fun they had. It's a beautiful place with delicious and plentiful food and the best customer service you can find. If we had to do it all over... Read More again, we wouldn't change a thing.

2017-05-01T12:45:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all of the STAAAAARS!! So happy we could celebrate with y'all;) The BB

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Jennifer F

The Balcony is a great place for a reception. The DJ is great at keeping people dancing and Mr. Mike and Mr. Jay were so sweet and accommodating—you can tell they know what they are doing! The décor was exactly what we wanted and the night was amazing—people are still telling me... Read More a week later what a fun reception it was. The only problems we had were very minor. Some food decisions we had made at the pre-wedding meeting were ignored, and we were told at the pre wedding meeting that if people showed up any earlier than 7:50pm they wouldn’t be let in the doors (which worried me a little since our wedding started at 7pm and was only supposed to last about 30 minutes at most.) It all worked out in the end, and overall it is a great place to have your reception! My parents were extremely well taken care of, which was a big priority for us. The great things well outweigh the bad, just make sure to manage your expectations; all the reviews I had read only talked about how wonderful they were (which they are!) so I had impossibly high standards. Some things might happen that aren’t perfect but it will still be perfect because it’s your wedding!

2017-04-11T17:48:05 Response from the vendor

Hey Jennifer!! Thank you so much for the amazing review, but as wedding experts, of course we are losing sleep over missing the 5th star, because, we too set the highest standards for ourselves!;) It is unfortunate that the arrival time of your guests caused... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 SHENIKA T

The Balcony Was Our first Choice for our reception. The package they offer to you goes over and beyond what anyone has. Upon meeting Vanessa, Mike and Jay I was very pleased with their attitudes and their willingness to help in all ways from beginning to end. It was nothing that... Read More they couldn't accommodate me with to make OUR day perfect. They were their every step of the way. I visited frequently and the attitudes were still always pleasant. When arriving at the reception we were immediately taken upstairs where our photos were taken and then we were allowed to eat. Our table was flooded with food 😘😘and our favorite drink. We had a moment to just unwind. The serving staff was amazing, the food was non stop all night. Mike attended to us and kept us on point as well. All of our guest are still saying how beautiful it was, how great the food was and how great the staff was. We love them, had a BLAST and wouldn't have had it any other way. #TheBalconyBallroom The place to have your wedding/reception Thanks Mike, Jay, and Vanessa!

2017-03-27T12:08:32 Response from the vendor

It is easy to have a pleasant attitude when working with an amazing Bride! You and your husband are beautiful people inside and out. It was a pleasure working with someone who cared so much about her day....it showed in every detail. I know our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kami D

The Balcony Ballroom is the way to go for a elegant wedding. This was the only venue that I went and viewed--from the moment that I opened the doors, I knew it was everything I was looking for plus so much more! The elegance of the atmosphere, the delicious food, and the amazing... Read More staff made Jake and I's reception a time to remember! Our guest had nothing but fabulous things to say, and we totally agreed 100%! Thank you for making our fairytale wedding come to life!! 😘 We will forever be thankful for y'all, especially saving the day when I spilt the delicious fillet mignon on my dress haha ☺️😉

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Rachel K

The most wonderful, blissful, stress free, absolutely gorgeous wedding venue ever. They took care of everything making my special day even that much more special. I can't even describe how thankful I am to everyone at the balcony, you all are truly amazing!!! My wedding was... Read More perfect!

2017-03-01T12:49:34 Response from the vendor

What beautiful words from a gorgeous person!! Thank you so much for sharing your day with us! It was an honor serving you and Steven along with your parents...I hope Ms. Monica has had a moment to relax after all the wedding planning;) Congrats and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Kaci M

My wedding reception was on 1/28/17 at the Balcony Ballroom. It was only 2 days ago and I couldn't wait to post a great review about the night! It was everything I ever dreamed of and more. The entire staff at the Balcony, especially Vanessa, Mike, and Jay, were absolutely... Read More amazing! From the moment we walked into the door until the moment we left, they did everything to make the night the best night of our life! I have already received so many compliments from guests telling me how it was the best wedding they have been too! The atmosphere, food, and service can not be beat! We feel extremely blessed to have had our reception at this amazing venue!

2017-01-30T15:36:06 Response from the vendor

Kaci, I can not be more honored that you chose us to celebrate your wedding. I know you were pulled in every direction when you were making your decision of which venue to choose...so we really hope it was everything you were expecting it would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 JORDAN C

The Balcony is absolutely amazing! From the moment we got there at the reception they were so helpful and ready to serve us. Every few minutes they were asking if we need anything, food, drink, etc!! My guest loved the venue and are still talking about the food!!! I would... Read More recommend them to any bride looking to get married!

2016-12-27T14:17:14 Response from the vendor

Jordan, we LOVED celebrating with you and your entire family!! What a joyous occasion!! Congrats!! Balcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Taylor K

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing our reception was at The Balcony. We have received so many compliments on how good the food was and how beautiful the facility is. The staff was amazing and kept our drinks full the entire night. The DJ was fabulous and played a... Read More wide variety of music, which kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. We had the most perfect reception all thanks to the amazing people at The Balcony!!

2016-12-19T15:28:51 Response from the vendor

Taylor!!!! You are so thoughtful to write this for us!! You were such a beautiful Bride surrounded by so many lovely elements: your awesome parents, a handsome groom, and some of the most gorgeous flowers ever!! We were thrilled to be a small part of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/15/2016

The Balcony Ballroom was amazing! The staff and hospitality were perfect. My guests have been talking about the venue for days! If I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely choose the Balcony Ballroom.

2016-12-16T11:29:24 Response from the vendor

You made our weekend with this review!!! Hope y'all are having a wonderful holiday season!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 China A

Everything was amazing! Vanessa helped us to have things organized And Mike was a more than amazing host. He took care is us as the bride & groom and also took care of our families. Every one of our guests gushed over the food and the overall beauty of everything! I would... Read More recommend the Balcoy Ballroom to all of my friends and family! Your wedding day will definitely be memorable!

2016-12-08T11:28:45 Response from the vendor

What a sweeties you are for writing this review!! Honored to have been a part of your amazing day;) xoBalcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Elizabeth B

Wow, is all I can say! If perfect is what you are looking for than look no futher than the Balcony. I've videoed many local weddings in the past 10 yrs, and I knew that the day I got married, the Balcony is where I wanted it to be. There was no need to look anywhere else. It is... Read More literally the full package & more. They met all of our needs & blew our expectations out the water. Literally, it was a fairy tale wedding. From the food, staff to the linens! My gosh, they took care of so much! The thing with the Balcony is that they include so much in their price that it ends up saving you so much money in the end. Not only does it save money, but they take care of all the food, decorations, dj, and security. Weddings are so stressful to plan & with all they handle for you, they saved me so much time wedding planning & i'm forever thankful for that. The night of my wedding, Mike was literally at the beck & and call or me & my husband. I couldn't believe how amazing he was. I didn't even have to ask him for anything, it was already done! They even had a play list for me, which saved me so much time. There is really no other place to even consider than the Balcony. I've literally had people text me constantly asking detailed questions about it for their future weddings, because they couldn't believe how awesome it was. The food was to die for. One bridesmaid texted me the next day saying, "I just couldn't stop eating. I was full, but it was just too good. You hit the wedding jackpot with this place." Seriously, the balcony is the perfect place & a cinderella's dream. I've never seen any place like it. Worth every dollar & the only thing you'll regret is not having your wedding there.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Maggie S

We had the most phenomenal experience at The Balcony Ballroom! Their impeccable customer service started at our first meeting and never stopped! They take the time to really listen to you and cater to your every wish. The staff, specially Mike and Vanesa, are so friendly to work... Read More with! You can truly tell that they care about their business and about making the wedding experience, one that you'll never forget. I've never seen a venue go above and beyond the way that they did for us. They were always one step ahead of us and ensured that we, our parents, bridal party, and our guests, had everything we needed and more! You can really tell that they take great pride in their venue and the service they provide. It is apparent in the way they take care of their facility and customers. The food was exceptional and plentiful - every single dish was delicious! The staff ensured that we received all of our gifts and items that we had brought to the venue were carefully packed into a specified vehicle. There were only two minor issues we noticed... One, that the DJ didn't play one or two of the songs we requested. Second, that the quotes I had selected for the projector had not been displayed as we discussed. These were minor concerns and did not truly effect the overall quality of our experience. Although they don't provide a cake, they did an exceptional job at cutting and serving the cake efficiently. They even individually wrapped each leftover piece of cake and sent it home with us in our goodie bag, with other snacks and even champagne! We have received so many compliments about how delicious, gorgeous and fun our reception was! We loved every minute of it and couldn't imagine having had our reception anywhere else! Thank you SO much for making our wedding such an unforgettable experience. Cheers, Maggie and Matt 11/11/2016

2016-11-18T17:07:49 Response from the vendor

Maggie, this review is absolutely one of the BEST and most important reviews we have ever received.....due solely to your wonderful honesty!! Sure, we can be praised for a job well done, but having you point out our GLITCHES is what gives your adoration and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Lauren L

I want to start off by saying that my wedding day was one of the best days in my entire life. Which is exactly the feeling that every new bride wants to experience. I attribute this the amazing Coordinators, Staff and Chefs at The Balcony Ballroom. I honestly don’t know where... Read More to start. Maybe with amazing attention to detail, to make my wedding unique and special in its own way. It could have also been the amazing service that made sure every second that I was there that I felt like a queen and my new husband a king and my close loved ones were treated like royalty at a coming out celebration of our love. The food was the main reason why I choose the Balcony Ballroom in the first place, it will blow your taste buds through the roof. Food to me is very important at a wedding. Then to have incredible wedding coordinators (Vanessa, Jay and Mike) handling my wedding making it flow like we practice this 100 times makes me feel like I hit the wedding jackpot, how could I have been so lucky to experience the trifecta of amazing service, delicious food, and a gorgeous venue. The Balcony Ballroom is by far one of the most stunning Venues I have ever set eyes upon, it is a mix between classic and modern, I could not have asked for the better backdrop to the first day to rest of my life. I will be forever grateful to The Balcony Ballroom for making my dreams come true.

2016-11-16T16:32:22 Response from the vendor

This is truly one of our most favorite reviews of all time!! We are SO GLAD that you chose us! Again, food and service is as important to you as it is to us on our wedding day;) THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the kind... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Chelsea P

There should be no doubt in your mind that The Balcony Ballroom is the place for your big day! Vanessa and Mike- my day could not have gone any more perfect because of these two . They are professionals, know this business better than anyone, they know how to make it all happen... Read More without you lifting a finger. Vanessa and Mike kept us on track, fed, full drinks, and most importantly made sure we had the time of our lives. Most brides say their reception goes by so fast that they don't remember much of it. But, I can thankfully say I remember every single moment because the staff at the Balcony had every detail taken care of before I walked in. This venue made sure my husband and I were in the moment and taking advantage of each minute we had that night. I NEVER had to worry at my reception, I was catered to like a queen. The venue is GORGEOUS. The food was the most talked about thing at our reception--3 weeks out and I still have guest raving about the food. The Balcony is the total package. I will forever have memories of the best day of my life at the best venue--hands down-- THE BEST.

2016-11-09T20:37:11 Response from the vendor

This is HANDS-DOWN the BEST review we have ever gotten.....seriously. Moving it to the TOP!!!! Thank you for being an organized, FUN, loving couple who really knows how to let loose and have a great time!! And most importantly, Thank you for choosing US!! So... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jalisa K

It was an awesome experience, EVERYONE enjoyed themselves. Mike and Vanessa were very hands on with me and my husband. I mostly enjoyed never having a empty cup. Lol Most definitely worth it, will make your wedding experience one to remember. I wish I could relive my night all... Read More over again.!!! Thanks again Balcony Ballroom.!!

2016-11-09T20:33:13 Response from the vendor

Y'all are the best!!! So sweet of you to write this review.....come back anytime to relive this day (we would love to see your smiling face!!!) xoBalcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer W

I can not say enough good things about the Balcony and Vanessa. You AND your family are taken care of 100% with the balcony. We were treated like royalty and everything went just like it was explained to us!

2016-10-31T00:04:31 Response from the vendor

Jennifer!!! Quit writing reviews and enjoy DISNEY!!!! ;) We LOVED having y'all......that tarentella was the best thing EVER!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!! Love to Jordan and your families. xoxoxBalcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Marybeth (Beth) D

If I could give them ten stars I would. Vanessa Jay and mike were so attentive to every detail. They kept us on schedule without being pushy, the food was fantastic and every guest said it was their favorite wedding they have ever been to - we had so much fun - our guests were... Read More happy - the setup was so beautiful and every detail was taken care of. Love love love the balcony

2016-10-31T00:08:35 Response from the vendor

First of all, we would LOVE 10 stars from you! What an honor! Secondly, we LOVE this review.....it is sometimes very hard to get everything done that the Bride and Groom would like to do WITHOUT seeming pushy, so we really appreciate these words. I'm... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brittany S

The balcony was amazing. My wedding was more than I could have ever expected. They took care of everything with the venue. They were always around making sure everything was going as planned. The food an drinks were amazing. I would recommend the balcony to anyone and everyone.... Read More They went over the top to make our day so special and everything we dreamed of and more. I didn't have a single problem.

2016-10-26T12:17:51 Response from the vendor

So sweet to post this here!! But I wouldn't expect anything less;) Treats coming in the mail;) xoxoBalcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jiah E

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The Balcony Ballroom is absolutely the place to get married! The ENTIRE staff was so attentive we didn't have to worry about a thing ! The food is sooooo good , Everything was just GORGEOUS!! We would DEFINITELY... Read More recommend any couple to get married at the Balcony Ballroom, there's no other venue that can compete,Money well spent! We LOVED everything! Thank you BALCONY BALLROOM! You guys are Awesomeeeeee ,love the EDWARDS 🙌🏽

2016-10-24T13:39:34 Response from the vendor

Jiah and Vincent!!!!!!!!!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL couple!! Thank you so much for choosing us.....your family is perfection! XO Vanessa and Jay and Mike

Johnny and Valerie Van Vrancken

Weddings are about families coming together to celebrate love, life and the beginning of forever. So it comes as no surprise that for over 40 years, this family-owned business has been the swellest setting for over 10,000 happily ever after’s. Now, their children, who grew up immersed in this rich familial culture of service and dedication are being handed the reins, bringing a fresh new perspective and vision to every event hosted at The Balcony Ballroom.