Book Your Wedding with Balcony Ballroom

The Balcony Ballroom, located in historic New Orleans, has a long-standing tradition of making dream weddings come true. The venue's open and elegant spaces give the location a very glamorous feeling. There is no need to worry about weather with the Balcony Ballroom's climate controlled location, which can host both the wedding ceremony and reception celebration. With the ample size and height of the ballroom, brides can rest assured that everything from the first dance to the bouquet toss can be seen by all of the wedding guests, so no one will miss a single moment of the special day.

Couples can customize the ballroom and its sky-high ceilings with their unique color palette and even hire a wedding design specialist to help ensure that all the details are spot-on. All of the food for the special day is made on site using only the freshest ingredients, and special dietary requests can be accommodated. The Balcony Ballroom is photo-ready with a self-contained photo area that is fully stocked with a bar, food, a bridal suite, full length mirrors, and restrooms. This means that stress-free photos can be taken on-site, eliminating the need to travel and miss out on the party.

This space can comfortably accommodate between 150 and 300 guests without sacrificing comfort or visibility. Its indoor location and covered drive mean that inclement weather is a non-issue, and on sunny days in the Big Easy, guests can enjoy a breath of fresh air in one of the adjoining outdoor areas without missing a thing, thanks to the state-of-the-art sound system.

The Balcony Ballroom allows couples to customize almost everything without extra fees. The event will be manned by the ballrooms white glove service. The location employees over 25 staff members who are professional, courteous, and committed to making every couple's wedding day magical. The site is set up mostly for the reception, but the ballroom can easily function as a ceremony space as well. There is an additional fee, however, to host both the ceremony and reception. A live band and a comfortable space for its members can be rented for an additional cost, but everything else is included in the base price of the package, excluding the cake.

Couples who decide to book the ballroom venue are treated to plenty of extras. The staff takes care of all of the details from set-up to cleanup. The events can last for three hours, not including set-up and cleanup time. Schedules are also very flexible, except that all events must end by midnight. Assets like design specialists and specialized menus are just a couple perks, and additional features include:

• Unique monograms designed by a specialist and displayed at the event
  • Self-contained photography area
  • Full catering services providing fresh food cooked on-site
  • Set-up and clean up handled by the staff
  • Customized menu for the Groom and Bride
  • Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres
  • Food bars and food stations, which allow guests to pick their food for the evening
  • Fully stocked bars
  • Private bridal suite
  • Custom linens
  • An array of light colors to choose from
  • Free parking
  • Security

Still madly in love with the business of love.

Couture-like elegance. Because your event should be as original as you are. With elegant open spaces, a brand new high-end lighting system with projections you can customize, and cuisine tailored-made to accommodate an array of dietary needs, your day will be just that – yours.

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

4738 Utica Street, Metairie, LA (504) 885-8001

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Kristen M

There aren’t words to describe how grateful I am for the entire staff at The Balcony Ballroom. What they manage is a special, detailed wedding experience, tailor made to suit your specific desires in an environment designed to relieve the pressure, headache and tediousness... Read More involved in planning a ceremony and reception. My entire family was taken care of from start to finish. My guests were all treated impeccably. I’ve heard from every, single person Ive spoken with since the wedding that our wedding was the most beautiful and fun wedding they’d ever been to, and everyone raved about the food and drinks!!! While the atmosphere and attention to detail are certainly a crucial piece of what Mike, Vanessa and Jay do, it’s truly their experience, expertise and their passion for what they do that make everything run so smoothly and truly makes you feel like your special day is special for them as well.

2018-02-04T14:40:03 Response from the vendor

This is truly the most phenomenal review ever written about us...ever. We sell ourselves short on our PASSION, but you have pointed it out in such a lovely light. Everyone works, or goes to a job everyday, but when your parents built this from the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Natasha C

I would rate The Balcony 5 Stars, 5 times over. Everything was perfect. They pulled everything together seamlessly. Two years of planning came together in creating the best day ever. Vanessa is amazing!! I want her to be a part of all of my events. Everyone was great. My guests... Read More are still raving. The food, the drinks, the decor, the hospitality, and just every aspect was carefully considered and flawlessly implemented. I can't say enough of good things about The Balcony and their entire staff. They really take over and take away any worries allowing you to enjoy the day to the fullest. I can't wait to come back as a guest!

2017-11-15T16:47:05 Response from the vendor

We can't wait until you come back as guests!!! It was a pleasure to serve you and Shane and your AWESOME friends!!! So happy you chose us to spend your special day with!! xoBB

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Lauren B

Hands down, choosing The Balcony Ballroom was the best decision of wedding planning. From the very beginning of looking at vendors, the staff and overall look of The Balcony made the biggest impression. One of our friends commented how calm we were the day before the wedding,... Read More and we told them that was absolutely because of The Balcony Ballroom- they handle everything! All we had to do was mention what we wanted, and they made our dream a reality. We received countless compliments from our guests about how much fun they had at the reception. There was nothing that could have been better on our wedding day, and we largely attribute that to The Balcony Ballroom.

2017-06-21T10:32:54 Response from the vendor

What a BRIGHT and CHEERY review to get on such a stormy and rainy day!! You really know how to lift our spirits during this terrible weather! Thanks again for choosing us....thrilled we could be there for the celebration! xoBB

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Megan J

I cannot begin to adequately rave about the Balcony Ballroom. We got married on 3/3/18 and I wish we could do it all again. The staff is incredible, Vanessa keeps everyone and everything on point, the food is top notch, and the music stays hot all night. The moment we walked... Read More into the Balcony, we knew this was our venue. Our night was absolutely amazing and I'm still incredibly sad that it went by so fast. They are the best in the business. I highly recommend them for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

2018-03-13T12:07:30 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet to write this review!! We are thrilled you chose us to celebrate your day with us...honored to conduct your ceremony here (how beautiful!!) Congrats....we can't wait to see you in the future!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Semonne A

From the moment we walked into Balcony Ballroom, we had a "this is it" feeling. The feeling was so strong and so mutual that we returned, the week of the tour, with the deposit. I could go on and on about how amazing my wedding was, how stress-free, detailed, welcoming, and... Read More professional all Balcony Ballroom staff were, but, I would like to highlight the most memorable parts. Vanessa and Mark were great from day one. Most of my communication was with Vanessa, and each time, I would receive some type of correspondence within 30 minutes. I met Mark the day before and he was on EVERYTHING. Vanessa and Mark's teamwork is ridiculous! They zapped away every piece of anxiety up until the day of the wedding. Food; always magnificent. Drinks; kept coming. Music was great even though I didn't get to hear many of the songs that I complied (money dance and a few others)- no one paid attention anyway. My husband and I couldn't stop smiling, dancing, and expressing our gratitude, because this SURPASSED our expectations. Our families were even speaking highly of the service and how the staff felt like family. Brides and grooms, this is the place! Take the time to plan your dream wedding and trust Vanessa, Mark, and the other wonderful members of the staff to make it all happen. All the stress and worry was worthless; but celebrating our union with Balcony Ballroom made us feel like we could do it all over again. Thank you for the organization, the professionalism, rolling with my 15 minutes of tardiness ,and the goody bag at the end of the night. It was truly #APierreAffair

2018-03-07T11:37:52 Response from the vendor

This is such an amazing review from such a wonderful woman! I would expect nothing less from y'all; you and Aaron and your parents were amazing. We really had such a lovely time celebrating your wedding. I think y'all have some friends getting married here... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Brittany S

We had our wedding reception at Balcony Ballroom in January 2018. We cannot say thank you enough to the staff at Balcony Ballroom for helping us put on such a wonderful event! Vanessa was so helpful from the first time we met with her until the very last minute of our reception.... Read More All of our guests raved about how good the food tasted. The staff were friendly and attentive. The Ballroom was clean and decorated beautifully. We would definitely recommend Balcony Ballroom to anyone searching for the perfect place for their wedding reception! Thank you again!

2018-02-14T12:37:07 Response from the vendor

We are so lucky that we get to work with people like you on your wedding day. Thank you for being amazing to serve.....your family and all of your friends were awesome. Tell Mom & Dad hello for us;) See you soon!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Alicia V

I cannot possibly say enough great things about this venue! What's even better than the amazing food, atmosphere, DJ and drinks are the people that work there. They took care of us all night long and were so attentive to the details that I didn't have to worry about a thing.... Read More They made sure our parents were taken care of too which meant a lot. This is really the BEST venue in the entire New Orleans area. Thanks Vanessa, Mike, Jay and Johnny for a wedding we'll never forget.

2018-01-05T09:55:18 Response from the vendor

We just posted your review today on FB. Nothing like starting the year with AWESOME PRAISE!! Thanks again for choosing us....we loved every moment;)

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Dominique S

Vanessa and Mike at The Balcony are amazing! They clearly know what they’re doing and make the whole process less stressful. The food is amazing and the venue is beautiful. I would highly recommend to anyone.

2017-11-07T15:03:37 Response from the vendor

A review from the future?!?! Amazing;) Don't know who to thank, but GRATEFUL for these amazing words. xoxoxoxoBB

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Victoria M

The food was amazing. The staff is AWESOME! I have been receiving calls since the day after my wedding saying how good of experience everyone had. Hands down best place to have a weeding.

2017-10-25T12:51:23 Response from the vendor

We were SO HAPPY you chose us!!! Loved celebrating with you!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Dawn M

Phenomenal Wedding.....WENT FLAWLESSLY...would not have requested to change anything!!

2017-10-24T11:34:33 Response from the vendor

We couldn't ask for anything more either....this review is flawless!!! xoBB

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nequel B

Thank you all for making our dream wedding a reality! Planning a wedding from out of state could become very stressful and I must say I had a few panic attacks along the way, but I was always assured that everything would be just fine and I can honestly say they were right!... Read More They made sure that everything was a smooth transition and very enjoyable on our big day! My guests and my husband and I enjoyed everything. They are so caring, and organized and that’s what I loved the most ! They are truly on it! The food was amazing, the service was amazing, they are just simply amazing :) I couldn’t have imagined my wedding elsewhere! ❤️ The Cleggetts

2017-10-20T11:32:14 Response from the vendor

What a SWEEEET review....but we would expect nothing less from y'all!! Your wedding was gorgeous, because you made it that way. From the flower girl to the Secondline.....perfection. Thank you so much for spending your day with us!! xoBB ps- your video is on YouTube;)

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kristen G

Booking our reception at the Balcony was hands down the best decision we made about our wedding! After visiting several venues, and scouring over dozens of websites, we felt very discouraged. Our biggest dream for our reception was to include everyone in our large families,... Read More without having to sacrifice service, food, bar, etc. After visiting the Balcony, and meeting with Vanessa, it was an absolute no-brainer. She was straightforward, honest, kind, and patient. We couldn't believe her when she explained all that would be included in the price per person. When we walked into the gorgeous ballroom, we were still in disbelief. Deciding to go with the Balcony immediately made our entire planning process a piece of cake. Every phone call and email was answered promptly and professionally. On the day, the service was incredible! My husband and I (and our parents) were pampered all throughout the party, and the food was AMAZING. Every effort was taken to turn our dream reception into a reality. We are so glad we chose the Balcony for our reception! Thank you so much Mike and Vanessa!!!!!! You helped us celebrate the happiest day of our lives, and we will never forget your warmth, kindness, and professionalism!!!!

2017-10-07T17:48:52 Response from the vendor

Kristen, We had so much fun working with you and Michael!! Your friends and family were a BLAST and the band was fabulous!!! The party had all the things to make it amazing. I will NEVER forget that cake topper, either....sensational!! Hope to see y'all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Shemeela H

The best hospitality ever!!!!

2017-09-26T13:29:38 Response from the vendor

I mean......we LOVE this review;) To the POINT!!! xoBB

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Keana D

The staff is amazing!! Vanessa is GREAT!! My day was perfect. The guest enjoyed everything! Food was very tasty. Exceeded my expectations.

2017-09-09T13:09:08 Response from the vendor

Short and sweet and to the YOU!!! I love it....thank you so much for choosing us....your guests and family we fabulous!!!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Casey B

All I need to say is WOW! The team at The Balcony are incredible! Mike, Vanessa, Jay: y'all were amazing from the first time I walked in the door: everytime I came by or called about a question I got an immediate answer, the way the activities moved along quickly and easily at... Read More the wedding was phenomenal, the food was incredible and everyone said they were just amazed by the number of options and not too mention the flavors! The DJ played a great variety of music and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. If something spilled during the evening, it may have lasted a few seconds on the floor before someone swooped in to clean it up. The beauty, the precision, the variety, the expediency, the quality,.. everything was beyond my dreams. I just can't express how grateful I am to the entire staff for making my wedding day the best day of my life. Thank you for everything. P.s. Vanessa, thank you for always being ready to re-bustle my dress when i shook it loose dancing!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Courtney S

So my husband and I got married at the Balcony on Aug 5th 2017. Let me just say that they EXCEEDED my expectations for my wedding venue. The entire staff is great, super organized, and on point! Vanessa talks super fast and you'll think she's missing something but I promise, she... Read More isn't. She's on top of every detail and if something is wrong or out of place -she'll fix it--asap. Mike is super chill and just gets stuff handled. He made sure to take care of me, the groom, and our parents the entire night! The food is amazing, and ALL of our guests keep talking about the food. My husband and I want to attend another event there just so we can eat. LOL The only critique I would give is that I wish they gave us more of the food that was passed around at the reception in our little "to go bag". Cause it was just that good. Brides-to-be if you're looking for a place --> This is IT! Huge THANKS to the ENTIRE staff at the Balcony ! Yall were simply amazing and made our big day INCREDIBLE

2017-08-28T08:40:53 Response from the vendor

One of our FAVORITE reviews!!!! Not only is it GREAT, but it made us giggle!! (I, Vanessa, promise to speak more slowly :-) Again, thank you for allowing us to celebrate with y' honored to be a teeny part of this day with such an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Melissa C

We knew we wanted to have our reception at The Balcony from the very first wedding we attended there. We have been to so many weddings together over the years and The Balcony was consistently our favorite place. Three days after our engagement we went to The Balcony and... Read More immediately knew it would be the perfect place for us. The staff at The Balcony consistently made our experience leading up to our reception so easy. The night of our wedding was amazing. Everything ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about anything! We truly enjoyed the night by dancing and eating - the two things we wanted to do the most of on our wedding night. Our families have nothing but wonderful things to say about our reception. Mike, Vanessa, and the staff paid attention to every little detail, including providing us with an Uber Black and a little gift bag of food after our arranged ride plans fell through. We would recommend The Balcony to anyone! It truly is the best.

2017-08-28T08:44:34 Response from the vendor

We are truly honored to have had you choose us for your big day! We know y'all have been here a bunch for other events, but we were pretty excited to get to spend some time with the two of you on YOUR wedding day.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Sophie P

We had the best night of our lives. There's not much more to be said. I can't imagine a wedding reception anywhere else besides the balcony. We were treated like royalty when we booked the venue over 2 years prior to the wedding and on our wedding night they exceeded our... Read More expectations and made the entire night so special. Mike and Vanessa were flawless and the entire staff down to Jacob were personable and social with all of the guests. It's not just the food and drinks that make the balcony special it's the professionalism of all of the staff and the experience servicing couples for decades. Our friends and family from the panhandle of Florida to the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain will be talking of this venue for a very long time. We can't thank y'all enough and hope we have friends choose this venue soon so we can be guests!

2017-07-26T10:34:38 Response from the vendor

We had such an amazing time with you and your family and your guests. Such a fun crowd, all there to celebrate such a fun couple. We loved that nothing got in your way of a good time. Thanks again for posting another sweet.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Wesley and Rhonda B

Balcony Ballroom - Where do we begin? Once we began planning our daughter's wedding, we knew one of the most important decisions would be the venue. It's no secret that the reception is how many of your guests base their overall opinion of the wedding day. Having had our own... Read More wedding reception at the Balcony 32 years ago, we knew what to expect: exceptional service, great food, and a courteous and accommodating staff but still there were concerns. This was the first and only reception we would host as parents of the bride. It was important to us that ALL of our guests enjoy the experience, not just the bridal party or family members. We did the research and concluded that the Balcony Ballroom was not only the best choice for us, it was the only choice that we felt would exceed the expectations we had set - and did you ever do just that. Michael - you are a rarity. We can't imagine having this reception without you being a part of it from the initial meeting until driving away at the end of the night. Not only are you someone who promised to make the event special, you did it. You were not only receptive to our special requests, you went out of your way to make sure they would happen. The donut tower would not have become a reality had you not personally made time to get the product there for us. The display surpassed what we anticipated and we have received many complements on the work. The setup of the cornhole boards for the guests to sign was perfect. Many other venues would have said no to this different way of having guests sign in but you made it happen. You guided us along the way but never did we feel that we could not have or do something we really wanted and that was very much appreciated. Not only did you fulfill your duties to the fullest but you also took the responsibility for other vendors who failed to fulfill their own obligations just to make sure that we were not disappointed with any aspect of the reception. We thank you for that. The food flowed continuously and still two weeks later we hear how great it was and how beautiful the ballroom is. Those that have not been at the Balcony for over fifteen years were amazed how you have surpassed the high standards set all those years ago and our out of town guests and family who had never been to the Balcony before were amazed by its beauty and elegance . This wedding was a result of many decisions over a sixteen month period. Our decision to have this reception at the Balcony Ballroom was likely the best we made. Thank you for being a part of our daughter's wedding day, making it so special for her and her husband, and most of all for making the entire process stress free for us. We will refer you to all of our friends and family - you made us feel special. Thank you so much!

2017-07-26T10:44:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Wesley & Rhonda, for this stupendous review! We were truly honored that you chose to trust us for this extravagant affair....having history with a family makes our jobs that much more special. And Mike is blushing over glad he was so praised... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Danielle B

The balcony was amazing! The food and service were wonderful and always accommodating especially to the bride and groom, parents and guests. Everything was perfect and we had no problems whatsoever.

2017-07-17T14:35:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooooooooo much for all of the STARS!! We are so glad we were able to celebrate with your family! xoBalcony Ballroom

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Sharena W

My husband just left a review, but everything was so great, I decided to leave one as well. Although I am a New Orleans native, I no longer reside there. I wanted to have a wedding in my hometown but, as you can imagine, it's pretty hard to plan when you live out of state. The... Read More Balcony Ballroom relieved at least 85% of my stress easily. From decor, to food, to attentiveness, and execution, I cannot express how great everything was! About 90% of my guests travelled from out of town and had never experienced New Orleans and a New Orleans wedding. Needless to say, everyone was blown away and had an amazing time. Vanessa, Mike, Jay, and the entire staff exceeded expectations. My husband and I couldn't have picked a better venue. Thank you SO much for making our wedding an unforgettable experience!

2017-05-24T10:31:49 Response from the vendor

Y'all are the best!! REVIEWS everywhere!!!!!!! LOVE this #powercouple!!! Wish we had couples like you everyday!!!! xoBB

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Miranda C

On Friday, May 12th Dallas and I had our wedding ceremony & reception here and to say it was outstanding would be an understatement ! The staff was perfect ! They're extremely professional and skilled. Every one of our guests raved over how amazing the food was and how beautiful... Read More the wedding was! Mike, Vanessa, and Jay, thank you and your staff so much for making our wedding day so perfect, and going above and beyond, you guys are the real deal!

2017-05-17T12:28:58 Response from the vendor

We could not imagine working with a more amazing couple!! The wedding party was amazing, your parents were incredible and the dancing was off the charts!! We were honored to serve so many amazing people and such an outstanding couple. Thank you for choosing us!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ashley S

The staff was very professional and helpful.Thank you guys for everything, you have really turned our dream wedding into a reality.It was absolutely beautiful

2017-05-08T18:02:42 Response from the vendor

You were are DREAM couple!! So glad we got to celebrate with y'all;) xoBB

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Jessica E

What a BLAST! My husband and I, and all our guests, are still raving about how great The Balcony Ballroom was! First of all, you guys treated us like royalty and made sure every detail was on point and taken care of. I never had to worry about anything when it came to the... Read More reception, you guys were always so receptive and responsive to all my questions! Secondly, the food was absolutely amazing. Mike was so great the whole night and really took care of us and our parents. We didn't want the night to end and wish we could re-live it again and again! Thank you guys for making our night so so special, it was perfect and we would HIGHLY recommend you guys to anyone!

2017-05-02T12:41:51 Response from the vendor

What an awesome review.....the excitement is jumping off the page!! You and your family were a treat to work with, so it makes our job easy. Thank you for celebrating with us, and I'll make sure to pass on your shout-out to Mike....he loves those;)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Ann Marie C

Our reception was perfection from start to finish. Our wedding was over a month ago, but we still have friends gushing about how much fun they had. It's a beautiful place with delicious and plentiful food and the best customer service you can find. If we had to do it all over... Read More again, we wouldn't change a thing.

2017-05-01T12:45:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all of the STAAAAARS!! So happy we could celebrate with y'all;) The BB

Johnny and Valerie Van Vrancken (with Vanessa, Jay, and Mike

Weddings are about families coming together to celebrate love, life and the beginning of forever. So it comes as no surprise that for over 40 years, this family-owned business has been the swellest setting for over 10,000 happily ever after’s. Now, their children, who grew up immersed in this rich familial culture of service and dedication are being handed the reins, bringing a fresh new perspective and vision to every event hosted at The Balcony Ballroom.