Ballantyne Country Club

Food + Catering

11120 Ballantyne Crossing Aven, Charlotte, NC

Most amazing day ever

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Stephanie C

Ballantyne country club was phenomenal! My husband and I would not have changed a thing! Emily was fantastic to work with and made the day of so flawless! All of our guests were talking about the wonderful food! Everything is taken care of from the drinks to cake to appetizers... Read More and entrees! The facility is breathtaking! All the staff were so helpful the entire day and evening! All of the other vendors they recommended were wonderful as well (florist and photographer). They also arranged a golf tournament for the groomsmen and dads on Friday which was a blast! All in all, we wouldn't have changed a thing and would highly recommend BCC for anyone planning a wedding!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2013 Amber N

First of all, the staff was so great. They were so friendly and practically invisible in the best possible way. The food was sooooo delicious.

Amazing venue with exceptional staff!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Kelly W

When my husband and I moved up to Charlotte, NC about a year and a half ago we really wanted to have our wedding in the mountains. However, after months of searching and not finding a venue that suited us and our budget, we expanded our search include the city of Charlotte - and... Read More I am so glad we did! The Ballantyne Country Club was exactly what we were looking for - beautiful exterior with lots of options for an outdoor ceremony, stunning and sophisticated interior reception spaces, and best of all - our event coordinator, Emily! Throughout the entire process Emily always made us feel like a priority. She and the staff were very accommodating of all our requests and the special needs of our older guests. Any wedding is bound to have a few minor hiccups and Emily handled them quickly, flawlessly, and gracefully. For example, one problem that surfaced was actually a mistake made on our part. My husband and brother-in-law had a miscommunication regarding a few of the guests' entree choices which translated into a handful of guests not receiving the meal they thought they ordered. However, Emily and the staff quickly corrected our mistake with smiles on their faces. The guests were happy and I was relieved. I don't know what we would have done without Emily! She was a wedding day lifesaver! Our guests are still saying how beautiful the wedding and reception were! Thank you to Emily and all of the staff that took care of us on our special day - for all the care and dedication to us and our vision that was given from the moment we walked into the venue to the moment we left as newlyweds.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Victoria C

I am not sure I can explain with words how incredible Amanda McCleery and the BCC staff was on my wedding day. I was an absolute wreck as I got married the weekend of Hurricane Matthew was in town and my wedding was planned for outside. The night before the wedding, with no... Read More hurricane end in sight, the staff decided to move everything inside for me with no hesitation. We had the whole dining space with dance floor and everything. I was floored, I cried right there on the spot. Amanda went above and beyond day of to decorate the space. It looked breathtaking. I could not be more thankful for them and what they did for me to make my day special despite the weather. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I am certain they will go above and beyond to make all of your dreams come true! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Tiffany P

I worked primarily with Amanda to put together our wedding and she was awesome!! The whole staff was so pleasant and accommodating to all our requests. Amanda responded to emails promptly and was flexible with last minute changes. I had my bridal portrait done on site and even... Read More though I was running late for my appointment with my photographer they were still able to allow me to shoot on the premises and the pics turned out perfectly. All the guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food tasted. The only hiccup in the night was that it was pretty warm during the reception (everyone looked sweaty but glowing in our pics), but I can't completely fault Ballantyne for that considering it was a steamy hot day in July, it was a pretty large party, and we danced up a storm. Lastly, Emily coordinated on our actual wedding day and she was great! If there were any issues behind the scenes I absolutely was unaware of it, so I was able to really enjoy my wedding day without having to deal with problems. I couldn't recommend Ballantyne any higher!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

I would 100% refer this venue to anyone I know. The event directors and staff were so professional, the food was outstanding, and the space was just breathtaking. I loved having the option to use both the outdoor and indoor space. My contact was extremely knowledgeable,... Read More creative, and attentive...I couldn't have asked for more guidance if I wanted to. The entire process was stress fee and every time I walked in to this club I knew I made the right decision! I wouldn't change a thing and will continue to recommend this incredible venue and staff to anyone I know! My wedding was THE BEST DAY EVER and I know it was all because of the Ballantyne Country Club!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Jill B

Two weeks ago my daughter got married at the Ballantyne Country Club and it was spectacular. From the very beginning the staff made us feel comfortable.Every time I walked into the club to go over the details I felt like we made the best choice.Emily Burgholzer the events... Read More manager and was a pleasure to work with . She was very personable,professional and patience.The staff,service,food and venue was great. You know when an event is successful when you go over the night in your mind and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Lindsey B

Ballantyne Country Club was the most perfect venue for our wedding. The atmosphere, service, food, professionalism, their team, and their attention to detail made our wedding perfect.Emily and Amanda were PERFECT, HELPFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and THE BEST DUO A BRIDE COULD ASK FOR.... Read More Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for making our day one that we will always cherish.T Both of you went above and beyond I will be forever grateful. The food was incredible! It is so hard to make amazing food for that many people but they pulled it off. The room looked like a fairy tale and it was beyond my wildest dreams. If anyone asks me where to host an event in Charlotte, NC the Ballantyne Country Club is #1 on my list. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016

Besides the Ballantyne country Club being a beautiful venue and Danielle, the wedding events manager being quite helpful in organizing the details, my experience the day of my daughter's wedding was quite disappointing. The food quality overall was good but portions were small... Read More for the plated dinners. They could have been more generous with the salad and side-items. Most annoying were the servers constantly trying to remove everything from your table. As soon as you would go to dance or talk with someone, They would take your food/drink and utensils without your permission. They took my champagne, water, half of my beef tenderloin, butter, rolls, and coffee without asking. Many of my guests had the same experience. But most disappointing of all, at the end of the night, I told the clean-up staff that I wanted my several large flower arrangements worth over $2000. The gentleman I talked to rolled the cart to the front so I could load these into my car. I quickly loaded some other items first but when I came back to get the flowers, they had taken them and thrown them away! With all that said, if choosing this venue, I would suggest you get the buffet so your guest don't go home hungry and take any items before the conclusion of the event - including bathroom baskets, cookies, and personal items, or they will disappear or be thrown away! Sincerely, Mother-of-the -bride

Amazing Venue but some disappointments

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Shelby

We worked closely with Lauren during the planning of our wedding, Everything was beautiful the day of our wedding but we did deal with a bunch of hiccups along the way, It was very stressful and at times I just wanted to break down and cry. In the end, I had the wedding of my... Read More dreams and it was beautiful.I did have to do the setting up myself and I didnt get much help from staff but the cordinating was awesome and they did make sure everything was on time and precise. My parents did experience a few problems with being rushed out after we left, and some of our things disappered but other than that everything went well, all and all, I would recommend this venue.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Erica T

My husband and I had our wedding at the Ballantyne Country Club in July and it was everything we could have dreamed of! The BCC fulfilled our wishlist and more of what a perfect wedding should be like. Growing up in a family where my father was the general manager of a prestige... Read More club in New York, having a venue that would meet our expectations would have been difficult but BCC met them and more. There would have not been a better place to have my wedding at other than BCC. Emily was amazing to work with! She was with us every step of the way. She made our visions come true. Having a wedding that was at BCC max capacity, the layout of the dining rooms and dance floor in the grand foyer made our wedding feel intimate and perfect. The decor was amazing and what a wedding should be! Even though she was on vacation the weekend of our wedding, Lauren did an amazing job in her place. It felt like we have been coordinating the wedding with her the whole time. The entire BCC team was amazing. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding.

Crystal Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Jasmina B

The locations was beautiful,The food was great, Anitta Coordinated my wedding on that day, and her customer service was terrible. My guest complained about her attitude on that day, they said she looked unorganized. I was the bride so she was kind to me. But I dont appreciate... Read More how she acted towards my guest that day. The other manager on Duty was so polite and nice to everyone. My bar was suppose to be open for two hours that was included in my package and i heard it was only open for 1hr and 30mns.

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Julia R

great to work with!

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Chelsea W

Absolute wonderful place to have your wedding outdoor and the cocktail hour on the veranda, we had the reception and dinner indoor and it was picture perfect and the staff was accommodating. We had such a great time that we ended up staying for another hour at the end and they... Read More gave us a discounted rate since we didnt have as many people there at the end. Everything was great!

Reviewed on 3/23/2011 Sarah R

Ballantyne country club were incredible! The event planner met with us as many times as we needed to calm our nerves and make sure everything was taken care of! They also accommodated all of our nontraditional and quirky requests, which was great! On the day of they were so... Read More helpful! They checked on us regularly and took care of any problems that arose! I would recommend them to every bride and groom I know!