Ballantyne Country Club

Charlotte, NC

Book Your Wedding with Ballantyne Country Club

A BALLROOM IN CHARLOTTE, NC

The Ballantyne Country Club is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. It features an elegant clubhouse with a brick exterior, private balconies and large bay windows. The clubhouse is situated on acres of rolling green hills accented with well-manicured gardens, decorative water features and towering trees. This venue also features an 18-hole golf course that has acres of meticulously maintained lawns. There are a number of special event spaces available for small or medium-sized ceremonies and receptions.

The Main Dining Room. The Main Dining Room is the largest special event facility at this venue. It can accommodate up to 300 guests for a standing cocktail-style reception. For those who prefer a seated reception, it can comfortably seat up to 220 guests without a dance floor or 165 guests with a dance floor. It features high ceilings and customized floor and ceiling lighting that gives the space an inviting ambience.

The Stephenson Room. The Stephenson Room is a smaller event space. It can accommodate up to 100 standing guests or 50 seated guests with room for a small dance floor. This room has large windows that look out over the golf course, as well as one of the ponds on the course.

The Governor's Room. The Governor's Room is an intimate space for those who want a small ceremony or reception with just a handful of guests. It has enough space for up to 25 standing guests or 18 seated guests. This room has a neutral color scheme, so couples can easily customize it with their own decorations.

The Entrance Lawn. The Entrance Lawn is a popular outdoor ceremony spot. It is along the side entrance to the clubhouse and it has enough space for 300 guests. This lawn looks out over the golf course and it also has a clear view of one of the largest ponds on the property.

Ballantyne Country Club provides all food and beverage services for weddings. They have a catering team on site and this team creates customized menus that suit the needs of each wedding. Couples can choose to just serve appetizers and drinks, a buffet-style meal or a multi-course seated meal.

This venue provides all seating for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Couples can choose round or rectangular tables and there are spare tables available for a cake cutting station and a place for guests to put presents. This venue offers standard white table linens, but couples can bring in their own linens if they prefer.

Wedding parties are permitted to bring in their own decorations, but all decorations must be approved by venue management before they are put up. No decorations that could potentially damage the facility or grounds are permitted. This includes glitter, confetti, rice and birdseed.

Ballantyne Country Club is a beautiful venue and it offers wedding parties a number of extra perks that can make their special day more enjoyable.

• Golf packages available
  • Tennis courts on site
  • Golf and tennis lessons available
  • 24-hour gym and fitness center
  • Access to nearby hiking trails
  • Photo booth rentals available

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering

11120 Ballantyne Crossing Aven, Charlotte, NC (704) 544-1404

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Victoria C

I am not sure I can explain with words how incredible Amanda McCleery and the BCC staff was on my wedding day. I was an absolute wreck as I got married the weekend of Hurricane Matthew was in town and my wedding was planned for outside. The night before the wedding, with no... Read More hurricane end in sight, the staff decided to move everything inside for me with no hesitation. We had the whole dining space with dance floor and everything. I was floored, I cried right there on the spot. Amanda went above and beyond day of to decorate the space. It looked breathtaking. I could not be more thankful for them and what they did for me to make my day special despite the weather. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I am certain they will go above and beyond to make all of your dreams come true! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kylee B

I can't say enough about the entire staff at Ballantyne Country a club! Amanda was extremely helpful and flexible through every step of the planning process. We had planned to have our big day outside on the lawn but on the day of, the weather forecasts did not look promising. I... Read More was incredibly disappointed when we made the call to have the ceremony inside. I made the decision not to look at the ceremony space until it was time to walk down the aisle! I must say that I was very impressed at how the space inside turned out. It was beautiful and very intimate. It's an atmosphere that I don't think we would have had outside! After the ceremony, Amanda personally came to me and made sure I got a quick bite before the reception. The food at the reception was DELICIOUS - even our donut wall was perfect! The donut wall alone was so impressive because not only did it look great, it tasted great! The whole experience was amazing. Truly an amazing day!! I would highly recommend this venue, and staff, to any bride!

2017-10-27T11:40:34 Response from the vendor

We are still dreaming of that donut wall!! We loved working with you and Austin on your special day!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Melinda S

We are so grateful we chose Ballantyne Country Club for our wedding! From our first meeting with Amanda, we knew we were going to be well taken care of and our experience did not disappoint! Amanda ensured that the food and beverage we selected matched our vision for the event... Read More and she spent hours with my family ensuring we were comfortable with our choices. Luckily, the weather agreed with us on our wedding day so we were able to take advantage of the beautiful outdoor space for our cocktail hour and dancing. With the market lighting, patios, and beautifully manicured event lawn, Ballantyne Country Club has the best outdoor event space in Charlotte!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Casey K

Having our wedding was an absolute dream at BCC! Amanda was wonderful and went above and beyond to answer our questions and accommodate us throughout the entire process. Wedding planning is a very overwhelming process, but Amanda took away so much of the stress! Our wedding day... Read More was beyond perfect and we owe it to BCC!

2017-12-01T14:56:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share those kind words. We had a blast planning with you!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Laura C

When we first arrived to the Ballantyne Country Club, we were blown away by their beautiful views and decided to select them as our wedding ceremony and reception venue. We had high customer service expectations for our special day and figured that they would provide us with... Read More it since they are a prestigious private club. Regrettably, Amanda Mccleery was assigned as our wedding coordinator. The planning process was difficult and stressful because she is highly incompetent. She failed to read emails, follow instructions, not to mention her constat attitude problem when we needed to make changes or simply asked questions. We always felt as if she never took our wedding seriously. It got to the point where we wanted to have a new coordinator assigned to us, but we were so close to the big day that we did not have the time to put a new person up to speed. The coordinator decided to go on vacation the entire week prior to our wedding which made us incredibly uncomfortable. The day of the wedding she was rude and her negative attitude was so noticeable that even our family members commented on it. We never really understood why she had this approach but it was unfair, disrespectful and disappointing. No one should be treated this way on their special day. If you decide to have your wedding celebration here, which does not come with a cheap price tag, ensure to ask for a different coordinator. On the other side, the venue is beautiful and the food is great!

2017-11-21T13:55:33 Response from the vendor

Hi Laura, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I did try to call you directly but unfortunately you did not have an interest in speaking with me over the phone. I oversee the Event Department and I am proud of our team... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Charlene M

I previous had my wedding at the Ballatyne Country club 9/23/2017. The place is stunning . The food was awesome. From the start of the planning and the day of the wedding Amanda was awesome and Kept me calm throughout. She was always on point returned every phone call and email... Read More in a timely matter. Randy was amazing as well along with the whole BCC staff. If your are looking for a venue for a wedding this would be the place.

2017-10-27T11:41:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Charlene. We really enjoyed working with you and your families!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Allie H

We just recently had our wedding at BCC and I can honestly say it was the best decision we could have possibly made. Having our wedding here was literally easier than breathing! Amanda and Randi took care of absolutely everything and helped us fill in the details for every part... Read More of our day. We are still getting tagged, texted and posted on stuff from all of our friends and family saying how much fun they had and how amazing the food was! (Go for the cupcakes... huge fan favorite!) Amanda even jumped in to help us on last minute issues with our vendors to make sure they were not stressing us out before our big day! There was not one single thing that could have gone better on our day and the whole team certainly made it the Best Day Ever for us! Thank you!

2017-10-24T14:42:43 Response from the vendor

Thank You! We loved being a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Joan P

Thank you for the outstanding service we received on 5/27/17. Every encounter we had with Amanda and the staff along the way was an absolute pleasure. It was wonderful as the mother of the bride to relax and know that she had all the details under control. I feel very lucky... Read More that we had a true professional attending to this important event! The detailed notes Amanda took surprised me! I had actually forgotten some of the items we mentioned until she brought them up at our final meeting. Bravo! All went off exquisitely. The staff was amazing, as always. We feel like we have lifelong friends at BCC and only wish we had another daughter to marry so we could use them and all the staff again!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Tiffany P

I worked primarily with Amanda to put together our wedding and she was awesome!! The whole staff was so pleasant and accommodating to all our requests. Amanda responded to emails promptly and was flexible with last minute changes. I had my bridal portrait done on site and even... Read More though I was running late for my appointment with my photographer they were still able to allow me to shoot on the premises and the pics turned out perfectly. All the guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food tasted. The only hiccup in the night was that it was pretty warm during the reception (everyone looked sweaty but glowing in our pics), but I can't completely fault Ballantyne for that considering it was a steamy hot day in July, it was a pretty large party, and we danced up a storm. Lastly, Emily coordinated on our actual wedding day and she was great! If there were any issues behind the scenes I absolutely was unaware of it, so I was able to really enjoy my wedding day without having to deal with problems. I couldn't recommend Ballantyne any higher!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

I would 100% refer this venue to anyone I know. The event directors and staff were so professional, the food was outstanding, and the space was just breathtaking. I loved having the option to use both the outdoor and indoor space. My contact was extremely knowledgeable,... Read More creative, and attentive...I couldn't have asked for more guidance if I wanted to. The entire process was stress fee and every time I walked in to this club I knew I made the right decision! I wouldn't change a thing and will continue to recommend this incredible venue and staff to anyone I know! My wedding was THE BEST DAY EVER and I know it was all because of the Ballantyne Country Club!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Jill B

Two weeks ago my daughter got married at the Ballantyne Country Club and it was spectacular. From the very beginning the staff made us feel comfortable.Every time I walked into the club to go over the details I felt like we made the best choice.Emily Burgholzer the events... Read More manager and was a pleasure to work with . She was very personable,professional and patience.The staff,service,food and venue was great. You know when an event is successful when you go over the night in your mind and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Lindsey B

Ballantyne Country Club was the most perfect venue for our wedding. The atmosphere, service, food, professionalism, their team, and their attention to detail made our wedding perfect.Emily and Amanda were PERFECT, HELPFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and THE BEST DUO A BRIDE COULD ASK FOR.... Read More Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for making our day one that we will always cherish.T Both of you went above and beyond I will be forever grateful. The food was incredible! It is so hard to make amazing food for that many people but they pulled it off. The room looked like a fairy tale and it was beyond my wildest dreams. If anyone asks me where to host an event in Charlotte, NC the Ballantyne Country Club is #1 on my list. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016

Besides the Ballantyne country Club being a beautiful venue and Danielle, the wedding events manager being quite helpful in organizing the details, my experience the day of my daughter's wedding was quite disappointing. The food quality overall was good but portions were small... Read More for the plated dinners. They could have been more generous with the salad and side-items. Most annoying were the servers constantly trying to remove everything from your table. As soon as you would go to dance or talk with someone, They would take your food/drink and utensils without your permission. They took my champagne, water, half of my beef tenderloin, butter, rolls, and coffee without asking. Many of my guests had the same experience. But most disappointing of all, at the end of the night, I told the clean-up staff that I wanted my several large flower arrangements worth over $2000. The gentleman I talked to rolled the cart to the front so I could load these into my car. I quickly loaded some other items first but when I came back to get the flowers, they had taken them and thrown them away! With all that said, if choosing this venue, I would suggest you get the buffet so your guest don't go home hungry and take any items before the conclusion of the event - including bathroom baskets, cookies, and personal items, or they will disappear or be thrown away! Sincerely, Mother-of-the -bride

Amazing Venue but some disappointments

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Shelby

We worked closely with Lauren during the planning of our wedding, Everything was beautiful the day of our wedding but we did deal with a bunch of hiccups along the way, It was very stressful and at times I just wanted to break down and cry. In the end, I had the wedding of my... Read More dreams and it was beautiful.I did have to do the setting up myself and I didnt get much help from staff but the cordinating was awesome and they did make sure everything was on time and precise. My parents did experience a few problems with being rushed out after we left, and some of our things disappered but other than that everything went well, all and all, I would recommend this venue.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Erica T

My husband and I had our wedding at the Ballantyne Country Club in July and it was everything we could have dreamed of! The BCC fulfilled our wishlist and more of what a perfect wedding should be like. Growing up in a family where my father was the general manager of a prestige... Read More club in New York, having a venue that would meet our expectations would have been difficult but BCC met them and more. There would have not been a better place to have my wedding at other than BCC. Emily was amazing to work with! She was with us every step of the way. She made our visions come true. Having a wedding that was at BCC max capacity, the layout of the dining rooms and dance floor in the grand foyer made our wedding feel intimate and perfect. The decor was amazing and what a wedding should be! Even though she was on vacation the weekend of our wedding, Lauren did an amazing job in her place. It felt like we have been coordinating the wedding with her the whole time. The entire BCC team was amazing. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding.

Most amazing day ever

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Stephanie C

Ballantyne country club was phenomenal! My husband and I would not have changed a thing! Emily was fantastic to work with and made the day of so flawless! All of our guests were talking about the wonderful food! Everything is taken care of from the drinks to cake to appetizers... Read More and entrees! The facility is breathtaking! All the staff were so helpful the entire day and evening! All of the other vendors they recommended were wonderful as well (florist and photographer). They also arranged a golf tournament for the groomsmen and dads on Friday which was a blast! All in all, we wouldn't have changed a thing and would highly recommend BCC for anyone planning a wedding!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 3/02/2013 Amber N

First of all, the staff was so great. They were so friendly and practically invisible in the best possible way. The food was sooooo delicious.

Amazing venue with exceptional staff!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Kelly W

When my husband and I moved up to Charlotte, NC about a year and a half ago we really wanted to have our wedding in the mountains. However, after months of searching and not finding a venue that suited us and our budget, we expanded our search include the city of Charlotte - and... Read More I am so glad we did! The Ballantyne Country Club was exactly what we were looking for - beautiful exterior with lots of options for an outdoor ceremony, stunning and sophisticated interior reception spaces, and best of all - our event coordinator, Emily! Throughout the entire process Emily always made us feel like a priority. She and the staff were very accommodating of all our requests and the special needs of our older guests. Any wedding is bound to have a few minor hiccups and Emily handled them quickly, flawlessly, and gracefully. For example, one problem that surfaced was actually a mistake made on our part. My husband and brother-in-law had a miscommunication regarding a few of the guests' entree choices which translated into a handful of guests not receiving the meal they thought they ordered. However, Emily and the staff quickly corrected our mistake with smiles on their faces. The guests were happy and I was relieved. I don't know what we would have done without Emily! She was a wedding day lifesaver! Our guests are still saying how beautiful the wedding and reception were! Thank you to Emily and all of the staff that took care of us on our special day - for all the care and dedication to us and our vision that was given from the moment we walked into the venue to the moment we left as newlyweds.

Crystal Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Jasmina B

The locations was beautiful,The food was great, Anitta Coordinated my wedding on that day, and her customer service was terrible. My guest complained about her attitude on that day, they said she looked unorganized. I was the bride so she was kind to me. But I dont appreciate... Read More how she acted towards my guest that day. The other manager on Duty was so polite and nice to everyone. My bar was suppose to be open for two hours that was included in my package and i heard it was only open for 1hr and 30mns.

Great!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Julia R

great to work with!

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Chelsea W

Absolute wonderful place to have your wedding outdoor and the cocktail hour on the veranda, we had the reception and dinner indoor and it was picture perfect and the staff was accommodating. We had such a great time that we ended up staying for another hour at the end and they... Read More gave us a discounted rate since we didnt have as many people there at the end. Everything was great!

amazing!

Reviewed on 3/23/2011 Sarah R

Ballantyne country club were incredible! The event planner met with us as many times as we needed to calm our nerves and make sure everything was taken care of! They also accommodated all of our nontraditional and quirky requests, which was great! On the day of they were so... Read More helpful! They checked on us regularly and took care of any problems that arose! I would recommend them to every bride and groom I know!