Ballroom at the Ben

Philadelphia, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Ballroom at the Ben

A BALLROOM IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

Finley Catering, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers several locations for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers and other wedding related events. The available locations range from traditional ballrooms to expansive lawns, making Finley Catering a versatile catering option for couples hosting a formal wedding in Philadelphia. Finley Catering is the preferred caterer for several indoor and outdoor locations in the Philadelphia area.

Ballroom at the Ben. Ballroom at the Ben is a formal ballroom with chandelier lighting and a mezzanine overlooking the ballroom for prefunction cocktails. This space is an option for ceremonies and receptions with up to 1,000 attendees.

Crystal Tea Room. The Crystal Tea Room offers an atrium and a formal ballroom with columns, chandelier lighting and a dance floor. This space accommodates up to 900 guests.

Union Trust. Union Trust is a historic location with high ceilings and chandelier lighting, along with several indoor spaces for ceremonies and receptions. In the formal ballroom, Union Trust accommodates up to 180 guests. Several other spaces are available for more intimate events.

The Clothier Room. The Clothier Room has traditional decor, chandelier lighting and a dance floor. A patio is available for uncovered, outdoor ceremonies and receptions or the ballroom is available for the event. The Clothier Room accommodates up to 500 guests outdoors or up to 250 guests at an indoor event.

Ballroom at Ellis Preserve. The Ballroom at Ellis Preserve is a traditional space with Greek Revival-style architecture. Couples can host the ceremony outdoors on the lawn before moving into the ballroom for a seated reception. Indoor ceremonies are also an option.

Couples interested in hosting an event at any location offered by Finley Catering should contact the caterer directly. All food and beverages are provided by Finley Catering. Food options include plated dinners, hot and cold stations, butler-passed hor d'oeuvres, and sit-down or buffet-style dinners. The wedding cake, desserts and bar packages are also included. The site fee at the Ballroom at the Ben, the Crystal Tea Room and Union Trust includes linens, tables, chairs, glassware, setup, cleanup, and many additional items. Couples should consult with Finley Catering or the chosen venue to determine which items to provide for the event.

Finley Catering offers a range of locations for the ceremony and reception, along with a range of catering options for the event. Benefits of choosing a location offered by Finley Catering include:

• Ability to select venue based on personal tastes and theme of wedding
  • Custom wedding cake provided by local bakery included with catering
  • Flexible, professional staff assist in planning and hosting event for a flawless day

Simply the Best..

Finley Catering is the exclusive caterer to the CRYSTAL TEA ROOM, BALLROOM AT THE BEN, and UNION TRUST. We work personally with you to invent the reception that you have envisioned, and to bring those dreams to a reality.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

834 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA (215) 627-5100

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Concetta R

I cannot thank Michelle Finley and her amazing staff enough!!! Yesterday was perfect!! And the food was amazing!! Everyone was so pleasant and helpful ! I never had to ask for a single thing! They were ontop of food and drinks for us the whole night ! Everyone keeps telling me... Read More it was the best wedding they’ve ever been too and that the food was better then they could’ve imagined!! Thank you everyone at Ballroom at the Ben again! I wish I could redo the whole day over again! Ott truly is the best at what he does!! He made sure every single detail was perfect !

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Julie W

My wedding was more perfect than I ever could have imagined thanks to Emily, Ott, Finley Catering, and The Ballroom at the Ben! The venue is absolutely stunning - I still can't believe I actually got to have my wedding there. The service is off the charts, and the food is... Read More completely out of this world!! We've heard from so many of our guests that our reception was the very best they had ever been to, and many are still raving about all of the amazing food! We're eternally grateful that we had the wedding of our dreams - and the ballroom had so very much to do with that.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Stacey H

The Ballroom at the Ben was a dream come true wedding venue!! Our wedding planner, Emily was amazing! She was there every step of the way throughout our 18 month engagement! When it got closer to our wedding date, Ott was so helpful with the ballroom details and lighting! The... Read More Amber lighting turned out great in our photos and was used during the filming of Silver Linings Playbook!! The food was OUTSTANDING!!! Cocktail hour food selections were vast and plenty. The main course was timely, well prepared and delicious. We chose the Filet and Crab Cake option. As for the dessert room, people are still raving about it months after our wedding!! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone! It was a huge part of making our day such a success!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Chelsey G

Ballroom at the Ben was what I dreamed when I thought about how our wedding would be. 8/11/17 was the best day of our lives and it was made possible by the amazing staff at the Ben. Emily and OTT worked to make our day so special and literally took care of everything. As our 220... Read More guests entered cocktail hour, you could hear them raving about the atmosphere, the amazing and attentive staff, and the endless and delicious food. We are still receiving this feedback from our guests 2 weeks after the wedding. The day went so smoothly because of the staff and I don't know how to say thank you enough! We had the wedding of our dreams that day and are so thankful!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Cheryl V

I can't say thank you enough to Emily and Ott and the staff at the Ballroom at the Ben for all they did in making Becky and Michael’s Wedding such an awesome, over-the-top, memorable experience. After having my daughter’s wedding at the Ballroom in 2010 which was also just as... Read More wonderful, I was afraid nothing would come close to it. I should have known there was no chance we would be disappointed. Emily and Ott and their staff went above and beyond with everything. I really don’t know why anyone would go to any other venue other than a Finley Catering venue. They were such a pleasure to work with and we feel Ott has been part of our family since my daughter’s wedding. Emily and Ott know exactly what it takes to make a bride and groom feel special. I am in awe of the perfection of our children’s wedding. Every single one of our guests went out of their way to let us know how wonderful everything was from the food and drinks during the cocktail hour straight through to the food, drinks and music of the After Party. The Ballroom at the Ben is truly an amazing place and again, I must say, Emily and Ott are a big part of that perfection. I just can’t thank them enough!! I can only hope to be a guest of the Ballroom in the future.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin D

My husband and I used Finley Catering for both our ceremony and reception on May 21, 2017. We had visited about 30 different venues before walking into Ballroom at the Ben we knew it was our place. We fell in love with how beautiful and different while still being a classic,... Read More vintage venue. There are a lot of pretty venues out there and what sets Ballroom at the Ben and the other Finley venues apart is the people behind it. I've never worked with a group that was more professional, welcoming and the clear embodiment of their motto "Simply the Best." Easily put, Finley is a family and it shows, when you book your wedding there you're part of the family. Our coordinator was Michelle; she was quick to answer emails, phone calls and questions no matter when I asked them. She had the best recommendations on vendors. An uncle who was attending was ill and couldn't eat solid food Michelle and Ott (another Finley stand out) made sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed to have as great of a night. Maitre'd Ott is among the best parts of working with Ballroom at the Ben. He kept everything organized, solved problems we didn't think of and soothed every fear that anyone had. He runs a tight ship that made sure our ceremony started on time, everyone was in the right places, people were happy and our reception went on without a hitch! We had last minute cancelations and additions and Ott made the seating changes without issue. The food is outstanding, people are still raving about the cocktail hour and dinner 2 months later! Everything we ate was amazing. Everything came out on time so people had plenty of time to eat. The dessert room is the star though! Everyone had experience great cocktail hours and wedding dinners -- people had NEVER seen a dessert room and they loved it! Finley was by far the best decision we made for ourselves and our guests, you can't go wrong picking them!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Christy W

My husband and I got married at the Ballroom at the Ben in June 2017. We wanted a very romantic, classic vibe - and a one-stop cater (i.e. either Finley or Cescaphe). With a guest list of ~200, ~60% of which were from out of town, we ultimately selected the Ballroom at the Ben,... Read More due to convenience to downtown/the church (v. Cescaphe Ballroom) and the wow factor. We loved that cocktail hour overlooked the ballroom, and the ballroom itself was ornate and not cheesey. Ultimately, we worked with Emily at Finley who was incredibly responsive, informative, and enthusiastic. Her optimism and excitement throughout our whole process was very refreshing, considering she was probably working on a couple dozen other weddings, in addition to ours. We felt like we always had her full attention, and she was very candid (and helpful) as we worked with Finley to customize our reception choices. Ott was a rockstar the day of and really had orchestrated everything seamlessly, which from a bride's perspective is priceless. Paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves, we were budget conscious, but still wanted to throw an incredible party. With Finley you pay for premium food and service, and that's what we got - our guests were blown away by the ballroom and food and drink options (i.e. lobster and raw bar, taco bar, mozz sticks, carving station, ENTIRE dessert room, etc.). The experience we were able to provide our guests and the ease of doing business with Finley was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Alex P

Best Day Ever! The Ballroom at the Ben is the perfect venue. We recently had our reception there on May 6th, and everything was perfect. Throughout the planning process Michelle was fantastic and very responsive to emails, and Ott coordinated the night perfectly. Guests are... Read More still raving about the cocktail hour food, main courses, and the dessert room! Truly a day and night we will never forget thanks to Finley Catering.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Christine R

The Ballroom at the Ben, was the most amazing venue for our wedding! Michelle was so amazing to work with and helped us coordinate everything for the wedding with ease. She was a true professional and made the planning process a truly enjoyable experience! The day of, Ott was... Read More amazing to work with. He made sure everything was taken care of, and that we had the time of our lives! He was a joy to work with and truly helped make our day an unforgettable experience! The staff, the food, and atmosphere- I cannot say enough about! Our guests raved about everything and we were over the moon with how everything turned out! Thank you again Finley Catering for making our wedding a vision!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Paige C

We had a tremendously wonderful experience at the Ballroom at the Ben. From Emily Hassinger answering emails non-stop, to Marilyn and Christine being amazing servers during the day (and letting us taste a few desserts when we came with our parents to show them the place) to Ott,... Read More the main man handling ever detail! It was WONDERFUL! The food was delicious, the servers were lovely and the venue is spectacular! Thank you SO much for making our day grand!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ilene T

My husband and I got married at the Ballroom at the Ben on 9/17/16. It was the most incredible experience. Our guests continue to rage about the food and decor each time we see them! We worked with Michelle, who was so great. She answered all my emails and questions very... Read More quickly and was super helpful with everything. Our wedding was everything we could have dreamed of, and more! The renovations that were done at the Ben turned out amazing. The only regret we had was not to enjoy the cocktail hour food. I wish we would have told them in advance what we really wanted to eat so they could have it in the bridal suite for us. The dessert room was incredible too! Again, we didn't get to enjoy it as much as we had hoped but our guests raved about it! The after party was perfect, we liked how there was a DJ and it was different from having the live band that we had play during our reception. The mozz sticks, cheese steaks and pretzels were a perfect addition. Thank you so much to the staff a the Ben for such an unforgettable night! You made our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Sarah L

The Ballroom at the Ben/Finley Catering did an OUTSTANDING job at my wedding on 9/2/16! People are still raving about how amazing and beautiful the venue was, along with the delicious and numerous amount of food. What also made a big deal in how wonderful it was, was how great... Read More the staff was. My guests all commented on how nice the serving staff was, they were very happy to be there and enjoyed doing there job. Everything turned out so amazing from start to finish. I worked closely with Michelle, you did an excellent job responding to my emails and set up everything that I wanted and did not miss a detail. Ott who worked with us the day of the event, also did an outstanding job. He made sure everything was set up how we wanted it, and really paid attention to small details of the events. He even had everything packed up for us to go at the end of the night. I cant say enough great things about this place, other than it is worth every penny. It was a perfect night and wedding and like I said my guests cant stop talking about how it was the best and classiest wedding they have ever been to from the staff, the venue, to the food etc. Hands down best :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Emily S

The Ballroom at the Ben made our wedding night truly spectacular! From the first time we met with the Finley's they made us feel like family. Stacey helped us every step of the way and was always quick to respond and helpful. Ott was the man! Ask any of my family and they were... Read More so impressed with Ott and how much he did for us! The food was incredible! All of our guests raved about the cocktail hour, dinner, and especially the dessert room - it was unreal. The Ballroom also opened their bridal suite for us early due to the heat. This was so kind of them and greatly appreciated. For the most perfect and beautiful wedding, you must book the Ballroom at the Ben!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Katherine Greger G

The Ballroom at the Ben was beyond my expectations on my wedding day. Everything ran smoothly thanks to Ott and Margo. Ott made sure everything was done and was stress free for me on my day. I did not have to worry about anything being done because he had it all under... Read More control. The venue recently was renovated and is even more beautiful. The entire venue is so impressive. All of my guests raved about how the food was amazing. We also decided to do the option two hour after party. I HIGHLY recommend this. They provide a DJ that was awesome, tons of food and continue the open bar. It was more than worth the extra money. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the venue and the team there. I would recommend The Ballroom at the Ben to anyone looking for a Philadelphia Wedding Venue.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kendall H

Our day was magical!!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Lauren C

I had some pros and cons with Finley catering, but I have to say my overall experience was amazing. First I have to give thanks to Ott, my maître D. He was phenomenal. He made sure I had everything I needed and everything ran smoothly. The Food was exceptional. All of my... Read More guests were raving about how great my food was and how beautiful my venue was for weeks. Finley Catering really hit my expectations of my dream wedding. The only cons I had, which were very small, was that they were giving tours to future brides the day of my wedding and as my girls and I were trying to get dressed in the bridal suit, guests were coming in to view it which was a little uncomfortable. 2nd the names on my ice sculpture were wrong and a lot of my guests were informing me how rude some of the bartenders were to them. But besides those few things everything was phenomenal. Thank you Finley Catering and Thank you Ott and Margo for all your help.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

We are still riding an emotional high some four weeks since our daughter’s wedding at the Ben as we continue to receive notes and messages from our guests raving about our big night. The number pronouncing it the “best wedding we’ve ever attended” belies simple courtesy. It... Read More was, in fact, THE VERY BEST! We were thoroughly delighted with our Finley experience. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, the service was impeccable. For us, it all tallies up to a five star value. Maybe my wife and I are only half joking as we consider renewing our vows just so we can host another big bash at the Ben! Nicole was a complete pleasure to work with. She and the Finley organization were so very accommodating to our every need or fancy. The experience and expertise they brought to the table as they guided us through the process helped keep us focused and stress-free. She always had a ready answer, a simple suggestion, or an honest opinion, and for all of that we thank you so very much! We’d like to offer a special thanks, also, to Ott and his staff. Ott presided over the entire affair from set-up to clean-up, expertly managing the party’s pace and coordinating our own production people, our florist, the band, photographer, videographer, and the rest. From our very first encounter with Ott, we knew we would be in good hands. He managed to be everywhere at once, and the evening came off without a single “hitch.” Thank you, Ott! We couldn’t have hoped for a more perfect evening.

Ballroom at the Ben

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Mary Kate D

We had a wonderful experience with Ballroom at the Ben and Finley Catering. Nicole from Finley was wonderful to work with, easy to contact and helped us make decisions about food when we couldn't decide. She connected us with the newer bakery Finley was using for cakes/pastries... Read More since it had changed from when we initially did our tasting. The day of was flawless- the staff and Ott clearly are experienced and gave us nothing to worry about! Everyone raved about the food and expansive cocktail hour. It was so nice to know what our expenses were going to be before the wedding (tax, tips are included in your per person fee, so no unexpected costs arise at the end). Cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience and amazing night! (and all of our cards, vases, things we had brought to the Ben were packaged up for us before we left- we did nothing!)

exceptional service

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Meghan K

The Ballroom at the Ben, Finley Catering, and Ott exceeded my expectations! I knew it was a beautiful venue from the minute I walked in to see it, but the service, the food, the ease of planning with Finley was beyond excellent. Everyone at my wedding has complimented the food... Read More and just the general atmosphere. Ott was amazing to work with! I can't say enough good things :) Truly a fairytale wedding

Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Megan F

Our entire evening was just perfect beyond belief. The room was stunningly beautiful. We had both our ceremony and reception here on 8/15/15. I was so impressed with the ceremony backdrop - pictures don't do it justice! The reception set up was smooth and quick, and we got SO... Read More much positive feedback about the gorgeous view from the balcony down onto the ballroom. Friends and family also keep telling us how perfect the food was, and how great it was that you could smoke upstairs (we have a ton of smokers and it was so nice that they didn't have to leave the room). They also loved our specialty cocktail!! Most importantly, it was such a pleasure working with Trish, Ott, Marilyn, and the whole Ballroom crew. My now-husband and I live in California, and it was not an easy feat to plan the wedding from 3000 miles away, but the whole staff made us feel so comfortable and secure throughout the whole process. They were honest about costs - what we likely wanted, what we didn't need - and we loved that they didn't nickel-and-dime us over small upgrades. Open bar, pinlighting, uplighting, wedding cake, sundae bar, ice sculpture... all was included. On the day of the wedding, Ott made sure we knew what to expect - and he made sure our decor was set up perfectly, communicated with the DJ, saw to it that our specialty keg was taken care of, and answered all of our frantic last-minute questions. Marilyn guided me just before the ceremony, when I was the most nervous, and made me feel much calmer. The service was impeccable throughout the evening. And it meant so much to us that Trish checked in with us throughout the whole process, from Day 1 all the way to our dinner. Everyone at the Ballroom made us feel so at ease and so special -- we felt like royalty the entire day. Especially important was the fact that all of the recommended vendors were just amazing. Everything came together so smoothly, and we didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. We were able to truly enjoy our day. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about what a beautiful venue Ballroom is, and we are just beyond thrilled at how everything came together so perfectly!!!

over the top elegance and AMAZING food

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Meagan F

The Ballroom at the Ben was perfection from the first day we began the booking process to the very last dance. Finley Catering was excellent to work with and really helped to make the whole process very smooth. Ott, the maitre d', was absolutely fantastic and made the day-of... Read More simply amazing. The food was delicious and cocktail hour was out of this world. So many people said "it was the best wedding they have ever been to," and I would have to agree. I have attended weddings at the Ben as a guest, and it's truly an experience!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Kristine B

Our wedding at the Ballroom at the Ben was absolutely stunning. The venue is gorgeous and with the centerpieces and uplighting, it was like a dream come true! We worked with both Nicole and Michelle for our coordinators and they were very responsive and professional. Ott was... Read More our Maitre D' and he knows how to get the job done right from start to finish. The food is excellent and I am still receiving raves about our whole wedding. To any newly engaged couples - go look at the venue, it's breathtaking and the staff is amazing. You will have no worries the day of your wedding!!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Kathryn B

I could not have imagined having my wedding anywhere else! Ballroom at the Ben is absolutely stunning! When my mother walked into the ballroom when we arrived on our wedding day (after visiting numerous times during the planning process) she broke down into tears at how... Read More incredible it looked. All of our guests shared this viewpoint and raved about the venue. The food was absolutely delicious! We still have people coming up to us to compliment the cocktail hour to this day. Allison and Ott were wonderful to work with and catered to our every need. I have nothing but great things to say about Ballroom at the Ben! If you're looking for a classy venue with beautiful views from the mezzanine this is the premier spot in Philadelphia!

Just Perfect!

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Janel T

We could never say enough about Ott and his staff. Ott at the Ballroom at the Ben made our wedding perfect! He handled everything with ease and experience. We just knew that everything would be perfect and we were in great hands! This was the most amazing experience of our lives... Read More and our family and friends cannot stop talking about it!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Christina N

Ballroom at the ben was beautiful, accommodating, the food was fantastic, and we received nothing but compliments! Highly recommend Finley Catering!