Book Your Wedding with Balmorhea Weddings & Events

A BALLROOM IN MAGNOLIA, TX

Peaceful and secluded, Balmorhea Weddings & Events is an elegant and open wedding venue providing romance and tranquility for all who attend. Balmorhea Weddings & Events is situated on 32 lush and rolling acres. This Magnolia, Texas venue sits along four scenic lakes and has pristine meadows, stone bridges and towering oak trees. With 5,000 square feet of closed space and a total of 9,000 square feet, this venue can accommodate up to 325 guests. Stone pathways, areas of shade and a sense of nature make Balmorhea Weddings & Events ideal for the wedding ceremony for couples wishing to exchange nuptials outside.

Outdoor and indoor fireplaces add romance and a bit of warmth on chilly evenings. Guests can socialize on the large porches or at one of the two bar areas. Dance the night away in the bell tower wing or relax in the nature to reminisce on the events of the evening. Between the ceremony and reception , guests can mingle for a cocktail hour on one of the outdoor stone areas. The bride and her party can take advantage of the bridal house to get ready for the wedding and touchups throughout the event.

Balmorhea Weddings & Events provides tables and chairs for both indoor and outdoor events. Linens and place settings should be supplied by a caterer of the couple's choice. While this venue does not have on-site catering, they do work with an outside caterer called Café Natalie. However, couples can choose a different caterer to provide food, drinks and service for their wedding.

Couples using outside vendors for the wedding should get them approved by Balmorhea Weddings & Events before booking them. They must sign a waiver before they can provide services at this venue. The staff can provide couples with a list of preferred vendors to make the process faster.

Guests should not smoke inside any of the buildings on the premises. However, they can smoke away from all entries outside on the property. Before leaving the event, the bride, groom and their guests should make sure to remove all personal items. The venue will take down the tables and chairs after the catering company does the initial removal of dinnerware and drinking glasses.

Couples and their guests can enjoy many extra perks when hosting a wedding at Balmorhea Weddings & Events. These include:

• The venue provides liability insurance for wedding events
  • Guests can receive assistance for handicap access

Secluded. Peaceful. Unforgettable.

Welcome! Balmorhea (pronounced Bal-mor-ay) is the hottest wedding venue in the northwest Houston area. It is set on thirty-two acres with beautiful oaks, lakes, stone bridges and meadows. Balmorhea features a bridal house for use prior to ceremony and schedules one event per day. Call us today!

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Park

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

33400 Wright Rd., Magnolia, TX (281) 356-2305

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Sara

What an incredible venue! My husband and I couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for the most incredible day of our lives. From the first time we toured the property to the day of our wedding, we were so smitten! The area is so well maintained, and despite all the rain... Read More in Texas over the past few months, the property remained in outstanding condition. Our ceremony took place outdoors overlooking the water, and we were so impressed by how shaded the area was. The gorgeous, tall trees kept us and our guests cool the entire day! Melissa was such an accommodating and gracious person to work with! She constantly put us at ease by staying in touch with us and answering our very many questions throughout the entire planning process! It was so rewarding working with someone who is as equally excited for your wedding as you are! Thank you so much to Melissa and everyone involved with Balmorhea! Our wedding was truly everything we wanted it to be!

2016-06-28T16:08:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016

My family and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night at Balmorhea. From day one, they were there to answer any and all questions we had in regards to the reception and our vendors. If you're looking for a stunning venue with overly professional individuals,... Read More you have found the right place. Melissa Carswell was our main contact and she exceeded all of our expectations when it came to a coordinator! From giving every member of the family a tour of the property to allowing us to come in and try out every decoration to make sure everything was picture perfect to helping with EVERY last detail on the day of the wedding, she was truly a joy to work with. My husband and I were truly blessed to be able to celebrate our special day with the Balmorhea family!!

2016-08-08T10:50:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love to know that your day was everything you wanted it to be!

Exceptional Service, Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Stephanie K

I knew I wanted to have my wedding at Balmorhea as soon as my car passed the gate into the property. It is truly extraordinary!! The bridges, the pond, and the landscaping are spectacular. The banquet rooms high ceilings, gorgeous hardwood floors, and ornate bar sold me! We... Read More worked closely with Alison and she was with us every step of the way! She was our advocate to our vendors, gave exceptional advice, and made sure we had the day of our dreams. People were commenting on how beautiful the venue was and our pictures look amazing! I definitely recommend this venue!

2016-03-07T10:51:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Stephanie! We are glad you think it is as extraordinary as we do. Thank you for choosing Balmorhea to be a part of your special day. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michelle G

Melissa and the whole team at Balmorhea was absolutely amazing! It has the exact look and feel that we were looking for in our big day and we couldn't have been happier with our decision to make Balmorhea the place where we said "I Do". The 32 acres of pristine land, canopy of... Read More trees and all the lakes made the perfect backdrop for the ceremony! The indoor rustic romantic reception area couldn't have been topped! The bridal suite was super cute and charming while the grooms suite was the perfect place for the Groom and Groomsman to unwind before the ceremony. We still to this day have received compliments about how beautiful the venue was! We only looked at 2 other possible venues, but knew after our 1st stop at Balmorhea that it was The One! We cannot thank Balmorhea, Melissa, and the entire staff anymore for making our Wedding Day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Ingrid H

Wow! This venue is just absolutely gorgeous and Melissa was just incredible throughout this entire process. My husband (!!!) and I originally wanted our wedding to be in the Hill Country but in the end, we were glad we hit a few road bumps with that. Everyone raved about not... Read More only how delicious the catering (Darrel's) was but how beautiful our wedding turned out. Some had never even heard of the place! It was a complete dream and from the few shots our photographer showed us, our pictures are going to be amazing. The landscape, the look, the feel... when we saw the pictures we liked it yet when we saw it in person, we fell in love. Our wedding was everything and more. It definitely would not have been as special if we had looked elsewhere. We were entirely grateful for quick responses with Melissa; I'm sure we sent her one too many messages! Thank you to the entire team who made this process as smooth as possible!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jessica L

Where do I start!? Balmorhea is just amazing, and I couldn't have picked a more perfect venue to have my wedding! From the beginning to the end Melissa was so wonderful and helped every step of the way with any question I had! The day of the wedding she had staff available to... Read More help with anything I needed and even left me a sweet little wedding gift! The property, bridal suite, and reception hall are stunning and truly made my wedding feel like a fairytale come true! Thank you for everything it was the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Chesney M

Melissa and her entire staff is AMAZING!!! They helped make my wedding day unbelievably wonderful. Melissa is always so quick to get back to you and is a great communicator and such a pleasure to work with. The venue though... one word. GORGEOUS. We did my bridals there even... Read More without decoration or anything and they turned out stunning. This is by far the most beautiful and best deal you can find anywhere in the greater Houston area. We are so happy we got married at Balmorhea and highly recommend other couples to make the same decision we did!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Katie C

Balmorhea's is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very helpful and friendly. All of our guests loved the rustic elegant charm and our pictures turned out fantastic. I could not have asked for a more beautiful reception. Thank you Balmorhea for making my wedding day... Read More complete!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 JILLIAN B

WOW! What an amazing venue! I could not have imagined my venue being any more perfect than this one! Not to mention the staff are to die for! They truly go above and beyond and I dont know what I would have done without them! BEST DAY EVER! THANKS BALMORHEA!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tammy C

Balmorhea is such a beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests. The outdoor and indoor spaces are both so serene and elegant. The bridal house was such a great space for both the girls and guys to hang out and get ready. Melissa was very responsive and... Read More easy to work with during the planning process. We are so happy we had our ceremony and reception here!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Shelley M

Beautiful place & wonderful staff

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Chloe J

This venue helped make our wedding day so perfect and everything we wanted. It's so gorgeous and I loved the option of the indoor ceremony. All my guests complimented how pretty the venue was! The bridal and grooms suites are super nice also and were fun to get ready in. The... Read More staff there are amazing and worked so hard to make everything perfect even when it started absolutely pouring!! Couldn't imagine my day being anywhere else!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

First of all, Balmorhea is gorgeous!! My husband and I both grew up in small country towns and this venue encompassed the perfect rustic elegance that we were looking for. The owners are VERY personable and real people and they genuinely care about your union. Melissa and... Read More Allyson, the ones that helped us the whole way through, were very nice and they guided us through everything (when we knew nothing about planning a wedding). I give Balmorhea five stars because of the personal feeling and amazing service they give you as well as the BEAUTIFUL venue itself.

2016-08-08T10:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and giving us the honor to host your special day!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Katie R

A week ago, my husband and I were married at Balmorhea. I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful venue or wonderful team! Melissa was absolutely amazing! She was so sweet, helpful, and took all the stresses away from me. Balmorhea captured the "rustic elegance" feel that we... Read More were going for so perfectly. Thank you so much to everyone who made our wedding day so memorable!

2016-07-21T21:00:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. Best wishes and love never fails!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Michelle S

Balmorhea was the perfect place for our April wedding. They have the most beautiful outdoor ceremony site and a perfect rustic venue next door to match. We were so pleased with Balmorhea the entire way through the planning process and on the day of. Melissa was a major help... Read More throughout the entire process and acted at times like more of a coordinator which was a huge help! We received SO many compliments on the venue at the wedding and even afterwards, everyone was blown away by the property, the bridal cottage and the reception venue. I would, without a doubt, recommend Balmorhea to anyone looking for a beautiful and rustic (but still extremely elegant) venue in the Houston area.

2016-07-21T21:01:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016

My niece was married at Balmorhea on January 9, 2016. My sister lives in Canada, so I was the wedding planner. We met with Alison in July, and immediately booked the wedding. Alison was incredibly informative and helpful. She responded promptly anytime we had a question. The... Read More wedding day could not have run any smoother. Alison was on top of everything and insisted we enjoy the day and to let her take care of all the day-of details. I would highly recommend Balmorhea to any bride looking for an upscale, rustic venue. You will not be disappointed!

2016-03-07T10:30:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback and we hope everyone had a great time! Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Yuliya K

At first I fell in love with this place and really wanted to have my wedding here. Alison seemed very nice and was willing to meet last minute. However, I did not feel there was enough interest shown when my fiance and I met. We had to ask all the questions and when we followed... Read More up with emails about clarity on pricing it took over a week to respond. We chose a different venue for the same price but with a Venue Manager who was very involved and was asking questions we did not think to ask. I really wish our experience was better with this venue, cause it was beautiful.

2016-03-07T10:34:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for considering Balmorhea for your wedding and we are happy to hear you thought it is as beautiful as we think it is. Best Wishes!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Lexi S

Wow! Balmorhea was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. Alison was absolutely amazing to work with. Outside ceremony spot is breathtaking, and the inside reception spot is equally as beautiful. I couldn't have imagined my perfect day anywhere else.

2016-03-07T10:28:54 Response from the vendor

It puts a big smile on our face to know you think the venue is a beautiful as we think it is. We are happy we could be a little part in your big day. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Mia K

Francis and I could not have chosen a better place to have our simple but shabby chic wedding. The manager Alison was very helpful starting from day one of merely the tour and assisted in making our wedding day one to remember. The property's amenities and decor is amazing and... Read More well kept. On the day of the wedding, which was a Sunday the owner, Lisa came out to share her congratulatory blessings and Alison stayed on property till the very end. The preferred food vendor for the venue, cafe Natalie accommodated our food menu and bar which made things run smoothly as well. Thank you Balmorhea, Alison, and Lisa. Francis and Mia Kamen 8/30/15

2016-03-07T10:37:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mia! We are so happy you chose Balmorhea to be apart of your special day. Best Wishes!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Our daughter and now son in law wanted a rustic place for their wedding. Balmorhea fit the bill to the tee. The venue was beautiful and the grounds were breath taking. Alison and her team handled every little question that we had through the whole process. Our photographer... Read More had a blast taking bridal portraits as the grounds provided tons of creativity for him. Our daughters bridal portraits are stunning. The day of the wedding went off beautifully. No hitches except the couple that was getting hitched. All our guest had a blast dancing and enjoying great food. The only down side is all the guest wanted to stay longer after our daughter and now son in law had already left. But all good things must come to an end. This Mom and Dad were thrilled to see our daughter marry the man God had for her and to have the wedding of her dreams. It was a day we will all remember. Thanks to Alison and her wonderful team at Balmorhea. Hugs to you all Sandra and Dominic Marconi, Houston TX.

2016-03-07T10:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Balmorhea for such a special occasion! We are so happy to hear that everyone had a good time. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Dana L

I got married in June 2015 at Balmorhea, I loved the everything about it. It had just the right amount of rustic elements to fit what I wanted and I was still able to bring in my own items to achieve the vintage theme I wanted. We had our ceremony outside in front of the pond... Read More and the indoor reception area was a great size for my 200 guests, a full dance floor, and both bars to be open. Cafe Natalie (their preferred caterer) did our meal and the bars, the food was wonderful and I had multiple guests tell me how much they liked it. Alison did our coordination, prior to the wedding day she handled confirming vendors, their arrival times, pick up times, etc. and she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly from the moment we arrived until everything was packed up and the last guests left. My wedding day was everything I ever wanted and Alison and Balmorhea helped make that happen, thanks!

2016-03-07T10:45:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Dana! We are happy Balmorhea could help make your wedding day as special as you had hoped for. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015

From the moment I drove in the gat Balmorhea, I knew that this was the place I wanted to get married at. As you drive in, the venue is so beautiful. Set back behind some ponds. You get the feeling of peace and tranquility. I was looking for a place that had an outdoor area for a... Read More ceremony, and an indoor area for a reception especially for a March wedding. Who knows what the weather will be like in Texas in March!! Balmoreah fit my idea perfectly. It gave me the rustic/elegance that I was going for as well. Allison, one of the managers, was wonderful to work with. She was very accommodating and wanted me to have the dream wedding I had always planned as a little girl. On the day of the wedding, I didn't even know that we were having flower problems because Allison had taken care of it. It was a wonderful memorable experience that my husband and I will never forget!!

2016-03-07T10:49:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the feedback! It makes us very happy to know we could be a part of such a special occasion and make it a memorable experience. Best Wishes!!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Jennifer J

On December 11, we had our company Christmas party here for 120 people, and it was amazing. Everyone had the best time, and it was a huge success. Balmorhea could not have been more perfect. The property is beautiful, and our band was even able to use the bridal house to rest... Read More and to get ready for the event. The Carswell family and Alison were extremely cooperative and easy to work with, and we look forward to having more events here in the future. You will have a wonderful wedding/event if you choose Balmorhea. We loved it as well as all of our guests.

2016-03-07T10:54:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback, Jennifer! The party was a blast and we are glad everyone had a good time. Looking forward to doing it again!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Christy P

Best Place Ever!!! Balmorhea is absolutely Beautiful and Breathtaking!!! We were married there on October 18th 2014 and it was Amazing!!! What you don't know and what the pictures can't show you, is just how spectacular Alison and Melissa are!! They were there for me every step... Read More of the way!! They supported me, laughed with me, even got frustrated with me!! The day of my wedding the florist I chose showed up 20 minutes before the ceremony began!!! I never even knew the worry, stress, and chaos that went on until the night was over with!! Those 2 ladies handled the entire situation with professionalism and grace!!! If you choose Balmorhea as your venue you will not be dissapointed!! We weren't!!! 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

2016-03-07T10:58:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Christy! Your wedding was gorgeous and we are glad you had a great experience at Balmorhea. Best Wishes!!

Meet The Manager

Melissa Carswell

I'm thrilled to be in such a fun industry. Who isn't happy when planning a wedding, they're such a joyous and memorable occasion. I have been blessed by my family who has helped get me where I'm at in the wedding industry. It all started back when my husband and I got married and the family had a vision about property to make it a bride and groom's dream come true. I'm blessed with a loving husband of 7 years, 2 adorable boys and 2 furbabies . Can't wait to meet you and Happy Planning!