Book Your Wedding with Balmorhea Weddings & Events

A BALLROOM IN MAGNOLIA, TX

Peaceful and secluded, Balmorhea Weddings & Events is an elegant and open wedding venue providing romance and tranquility for all who attend. Balmorhea Weddings & Events is situated on 32 lush and rolling acres. This Magnolia, Texas venue sits along four scenic lakes and has pristine meadows, stone bridges and towering oak trees. With 5,000 square feet of closed space and a total of 9,000 square feet, this venue can accommodate up to 325 guests. Stone pathways, areas of shade and a sense of nature make Balmorhea Weddings & Events ideal for the wedding ceremony for couples wishing to exchange nuptials outside.

Outdoor and indoor fireplaces add romance and a bit of warmth on chilly evenings. Guests can socialize on the large porches or at one of the two bar areas. Dance the night away in the bell tower wing or relax in the nature to reminisce on the events of the evening. Between the ceremony and reception , guests can mingle for a cocktail hour on one of the outdoor stone areas. The bride and her party can take advantage of the bridal house to get ready for the wedding and touchups throughout the event.

Balmorhea Weddings & Events provides tables and chairs for both indoor and outdoor events. Linens and place settings should be supplied by a caterer of the couple's choice. While this venue does not have on-site catering, they do work with an outside caterer called Café Natalie. However, couples can choose a different caterer to provide food, drinks and service for their wedding.

Couples using outside vendors for the wedding should get them approved by Balmorhea Weddings & Events before booking them. They must sign a waiver before they can provide services at this venue. The staff can provide couples with a list of preferred vendors to make the process faster.

Guests should not smoke inside any of the buildings on the premises. However, they can smoke away from all entries outside on the property. Before leaving the event, the bride, groom and their guests should make sure to remove all personal items. The venue will take down the tables and chairs after the catering company does the initial removal of dinnerware and drinking glasses.

Couples and their guests can enjoy many extra perks when hosting a wedding at Balmorhea Weddings & Events. These include:

• The venue provides liability insurance for wedding events
  • Guests can receive assistance for handicap access

Secluded. Peaceful. Unforgettable.

Welcome! Balmorhea (pronounced Bal-mor-ay) is the hottest wedding venue in the northwest Houston area. It is set on thirty-two acres with beautiful oaks, lakes, stone bridges and meadows. Balmorhea features a bridal house for use prior to ceremony and schedules one event per day. Call us today!

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Park

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

33400 Wright Rd., Magnolia, TX (281) 356-2305

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Sara

What an incredible venue! My husband and I couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for the most incredible day of our lives. From the first time we toured the property to the day of our wedding, we were so smitten! The area is so well maintained, and despite all the rain... Read More in Texas over the past few months, the property remained in outstanding condition. Our ceremony took place outdoors overlooking the water, and we were so impressed by how shaded the area was. The gorgeous, tall trees kept us and our guests cool the entire day! Melissa was such an accommodating and gracious person to work with! She constantly put us at ease by staying in touch with us and answering our very many questions throughout the entire planning process! It was so rewarding working with someone who is as equally excited for your wedding as you are! Thank you so much to Melissa and everyone involved with Balmorhea! Our wedding was truly everything we wanted it to be!

2016-06-28T16:08:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016

My family and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night at Balmorhea. From day one, they were there to answer any and all questions we had in regards to the reception and our vendors. If you're looking for a stunning venue with overly professional individuals,... Read More you have found the right place. Melissa Carswell was our main contact and she exceeded all of our expectations when it came to a coordinator! From giving every member of the family a tour of the property to allowing us to come in and try out every decoration to make sure everything was picture perfect to helping with EVERY last detail on the day of the wedding, she was truly a joy to work with. My husband and I were truly blessed to be able to celebrate our special day with the Balmorhea family!!

2016-08-08T10:50:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love to know that your day was everything you wanted it to be!

Exceptional Service, Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Stephanie K

I knew I wanted to have my wedding at Balmorhea as soon as my car passed the gate into the property. It is truly extraordinary!! The bridges, the pond, and the landscaping are spectacular. The banquet rooms high ceilings, gorgeous hardwood floors, and ornate bar sold me! We... Read More worked closely with Alison and she was with us every step of the way! She was our advocate to our vendors, gave exceptional advice, and made sure we had the day of our dreams. People were commenting on how beautiful the venue was and our pictures look amazing! I definitely recommend this venue!

2016-03-07T10:51:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Stephanie! We are glad you think it is as extraordinary as we do. Thank you for choosing Balmorhea to be a part of your special day. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Marlena P

Balmorhea was a beautiful venue and we loved it!! They were very accommodating when weather was questionable and our wedding was just perfect! Such a beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Emily K

Where do I begin? I fell in love with Balmorhea as soon as I saw pictures of the venue!! Then when I met Melissa and started working with her and her team I fell even more in love!! Everyone I dealt with was so kind and accommodating which made our wedding day a thousand times... Read More less stressful! I love that balmorhea is family owned and operated and they make you feel like you are a part of their family!! I would give 10 stars if I could! Beautiful venue from the inside out, literally!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Regan D

WOW! I can't say enough good things about the Carswell family and Balmorhea Events. We had our oldest daughter's wedding there on Sunday, May 21st. I had multiple guests comment on it being one of the prettiest weddings they had ever attended. The grounds are just beautiful, the... Read More bridal cottage is amazing, and Melissa and her staff were so easy to work with. It was the perfect spot to have an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception. It was just beautiful, and I have one happy daughter. Thank you, Melissa, for making my girl's day one she will never, ever forget!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michelle G

Melissa and the whole team at Balmorhea was absolutely amazing! It has the exact look and feel that we were looking for in our big day and we couldn't have been happier with our decision to make Balmorhea the place where we said "I Do". The 32 acres of pristine land, canopy of... Read More trees and all the lakes made the perfect backdrop for the ceremony! The indoor rustic romantic reception area couldn't have been topped! The bridal suite was super cute and charming while the grooms suite was the perfect place for the Groom and Groomsman to unwind before the ceremony. We still to this day have received compliments about how beautiful the venue was! We only looked at 2 other possible venues, but knew after our 1st stop at Balmorhea that it was The One! We cannot thank Balmorhea, Melissa, and the entire staff anymore for making our Wedding Day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Ingrid H

Wow! This venue is just absolutely gorgeous and Melissa was just incredible throughout this entire process. My husband (!!!) and I originally wanted our wedding to be in the Hill Country but in the end, we were glad we hit a few road bumps with that. Everyone raved about not... Read More only how delicious the catering (Darrel's) was but how beautiful our wedding turned out. Some had never even heard of the place! It was a complete dream and from the few shots our photographer showed us, our pictures are going to be amazing. The landscape, the look, the feel... when we saw the pictures we liked it yet when we saw it in person, we fell in love. Our wedding was everything and more. It definitely would not have been as special if we had looked elsewhere. We were entirely grateful for quick responses with Melissa; I'm sure we sent her one too many messages! Thank you to the entire team who made this process as smooth as possible!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jessica L

Where do I start!? Balmorhea is just amazing, and I couldn't have picked a more perfect venue to have my wedding! From the beginning to the end Melissa was so wonderful and helped every step of the way with any question I had! The day of the wedding she had staff available to... Read More help with anything I needed and even left me a sweet little wedding gift! The property, bridal suite, and reception hall are stunning and truly made my wedding feel like a fairytale come true! Thank you for everything it was the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Hannah T

From start to finish, the whole Carswell family was so accommodating in helping us accomplish our vision for the Big Day. Melissa was always extremely gracious in answering my questions and made sure everything ran smoothly. She was always positive and made me more excited... Read More about my own wedding! The Balmorhea team has wonderful relationships with all the recommended vendors, which we used and loved. The whole property is what wedding picture dreams are made of. If anyone is looking for a romantic rustic venue, I highly recommend Balmorhea!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Channing A

Absolutely amazing experience with Balmorhea! I just got married on March 17th and I couldn't have asked for better! Melissa is AMAZING! from the moment I walked in before booking to the wedding day. I would recommend this venue over and over again! Beautiful venue & awesome... Read More staff! :)

2017-03-29T15:20:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Channing for your sweet words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Chesney M

Melissa and her entire staff is AMAZING!!! They helped make my wedding day unbelievably wonderful. Melissa is always so quick to get back to you and is a great communicator and such a pleasure to work with. The venue though... one word. GORGEOUS. We did my bridals there even... Read More without decoration or anything and they turned out stunning. This is by far the most beautiful and best deal you can find anywhere in the greater Houston area. We are so happy we got married at Balmorhea and highly recommend other couples to make the same decision we did!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Katie C

Balmorhea's is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very helpful and friendly. All of our guests loved the rustic elegant charm and our pictures turned out fantastic. I could not have asked for a more beautiful reception. Thank you Balmorhea for making my wedding day... Read More complete!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Elisabeth M

WOW, where to begin...this family owned venue truly made us feel like home. The location of Balmorhea really made it even more special and was what caught our attention when we first visited, it was breathtaking. Melissa was so great to work with and she genuinely cared about us... Read More and to make our big day the most special day ever. They have a bridal house in which both wedding parties can get ready. We had planned on having our ceremony outside by the cross but with weather we had to move it under the covered patio. Worried that it would be too cramped, it turned out perfect as many guests commented that the set up made it feel more intimate! The Balmorhea Team was awesome in making our dream wedding!!

2017-03-29T15:20:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review and kinds words!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 JILLIAN B

WOW! What an amazing venue! I could not have imagined my venue being any more perfect than this one! Not to mention the staff are to die for! They truly go above and beyond and I dont know what I would have done without them! BEST DAY EVER! THANKS BALMORHEA!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tammy C

Balmorhea is such a beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests. The outdoor and indoor spaces are both so serene and elegant. The bridal house was such a great space for both the girls and guys to hang out and get ready. Melissa was very responsive and... Read More easy to work with during the planning process. We are so happy we had our ceremony and reception here!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Shelley M

Beautiful place & wonderful staff

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Chloe J

This venue helped make our wedding day so perfect and everything we wanted. It's so gorgeous and I loved the option of the indoor ceremony. All my guests complimented how pretty the venue was! The bridal and grooms suites are super nice also and were fun to get ready in. The... Read More staff there are amazing and worked so hard to make everything perfect even when it started absolutely pouring!! Couldn't imagine my day being anywhere else!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Rachel T

My wedding could not have been more beautiful! The grounds and buildings are a dream and I have received so many compliments from my guests about the venue! Between booking the venue and the wedding, I had so many questions and the staff was always prompt with their replies.... Read More Having the bridal house to get ready in was so perfect and I loved having the entire venue to myself for the day. Melissa was so helpful the day of and she helped everything run so smoothly! If you are looking for a beautiful, elegant, and rustic venue for your wedding, look no further!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

First of all, Balmorhea is gorgeous!! My husband and I both grew up in small country towns and this venue encompassed the perfect rustic elegance that we were looking for. The owners are VERY personable and real people and they genuinely care about your union. Melissa and... Read More Allyson, the ones that helped us the whole way through, were very nice and they guided us through everything (when we knew nothing about planning a wedding). I give Balmorhea five stars because of the personal feeling and amazing service they give you as well as the BEAUTIFUL venue itself.

2016-08-08T10:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and giving us the honor to host your special day!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Katie R

A week ago, my husband and I were married at Balmorhea. I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful venue or wonderful team! Melissa was absolutely amazing! She was so sweet, helpful, and took all the stresses away from me. Balmorhea captured the "rustic elegance" feel that we... Read More were going for so perfectly. Thank you so much to everyone who made our wedding day so memorable!

2016-07-21T21:00:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. Best wishes and love never fails!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Michelle S

Balmorhea was the perfect place for our April wedding. They have the most beautiful outdoor ceremony site and a perfect rustic venue next door to match. We were so pleased with Balmorhea the entire way through the planning process and on the day of. Melissa was a major help... Read More throughout the entire process and acted at times like more of a coordinator which was a huge help! We received SO many compliments on the venue at the wedding and even afterwards, everyone was blown away by the property, the bridal cottage and the reception venue. I would, without a doubt, recommend Balmorhea to anyone looking for a beautiful and rustic (but still extremely elegant) venue in the Houston area.

2016-07-21T21:01:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at Balmorhea last night and it was spectacular! The venue and the grounds are absolutely breathtaking. Melissa and her staff were so accommodating and efficient and their attention to detail blew us away! They made the entire day go so smoothly... Read More from arrival through set up and departure. She took care of everything so that I could actually enjoy the day with my daughter and take in every moment we had worked so hard to prepare for. Thank you for making my daughter's dream come true!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016

My niece was married at Balmorhea on January 9, 2016. My sister lives in Canada, so I was the wedding planner. We met with Alison in July, and immediately booked the wedding. Alison was incredibly informative and helpful. She responded promptly anytime we had a question. The... Read More wedding day could not have run any smoother. Alison was on top of everything and insisted we enjoy the day and to let her take care of all the day-of details. I would highly recommend Balmorhea to any bride looking for an upscale, rustic venue. You will not be disappointed!

2016-03-07T10:30:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback and we hope everyone had a great time! Best Wishes!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Yuliya K

At first I fell in love with this place and really wanted to have my wedding here. Alison seemed very nice and was willing to meet last minute. However, I did not feel there was enough interest shown when my fiance and I met. We had to ask all the questions and when we followed... Read More up with emails about clarity on pricing it took over a week to respond. We chose a different venue for the same price but with a Venue Manager who was very involved and was asking questions we did not think to ask. I really wish our experience was better with this venue, cause it was beautiful.

2016-03-07T10:34:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for considering Balmorhea for your wedding and we are happy to hear you thought it is as beautiful as we think it is. Best Wishes!

Meet The Manager

Melissa Carswell

I'm thrilled to be in such a fun industry. Who isn't happy when planning a wedding, they're such a joyous and memorable occasion. I have been blessed by my family who has helped get me where I'm at in the wedding industry. It all started back when my husband and I got married and the family had a vision about property to make it a bride and groom's dream come true. I'm blessed with a loving husband of 7 years, 2 adorable boys and 2 furbabies . Can't wait to meet you and Happy Planning!