Virginia Beach, VA

Celebrating elegance through exceptional food and creative presentation, our professional attention and professional attitude will leave lasting impressions. Beautiful oceanfront banquet rooms each providing a spectacular view, including outdoor canopied patio.

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

809 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA

Awesome Value

Reviewed on 8/01/2014

My now husband and I chose to use Barclay Towers Resort Hotel for our reception because we were on a budget. The only hesitation we had was we were worried about parking because we were getting married in peak season for tourists; however, the hotel put us at ease when they... Read More said they would reserve parking for our guests (AND THEY COULD PARK FOR FREE). No one had a hard time parking! We had 120 guests. What did we get for the money we spent? We had an oceanfront banquet room which provided a great view of the ocean. The room also included an outdoor private canopied patio. We had a red, white, and blue bbq theme, and we were able to choose a menu (from the MANY menu items) that we felt suited us. We had hors d'oeuvres of cheese, chips and dip, and fruit punch. Our dinner included beef ribs (which all the guests loved...and thought was very daring), fried chicken, and pulled pork. Everyone told us they loved the food. Though we chose to exclude a bar (we had many children attend the reception), they did provide a champagne toast (and non-alcoholic juice for the children). Our night was filled with love and laughs...and a TON of dancing. I would recommend this venue to anyone on a budget! You really get much value for every dollar you spend!

Our wedding - 10/12/2013

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kim T

Working with Nicole at the Barclay Towers made our wedding day a beautiful success. Nicole was so helpful in getting everything set up and making sure things went smoothly throughout the ceremony/reception. I can't thank her enough for EVERYTHING she did. We set up the... Read More boardwalk room for our ceremony and the ocean vista room for the reception. Everything was beautiful and a beautiful view of the VB oceanfront. Nicole and the wait staff were very attentive to us and all of our guests. It was nice having the wait staff in tuxedo attire and they were great in making things run smoothly. The food and drinks were awesome. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to have their wedding ceremony/reception in one place to try Barclay Towers Hotel. Big THANKS again to Nicole and the wait staff!!

Va beach wedding

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Jenna B

I live in LA and my husband and I decided to get married in VA Beach because that is where I am originally from. We had to do a lot of the wedding planning over the phone. Nicole at Barclay Towers was so accommodating. She sent me photos and was in constant communication with me... Read More throughout all of my planning. She made planning a wedding across the country easy. The venue is so beautiful, it is right on the ocean front. Our wedding was right at sunset, so the view from the balcony was amazing. The food was great, the staff was so friendly. Plus the rooms are huge! All and all it was a truly amazing experience, if I got to do it all over again, I would not change a thing...except maybe make the reception longer, it was all so amazing I did not want it to be over!! Thank you :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2013

Working with Barclay Towers was great! Nicole was very helpful and always great with answering emails throughout the planning process. She had tips and suggestions along the way and helped to make our night fantastic. We used both of their rooms (the boardwalk room for the... Read More ceremony, and the ocean vista room for the reception) for our wedding which was perfect so that no one had to travel between sites. The rest of the staff was also kind, and helpful. I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Tiandra T

Everything was fabolous

My lovely wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2012 Brittany T

The staff at Barclay Towers were great. Their gift to us was a night stay and to wake up the next morning to a beach view was the best.

Great place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2011 Caitlin W

Working with Nicole at Barclay Towers was wonderful. I appreciated her flexibility and her attention to detail. She even wanted to double check the décor a few days before the wedding to make sure that she had everything written down properly. The Barclay Towers has two banquet... Read More rooms, which was perfect for us. We used one room for the ceremony and one room for the reception. The main reason that we chose Barclay Towers was budget. Many hotels had higher food minimums than we could afford, even for a Friday night wedding. But the Barclay is more flexible and offered a discount on Friday night weddings, so the food minimum was right where we needed it. The food at the wedding was delicious. We gave the guests a choice between New York Strip and Roasted Chicken. Both dishes were tasty (and also affordable!) The servers were professional and helpful and took good care of the guests. The parking situation is a little complicated, since it's at the boardwalk, but overall, I give the Barclay an A+ for a beautiful wedding.