BARCLAY TOWERS RESORT HOTEL

Virginia Beach, VA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Barclay Towers Resort Hotel is a boutique hotel located directly on Virginia Beach, Virginia. The convenient, relaxing location on the south beach end and the hotel's ability to seat up to 150 guests makes this a great choice for couples who want an oceanside marriage ceremony and reception without going through a lot of hassle and complicated planning.

All 138 rooms of the Barclay Towers Resort Hotel face the Atlantic Ocean and the hotel has two event spaces available for weddings which both feature amazing ocean views:

The Ocean Vista room. Neutral drapes, walls and floor let the large atrium windows take center stage with their commanding views of the sand, surf and boardwalk. Up to 150 attendees may be served in the Ocean Vista room and it includes a private patio with a canopy right on the beach.

The Boardwalk room. This smaller event space features a massive room-illuminating, ocean-view window at one end that makes an ideal backdrop for your vows exchange. Beige walls, high ceiling, low-key carpet and room for up to 60 guests make this a great ocean view ceremony spot for smaller wedding parties.

Barclay Towers Resort Hotel includes all the essentials with their catering packages for wedding receptions. Floral table centerpieces. linens, china, champagne goblets, glassware and flatware are all furnished for your event. A gift table, podium for your guest book and skirted cake table are all set up for you as well. An ornate cake knife will be furnished and your wedding cake cutting and cake service to guests is included in the fees.

The hotel is open year-round and has an indoor heated pool (in season) and beachfront hot tub. Parking is free for your guests and a complimentary breakfast is served for all hotel room guests. The facility is both smoke-free and pet-free.

Food is American cuisine with a limited menu but there are solid choices including seafood and beef dishes. You can select from packages with appetizers only, buffet service or plated meals. Barclay Towers Resort Hotel also has carving stations and enhancement trays of various pastries, seafood and freshly prepared produce. The beverage staff can prepare a cash bar, host bar or open bar and they provide all of the mixers and garnishes.

Barclay Towers Resort Hotel has some perks that couples will find appealing. Some of the perks include the many activities close by, from aquarium visits to souvenir shopping. Other perks are designed to help your wedding day become the special time you envision. The venue's perks include:

• Beer kegs and champagne punch available
  • All guest rooms have kitchenettes
  • Special room rates for wedding guests
  • Nearby to parasailing and personal watercraft rentals

Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

809 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA (757) 491-2700

Awesome Value

Reviewed on 8/01/2014

My now husband and I chose to use Barclay Towers Resort Hotel for our reception because we were on a budget. The only hesitation we had was we were worried about parking because we were getting married in peak season for tourists; however, the hotel put us at ease when they... Read More said they would reserve parking for our guests (AND THEY COULD PARK FOR FREE). No one had a hard time parking! We had 120 guests. What did we get for the money we spent? We had an oceanfront banquet room which provided a great view of the ocean. The room also included an outdoor private canopied patio. We had a red, white, and blue bbq theme, and we were able to choose a menu (from the MANY menu items) that we felt suited us. We had hors d'oeuvres of cheese, chips and dip, and fruit punch. Our dinner included beef ribs (which all the guests loved...and thought was very daring), fried chicken, and pulled pork. Everyone told us they loved the food. Though we chose to exclude a bar (we had many children attend the reception), they did provide a champagne toast (and non-alcoholic juice for the children). Our night was filled with love and laughs...and a TON of dancing. I would recommend this venue to anyone on a budget! You really get much value for every dollar you spend!

Our wedding - 10/12/2013

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kim T

Working with Nicole at the Barclay Towers made our wedding day a beautiful success. Nicole was so helpful in getting everything set up and making sure things went smoothly throughout the ceremony/reception. I can't thank her enough for EVERYTHING she did. We set up the... Read More boardwalk room for our ceremony and the ocean vista room for the reception. Everything was beautiful and a beautiful view of the VB oceanfront. Nicole and the wait staff were very attentive to us and all of our guests. It was nice having the wait staff in tuxedo attire and they were great in making things run smoothly. The food and drinks were awesome. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to have their wedding ceremony/reception in one place to try Barclay Towers Hotel. Big THANKS again to Nicole and the wait staff!!

Va beach wedding

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Jenna B

I live in LA and my husband and I decided to get married in VA Beach because that is where I am originally from. We had to do a lot of the wedding planning over the phone. Nicole at Barclay Towers was so accommodating. She sent me photos and was in constant communication with me... Read More throughout all of my planning. She made planning a wedding across the country easy. The venue is so beautiful, it is right on the ocean front. Our wedding was right at sunset, so the view from the balcony was amazing. The food was great, the staff was so friendly. Plus the rooms are huge! All and all it was a truly amazing experience, if I got to do it all over again, I would not change a thing...except maybe make the reception longer, it was all so amazing I did not want it to be over!! Thank you :)

great!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013

Working with Barclay Towers was great! Nicole was very helpful and always great with answering emails throughout the planning process. She had tips and suggestions along the way and helped to make our night fantastic. We used both of their rooms (the boardwalk room for the... Read More ceremony, and the ocean vista room for the reception) for our wedding which was perfect so that no one had to travel between sites. The rest of the staff was also kind, and helpful. I would definitely recommend them!

Wedding

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Tiandra T

Everything was fabolous

My lovely wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2012 Brittany T

The staff at Barclay Towers were great. Their gift to us was a night stay and to wake up the next morning to a beach view was the best.

Great place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2011 Caitlin W

Working with Nicole at Barclay Towers was wonderful. I appreciated her flexibility and her attention to detail. She even wanted to double check the décor a few days before the wedding to make sure that she had everything written down properly. The Barclay Towers has two banquet... Read More rooms, which was perfect for us. We used one room for the ceremony and one room for the reception. The main reason that we chose Barclay Towers was budget. Many hotels had higher food minimums than we could afford, even for a Friday night wedding. But the Barclay is more flexible and offered a discount on Friday night weddings, so the food minimum was right where we needed it. The food at the wedding was delicious. We gave the guests a choice between New York Strip and Roasted Chicken. Both dishes were tasty (and also affordable!) The servers were professional and helpful and took good care of the guests. The parking situation is a little complicated, since it's at the boardwalk, but overall, I give the Barclay an A+ for a beautiful wedding.