Barrington Hill

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

16117 Lake Iola Rd, Dade City, FL

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

My one and only daughter was just married at Barrington Hill Farm it was everything that we have always dreamed of and more. The ceremony was beautiful and we all cried tears of joy. Every one of our guests raved about the beautiful farm, amazing details, great food and service... Read More from all the Barrington Hill staff. They really went above and beyond for service. They even escorted the older members of our family to ensure they were included in the ceremony. My daughter and I were so pleased with the whole process and the care and attention that was given to make her day so SPECIAL and unique. I recommend this venue to everyone! Simone P

Reviewed on 11/28/2015

Alicia one of the most professional women I have ever worked with. Not only was she extremely accommodating to my sister, the bride, but she went above and beyond in her work for the event. Everyone had an amazing time and her venue could not have looked more beautiful. With... Read More a wedding being one of the most stressful, yet happy events in your life, she truly made the experience a great one.

Reviewed on 11/27/2015

Words cannot explain how utterly perfect our wedding was at Barrington Hill Farm. The farm's beauty, combined with Alicia's out of the box creativity is like nothing my husband and I had ever experienced before. She and her staff have created a one of a kind venue in which oak... Read More trees and manicured green fields surround, from a Bougainvillea terrace in front of the plantation house. It is simply the BEST place to get married because of the beauty and love that you naturally feel there. These folks love what they do and it shows. And she made it all happen within my challenging budget . Alicia has a SERIOUSLY amazing network of vendors and contacts - they know the best of the best, from the food, to the photographer, to the makeup/hair artist, to the flowers and design, to unique and creative wedding vendors. Def the best deal for the money. Anything is possible at the farm, and everything, when done, is just perfect. When we showed up on wedding day we were speechless. The beauty that Alicia and her team created was beyond what we could have ever imagined. Somehow, some way, Alicia was able to get to know us so well that she created a wedding that screamed us a couple, when we provided only minimal guidance as to what we were looking for. The design was like a feature in Southern Weddings Mag. The food was 5 star restaurant quality. Some of our guests were caterers and they concurred. Even the lanterns, the candles, and the bouquets ,aaah it was perfect, beautiful, and so much more. I seriously can't stop here...the packages make it so convenient. We didn't have to clean, no stress and our guests couldn't stop talking about it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Alicia thought of a fruit sangria bar that guests couldn't stop drinking at, our unique antique library table that was a sweetheart table, my bouquet, the creative photo booth backdrop Alicia and her talented staff designed, it was all straight out of a fantasy. They more than nailed it. We simple adore Alicia , her relaxed nature and her entire team. We will be lifelong friends with them, and lifelong devoters to the farm. In Barrington Hill we trusted, always, and they delivered the most spectacular wedding of all time. Sure, we might be biased, but once the photos are up, you can see for yourselves.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

I was lucky enough to have my wedding at Barrington Hill Farm this month and I'm so happy with how the whole day unfolded. Going into the wedding planning process, I felt overwhelmed and confused. Finding the perfect venue was proving to be a very frustrating experience until I... Read More stumbled upon Barrington Hill. It had everything we were looking for--beautiful setting, fields, and, most importantly, a totally private feel. Having exclusive use of the property was very important to us; our guests appreciated it as well and felt very welcome! Many have commented that it was best wedding they had ever been to. We've received rave reviews from so many people--the food, music, and flowers were all wonderful. Alicia and all the staff were so great to work with, and I'm so glad I followed her vendor recommendations. I chose a package, which I definitely recommend because it takes some of the decision-making off your plate. If you put your trust in her I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Hey everyone at Barrington Hill ! I just wanted to let you know that I thought everything you did was amazing! You made our wedding so unforgettable and enjoyable ! Thank you so much for making everything possible and going beyond our wildest dreams. I am so pleased that you... Read More have such a great team and venue. Thanks again for the most incredible memories and everything you did for our guests. Everyone tells me our wedding was the best wedding we ever went to.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Ashley G

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at Barrington this past weekend and I am still in shock at the lack of professionalism displayed by the "wedding coordinator" Alicia. I have read now that she is the owner... If that is the case, then I would definitely not go with this venue.... Read More Having just hosted my own wedding six months ago, I completely understand all the work that goes into planning one's special day. When you pay for a service, it should be delivered to the best of one's ability and with a smile. The service at Barrington Hill was anything but. Our experience started with Alicia arriving late to the rehearsal, with her husband and daughter in tow. She hap hazardly ran through the processional, with no list or notes in front of her... so she knew no ones name or their order. When she did not include the grandparents, the bride's mom asked and Alicia was completely disrespectful on the topic, stating that it was not something they do there... Well this group was a traditional southern family, the grandparents were there to be a part of the processional. When the bride's mom once again tried to ask about them stating that she would like them to be included, Alicia rolled her eyes and just said, well they should just get in line then... On the wedding day, Alicia was difficult to get ahold of and never checked on the bride and the bridal party in the wedding suite. The ceremony started late, and once again she failed to lead the processional. I had to arrange everyone and tell them when to go as she just stood there. Cocktail hour ran long because Alicia wanted to have certain photos taken for her own sake and the farms publicity. Once we were allowed in to the facility, nothing was ready. Candles were not lit and the bride and groom had empty champagne flutes that I had to go to the bar and get the champagne myself. The bar "staff" was not trained and forgot the champagne toast. The bridal party and family were not dismissed to the buffet first, so the brides parents were one of the last to receive their food... the food they paid for. Alicia was rude to us all, does not know what she is doing, did not care or respect the items that we had brought, only her own, and she shut the lights on us as we tried to clean up, totally unneccesary and rude (meanwhile her husband sat by the bar drinking our booze and eating our food at the end of the night), and I would not recommend her services to anyone. It is such a shame that we had such a terrible experience. The venue is beautiful and has so much potential, but the service was below par by far. Luckily, we were able to smooth everything out without the bride noticing, but no thanks to the owner, or the staff.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Brides- You cannot go wrong with barrington hill ! Everything was Phenomenal from the tour to to our amazing firework exit at the end of the night. We have received so many compliments from friends and family (some very hard to please) saying that it was the best wedding they... Read More have ever been to. Alicia told me at our tour she hears that phrase all the time and now I know why. They were conscious of our budget and exceeded all of our expectations. Alicia and the Barrington Hill Team takes care of everything so you can really enjoy your day. All thumbs up! Trust your dream day with Barrington Hill without reservation .

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Claire M

I had my wedding at Barrington Hill Farm on November 7th 2015 and I could not be happier with my experience! I never had to worry or stress about a thing during the whole planning/wedding process. I told Alicia what I needed and she coordinated the perfect vendors for my event.... Read More I never had to worry about anything! She was always available to answer any of my questions no matter what time it was and I always felt like I was important. The day of my wedding went off without a hitch! All my guests told me that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. The staff at Barrington Hill went above and beyond to make our special day absolutely perfect. They were all incredibly friendly and helpful. I would not change a single thing about our special day. I would recommend Barrington Hill Farm to anyone! I had an amazing wedding!

Brides Beware!

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 janice f

Caution!! Brides Beware!!! Make sure to have a detailed contract in hand before leaving a deposit with this venue. I left close to $5000 on the Bespoke package pending contract. I met with Debbie Martin and Alicia Trias in July. I heard from Ms. Martin 3 days after our... Read More meeting via email. 4 weeks went by and I never received a contract. I called Ms. Martin and she informed me that all contracts came from Ms. Trias and that all information had been given to Ms. Trias the week after our tour. Not feeling confident that Ms. Trias could deliver what I had requested; I cancelled and requested my deposit be returned. The owner of Barrington Hill Farm, Alicia Trias, has refused to return it. The only option Ms. Trias gave me (by text) was to move forward with the wedding. Ms. Trias sent me a blank contract; nothing filled out, and told me I could have pulled it off the Barrington Hill website. I acted in good faith and I have lost almost $5000. Learn from my mistake!

All smiles!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

I don't want to sound impartial but my wedding at Barrington Hill was the best!! Everyone had a permanent smile that day. Alicia offered me so many options to pick from and was even excited to use some of my own ideas and personal touches to make my wedding day unique and fit me... Read More and my husband to be personal taste. We picked the Bespoke package which made planning and budgeting very easy. Everyone we met and worked with were professional and friendly. It made our wedding day just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We chose Barrington for several different reasons. The property itself is simply gorgeous and there is nothing else like it in our area. The different spaces there gave us so many endless opportunities for our photo shot. We also picked Barrington Hill because of the staff. Alicia is the owner and she personally gave us our tour. She listened to every detail I wanted to have at my wedding (the list was long) and seemed to be able to bring all my thoughts and ideas to life. Alicia completely exceeded my expectations and brought my dream to life. She was patient and made this experience for me and my family completely stress free. Alicia allowed me to be involved as much or as little as I needed to feel comfortable. The vendors that work with her are incredible and it just seemed like everyone was working so hard to make my wedding day the best day of my life. My firework exit was amazing, the food was wonderful, the flowers and candlelight set the mood. I can't wait to get the pictures back!! Everyone at my wedding was all smiles even through the happy tears. It was the most beautiful day of my life and I have Alicia and everyone at Barrington Hill to thank for that. If you choose Barrington Hill you will be simply amazed and all smiles like us!! Thank you Barrington Hill for giving us such a beautiful start. I will post pictures as soon as I get them back. Thank you! Mr. and Mrs. Bell

Stole our money!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Faith V

After meeting with Alicia and Debbie in July to plan a March wedding for my brother and his fiancé, We were told that we needed to give a $5000 deposit that day to secure the venue or the date would be given to another couple. We were hesitant but were promised that we would be... Read More given the contract by the end of the week. By the end of August, we had called numerous times and sent many emails with no response.. We were finally forced to book elsewhere and Alicia still will not answer our correspondences or return our money. Thanks to Alicia and Debbie at Barrington Hill my brother and his fiance's dream wedding has turned into a nightmare... thanks for stealing their hard earned money!

A Day to Remember

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Chelsea C

Barrington Hill is a beautiful location for outdoor weddings and ceremonies. The house on the hill provides a picturesque view for photos and guests. Our big day was completely customized with items I had created, from signs and centerpieces to bouquets and seating charts, but I... Read More had no part in the placement which made me extremely nervous. When I finally got to see how everything was arranged and set up I was blown away! Lily had busted her butt to fulfill a vision we had only talked about abstractly, and somehow she made my vision a reality. The day was perfect and they were more than accommodating, even allowing us to bring two hookahs for the reception! There were several surprises throughout the event, the first being a cupcake for my birthday from my parents (not too surprising), but the second came at the end of the night during our sparkler exit, Fireworks! Alicia and Lily, the coordinators at Barrington had somehow arranged for us to have fireworks for our exit! It was amazing and made for some pretty awesome photos of my surprised expression.

Beautiful venue but planning and coordinating issues

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Amber H

Barrington Hill is an absolutely breathtaking venue. Our wedding there was gorgeous and our guest all loved the scenery. However, leading up to our wedding day at this beautiful place was not quite as pretty. Looking back, I would have absolutely still chosen the venue for our... Read More wedding however, I would recommend not booking the whole package through Barrington. I'm not sure why it happened this way but I really felt like just another number. Barrington provided me with a timeline of events once we had booked with them. Unfortunately, they missed every date on the timeline they created. When there was movement on my wedding, it was because I stayed on top of it, not them. For example, I was supposed to receive catering menus in November however, it wasn't until the last days in January when I sent an email addressing my concerns that there was any movement on it. For a March wedding this is pretty late in the game. I was repeatedly reassured that it was possible to pull everything together in such a short amount of time and while I can appreciate they are able to do this, it's not a comforting feeling as the Bride. Considering I booked the package to avoid wedding planning stress, this was really disappointing and stressful. The week before my wedding, I had to keep reminding them that I needed an invoice to make my final payment. When it finally did come through, 2 days before my wedding, I had to correct them as I had not yet paid for the bar service. It seems odd and unprofessional that I would be asking to pay them when my contract stated the payment should have already been made. The DJ flow chart was another last minute thing, also sent to me 2 days before the wedding when it was supposed to be a week earlier. I really did not enjoy the wedding planning process with Barrington. I hoped that day of would be without incident after this but that was also not the case. I feel very fortunate to have amazing family and friends that dealt with the day of issues. The day of, things were being hung in the oak tree while guests were already there. They dropped a bouquet breaking a flower, stuffed it back in and handed it to a bridesmaid only for the flower to fall back out. There was little communication around how the bridesmaids and I would get to the point on the hill we walked from- so much so we had friends prepared to do it for us. Just overall really not well executed. Don't get me wrong, I loved my day but it showed just how amazing my friends and family are that they were able to fill in the big gaps that the venue left open.

whimsicle and wonderful

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Katie W

I had the most wonderful wedding at Barrington! Lily is the coordinator that works for them and kept telling me to have faith in the process and everthing would work out (and it did)! We mostly communicated via email (it is the easiest way to get in touch with them) and towards... Read More the end I had Lily's cell number (which was good for me and probably bad for her). I choose Barrington due to the freedom it gave me to bring in pretty much whatever vendors I wanted. The fact that we got to purchase and choose all the alcohol was a huge selling point. They also did most of our flowers, the bar package and fireworks for us! They just updated the invoice with each change so it was easier for me to pay the one bill instead of multiples. I would not recommend this for anyone who is looking for a lot of structure or someone to do all the planning for them (or a place where you can just go in a pick and package and move on). You have to have ideas and want to get creative, as the space is pretty much your canvas to work with with great peices of furnature etc to work with. I found Barrington Hill very early in my search (I wanted to get married outside and not at the beach). They are a growing wedding venue and many things were "tweeked" during my experience (which was frustrating at first). But, at the end of the day I was very very happy with how everything worked out and it was a relaxed, fun venue!

Dreams do come true at Barrington Hill

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

The Venue is unbelievably beautiful. When I set foot at the farm, I was just amazed, I knew Immediately that I would get married there. I love the fact that everything is crafted to fit you personally, and that your imagination could run as wild, and it will come alive better... Read More than expected. The staff is amazing, friendly, helpful, and in my opinion the best Tampa Bay area has to offer(I know, because I went venue hunting). I am so glad I found this Venue, because I wanted my wedding to be different (oh I am so tired of attending hotel weddings), and have the guests experience something unique and unforgettable. Well Barrington Hill did it, and I am sure will continue to do beyond amazing jobs. I am telling all my friends to get married there, no joke. :)

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Chelsea P

Let my just start by saying wow! Lily did a fantastic job at taking the vision I had for my dream wedding and bringing it to life. I was an extremely hands on bride and I had a ton of request and she went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect and just as I... Read More asked. Lily was my coordinator so I spoke with her the most but I also know that Alicia was right there along with the other staff at Barrington Hill making my dream come true and they did a great job. I had so many people come to me and tell me how beautiful everything looked and how it was the most original wedding they had ever been to. I will say that since it's a working farm it may take a few days to hear back from them when communicating through email but the month leading up to my I was able to talk to Lily everyday without problem. If you're trying to get away from the typical Florida beach wedding this is the place for you! It's gorgeous and rustic and has all the elements you need to have the perfect wedding.

Gorgeous Venue!!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Melissa M

The venue was absolutely stunning. Guests are still coming to up to us telling us how beautiful the views were from the farm. Their decorations were perfect and it pulled together quite nicely. We were not 100% satisfied with the day-of coordinating, but i would use them again... Read More in a heartbeat to have such a scenic venue.

We loved Barrington Hill

Reviewed on 3/07/2013 Angel B

Our wedding at Barrington Hill was exactly everything I hoped for and imagined. I never once doubted the place when I first visited and it's hard to doubt with such a gorgeous scenery. Lily and Alicia helped piece together every little detail and it all came together beautifully... Read More day of. Our DJ, Randy with Breezin Entertainment did a great job and had everyone dancing. The lighting outside was amazing and made for great pictures! The only downfall is that I think this place may need a full time wedding planner/organizer. It is hard to get exact answers on some details and the communication is a little scattered but all in all I was happy with the end result which is all that mattered. I had many guests tell me how beautiful everything turned out. It was definitely a day we will never forget. Thank you everyone at Barrington Hill! Chad and Angel Bruening

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Megan P

As similar brides have said, as soon as I saw Barrington Hill I knew this was the place I wanted to say "I do". We met with the staff at Barrington soon after and picked our date after a nice tour. The day was beyond perfect and everything came together. The atmosphere and... Read More setting is breath taking and our photos are amazing. All our guests had rave reviews of our day. There were a few things that caught me off guard while planning leading up to the day and up until the day, they are listed below: * You are only allowed to arrive 2 hours prior to walking down the aisle. Along with vendors. (Found out in 30 day meeting). * As of May 3rd, 2012 packages weren't in effect and the dance floor, lights, and day of coordination aren't included in the venue price. (Found out that info in 30 day out meeting). * Bridal party has to be out of the bridal suite with all belongings an hour and a half into the wedding. With a 30-minute ceremony & 45-minute photo session, there was basically no access after the wedding started except for the bridesmaids to clean it out. We weren't told about that time limit until the rehearsal the day before the wedding. (Also, air-conditioning wasn't working in the suite, the day of the wedding.) * Dance floor was being painted and stables were being blown out 2 hours prior to our ceremony start at 6:30pm as vendors and bridal parties were arriving. * A week and a half out I was called to finish our checklist and timeline and asked what time my ceremony started and how many bridesmaids I have... We had already gone over these details in the previous 3 meetings, through email and on our contract. * In general had difficulty reaching the staff and getting timely responses. So to recap, our day came out perfect and we couldn't be more happy with the way our wedding turned out. They are crafty (in a good way) as well as creative with the plantation and decorations. The grounds and the house were both incredibly beautiful. Hopefully the information above is helpful and I don't mean it to be knit-picky... if I were to look back at how I planned I should've asked more questions.

May Wedding

Reviewed on 6/09/2012 Allyson K

This venue has the most gorgeous grounds, and from the first minute that I arrived I knew it was where I wanted to have our wedding! I will say that at times it was extremely difficult to work with the people running it. It was hard to get information and prices, and... Read More extremely difficult to coordinate times to come out and view the grounds and meet with the people because it is also a running horse farm, and the horses are the priority. I will say that they were willing to do anything that we wanted, but each and every single detail came at a very high price. I believe that things have changed since our wedding where they now have set prices and packages, where as we were kinda shooting in the dark and figuring things out as we went along. All in all, our wedding was absolutely perfect and we do not regret having it there one bit, because the beauty of the grounds were well worth it!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Stephanie C

I couldn't have been happier with my wedding at Barrington Hill. It was everything I expected and more. Alicia and the crew at Barrington were extremely helpful. The event coordinator at Barrington Hill was a pleasure throughout the whole process, she made my dream wedding... Read More come true. The venue is just breathtaking. My wedding album came out beautifully. The pictures with the horses are unbelievable. I would be happy to share them :) I was contemplating on having my wedding at another well known venue in the San Antonio/Dade City area which was also a beautuful location but it was quite the distance from the interstate and had to travel through long dark roads w/trailers etc . Barrington is located right off on the interstate which made it much more convenient to traveling to and from Tampa and has a beautiful clean country setting driving to and from the interstate and the venue. I would be happy to answer any questions and share pictures ;)

Barrington Hill, beautiful,clean,elegant,authentic

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Michelle T

Barrington Hill is not your ordinary barn! It is the most beautiful, clean, and elegant barn I have ever been to. The scenery captures your undivided attention, allowing you to exhilarate the wonderful nature surrounding you. The horses are very well-groomed and very... Read More well-trained; picture-perfect! Not to mention the service the staff provides is accommodating for your most comfort. The house itself already lures you in with it's divinity. I would highly recommend Barrington Hill for a wedding/event if you want an original authentic venue.

Southern style

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Maureen G

The Barrington Hill is beautiful. Having a wedding there was relaxing, georgous mansion and wonderful staff. We felt so comfortable and the horses were amazing. So glad we chose Barrington Hill.

Equestrian Estate Elegance

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Shannon O

When my best friend Suzanne told me that she had chosen Barrington Hill, a horse farm in Florida for her wedding I thought hmmm, interesting. I envisioned myself in heels stepping in horse poo and swatting flies, but then she showed me some photos from the visit. From the first... Read More picture of Suze standing in front of the mansion with a big grin, I knew this wedding was going to be something really special. The place looked like something you'd see in a movie, large white mansion with black shutters, rolling green fields, ancient oak trees with spanish moss hanging languidly as horses grazed beneath a big blue sky. Suze has ridden horses since she was in second grade and has never settled for anything status quo in her life. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that she found a place that combined marrying the love of her life and her love of horses in one spectacular setting. The wedding started at 7pm, already the sky was turning pink and orange as the sun was waning. About twenty rows of white skirted chairs with jars that held vibrantly colored field flowers attached to the end of each row led the way down the aisle. The beautifully manicured lawn felt lush and springy underfoot as we made our way toward this new chapter in Suze's life. With the guests seated, a zydeco band plucked up a slow waltz as the bride was helped down from a two horse- drawn wagon. (By the way these gleaming horses were dressed for the occasion wearing garlands of flowers) Suze was escorted down the aisle by her Mom to arrive at the candlelit arbor where stood her beloved. Surely what happened next could not have been planned, but it did take our breath away. While Mike and Suze were exchanging vows, the sky had gone from pink and orange to streaks of firery red and somehow the moon could be seen as it was ascending. It was so spectacular that even the preacher stopped and mentioned what a truly beautiful and special evening this was. Afterward, about 150 of us were led to a large white tent where twinkling lights and an excellent catered dinner awaited. A wooden dance floor had been laid and dance we did to some rocking cajun music. The air was warm and sweet, the setting was magical and the crickets could be heard chirping their approval.

Avant Garde Inspiration

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Laura S

A Special Thank You to Alicia and everyone at Barrington Hill. Your setting, idea book and suggestions were so unique. I have been getting non stop messages about how fabulous everyone thought our wedding was. All of the rentable vintage decor made decorating a snap. Thank you... Read More again!