Beachfront Weddings at Madison Beach Hotel

Madison, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Outdoor Space. The outdoor space is where many couples choose to have their ceremony with the beautiful backdrop of the water.

Banquet Hall. This space can be turned into just about anything you can dream of and can host quite a large party.

Restaurant. The restaurant on site is a great place to host that intimate wedding of your closest friends and family.

These three spaces are available exclusively to the wedding guests since the hotel prides themselves on only hosting one wedding at a time. The capacity for the events is 160, and there is a minimum guest count of 75 for all events.

You will fall in love with the Madison Beach Hotel the moment you set eyes on it. And the setting is not the end of the excellence. There are multiple on site services to help you eliminate your wedding to-do list.

First of all, you won't have to do much for the food. Just go to a tasting, choose the menu you like best and the experts take care of the rest. The culinary professionals will create a mouth-watering, satisfying meal from the first hors d'oeuvre to the last slice of cake.

After it is prepared, the impeccably dressed waitstaff will efficiently and elegantly use their fine-dining skills to serve the dinner in an orderly fashion, ensuring that every guests is completely satisfied with their meal.

Before you sit down to enjoy that delectable dinner, you will have all the help planning you can ask for. The on-site event coordinator will be at your service to guide and assist throughout your decision-making processes. No matter what inquiries you have, the coordinator will get you an answer. Also rest-assured that on your wedding day, that event planner will be there to make sure every detail is meticulously executed.

Your expectations will be exceeded at the Madison Beach Hotel.

Here are a few extra perks to make you say yes to the Madison Beach Hotel:

• On-site bridal suite
  • On-site parking
  • On-site accommodations
  • Rehearsal dinner spaces
  • Gluten free, lactose free, nut free and vegan meals available
  • Handicap accessibility
  • Shuttle
  • Valet parking

Connecticut’s Premier Beachfront Resort

Celebrate your special day in style with a romantic ceremony and reception at Madison Beach Hotel. With a private beach on Long Island Sound, we are one of the premier venues for weddings - a destination easily accessed from New York to Boston. The goal of our entire team at the Madison Beach Hotel is to exceed your expectations, delight all of your senses, and create life-long memories. With our unparalleled views, genuine hospitality, and first-rate culinary team, your momentous occasion is sure to shine.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

94 West Wharf Road, Madison, CT (203) 318-6268

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Doreen P

If you want to have a special wedding, Madison Beach Hotel is the place to do so! We just had our wedding there on October 15, 2016 and we did have our perfect wedding, we call it our "Best Day Ever" and we owe so much to the hotel and their amazing staff. It will be a day we... Read More will never forget. Working with Libby, Nicole and the rest of the staff was a joy, they made every little detail perfect, they made us feel so special, they made it personal for us and our guests said such wonderful things about them and the hotel. It was truly a blessing to have our wedding there. And now we cannot wait to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary there next October! Doreen and Nani.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Colleen R

From the moment I lifted my head off the pillow on 10/1/16 to the moment I laid it back down, I was in love with every aspect of my day. I was in love with the obvious, the man I married, but I was also in love with everything about Madison Beach Hotel. It has such an intimate... Read More wedding feel in an absolutely breathtaking and calming location. The food for me was one of the most important parts and also lucky for me the hotel prides themselves on their cuisine. It was not a wedding factory feel from the staff to the FOOD!!! It was amazing. Now onto why it was so amazing, Libby and Nicole. Libby spent the past 5 months holding my hand, understanding when the difficult moments came up with a dash of humor and confidence and seemed to know just what I wanted when I walked through her door and made it very clear that I was going for a not so traditional "vibe". From when we started the day to the end of the evening, everything was taken care of and I had zero worries. Libby made sure she saw me off down the aisle with water in her hand right at the steps before I walked down and Nicole who spent the reception with us and seemed to know our every move and only retrospectively did we realize this :) She was calm, 10-steps ahead and genuinely cared. Our room at the end of the evening was beautifully set up for us but she even remembered our brownie sundaes we never had a chance to eat :) , she thought of everything. I never once felt like I was just another bride to Libby and Nicole but also the entire staff of the hotel. You feel like you are staying at the Ritz, the service is impeccable. Moral of the story: BOOK THIS VENUE!!!! If you love the beach and want a wedding that has no worry, good food, amazing staff,insanely beautiful rooms, and doesn't feel like a wedding factory, then this is your place. We will be back for every anniversary. No regrets.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Gina H

We had the most perfect wedding at the Madison Beach Hotel in July! Libby was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process. She was able and willing to help us plan and coordinate every little detail to make sure we had our dream wedding. Guests continue to rave about the... Read More food, the setting, the staff, and the location. We can't thank you enough for making this a day we'll never forget!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Jessica B

I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. We were married on October 18th and other than being a little chilly, which no one can control, it was perfect!! Libby and Matt were wonderful to work with. The food was delicious and the staff is wonderful. If anything went... Read More wrong, I never knew about it. Our friends and family said that our wedding was one of the best they've ever been to! I can't wait to go back for our anniversary!! I highly recommend Madison Beach Hotel

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Elizabeth P

The staff at the Madison Beach Hotel were absolutely wonderful to work with! They handled all the details and essentially act as wedding planners. I was thoroughly impressed with the food, service and quality of this venue and I would absolutely recommend it as a wedding venue!... Read More It was beautiful and our night was perfect!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

Words cannot express how my new husband and I feel about the Madison Beach Hotel- and the people who embody it. We were married there on the beach on 6/11/15 and had a truly incredible day, the memory of which will last our lifetime. We first met the Madison Beach Hotel... Read More wedding coordinator Libby about 1 year prior to our wedding when we had moved back to CT for the year for work. At the time, after 10 minutes of touring the Madison Beach Hotel, we knew that we had found our own little slice of paradise in my home state and that it was the perfect place for us to tie the knot. As busy doctors-in-training, Libby always found time to meet with us several times throughout the year- she often worked around our schedules and was always available by email or phone for questions/concerns that came up. We relied on her expert advice for several of our vendor selections, including our florist (Bakes & Baldwin, Madison CT) and D.J.,(Mike Connolly - Southington, CT) whose work also turned out to be nothing less than spectacular. On our wedding day, the Madison Beach Hotel truly treated us as king and queen. They schedule only one wedding on any given day, which made us feel like special and honored guests. Our bridal suite was one of their signature rooms with a grand view of the beach and sound right outside our door. They were able to accommodate a block of hotel rooms for us for all of our out-of-town guests to all of our specifications. Anything that we requested for us or any of our guests was achievable, anything that we asked for in terms of menu/timeline/details was attainable. Libby and Matt, along with all of the staff at the hotel, went above and beyond to ensure that our day was absolutely perfect. I used to believe that the perfect wedding was a thing of dreams, but after our experience, I firmly believe that with the right location, timing, and especially people helping, your wedding can come together as your own fairy tale which will last a lifetime. Thank you so much to all at the Madison Beach Hotel for our incredible day and start to the rest of our lives! We will be returning time and time again to the hotel/community that has a special place in our hearts. -Carla & Matt

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Arielle E

I’m not sure how and where to begin in expressing what a remarkably beautiful wedding for my daughter and her husband at The Madison Beach Hotel! The hotel and the beach location are beautiful. The wedding planning began with the experience, competence, great taste and focus on... Read More perfection in every detail by Libby, the special events director. She is great to work with, made invaluable suggestions and has a wonderful way of dealing with any “difficult” situations that come up! Her staff was helpful and patient and answered every question - big or small.When we got to the hotel on Saturday of the wedding, I was so happy knowing every detail was addressed as my daughter was enjoying her beautiful bridal suite with a huge smile on her face! The groom and his groomsmen were perfectly situated in the Spinnaker Lounge which was wonderful to have during the reception as well for guests to use. The day truly began when we had a touching "First Look" in the lobby and charming photos out on the grassy strip in front of the beach. As we enjoyed the pretty spot, I noticed everyone bustling around under Mat, the banquet manager's direction getting everything ready for the ceremony. We went back to the room to get ready for the ceremony. It wasn’t until we were queued up to walk down the steps to the ceremony by the beach that I began to truly understand the attention to every last detail which Libby and Mat gave to our wedding. When I took my seat at the front, turned and watched the girls come down the aisle followed by my beautiful daughter, I saw that they even paid attention to the perfect timing of each one walking. Once our beautiful and touching ceremony was over, we were greeted by the first of the wonderful servers with a toast to our newlyweds. The cocktail hour was charming, abundant and delicious with it’s lovely views of the water! We were completely tickled when we were out by the rocks for sunset pictures, when down comes a server with a plate of food for us! The ballroom looked amazingly gorgeous, and the great service continued. And then there was Mat again…ever present, head on a swivel, hard working, unflappable in directing the concert of the wedding - all that with a smile on his face in every instance! The food was delicious, and the flow of the wedding was perfect. Arielle and Jesse’s wedding was elegant and truly was everything and more than we all dreamed possible. I would recommend Libby Rutty and the Madison Beach Hotel very much!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Matthew C

We had a few hiccups with the booking of hotel rooms initially, but once some things were ironed out, we could not have asked for a better venue than the Madison Beach Hotel. The service was absolutely impeccable and they took fantastic care of everyone. They were very flexible... Read More when we wanted a few things that were a bit out of the box (we only wanted beer and wine instead of a full bar). The food was fantastic and really some of the best I have ever had in a banquet setting. It should also go without saying that the setting was amazing. The hotel is right on the water and the facilities are impeccable. Overall a great place.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013

We were married at the Madison Beach Hotel on July 13, 2013. The Madison Beach Hotel is a new, beautiful facility offering upscale accommodations, beachfront views and spa perfect for a beach-style wedding. Having looked at multiple wedding venues in the northeast, the Madison... Read More Beach Hotel is the newest and freshest venue with one of the prettiest settings. Wedding package prices were reasonable and in the middle price range of places we looked at. The pre-wedding planning was handled in an organized, professional manner and the staff worked to fulfill all of our desires for the wedding including customized menu items, guest accommodations and last minute requests. The staff at the Madison Beach Hotel are incredibly friendly yet professional at all levels of service. Notably, Libby, Abby, Chris and Trish, were instrumental in making the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception run smoothly and make for an amazing wedding day. We had many customized items made for the wedding that the staff flawlessly utilized and placed them as we had requested. Additionally, their coordination with outside vendors was excellent and the food was delicious. Our experience at the Madison Beach Hotel was excellent and we highly recommend it for your wedding.

Beautiful location and great staff

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Samantha M

food had hair in it and was horrible. ruined my wedding. Beautiful location and great staff

Unforgettable wedding

Reviewed on 5/11/2011 Mariaelena S

When you think of a beach wedding you imagine the sand between your toes, warm ocean breeze and the peaceful sounds of the waves hitting the shore. This was exactly what we wanted and found was only possible at the Madison Beach Hotel. From the first moment of our first visit we... Read More knew this was the place. The Madison Beach Hotel is the only hotel, restaurant, banquet hall located directly on the beach in Connecticut (Believe me, I called/visited almost every venue in CT) Most offer a walk on the beach after but not a ceremony on the beach. We had our ceremony on their private beach. The entire planning process was extremely flexible, friendly and personal. Whenever I called with questions they were up to date on the details of our wedding. Did not feel like just a file folder in a wedding reception hall. The events manager, Beth McDevitt was incredible and went above and beyond in assisting us in every way. After the ceremony our cocktail reception was held on the lawn as our amazing clam bake dinner was cooked on the beach. Our guests danced the night away inside the reception hall. Our guests truly enjoyed themselves and are still talking about the lobster.

Meet The Director of Catering

Libby Rutty

As one of Connecticut's leading wedding planners, with more than three decades of expertise in wedding and special events, I would be thrilled to be a part of your special day at the Madison Beach Hotel. Throughout my dynamic career, I have had the privilege to plan and produce hundreds of weddings. Weddings are my passion and I am well-versed in all things weddings and celebratory events. As the director of catering at the Madison Beach Hotel, I look forward to directing our team of seasoned professionals to create your most memorable day!