Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Macungie, PA

Award Winning Venue

Bear Creek Mountain Resort is located just minutes from the Lehigh Valley. This venue is beautiful any time of year offering three banquet rooms, on-site hotel, spa, two full service restaurants, outdoor and indoor pools and jacuzzis.Outdoor ceremony sites available April-November.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

101 Doe Mountain Lane, Macungie, PA

Most AMAZING venue out there!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Kristen B

When we first started our venue search, we both chose to go to Bear Creek first. We spend a lot of time snow boarding and just enjoying the atmosphere in the winter. We arrived for our venue tour, and was greeted by Therese, one of the wedding sales managers. She was awesome!... Read More long story short.. there was no need to even think about looking at other venues. We booked it the next day. Over months of planning, Therese was there to answer any questions along the way. Our wedding day finally came. A beautiful September day.The staff at Bear Creek was AMAZING. They all did a wonderful job making sure we were happy and everything went smoothly. Everything was absolutely PERFECT. The outdoor ceremony was gorgeous. We chose the Woodland room. It was perfect for the amount of guests we had. Plenty of room for dancing. The food was out of this world. Our guests are still calling us telling us how good their meals were. I would not change anything about our experience with Bear Creek. Our wedding day was PERFECT!!

Above and Beyond in Every Way

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Erin H

Bear Creek is an incredible wedding venue, defined not only by the beauty of the facility and grounds themselves, but the way that the staff goes above and beyond to make even the smallest detail a memorable one. We worked with Therese, who is a true pleasure to work with - she... Read More was professional, organized, and extremely accommodating to special requests we had along the way. The hotel rooms are gorgeous, the food is amazing, and it was so convenient for our guests to have the ceremony, reception, and after-party, and farewell breakfast all in the same resort. Zero complaints - Bear Creek is the real deal and you won’t regret choosing them for your special day!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

After our tour of Bear Creek, my husband and I immediately knew it was the place we wanted to get married. We loved the mountain/rustic/classic feel of the venue, and we immediately knew that we would be in good hands with the wedding coordinator, Lisa. She was always one step... Read More ahead of us and kept us on pace during the planning process to have a stress-free wedding. Lisa was always incredibly responsive via email and phone, was able to solve multiple problems for us, and always had helpful suggestions. My husband has Celiac and Lisa went out of her way to make sure that his choice of a gluten-free beverage was on hand just for him at our reception. The staff also tailored our hors d’oeuvre tray just for him. Our wedding day was beautiful and went so smoothly thanks to the entire staff at Bear Creek. Our servers and banquet coordinators were attentive and made sure that we (the bride and groom) ate something. All of our guests commented on the beauty of the venue, the deliciousness of the food, and the attentiveness of the staff. I would highly recommend Bear Creek and Lisa!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Laura W

If I had to do it over, I would absolutely choose Bear Creek again for my wedding. Lisa, my wedding consultant, was fabulous and very helpful! The entire resort is beautiful and we received a lot of compliments from our guests on the venue. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner,... Read More reception and breakfast the following morning at the resort and all of our guests raved about the food at every meal. The bridal suite was gorgeous and all of the little romantic touches were appreciated. Our guests enjoyed the pool, spa and bars with nothing but wonderful things to say about each.

Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Alta B

Bear Creek Mountain Resort is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Lisa, our wedding coordinator, helped us through the entire process. She was incredible and made sure that no detail was overlooked. The location is gorgeous and all of the staff are courteous and polite. All the... Read More guests raved about the food and the venue! I highly recommend using Bear Creek!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Tarah I

Bear Creek did an absolutely fantastic job with our September 5th wedding. My fiance and I not only meet at Bear Creek almost 10 years ago, but were also engaged there. Lisa Geiger (our event coordinator) was amazing from start to finish. She helped us with every step of the... Read More decision making process and was also available to answer any questions we had. The tasting that was provided by Bear Creek was awesome. I was like being at someone reception. They provided tastings (large servings) of so many options that we were stuffed when we left. They had centerpieces and cakes from different vendors, and the staff was so helpful. On our wedding day, everything was so smooth. The staff took care of everything and made sure that nothing was misplaced. They even followed my fiance and I up to a chair lift with drinks during photos. The ceremony and reception spaces were beautiful and we had so many comments from our guests. Overall, it was the best experience and I would highly recommend Bear Creek.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Ashley S

Before getting engaged my fiancé and I knew we wanted to have our wedding at Bear Creek. We loved the rustic, yet modern feel of the resort, and were looking for a location where guests could stay the night on the premises (which in the Lehigh Valley area is hard to come... Read More by!). Throughout the process we used Therese as our planner. She did an awesome job with quickly answering my many questions in the months leading up to the wedding. As our wedding day approached she ensured that everything was organized and ready to go. The day of, everything was set up exactly as we had envisioned. The day progressed smoothly and every staff member worked hard to make sure that we had the perfect wedding day. In addition to the wedding reception being wonderful, the hotel staff was fabulous at catering to our guests and helping them feel at home over the wedding weekend. So many of our guests raved about the resort and the great service they received. The only small complaint we had was that we scheduled breakfast during the recommended hours the morning after the wedding; however, we were given a hard time about checking out a few minutes after 11 AM. As the bride and groom we thought the least they could do was to let us spend our breakfast with our guests, and check out after. Other than that it was an absolutely perfect venue. If we were to do it all over again, we would choose Bear Creek without any reservations.

Bear Creek Wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jennifer D

Bear Creek was wonderful. The wedding coordinator assigned to my wedding was fabulous. They made the process go extremely seamless and I never stressed at all while planning. The event staff was extremely attentive and made sure all the guests were being taken care of. The... Read More hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to all my over night guests. I had guests make their stay into long weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. I would highly recommend having a wedding here or any formal function.

Bcmr

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Jessica B

Bear creek was amazing for our wedding reception. They made the process so easy and non stressful. Wouldn't have picked a better place

Bear creek

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Kim S

Beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception. The Staff are great and the wedding planner helps with every detail.

An amazing experience!

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Judi S

I would very highly recommended Bear Creek to anyone considering this venue for a wedding and/or wedding reception. The staff was both professional and friendly, and I can't say enough about our coordinator (Lisa)! Her flawless attention to detail was equal only to her amazing... Read More ability to sense exactly what we'd like in every aspect of our day. We're thrilled that we chose Bear Creek!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Ashley W

We are so happy that we had our wedding at Bear Creek. So many of our friends and family said how impressed they were during their entire stay at Bear Creek, and well-executed the wedding is, which I can only take so much credit for. I recommend this venue to any bride - they... Read More are exceptionally organized and have systems to make sure that your day will be flawless. All of the staff at Bear Creek are fantastic... I plan to visit as often as possible!

Loved this place...

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Jeannine P

We had an amazing experience at Bear Creek. We worked with Lisa as our wedding coordinator, and we could not have asked for someone better! She was always quick to respond, happy to offer suggestions, and always ready to help with any request we had. The staff is incredibly... Read More helpful and friendly, and more than accommodating. Bear Creek met and exceeded all of our, our families, and our guests, expectations. Highly recommended!!

Amazing venue and service

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Pooja V

Bear Creek is a beautiful place but more importantly our coordinator Lisa was amazing. She took care of every detail. My wedding ceremony was supposed to be outside but it was too hot and there was a high chance of rain. She re-organized the indoor wedding to an area that was... Read More never used before and I loved it. The food was great. I emailed her non-stop and she responded immediately. I am so pleased that I picked this venue! It was also affordable and correctly priced for everything they include.

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Emily R

My husband and I got married on June 14, 2014 at Bear Creek and we could not have asked for a more perfect day. From the first visit we made to Bear Creek, we knew it was the best decision for our special day. The landscape was so picturesque, Therese Labour (our wedding... Read More coordinator) was so kind and helpful and all of the staff we met was very friendly. Planning a wedding from 8 hours away, let alone another country (Canada) is not easy but Therese and her team made it easy. She was very responsive via email and worked with us to coordinate visits around our scheduled trips to Pennsylvania. Starting with rehearsal the night before, Therese lead us and our officiant (whose first time it was doing a wedding) through the motions. She's clearly done this a few times before. She put us all at ease and worked well with our group, having fun along the way. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff was so helpful in allowing my husband and I to be able to sit back and enjoy the day. We were not stressed, maybe some excited nerves, but definitely not stress. I had handed all of our things off to Therese and her staff and they took to setting it up and handling the coordinating of vendor arrivals and set up. I was able to spend the morning with my bridesmaids, getting our hair done and just enjoying the moment. Our ceremony went off without a hitch (minus my veil trying to fly away!) and our guests all enjoyed the festivities. The food was spectacular and the banquet staff provided wonderful service. Like most couples, we didn't get a chance to eat much, but the staff was kind enough to pack up the 2 extra meals we had due to a last-minute cancellation. They even packed up some extra crab cakes at my husband's request! Which we thoroughly enjoyed the next evening! We had planned a little "after-party" When the food we had ordered for our "after party" went quickly, the staff was kind enough to bring out chips and pretzels to keep our guests fed! They really paid attention to the little details throughout the day. The majority of our guests were staying at the resort for the weekend and from check in to check out, they were very well taken care of. We heard numerous guests say how lovely the hotel was, how good the food was and how courteous the staff was. If you're looking for a beautiful location, spectacular food, and wonderful staff to work with, Bear Creek is definitely a great choice for you!

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Megan B

Bear Creek was absolutely perfect! We had an amazing weekend and a perfect reception. We could not have asked for anything better. Lisa and her team were wonderful and went above and beyond to make our day amazing. They took care of every detail and truly followed our vision for... Read More the day. The food was wonderful, our guests raved about the servers and the lodge was the perfect setting for our reception. I recommend Bear. Creek to everyone.

No Detail Forgotten!

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Hollie H

After an incredibly successful wedding and the best day we could have imagined, I would without a doubt recommend Bear Creek to anyone looking for super service and attention to detail. Erin was our coordinator. She took care of us from beginning to end and made our day as... Read More stress-free as possible. No matter how busy, Erin was always responsive to our calls, emails and unusual requests. It is clear from the first visit how experienced Bear Creek is at hosting weddings, and that shows in every encounter. It was the perfect venue for us - allowing us to have our ceremony and reception in one location, while providing a great location for our out-of-town guests to come together.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Jocelyn H

Bear Creek was the first venue my husband and I visited, and we knew at that moment it was the perfect place. Our ceremony and reception was held in the Mountain Ballroom and everything was absolutely perfect. Lisa Geiger was with us from start to finish and made sure she did... Read More everything to make our day perfect. The food was excellent, the customer service was outstanding. The grounds of Bear Creek are gorgeous and the perfect place to have a wedding!

Beautiful Wedding Venue and Best Staff

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Kathy D

We had our wedding and reception (The Lodge)at Bear Creek in September, and we could not be happier with the way everything turned out. From the start of the planning process to after the wedding the staff was amazing and accommodating to all of our needs and wishes. They made... Read More our day effortless. The resort is beautiful, the hotel rooms are perfect, and there are many things for guests to do if staying over. Our wedding day was perfect, and we had several guests say it was the best wedding they have been to, and they will be returning to the resort on their own time because they loved it there.

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION IN THE LODGE

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Kathleen W

The entire staff at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, especially Lisa Geiger, are beyond amazing. The venue is immaculate, the food is delicious, and the professionalism is unparalleled! I had my wedding reception on July 5th, 2013 in the Lodge Room at BCMR. Throughout the process... Read More I had nothing but complete confidence that everything about my reception would be exactly as I envisioned. The thoroughness ensures every detail will be executed exactly as discussed. The staff checked in throughout the reception to ensure the evening was flowing as we had hoped and to also keep us on track with the events (I.e. cake cutting, etc.) In addition to delivering the perfect reception, the staff provides any and all assistance possible. My aunt was provided with help escorting my grandparents through the facility. One of the 'team captains' helped to repair the hook & eye that had broken on my dress. Our 'late nite snacks' that were untouched at the end of the reception were transferred to the Grille bar so our guests could continue to enjoy the hot dogs and soft pretzels. To complete the perfect evening, the facility, amenities, and grounds are gorgeous. Our pictures turned out beautifully and our hotel room was a little retreat. We are looking forward to visiting BCMR several times in the future, including celebrating our on year anniversary there next year. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Lisa, you are truly amazing and we cannot begin to fully express how grateful we are for the perfect day!

Awesome venue, service, amentities, and staff!

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Andrea G

I honestly couldn't ask for anything more for our wedding. The venue provided everything I could possibly need at reasonable prices, including phenomenal photo opportunities. Everyone noted the excellent service and staff of both the wedding reception and hotel!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2/15/2013 alicia h

My husband and I were married on October at Bear Creek Mountain Resort. It was more money then we wanted to spend, but it was completely worth it (we actually did our ceremony on a friday evening because it was a 10% discount). We had a lot of out of town guests coming, so we... Read More wanted someplace where outs guests could stay comfortably. Everyone loved it. The food was delicious, the service was very good. The give you a wedding coordinator to help you plan everything. Which was a huge help to us because we did not live in the Lehigh Valley at the time. My only complaint would be that, even though the wedding coordinator was a help, she was a little mean. I'm not sure if she was even really mean, as much as too busy. Other then that, I would recommend Bear Creek to anyone. Gorgeous outdoor setting and they treat you very well. We were very happy with it.

Romantic and Fun

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Amy R

We had fun skiing and staying in the King Suite with a jacuzzi, fireplace and living room, kitchenette and bedroom. The Spa at the resort had very nice services available although they were a little expensive. There were a lot of families and kids around the time we went... Read More (January) but it was nice having a big room to ourselves. Not many places to eat other than the resort restaurant and cafe. But if you like skiing and need a romantic getaway this is the place to go!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 1/16/2013 Kristen H

I can't tell you how many of our guests enjoyed every aspect of this place! The food, the scenery, the staff....everything! Bear Creek really gave us the best reception anyone could have!

Bear Creek

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Tara M

If you are looking for a rustic place to hold your wedding Bear Creek is the perfect spot! The staff there are wonderful to deal with and you are basically given your own wedding planner. The staff at Bear Creek handle all of the major and minor details that I would have never... Read More even though of. My wedding day was so relaxing and perfect and the staff at Bear Creek handled everything for me. Not only were they attentive to me and my husband, but they were equally attentive to all of our guests. The food is out of this world and the amenities were fantastic.