Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Macungie, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Known for its scenic woodland surroundings and staggering mountain views, Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie, Pennsylvania, is an ideal spot for hosting a wedding. This award-winning, year-round venue has a number of spaces to choose from to hold a ceremony and reception.

The Mountain Ballroom is large and airy, with high ceilings and expansive windows. Its clean, yet rustic, earth-tone decor creates a warming ambience, while a spacious outdoor deck offers views of the surroundings. The ballroom can be rented in its entirety for groups of up to 250 people or subdivided for smaller guest counts.

The Hotel Courtyard is available as a ceremony site, typically in conjunction with the Mountain Ballroom as a reception venue. This space is available for ceremonies between April and November.

The Woodland Ballroom has a similar decor and seating as the Mountain Ballroom for up to 180 guests. Like the Mountain Ballroom, it also has an outdoor deck, as well as a Woodland Courtyard space for an open-air ceremony.

The Lodge invokes a real sense of the alpine with large stone fireplaces, stone walls and a faux-wooden ceiling. It can accommodate up to 200 guests and features a spacious central dance floor. In addition, an outside plaza can be used as a ceremony site.

The outdoor ceremony site attached to the Woodland Ballroom and Lodge are only available May through November. The standard duration for a reception is five hours and additional hours are available for a fee, which is higher if arranged on the night-of or with less than two weeks notice. The ceremony fee includes chairs, setup and breakdown service. Ceremonies have a time frame of 30 minutes, after which the cocktail hour must begin immediately.

All catering is handled by the venue and only the wedding cake may be brought from an outside vendor. The menu is tailored to specific requests with the final selections due one month in advance. The final guest count is due 15 days in advance of the wedding day.

Outside vendors are welcome for other services, such as flowers, photography and entertainment, providing the latter have applicable insurance. With the exception of wall and ceiling hangings, decorations are generally welcome. Fog machines, taper candles and confetti are not permitted.

Additional reasons to choose Bear Creek Mountain Resort include:

• A 10 percent discount on Friday and Sunday non-holiday wedding receptions
  • Discounts on lodging with block bookings available
  • A complimentary wedding night bridal suite for the to-be-weds
  • Varied recreational facilities
  • Spa services and treatments

Award Winning Destination Hotel Venue

Bear Creek Mountain Resort is located just minutes from I-78. This venue is beautiful any time of year offering three banquet rooms, on-site hotel, spa, two full service restaurants, outdoor and indoor pools and jacuzzis.Outdoor ceremony sites available April-November. Bear Creek is a one-stop shop to make your perfect day absolutely perfect!

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

101 Doe Mountain Lane, Macungie, PA (610) 641-7172

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Savana H

I cannot say enough things about Bear Creek. From the moment we started looking at wedding venues, we knew we wanted to get married there for the sheer look of the venue and it going perfectly with our rustic fall wedding. After touring there and meeting our wedding coordinator... Read More Lisa Geiger, we could not wait for the next 2 years to go by! Lisa emailed me daily to see if I needed help with anything, responded immediately to any emails I sent and made sure that the planning process was as stress free as possible. The week of the wedding, Lisa reached out to all of my vendors to make sure they knew the layout of the main events during the reception and knew where they would need to setup. Something I am very thankful she did because I never would have thought to do that with all of the other craziness going on. I put my full trust in the staff when it came to our decorations. I told them what we provided and that was it. My husband and I did a first look of the reception space when first arriving to Bear. The staff exceeded our expectations and the decorations were perfect! Even better than if I would have done them myself. Our centerpieces included flameless candles which required batteries, one of the candles had died before the reception even started and the staff without even letting us know, got a new battery and made sure the candle started working again. The bridal party and our parents were treated like royalty that night. We had servers by our sides the entire time making sure our glasses were never empty, we had plenty of food and were enjoying ourselves. Anything we requested, we had right away. My husband had a great idea for our entrance into the reception which involved a rope, we asked one of the servers and without questioning why we would possible need a rope, she asked how long of a rope we needed. We got our rope! At the end of the night, the servers began packing up leftovers, decorations, gifts, etc. and loaded everything in my parents' car to take home. We had absolutely nothing to clean up before we went to the downstairs bar and continued the party. When my husband and I finally went up to our room which was provided by Bear Creek for hosting our wedding there, there were leftovers in the fridge, cake on the table and the bedroom was decorated beautifully. I have never been more confident in a decision I've made than my decision to have our wedding at Bear Creek. I highly recommend this venue to couples who want a stress free planning process, a beautiful venue, great food and great staff.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Krissy M

We had our wedding at Bear Creek on October 21st, 2016. It was by far the most AMAZING experience we could have ever imagined. From the day we went there to walk through the venue last year it was always a great experience. We wanted to have a fall wedding with great foliage to... Read More be our backdrop so as we narrowed down our venues Bear Creek always managed to stay on our list. I am so happy we chose to book Bear Creek for our special day because Theresa was by far the best venue coordinator we met throughout our experiences in the hunt for a venue. She did not disappoint throughout the year of planning by responding to any questions and keeping in touch along the way. As the months turned into weeks prior to the wedding she followed up with us to ensure she had every detail we wanted in the master plan. Since I was doing everything myself for planning this really helped me stay on track to make sure my day was perfect and I didn't have to worry about day of details. The day before the wedding I was running behind getting up there with the reception décor and my fiancé was running late from dropping our dog off at the sitter and she was very flexible in adjusting our timeline to take care of the details in a different order so we were still done with rehearsal on time and everyone knew what was going on for the next day. On the day of the wedding I snuck down to the ballroom before getting ready and all of my decorations were exactly how I wanted them so I knew the rest of the day would be perfect. As we got closer to the ceremony we had staff assisting us an ensuring everything went as planned. They even brought us drinks and appetizers after the ceremony since they knew we had a few additional pictures to take before our private cocktail hour. I highly recommend the private cocktail hour because you have your servers who fill drinks and apps as you get to spend time with your parents and bridal party. It was nice to take that time to relax before the rest of the night becomes a blur. They got everyone seated quickly after cocktail hour so we could make our entrance and from there everything just flowed. They helped your vendors stay on track with timelines and your glass was never empty. Every time I finished a drink there was someone there to fill it up. They also noticed we didn't really eat much of our meals so we could start talking to the tables so they made sure to get a few of our cupcakes up to our room for us to snack on later. The night was perfect and everyone was so great at making sure everything was on point. When the night ended we also got to have an after party in the bar downstairs and it was great to wind down the night by relaxing with our friends. They even decorated our room for when we finally made it back there. I highly recommend Bear Creek for your wedding if you want to have a wonderful experience from start to finish. Theresa was amazing and their staff is all so great at making it memorable!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Janelle H

We could not have picked a better venue for our reception! Bear Creek helped us to make the planning and execution of our big day a breeze. Theresa was wonderful throughout our engagement, keeping us informed about the next step in the planning. Two days before the wedding, we... Read More delivered our items for the reception and everything was set up perfectly by the Bear Creek staff. We were running a little behind taking pictures before the cocktail hour, so members of the staff brought us drinks and appetizers outside. The lodge venue was perfect for our style and we loved that the fireplaces were on during the reception. Everything moved so smoothly and they had everything packed up for us the next morning. Having the hotel rooms in the building was great for our guests coming from out of town and we loved seeing everyone one last time at the Grille for brunch the morning after.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Maggie D

Absolutely amazing! Everything exceeded our expectations and we would absolutely recommend this venue to anybody! All the staff was extremely efficient and professional, and my husband and I were treated like royalty from the second we step foot into the resort. Pick this venue... Read More for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kathryn B

We had our wedding at Bear Creek in September and it was absolutely wonderful. From the hotel staff to the banquet staff, everyone was above and beyond. The ceremony was beautiful, and the reception was outstanding. Food is wonderful - apps to the main course. We worked with... Read More Lisa, and she was great. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything that day. We had so many complements on how beautiful Bear Creek is and how everyone enjoyed the wedding so much. I cannot say enough about the staff, they are so accommodating and helpful. Compared to other places that we were looking at, Bear Creek was really reasonably priced. I would highly recommend anyone having their wedding there! We are at Bear Creek often, the Grille is a great restaurant and my husband ski's. We love it there!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Meg L

Bear Creek was a phenomenal wedding venue. The BC crew was AMAZING and our guests had the BEST time. The food was delicous. The layout of the venue and having the hotel right there was perfect. I would recommend Bear Creek to anyone! Lisa the wedding sales manager this is the... Read More BEST!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Devon P

Lisa G. and the staff at Bear Creek did nothing short of an amazing job. Every step of the process, starting from touring the venue, was a breeze. We were so confident in our choice from day one but were absolutely amazed with the way our reception in the Lodge turned out. I... Read More cant say enough about the time and energy put into making our day more than we could ever imagine, and our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the food was and how impressive the entire resort is as a whole. Choosing Bear Creek for our reception was the best decision we made while planning our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Justine T

Theresa and the whole staff at Bear Creek did a phenomenal job! My husband and I loved the venue, the staff and the food! They went above and beyond expectations we had and were very accomedating to our needs. We had a gentleman (wheelchair bound) who needed a private handicap... Read More bathroom so his wife could help him and Bear Creek not only made sure to accommodate that for us but made sure to show the couple exactly where to go in order to get to and from the ceremony site and reception. Their efforts to make everything so smooth for us was incredible! As someone who gets overwhelmed easily they made sure the day of the wedding everything ran smoothly so I would not have a thing to worry about.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Jamie D

This venue is amazing!! It is absolutely beautiful there, and the staff is wonderful - professional, accommodating and organized! I would highly recommend!!!

Above and Beyond in Every Way

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Erin H

Bear Creek is an incredible wedding venue, defined not only by the beauty of the facility and grounds themselves, but the way that the staff goes above and beyond to make even the smallest detail a memorable one. We worked with Therese, who is a true pleasure to work with - she... Read More was professional, organized, and extremely accommodating to special requests we had along the way. The hotel rooms are gorgeous, the food is amazing, and it was so convenient for our guests to have the ceremony, reception, and after-party, and farewell breakfast all in the same resort. Zero complaints - Bear Creek is the real deal and you won’t regret choosing them for your special day!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

After our tour of Bear Creek, my husband and I immediately knew it was the place we wanted to get married. We loved the mountain/rustic/classic feel of the venue, and we immediately knew that we would be in good hands with the wedding coordinator, Lisa. She was always one step... Read More ahead of us and kept us on pace during the planning process to have a stress-free wedding. Lisa was always incredibly responsive via email and phone, was able to solve multiple problems for us, and always had helpful suggestions. My husband has Celiac and Lisa went out of her way to make sure that his choice of a gluten-free beverage was on hand just for him at our reception. The staff also tailored our hors d’oeuvre tray just for him. Our wedding day was beautiful and went so smoothly thanks to the entire staff at Bear Creek. Our servers and banquet coordinators were attentive and made sure that we (the bride and groom) ate something. All of our guests commented on the beauty of the venue, the deliciousness of the food, and the attentiveness of the staff. I would highly recommend Bear Creek and Lisa!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Laura W

If I had to do it over, I would absolutely choose Bear Creek again for my wedding. Lisa, my wedding consultant, was fabulous and very helpful! The entire resort is beautiful and we received a lot of compliments from our guests on the venue. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner,... Read More reception and breakfast the following morning at the resort and all of our guests raved about the food at every meal. The bridal suite was gorgeous and all of the little romantic touches were appreciated. Our guests enjoyed the pool, spa and bars with nothing but wonderful things to say about each.

Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Alta B

Bear Creek Mountain Resort is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Lisa, our wedding coordinator, helped us through the entire process. She was incredible and made sure that no detail was overlooked. The location is gorgeous and all of the staff are courteous and polite. All the... Read More guests raved about the food and the venue! I highly recommend using Bear Creek!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Tarah I

Bear Creek did an absolutely fantastic job with our September 5th wedding. My fiance and I not only meet at Bear Creek almost 10 years ago, but were also engaged there. Lisa Geiger (our event coordinator) was amazing from start to finish. She helped us with every step of the... Read More decision making process and was also available to answer any questions we had. The tasting that was provided by Bear Creek was awesome. I was like being at someone reception. They provided tastings (large servings) of so many options that we were stuffed when we left. They had centerpieces and cakes from different vendors, and the staff was so helpful. On our wedding day, everything was so smooth. The staff took care of everything and made sure that nothing was misplaced. They even followed my fiance and I up to a chair lift with drinks during photos. The ceremony and reception spaces were beautiful and we had so many comments from our guests. Overall, it was the best experience and I would highly recommend Bear Creek.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Ashley S

Before getting engaged my fiancé and I knew we wanted to have our wedding at Bear Creek. We loved the rustic, yet modern feel of the resort, and were looking for a location where guests could stay the night on the premises (which in the Lehigh Valley area is hard to come... Read More by!). Throughout the process we used Therese as our planner. She did an awesome job with quickly answering my many questions in the months leading up to the wedding. As our wedding day approached she ensured that everything was organized and ready to go. The day of, everything was set up exactly as we had envisioned. The day progressed smoothly and every staff member worked hard to make sure that we had the perfect wedding day. In addition to the wedding reception being wonderful, the hotel staff was fabulous at catering to our guests and helping them feel at home over the wedding weekend. So many of our guests raved about the resort and the great service they received. The only small complaint we had was that we scheduled breakfast during the recommended hours the morning after the wedding; however, we were given a hard time about checking out a few minutes after 11 AM. As the bride and groom we thought the least they could do was to let us spend our breakfast with our guests, and check out after. Other than that it was an absolutely perfect venue. If we were to do it all over again, we would choose Bear Creek without any reservations.

Bear Creek Wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jennifer D

Bear Creek was wonderful. The wedding coordinator assigned to my wedding was fabulous. They made the process go extremely seamless and I never stressed at all while planning. The event staff was extremely attentive and made sure all the guests were being taken care of. The... Read More hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to all my over night guests. I had guests make their stay into long weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. I would highly recommend having a wedding here or any formal function.

Bcmr

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Jessica B

Bear creek was amazing for our wedding reception. They made the process so easy and non stressful. Wouldn't have picked a better place

Bear creek

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Kim S

Beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception. The Staff are great and the wedding planner helps with every detail.

An amazing experience!

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Judi S

I would very highly recommended Bear Creek to anyone considering this venue for a wedding and/or wedding reception. The staff was both professional and friendly, and I can't say enough about our coordinator (Lisa)! Her flawless attention to detail was equal only to her amazing... Read More ability to sense exactly what we'd like in every aspect of our day. We're thrilled that we chose Bear Creek!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Ashley W

We are so happy that we had our wedding at Bear Creek. So many of our friends and family said how impressed they were during their entire stay at Bear Creek, and well-executed the wedding is, which I can only take so much credit for. I recommend this venue to any bride - they... Read More are exceptionally organized and have systems to make sure that your day will be flawless. All of the staff at Bear Creek are fantastic... I plan to visit as often as possible!

Loved this place...

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Jeannine P

We had an amazing experience at Bear Creek. We worked with Lisa as our wedding coordinator, and we could not have asked for someone better! She was always quick to respond, happy to offer suggestions, and always ready to help with any request we had. The staff is incredibly... Read More helpful and friendly, and more than accommodating. Bear Creek met and exceeded all of our, our families, and our guests, expectations. Highly recommended!!

Amazing venue and service

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Pooja V

Bear Creek is a beautiful place but more importantly our coordinator Lisa was amazing. She took care of every detail. My wedding ceremony was supposed to be outside but it was too hot and there was a high chance of rain. She re-organized the indoor wedding to an area that was... Read More never used before and I loved it. The food was great. I emailed her non-stop and she responded immediately. I am so pleased that I picked this venue! It was also affordable and correctly priced for everything they include.

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Emily R

My husband and I got married on June 14, 2014 at Bear Creek and we could not have asked for a more perfect day. From the first visit we made to Bear Creek, we knew it was the best decision for our special day. The landscape was so picturesque, Therese Labour (our wedding... Read More coordinator) was so kind and helpful and all of the staff we met was very friendly. Planning a wedding from 8 hours away, let alone another country (Canada) is not easy but Therese and her team made it easy. She was very responsive via email and worked with us to coordinate visits around our scheduled trips to Pennsylvania. Starting with rehearsal the night before, Therese lead us and our officiant (whose first time it was doing a wedding) through the motions. She's clearly done this a few times before. She put us all at ease and worked well with our group, having fun along the way. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff was so helpful in allowing my husband and I to be able to sit back and enjoy the day. We were not stressed, maybe some excited nerves, but definitely not stress. I had handed all of our things off to Therese and her staff and they took to setting it up and handling the coordinating of vendor arrivals and set up. I was able to spend the morning with my bridesmaids, getting our hair done and just enjoying the moment. Our ceremony went off without a hitch (minus my veil trying to fly away!) and our guests all enjoyed the festivities. The food was spectacular and the banquet staff provided wonderful service. Like most couples, we didn't get a chance to eat much, but the staff was kind enough to pack up the 2 extra meals we had due to a last-minute cancellation. They even packed up some extra crab cakes at my husband's request! Which we thoroughly enjoyed the next evening! We had planned a little "after-party" When the food we had ordered for our "after party" went quickly, the staff was kind enough to bring out chips and pretzels to keep our guests fed! They really paid attention to the little details throughout the day. The majority of our guests were staying at the resort for the weekend and from check in to check out, they were very well taken care of. We heard numerous guests say how lovely the hotel was, how good the food was and how courteous the staff was. If you're looking for a beautiful location, spectacular food, and wonderful staff to work with, Bear Creek is definitely a great choice for you!

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Megan B

Bear Creek was absolutely perfect! We had an amazing weekend and a perfect reception. We could not have asked for anything better. Lisa and her team were wonderful and went above and beyond to make our day amazing. They took care of every detail and truly followed our vision for... Read More the day. The food was wonderful, our guests raved about the servers and the lodge was the perfect setting for our reception. I recommend Bear. Creek to everyone.

No Detail Forgotten!

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Hollie H

After an incredibly successful wedding and the best day we could have imagined, I would without a doubt recommend Bear Creek to anyone looking for super service and attention to detail. Erin was our coordinator. She took care of us from beginning to end and made our day as... Read More stress-free as possible. No matter how busy, Erin was always responsive to our calls, emails and unusual requests. It is clear from the first visit how experienced Bear Creek is at hosting weddings, and that shows in every encounter. It was the perfect venue for us - allowing us to have our ceremony and reception in one location, while providing a great location for our out-of-town guests to come together.