Beat Train Productions

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

480 Humboldt St, Brooklyn, NY
Serving New York City and Beyond

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

Me and my wife are Christians and music was one of the biggest hurdles for us. We didn't want anything that went in contrary with our faith. We wanted someone who didn't play the typical songs that every wedding plays but our main concern was to keep it as clean as possible.... Read More Elissa did that and much more. The combination of my extremely outgoing wife and Elissa's selection of music had everyone on the floor the whole night. She catered to everything we wanted. So happy we went with Elissa. The whole process with super smooth. Elissa was also very flexible and she responds to emails fairly quickly. Thank you Elissa!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Kym G

We had a great experience with Beat Train and DJ Elissa. She took the time to meet with us before the wedding and talk through the timeline and the type of music we wanted. Our wedding was wonderful, but the DJ was the thing we got the most compliments on!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Marina V

Beat Train was incredible! Their communication from first inquires to making last minute changes were always super professional and accommodating . We went with Elissa for our wedding, and she was amazing! We were pretty specific about wanting more fun indie/alternative... Read More music with a million requests. She somehow found the time to play everything we wanted and surprised us with a good amount of music that fit our taste. I don't think we ever thought it would be possible to have Justin Timberlake, Beach House, Pantera and Elvis Presley play at a wedding...but she made it happen so incredibly! Vendors like Beat Train and Elissa made our wedding planning super fun and took a lot of weight off our shoulders. Everything sounded flawless, from the guest arrival, ceremony songs, first dance...not one hiccup or equipment malfunction. Thank you a million Matty and Marina 9-5-15

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Adriana M

Sam is an amazing DJ!! And Beat Train was great to work with too. We used them for lighting and DJ services and could not have been more pleased. I highly recommend them! Sam was wonderful to work with and helped make our wedding night so special!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Elissa was amazing. From start to finish she was flawless. She did a great job preparing, asked the right questions, understood what we wanted, was flexible and accommodating with our requests, and all without being too present or overbearing - especially in the weeks leading up... Read More to the wedding. On the day of our wedding she was invisible (in the best way possible). We didn't see her until we were lining up for the ceremony at which point she said a quick hello and confirmed a change in timing of a song because it was raining and we had a space change. (Sidenote: we got married at a summer camp. It was POURING and we can't imagine how challenging it was to unload and set up in the rain. Trooper). During the reception, she had a great suggestion for our wedding party's entrance, which felt natural and was well received. We had a buffet and without asking, she announced when each table could get up to serve themselves (something we didn't consider). The music selection was spot on for our crowd and the mixing was excellent - the dance floor was packed all night (we think we may have even broken the floor). We received so many compliments from our guests about her professionalism and talent and have and will continue to share her name and information with anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you, Elissa for helping make our day memorable and incredibly fun.

Beat Train is awesome - we LOVE Jeff!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sarah C

We chose Beat Train Productions for our wedding on 8.28.15 - we specifically chose Jeff Durand and we seriously could not be any happier! We were referred to Beat Train by our wedding photographer - we knew he was great, and we knew he would know some other great wedding vendors... Read More as well! As a vendor, Jeff is just awesome. A great guy with a great attitude and personality - which is essential for a great wedding DJ. Jeff really knows his stuff and was able to make some great recommendations for us. He stopped at nothing to make sure we were happy! We got a TON of compliments on him, too. People said the music at our wedding was AWESOME, and I think my new in-laws wanted to take Jeff home! He definitely got an invite to the after-party :) Overall, working with Jeff was a great experience and I am sad we have to part ways! We would highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Laura K

When we decided to have a summer brunch wedding, our biggest worry was that it wouldn’t feel as fun as an evening party. As soon as we met with Elissa, we knew she had great taste and would handle our wedding perfectly, but we were still blown away by how everything turned out!... Read More She is very easy to get in touch with and answered all of our questions, and she went above and beyond to set up early in two different rooms of our venue. Elissa handled the music cues for our ceremony with perfect timing. When it came to the reception, she put together a great variety of music for our cocktail hour and dinner, and she made the announcements we needed elegantly. Elissa was an absolute genius at getting all of our guests onto the dance floor in the middle of the afternoon, and we got comments from so many of our guests about what a fantastic job she did. While we were on our honeymoon, my new husband and I even put together a playlist of our favorites from the day so that we could keep the dance party going in Cancun. Beat Train Productions make a point of managing the music for events in a way that isn’t cheesy or cliched, and Elissa went above and beyond to make our wedding into the classy, cool, and fun event we were hoping for!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Sam was our DJ. He was very professional and immediately reached out to us to setup a skype meeting to discuss our music needs. He understood exactly the types of artists and music we like ( we are 30 and requested primarily hiphop and dance hits from the 90s and 2000s). He... Read More was spot on during the wedding reception; the music was off the hook and it felt like we had our wedding at a dance club. He kept the energy level so high that people did not even want to leave the dance floor to finish their desserts! As important was his MC skills. He really pulled through on the wedding day and effectively acted as a day-of coordinator in terms of keeping us on time from the ceremony, to the speeches and cake cutting at the end. When timing was starting to get tight he instantly knew what was the best way to rearrange the schedule so that everything would work smoothly. Having him there really took the stress out of the wedding day and made us enjoy it immensely. I was a little skeptical about the cost initially, but I see now that it was really worth it for the competency and professionalism that we got in return,

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

My wife and I had an unbelievable time with Elissa as our wedding DJ. From the onset, she was super friendly and easily reachable. Prior to the big day, we chatted several times on the phone and met in person to review our music preferences as well as day of logistics. She... Read More was easy to work with, well organized (not to be overlooked - we had a different entrance song for each groomsman/bridesmaid pair as well as a four-song first dance remix), and most importantly, displayed a fantastic music selection that kept our guests on the dance floor bouncing away all night. Following the wedding, we had a number of guests complement us on the music asking for more info. I would easily recommend Elissa and Beat Train to any one looking for some top shelf music entertainment whatever the occasion might be.

Great Company

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Karen M

We worked with Greg Lanzillotta at our wedding at the Seaport Hotel in Boston. We were looking for a DJ that wasn't a MC and would play amazing music. Beat Train Productions met all our expectations and was amazingly in our budget. Greg helped us pick music to make everyone of... Read More all ages happy at our wedding. His music recommendations and selection kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Even the groom's mother who normally doesn't dance, loved the music he played. I recommend Beat Trains, especially Greg, to anyone that needs a DJ for their event.

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Elissa P. was a fantastic DJ for our wedding on June 6th, 2015! She judged the crowd and age-group very well. She was able to accomodate many different musical tastes. Our 86 year old grand mother loved the music, as did our hip NYC 20-something friends. Just when we thought... Read More our crowd was winding down, she helped give the group a second wind and no-one wanted to stop dancing! We highly recommend Beat Train and Elissa to couples looking for great music.

Great Beats!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Nicole L

Elissa P. and the staff we dealt with from beginning to end were nothing but professional. Elissa even referred us to a bridal expo where we found many of our other vendors! We had so many comments about how great our music choices were at our wedding! Everyone was dancing and... Read More having a blast! Elissa really took the time to get to know us and our music taste and followed all of our requests. We had a great time! If you are looking for a great DJ who is non-traditional Beat train is the way to go!!

I Actually Danced

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Elise O

One of the first things I shared with Joe Lopez on the phone during our pre-wedding consultation was that I don't dance. It's not that I don't like dancing or don't want to dance, it's that I have crippling social anxiety about dancing. And unfortunately for me, I usually have... Read More the hardest time with this at weddings. I was dreading my own wedding and having to dance in front of family and friends, and worried that I wouldn't be able to relax and let go. Joe heard my concerns and empathized without making me feel like a complete nutcase, and he really understood what I was saying. When it came to our actual wedding day, Joe played exactly the right mix of music for me to come out of my shell and I actually danced the entire night without any anxiety at all. I don't remember ever thinking, "I don't like this song" or "I can't dance to this" and Joe kept everyone having a great time. After the wedding, I had family members tell me it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding, and the compliments about Joe have continued to roll in. On top of the above, Joe was extremely professional. He showed up on time (actually, he was really early which alleviated a lot of anxiety on my part), was dressed nicely for our semi-formal event, and had the music under control from start to finish. He played everything we asked him to and made it all work together seamlessly, from the processional to our final dance song. I never felt like I had to babysit him or correct him, which I did unfortunately feel from some of the other vendors. Joe definitely was one of the best people I worked with in coordination of our day, and Beat Train in general made the entire process easy. 10/10 would recommend!

LEGEN (...wait for it...) DARY!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Regina D

I wanted to walk into our reception to the "Coming to America" "Queen to Be" song. I was embarrassed even mentioning it, but Ari from Beat Train was like, "Cool. Would you be open to me mixing it with "Sprach Zarathustra?" Let's just say, the end result was epic. Some guests... Read More cited our entrance song as their favorite part of the wedding. But it didn't end there. After our initial meeting, Ari realized right away that we were a silly couple, and he thought it would be fun to throw TV theme songs into our cocktail hour music. So many friends came up to me later saying, I was just about to take a sip of my drink, and I was like, "Wait, is that the A-Team theme song?! I couldn't stop laughing!" Beat Train delivered in a way that a band never could. Ari made creative choices, and he worked with us, and the end result was fantastic. The dance floor was always full. I read so many Beat Train reviews prior to our wedding that said the oldest person and the youngest person could always be found on the dance floor, and that's true! Beat Train makes everyone happy, especially the bride & groom!! BIG THANKS TO ARI & BEAT TRAIN!!

Seriously Best DJ - can not even find the words! But I will try ;-)

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Jill J

My DJ from Beat Train, Elissa Polansky was one of my favorite parts of my whole wedding! Right from the get go before the wedding she was amazing. She sat with my (than) fiancé and really spent time to find out what kind of a wedding we were having, what kind of vibe we... Read More wanted, what kind of music we wanted and what the guests would be expecting. She asked all the right questions and took notes. On top of that, she was cool, like, I kinda want to just hang out with you cool. She was a total pleasure to work with! The day of the wedding she was a complete Rockstar. I can not even count how many compliments we got on the music! She read the crowd like a magician and was somehow able to make the night flow along beautifully! I did not have a wedding coordinator and feel like without Elissa that would have been impossible but she was always there following along with the schedule we discussed beforehand making it all just happen. Everything was PERFECT! I seriously am such a lucky lucky girl for scoring such an AMAZING gal to DJ such a big night of my life. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH ELISSA!!!! -Jill Joyner

The MVP of our big day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Michelle M

We got married this past month and DJ Joe Lopez was by far the MVP of the afternoon. He was the most responsive, prompt, flexible, and amazing vendor we worked with! Aside from the fact that he had our music style down to T and had everyone of all ages of the dance floor... Read More non-stop, he was also able to in the moment take notes from our best man who put forth the most epic speech with music form his girlfriends iphone. There were several times where he played some of our favorite songs and we didn't even put them on our must play list. I had a friend MC the afternoon for me and it wasn't decided until the day of but Joe worked seamlessly with him. I can't say enough that he was the DJ of wedding day dreams. When planning my big day I had 3 priorities : 1. Music 2. Food 3. Venue and he beyond surpassed expectations.

We love Beat Train

Reviewed on 9/27/2014

We loved working with Elissa from Beat Train for our wedding. She was really easy to talk to about our music preferences - no judgements! - and she had great recommendations for what to play for an intergenerational crowd. We had a blast at our wedding dancing to the music she... Read More played -- and several guests complimented us on the quality of the DJing afterwards. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Diane M

After interviewing several DJ's, Elissa, from Beat Train was by far the number one choice of my daughter and son-in-law. Elissa was amazing for so many reasons! She was prompt in responding to emails and phone calls and eager to provide quality service. Elissa is very... Read More attentive to your needs and truly respects and listens to your input as was evidenced by the music she played throughout the wedding. She did a great job incorporating our requests and made great selections that kept everyone on the dance floor. Our guests had an amazing time!

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Kyle C

Elissa is an awesome DJ and we couldn't be happier! I really recommend using Beat Train.

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Suzanne K

We were looking for a DJ with great taste in music that was outside of the traditional (sometimes cheesy) wedding DJ. Beat Train had a lot of good options and we absolutely LOVED Elissa. We've received so many compliments on the music, even a couple months after the wedding. In... Read More addition to the end result, the process was organized and well thought out.

Great DJs!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Susie K

I had Joe Lopez and he did a great job and satisfied all of our expectations. I had very specific ideas of what kind of music we wanted played during the cocktail hour and through dinner, and I was able to work through the ideas with him. He was able to take my specific... Read More request of certain types of hiphop and jazz and turn it in to a 6 hour musical journey for our guests. Even 2 months after the wedding we continued to get compliments about the music. THANKS!!!

Great music all night

Reviewed on 5/24/2014 Laura S

My husband and I found Beat Train Productions online for our wedding DJ and were so happy with them. We worked with Joel, who was friendly and professional and really read the crowd well throughout the night. We requested a few must-play songs, but generally let him design the... Read More playlist as the event evolved through cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We couldn't have been happier with what we got!

Joe Lopez of Beat Train was awesome!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Kaitlyn M

We went with Beat Train initially for a few reasons -- they were responsive immediately to our inquiry, well rated, and reasonably priced. We met our DJ, Joe Lopez, one Saturday in Grand Central for coffee and discussion. After about a half hour, it was clear that he understood... Read More our needs and concerns. My fiance is a huge music buff, and we knew we'd have a crowd at the reception who wanted to DANCE! Joe definitely knew his stuff, and discussed the importance of playing to the crowd to keep the party going. Joe was extremely responsive during our planning process, including via email and Skype, and was very patient as we edited and sent in our requests and play lists. In the end, the party was amazing and everyone complimented us on an awesome dance party! Beat Train was easy to work with in terms of payment and response times, and Joe was an asset to us during our reception. We had such a great time!

Joe Lopez was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Jessica B

I could not recommend Joe Lopez from Beat Train in NY enough! We booked him from the reviews online. We met him over skype and spoke to him on the phone a few times. We didn't actually meet in person until our wedding day because we planned our wedding from out of town. He is... Read More really professional and easygoing. He played all the songs we asked him to, keep the party going, read the crowd well, and he made great announcements. He was a laid-back DJ, which was great for us, because we didn't want some crazy hype man. We had a daytime wedding with a lot of dance music. We had a Russian-Jewish and African-American wedding and the music we represented our cultures well. Joe played the hora, and we sent him MP3s of a few Russian songs which he played. We also had a good bit of Motown. Joe also did a great job with the timing of music for the ceremony. The dinner and cocktail hour music was also great. Beat Train gives you a form to fill out, which was really easy and helped us organize what we needed. I would recommend trusting Joe and not putting in too many must-play requests in advance. It helps him read the crowd and play what will keep people on the floor. Joe is a super nice guy as well. He came to the wedding looking very professional and formal in a nice suit, which was great since we had a fairly formal wedding. All in all, I would say that Joe Lopez was an amazing DJ.

Sam is THE man!

Reviewed on 4/03/2014

We're so glad we were able to get Sam Turner as our DJ for our wedding. From the start of the planning process to the end of the reception, he was just amazing. Sam dressed sharp, sounded sharp and kept pumping out awesome songs throughout the night. When the dancing started,... Read More there were no lulls, everything was seamless and we were getting more compliments on Sam than we were on my wife's wedding dress or my suit! Without question, we'd highly, HIGHLY recommend Mr. Turner for any of your wedding music needs. (We might have to get married again just to have another fun dance party with Sam)