DJs for your Vibrant, Worry-Free Celebration!

Beat Train Productions is a Boston based boutique DJ team. Our award-winning DJs are passionate about making your wedding celebration sublimely fresh, inspired, and wildly successful.

Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Indian, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving NYC, Tri-state area, and New England (347) 568-8987

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Christine W

My husband and I used Beat Train for DJing and a photo-booth at our wedding earlier this year, and they were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Eric was our photo-booth tech. He showed up early and did a great job. Our guests had a great time with the... Read More photo-booth and we now have dozens of funny and ridiculous photos of our guests. Sam Turner was our DJ, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Sam struck the rare balance of being simultaneously laid back and reassuring, while also taking the job very seriously -- being prompt and dedicated in everything he did for us. We had complete confidence that he'd do a great job from day one. He consistently went above and beyond what was required. He met with us several times to talk through music. He promptly exchanged emails back and forth, editing our first dance song to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. And, on the day of the wedding, he showed up hours earlier than he needed to so that he could familiarize himself with the space and resolve any lingering issues or questions. Most importantly, everyone at our wedding loved the music. Because we trusted Sam, we gave him some "must play" songs but otherwise told him to play what he thought people would enjoy. He read the crowd well, and had people dancing throughout the night. Everyone we worked with at Beat Train was great and accommodating, and we highly recommend them.

2017-07-02T17:49:32 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you had such a great experience. It was lovely working with you!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Laura R

We were lucky enough to have Ari, the owner, DJ our wedding. We knew he was going to be very good, but the dance party he threw was such a rager!!!!!!! Parents, bridesmaids, guests of guests, everyone was covered in blissed-out sweat, begging for him to play overtime. Dancing is... Read More incredibly important to me, that's why I'm reviewing that part first, but Ari delivered top-notch results in every category. He was organized, responsive, thoughtful, and professional. Most importantly, he read through our pages of song requests, and completely nailed our taste. He kept every generation dancing or head nodding throughout the day and night, which was really difficult because our taste veers toward the explicit. He was kind but stern in turning down songs that were on our do-not-play list, which was wonderful. He also played a mix of recorded songs and his own mixes, and I've been listening to his mixes on repeat since the wedding. He's so good at what he does, both running a company and performing & recording as a DJ. Thank you Ari <3

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Suzanne C

LOVED working with Beat Train! Elissa is the absolute best - their whole team was so responsive from the first email and really made the process leading up to the wedding stress-free. My husband and I were probably the worst because we have completely different tastes in music,... Read More but Elissa knew just what to do and offered her expertise on run of show etc. and absolutely killed it. We had a daytime wedding on a really hot day, so we weren't sure if everyone would be dancing the whole time but she kept an awesome vibe throughout the day - we've been getting compliments on how awesome she was ever since. THANK YOU Beat Train team!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Drew L

We had DJ Sam Turner for our wedding, where do I begin, he crushed it on every level. I told my wife that one of the things that mattered to me most was the music, I am so critical of the music at weddings (band and DJ) as I think it can make or break it. I looked through a ton... Read More of reviews and websites and ultimately settled on Beat Train for their great reviews and I loved the ability to listen to sample music from each of the DJs. I quickly picked Sam realizing he had a lot of my styles of pop, club but also some classics and his mixes and transitions were great. We met before the big day and he tried to get a feel for what we liked. This is where Sam came up big because I am not very good at describing what I like or wanted to say the least. I gave him some form of the following - "I like the popular stuff, I love EDM but don't make it like a club, I'm a Billy Joel guy but don't turn this into a sing along scene, and oh the 90's are cool too!". That was basically all he had to go on and he absolutely nailed it. We had an extra long reception, and I told him to have normal music for everyone until 11 and then we would transition for the next 1.5 hrs to more of a younger pop/club feel. He absolutely nailed it - he had all family members and friends up dancing for the first few hours and then seamlessly transitioned after 11 to a massive dance party with all my friends. All of my friends were remarking of the many weddings they had gone too recently, this was the one that they danced the most at. I had such high expectations and Sam over-delivered. I couldn't recommend him and Beat Train more.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Drew L

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Elyssa B

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding in Brooklyn. Sam could not have been a better choice. He met with us on more than one occasion, hopped on the phone and promptly emailed us back when we reached out. He took our wedding seriously and executed our vision. He edited... Read More processional songs, and honored our requests. Everyone complimented the music throughout the night, saying it was the best music at a wedding they have ever heard. We have Sam to thank for that. As soon as we met him, we knew we were in good hands! Thanks Sam and Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Jacki M

These guys are amazing! We had Greg Lanzillota DJ our wedding at Mount Hope Farm in Bristol RI and everyone LOVED him. We let him play what he felt was right (and a couple must plays) and it was great, he had the dance floor packed all night. And he helped us set up microphones... Read More for our ceremony too. Such a great company. Don't hesitate. If you want people to dance and you want a DJ who will listen to you, choose Greg! Also my husband feels the same way--not your typical wedding DJ, he says.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sara F

I absolutely LOVED working with DJ Sam Turner of Beat Train!! They are great because they do not play cliche wedding music or line dances and do not talk all night - they focus on the music, and most importantly, the music that you and your partner want to hear on your special... Read More day! Sam was so helpful and accommodating and very responsive as we put together our list of favorite songs and do not play songs. He really got our vision and took his time to ask us plenty of questions to make sure that he did a great job. I really loved how he coordinated directly with the wedding venue to sync up on the intros, timing of cake cutting, etc. He made it really easy for us! The music choices he picked could not have been more perfect! Our wedding will be remembered for years because our guests DID NOT STOP DANCING. You will not be disappointed with Beat Train - I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Tara Z

Words can't even begin to describe what an amazing job Ari did. From our first meeting with Ari, he made us feel comfortable and trust that he would do everything possible to make our wedding special. He was super accommodating with toss outs/announcements and his attention to... Read More detail was amazing. My husband and I have an eclectic taste in music, and Ari did an incredible job incorporating everything. Our wedding was a nonstop dance party. We also hired the photobooth which was a fantastic addition! Our guests had tons of fun in the booth and we have a great collection of gifs and photos to remember the zany parts of our wedding. Overall an amazing DJ company and Ari rocked it.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Paris L

We had DJ Sam Turner as our DJ and wedding emcee for our wedding. He was awesome and kept the crowd dancing during our reception. We met with him before the wedding and he was clearly on the same page with us with the vibe we wanted for our wedding and totally executed. On the... Read More day-of, he adjusted his playlist accordingly based on last-minute timeline changes and had the wedding run smoothly with his cues and announcements. We highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer H

I LOVED working with them and would definitely recommend the company to anyone. The music was obviously such an important part of our day and we are so so happy with how everything worked out. I can't express my happiness enough!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jessica W

We loved working with Sam Turner from Beat Train! He was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding, and was very punctual, professional and detail oriented on the wedding day. Sam was an equally phenomenal MC as we was a DJ--he was easily able to work the crowd and capture... Read More their attention for the speeches and dances. Our reception felt so fun because Sam had everyone dancing the whole night! We love Sam and would recommend him to any bride or party planner!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Matthew A

We had the pleasure of having Elissa Polansky from Beat Train DJ our wedding, and from the very beginning of the process she handled our event with the utmost professionalism. She is incredibly experienced in her craft and has a vast knowledge in music so that she can execute... Read More any type of music you would like played. Elissa worked very hard in guiding us through the whole process and helped us greatly when we were having difficulty deciding on songs. She had the guests at our wedding dancing up a storm and knew just what to play to please the crowd. We were 100% satisfied with choosing Elissa and we cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 J C

Sam from Beat Train Productions DJ'd our wedding recently, and he was amazing! So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and it's largely due to Sam doing such a great job of keeping the party going! Throughout the planning process, he was... Read More responsive and flexible, and wanted us to have exactly the kind of party we imagined. There was hardly a moment when our guests weren't dancing. We had such a great time and feel so lucky to have found Beat Train Productions and Sam in particular to help throw an incredible party on the best day of our lives!

2017-01-29T18:04:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you - so great working with you!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Eric M

We had Nick as our DJ in Boston and we couldn't have been more happy with our decision. He was friendly, helpful and responsive during the planning stage and was quite simply the best DJ we could've asked for during our reception. He is very knowledgable about all types of... Read More music and you can immediately tell that he loves music and people. He was also very accommodating and helpful with some very specific song requests and helping us find a version of our first dance song that we liked. Most importantly, he knows how to read a crowd and play the right music to get everyone dancing. Its difficult to think of a wedding that either of us have been to with a more lively dance floor - and that is all thanks to Nick. If he's available HIRE HIM. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nicole S

We had Sam T. as our DJ and he was wonderful! He made it a point to understand exactly the vibe we were going for and delivered on all of our requests. He even kept track of the timeline better than our own day of coordinator did! He was great at reading the crowd to make sure... Read More everyone was having a good time.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Alicia H

The music was one of the easiest components of the wedding planning process. Sam was great a communicating from the start. We had multiple Skype calls with Sam and were unable to meet him until the wedding day. Throughout our Skype calls, Sam was very organized, diligent and... Read More ready to help. We sent him a few of our Spotify playlists and he was able to incorporate a mix of our favorites but also took initiative to add his personal touch. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and Sam listened to all of our requests. There was a nice mix for the entire crowd (playing some classics to today’s hits) just like we asked. We have several friends getting married this year, and many have asked who our DJ was. We would highly recommend Sam.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Amanda S

Our wedding day was perfect and Beat Train was a big contribution to that. Music was a very important part of the day for us and our DJ, Seth Isaacs, delivered throughout. We read Beat Train reviews on Wedding Wire and Yelp and the thing that stood out to us the most was that... Read More the DJs had club experience and they weren’t just for weddings. We also liked that their goal was to not inject too much DJ personality into the wedding or be the center of the attention. After contacting Beat Train and getting a list of DJs available for our date, we were able to use their website to listen to sample mixes and announcement videos from each one and pick the best fit for us. Our wedding was in Rhode Island but Seth was able to meet us in the Boston area beforehand and he had no problem traveling to our venue for the day. Seth was flexible in meeting us in-person twice, once before we booked and once just before the wedding. In between, Seth was available by phone and email (and meeting if we wanted) and answered all our questions. At each meeting, Seth took notes and offered us guidance and advice. We used Seth for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had debated using a live musician for the ceremony and maybe cocktail hour, but we didn’t miss it. Beat Train provided a wedding planner document to fill out prior to the wedding, which we discussed with Seth at our second meeting. Because Seth was providing sound for so many aspects of our day, we had very specific song selections and instructions on when to play certain songs and for how long. We were worried this may have been too much detail but Seth nailed every request from the ceremony to the introductions to the official dances. For the ceremony, Seth’s sound system and microphones sounded great and everyone was able to hear clearly. He also coordinated with other vendors to ensure we had everything covered and that the videographer could get the audio they needed. We gave Seth a list of artists and songs that we liked for the cocktail hour and dinner and he created a custom genre for each. The vibe he created was exactly what we were looking for and several friends told us they loved the cocktail hour. For the dance party, he kept the music flowing and kept everyone dancing all night. An important detail for us was the song mixing and Seth did a great job. There were no gaps or lulls and he nailed all the transitions. Seth also did a great job of selecting songs from a large list of "maybe plays" we gave him while still reading the crowd and playing his own selections. Lastly, even though he DJs so many weddings, it seemed like he was still into the music and having a great time at ours. He had a very important role for us and we can’t thank him enough for contributing to our perfect day!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Michelle M

This review is dedicated to Mr. DJ Sam!!! I don't know how to put into words how amazing, talented and thankful we are for Sam Turner. Working with Sam was THE BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process. From a planning perspective, he was extremely personable, on top... Read More of his game, hilarious and reassuring. We completely trusted him and we knew we were in excellent hands. I told Sam that I wanted the music to feel like the worlds greatest jukebox and he killed it!! We danced all night long!! One song would play and we would lose our minds and then he'd follow it with another and we would lose our minds...but for the entire night! Our guests that night and still to this day talk about the music. Even the caterer asked for Sam's contact information and said how insane the music was and they attend weddings everyday, so TRUST. From the cocktail hour (which the guests came out to Chance the Rapper! SAM! amazing), to the song I danced down the aisle to, first dance, reception, every moment! Thank you, Sam for making our day so memorable. You made our day! You're very talented and we feel so lucky to have worked with you. Thank you also to Beat Train, super nice and easy to work with. But just one more time, thank you, Sam! You're the best!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016

Our DJ for our big day was Sam Turner and he definitely nailed it. He had everyone dancing and cheering the entire time of our reception. After speaking to him for the first 5 minutes of meeting with him my husband and I felt comfortable enough to say lets just wing it. Sam had... Read More a great sense in what kind of music we both wanted for our wedding day and he did an awesome job. My friends are still saying this is the best wedding they have every been too. Thank you Sam for making this day so special and I hope to do another event with you in the near future. If anyone is looking for a great DJ Sam is def your Man!!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016

Sam @ Beat Train Production -- is a great DJ, worth every penny Multiple people commented on the DJ playing great music, but also reading the room to recognize when people were loving a song or were ready for the next song Highly recommend him for your Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Max X

Our goals for the night: no trap music, keep the dance floor packed, and make sure speeches/announcements flowed seamlessly. Seth was amazing and we received many requests for our playlist (sorry y'all, you gotta hire a professional like we did!). Pre-wedding worksheet with... Read More suggested genres was super helpful, as well as "do not play" list to rule out certain songs. When your mother-in-law and college buddies are both happy with the music, you know you've found a good DJ. I highly recommend DJ Seth!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Ryan L

Our whole experience working with Beat Train was great. We picked Elissa to DJ our wedding and she was great to work with through the whole process. We had a few video conferences planning sessions with her and she was prompt to respond to all emails including giving... Read More recommendations and coordinating directly with our venue to make sure everything was perfect the day of. The day of ended up great, she ended up playing alot of our recommendations mixed with a selection of other music that matched our taste perfectly. We received many compliments on how great a mix it was and she did a great emcee as well. Highest recommendation for both Beat Train and Elissa

Reviewed on 11/21/2016

We worked with Jeff Durand from Beat Train Productions for our wedding on 9/4/2016. He was awesome! Jeff was extremely flexible and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. He also provided excellent guidance to help us plan the music and logistics for our big day.... Read More Jeff also shared some beneficial advice on all of the details such as the entrance/exit, ceremony ideas, timing, logistics, etc. The guidance he provided was invaluable. His music choices and timing on our wedding day were also spot on and he kept the party moving all night long. All of our guests were up and dancing from the jump and they all commented on how great Jeff and the music was. Jeff accommodated all suitable request and made sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Overall, he was extremely detail oriented, responsive and handled himself in a very professional manner. I would highly recommend Jeff Durand and Beat Train Productions for your wedding and/or any other type of function.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kaitlin M

We worked with Nick F. for our wedding on 8/5/2016. He was AMAZING! Extremely knowledgable about music and gave us some really great tips on entrance/exit, ceremony ideas etc. He met with us twice before the big day to go over all the details, which as a detail-obsessed,... Read More over-analyzing bride, I really appreciated. Also, he knows how to read the crowed and keep the party going all night! Thanks Nick!!

Ari Rosenfield

In 2006, as an eclectic club DJ, I started Beat Train Productions with the goal of offering the finest DJs available for weddings and private events. Since then, we've become one of the most acclaimed in the business, and our couples have come to rely on us to understand their vision, provide personalized service, and to throw amazing celebrations, all the while, keeping it classy.