DJs for your Vibrant, Worry-Free Celebration!

Beat Train Productions is a Boston based boutique DJ team. Our award-winning DJs are passionate about making your wedding celebration sublimely fresh, inspired, and wildly successful.

African, Bollywood, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Serving NYC, Tri-state area, and New England (347) 568-8987

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Christine W

My husband and I used Beat Train for DJing and a photo-booth at our wedding earlier this year, and they were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Eric was our photo-booth tech. He showed up early and did a great job. Our guests had a great time with the... Read More photo-booth and we now have dozens of funny and ridiculous photos of our guests. Sam Turner was our DJ, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Sam struck the rare balance of being simultaneously laid back and reassuring, while also taking the job very seriously -- being prompt and dedicated in everything he did for us. We had complete confidence that he'd do a great job from day one. He consistently went above and beyond what was required. He met with us several times to talk through music. He promptly exchanged emails back and forth, editing our first dance song to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. And, on the day of the wedding, he showed up hours earlier than he needed to so that he could familiarize himself with the space and resolve any lingering issues or questions. Most importantly, everyone at our wedding loved the music. Because we trusted Sam, we gave him some "must play" songs but otherwise told him to play what he thought people would enjoy. He read the crowd well, and had people dancing throughout the night. Everyone we worked with at Beat Train was great and accommodating, and we highly recommend them.

2017-07-02T17:49:32 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you had such a great experience. It was lovely working with you!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Laura R

We were lucky enough to have Ari, the owner, DJ our wedding. We knew he was going to be very good, but the dance party he threw was such a rager!!!!!!! Parents, bridesmaids, guests of guests, everyone was covered in blissed-out sweat, begging for him to play overtime. Dancing is... Read More incredibly important to me, that's why I'm reviewing that part first, but Ari delivered top-notch results in every category. He was organized, responsive, thoughtful, and professional. Most importantly, he read through our pages of song requests, and completely nailed our taste. He kept every generation dancing or head nodding throughout the day and night, which was really difficult because our taste veers toward the explicit. He was kind but stern in turning down songs that were on our do-not-play list, which was wonderful. He also played a mix of recorded songs and his own mixes, and I've been listening to his mixes on repeat since the wedding. He's so good at what he does, both running a company and performing & recording as a DJ. Thank you Ari <3

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Suzanne C

LOVED working with Beat Train! Elissa is the absolute best - their whole team was so responsive from the first email and really made the process leading up to the wedding stress-free. My husband and I were probably the worst because we have completely different tastes in music,... Read More but Elissa knew just what to do and offered her expertise on run of show etc. and absolutely killed it. We had a daytime wedding on a really hot day, so we weren't sure if everyone would be dancing the whole time but she kept an awesome vibe throughout the day - we've been getting compliments on how awesome she was ever since. THANK YOU Beat Train team!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Katie F

Sam Turner was our wedding DJ, and we cannot say enough about how amazing he was to work with and how much fun we and all our guests had on the dance floor! It was nearly 100 degrees outside and the whole dance floor was absolutely PACKED. He met with us several times by phone... Read More (because we could not meet him in person due to living in another state) to ensure he had a great sense of what we wanted and more than met our expectations. Also, he was just a kind and warm person. Beat train was also really responsive and accommodating as a company. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Elizabeth D

Greg was the most amazing DJ. He worked with us to find the perfect mix of music. He also used his judgement throughout the evening to keep the music flowing. We were so impressed with him and would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Jenny C

Beat Train Productions, specifically Sam Turner was the best DJ we could've ever asked for. He had us at Tribe Called Quest + Wu Tang Clan. Sam was really easy going, personable, and super accommodating to our DJ needs. He had our entire guest list on the dance floor including... Read More all the grandparents. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Courtney C

First thing is first! Our DJ, Perry, and everyone at Beat Train, were incredibly prompt, warm, and professional in all of their correspondences! Thank you! Overall, I will say that my husband and I were incredibly relaxed and comforted going into our wedding day with having... Read More Beat Train and DJ Perry Levy booked. We knew that they would have the entertainment under control. Perry was so chill and really understanding of the vibe we wanted to create at our wedding--lots of fun, lots of throwbacks, and lots of good memories! I would definitely recommend Beat Train and Perry to anyone! We were super spoiled by our vendors for our wedding since almost all of them were perfect. With that said, there were a couple of points to mention. There were a couple of times that when a song ended, it started to replay. He caught it; and fixed it, but we had so many songs on our playlist that every second mattered. Additionally, when we were announced into our venue, an error was made. I believe we were announced with the word "Mr." in front of both of our names. That was a slip up, which happens, so hopefully it was picked up by our videographers! This next comment is purely for Beat Train to consider as an "even better next time" kind of thing...But, it would have been incredibly helpful if we were given some kind of heads up regarding when our first dance and cake cutting would start. We did finalize our timeline with Perry; however, as you can imagine once you are in the middle of your wedding reception, time gets ahead of you. Overall, my husband and I agree that Perry was an AWESOME, great guy, who went with the flow and vibe of our wedding and was able to find some pretty obscure songs (note: we asked for the Golden Girls theme song to be played at EXACTLY the moment when my sister finished her speech, and he did not disappoint...the timing was perfect! second note: I surprised my husband by singing "The Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John; and, Perry was able to track down an instrumental version of this. His timing in playing it was perfect, too. I think the little issues indicated were the result of Perry being a really cool person and getting caught up in the fun of the event! I'd not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Aerin H

Mike Hagadorn was the DJ for my wedding and I could not be happier with the job he did. We gave him a few artists we liked, and he took that information and put together an awesome playlist. To this day, people still mention that we had great music at the wedding. He was very... Read More professional, reliable, and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Ari N

I am at a loss for words when it comes to describing how much of a relief it was to work with such a professional and nice group of individuals. We were married at the Bronx Zoo in May and declined their preferred vendors for BeatTrain. Best decision we could have made! DJ Mike... Read More Haggardorn was wonderful. Our guests are still complimenting the music and how much fun they had dancing all night (I almost wish you could see a clip from the wedding!). We also included the Photo Booth which was so much fun. Not to mention, they are extremely fair with pricing. I would not look anywhere else.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Mike D

I found Beat Train simply through a Google search. If you're into cheesy DJs who talk over the music and try to "pump" everyone up, this is not for you. If you want professionalism, class, accommodating and overall superb service look no further. Go through Beat Train. We had DJ... Read More Shane Page and not only did our wedding coordinator at the venue say he was the earliest DJ to arrive and prep, she said he was the best dressed DJ she ever had there. With that said, Shane performed all the songs exactly how we wanted and when we wanted. He even gave insight as to what would work and what wouldn't work as per our requests. That's what you want in a DJ. No cheap cheesy commentating during the setlist, just strictly about making everyone there have a good time and bringing nothing but class to your wedding day. Couldn't ask for a better night. Thanks Beat Train and thanks Shane.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Kimberly E

We booked Beat Train after we searched for “non-cheesy DJ New Jersey”. Music was the top priority for me. I wanted to be on the dance floor all night along with my guests, and Beat Train delivered. Sam Turner was our DJ and he was perfect. We video chatted with him before the... Read More wedding and spoke via phone and email leading up to the day to go over any final details. We only had a few “must play” songs and he incorporated them perfectly. He’s the professional, we wanted him to just do his thing and he did! The way Sam read the crowd was incredible. The reviews speak for themselves. Book Beat Train. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Cathy T

We had seen Sam Turner DJ another wedding and were really impressed with him, so my husband and I were thrilled to get him as the DJ for our wedding! Sam was really great, meeting with us at the venue to help us figure out logistics, and chatting over the phone and email as... Read More well. We needed some help figuring out what kind of music we wanted for the different sections of our wedding, and Sam really held our hand through that selection process. The day of, he kept everybody dancing, and was an awesome emcee for the speeches. Really, truly flawless. I will be recommending him and Beat Train to anybody who will listen!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erma Rose S

Working with Perry, our DJ from Beat Train, was an absolute pleasure. Easy-going and professional, he maintained the style that we wanted, and was completely adaptable when little hiccups, unavoidable as they were, happened. His MC-ing was impeccable, and his playlist and dance... Read More mix were downright fun. I would highly recommend these guys, especially Perry, for anyone's wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Marissa M

Seth Isaacs was our DJ and he was unbelievable! He called us beforehand and asked us questions we hadn’t thought of, he was fabulous the night of our party and did a great job adapting to the crowd. Guests reached out to me days later telling me how much they liked Seth. He did... Read More an excellent job and I highly recommend!

2017-10-22T15:31:30 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Emily H

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in... Read More communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Todd R

We first heard Seth Issacs DJ at another friend's wedding. He had the dance floor packed the minute the music started and kept it that way all night. We know that our friends and family love to dance and we had to have the best. We knew exactly who we wanted for our wedding, and... Read More booked Seth the same day we set the date. Seth was very easy to communicate with while we planned our wedding. He listened to what we wanted, gave us great advice, and even met with us on location to help us understand set up and lighting. His preparation document was very thorough and very helpful as we planned the reception. He was a great sounding board as we considered options, and he took each and every one of our requests professionally, and incorporated each of those requests seamlessly in to our evening. Just as we hoped, Seth had the dance floor completely packed from the first to the last song. Seth is a huge reason our wedding was so wonderful. The top comment from our guests was the quality and energy of the music. We would not have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Eliza L

Greg Lanzillotta was the DJ at our wedding and was amazing! He DJed my sister's wedding 2 years ago and as soon as I got engaged my first decision was to hire Greg again. He was super helpful with timing of everything that had to get done throughout the night (i.e. speeches and... Read More parent dances) and discretely came over to us to make suggestions to keep us on track, knowing what our goal timeline was for the evening. We didn't have to think about anything or keep on eye on the clock because we knew we could rely on him. He had many questions about our music preferences--questions we didn't even think about needing to answer until he asked them--because he was just that thorough with making sure he knew what music we wanted. We had some very specific requests (no top 40) and some more broad requests (specific genres). We also made some sample Spotify playlists with examples of what we would like played and he played several specific songs from those playlists. We left the rest up to him to fill in the blanks and he did an amazing job; people told us after the wedding that they wanted our playlist for their own wedding! I suggested they reach out to Greg because he was so great. He didn't talk unless necessary (making the introductions, announcing each event, announcing the buses, last call, etc) which is nice because some DJs can talk too much. He kept a large crowd dancing the whole night! It was a great price and I would recommend Greg to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jennifer L

DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions were simply the best! DJ Sam killed it at our wedding - such an amazing playlist and you couldn't get our guests off the dance floor. It was truly a pleasure working with this team and would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lisa P

Nick Ferrington performed at our Sept. '17 wedding and was exceptional. Personally, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding guests' experience -- accordingly, I had high expectations/standards. Nick exceeded expectations and delivered on every aspect of the job. It... Read More started with Nick's responsiveness & reliability leading up to the wedding day and continued with his day-of performance. Nick's music selection and read of the crowd was spot-on as he created a lively dance floor. It was clear that Nick took into account our music tastes/preferences relayed during consultation: his song choices and timing were perfect. Moreover, Nick's energy, announcing, and articulation were flawless, seamlessly transitioning in and out of all formalities. Last but not least, Nick was professional and easy to work with. Multiple wedding guests commented on the dance floor and music selection, and one guest even asked for Nick's contact information. My wife and I could not have been happier with our DJ experience - excellent all around.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Rebecca F

DJ Spencer Henderson was perfect for our wedding. He was professional, engaging, fun, kept the dance floor full, and most importantly, listened exactly to what we wanted for our big day. He was very responsive, helpful, and thorough in the lead up to the wedding. Day of the... Read More wedding he was genuinely happy to be there to celebrate with us and made sure everything went according to plan. Everyone who interacted with him from our families, friends and other vendors had nothing but great things to say about him. If you are looking for a DJ who is not all over the mic, but is truly there to make your event as fun and "about you" as possible, we highly recommend DJ Spencer from Boston Beat Train Productions! Thanks, Spencer!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Nora M

We hired Beat Train Productions and Greg Lanzillotta to DJ our wedding this past July at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, MA. We cannot say enough good things about working with this company and Greg! After a previously disastrous interaction with a DJ that we almost hired, we... Read More felt extremely lucky to have found Beat Train. From the very beginning, Beat Train was professional, communicative and thorough. They put us directly in touch with our DJ, Greg, who was always prompt and helpful in answering our questions. We met with Greg in person about 2 months before the wedding to go over everything. Greg was so personable and easy to get along with. He went above and beyond to meet our requests and work with our ceremony musicians to ensure that everything went smoothly. On the day of our wedding, Greg was the perfect emcee- classy and not at all invasive to the overall “feel” of the day. Greg was amazing at reading the crowd (we had quite the diverse bunch!) and our dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests are still raving about what a great job Greg did! We would HIGHLY recommend working with Beat Train and Greg Lanzillotta!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Drew L

We had DJ Sam Turner for our wedding, where do I begin, he crushed it on every level. I told my wife that one of the things that mattered to me most was the music, I am so critical of the music at weddings (band and DJ) as I think it can make or break it. I looked through a ton... Read More of reviews and websites and ultimately settled on Beat Train for their great reviews and I loved the ability to listen to sample music from each of the DJs. I quickly picked Sam realizing he had a lot of my styles of pop, club but also some classics and his mixes and transitions were great. We met before the big day and he tried to get a feel for what we liked. This is where Sam came up big because I am not very good at describing what I like or wanted to say the least. I gave him some form of the following - "I like the popular stuff, I love EDM but don't make it like a club, I'm a Billy Joel guy but don't turn this into a sing along scene, and oh the 90's are cool too!". That was basically all he had to go on and he absolutely nailed it. We had an extra long reception, and I told him to have normal music for everyone until 11 and then we would transition for the next 1.5 hrs to more of a younger pop/club feel. He absolutely nailed it - he had all family members and friends up dancing for the first few hours and then seamlessly transitioned after 11 to a massive dance party with all my friends. All of my friends were remarking of the many weddings they had gone too recently, this was the one that they danced the most at. I had such high expectations and Sam over-delivered. I couldn't recommend him and Beat Train more.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Brianna S

We absolutely loved working with Spencer and the Beat Train Production team! Music was definitely one of our top priorities and Spencer exceeded all our expectations! Spencer is so nice to work with and he took the time to meet with us before our wedding for a few hours to... Read More discuss our musical tastes and all of the wedding logistics. He also sent a really helpful worksheet before our big day and did an amazing job fielding everyone's song requests. We had a lot of different age groups at our wedding and he was able to get everyone on the dance floor! All of our guests were telling us they loved our DJ and had so much fun dancing at our wedding. We highly recommend booking Spencer from Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Elyssa B

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding in Brooklyn. Sam could not have been a better choice. He met with us on more than one occasion, hopped on the phone and promptly emailed us back when we reached out. He took our wedding seriously and executed our vision. He edited... Read More processional songs, and honored our requests. Everyone complimented the music throughout the night, saying it was the best music at a wedding they have ever heard. We have Sam to thank for that. As soon as we met him, we knew we were in good hands! Thanks Sam and Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 B M

Tim Ahler is amazing. Kind, professional, responsive--I would highly recommend his services. Also worth noting is that Tim's presence was relevant and subtle--I have been to weddings that end with the DJ doing the worm on the dance floor--not cute.

Ari Rosenfield

In 2006, as an eclectic club DJ, I started Beat Train Productions with the goal of offering the finest DJs available for weddings and private events. Since then, we've become one of the most acclaimed in the business, and our couples have come to rely on us to understand their vision, provide personalized service, and to throw amazing celebrations, all the while, keeping it classy.