DJs for your Vibrant, Worry-Free Celebration!

Beat Train Productions is a Boston based boutique DJ team. Our award-winning DJs are passionate about making your wedding celebration sublimely fresh, inspired, and wildly successful.

Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Indian, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving NYC, Tri-state area, and New England (347) 568-8987

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Christine W

My husband and I used Beat Train for DJing and a photo-booth at our wedding earlier this year, and they were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Eric was our photo-booth tech. He showed up early and did a great job. Our guests had a great time with the... Read More photo-booth and we now have dozens of funny and ridiculous photos of our guests. Sam Turner was our DJ, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Sam struck the rare balance of being simultaneously laid back and reassuring, while also taking the job very seriously -- being prompt and dedicated in everything he did for us. We had complete confidence that he'd do a great job from day one. He consistently went above and beyond what was required. He met with us several times to talk through music. He promptly exchanged emails back and forth, editing our first dance song to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. And, on the day of the wedding, he showed up hours earlier than he needed to so that he could familiarize himself with the space and resolve any lingering issues or questions. Most importantly, everyone at our wedding loved the music. Because we trusted Sam, we gave him some "must play" songs but otherwise told him to play what he thought people would enjoy. He read the crowd well, and had people dancing throughout the night. Everyone we worked with at Beat Train was great and accommodating, and we highly recommend them.

2017-07-02T17:49:32 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you had such a great experience. It was lovely working with you!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Laura R

We were lucky enough to have Ari, the owner, DJ our wedding. We knew he was going to be very good, but the dance party he threw was such a rager!!!!!!! Parents, bridesmaids, guests of guests, everyone was covered in blissed-out sweat, begging for him to play overtime. Dancing is... Read More incredibly important to me, that's why I'm reviewing that part first, but Ari delivered top-notch results in every category. He was organized, responsive, thoughtful, and professional. Most importantly, he read through our pages of song requests, and completely nailed our taste. He kept every generation dancing or head nodding throughout the day and night, which was really difficult because our taste veers toward the explicit. He was kind but stern in turning down songs that were on our do-not-play list, which was wonderful. He also played a mix of recorded songs and his own mixes, and I've been listening to his mixes on repeat since the wedding. He's so good at what he does, both running a company and performing & recording as a DJ. Thank you Ari <3

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Suzanne C

LOVED working with Beat Train! Elissa is the absolute best - their whole team was so responsive from the first email and really made the process leading up to the wedding stress-free. My husband and I were probably the worst because we have completely different tastes in music,... Read More but Elissa knew just what to do and offered her expertise on run of show etc. and absolutely killed it. We had a daytime wedding on a really hot day, so we weren't sure if everyone would be dancing the whole time but she kept an awesome vibe throughout the day - we've been getting compliments on how awesome she was ever since. THANK YOU Beat Train team!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Mike D

I found Beat Train simply through a Google search. If you're into cheesy DJs who talk over the music and try to "pump" everyone up, this is not for you. If you want professionalism, class, accommodating and overall superb service look no further. Go through Beat Train. We had DJ... Read More Shane Page and not only did our wedding coordinator at the venue say he was the earliest DJ to arrive and prep, she said he was the best dressed DJ she ever had there. With that said, Shane performed all the songs exactly how we wanted and when we wanted. He even gave insight as to what would work and what wouldn't work as per our requests. That's what you want in a DJ. No cheap cheesy commentating during the setlist, just strictly about making everyone there have a good time and bringing nothing but class to your wedding day. Couldn't ask for a better night. Thanks Beat Train and thanks Shane.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Kimberly E

We booked Beat Train after we searched for “non-cheesy DJ New Jersey”. Music was the top priority for me. I wanted to be on the dance floor all night along with my guests, and Beat Train delivered. Sam Turner was our DJ and he was perfect. We video chatted with him before the... Read More wedding and spoke via phone and email leading up to the day to go over any final details. We only had a few “must play” songs and he incorporated them perfectly. He’s the professional, we wanted him to just do his thing and he did! The way Sam read the crowd was incredible. The reviews speak for themselves. Book Beat Train. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Cathy T

We had seen Sam Turner DJ another wedding and were really impressed with him, so my husband and I were thrilled to get him as the DJ for our wedding! Sam was really great, meeting with us at the venue to help us figure out logistics, and chatting over the phone and email as... Read More well. We needed some help figuring out what kind of music we wanted for the different sections of our wedding, and Sam really held our hand through that selection process. The day of, he kept everybody dancing, and was an awesome emcee for the speeches. Really, truly flawless. I will be recommending him and Beat Train to anybody who will listen!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erma Rose S

Working with Perry, our DJ from Beat Train, was an absolute pleasure. Easy-going and professional, he maintained the style that we wanted, and was completely adaptable when little hiccups, unavoidable as they were, happened. His MC-ing was impeccable, and his playlist and dance... Read More mix were downright fun. I would highly recommend these guys, especially Perry, for anyone's wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Marissa M

Seth Isaacs was our DJ and he was unbelievable! He called us beforehand and asked us questions we hadn’t thought of, he was fabulous the night of our party and did a great job adapting to the crowd. Guests reached out to me days later telling me how much they liked Seth. He did... Read More an excellent job and I highly recommend!

2017-10-22T15:31:30 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Emily H

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in... Read More communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Todd R

We first heard Seth Issacs DJ at another friend's wedding. He had the dance floor packed the minute the music started and kept it that way all night. We know that our friends and family love to dance and we had to have the best. We knew exactly who we wanted for our wedding, and... Read More booked Seth the same day we set the date. Seth was very easy to communicate with while we planned our wedding. He listened to what we wanted, gave us great advice, and even met with us on location to help us understand set up and lighting. His preparation document was very thorough and very helpful as we planned the reception. He was a great sounding board as we considered options, and he took each and every one of our requests professionally, and incorporated each of those requests seamlessly in to our evening. Just as we hoped, Seth had the dance floor completely packed from the first to the last song. Seth is a huge reason our wedding was so wonderful. The top comment from our guests was the quality and energy of the music. We would not have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Eliza L

Greg Lanzillotta was the DJ at our wedding and was amazing! He DJed my sister's wedding 2 years ago and as soon as I got engaged my first decision was to hire Greg again. He was super helpful with timing of everything that had to get done throughout the night (i.e. speeches and... Read More parent dances) and discretely came over to us to make suggestions to keep us on track, knowing what our goal timeline was for the evening. We didn't have to think about anything or keep on eye on the clock because we knew we could rely on him. He had many questions about our music preferences--questions we didn't even think about needing to answer until he asked them--because he was just that thorough with making sure he knew what music we wanted. We had some very specific requests (no top 40) and some more broad requests (specific genres). We also made some sample Spotify playlists with examples of what we would like played and he played several specific songs from those playlists. We left the rest up to him to fill in the blanks and he did an amazing job; people told us after the wedding that they wanted our playlist for their own wedding! I suggested they reach out to Greg because he was so great. He didn't talk unless necessary (making the introductions, announcing each event, announcing the buses, last call, etc) which is nice because some DJs can talk too much. He kept a large crowd dancing the whole night! It was a great price and I would recommend Greg to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jennifer L

DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions were simply the best! DJ Sam killed it at our wedding - such an amazing playlist and you couldn't get our guests off the dance floor. It was truly a pleasure working with this team and would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lisa P

Nick Ferrington performed at our Sept. '17 wedding and was exceptional. Personally, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding guests' experience -- accordingly, I had high expectations/standards. Nick exceeded expectations and delivered on every aspect of the job. It... Read More started with Nick's responsiveness & reliability leading up to the wedding day and continued with his day-of performance. Nick's music selection and read of the crowd was spot-on as he created a lively dance floor. It was clear that Nick took into account our music tastes/preferences relayed during consultation: his song choices and timing were perfect. Moreover, Nick's energy, announcing, and articulation were flawless, seamlessly transitioning in and out of all formalities. Last but not least, Nick was professional and easy to work with. Multiple wedding guests commented on the dance floor and music selection, and one guest even asked for Nick's contact information. My wife and I could not have been happier with our DJ experience - excellent all around.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Rebecca F

DJ Spencer Henderson was perfect for our wedding. He was professional, engaging, fun, kept the dance floor full, and most importantly, listened exactly to what we wanted for our big day. He was very responsive, helpful, and thorough in the lead up to the wedding. Day of the... Read More wedding he was genuinely happy to be there to celebrate with us and made sure everything went according to plan. Everyone who interacted with him from our families, friends and other vendors had nothing but great things to say about him. If you are looking for a DJ who is not all over the mic, but is truly there to make your event as fun and "about you" as possible, we highly recommend DJ Spencer from Boston Beat Train Productions! Thanks, Spencer!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Nora M

We hired Beat Train Productions and Greg Lanzillotta to DJ our wedding this past July at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, MA. We cannot say enough good things about working with this company and Greg! After a previously disastrous interaction with a DJ that we almost hired, we... Read More felt extremely lucky to have found Beat Train. From the very beginning, Beat Train was professional, communicative and thorough. They put us directly in touch with our DJ, Greg, who was always prompt and helpful in answering our questions. We met with Greg in person about 2 months before the wedding to go over everything. Greg was so personable and easy to get along with. He went above and beyond to meet our requests and work with our ceremony musicians to ensure that everything went smoothly. On the day of our wedding, Greg was the perfect emcee- classy and not at all invasive to the overall “feel” of the day. Greg was amazing at reading the crowd (we had quite the diverse bunch!) and our dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests are still raving about what a great job Greg did! We would HIGHLY recommend working with Beat Train and Greg Lanzillotta!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Drew L

We had DJ Sam Turner for our wedding, where do I begin, he crushed it on every level. I told my wife that one of the things that mattered to me most was the music, I am so critical of the music at weddings (band and DJ) as I think it can make or break it. I looked through a ton... Read More of reviews and websites and ultimately settled on Beat Train for their great reviews and I loved the ability to listen to sample music from each of the DJs. I quickly picked Sam realizing he had a lot of my styles of pop, club but also some classics and his mixes and transitions were great. We met before the big day and he tried to get a feel for what we liked. This is where Sam came up big because I am not very good at describing what I like or wanted to say the least. I gave him some form of the following - "I like the popular stuff, I love EDM but don't make it like a club, I'm a Billy Joel guy but don't turn this into a sing along scene, and oh the 90's are cool too!". That was basically all he had to go on and he absolutely nailed it. We had an extra long reception, and I told him to have normal music for everyone until 11 and then we would transition for the next 1.5 hrs to more of a younger pop/club feel. He absolutely nailed it - he had all family members and friends up dancing for the first few hours and then seamlessly transitioned after 11 to a massive dance party with all my friends. All of my friends were remarking of the many weddings they had gone too recently, this was the one that they danced the most at. I had such high expectations and Sam over-delivered. I couldn't recommend him and Beat Train more.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Brianna S

We absolutely loved working with Spencer and the Beat Train Production team! Music was definitely one of our top priorities and Spencer exceeded all our expectations! Spencer is so nice to work with and he took the time to meet with us before our wedding for a few hours to... Read More discuss our musical tastes and all of the wedding logistics. He also sent a really helpful worksheet before our big day and did an amazing job fielding everyone's song requests. We had a lot of different age groups at our wedding and he was able to get everyone on the dance floor! All of our guests were telling us they loved our DJ and had so much fun dancing at our wedding. We highly recommend booking Spencer from Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Elyssa B

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding in Brooklyn. Sam could not have been a better choice. He met with us on more than one occasion, hopped on the phone and promptly emailed us back when we reached out. He took our wedding seriously and executed our vision. He edited... Read More processional songs, and honored our requests. Everyone complimented the music throughout the night, saying it was the best music at a wedding they have ever heard. We have Sam to thank for that. As soon as we met him, we knew we were in good hands! Thanks Sam and Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 B M

Tim Ahler is amazing. Kind, professional, responsive--I would highly recommend his services. Also worth noting is that Tim's presence was relevant and subtle--I have been to weddings that end with the DJ doing the worm on the dance floor--not cute.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Jacki M

These guys are amazing! We had Greg Lanzillota DJ our wedding at Mount Hope Farm in Bristol RI and everyone LOVED him. We let him play what he felt was right (and a couple must plays) and it was great, he had the dance floor packed all night. And he helped us set up microphones... Read More for our ceremony too. Such a great company. Don't hesitate. If you want people to dance and you want a DJ who will listen to you, choose Greg! Also my husband feels the same way--not your typical wedding DJ, he says.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sara F

I absolutely LOVED working with DJ Sam Turner of Beat Train!! They are great because they do not play cliche wedding music or line dances and do not talk all night - they focus on the music, and most importantly, the music that you and your partner want to hear on your special... Read More day! Sam was so helpful and accommodating and very responsive as we put together our list of favorite songs and do not play songs. He really got our vision and took his time to ask us plenty of questions to make sure that he did a great job. I really loved how he coordinated directly with the wedding venue to sync up on the intros, timing of cake cutting, etc. He made it really easy for us! The music choices he picked could not have been more perfect! Our wedding will be remembered for years because our guests DID NOT STOP DANCING. You will not be disappointed with Beat Train - I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Chelsea D

Tim Ahler was simply amazing to work with!!! My husband and I met up with him before the wedding at a coffee shop to go over the types of music we would want from start to finish. He really listened to what we wanted, but used his expertise to put together the perfect selection.... Read More I told him that my main goal was to make sure people were always dancing at the reception, and he really made it happen. Guests who I never thought I would see dance in my life were up moving the entire night! Everyone had a blast, which made the night absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Tara Z

Words can't even begin to describe what an amazing job Ari did. From our first meeting with Ari, he made us feel comfortable and trust that he would do everything possible to make our wedding special. He was super accommodating with toss outs/announcements and his attention to... Read More detail was amazing. My husband and I have an eclectic taste in music, and Ari did an incredible job incorporating everything. Our wedding was a nonstop dance party. We also hired the photobooth which was a fantastic addition! Our guests had tons of fun in the booth and we have a great collection of gifs and photos to remember the zany parts of our wedding. Overall an amazing DJ company and Ari rocked it.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Derrick B

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was excellent! Jeff Gilbride was the DJ for our wedding and he was amazing! Before the big day, our communication with him was seamless and he was very open to all of our requests. On the day of the event, everything went very smoothly... Read More and narration was perfect. The music that he played was exactly what we were hoping for with awesome transitions. The dance floor was completely packed the entire night; largely due to his efforts! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding (or any other event I would guess) look no further than Beat Train and Jeff Gilbride!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Tori G

Jeff had the dance floor crowded ALL NIGHT. He did an amazing job. We were worried about having a cheesy DJ or a traditional wedding DJ and Jeff was so so so far from that, we felt like we were at a club and all of our favorite songs were on. He was super communicative, friendly... Read More and extremely professional.

Ari Rosenfield

In 2006, as an eclectic club DJ, I started Beat Train Productions with the goal of offering the finest DJs available for weddings and private events. Since then, we've become one of the most acclaimed in the business, and our couples have come to rely on us to understand their vision, provide personalized service, and to throw amazing celebrations, all the while, keeping it classy.