Beat Train Productions

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

480 Humboldt St, Brooklyn, NY
Serving New York City and Beyond

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amy S

We worked with Beat Train and the AMAZING DJ Sam for our May 2016 wedding and we could not have been happier! Not only did we have a great time getting together with Sam to plan pre-wedding, we loved having him there day of. It truly felt like working closely with a great... Read More friend. Flexible and open to whatever we wanted to hear, he worked his magic and kept the dance floor packed for the ENTIRE night. He found a balance between a ridiculous mix of styles ranging from Adele to Billy Joel, The Lumineers to Dropkick Murphys, Blink-182 to Zac Brown Band. Sam even managed to include several traditional Greek songs into the mix which was very important to our family, all while keeping people on the dance floor, even when they didn't know the steps. As we planned our wedding, we made it a point to support and use local vendors who were committed to their work because of their love for the trade. Sam's work at our wedding proved just that: Quality of service and a love for what he does. Thank you Beat Train for an amazing experience! -Amy & Chris

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Beat Train and DJ Sammy Turner were amazing to work with. Sammy was very detail oriented and professional and executed perfectly on our wedding day. The crowd loved him and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. I'll be strongly recommending Beat Train and Sammy T... Read More in particular to all friends and family in the future.

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Katie T

Jeff was our DJ and did a great job. He was always professional and responsive and gave us great advice. He did an amazing job for our reception. So many of our guests remarked that it was the best music they had heard at a wedding and it made it an amazing party.

Loved Beat Train and Elissa

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Emily S

My wedding was one of the most fun parties I've ever been to. And that's in large part because of Elissa. She kept the dance floor packed all night, knew how to play to the crowd, and played the music we love as a couple. She was very focused on learning about what we like and... Read More don't like and completely tailored the music to us and our guests. She was also an absolute pleasure to work with from day 1. Her MC skills were also perfect for us: nothing cheesy and very professional. She got all the announcements across well without taking center stage. I would hire Elissa again without hesitation!

Reviewed on 12/20/2015 Alison H

We had Sam as our DJ and discussed with him prior to the event that we didn't want any traditional wedding music, we wanted music that young people actually want to hear and dance to. He warmed the crowd up with some classic, but not "celebration" or "the twist" sort of music... Read More and kept it very modern and upbeat, without it being a house/rave fest. Was exactly what we had in mind.

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Edie S

Sam from Beat Train was THE BEST!!!! He absolutely nailed every minute of the dancing! My friends who aren't even engaged yet were requesting to book him for their weddings :). He was so accommodating, professional and sweet. When my ceremony musician was unable to play- Sam... Read More found acoustic guitar music and perfect version of my processional and recessional songs to match my vision. I cannot recommend him more!! Thank you SAM!!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Christine

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding and can't say enough about how talented and great he is! He was super friendly and easy to work with, but also very professional and communicated well throughout the process and planning stages. Sam's DJ skills are more than impressive -... Read More he had everyone dancing the entire time, and had our guests asking us after who he was and how he found him as everyone had such a great time and LOVED the music. He played a mix of hip hop, oldies, classic rock, motown and current dance music that flowed seamlessly through the night and kept the party going the entire time. He seriously seems way undervalued price wise compared to other DJs that we considered - I would not hesitate to book Sam Turner or work with Beat Train if you're considering them as a vendor. Working with Sam was the best decision we made for our wedding and absolutely made our night! Thanks Sam!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

Me and my wife are Christians and music was one of the biggest hurdles for us. We didn't want anything that went in contrary with our faith. We wanted someone who didn't play the typical songs that every wedding plays but our main concern was to keep it as clean as possible.... Read More Elissa did that and much more. The combination of my extremely outgoing wife and Elissa's selection of music had everyone on the floor the whole night. She catered to everything we wanted. So happy we went with Elissa. The whole process with super smooth. Elissa was also very flexible and she responds to emails fairly quickly. Thank you Elissa!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Kym G

We had a great experience with Beat Train and DJ Elissa. She took the time to meet with us before the wedding and talk through the timeline and the type of music we wanted. Our wedding was wonderful, but the DJ was the thing we got the most compliments on!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Jessica K

We used Sam from Beat Train Productions and I can easily say he was the best decision we made! As a bride, hearing people say "This was the most fun wedding I have ever been to" is like winning a million bucks. From start to finish, Sam was willing to work with all our requests... Read More and seamlessly adapted to some schedule changes day-of. He also stayed in touch consistently during the planning phase and answered any and all questions quickly. His music choices were so on point and he knew exactly how to get people out on the dance and make them stay there! I kept telling Sam how awesome he was that night and I really meant it. Thanks to everyone at Beat Train for making our wedding music planning a real breeze! You were an absolutely pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Jenny R

My husband and I got married on 10/24/15. A close friend of mine recommended Beat Train since she used them for her wedding and had a great experience. I was more than happy to book a DJ with them since my friend's wedding was so much fun. My husband and I asked to work with... Read More Spencer since we liked his bio. I couldn't be happier with our choice. Spencer was so cool and intuitive about his music selections for the evening. He met with us one afternoon for about two hours to really get to know our preferences and figure out all of the details. He was a total pro! Very helpful, patient, and easy to work with. Zach and I trusted him completely. Spencer made sure that all details of the evening were covered. He even helped my Maid of Honor and brother with a surprise performance that Zach and I had no idea about (which was so awesome!!!!). I highly recommend hiring Beat Train for a wedding event. DJ Spencer knows how to read a room and keep the party bumping all night. He made great music choices and had us dancing til the lights came up. It's easy to see that he cares about the experience and his attentiveness and great music selection was a huge part of the success of the evening. Thank you Beat Train and DJ Spencer!!!!

Extremely professional, great service!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Bruna M

We used DJ Ari and he was great. We had several meetings with him prior to the wedding so that he completely understood the type of music that we were looking for. During our wedding, he was very attentive to what we needed and extremely professional. He definitely kept our... Read More friends and family dancing all night. I loved working with DJ Ari and highly recommend him to other brides and grooms out there!

awesome

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Marina V

Beat Train was incredible! Their communication from first inquires to making last minute changes were always super professional and accommodating . We went with Elissa for our wedding, and she was amazing! We were pretty specific about wanting more fun indie/alternative... Read More music with a million requests. She somehow found the time to play everything we wanted and surprised us with a good amount of music that fit our taste. I don't think we ever thought it would be possible to have Justin Timberlake, Beach House, Pantera and Elvis Presley play at a wedding...but she made it happen so incredibly! Vendors like Beat Train and Elissa made our wedding planning super fun and took a lot of weight off our shoulders. Everything sounded flawless, from the guest arrival, ceremony songs, first dance...not one hiccup or equipment malfunction. Thank you a million Matty and Marina 9-5-15

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Lisa B

We could not be more pleased to have worked with Beat Train. Our DJ was Elissa P, and the entire process of working with them was seamless. We reached out to them because of reviews on Wedding Wire, and Elissa, who is also the office manager, responded very promptly and... Read More informatively. Our wedding was a brunch/afternoon affair and we were concerned about hitting the right note, as with the crowd and the time, we weren't sure how it would play out. Elissa nailed it! She gave us a very helpful sheet to respond to in advance and did a great job of incorporating our likes with the overall mood. Multiple guests complimented us - one older guest said "Thanks so much for the Sinatra! I doubt half the people here know him, but it was so nice to hear. A week ago I was at a wedding that was all rap." But she got the group on the dance floor perfectly. And since you know it's not a good party until someone gets hurt - a guest even sprained her ankle because she was so absorbed in the dance! We can't recommend Beat Train or Elissa enough - they definitely didn't force anything onto us, try any crazy upsells or try and force themselves to be the center of attention as we've sometimes seen.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Adriana M

Sam is an amazing DJ!! And Beat Train was great to work with too. We used them for lighting and DJ services and could not have been more pleased. I highly recommend them! Sam was wonderful to work with and helped make our wedding night so special!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Elissa was amazing. From start to finish she was flawless. She did a great job preparing, asked the right questions, understood what we wanted, was flexible and accommodating with our requests, and all without being too present or overbearing - especially in the weeks leading up... Read More to the wedding. On the day of our wedding she was invisible (in the best way possible). We didn't see her until we were lining up for the ceremony at which point she said a quick hello and confirmed a change in timing of a song because it was raining and we had a space change. (Sidenote: we got married at a summer camp. It was POURING and we can't imagine how challenging it was to unload and set up in the rain. Trooper). During the reception, she had a great suggestion for our wedding party's entrance, which felt natural and was well received. We had a buffet and without asking, she announced when each table could get up to serve themselves (something we didn't consider). The music selection was spot on for our crowd and the mixing was excellent - the dance floor was packed all night (we think we may have even broken the floor). We received so many compliments from our guests about her professionalism and talent and have and will continue to share her name and information with anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you, Elissa for helping make our day memorable and incredibly fun.

Beat Train is awesome - we LOVE Jeff!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sarah C

We chose Beat Train Productions for our wedding on 8.28.15 - we specifically chose Jeff Durand and we seriously could not be any happier! We were referred to Beat Train by our wedding photographer - we knew he was great, and we knew he would know some other great wedding vendors... Read More as well! As a vendor, Jeff is just awesome. A great guy with a great attitude and personality - which is essential for a great wedding DJ. Jeff really knows his stuff and was able to make some great recommendations for us. He stopped at nothing to make sure we were happy! We got a TON of compliments on him, too. People said the music at our wedding was AWESOME, and I think my new in-laws wanted to take Jeff home! He definitely got an invite to the after-party :) Overall, working with Jeff was a great experience and I am sad we have to part ways! We would highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Laura K

When we decided to have a summer brunch wedding, our biggest worry was that it wouldn’t feel as fun as an evening party. As soon as we met with Elissa, we knew she had great taste and would handle our wedding perfectly, but we were still blown away by how everything turned out!... Read More She is very easy to get in touch with and answered all of our questions, and she went above and beyond to set up early in two different rooms of our venue. Elissa handled the music cues for our ceremony with perfect timing. When it came to the reception, she put together a great variety of music for our cocktail hour and dinner, and she made the announcements we needed elegantly. Elissa was an absolute genius at getting all of our guests onto the dance floor in the middle of the afternoon, and we got comments from so many of our guests about what a fantastic job she did. While we were on our honeymoon, my new husband and I even put together a playlist of our favorites from the day so that we could keep the dance party going in Cancun. Beat Train Productions make a point of managing the music for events in a way that isn’t cheesy or cliched, and Elissa went above and beyond to make our wedding into the classy, cool, and fun event we were hoping for!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Sam was our DJ. He was very professional and immediately reached out to us to setup a skype meeting to discuss our music needs. He understood exactly the types of artists and music we like ( we are 30 and requested primarily hiphop and dance hits from the 90s and 2000s). He... Read More was spot on during the wedding reception; the music was off the hook and it felt like we had our wedding at a dance club. He kept the energy level so high that people did not even want to leave the dance floor to finish their desserts! As important was his MC skills. He really pulled through on the wedding day and effectively acted as a day-of coordinator in terms of keeping us on time from the ceremony, to the speeches and cake cutting at the end. When timing was starting to get tight he instantly knew what was the best way to rearrange the schedule so that everything would work smoothly. Having him there really took the stress out of the wedding day and made us enjoy it immensely. I was a little skeptical about the cost initially, but I see now that it was really worth it for the competency and professionalism that we got in return,

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Devon L

We had the best wedding ever because of DJ Jeff Durand. He had our guests on the dance floor from beginning to end. He truly took the time to understand what music we wanted for both U.S. and our guests. Hewas always easy to communicate with and was prompt with replies. The DJ... Read More was our most important aspect to our evening and he exceeded our highest hopes because we got so many compliments on the music and how much fun everyone had dancing the night away.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

My wife and I had an unbelievable time with Elissa as our wedding DJ. From the onset, she was super friendly and easily reachable. Prior to the big day, we chatted several times on the phone and met in person to review our music preferences as well as day of logistics. She... Read More was easy to work with, well organized (not to be overlooked - we had a different entrance song for each groomsman/bridesmaid pair as well as a four-song first dance remix), and most importantly, displayed a fantastic music selection that kept our guests on the dance floor bouncing away all night. Following the wedding, we had a number of guests complement us on the music asking for more info. I would easily recommend Elissa and Beat Train to any one looking for some top shelf music entertainment whatever the occasion might be.

Great Company

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Karen M

We worked with Greg Lanzillotta at our wedding at the Seaport Hotel in Boston. We were looking for a DJ that wasn't a MC and would play amazing music. Beat Train Productions met all our expectations and was amazingly in our budget. Greg helped us pick music to make everyone of... Read More all ages happy at our wedding. His music recommendations and selection kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Even the groom's mother who normally doesn't dance, loved the music he played. I recommend Beat Trains, especially Greg, to anyone that needs a DJ for their event.

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Elissa P. was a fantastic DJ for our wedding on June 6th, 2015! She judged the crowd and age-group very well. She was able to accomodate many different musical tastes. Our 86 year old grand mother loved the music, as did our hip NYC 20-something friends. Just when we thought... Read More our crowd was winding down, she helped give the group a second wind and no-one wanted to stop dancing! We highly recommend Beat Train and Elissa to couples looking for great music.

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Chelsea W

We had an excellent experience with Seth. He started the process by getting in touch with us well ahead of the wedding, and we were able to exchange some ideas. We met in person a couple weeks prior to the wedding and he was very easy to work with. On the wedding night, Seth... Read More was awesome. First, he solved a technical issue during cocktail hour to get the music going. Then, we decided on a last-minute change to the wedding party introduction order: no problem, Seth made the adjustment quickly. When the dancing got going, Seth totally shined. He chose a great mix of songs that kept everyone on the dance floor. Some of our guests were dancing even though they hadn’t danced in years! We had several guests mention to us how incredible Seth was, including the best man who’s a DJ himself. The wedding was beyond expectations and Seth played a big part in it. We strongly recommend hiring him.

Great Beats!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Nicole L

Elissa P. and the staff we dealt with from beginning to end were nothing but professional. Elissa even referred us to a bridal expo where we found many of our other vendors! We had so many comments about how great our music choices were at our wedding! Everyone was dancing and... Read More having a blast! Elissa really took the time to get to know us and our music taste and followed all of our requests. We had a great time! If you are looking for a great DJ who is non-traditional Beat train is the way to go!!