Beat Train Productions

Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

480 Humboldt St, Brooklyn, NY Serving New York City and Beyond (347) 568-8987

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Ryan L

Our whole experience working with Beat Train was great. We picked Elissa to DJ our wedding and she was great to work with through the whole process. We had a few video conferences planning sessions with her and she was prompt to respond to all emails including giving... Read More recommendations and coordinating directly with our venue to make sure everything was perfect the day of. The day of ended up great, she ended up playing alot of our recommendations mixed with a selection of other music that matched our taste perfectly. We received many compliments on how great a mix it was and she did a great emcee as well. Highest recommendation for both Beat Train and Elissa

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carolyn E

Joel Ortsman DJ’d our wedding in September in Brooklyn and did an awesome job! My husband and I both enjoyed working with him so much, from the first correspondence up through to the very end of the wedding. He was prompt to respond to my emails throughout the planning process... Read More and quickly got what we wanted for our music. From the cocktail hour to the dinner to the reception, the music selection was perfect. He was super accommodating even when we decided at the last(ish) minute that we wanted a “throwback R&B” cocktail hour. Guests loved it. The reception music made for a great dance party. It was a perfect mix of throw-back pop hits, hip hop and absolutely nothing cheesy (a priority for us!). Joel had a great demeanor during the wedding, he was assertive, but not at all pushy. He did a great job announcing toasts, first dances, etc and overall kept us all on schedule. Joel was organized, timely and professional. He brought the equipment we needed (included mics and a guitar cord). Overall, he was a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Joel, and also Beat Train overall. They were easy to work with, responsive, and professional.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle H

I had such a great experience with Beat Train Productions, and I highly recommend them! Elissa was amazing from start to finish. We Face Timed a couple of times before the wedding in order to get to know her a little bit, and this allowed her to get to know our personalities and... Read More musical tastes. We submitted a complete list of the songs we wanted played for each moment of the wedding day. She totally knew how to read the crowd and select the perfect songs for each moment. The dance floor was packed all night long. I happen to think the music is the most important aspect of a good party, and you will not be disappointed if you select Beat Train. Thanks, Elissa!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Juliet M

We really enjoyed working with Elissa to throw a party that reflected us while still being very-much crowd pleasing. She was prompt and easy to communicate with, super reliable, made planning fun, and when we hit road blocks or had no idea what to do for certain things (wedding... Read More party procession music, for example) she always was able to point us in the right direction! We got many comments and compliments from our friends and family what a great mix she played throughout the night. Would highly recommend her for anyone with a range of music tastes or preferences!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Kate M

We worked with DJ Sam Turner for our August 2016 wedding in Brooklyn. I cannot say enough good things about Sam's professionalism or the music @ our wedding. Sam was totally on top of things through the planning process -- prompting us to get our music requests to him and... Read More meeting with us to discuss them. He was very flexible around some unusual requests - for example, a family member was going to sing a song and he worked with her to figure out the audio for that. He also gave us advice when we were having trouble picking processional/recessional songs. Sam went way above and beyond in all ways -- for example, editing the processional song so the cut was just the parts of the song we wanted. During the actual wedding, his music kept everyone on the dance floor as soon as the music started -- the venue actually had to clear tables to make the dance floor twice as big because of all the dancing. So many guests complimented the music. He had all age groups dancing, which was GREAT. Working with Sam was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He rocks!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Ben W

We hired Sam Turner to be our DJ and he was beyond great! Coordinating through Beat Train was easy, and I liked how I could see Sam's profile and listen to his sound clouds. We felt our musical tastes jibed fairly well so we contacted him. At our in-person meeting he was... Read More very professional and asked all the right questions (things we wouldn't have even thought to tell him we wanted). He was super responsive between our meeting and the wedding. On the day of he was spectacular, being a great MC and thinking on his feet to make things go smoothly where there was some unexpected snafus (not caused by him). Most importantly he was great at bringing people on the dance floor and keeping them there, playing all the songs we requested and brilliantly mixing in other crowd pleasers. In looking around, I definitely saw DJs that cost more, but absolutely nothing was lacking with Sam so I can't imagine why I would've spent more. Of the vendors we used, both my wife and I were the most satisfied with Sam.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Molly H

Our experience with Seth Isaacs and Beat Train Productions was exceptional from start to finish! They made the planning process very simply and stress free! Our wedding guests could not stop complimenting us on our DJ! Seth had people on the dance floor all night long - it flew... Read More by! He had a great mix of songs for all generations. We would highly Seth Isaacs and Beat Train Productions for your wedding DJ needs!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kellie C

We were married in Brooklyn in May 2016 and used Mike from Beat Train as our DJ. Without a question, Mike was the highlight of our entire wedding, and I do not say that lightly. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night and couldn't get enough of his work. (We had 175 guests... Read More and at one point in the night, I counted 4 people sitting in chairs. So 171 dancers out of 175...I've never seen that ratio before). I was expecting a typical wedding dance floor but this was more like a off-the-charts dance party. Mike went with the flow, read the audience, and let it turn into the most exhilarating party I've ever been to. It's been almost 3 months later and all our guests keep talking about is the music and the dance floor, and I credit this 100% to Mike. My biggest reservation with shelling out $ for a DJ was that he/she would make a playlist that I could have made myself on Spotify, consisting of Top 50 wedding beats and other routine songs. Mike demonstrated he was worth every penny. He made the most interesting, addictive, fascinating remixes, mash-ups, and sequences that hit the perfect balance between playing music people like (the teenage cousins, the 30-something coworkers, and grandma could all get into) and never boring people with overly-predictable hits. The whole team at Beat Train was responsive, polite, and extremely professional - they stay on the mark with paperwork, email check-ins, etc. I would enthusiastically recommend Mike and Beat Train to any couple out there.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Candace B

Sam Turner from Beat Train was the DJ for our Brooklyn wedding on 8/6/2016, and he was amazing! He executed our vision for the music portion of the wedding perfectly. It was a pleasure to work with Sam: he was clear, responsive, and truly listened to us. From first speaking... Read More with Sam, we knew that he would be brilliant - and he absolutely was. Our guests were loving the music and were having a blast on the dance floor. Actually, everyone we worked with at Beat Train was great. Our emails and calls were always promptly responded to, and it seemed like everyone who worked there took pride in their job and genuinely wanted us and our guests to have a great experience. If you're looking for a DJ for your wedding, it's really a no brainer. Beat Train and Sam Turner are the best!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Megan B

My husband and I had a great experience with Beat Train Productions at our wedding reception two weeks ago. The entire team was courteous and professional in the months leading up to the wedding, and our DJ, Mike Haggadorn, was communicative and helpful. He took the time to... Read More both have a call with us and to meet with us beforehand, in addition to email correspondence. He also coordinated with our venue to load in and out and set up his equipment, and made everything as easy as possible for us. At the reception, Mike was pleasant, fun, professional, and excellent at reading the crowd and encouraging whatever activity it was time for, from dancing (he really got the group dancing with his great music selections!) to eating the various courses, to the cake cutting to the bouquet toss. He was an excellent emcee, guiding us all through the night's activities and expertly mixing his music throughout the evening. Thank you Mike and Beat Train!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Jenny N

We were married in Beacon, NY earlier this month (Aug 2016) and absolutely loved working with Elissa from Beat Train. She was so responsive, organized, and really made an effort to get to know us. She's also just really cool and I felt like I could trust her judgement - which... Read More definitely put me at ease! During cocktail hour we decided on a mellow indie mix that Elissa put together and it was SUCH a big hit with our guests. We had so many people come up and tell us they loved the cocktail music. The way she made announcements throughout the night was great too. We definitely weren't looking for a "hype" DJ and her tone/style was really natural and upbeat. After dinner she really got people dancing too! Our dance floor was totally full and she did a great job of reading the room and transitioning between songs. She picked perfect songs that appealed to everyone. We also utilized Beat Train's lighting services and rented several up-lights to decorate the space. They were great! Overall, we would highly recommend Beat Train and Elissa!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Suzanne C

LOVED working with Beat Train! Elissa is the absolute best - their whole team was so responsive from the first email and really made the process leading up to the wedding stress-free. My husband and I were probably the worst because we have completely different tastes in music,... Read More but Elissa knew just what to do and offered her expertise on run of show etc. and absolutely killed it. We had a daytime wedding on a really hot day, so we weren't sure if everyone would be dancing the whole time but she kept an awesome vibe throughout the day - we've been getting compliments on how awesome she was ever since. THANK YOU Beat Train team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amy S

We worked with Beat Train and the AMAZING DJ Sam for our May 2016 wedding and we could not have been happier! Not only did we have a great time getting together with Sam to plan pre-wedding, we loved having him there day of. It truly felt like working closely with a great... Read More friend. Flexible and open to whatever we wanted to hear, he worked his magic and kept the dance floor packed for the ENTIRE night. He found a balance between a ridiculous mix of styles ranging from Adele to Billy Joel, The Lumineers to Dropkick Murphys, Blink-182 to Zac Brown Band. Sam even managed to include several traditional Greek songs into the mix which was very important to our family, all while keeping people on the dance floor, even when they didn't know the steps. As we planned our wedding, we made it a point to support and use local vendors who were committed to their work because of their love for the trade. Sam's work at our wedding proved just that: Quality of service and a love for what he does. Thank you Beat Train for an amazing experience! -Amy & Chris

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Beat Train and DJ Sammy Turner were amazing to work with. Sammy was very detail oriented and professional and executed perfectly on our wedding day. The crowd loved him and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. I'll be strongly recommending Beat Train and Sammy T... Read More in particular to all friends and family in the future.

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Katie T

Jeff was our DJ and did a great job. He was always professional and responsive and gave us great advice. He did an amazing job for our reception. So many of our guests remarked that it was the best music they had heard at a wedding and it made it an amazing party.

Loved Beat Train and Elissa

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Emily S

My wedding was one of the most fun parties I've ever been to. And that's in large part because of Elissa. She kept the dance floor packed all night, knew how to play to the crowd, and played the music we love as a couple. She was very focused on learning about what we like and... Read More don't like and completely tailored the music to us and our guests. She was also an absolute pleasure to work with from day 1. Her MC skills were also perfect for us: nothing cheesy and very professional. She got all the announcements across well without taking center stage. I would hire Elissa again without hesitation!

Reviewed on 12/20/2015 Alison H

We had Sam as our DJ and discussed with him prior to the event that we didn't want any traditional wedding music, we wanted music that young people actually want to hear and dance to. He warmed the crowd up with some classic, but not "celebration" or "the twist" sort of music... Read More and kept it very modern and upbeat, without it being a house/rave fest. Was exactly what we had in mind.

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Edie S

Sam from Beat Train was THE BEST!!!! He absolutely nailed every minute of the dancing! My friends who aren't even engaged yet were requesting to book him for their weddings :). He was so accommodating, professional and sweet. When my ceremony musician was unable to play- Sam... Read More found acoustic guitar music and perfect version of my processional and recessional songs to match my vision. I cannot recommend him more!! Thank you SAM!!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Christine

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding and can't say enough about how talented and great he is! He was super friendly and easy to work with, but also very professional and communicated well throughout the process and planning stages. Sam's DJ skills are more than impressive -... Read More he had everyone dancing the entire time, and had our guests asking us after who he was and how he found him as everyone had such a great time and LOVED the music. He played a mix of hip hop, oldies, classic rock, motown and current dance music that flowed seamlessly through the night and kept the party going the entire time. He seriously seems way undervalued price wise compared to other DJs that we considered - I would not hesitate to book Sam Turner or work with Beat Train if you're considering them as a vendor. Working with Sam was the best decision we made for our wedding and absolutely made our night! Thanks Sam!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

Me and my wife are Christians and music was one of the biggest hurdles for us. We didn't want anything that went in contrary with our faith. We wanted someone who didn't play the typical songs that every wedding plays but our main concern was to keep it as clean as possible.... Read More Elissa did that and much more. The combination of my extremely outgoing wife and Elissa's selection of music had everyone on the floor the whole night. She catered to everything we wanted. So happy we went with Elissa. The whole process with super smooth. Elissa was also very flexible and she responds to emails fairly quickly. Thank you Elissa!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Kym G

We had a great experience with Beat Train and DJ Elissa. She took the time to meet with us before the wedding and talk through the timeline and the type of music we wanted. Our wedding was wonderful, but the DJ was the thing we got the most compliments on!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Jessica K

We used Sam from Beat Train Productions and I can easily say he was the best decision we made! As a bride, hearing people say "This was the most fun wedding I have ever been to" is like winning a million bucks. From start to finish, Sam was willing to work with all our requests... Read More and seamlessly adapted to some schedule changes day-of. He also stayed in touch consistently during the planning phase and answered any and all questions quickly. His music choices were so on point and he knew exactly how to get people out on the dance and make them stay there! I kept telling Sam how awesome he was that night and I really meant it. Thanks to everyone at Beat Train for making our wedding music planning a real breeze! You were an absolutely pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Jenny R

My husband and I got married on 10/24/15. A close friend of mine recommended Beat Train since she used them for her wedding and had a great experience. I was more than happy to book a DJ with them since my friend's wedding was so much fun. My husband and I asked to work with... Read More Spencer since we liked his bio. I couldn't be happier with our choice. Spencer was so cool and intuitive about his music selections for the evening. He met with us one afternoon for about two hours to really get to know our preferences and figure out all of the details. He was a total pro! Very helpful, patient, and easy to work with. Zach and I trusted him completely. Spencer made sure that all details of the evening were covered. He even helped my Maid of Honor and brother with a surprise performance that Zach and I had no idea about (which was so awesome!!!!). I highly recommend hiring Beat Train for a wedding event. DJ Spencer knows how to read a room and keep the party bumping all night. He made great music choices and had us dancing til the lights came up. It's easy to see that he cares about the experience and his attentiveness and great music selection was a huge part of the success of the evening. Thank you Beat Train and DJ Spencer!!!!

Extremely professional, great service!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Bruna M

We used DJ Ari and he was great. We had several meetings with him prior to the wedding so that he completely understood the type of music that we were looking for. During our wedding, he was very attentive to what we needed and extremely professional. He definitely kept our... Read More friends and family dancing all night. I loved working with DJ Ari and highly recommend him to other brides and grooms out there!

awesome

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Marina V

Beat Train was incredible! Their communication from first inquires to making last minute changes were always super professional and accommodating . We went with Elissa for our wedding, and she was amazing! We were pretty specific about wanting more fun indie/alternative... Read More music with a million requests. She somehow found the time to play everything we wanted and surprised us with a good amount of music that fit our taste. I don't think we ever thought it would be possible to have Justin Timberlake, Beach House, Pantera and Elvis Presley play at a wedding...but she made it happen so incredibly! Vendors like Beat Train and Elissa made our wedding planning super fun and took a lot of weight off our shoulders. Everything sounded flawless, from the guest arrival, ceremony songs, first dance...not one hiccup or equipment malfunction. Thank you a million Matty and Marina 9-5-15

Start a Conversation!