Bedford Village Inn

Bedford, NH

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, NH

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Audra L

Had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on site. Everything was so wonderful and the staff went above and beyond. So attentive and understand of our needs, it was magical!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Erin M

My husband and I got married at the BVI back in April and it was by far the most perfect day all because of how great the BVI is and how accommodating the entire staff is! They made everything so easy for us during the planning months up to our big day. Megan was amazing to deal... Read More with and extremely patient with our many questions and never once made us feel like we were a hassle to deal with. She ensured we had every thing we wanted on our wedding day, and even let us make a couple of menu changes for both our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Choosing to get married at the BVI was the BEST wedding decision we could have made, and we have absolutely nothing bad to say about the venue and the entire staff. The staff was absolutely amazing to us and to all of our guests both at our rehearsal dinner as well as the night of our wedding. As if everything else wasn't enough, they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne along with their signature chocolate bag as a nice touch when we went to our bridal suite when the night was over. We would highly recommend the BVI to anyone looking to have a stunningly unique and beautiful wedding venue, as well as the most accommodating staff to deal with on one of the biggest days of your life!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Jaclyn P

The Bedford Village Inn is phenomenal! Through the whole wedding planning process all the way up to the actual day they were accommodating, professional, and attentive to everything, I have a type A personality and the Bedford Village Inn really exceeded my expectations of a... Read More wedding venue. Melissa Samaras is who I worked with throughout the whole process and she was always very quick to answer emails and phone calls with any question I may have had no matter how small or silly. I never felt as though I was a bother when I was in touch many times throughout the day/week. When I was overwhelmed Melissa was very calming and understanding. On the actual wedding day the entire staff was so professional! They made sure everything was as planned and were very attentive in order to make the day perfect! The bridal attendant was such a sweetheart and really helped throughout the whole process. She even helped my sister bustle my dress (it was complicated)! The food was delicious. My guests were very happy! I can't say enough about how amazing this venue was! I absolutely love it!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kate D

What can I say, the Bedford Village Inn was absolute perfection! It shows that they have had many many years of experience doing weddings. From our initial meeting with Melissa to the wedding day working with Mackenzie the staff was outstanding. Every little email I sent to... Read More Melissa with questions or concerns she promptly responded ensuring the BVI would handle it (and they did!). I could go on and on but the day of the wedding, the servers were so accommodating, my husband and I were given our own personal server who helped with anything from bustling my dress, to making sure we had our drinks fresh, to leaving a chocolate bag and champagne in our wedding suite. The addition of the new building, The Grand, was perfect for our guests. They really enjoyed the beautiful rooms, pool, and breakfast.

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Emily F

My husband and I got married at the BVI on January 2. We couldn't have had a better experience. The preparation went so smoothly. The BVI was decorated beautifully. Everyone (including us) had a blast! The food was amazing. The BVI is such a unique wedding venue and is an... Read More awesome place for a winter wedding.

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Katie S

The BVI is a MAGICAL place for a wedding. It is so beautiful on it's own, we never had to worry about any decorating and simple flowers on the tables were all we needed. The service was impeccable, food was delicious, and they are so helpful at organizing and taking care of... Read More the night! Megan, who helped us coordinate over the year, was so helpful and accomadating!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Annie K

So many things went wrong. The main being the day of our wedding we found out that our wedding planner does not work on Saturday's or Sunday's. And no, the wedding planner did not tell us this, even though we worked with only her through the year and half of planning. A random... Read More person who worked there, the morning of my wedding, told me this when I asked where she was. So please imagine all of things that went wrong from there and please note my ZERO stars. Unfortunately the text space here isn't long enough to describe everything- but I did fit it in YELP and TRIPADVISOR.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Dave I

Amazing venue! From start to finish, the amount of thought and care that went in was wonderful. The wedding coordinator was great, the staff and servers were polite and seemed genuinely happy to be there, and the venue itself was gorgeous. Two thumbs up. Thank you BVI!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Kenna S

The BVI is a total dream to have a wedding reception. Despite the fact that it rained, we had an incredible evening inside the great hall. The staff are so attentive and know what you need before you say it. The coordinators are so kind, helpful, and thoughtful. All of our... Read More guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the venue is and we couldn't agree more! The night ended with an amazing presentation at the bridal suite with rose petals, slices of our cake, a chocolate box (YUM!), a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, handwritten notes from the staff, and chocolate chip cookies next to our bed. AMAZING! Memories from this beautiful venue will remain forever.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Megan H

My husband and I were married at St. Anselm College in April 2015. When we began our reception venue search, we looked at a handful of places close by. Bedford Village Inn was the clear winner because of the unique setting and the abundance of experience they have with weddings... Read More and events in general. From the time you book an appointment to take a look, it’s clear that BVI has their act together. I am a very organized person, so I appreciated that BVI always fit in with my high expectations. They always had an answer for every question and kept the planning process running smoothly for the entire 14 months we had our wedding booked. We were provided with a comprehensive packet containing all package information (menu, alcohol, extras), a timeline of milestones with BVI, a list of “what to expect” on the day-of, and more! The final details appointment held several weeks before the wedding was absolutely fantastic and helped to set some of our anxiety about the details at ease. Megan Lawrence, the Wedding Coordinator, was extremely responsive and always a pleasure to speak with on the phone or via email. About a month before the wedding, we were speaking on a weekly basis. She never made me feel like my questions were silly or that she didn’t have time for me. Within five minutes of meeting her when we dropped off décor, my parents concluded that “she is perfect for this job.” They are right! On the morning of the wedding, Megan herself was helping to set up the reception and was very helpful in assisting me with some last minute details. Bree, the Event Manager, was also a pleasure. She helped with the room layout and seating chart at our final details appointment. She was present for the event set-up and through the entire reception. We found BVI to be pretty comparable in price to some other venues in the area, perhaps costing us a bit more in the end. Remember, when it comes to booking vendors for your wedding, you get what you pay for! BVI was worth every penny. If we had to do it all again, we wouldn’t change a thing!!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Karin K

Our 1.2.15 wedding at the BVI was everything we imagined and more! From our first meeting with Olivia, we knew that we had found someplace special (after all the other subpar venues we had seen) - all the staff at the BVI was fabulous - responsive, helpful and went above and... Read More beyond to make our day wonderful! Our friends and family are still talking about how perfect the location was, the amazing food and the wonderful and accommodating staff! The transition from the ceremony (which was held inside), to the cocktail hour, and finally to dinner was absolutely seamless - most guests said they didn't even notice it and the room was stunning - thanks to the gentleman who painstakingly hung ALL the Christmas decorations back up just for our wedding after the wedding the previous night had requested they be removed. Having the whole inn to ourselves for two days was absolutely one of our favorite parts of the BVI - all of our friends and family were able to spend more time together, and hang out in the Milk Room after the reception. It was such a special treat. The brunch the next day was delicious, and a nice way to end such a perfect weekend. Olivia, Candace, Bree, Patti and the rest of the staff were all truly exceptional. Olivia went above and beyond to answer any questions we had during the planning process and attended to the most minute details the day of the wedding. Candace (and Chelsea) were so helpful coordinating the room bookings - a process they made so easy and were there at a moments notice when I had any questions (which were a lot)! Bree was so amazing for the actual wedding - everything we needed was taken care of flawlessly! Every detail went smoothly, from the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception - nothing went unattended. Patti, my personal attendant for the day was amazing - from bringing me champagne in the bridal suite, staying with me just prior to the ceremony to cue me in, bustling my dress, to getting us drinks and appetizers - we never had to want for anything! The staff even put champagne, dessert and rose petals in our room during the reception, which was such a sweet touch. And a special thanks to the amazing waitstaff, bartenders, front desk, housekeeping, etc. who made our weekend perfect! Every single staff member at the inn was truly exceptional. In short - The Bedford Village Inn set a very high bar for any future weddings in our family. Chris and I both agree that the wedding could not have been more perfect, and we are so grateful for the staff of the BVI for making it all happen, perfectly. The BVI will always hold a special place in our hearts - thank you for bringing us so much joy!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Janelle S

The Bedford Village Inn was a wonderful venue for our November wedding! The whole team made our day flow seamlessly and the service was excellent. Megan was a huge help! We are so happy we chose the BVI!

Perfect venue for our winter wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Kristen

My husband and I got married at the Bedford Village Inn last month. The wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more. Megan, our planner, and Bri and Patti, our day-of coordinators, were absolutely fabulous! Megan worked with us from day one for all of the planning, vendor... Read More coordinating, budgeting, etc. She was able to get us a reduced rate due to our wedding being so close to Christmas. Her guidance and quick email responses kept me from losing my mind with stress throughout the year. Bri and Patti were there for us during the rehearsal and the entire wedding. They were so attentive to our needs and made sure everything happened promptly and in the right order. The Great Hall was all decked out for Christmas--their decorations matched our wedding perfectly! It was so beautiful and elegant. The staff also did an excellent job setting up all of the decorations that we brought over. It looked exactly the way that I wanted it to! The food was delicious, of course. They provided my husband and I with sparkling cider instead of champagne at the reception since neither of us drink. So accommodating! We had a hot cocoa bar and a photo booth, along with 9 guest tables. I was worried about it being too crowded, but the space was perfect. We were able to get pictures both inside and outside, which was wonderful, because the building and grounds are so lovely. The best thing about having our wedding at the BVI is that everything was taken out of our hands once we got there. They took care of set-up, break down, lining up the wedding party, and keeping everything on schedule. It was such a relief to be able to hand all of the details over to them and not have to worry about anything. Honestly, the price point is on the high end at this place, but for the service we received and the stunning location, it was worth every single penny. We couldn't be happier with our experience at the BVI!

Loved the Venue and the Service!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Jeanette J

(Mother of the bride here) The wedding was November 1, 2014 and nothing short of amazing!! The venue itself is beautiful (that's the main reason the bride and groom chose it!), but the service is what elevated it to superstar status. Olivia is the overall Social Sales... Read More Director, and not only was she nice and kind as expected, but she answered all our questions and constant stream of emails quickly and efficiently. She allowed us to bring in huge trays of cookies (an Italian tradition) to the reception. Not all places will allow you to bring in outside food, so this was very much appreciated. When we were outside the night before for the rehearsal, she was walking to her car to leave for the day but she doubled back just to give us all a hug and wish us good luck! Bree and Patty were our day-of coordinators and they were amazing!! (Bree was also there Friday night to direct the rehearsal) They couldn't do enough for us, and were always there with a smile and a, "What do you need? What can we do for you?" They brought us glasses of champagne during dressing time. When the DJ and photographer had differing times on when the bridal party would be introduced into the reception, they got them to split the difference so that they were both set up and ready to go at the same time. When I misplaced 450 cookies (only to find them in the conference room we used as hair and makeup station), they got them on the trays and out to the tables in record time. I can not say enough nice things about them. They decorated the bridal suite during the reception beautifully, with snacks and champagne and artfully placed rose petals. It looked lovely. The food was amazing as well, everyone raved about it! The appetizers were delightful, as were the meals. The waitstaff was excellent, very professional and polite. I would absolutely recommend BVI to anyone who wants a classy, elegant wedding! Jeanette Johnson Mother of the Bride Wedding date: November 1, 2014

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Claire T

I just got married at the BVI last month and our wedding came together beautifully. The staff there are pros and made the planning process easy, they are great with communication which is very important to me. It's a great venue if you have a lot of out of town guests (we did)... Read More because everyone can stay there, it's so fun! I had a glass of wine up at the wine bar with my aunts and cousins after our rehearsal dinner and then we all walked to our rooms after, I love the ability to do all that on the premises. Getting ready there the morning of was also a great perk, I could walk over to my parents' room and even peek in on the hall to see how the decor was coming along...I loved it! Food was amazing and they have an excellent wine cellar. Patti the head server is a true gem, my husband and I were blown away by how attentive she was! Only downside I experienced was I wish the schedule of the day was managed a little tighter... we did not hire a wedding planner because they have an in-house coordinator who we paid $450 extra to help with the ceremony off-site. I was waiting in the car and told someone would get me when it was time to walk down the aisle. No one came, so my dad and I went up to the church on our own and walked in just in time to see my MOH walk down the aisle. We almost missed it!!! Because of this I was more stressed and flustered then I wanted to be walking down the aisle as I had no time at all to collect myself, obviously I hated that. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner I would say go for it, otherwise everything else was wonderful! A truly lovely and unique venue with excellent customer service.

Beautiful, Elegant, Rustic!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Elizabeth C

The Bedford Village Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. My husband and I were just married there on 9/19 and it was magical! The location was perfect, if you are looking for somewhere GORGEOUS to do an outdoor ceremony and then have a warm, rustic, barn reception,... Read More but still feel elegant and classic! The whole team there was wonderful and took care of us the entire way, from the moment they met us until the very end. Melissa, Bre, and Patty were beyond responsive and made sure our day was absolutely perfect. We loved it!

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Becky R

Everything about the Bedford Village Inn was amazing! After visiting the Inn we fell in love with the grounds and old NH charm. Our ceremony outside was gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! Our wedding planner, Melissa, was awesome. She was always quick... Read More to respond to our questions and remembered every detail that we wanted. She was excellent to work with. The staff truly goes above and beyond. Bree and Patti made sure everything went perfect. They even left us a care package in our room at the end of the night with our dinners, desserts, and cake. It was such a great surprise after not getting a chance to eat all day! We continue to hear how amazing our wedding was. Everyone loved every detail! If you want a perfect wedding that has it all - go with the BVI. The entire experience surpassed our expectations!

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Diane B

the Bedford village inn exceeded my expectations! They were professional in every way. I would highly recommend them for your event.

Fantastic small wedding!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Helen M

My husband and I got married this past weekend at the Bedford Village Inn. When planning our wedding, we had decided that we wanted a small wedding with close friends and family at a small park in the area and then wanted to treat them all to a fantastic dinner at a nice... Read More restaurant. We started to look around to various restaurants in the Manchester/Bedford area and decided on Bedford Village Inn based on good experiences as diners in the past. We could not have been happier with how everything went. First of all, Melissa, the event planner for the BVI, was courteous and professional throughout the planning. She never tried to sell us more than what we wanted and was organized throughout our time with her. We settled on renting the overlook room and have a three course dinner which allowed our 20 guests different options of what they wanted to order. We also requested our own bartender for an open bar, which they provided at no additional cost. The night of the wedding, our dinner was supposed to start at 6pm. Our ceremony didn't take as long as originally thought and many of our guests were there around 5:15. The management allowed us all to have a drink in the Tavern while we waited for the room to be finished. The room itself was perfect. It was private and cozy, as well as decorated beautifully. They had an amazing spread of appetizers (which we had selected beforehand) and our cake was on display as we walked in. We chose to have one large table so that we could all sit together since it was such a small wedding party and our place settings were very nice. The food was fantastic. We were able to pick three dinner options beforehand and have our guests order once they were seated, as well as two salad options and three desserts. Everyone raved about the food and the wedding cake was great as well. Last, but certainly not least, the wait staff was wonderful! Everyone we came in contact with was kind and courteous. They did a great job being there when needed but giving us our privacy so we could have a great time. Overall, I couldn't recommend BVI enough. The entire experience was everything we had hoped for and we are so happy we decided to host our wedding here.

Bedford Village Inn September 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 nikki t

My wedding at the BVI could have not been more perfect. I had only a little over 2.5 weeks to plan my wedding due to family circumstances and the BVI was there every step of the way being so accommodating to everything. The day of the wedding, Patty (from the BVI) was at my side... Read More all night making sure everything went smoothly and if I needed something it was there. I couldn't have thanked them enough! Highly recommend the BVI to anyone looking at venues.

September 27th, 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Stephanie P

We just had our wedding at the BVI last Friday and we are still glowing with how great everything was. From the first day, the BVI was willing to work with our budget and Stephanie Dolloff was amazing! She was willing to give advice and ideas and was always easy to reach. We... Read More were able to book appointments on the weekends when needed to go over everything that we needed and our questions were always answered. The day of my wedding was amazing! Bree Warren and Patty were so accommodating. I made almost everything for the wedding - centerpieces, favors, etc. and they were able to set everything up just as I had imagined it. The day went off without a hitch and with so much love and support around us. The food was AMAZING and many of our guests said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We loved that we were able to keep the party going in the milk room after the reception ended at midnight and that our closest friends and family were all able to stay in the same place. Over all, I would recommend the BVI to any bride looking for a rustic\chic wedding at a wonderful cost, you won't regret it!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Briana F

For months leading up to our wedding, anytime we talked with anyone who had been to the Bedford Village Inn before, they always gushed about their positive experience and after hosting our wedding there, we agree with them wholeheartedly. We could not have been happier with our... Read More choice of venue. We received many compliments from our guests about the scenic gardens, the gorgeous post and beam reception barn, and the excellent food and accommodations. Although a bit pricey, we fell in love with the BVI, and it was the perfect venue for us to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one convenient and beautiful place.

Our summer wedding at the BVI.

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Michelle B

The planning process went as smooth as can be expected. They were thoughtful and thorough. They offer many options and choices for a variety of budgets. Be advised there are "financial guarantees" to be met. However this is the norm in most venue spaces around the country. Also... Read More be advised, all 11 rooms at the inn are the responsibility of the bride and groom to fill. Even if they go un-used. At $200/night per room that can add up quickly. Sure the bridal suite is "free". The space is beautiful and cozy, unlike more large ball room type places. Our personal assistant Patty took care of us the day off and was very nice and professional. My only gripe about her service is that I had no idea when she left / was done for the evening. Our wedding reception ended at 12:00 AM. However a simple, follow up and formal exit would have been appropriate. Also, my ceremony flowers were left in a COAT CLOSET and not brought to the reception space post ceremony. You can imagine my disgust to see $500 in fresh flowers sitting in the closet when they were supposed to be placed inside and around the reception space. A very customary transition and use of beautiful fresh flowers. Questionable that true professionals were at work that night. WHO DOES THAT?? Who in their right mind puts fresh flowers in a closet??? Later in the night cookies, brownies etc were brought out for our guests which I did not know about until after they were all gone. Patty should have told me personally where they were and when. To make a long story short - for the money I paid I did expect damn near perfection. I honestly expected to be blown away by the service. That they would think of what I would want before I would want it. This was my first wedding so I was expecting to be absolutely taken care of. You are after all working with professionals who do this for a living but I couldn't tell. There were just to many little things that didn't go as I intended or expected. While my guests had the time of their lives they were blissfully unaware of any minor issues that night. My advice to future brides looking to use this venue is this: be absolutely clear of what your cake table, card/gift table and seating arrangement table should look like, include pictures if you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions and follow up even in the middle of your reception. Don't just assume they know what they are doing like I did. AFTERALL, we had a beautiful wedding, the food was awesome and everyone had the time of their lives.

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Laura S

We had a great experience with the BVI. Melissa was attentive, professional and super helpful in planning our wedding. It was everything we could've hoped for.

Wonderful Experience, but a little bad after taste

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Jessica R

The place was beautiful and everything I requested was right. The night went without a hitch and the service was wonderful. We even had money left over on the consumption bar, which they allowed us to use on full bottles of wine! My only negative was that the tasting sample... Read More meals were not what we received during the wedding. The protein did not taste exactly the same, which is understand when you are cooking 150 of them. But the potato and veg was like a stir fry. It tasted great, but presentation was not great and I wanted the food to not be wedding food. It was wedding food. The other comment is to make sure that at the end of the night, if you provide bathroom amenity baskets, to bring them to your room. Ours were used but full at the end of the night and in the morning they were completely emptied out except for 1 item in each. I don't think that was my guests. Overall a wonderful experience, but those few comment left a bad taste in my mouth especially for the amount of money they charge. If you use them you can save money doing a consumption bar! Request the fries from the Pub as an appetizer. They were delicious.