Bedford Village Inn

Bedford, NH

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Bedford Village Inn in Bedford, New Hampshire, extends an invitation to brides and grooms to plan unforgettable estate weddings in this unique venue. Whether the guest list is large or small, the Bedford Village Inn can transform a couple's vision into a beautiful wedding reality. With both indoor and outdoor settings, this breathtaking inn provides elegant surroundings for both ceremonies and receptions.

The Great Hall. Spanning multiple levels, the Great Hall is an expansive and luxurious location for a wedding celebration. An arched ceiling with exposed beams and copper chandeliers set the stage for spectacular events. This room will accommodate between 80 and 210 guests.

The Charolais Room. Smaller celebrations are right at home in the new Charolais Room. This lavish venue will accommodate between 40 and 80 guests. With a dance floor, fireplace and private bar, guests will enjoy this upscale venue.

Overlook Terrace. Just outside the Charolais Room lies the Overlook Terrace. This garden area features a salt water pool and fountain, which provide lovely ambience during a ceremony or reception. This space will accommodate up to 50 guests.

Planning and executing elegant weddings is the specialty of the event coordinators at the Bedford Village Inn. With acute attention to even the smallest details, these event specialists work with each couple to create unforgettable wedding celebrations.

The Bedford Village Inn offers gold and silver wedding packages. Both packages include a 5.5-hour reception with a champagne toast, coffee and tea service and a farewell brunch for 30 guests on the next day. Packages also include your choice of white or ivory linens and napkins.

The gold package includes two choices of stationary hors d'oeuvres and four choices of passed hors d'oeuvres, a pasta station, carving station and entrée selections such as roasted Atlantic salmon and stuffed breast of chicken. The silver package includes one choice of stationary hors d'oeuvres and four choices of passed hors d'oeuvres. The plated dinner includes a first course and an entrée course.

The event coordinators at the Bedford Village Inn understand that brides and grooms seek to celebrate their weddings in unique and memorable ways. Special requests are accepted and accommodated whenever possible. You can also add amenities and services to your celebration.

• Add food stations such as pasta, raw bar or a shellfish display
  • Add a soup or salad course to a meal
  • Dessert enhancements available, such as a European chocolate fountain or Viennese display
  • Beverage enhancements such as martini station, mulled cider or hot chocolate station available
  • Serve late night snacks such a pizza or mini crab cakes

BVI Promotions

Please contact out Event Team to inquire about our Simply Elegant Package offered January-April and our 2017 White Sale Dates. In the months of January & February, we now feature a complimentary outdoor, hand carved Ice Bar with your own customized luge to enjoy during your cocktail hour on our side patio. In addition to the Ice Bar, we will also offer a fire pit to keep warm with lounge seating in that space as well. In March & April take advantage of the outdoor fire pit in addition to discounts on the Great Hall facility fee and on-site ceremony fees. Our overnight accommodations include cozy fireplaces and access to our year round salt water heated pool and hot tub. [email protected] - 603.472.2001

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, NH (603) 472-2001
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/01/2017

We held our wedding at the BVI last month and I still cannot get over how perfect our day was!!! From the moment we stepped on property to tour with Megan, to the morning we checked out, everything was flawless. We hosted our rehearsal dinner in the restaurant, and then held... Read More the post wedding breakfast (which was included!) in the Tavern the next morning, so were able to spend the entire weekend on property. It made it so easy for our guests, and everyone was able to just RELAX. Our guests raved about the property, and how beautiful everything is. The food is DELICIOUS. I am still getting compliments! Mackenzie and Samantha were amazing – there for anything that we needed throughout the evening, making sure we always had a drink in hand...and that we actually took time to enjoy our dinner! They set up everything just as I had envisioned. I cannot thank the BVI staff enough for making our day a dream come true. I just wish I could go back in time to enjoy it all over again!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Kim F

We had the most amazing experience at the Bedford Village Inn! We could not be more pleased with our entire reception. The grounds are gorgeous and the Great Hall is breathtaking. Melissa was AMAZING to work with through all of our planning. On the day of our Wedding Sam and... Read More Mackenzie were there to take care of anything that we needed, including fixing my dress when my train ripped (Thank you, over and over). The food was beyond impressive, we have received so many compliments, and the accommodations represent New England in the most luxurious way. My Husband and I could not be happier that we chose the BVI. They have everything that you need all on one property.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Kerri M

I had polar opposite experiences between the Tavern for my rehearsal dinner and the Inn for the wedding, hence the low rating. Let's start with the good: The ceremony and reception at the Inn were beautiful and seamless. Sam stayed nearby the entire time and made sure we had... Read More everything we needed. Our guests had an amazing time. Absolutely zero complaints about my experience with the Inn and the event staff. The Tavern is a different story, though. My family had booked the upstairs room until 9pm, and were planning on meeting more friends at the Bonfire afterwards. I learned later that there were complaints about us being noisy, which apparently led the staff to believe that we were all over served. When we eventually moved downstairs to the bonfire, I (the bride) went up to the bar to get a drink and was told that I was being cut off. This was not only ridiculous - I was dead sober- but also just terrible customer service. Who cuts off the bride at her own rehearsal dinner? When my parents approached the manager to ask what was going on, he proceeded to kick my entire party out of the Bonfire and call the police. It was all completely disastrous, upsetting, and unwarranted. So basically, if you plan on having any fun or joy at your rehearsal dinner, or if your family is boisterous like mine, spend your money elsewhere. Have your wedding at the Inn, but avoid the restaurant.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Rachel L

My husband and I got married at the BVI this December. Leading up to the big day their team was so organized. We worked mostly with Megan who was hands down amazing. She was always available, quick to answer any question and so genuinely nice. The day of we had an event... Read More manager and a bridal assistant who also did an amazing job. I did not notice one issue or flaw. The BVI is so professional and organized it will keep you at ease the whole day and months leading up to the event. Since our wedding was in December, the space was beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Everyone loved the food! It was also great where the majority of the wedding could stay on the property. I would highly recommend the Bedford Village Inn to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Cathy B

We cannot say enough of how incredible BVI treated us leading up to, during and after our wedding day! They are incredibly easy to work with, always available and willing to answer any and all questions you may have, and are SO nice!! We felt very lucky to work with Megan and... Read More her team! All of our guests couldn't stop commenting on how fantastic the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and everyone had a blast there! We'd absolutely recommend BVI to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Ariel M

From the moment we toured BVI I knew this was the place my husband and I were going to get married. Melissa and the rest of the staff put on a FLAWLESS day. Melissa's attention to detail was so appreciated and she really helped us have the wedding of our dreams. The food was... Read More phenomenal and the guests were so impressed with how gorgeous the rooms they stayed in were. I literally didn't have to stress about one thing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Elizabeth B

My husband and I got married at the BVI in September. The moment I stepped on the grounds of the Bedford Village Inn, I knew that it was the perfect location to celebrate our big day. The old NH charm and the grounds in full bloom made for beautiful pictures and a perfect... Read More cocktail hour. The reception hall has a rustic element that radiates with elegance. We worked with Melissa for all the details up until the wedding, and she was very prompt to respond, knowledgeable and helpful. She was a pleasure to work with. She made sure Mackenzie (our day of coordinator) was filled in with everything that was planned - and she executed the day to perfection. The food was incredible! We are still getting compliments on how wonderful the food was! From starting the wedding planning process to the week after the wedding, the Bedford Village Inn was respectful, prompt and extremely gracious. We made the best decision to have our reception here and we had the perfect day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Audra L

Had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on site. Everything was so wonderful and the staff went above and beyond. So attentive and understand of our needs, it was magical!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Erin M

My husband and I got married at the BVI back in April and it was by far the most perfect day all because of how great the BVI is and how accommodating the entire staff is! They made everything so easy for us during the planning months up to our big day. Megan was amazing to deal... Read More with and extremely patient with our many questions and never once made us feel like we were a hassle to deal with. She ensured we had every thing we wanted on our wedding day, and even let us make a couple of menu changes for both our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Choosing to get married at the BVI was the BEST wedding decision we could have made, and we have absolutely nothing bad to say about the venue and the entire staff. The staff was absolutely amazing to us and to all of our guests both at our rehearsal dinner as well as the night of our wedding. As if everything else wasn't enough, they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne along with their signature chocolate bag as a nice touch when we went to our bridal suite when the night was over. We would highly recommend the BVI to anyone looking to have a stunningly unique and beautiful wedding venue, as well as the most accommodating staff to deal with on one of the biggest days of your life!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Jaclyn P

The Bedford Village Inn is phenomenal! Through the whole wedding planning process all the way up to the actual day they were accommodating, professional, and attentive to everything, I have a type A personality and the Bedford Village Inn really exceeded my expectations of a... Read More wedding venue. Melissa Samaras is who I worked with throughout the whole process and she was always very quick to answer emails and phone calls with any question I may have had no matter how small or silly. I never felt as though I was a bother when I was in touch many times throughout the day/week. When I was overwhelmed Melissa was very calming and understanding. On the actual wedding day the entire staff was so professional! They made sure everything was as planned and were very attentive in order to make the day perfect! The bridal attendant was such a sweetheart and really helped throughout the whole process. She even helped my sister bustle my dress (it was complicated)! The food was delicious. My guests were very happy! I can't say enough about how amazing this venue was! I absolutely love it!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kate D

What can I say, the Bedford Village Inn was absolute perfection! It shows that they have had many many years of experience doing weddings. From our initial meeting with Melissa to the wedding day working with Mackenzie the staff was outstanding. Every little email I sent to... Read More Melissa with questions or concerns she promptly responded ensuring the BVI would handle it (and they did!). I could go on and on but the day of the wedding, the servers were so accommodating, my husband and I were given our own personal server who helped with anything from bustling my dress, to making sure we had our drinks fresh, to leaving a chocolate bag and champagne in our wedding suite. The addition of the new building, The Grand, was perfect for our guests. They really enjoyed the beautiful rooms, pool, and breakfast.

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Emily F

My husband and I got married at the BVI on January 2. We couldn't have had a better experience. The preparation went so smoothly. The BVI was decorated beautifully. Everyone (including us) had a blast! The food was amazing. The BVI is such a unique wedding venue and is an... Read More awesome place for a winter wedding.

Magical!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Katie S

The BVI is a MAGICAL place for a wedding. It is so beautiful on it's own, we never had to worry about any decorating and simple flowers on the tables were all we needed. The service was impeccable, food was delicious, and they are so helpful at organizing and taking care of... Read More the night! Megan, who helped us coordinate over the year, was so helpful and accomadating!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Annie K

So many things went wrong. The main being the day of our wedding we found out that our wedding planner does not work on Saturday's or Sunday's. And no, the wedding planner did not tell us this, even though we worked with only her through the year and half of planning. A random... Read More person who worked there, the morning of my wedding, told me this when I asked where she was. So please imagine all of things that went wrong from there and please note my ZERO stars. Unfortunately the text space here isn't long enough to describe everything- but I did fit it in YELP and TRIPADVISOR.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Dave I

Amazing venue! From start to finish, the amount of thought and care that went in was wonderful. The wedding coordinator was great, the staff and servers were polite and seemed genuinely happy to be there, and the venue itself was gorgeous. Two thumbs up. Thank you BVI!

Fairytale

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Kenna S

The BVI is a total dream to have a wedding reception. Despite the fact that it rained, we had an incredible evening inside the great hall. The staff are so attentive and know what you need before you say it. The coordinators are so kind, helpful, and thoughtful. All of our... Read More guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the venue is and we couldn't agree more! The night ended with an amazing presentation at the bridal suite with rose petals, slices of our cake, a chocolate box (YUM!), a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, handwritten notes from the staff, and chocolate chip cookies next to our bed. AMAZING! Memories from this beautiful venue will remain forever.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Megan H

My husband and I were married at St. Anselm College in April 2015. When we began our reception venue search, we looked at a handful of places close by. Bedford Village Inn was the clear winner because of the unique setting and the abundance of experience they have with weddings... Read More and events in general. From the time you book an appointment to take a look, it’s clear that BVI has their act together. I am a very organized person, so I appreciated that BVI always fit in with my high expectations. They always had an answer for every question and kept the planning process running smoothly for the entire 14 months we had our wedding booked. We were provided with a comprehensive packet containing all package information (menu, alcohol, extras), a timeline of milestones with BVI, a list of “what to expect” on the day-of, and more! The final details appointment held several weeks before the wedding was absolutely fantastic and helped to set some of our anxiety about the details at ease. Megan Lawrence, the Wedding Coordinator, was extremely responsive and always a pleasure to speak with on the phone or via email. About a month before the wedding, we were speaking on a weekly basis. She never made me feel like my questions were silly or that she didn’t have time for me. Within five minutes of meeting her when we dropped off décor, my parents concluded that “she is perfect for this job.” They are right! On the morning of the wedding, Megan herself was helping to set up the reception and was very helpful in assisting me with some last minute details. Bree, the Event Manager, was also a pleasure. She helped with the room layout and seating chart at our final details appointment. She was present for the event set-up and through the entire reception. We found BVI to be pretty comparable in price to some other venues in the area, perhaps costing us a bit more in the end. Remember, when it comes to booking vendors for your wedding, you get what you pay for! BVI was worth every penny. If we had to do it all again, we wouldn’t change a thing!!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Karin K

Our 1.2.15 wedding at the BVI was everything we imagined and more! From our first meeting with Olivia, we knew that we had found someplace special (after all the other subpar venues we had seen) - all the staff at the BVI was fabulous - responsive, helpful and went above and... Read More beyond to make our day wonderful! Our friends and family are still talking about how perfect the location was, the amazing food and the wonderful and accommodating staff! The transition from the ceremony (which was held inside), to the cocktail hour, and finally to dinner was absolutely seamless - most guests said they didn't even notice it and the room was stunning - thanks to the gentleman who painstakingly hung ALL the Christmas decorations back up just for our wedding after the wedding the previous night had requested they be removed. Having the whole inn to ourselves for two days was absolutely one of our favorite parts of the BVI - all of our friends and family were able to spend more time together, and hang out in the Milk Room after the reception. It was such a special treat. The brunch the next day was delicious, and a nice way to end such a perfect weekend. Olivia, Candace, Bree, Patti and the rest of the staff were all truly exceptional. Olivia went above and beyond to answer any questions we had during the planning process and attended to the most minute details the day of the wedding. Candace (and Chelsea) were so helpful coordinating the room bookings - a process they made so easy and were there at a moments notice when I had any questions (which were a lot)! Bree was so amazing for the actual wedding - everything we needed was taken care of flawlessly! Every detail went smoothly, from the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception - nothing went unattended. Patti, my personal attendant for the day was amazing - from bringing me champagne in the bridal suite, staying with me just prior to the ceremony to cue me in, bustling my dress, to getting us drinks and appetizers - we never had to want for anything! The staff even put champagne, dessert and rose petals in our room during the reception, which was such a sweet touch. And a special thanks to the amazing waitstaff, bartenders, front desk, housekeeping, etc. who made our weekend perfect! Every single staff member at the inn was truly exceptional. In short - The Bedford Village Inn set a very high bar for any future weddings in our family. Chris and I both agree that the wedding could not have been more perfect, and we are so grateful for the staff of the BVI for making it all happen, perfectly. The BVI will always hold a special place in our hearts - thank you for bringing us so much joy!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Janelle S

The Bedford Village Inn was a wonderful venue for our November wedding! The whole team made our day flow seamlessly and the service was excellent. Megan was a huge help! We are so happy we chose the BVI!

Perfect venue for our winter wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Kristen

My husband and I got married at the Bedford Village Inn last month. The wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more. Megan, our planner, and Bri and Patti, our day-of coordinators, were absolutely fabulous! Megan worked with us from day one for all of the planning, vendor... Read More coordinating, budgeting, etc. She was able to get us a reduced rate due to our wedding being so close to Christmas. Her guidance and quick email responses kept me from losing my mind with stress throughout the year. Bri and Patti were there for us during the rehearsal and the entire wedding. They were so attentive to our needs and made sure everything happened promptly and in the right order. The Great Hall was all decked out for Christmas--their decorations matched our wedding perfectly! It was so beautiful and elegant. The staff also did an excellent job setting up all of the decorations that we brought over. It looked exactly the way that I wanted it to! The food was delicious, of course. They provided my husband and I with sparkling cider instead of champagne at the reception since neither of us drink. So accommodating! We had a hot cocoa bar and a photo booth, along with 9 guest tables. I was worried about it being too crowded, but the space was perfect. We were able to get pictures both inside and outside, which was wonderful, because the building and grounds are so lovely. The best thing about having our wedding at the BVI is that everything was taken out of our hands once we got there. They took care of set-up, break down, lining up the wedding party, and keeping everything on schedule. It was such a relief to be able to hand all of the details over to them and not have to worry about anything. Honestly, the price point is on the high end at this place, but for the service we received and the stunning location, it was worth every single penny. We couldn't be happier with our experience at the BVI!

Loved the Venue and the Service!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Jeanette J

(Mother of the bride here) The wedding was November 1, 2014 and nothing short of amazing!! The venue itself is beautiful (that's the main reason the bride and groom chose it!), but the service is what elevated it to superstar status. Olivia is the overall Social Sales... Read More Director, and not only was she nice and kind as expected, but she answered all our questions and constant stream of emails quickly and efficiently. She allowed us to bring in huge trays of cookies (an Italian tradition) to the reception. Not all places will allow you to bring in outside food, so this was very much appreciated. When we were outside the night before for the rehearsal, she was walking to her car to leave for the day but she doubled back just to give us all a hug and wish us good luck! Bree and Patty were our day-of coordinators and they were amazing!! (Bree was also there Friday night to direct the rehearsal) They couldn't do enough for us, and were always there with a smile and a, "What do you need? What can we do for you?" They brought us glasses of champagne during dressing time. When the DJ and photographer had differing times on when the bridal party would be introduced into the reception, they got them to split the difference so that they were both set up and ready to go at the same time. When I misplaced 450 cookies (only to find them in the conference room we used as hair and makeup station), they got them on the trays and out to the tables in record time. I can not say enough nice things about them. They decorated the bridal suite during the reception beautifully, with snacks and champagne and artfully placed rose petals. It looked lovely. The food was amazing as well, everyone raved about it! The appetizers were delightful, as were the meals. The waitstaff was excellent, very professional and polite. I would absolutely recommend BVI to anyone who wants a classy, elegant wedding! Jeanette Johnson Mother of the Bride Wedding date: November 1, 2014

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Claire T

I just got married at the BVI last month and our wedding came together beautifully. The staff there are pros and made the planning process easy, they are great with communication which is very important to me. It's a great venue if you have a lot of out of town guests (we did)... Read More because everyone can stay there, it's so fun! I had a glass of wine up at the wine bar with my aunts and cousins after our rehearsal dinner and then we all walked to our rooms after, I love the ability to do all that on the premises. Getting ready there the morning of was also a great perk, I could walk over to my parents' room and even peek in on the hall to see how the decor was coming along...I loved it! Food was amazing and they have an excellent wine cellar. Patti the head server is a true gem, my husband and I were blown away by how attentive she was! Only downside I experienced was I wish the schedule of the day was managed a little tighter... we did not hire a wedding planner because they have an in-house coordinator who we paid $450 extra to help with the ceremony off-site. I was waiting in the car and told someone would get me when it was time to walk down the aisle. No one came, so my dad and I went up to the church on our own and walked in just in time to see my MOH walk down the aisle. We almost missed it!!! Because of this I was more stressed and flustered then I wanted to be walking down the aisle as I had no time at all to collect myself, obviously I hated that. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner I would say go for it, otherwise everything else was wonderful! A truly lovely and unique venue with excellent customer service.

Beautiful, Elegant, Rustic!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Elizabeth C

The Bedford Village Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. My husband and I were just married there on 9/19 and it was magical! The location was perfect, if you are looking for somewhere GORGEOUS to do an outdoor ceremony and then have a warm, rustic, barn reception,... Read More but still feel elegant and classic! The whole team there was wonderful and took care of us the entire way, from the moment they met us until the very end. Melissa, Bre, and Patty were beyond responsive and made sure our day was absolutely perfect. We loved it!

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Becky R

Everything about the Bedford Village Inn was amazing! After visiting the Inn we fell in love with the grounds and old NH charm. Our ceremony outside was gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! Our wedding planner, Melissa, was awesome. She was always quick... Read More to respond to our questions and remembered every detail that we wanted. She was excellent to work with. The staff truly goes above and beyond. Bree and Patti made sure everything went perfect. They even left us a care package in our room at the end of the night with our dinners, desserts, and cake. It was such a great surprise after not getting a chance to eat all day! We continue to hear how amazing our wedding was. Everyone loved every detail! If you want a perfect wedding that has it all - go with the BVI. The entire experience surpassed our expectations!

excellent

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Diane B

the Bedford village inn exceeded my expectations! They were professional in every way. I would highly recommend them for your event.