Bella Giornata Events & Design LLC

Fredericksburg, Richmond, NOVA, Charlottesville

Full service wedding planning & design

At Bella Giornata Events & Design, we offer three levels of service for our couples: Full Planning and Design; Planning and Management; Wedding Management and Logistics - better known as Day-of-Coordination. We take special care of our couples by offering unique experiences that make their journey into marriage a fulfilling and memorable season in their lives. Our approach to weddings and social events uses a clients' love story as the foundation of the design. We then pull from the things most important to them to develop their vision for the event. A stress-free seamless celebration is what you and your partner deserve without feeling overwhelmed and burdened by the process. Please contact us to hear more about our services and availability. We look forward to meeting you!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

907 Caroline St Suite G, Fredericksburg, VA Fredericksburg, Richmond, NOVA, Charlottesville (540) 841-5964
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Cindy P

Christina, from Bella Giornata Events, did an excellent job in helping plan our daughter’s special day! She was professional, dependable, easy to contact and extremely helpful by giving us many, creative ideas. Christina had great suggestions for local vendors and we used many... Read More of her recommendations. She certainly made the planning process a stress-free time by being easily accessible. Christina came to the rehearsal to ensure all went well. On the wedding day, she was up early decorating the venue while contacting the vendors to make sure all were ready and prepared for the reception. Her perfected timeline ensured that everything ran smoothly. Christina is extremely hard working! On the wedding day, she put in an 11-hour day all with a smile! We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on the beautifully decorated the venue, the delicious the food and the lovely details. We have already recommended Bella Giornata to friends! You will not be disappointed with her services and her kind, creative and relaxed personality.

2017-07-28T12:34:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure working with you and your daughter. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

THE BEST WEDDING COORDINATORS! I can't say enough good things about them! Bella Giornata Events did day-of wedding coordination for me, stepping in when I reached out for help at the last minute. I originally spoke with Christina who was professional, kind and extremely... Read More knowledgeable. She had recommendations that I used and loved, such as meeting with my dad before the ceremony. That was such a wonderful idea (which I wouldn't have thought of), and I will treasure those moments for the rest of my life. Thank you, Christina! On the day of the wedding we worked with Meghan. Meghan is the HARDEST working person I have ever known in my life and thought of every single little detail. My parents were anxious for everything to go well and very hands on in the beginning of the day, but Meghan quickly won their full confidence. By early afternoon they were relaxed, having a wonderful time and constantly amazed by Meghan's attention to detail, ability to move people efficiently from one place to another, energetic presence and expertise. She thought of everything! We all felt pampered and really enjoyed the day. My dad gave Meghan a shout out during his speech, explaining that he was a logistics officer in the Marine Corps for 21 years and saying that Meghan would give any drill sergeant a run for their money. She did all of this with absolute grace, kindness and made us all feel great about our choices. My wedding day was the happiest day of my life and I can't thank Meghan enough for being the one to pull it all together so seamlessly. tldr; BOOK THEM! It is so worth it! You will be very, very glad that you did.

2017-07-28T12:33:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure working with you and thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Laurie C

We can't thank Christina enough for the amazing job she did as my daughter's wedding planner! Christina provided us with such creative ideas to help our vision of an elegant, vintage wedding come to life. From our very first meeting until end of the reception night, Christina... Read More always had a warm smile on her face and a positive response to all that we asked of her. About two weeks prior to the wedding day, we received information that there was a possibility of our venue not being open on the day of the wedding. Through her connections, Christina immediately found two other venues for us to view as back up locations. In the end, we were able to keep our original venue. Christina did a wonderful job ordering everything we needed to make my daughter's dreams come true!

2017-07-28T12:33:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with you and and your daughter. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kait R

My sister liked Christina so much upon her meeting and continuously made excuses time and time again for her inability to get back to her in a timely manner ("its a really busy time for her"). It normally took her like two weeks to return a call or multiple emails from my... Read More sister. My sister had to do basically everything - I remember thinking what in the hell are you paying this woman to do!? She would have been better off without her because she entrusted her to do things and then they weren't done. She was promised two free nights at a hotel in the contract that they planned to give to her mother in law. They reminded her so many times about it and she did nothing leaving it to the day of her mother in laws arrival on the day before her wedding day with no hotel room!! They ended up having to foot the bill for the hotel and get reimbursed later (who knows if that even happened.) For the rehearsal she sends this very nice woman my sister had never even heard of and she failed to mention would be there and she took iPhone photos of the ceremony and how it should look for the OTHER woman who would be taking her place since she was just too busy to be available for her wedding. She should have known she wouldn't be available and then set up meetings with her replacement so they knew the expectations instead she knew nothing about the wedding at all. Then comes the day of the wedding where absolutely nothing was taken care of. We had to reach out to replacement wedding planner around lunch time to ask about the lunch that was promised at the salon. She told us we would have to take care of it, which we did. We didn't see her until we showed up to the venue (she didn't help with the photographs) which would be excusable if the venue was prepared which it was not. If it were not for the amazing caterer, who knows how it would have gone. She also knew nothing about the wedding and didn't even introduce herself to any of us. She did so very little and was never nearby to ask for help. The bride luckily had a group of people trying to figure everything out while this girl ran around doing who knows what. She never asked if my sister needed anything or if her husband did. My sister kept telling me some of the appeal to this planner was all the great decorations she had and as far as I could tell it was only a glass jar on each table, beautiful but not worth the money they paid. The wedding was great but it truly had nothing to do with this planner and I absolutely hate that my sister and her husband were stressed on their day! If she is too busy to handle her workload she needs to take less weddings on because this was truly inexcusable!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Alayna Z

Awesome wedding planner. Beautiful wedding. Everything came together so beautifully. It was really an amazing evening that everyone enjoyed without having to stress about it all coming together. Thank you

2017-07-28T12:32:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with you and thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Mary Beth G

I cannot say enough good things about Bella Giornata and Christina Moore. When we first started the planning process, we were unsure as to whether or not we could afford a wedding planner. After meeting with Christina, it became readily apparent that we could not afford to NOT... Read More have a wedding planner. Her relationship with local vendors and knowledge of the industry saved us literally thousands of dollars. As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the day knowing that Christina had everything under control and it was beyond our expectations. She took care of every little detail including ones I had no idea even needed addressing. When the DJ had to back out 2 weeks before the wedding, Christina had another one lined up before I even know about it and he was awesome. From the venue, to the decor, to the caterer and photographer, and even clean up at the end of the evening, I did not have to do a thing. As an added bonus, I feel like I have a new friend as well!

2017-06-12T19:16:59 Response from the vendor

I'm almost in tears, it was such a pleasure working beside you on such an important day to your family. I loved every minute of it! It was such a good time and I am so thankful for our friendship! :) I am so thankful... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Meredith B

I served as Matron of Honor in a wedding that was planned and coordinated by Bella Giornata Events. Christina was so easy and fabulous to work with. During the entire experience Christina was open, honest, and helpful. She was so good at embracing the bride's vision and... Read More helping her make it come to life. She made my job so easy! The planning and wedding itself went so smoothly because of all of her hard work. I would recommend Bella Giornata Events to any and all friends looking for a planner/ coordinator without any second thoughts.

2017-07-28T12:32:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with your bride.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Amanda O

Bella Gioriana Events did a fantastic job with my wedding! I live out of state, and my husband is from Poland. Christina was able to coordinate everything with me in New York and my mom locally. She seamlessly incorporated unique Polish wedding traditions. Because of her talent... Read More and dedication, we had a perfect day. Thank you Christina for making my special day an absolute fairy tale! I highly recommend Christina and her team for any bride looking for a magical experience.

2017-07-28T12:32:09 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amy K

Christina was my saving grace and turned every single one of my visions and then some for the wedding into reality. She was on top of every single hiccup that was imparted on us by the venue coordinators. I can't sing her praises enough. She is the perfect planner to work with... Read More for the type of bride I was/am: patient, easy going, trusting, flexible, and creative. She had so many awesome ideas that I would have never thought of, and I brag about her to everyone who asks about various wedding details. I thoroughly enjoyed planning some of the things for my wedding, so hiring her as my partial planner was perfect for us. I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding, and I owe it all to Bella Giornata! I would highly recommend.

2017-06-05T21:59:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I adored working with you as well! Your wedding day was stunning, it was so exciting to see it come to life! I cannot wait to watch your story unfold!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Gina N

Christina and her team was amazing. She just knew what I needed after meeting me at our first meeting, and made it all happen on my wedding day. She is one of the hardest planners in the area. I don't think I ever saw her sit down. She and her staff regularly checked in with... Read More us and our families to make sure that we were ok and having a blast. I couldn't thank her and her assistant enough for all of their hardwork. I still don't think I could ever thank her for everything that she did for me - and I was a needy bride! She got it right and whenever I hear someone has gotten engaged I insist that she is their planner!!! You seriously cannot go wrong with booking her and her team for your wedding!!

2017-07-28T12:32:00 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Alexandra L

Christina was absolutely amazing! She definitely had it together. She made the entire event flawless. We appreciate her so much, if anyone is looking for a wedding planner - she is your girl!

2017-07-28T12:31:51 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Allison M

I have to say, I wasn't sure I needed a wedding planner. However, Christina and her team did so well and answering my questions, making suggestions and helping me. I was more interested in the decorating, I am challenged in that area. Best thing I did was to say, do what you... Read More would do if it were your wedding. The decorations, the flowers and the music were all on point! I'm still getting feedback saying what a great time everyone had. I did not do full planning so I did my invites, I did make calls to get permit and alcohol but every question i had was answered. My day of coordinator was very helpful and kept my mother calm. Highly recommend, thank you.

2017-07-28T12:30:11 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Dani G

Christina was good at calming my nerves, we had great conversation and really got a long. However, There were about 3 times we set up to talk on the phone and she never followed through. When we finally decided to sit down with our venue she was so late my mother in law had to... Read More leave and go back to work. I will say the week of she was very communicative with me. I paid 1900 so that I could utilize the rentals she had talked up like her backdrop of a love lyrics, glittery table numbers, candelabras to put donuts on as parting gifts, and draping, something to keep the cards we received in (it looked so sloppy) etc. etc.... NOTHING was there. I didn't even think I had to bring it back up during our final meeting because, well, I thought she knew because of our previous meetings/talks. The only thing I guess you could say I rented was the vases for the flowers and even then she didn't deliver when it came to my flowers. Two days before the person she gets flowers through's truck broke down and ruined all the greenery I wanted in the garland I had my heart set on. I know that's not her fault but it just added to the stress because THREE DAYS before our wedding she told me she wouldn't be working the reception, she would only be coming to check up for a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to keep it cool, I was on the verge of losing it over every other little thing. I feel like I was pushed to the side by her and she thought someone else was more important. This just wasn't what I paid for and I was disappointed. I avoided confrontation after she came up to me at the wedding to "check in" because what could be done? The next day she text me too, and I just couldn't get into all the stuff I had issues with. Again, what does it matter now--- the day is over! Regardless of what wasn't there that I paid for it was an amazing day. My wedding was in September and it still makes me absolutely angry. I really talked her up to everyone before hand because of our conversations of what I thought would be delivered. I will say the woman who did take over what I thought I paid Christina for was great. We always had drinks in our hands and she constantly checked up on us and kept us in the know. It just wasn't what I paid for and meeting someone new and putting our reception in her hands the day of is NOT a good feeling. I just hope whoever does choose her to work with gets her full attention, makes sure she writes down exactly what you want, she delivers and makes you feel more important than she made me feel.

2017-04-04T21:04:46 Response from the vendor

Hi! Please lets up a meeting to discuss your displeasures with the day. We opted for the donut door which, Bella Giornata complementarily provided when there was concern over the donuts on candelabras not being easily accessible by your guests. As the policy, your day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Ryley T

Christina was a fantastic addition to our wedding team. She met all of our needs and helped us stay on pace for our big day. There were times that I wanted to worry, but I knew that if Christina wasn't worrying, then there was no reason to worry. When a hurricane came through on... Read More our wedding day, it could have been the absolute worst. Instead, our pictures, ceremony, and reception were intimate and delightful. I cannot recommend her enough.

2017-07-28T12:30:20 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Azadeh R

Today I witnessed Christina go above and beyond for her brides! Her willingness to give her brides a overall experience they will never forget goes far beyond just the day of. Christina pulled strings to give her brides exclusive VIP access to Sarah Jessica Parker's new... Read More boutique at the MGM. The ladies were picked up on a stretch limo, given matching t-shirts , catered lunch, exclusive access and first selection of the store before opening, they each had their shoes signed by SJP and their pictures taken. What an amazing treat for these ladies! Christina also generously promoted local wedding venders at the event. She constantly puts herself and her needs second to ensure that her clients have the best experience possible. A true class act!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Ashley M

Being apart of a wedding party 10/2016, Christina was the wedding planner/coordinator for this beautiful wedding. Not only was she suppose to have certain duties as a planner, she didn't show me *one of the bridesmaids* anything and why someone would hire her as a planner. For... Read More the actual rehearsal she was the last to show up, pushing all other plans for the bride back and making the bridesmaids late for the next event having to occur. The day of the wedding, the bridesmaids were in a particular room getting ready for the big day, honestly we didn't see Christina until an hour prior to the wedding starting and we had all been there about 4 hours prior. There was no liaison, so the bride was misinformed on info and had to keep running to the reception area to coordinate to make sure all things were intake. Mind you, the brides parents basically did most of the planners job and the planner was no where near when the bride needed her. There was suppose to be a team member of her group to be with us throughout the day, in which she didn't show up until all of us *bridesmaids* walked to the chapel to enter into the wedding. She definitely didn't have any idea what was going on and where we needed to be. Mind you all of this should of been taken cared of and covered during the rehearsal, no, it was not. After the wedding was over, it was picture time, where was Christina? No where to be found, where was any of her team members? No where to be found. Before the reception, we had to wait, so we all went to go sit in the lobby since it was freezing outside, mind you we haven't really eaten earlier that day besides what the hairstylist went to go pick up *in which Christina was suppose to plan for us to have food, didn't happen.* we are siting in the lobby, eating horderves that was barely left and drinks that were suppose to been provided, no, nothing. So, time for the reception, and time to line up to get introduced, where do we go, what do we do when we are on the floor waiting for the new married couple to be introduced, where are our tables? Were questions asked to Christina....she clearly had no idea what was going on. Oh & maybe if having another wedding planned the same day, try having more people on staff so the other bride doesn't have to go through what this bride had to. It was her wedding day and it should of been the best day ever, in which it was but certain things she shouldn't of had to handle, that's why a planner is hired and paid to do the job and to take the stress off of the bride. The planner literally was running around looking like a chicken with her head cut off. Very unprofessional is all I can say, so brides looking for a wedding planner/coordinator, be really careful and read all reviews and ask questions!

2017-07-28T12:36:13 Response from the vendor

Hi, thank you so much for your comments. If you would like to discuss these details further, we encourage you to set up a meeting with the bride and us to discuss the particulars of the wedding's contracted terms of service. Thank you again for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Ashton M

This is the review I posted on her facebook page which she took down less than 10 minutes after I posted it. Here it is again! As a member of a bridal party of a wedding back in October, I felt it is only fair to warn other brides. The wedding and the bride was absolutely... Read More beautiful! However, the whole wedding day was a mess. There was so many missteps leading up to the day and the actual day of. 1. Lack of presence and being on time. Christina was late to the rehearsal and the last person to arrive the morning of the wedding. Without even letting the bride know that she would be late, or where she was. 2. Not having the correct amount of staff that was promised. Christina was basically MIA the entire wedding day. She did not stay on schedule which resulted in planned pictures not being taken when they should. (The bride almost missed her father daughter first look photo!!) 3. She did not have place cards for some of the bridal party. 4. The bride and her mom bought all of the water glasses for all of the guests (200 guests) and Christina and her "staff" (2 people) never unpacked them or placed them on the tables. Instead, they were pushed aside behind the bar and never used. 200 GLASSES THAT THE BRIDE BOUGHT!!! 5. She forgot to bring the sparklers that were purchased for the send off. Which resulted in the old silk mill giving wedding guests left over sparklers from a previous wedding. (AND AGAIN...THE BRIDE PAID FOR THE SPARKLERS THAT WERE NEVER USED!) 6. She never provided breakfast/lunch for the bridal party while we were getting ready. Food arrangements were previously discussed with the bride. Since no one could find her, one of the hair stylists was kind enough to go pick up our food. (The hair stylist was not affiliated with Christina) 7. SINCE SHE DID NOT HAVE THE AMOUNT OF STAFF PROMISED, THE BRIDES PARENTS ENDED UP DOING MOST OF THE BREAKDOWN AND CLEANUP AFTER IT WAS OVER!!! ....and the list seriously goes on and on. I am appalled at how she can call herself a wedding planner. A bride or her family does not deserve to be subject to the amount of stress that they were put through that day. BRIDES BEWARE!

2017-07-28T12:14:00 Response from the vendor

Hi, thank you so much for your comments. We were contracted to provide decor and design services for your bride's wedding. These services do not include coordination services or fulfilling terms of other vendors' contracts. Christina did offer to provide some help with some of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Jaclyn E

After being pawned off to a brand new coordinator, I should have reassessed my choice of day of's. Our budget wasn't big enough for Christina. Second, both Samantha and Christina bad mouthed other weddings, (later I found out mine as well) and the vendors they don't usually... Read More work with. My DOC caused me to lose the security deposit because she didn't do her job and take the trash out. She also was a waste of space the whole night as she was flirting with the bartender and not releasing tables to eat, which we had to do ourselves. Rude, unprofessional, will not ever recommend.

2016-12-19T14:30:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for posting your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to reply and please contact us so we can talk through your you day. After meeting and you choosing us for service we made eight attempts to contact you for contract completion. It... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Natalie M

Christina of Bella Giornata is hands-down amazing! We worked directly with her for our October 1st wedding and cannot recommend her highly enough. We had originally planned for a backyard wedding in June, but my father-in-law passed away before we could wed. Instead of further... Read More delaying the wedding, we decided to honor his legacy by marrying in October, his birthday month, and moved the venue to a DC rooftop. Planning a DC wedding in 2 months is a near impossible challenge, but it came together absolutely perfectly thanks to Christina's creativity, beautiful vision, and flawless execution. She brought our look to life beyond our imagination — from a custom copper and glass arch for our roof top ceremony to the perfect garlands and small touches that preserved a garden feel. She has an incredible gift for incorporating a couple’s style and personality into each design, creating not just a beautiful atmosphere, but one that is truly unique and magical. The bonus is that Christina is so easy to work with, possessing a positive attitude, staying calm under pressure, and consistently communicating a can-do spirit no matter what the wedding challenge. Engaging Christina as your event designer is the best first-step you can take as you embark on planning your special occasion.

2017-07-28T12:30:41 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Matthew T

Working with Christina is an absolute pleasure! Her style, professionalism and attention to detail are second to none. She does a fantastic job of hearing an idea and creating a vision. I could not recommend her any more highly!

2017-07-28T12:30:52 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Nicole B

What can I say? Christina with Bella Giornata Events is amazing! I've worked closely with her on several occasions and she never disappoints! In fact, she always exceeds my expectations! She not only has amazing vision, but is extremely personable and easy to work with. She... Read More has this incredible ability to take an idea and turn it into something spectacular! If you are looking for a planner, look no further! You couldn't possibly leave your special day in better hands!

2017-07-28T12:30:56 Response from the vendor

Christina Moore

Hi! I'm Christina, the owner of Bella Giornata Events & Design. Bella Giornata means "beautiful day" in Italian and we are honored to bring so many to life! With a strong background in Art history and Design I pride myself on out of the box presentations and bringing your personality into the design. Your wedding should reflect the two of you joining as one. Over 15 years in hospitality and country club management has provided the foundation to oversee logistics and ensuring all facets of an unforgettable event are not only covered but fabulous! I cannot wait to meet you!