Bella Giornata Events & Design LLC

Fredericksburg, Richmond, NOVA, Charlottesville

Full service wedding planning & design

At Bella Giornata Events & Design, we offer three levels of service for our couples: Full Planning and Design; Planning and Management; Wedding Management and Logistics - better known as Day-of-Coordination. We take special care of our couples by offering unique experiences that make their journey into marriage a fulfilling and memorable season in their lives. Our approach to weddings and social events uses a clients' love story as the foundation of the design. We then pull from the things most important to them to develop their vision for the event. A stress-free seamless celebration is what you and your partner deserve without feeling overwhelmed and burdened by the process. Please contact us to hear more about our services and availability. We look forward to meeting you!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Fredericksburg, Richmond, NOVA, Charlottesville (540) 841-5964

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Cindy P

Christina, from Bella Giornata Events, did an excellent job in helping plan our daughter’s special day! She was professional, dependable, easy to contact and extremely helpful by giving us many, creative ideas. Christina had great suggestions for local vendors and we used many... Read More of her recommendations. She certainly made the planning process a stress-free time by being easily accessible. Christina came to the rehearsal to ensure all went well. On the wedding day, she was up early decorating the venue while contacting the vendors to make sure all were ready and prepared for the reception. Her perfected timeline ensured that everything ran smoothly. Christina is extremely hard working! On the wedding day, she put in an 11-hour day all with a smile! We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on the beautifully decorated the venue, the delicious the food and the lovely details. We have already recommended Bella Giornata to friends! You will not be disappointed with her services and her kind, creative and relaxed personality.

2017-07-28T12:34:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure working with you and your daughter. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

THE BEST WEDDING COORDINATORS! I can't say enough good things about them! Bella Giornata Events did day-of wedding coordination for me, stepping in when I reached out for help at the last minute. I originally spoke with Christina who was professional, kind and extremely... Read More knowledgeable. She had recommendations that I used and loved, such as meeting with my dad before the ceremony. That was such a wonderful idea (which I wouldn't have thought of), and I will treasure those moments for the rest of my life. Thank you, Christina! On the day of the wedding we worked with Meghan. Meghan is the HARDEST working person I have ever known in my life and thought of every single little detail. My parents were anxious for everything to go well and very hands on in the beginning of the day, but Meghan quickly won their full confidence. By early afternoon they were relaxed, having a wonderful time and constantly amazed by Meghan's attention to detail, ability to move people efficiently from one place to another, energetic presence and expertise. She thought of everything! We all felt pampered and really enjoyed the day. My dad gave Meghan a shout out during his speech, explaining that he was a logistics officer in the Marine Corps for 21 years and saying that Meghan would give any drill sergeant a run for their money. She did all of this with absolute grace, kindness and made us all feel great about our choices. My wedding day was the happiest day of my life and I can't thank Meghan enough for being the one to pull it all together so seamlessly. tldr; BOOK THEM! It is so worth it! You will be very, very glad that you did.

2017-07-28T12:33:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure working with you and thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Laurie C

We can't thank Christina enough for the amazing job she did as my daughter's wedding planner! Christina provided us with such creative ideas to help our vision of an elegant, vintage wedding come to life. From our very first meeting until end of the reception night, Christina... Read More always had a warm smile on her face and a positive response to all that we asked of her. About two weeks prior to the wedding day, we received information that there was a possibility of our venue not being open on the day of the wedding. Through her connections, Christina immediately found two other venues for us to view as back up locations. In the end, we were able to keep our original venue. Christina did a wonderful job ordering everything we needed to make my daughter's dreams come true!

2017-07-28T12:33:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with you and and your daughter. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Destiny P

Bella Giornata Events made it so I was able to relax and enjoy our special day. They thought of details I hadn’t even thought of! Our wedding and intimate reception was completely perfect.

2017-11-05T06:59:03 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! So much fun! We'll see you soon!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jenn B

Christina and her team were absolutely amazing on my wedding day. They took care of everything and made my special day look amazing! It was so nice that I could just focus on getting ready and knew everything else was getting done. When I walked down the aisle and into my... Read More reception it was a nice surprise to see everything for the first time and it looked beautiful!! Thank you so much for making my dreams come to life!!

2017-11-05T07:00:46 Response from the vendor

I loved that you were so relaxed and really enjoyed the morning with your closest friends, they are amazing! xoxo-Christina

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Irene N

I have read the other reviews & cannot help but think there were confused expectations or they have reviewed a different company than the one who helped us with our wedding. I wasn't sold on needing a planner. I thought it was a frivolous expense. I asked a laundry list of... Read More questions and we had a very clear understanding of one another I guess. Our expectations weren't only met they were exceeded. Christina & Meghan were the planners we worked with. They were polite, timely and assisted us with way more than we agreed to. They solved some major last minute problems with hotel & tux's allowing my bride to enjoy her morning. We were not at the location lunch was scheduled to go to but they went out of their way to get it & bring it to us. They gave us great ideas along the way. I think the best part was Christina reminding us there were no wrong or right choices, that it was about us. We keep hearing from friends it was the best wedding they've ever been to. She was spot on referring Phil to DJ and Taste of Elegance to cater. Our limo driver even commented he had never seen a ceremony to reception run so smooth. We cannot thank them enough. I will enjoy my custom signature drink for many years to come and my bride will never stop talking about meeting Sarah Parker.

2017-11-05T07:02:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was our distinct pleasure to be there for you & we are elated you loved your big day! I have a feeling your Mrs. will be heading back for more SJP shoes! hahaha, she's welcome to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Julie C

As the Maid of Honor to my sister who got married on Saturday, I can personally attest to how wonderful Bella Giornata Events & Design LLC is. Antonia (Tonia) especially was a pleasure to work with. Her vibrant smile and personable attitude made the overall experience a pleasant... Read More one. Having her and the team help coordinate some of the logistics and also problem solving some hiccups (because what wedding goes as planned without at least one thing happening?!), they were able to keep the stress at a manageable level for my parents, the wedding party, and most importantly - the bride. As my sister's coworker referred her to Bella Giornata Events & Design, I too would definitely recommend this group to anyone getting married in the MD/DC/VA area! <3

2017-11-05T07:03:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Yes! Hiccups appear & we appreciate that you know we do our best to solve, eliminate or make the most of those moments! Your family was delightful & your sister was beaming! We cannot thank you enough for choosing us!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ashley Q

Tonia was a wonderful planner! She and her team effectively mediated any issues day prior and day of. She was on top of the bride, groom and wedding party as well as both families! Great can do attitude and a pleasure to be directed by :) -bridesmaid

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

We enjoyed working with Tonya! She was with us every step of the way making the day go as smoothly as possible! From the moment she entered the bridal suite, she set a tone that created great excitement for the bride and bridesmaids. She remained on top of all details to... Read More ensure the bride was satisfied and was quick to react to any surprises that popped up! We couldn't have pulled off a destination wedding without her!! She was sweet and caring and truly worked to make everyone happy. I would highly recommend her! She added special touches to all that she did and also kept in touch with the mother of the bride so we always knew where to be and how much time we had! Thank you Bella Giornata Events for making our day so special!!!

2017-11-05T07:06:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Tonia's energy and love of people truly shines through & we are so thrilled you love her as much as we do! The wedding was simply gorgeous and we cannot thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

I was worried about the 2 weeks leading up to the event date. I thought they would be hectic and chaotic. I should not have worried at all. With Christina & Bella Giornata Events in charge, there were no worries whatsoever. She had a clear and detailed timeline. It was accurate... Read More and answered all of our questions. She made herself available to all of us and responded quickly when needed. Her attention to detail at the wedding and the reception were outstanding. She connected with Courtney and completely understood what she wanted for her special day. The event was natural, organic and filled with a gentle love --exactly what I think of when I think of Courtney and Ryan. Our family and friends will talk about the wedding for years to come. Thank you~

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Courtney B

Christina with Bella Giornata made our wedding incredible! We were so pleased that we chose to work with her. She went well above any expectations we could have had. She made not only our evening incredibly special, but the entire planning experience was easy and worry free.... Read More She even invited me to go shoe shopping with Sarah Jessica Parker at MGM. She definitely knows what she's doing from the floral arrangements to the the details like beautifully placed rosemary sprigs on each plate to the amazing signature drink options. She has an excellent team and great recommendations for which vendors to go with. Thank you to Christina and Bella Giornata for making an evening to always remember for us, our family, and friends. We will forever be grateful to Christina and hope to continue our friendship with her as she really is just that awesome!

2017-11-05T07:09:19 Response from the vendor

Enter the tears!!! Thank you so much! You were incredible to work with & I loved each and every moment of your special day! Of course we'll be continuing our friendship, we have places to go, food to try & yoga to do! lol <3

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Cathy S

I just want to say that these other reviews sound more disappointed that they couldn’t afford a Pinterest worthy wedding and are blaming it on Christina and her team. Christina delivered what I want and within my budget. We did have some talks where she educated me and my... Read More husband on what we could really afford and how much our ideas from Pinterest would have really cost us. In the end, even though Christina has access to so much decor, we went with a more simple look for our wedding and we are very happy with our day. Christina served us and not my the wants of our family and friends - who had all of these things that they wanted us to have at our wedding but weren’t paying a cent to have them there. Thanks Christina for all of your help!

2017-11-05T07:12:34 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. But I hope to never impress upon couples that they need a "pinterest" wedding. Like I told you, on pinterest you are pinning and attracted to the images that are other couples finding their personality in their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Keith D

I cannot say enough about Christina and her skill set. We had the wedding jitters, as most do, until we let Bela Giornata take control of what was becoming a mess. I do not leave reviews often but in this case I had to. Christina, THANK YOU sooo. much.. I cant express... Read More how happy everyone was and you truly made it a night I will never forget!!!!! Regards, Keith Depro

2017-10-17T20:04:54 Response from the vendor

No, thank you! Thank you for choosing us & having the confidence to let me work beside you and for you! Your wedding was truly a beautiful day, your family & friends were so gracious, so fun. We still have to get lunch!!!! xoxo-Christina

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Anonymour A

One of the venues I was supposed to tour set me up with Christina to view the venue but she never showed up. Despite confirmations of the appt, I was left stranded at the venue and Christina was unreachable via phone or email. I received an apology email two days later saying... Read More that she had the wrong time. Surely if she showed up at a different time and I wasn't there she would've checked in with me. This was true negligence and extremely unprofessional.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kait R

My sister liked Christina so much upon her meeting and continuously made excuses time and time again for her inability to get back to her in a timely manner ("its a really busy time for her"). It normally took her like two weeks to return a call or multiple emails from my... Read More sister. My sister had to do basically everything - I remember thinking what in the hell are you paying this woman to do!? She would have been better off without her because she entrusted her to do things and then they weren't done. She was promised two free nights at a hotel in the contract that they planned to give to her mother in law. They reminded her so many times about it and she did nothing leaving it to the day of her mother in laws arrival on the day before her wedding day with no hotel room!! They ended up having to foot the bill for the hotel and get reimbursed later (who knows if that even happened.) For the rehearsal she sends this very nice woman my sister had never even heard of and she failed to mention would be there and she took iPhone photos of the ceremony and how it should look for the OTHER woman who would be taking her place since she was just too busy to be available for her wedding. She should have known she wouldn't be available and then set up meetings with her replacement so they knew the expectations instead she knew nothing about the wedding at all. Then comes the day of the wedding where absolutely nothing was taken care of. We had to reach out to replacement wedding planner around lunch time to ask about the lunch that was promised at the salon. She told us we would have to take care of it, which we did. We didn't see her until we showed up to the venue (she didn't help with the photographs) which would be excusable if the venue was prepared which it was not. If it were not for the amazing caterer, who knows how it would have gone. She also knew nothing about the wedding and didn't even introduce herself to any of us. She did so very little and was never nearby to ask for help. The bride luckily had a group of people trying to figure everything out while this girl ran around doing who knows what. She never asked if my sister needed anything or if her husband did. My sister kept telling me some of the appeal to this planner was all the great decorations she had and as far as I could tell it was only a glass jar on each table, beautiful but not worth the money they paid. The wedding was great but it truly had nothing to do with this planner and I absolutely hate that my sister and her husband were stressed on their day! If she is too busy to handle her workload she needs to take less weddings on because this was truly inexcusable!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Alayna Z

Awesome wedding planner. Beautiful wedding. Everything came together so beautifully. It was really an amazing evening that everyone enjoyed without having to stress about it all coming together. Thank you

2017-07-28T12:32:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with you and thank you again for allowing us to be part of your wedding planning journey.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Mary Beth G

I cannot say enough good things about Bella Giornata and Christina Moore. When we first started the planning process, we were unsure as to whether or not we could afford a wedding planner. After meeting with Christina, it became readily apparent that we could not afford to NOT... Read More have a wedding planner. Her relationship with local vendors and knowledge of the industry saved us literally thousands of dollars. As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the day knowing that Christina had everything under control and it was beyond our expectations. She took care of every little detail including ones I had no idea even needed addressing. When the DJ had to back out 2 weeks before the wedding, Christina had another one lined up before I even know about it and he was awesome. From the venue, to the decor, to the caterer and photographer, and even clean up at the end of the evening, I did not have to do a thing. As an added bonus, I feel like I have a new friend as well!

2017-06-12T19:16:59 Response from the vendor

I'm almost in tears, it was such a pleasure working beside you on such an important day to your family. I loved every minute of it! It was such a good time and I am so thankful for our friendship! :) I am so thankful... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Meredith B

I served as Matron of Honor in a wedding that was planned and coordinated by Bella Giornata Events. Christina was so easy and fabulous to work with. During the entire experience Christina was open, honest, and helpful. She was so good at embracing the bride's vision and... Read More helping her make it come to life. She made my job so easy! The planning and wedding itself went so smoothly because of all of her hard work. I would recommend Bella Giornata Events to any and all friends looking for a planner/ coordinator without any second thoughts.

2017-07-28T12:32:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I was our pleasure working with your bride.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Amanda O

Bella Gioriana Events did a fantastic job with my wedding! I live out of state, and my husband is from Poland. Christina was able to coordinate everything with me in New York and my mom locally. She seamlessly incorporated unique Polish wedding traditions. Because of her talent... Read More and dedication, we had a perfect day. Thank you Christina for making my special day an absolute fairy tale! I highly recommend Christina and her team for any bride looking for a magical experience.

2017-07-28T12:32:09 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amy K

Christina was my saving grace and turned every single one of my visions and then some for the wedding into reality. She was on top of every single hiccup that was imparted on us by the venue coordinators. I can't sing her praises enough. She is the perfect planner to work with... Read More for the type of bride I was/am: patient, easy going, trusting, flexible, and creative. She had so many awesome ideas that I would have never thought of, and I brag about her to everyone who asks about various wedding details. I thoroughly enjoyed planning some of the things for my wedding, so hiring her as my partial planner was perfect for us. I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding, and I owe it all to Bella Giornata! I would highly recommend.

2017-06-05T21:59:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I adored working with you as well! Your wedding day was stunning, it was so exciting to see it come to life! I cannot wait to watch your story unfold!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Gina N

Christina and her team was amazing. She just knew what I needed after meeting me at our first meeting, and made it all happen on my wedding day. She is one of the hardest planners in the area. I don't think I ever saw her sit down. She and her staff regularly checked in with... Read More us and our families to make sure that we were ok and having a blast. I couldn't thank her and her assistant enough for all of their hardwork. I still don't think I could ever thank her for everything that she did for me - and I was a needy bride! She got it right and whenever I hear someone has gotten engaged I insist that she is their planner!!! You seriously cannot go wrong with booking her and her team for your wedding!!

2017-07-28T12:32:00 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Alexandra L

Christina was absolutely amazing! She definitely had it together. She made the entire event flawless. We appreciate her so much, if anyone is looking for a wedding planner - she is your girl!

2017-07-28T12:31:51 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Allison M

I have to say, I wasn't sure I needed a wedding planner. However, Christina and her team did so well and answering my questions, making suggestions and helping me. I was more interested in the decorating, I am challenged in that area. Best thing I did was to say, do what you... Read More would do if it were your wedding. The decorations, the flowers and the music were all on point! I'm still getting feedback saying what a great time everyone had. I did not do full planning so I did my invites, I did make calls to get permit and alcohol but every question i had was answered. My day of coordinator was very helpful and kept my mother calm. Highly recommend, thank you.

2017-07-28T12:30:11 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Dani G

Christina was good at calming my nerves, we had great conversation and really got a long. However, There were about 3 times we set up to talk on the phone and she never followed through. When we finally decided to sit down with our venue she was so late my mother in law had to... Read More leave and go back to work. I will say the week of she was very communicative with me. I paid 1900 so that I could utilize the rentals she had talked up like her backdrop of a love lyrics, glittery table numbers, candelabras to put donuts on as parting gifts, and draping, something to keep the cards we received in (it looked so sloppy) etc. etc.... NOTHING was there. I didn't even think I had to bring it back up during our final meeting because, well, I thought she knew because of our previous meetings/talks. The only thing I guess you could say I rented was the vases for the flowers and even then she didn't deliver when it came to my flowers. Two days before the person she gets flowers through's truck broke down and ruined all the greenery I wanted in the garland I had my heart set on. I know that's not her fault but it just added to the stress because THREE DAYS before our wedding she told me she wouldn't be working the reception, she would only be coming to check up for a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to keep it cool, I was on the verge of losing it over every other little thing. I feel like I was pushed to the side by her and she thought someone else was more important. This just wasn't what I paid for and I was disappointed. I avoided confrontation after she came up to me at the wedding to "check in" because what could be done? The next day she text me too, and I just couldn't get into all the stuff I had issues with. Again, what does it matter now--- the day is over! Regardless of what wasn't there that I paid for it was an amazing day. My wedding was in September and it still makes me absolutely angry. I really talked her up to everyone before hand because of our conversations of what I thought would be delivered. I will say the woman who did take over what I thought I paid Christina for was great. We always had drinks in our hands and she constantly checked up on us and kept us in the know. It just wasn't what I paid for and meeting someone new and putting our reception in her hands the day of is NOT a good feeling. I just hope whoever does choose her to work with gets her full attention, makes sure she writes down exactly what you want, she delivers and makes you feel more important than she made me feel.

2017-04-04T21:04:46 Response from the vendor

Hi! Please lets up a meeting to discuss your displeasures with the day. We opted for the donut door which, Bella Giornata complementarily provided when there was concern over the donuts on candelabras not being easily accessible by your guests. As the policy, your day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Ryley T

Christina was a fantastic addition to our wedding team. She met all of our needs and helped us stay on pace for our big day. There were times that I wanted to worry, but I knew that if Christina wasn't worrying, then there was no reason to worry. When a hurricane came through on... Read More our wedding day, it could have been the absolute worst. Instead, our pictures, ceremony, and reception were intimate and delightful. I cannot recommend her enough.

2017-07-28T12:30:20 Response from the vendor

Christina Moore

Hi! I'm Christina, the owner of Bella Giornata Events & Design. Bella Giornata means "beautiful day" in Italian and we are honored to bring so many to life! With a strong background in Art history and Design I pride myself on out of the box presentations and bringing your personality into the design. Your wedding should reflect the two of you joining as one. Over 15 years in hospitality and country club management has provided the foundation to oversee logistics and ensuring all facets of an unforgettable event are not only covered but fabulous! I cannot wait to meet you!