Belvedere & Co. Events

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1 E CHASE ST, BALTIMORE, MD (410) 332-1000

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Veronika H

The venue was absolutely stunning. The staff were very helpful. We had a couple last minute issues with extra uncharges, which most vendors do last minute, but everything else was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Argie H

We just got married at the Belvedere this past holiday weekend and I can't say enough good things. From the planning process, to the tasting, to seeing the room the day of your wedding, it was breathtaking. I heard rave reviews from all my friends and family that ranged from the... Read More beauty of the room, the service, the food, just everything. So glad that they made everything as simple as possible for us to have the wedding of our dreams !!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Alexandra M

I had spent many a night in the Owl Bar, or peeking into the Charles ballroom from the street, but had never imagined that we would have our wedding there! Our first meeting with Sondra and then subsequent meetings with Kat were great, and I was impressed with how organized... Read More everyone was. The prices seemed steep for our budget, but for the style of reception we wanted, the package we chose was affordable (although there is room to grow and put together an incredibly lavish event if you have the wiggle room for that). The wedding packages include so much and the Belvedere staff make the entire process manageable. Kat was so helpful when I was searching for local vendors (photography, dress shopping, etc) and gave great advice. Needless to say, the rooms are stunning, the food was delicious (my friends want the crab dip recipe!), and the drinks were strong ;)! Our bridal attendant was amazing, and I am so happy she was there to help the event go smoothly. She made sure my husband and I had a moment alone together before heading to the cocktail hour, got us fed (important for me since I get hangry!), and made sure our timeline was on track! Overall, the Belvedere helped us have a perfect wedding reception, and I wish I could relive the night since it flew by.

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Sarah R

Where to I begin to say how perfect the Belvedere was for our wedding venue! From the moment we set foot in the place I knew it was the one. In every aspect the Belvedere goes above and beyond to make your fairytale wedding come true. Kat was my fairy godmother during... Read More planning. She helped with every little detail of the wedding, recommending vendors, keeping us on schedule, suggesting ideas, and most importantly keeping the whole thing organized. There was no question or concern of mine that she couldn’t address and get an answer to! Her vision and enthusiasm for weddings and the Belvedere is evident the moment you meet her! I was working full time, going to graduate school part time, and planning a wedding with as little stress imaginable all because of Kat! The day of the wedding everything was perfect and just as I’d imagined! I had Vanessa as my bridal attendant and she was amazing! She was there the whole night to keep things on schedule, make sure I was OK, and help with just about anything needed! I was really able to enjoy my wedding and not worry about a thing because of her! The food was amazing (as I knew it would be after the most delicious tasting!) and everyone was served right away while the food was still hot! The service at the Belvedere makes you feel like you are at the Ritz! The venue is so large we fit 150 guests comfortably and still had a huge dance floor and plenty of space to mingle! They kept the temperature of the room comfortable all night so that people on the dance floor were sweating to death! Having a December wedding, I was so thankful to find a venue that I could have the ceremony and reception in! It was so nice having the guest rotate through 3 different rooms so that you never saw any of the behind the scenes preparations! I am so thankful to this day that such a perfect venue was within our budget! People still gush about how gorgeous of a venue and how fun of a wedding we had! Thanks Belvedere and team!!!!! I highly recommend this venue to any Baltimore bride!

Belvedere & Co. Events is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 Britt D

The Belvedere was an amazingly beautiful perfect place to get married. There is nothing I would change! All of our events took place on the first floor, ceremony in the Palm room, cocktails in the John Edgar Howard room, and reception in the Charles room! Going into this... Read More process, I had my heart set on The Belvedere, but after meeting Kat the Event Coordinator of Belvedere & Co. Events, she sealed the deal. Kat is just too amazing to put into words. She is so friendly, knowledgeable about the venue and vendors, and was so helpful every step of the way. She really saw our vision for the wedding and went above and beyond to make our day just perfect. Kat is invaluable and I don’t think our wedding would have been as amazing without her expertise. The food is outstanding, as well as the staff. Our bridal attendant on the day of made the day go smoothly, even when my dress was stepped on, she brought us pins to pin it up! I just love everyone that works there. I wish I could have an event there every year because they have such amazing staff.

Beautiful Ballroom....horrible staff

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Omosigho O

Beautiful venue, had the wedding reception at the Charles ballroom, The room is absolutely lovely no complaints with the ballroom. BUT it was absolutely hell dealing with belvedere team/staff. After you svn the contract they do not care about your wedding, they want to do the... Read More wedding they always do and as cheap as possible. The nickel and dime everything...everything. They weren't there to help me with my vision of wedding they just wanted to have their wedding vision. I can't even begin to describe the difficulty, insincereity and inflexibility of belvedere. i wanted to have medium size sugar peonies....they tried to charge me $150 per sugar flower, i took the same picture of sugar flowers to bridal shows and priced with other cake bakers....the most i got offered was $50/flower.. O_o huge difference. Kat was absolutely difficult to work with, she sent an email for cake design which included pictures of my wedding dress to both my fiancé and i, i brought it to her attention and not once did she apologize for it. My fiancé who was not happy with that also brings it up to her and she apologizes that i was waiting for an apology and yet still does not offer a true apology. They were the most difficult vendor to work with. The food was very very average, can make better at home. Not worth the trouble.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Allison K

My husband and I are extremely happy to have had our wedding at the Belvedere. Not only is it a beautiful venue, but they also took good care of us throughout the planning process. They listened to the details we wanted to infuse, and were not at all disappointed on the day of.... Read More They are professional, experiences, and you can be confident that they will enable your day to be beautiful. It is a bit pricey, but if it is in your budget, it is worth it.

Best Night Ever!

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 Jesse A

I truly wish we could rate The Belvedere higher than 5 stars because they deserve it. First of all the space is absolutely breathtaking. We were on the 12th floor and I never thought I would have my wedding in a ballroom until we saw these! When we first met with Sondra... Read More it seemed that she got our vision for our reception, and that they would be able to make the day perfect. And they absolutely delivered on that promise. Kat is hands down worth her weight in gold - she kept us on task throughout the planning, worked with us on every little detail, and helped us find several of our other vendors! We wanted our late night soakers to be a little different from what was on the menu and Kat worked with the chef to help come up with the perfect late night options. Even though she was working another wedding that day Kat took the time to run up and check on us, a touch that we truly appreciated. The day of Heather and Megan kept everything running perfectly and on schedule and made it a completely stress free night for us and our families. The food was all amazing and many of our guests commented on how good the food was for a wedding - it was every bit as good as when we did our tasting! I could literally wax poetic on how wonderful everyone at The Belvedere was for pages, but I will sum it up by saying they made my wedding day even better than I imagined it could be, and any bride would be lucky to spend their wedding day there.

Amazing Experience with Truffles Catering

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful my wedding day was. We chose Truffles Catering because we knew that on the day of the wedding, we would not need to worry about anything. Everyone that were worked with was extremely friendly and professional. They were creative,... Read More organized and gave us the feeling that we were all that mattered that day. Leading up to our wedding, we dealt with them mainly via email (which we prefered). We always received timely responses, which as a bride, gives you a sense of relief to have answers to your questions so quickly. We received so many compliments from our guests on the building and rooms, the food, the atmosphere and the staff. They went above and beyond for us. We could not have asked for more. I have and will continue to recommend them for weddings (and really, any event).

Thank you Truffles Catering!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Brittany B

From the first time I visited the Belvedere, I knew that was where I wanted to have our wedding. The venue was gorgeous and the staff at Truffles Catering was wonderful! Sondra was a pleasure to work with, she went above and beyond to accommodate our budget, making it possible... Read More for us to have the wedding of our dreams. Kat was so helpful through the whole wedding planning process, her knowledge and expertise made me feel confident that everything would be perfect, and it was!! On the day of the wedding, Jodi and Kat made sure that everything went smoothly, which allowed me to relax and really enjoy the day! At the end of the night the Truffles staff packed everything up for us and even loaded it into my parents car for them! We have received so many compliments from our guests about the delicious food, courteous staff, and beautiful ballrooms. Truffles Catering at The Belvedere exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect wedding venue and caterer.

Treat yourself and treat your guests!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Kimberly S

The Belvedere is just a perfect location for weddings. The team at the Belvedere were so awesome coordinating everything from the moment we booked up until the wedding- the constant communication and checklists really made the entire process so much easier. The space is... Read More absolutely GORGEOUS, and the food is restaurant quality- which is rare from a catering company. The options they have for spaces, food, drinks, decor make each wedding absolutely unique. The staff on the day of is amazing- they always have at least 1 person attending to your every need so you have nothing to worry about. We definitely will be recommending Truffles and the Belvedere to any friends getting married in the future :)

AMAZING Venue!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Kelly L

I am getting married at the Belvedere in October but wanted to say how incredible they have been so far. Kat has been absolutely wonderful to work with and has made my life so easy planning a big wedding. They are a one stop shop and the Belvedere is such a beautiful venue. I am... Read More so excited to get married there in a few weeks! Thank you to the Truffles Catering team for allowing me to relax the next couple of weeks and enjoy getting married without being stressed!

Beautiful Belvedere

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kristen K

My husband and I got married back in June at the Belvedere. We had the most perfect wedding day. From the moment we entered the Belvedere we knew we had to get married there. The venue is classically beautiful. The staff is very professional. Kat was wonderful to work with, she... Read More was very responsive and gave great guidance. Our wedding attendant Vanessa was amazing, she calmed my nerves and was by my side for everything I needed. We received rave views on our wedding from the attentive staff, to the food, to the beautiful rooms. We would highly recommend the Belvedere to those looking for a wonderful wedding experience.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/17/2013

I have mixed feelings about The Belvedere. The initial meeting with the owner was very good. Very personable and professional and we were very confident the details would be managed well. The venue itself of course is beautiful and the food excellent. We were disappointed... Read More with some things by the time the wedding day came. A little unnerving to be told a week before the wedding that "someone" would be there to take charge the day of the wedding. Even Kat who was our coordinator wasn't positive who would wind up being there. At the cocktail hour we did notice that the nicer horsdoeuvres were much fewer. That can expected to a certain degree but it was very noticeable. As mother of the bride I had to ask the attendant to bring 2 of the selections to me because I was looking for them to be passed and never saw them and wanted to make sure they were offered. The seafood display was beautiful. Was a bit surprised that when I arrived at the reception I was told that the cake top fell and broke and they asked if I had a back up. Really???? I had to tell them what to improvise with. After the first hour I was never asked again by the attendant if everything was OK or if we needed anything--though they were attentive to my daughter at least. I may not have noticed some of these things except that we had just had another daughter get married with the same size wedding a few months before at the Royal Sonesta. Royal Sonesta's food was equally as excellent, they did not skimp on any of the horsdoeuvres, it was still a beautiful venue, there was a lot more automatically included and Jay Day the catering manager was exceptional and took care of all details from start to finish and our attendant made sure we were taken care of the entire night.

A dream come true.

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Elizabeth A

From the moment we saw the ballrooms in the Belvedere we knew we had to get married there. Kat was incredibly helpful picking the perfect package for us. She even helped us pick our wedding date. Sondra and the entire Truffles staff is beyond fantastic. They made our special day... Read More better than we could have imagined. Vanessa and Heather made us feel so comfortable and stress free before and during the wedding. They made sure everything was perfect for us. We had so many of our friends and family come up to us during the reception and rave about the food. There were many comments on how breathtaking the ballrooms were but even more about the delicious food. We're so thankful for everyone who helped make our wedding day a dream come true.

Vintage Baltimore

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Lauren R

My husband and I got married this past August and had our reception at the Belvedere. We could not have asked for a better wedding. Kat and her crew (Meghan was our attendant) took the best possible care of us. From beginning to end, we didn't worry about anything because we... Read More knew that she was on top of it. It is amazing how quickly your wedding day goes by but the Belvedere made it so much fun!!! I am sure most people say this about their wedding, but our wedding was the best wedding ever!!! The Belvedere is absolutely beautiful and was the best possible venue for our wedding. I would not have changed a thing!

Fairy Tale 3 years in the making

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Katharine L

When you give yourself 3 years to plan a wedding you would think that is enough time to get everything squared away but then you move across the country and find yourself planning your big day from 3,000 miles away. Enter Kat and the Truffles team. My now husband and I booked... Read More our wedding reception in October of 2010 for our June 2013 wedding and had Kat along with us for the entire ride. From the very beginning she was helpful and fun and attentive. We had many e-mails back and forth and she was always responding right away. I was so impressed with how responsive she and the team were even though our day was still so far away and they had so so many weddings to accomplish between then. Fast forward to the actual planning stages. With having to fly across country to do any sort of meeting Kat was so easy going and flexible helping me stay at ease. We invited a pretty large group and even down to two days before the wedding things were changing and people were changing and seating assignments were changing and Kat just went right with the flow, never seeming to skip a beat and she was prepared for everything that we threw at her. On the day of the wedding we had our reception upstairs on the 12th floor with over 200 guests having to use the elevators to get up and it was so seamless, no one even seemed to notice the task at hand. The food was amazing (people almost 3 months later are still talking about how they dream about our food). Everyone on staff was professional and helpful and they packed up everything for us and loaded our cars with all of our stuff at the end of the night. The Belvedere and Truffles Catering could not have been a better pick for us on our day. We loved every minute of it and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a reception venue.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Rachael C

Truffles made our wedding. Everything was exactly how I wanted it and the venue itself is gorgeous. They listened to me about everything. Kat was so helpful and kept me way ahead of schedule. Also each detail was impeccable. Each detail was completely taken care of and i didn't... Read More have a thing to worry about on the day of. The communication between the staff is awesome.

Cannot say enough good things!

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Allison P

From the beginning to the end, I cannot say enough good things about everyone at the Belvedere! Everyone made sure that all of my needs were taken care of, the food was phenomenal, and the day went by without ONE hitch! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 J O

Truffles Catering not only has great customer service, but the food is Excellent! Usually food at a wedding is good, but truffles was delicious! The appetizers, main course and Mini desserts were all 5 star quality. Kat our wedding coordinator with Truffles was such a help, very... Read More responsive to all my emails and calls. Even when I felt like I was getting on my own nerves, she was easing my mind and giving me great advice and patience. Our wedding was Beautiful, Elegant and Classy. We were married in the Palm Room and had our reception in the J. Eager Howard Ballroom. Everyone had a great time and could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was.

For a fabulous Baltimore wedding..

Reviewed on 4/14/2013 Lynn D

We got married this January with the ceremony and reception at the Belvedere. It really was the perfect location. The ceremony was in the Palm Room which is intimate and beautiful. Cocktail hour was in a room with a functional fireplace, unique ceiling, and an old and beautiful... Read More mural of Baltimore. And then the reception was in the grand Charles ballroom. It was so nice moving easily between the rooms. Guests really liked having everything at one place. You really can't beat the historic feel of the Belvedere. Also there are 2 bars on site for the "after party." The team at Truffles was also very easy to work with. Kat always responded quickly to emails. Also I am a bit scattered and always late, and they tell you exactly what you need and when which is SO helpful! There is something just so authentic about the Belvedere which you can't find at hotels or other venues in Baltimore. Loved it!

A Beautiful Venue and Wonderful Staff!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Melissa D

My husband and I chose Truffles for our ceremony and reception site, and had a large amount of out of town guests attend our ceremony, which required a lot of coordination. The staff at Truffles, particularly Kat, were wonderful in helping at each step of the planning process.... Read More We used vendors mostly from the list of vendors they typically work with; Kat was great about making recommendations for florists, photographers, etc and we were so happy with all of them. She was in communication with my vendors early on, which made things run so smoothly on the day of the wedding. Our guests complimented us on how perfectly everything ran, and how much fun they had! The site is beautiful (amazing pictures!), and it's very convenient to have a number of local options for rehearsal dinners and after hour parties in the immediate area. Truffles' food is exceptional, four star quality. We had a number of vegetarian/pescatarian guests, and the staff were very accommodating in making sure everyone's dietary needs were met. The staff took care of setting the room up for us, and then breaking everything down after the reception. We only had to show up and have a great time! We were so happy with our experience at Truffles, and with their staff. I'd recommend them to anyone, they were just fantastic!

Our Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Jessica S

I could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding. We had gone to many places looking for our perfect place but as soon as we stepped foot on the 12th floor in the Belvedere I knew that was were I wanted our wedding to be. We had both our ceremony and reception at... Read More the Belvedere which made everything easy. Kat was amazing with helping us with all the details. I had a beautiful parlor to relax in before the wedding. Our day of manager was great and made sure we had everything we needed. After the ceremony, my husband and I went back to the parlor to relax before the reception. Our manager made sure we had appetizers and drinks. Everything went smooth the day of the wedding. The food was amazing. We still get tons of compliments from the guests not only on the food but the service as well. People always told me before the wedding that we wouldn't have a chance to enjoy the wedding or eat much because we will always being doing something but I would disagree with that. Everything was taken care of and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

Whit&Ryan

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Whitney W

The Belvedere is a stunning wedding venue. The ornate decor of each and every room is absolutely beautiful, and truly sets the stage for a fairy tale wedding. The Truffles staff is nothing short of amazing throughout the entire planning process. They provide tons of support, are... Read More super friendly, and keep you without worry on your big day. The food is amazing and consistent - our guests raved about the food/drinks/service. We highly recommend The Belvedere!

Wow!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Lauren O

Sandra, Kat and team are absolutely amazing! I was made to feel so important from the very first day I met them when we came to tour the venue. They were extremly attentive throughout the wedding planning process and took care of every detail with ease. The Belvedere is a... Read More beautiful, historic location that makes for great wedding day pictures. We used them for both our ceremony and reception mainly because it would not require much additional decoration due to the beautiful natural decor. We did not even need to hire a wedding planner because they were so very helpful from providing recommendations on vendors, running and organizing the rehearsal and ensuring every detail and need was met on our wedding day. To top the night off the food was AMAZING!!! We are still getting rave reviews from guests on how much they enjoyed the meal. One guest even called them to get their couscous recipe. The team definitely lived up to my every expectation and made our day memorable.