Benjamin's Fine Alterations & Tailoring

Pompano Beach, FL

"Timeless sophistication with a modern twist".

Benjamin's Fine Alterations & Tailoring emphasizes long forgotten high standards in sewing accompanied with traditional personal service. We have a wonderful team of experienced seamstress / tailors that specialize in bridal gowns, evening gowns, & men's formal attire. We are now offering TUXEDO rental! Schedule your appointment today!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

2609 East Atlantic Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL (954) 943-5878

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Tara B

Benjamin's Fine Alterations & Tailoring soared above and beyond my highest expectations. I chose to wear my mother's wedding gown, but wanted to give it an update and, of course, get the perfect fit. I told Victoria my ideas and she worked with me to be sure I had the best... Read More design possible. When it was time to pick up the finished product, the dress was everything I had hoped it would be! Their quality and attention to detail made my dreams into reality. I cannot wait to wear my dress down the aisle!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Andrea V

I brought my wedding dress here 3 weeks before my wedding. I could not bring it any sooner because I was still loosing weight. I asked how soon they could have it back and was told they needed a minimum of two weeks. When I went back to my appointment, two weeks later, the... Read More two ladies there very unapologetic-ally, said "sorry we forgot to work on it" A week before my wedding and my dress had not been touched! I took my dress from them and cried all the way back home. I am taking the time to write this review because I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I went through. Weddings are stressful as it is, specially the last few weeks and no one needs this kind of aggravation. I drove 45 minutes in rush hour to get to this shop and agreed to pay their extremely high prices because I thought they were reliable professionals. They wanted to charge me $410 to alter the dress that didn't need that many alterations and $90 to steam it. Luckily, I found a great place near my house that had more reasonable prices and did an amazing job.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Arielle O

My late grandmother had left me her dress from 1957 that had never been cleaned! I contacted Benjamin's to get it cleaned and altered (she was also shorter than me!). I live in NYC and the wedding was in Florida, so it was best to just do everything down there. Victoria was... Read More AMAZING. Not only did she get it cleaned, the spots that could not be cleaned we replaced with other fabric and it looked like the original dress! I would bring ANYTHING to them to be cleaned and/or altered. It came out better than I could have ever imagined. They were also super reasonable with the pricing for all the work they did on it!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Ashleigh E

I needed a lot of work on my wedding dress and it only took her 2 weeks; hem, taken in, cups and bustle. The first fitting went well I felt very confident when I left the store. By the second fitting she had only taken in my dress and put cups in the bra. When I put it on she... Read More took it in too much that I could barely sit down. Needless to say I was a little worried. The last fitting went really well the hem, bustle were done and she had taken out the seam so I had room to breathe! The dress looked beautiful and I was truly happy with the results. The job cost $570, which Yelp had a 15% coupon witch they honored bringing the price down a little. This place is VERY pricey but she did what I asked and it looked beautiful. The only complaint is have during the wedding was my bustle didn't last and I had to use a safety pin the whole night. I gave it 3 stars bc of the price and the fact she had to take the dress back out and bustle didn't work. But she does beautiful work!

2016-05-05T10:56:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! I am so sorry to hear that the bustle failed! Please come in for a 20% off your next alteration for the inconvenience, please ask for Victoria. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special day, Congratulations! I... Read Less Read More