Biagio's and The Terrace

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Terrace. Couples looking for a beautiful rooftop ceremony love The Terrace. This space accommodates up to 1,300 guests in an uncovered, outdoor location. The picturesque surroundings of Bergen County provide a romantic atmosphere for exchanging vows. The Terrace comes complete with a bridal suite, a separate cocktail room, private bathrooms and The Ballroom.

Terrace Ballroom. From the moment couples and their guests walk through the 28-foot entryway, they'll be amazed at the grand, but modern, ambience. The ballroom makes a stunning backdrop for capturing all the memorable moments of the day with its colorfully-lit waterfalls, Italian marble decor and delicate chandeliers. It accommodates up to 700 guests without a dance floor or 500 guests with dancing.

Biagio's Ristorante Ballroom. For a smaller, but still elegant reception area, this ballroom has a gorgeous mahogany bar and wood trim with lovely modern lighting. The highlight of this space is the granite dance floor. This smaller ballroom hosts 75 to 150 guests.

Banquet Room. Intimate receptions for 50 to 100 guests can be held in this space that has plenty of room for a DJ staging area to go along with the dance floor. The Banquet Room has abundant natural light and framed artwork decorating the walls, but it still leaves a lot of leeway for couples to be creative in establishing their own style.

Fireplace Room. This unique event space is for couples who just need a cozy, elegant spot for exchanging vows or celebrating with 40 to 65 of their closest friends and family. The stone fireplace and natural light provide a welcoming place for mingling and taking photos.

Biagio's and The Terrace allow outside vendors for an event, including catering. Couples looking for classic Italian cuisine served by an outstanding staff often find that the wedding packages offered by Biagio's Ristorante far exceed their expectations.

Guests rave about such choices as prime rib au jus, pecan-encrusted chicken in Dijon mustard sauce and Chilean sea bass. The restaurant also offers a vegetarian or other specialty menu upon request.

Biagio's and The Terrace are owned and operated by a family with more than 25 years of experience in the food service industry. The friendly event professionals go out of their way to guide couples through their wedding planning to make the day-of as stress-free as possible. Other highlights of this venue include:

• State-of-the-art lighting in The Terrace Ballroom
  • Chocolate fountain available
  • Site fee includes linens, china, tables, chairs, flatware and glassware

Intimate Events at Affordable Prices

Introducing The Terrace, Bergen County's premier wedding & special event venue, and the newest addition to the Biagio's Ristorante family located in the heart of Paramus, New Jersey. With over 25 years in the food service industry, this family-owned and operated banquet hall brings its intimate ambience and attention to detail to a grand scale. The color-lit waterfalls and unique rooftop terrace perfect for photos & ceremonies, stunning 25-foot-heigh entryway, magnificent Italian marble, luxurious bathrooms and bridal suite, separate cocktail room and grand ballroom accommodating up to 500 guests with state-of-the-art lighting are just a few of the details that set The Terrace apart.

Ballroom, Restaurant, Rooftop

Food + Catering, Planning

299 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ (201) 652-0201

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Danielle M

From the moment I walked in... I knew this was the place for our wedding reception. The Terrace is beautiful from the entrance to the rooftop. Tommy and everyone there are amazing!! From our first meeting I knew we were in good hands. All of my phone calls and emails, even about... Read More tiny details were answered quickly and thoroughly. The food was amazing cocktail hour, until the dessert extravaganza!! Our guests could not stop raving about the service, their glasses never empty and their napkins always folded! Jenny took great care of us and the bridal party and Amanda had everything running smoothly from start to finish!!! Everything was perfect! We highly reccomend Biagio's and The Terrace

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Marra A

I cannot express how amazing our experience was at The Terrace. Their professionalism and accommodation were unsurpassed. From the minute we walked in to tour the facility we knew this was the location for our special day. Tommy was the most pleasant person I have ever worked... Read More with and he made every part of the planning process easy and understandable. The venue is gorgeous - pictures do no justice. The outdoor ceremony space is flawless, and every detail was taken care of the entire day. As the bride there was never a time I wanted for anything - the maitre d was incredible and the team was professional and friendly and I truly enjoyed every moment of the day. We could not have asked for anything more perfect than our dream wedding and that is exactly what we got. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making every one of our dreams come true. I wish we could get married again - maybe we will see you in 10 years for our kid's weddings!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Maria L

I couldn't have asked for a better setting for my fairytale wedding. From the attention to detail to the exceptional service, people are still talking about what an amazing wedding we had. Amanda was so attentive and helpful throughout the night and Taylor was exceptional from... Read More the moment of our arrival until our departure. The food was exquisite. The bartenders definitely helped the party get started so a special thank you to both Nicole and Gabriel! The Terrace was an outstanding venue and photo backdrops will make it a definite memorable day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Abby S

If you are considering using the Terrace for a wedding or any event look no further! The newly renovated Venue is drop dead gorgeous and so tasteful & elegant, also in the ballroom they have all the lighting effects installed right into the ceiling and offer a lighting package... Read More that we used that turns the dance floor into a club - ask for Charlie! From the first time we went to see the Terrace and met with Paula we knew we were in good hands and it would be the perfect place for our wedding. She helped us plan everything out and was always available to answer any questions we had along the way to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. The whole staff went above and beyond the service was impeccable all of our guests have been raving that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! We could not have been happier with our Maitre D Amanda who made sure every detail of our decor was perfect and that everything ran smoothly all night, she was extremely attentive to us, our families, and guests at all times. Food was delicious and there was more than plenty to go around with a 7 station cocktail hour plus passed hors d'ouevres and vodka luge, than into the ballroom for dinner that includes salad, intermezzo, & choice of entree all of which were amazing, and we did the Viennese hour which was complete with a flambe show intro combined with them opening the wall to reveal several unbelievable stations of our choosing - our guests were blown away! I don't know what I would have done without my Bridal Attendant Taylor, she was right by my side all night making sure I had everything I needed from a glass of wine to slippers to put on my feet! Taylor even helped me with putting on my dress & veil, and drove us back to the hotel when the shuttle left without us! We had the best day of our lives and can't thank everyone at the Terrace enough!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Christina T

We fell in LOVE with this venue the minute we walked in. Not only is it gorgeous and clean, but it is fairly new as well. The team we worked with were unbelievable and made us feel comfortable from the start. Tommy was outstanding and did everything he could to make us feel at... Read More ease while planning such a large event. The food was AMAZING! People are still taking about how wonderful The Terrace was. You will not regret booking your wedding here!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Mailyn G

I'm still at a loss for words when trying to explain how magical and perfect my wedding day was! Tommy, Paula, Jenn, and Amanda were phenomenal! From the minute we walked into The Terrace, we knew that we had to book the venue! The venue is absolutely stunning! The lighting... Read More at the venue is amazing. The whole night we were constantly waited on. The food was delicious and plentiful. Our guests cannot stop raving about our wedding. Every little detail was executed beautifully. My husband and I cannot say enough positive and amazing things about The Terrace. We are very grateful to the entire Biagio's staff for making our wedding day so perfect and memorable.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jennie V

I had my wedding here last night and I left speechless! Amanda, Paula, Tommy, Taylor and their entire staff were AMAZING. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The food was delicious and the service was over the top! Water glasses were always full and everyone was served... Read More their meal at the same time! Amanda and Taylor made sure that my husband and I were always happy and taken care of along with our parents and bridal party. Even when my bustle broke,Taylor came to the rescue! I cannot thank you enough for a wonderful night! If these reviews are your deciding factor about this hall, I strongly suggest you book them! My guests haven't stopped talking about the food! Friends are already interested in having future events at The Terrace!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Erica A

Words can't express how grateful we are to Paula and the entire Biagio's staff who made our wedding day unforgettable. The entire planning process from beginning to end was so smooth. They were very professional and easily accommodated all of our special request. Their... Read More attention to detail is impeccable and took great concern with following through each one. Paula was patient and accommodating through all the hiccups along the way and we are eternally grateful to her. Paula is thoughtful of her clients and she went the extra mile to check up on us not because we were using their facilities but it was her genuine acts of kindness and thoughtfulness that made us confident we made the right choice of picking Biagio's to partake in our wedding festivities.Her hard work ethnic is one that surpasses the other venues we have hosted our previous events. Charlie was just so down to earth, polite and made our reception look spectacular. Everyone was complementary of the ambiance the room and how beautiful the night unfolded. We had a great time! The food was outstanding. All of our guest truly enjoyed our selections that were tailored made to our liking with the chef. If we could get married all over again without a doubt we would share that day again with the entire Biagio's family. Thank you and may God continue to bless you all. Love Erica and Sam

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Tracy M

We had our wedding on July 23, 2016. Tommy was so easy to work with, and made sure that all of our needs, wants, and requests were met. The whole staff at The Terrace the day of the wedding was on point and made sure that everything ran extremely smoothly. We had almost 200... Read More people at our wedding, and we have not heard any negatives, "could have been betters" from anyone (and I have a very vocal family). We had the up-lighting and tv package, plus did our ceremony on the rooftop. The cocktail hour was incredible and extremely extensive. The sit down dinner was amazing, and everyone at our wedding is still talking about the Viennese hour with the 5 stations, and how "out of nowhere" the wall disappeared and all of these desert stations were visible. I am so glad that we chose The Terrace as our venue. Our night was magical and everything I wanted it to be.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Kristen M

My husband and I can't say enough amazing things about our wedding at The Terrace. The food, the service, and the atmosphere was superb from beginning to end. Tommy went above and beyond to make our dream wedding come to reality. Our guests can't stop saying it was the best... Read More wedding they ever went to. Everyone loved the food as well and the venue itself was breathtaking. I'll never forget walking into the ballroom with my husband before everyone else and just wanting to cry at how perfect everything looked in that room. We will never forget our wedding at The Terrace! Thank you to everyone that made it so wonderful.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Marc M

Cannot stop receiving rave reviews on service and food! Amazing. Thank you so much for being so amazing! No venue and setting could be better!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Michelle B

I just had my wedding at The Terrace 4/30/16 and we were so pleased on every detail. The staff was so attentive, food was amazing, great lighting and beautiful ambiance! The managers were great to work with and really made everything run smoothly. Highly recommend The Terrace!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

I worked with Tommy and he was outstanding. He was so polite, positive and accommodating! No matter what we asked for he accomplished. Our wedding was so gorgeous and the food was amazing! We are still getting compliments on how delicious the food was. The terrace ballroom it's... Read More so beautiful and the lighting made the room so romantic. I would recommended them to everyone I know! Anything our parents needed they were given immediately and my bridal attendant was so attentive and helpful. Best experience I could of ever hoped for while planning my wedding!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Jacqueline N

We just had our wedding there on March 12th, and it was absolutely perfect from start to finish. The food is amazing, and our guests have told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Tommy, the venue manager is awesome and is there for you every step of the way! They... Read More didn't miss one detail and make us 100 percent happy and confident with everything. We even got to have our ceremony outside on their amazing rooftop!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

Let me just start by saying WOW! This venue is amazing and Tommy and Paula are amazing people! My husband and I got married on 10/25/15 and we had the cocktail room, outside terrace and ballroom all to ourselves and our guests. It was such a pleasure having the whole venue to... Read More enjoy your special day and not having to worry about running into another bride or another party!! Any questions or concerns I had, tommy would call me back with in the hour and was very attentive to personal detail which was wonderful because I had a few polish traditions that I wanted at my wedding and he was on point with everything! If you want an elegant affair with or without a budget, the terrace is the place to hold your event!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Erika O

Upon looking at The Terrace as a possible location for our wedding, it was love at first sight. in fact, it was the only wedding venue we looked at while in our planning process. we were just blown away! our guests loved how beautiful the location was and have not stopped... Read More talking about it with us since our event on August 22nd, 2015. As a whole, the venue's food, service and accommodations were beyond our expectations and better than what we could've imagined. We decided to have our ceremony on the terrace, which is highly recommended as it is beautiful. Weather on our day thankfully was perfect, but the staff was very prepared with a backup plan for any inclimate weather. Something that was very reassuring for the both of us. From that point on, the party just flowed wonderfully from cocktail hour to the reception. We cannot thank Paula and her wonderful staff enough for the tremendous party they helped us in throwing!! We cannot wait to be back at The Terrace again in the near future. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 danielle t

The Terrace was a dream. We were married there on Sunday. Throughout the whole process of planning, they were attentive to every detail and accommodated every request that we had. The venue itself is stunning, out of control gorgeous views for pictures. Our ceremony was on the... Read More Terrace itself and was magical as the sun was setting. The food was exceptional , many guests raved about the cocktail hour flavors and options. The entrees were amazing as well. Tommy and his team were always on point. I could have not asked for a better venue or team to handle our 250+ guest affair. Highly recommend them for anyone looking to get married in north Jersey. The experience of planning with Tommy and Athena was priceless, there are no words to express our gratitude to The Terrace. Easily the nicest venue we looked at in the area and we are SO happy we had our wedding with them.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Jennifer P

We had our wedding at the Terrace on September 26th, 2015. It was the first place we visited and it was actually still under construction. While meeting with Tommy and envisioning the final plans with him that day we knew The Terrace was the place for us. Tommy was fantastic... Read More from start to finish. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us. Our wedding wouldn't of been the same without him and his amazing staff. Everything from the cocktail hour, to our amazing bridal servant, to the service, the food, the atmosphere, and the rooftop. Everything was just more than we ever imagined. We are so happy we chose The Terrace. Every single one of our guests raved about the food, service, and our amazing cocktail hour. I highly recommend this professional staff and venue to everyone that wants a wedding with a beautiful atmosphere and delicious food. Tommy and Paula really have a passion for making your wedding day perfect in every way and you will feel that from the first day you meet them and they will not disappoint you in any way. The best in every aspect.

08/15/15 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Emily C

Our wedding day was phenomenal, it was all we had hoped for and more! We had thoroughly researched venues and chose The Terrace for its fresh elegance and fantastic reputation of the established restaurant Biagios. My mom and I worked closely with Bobby during our planning... Read More stages and he was a tremendous help in planning our menu and meeting all of our needs before the big day. His expertise in wedding planning was invaluable and he was a pleasure to work with. The day of our wedding was a dream come true! The cocktail hour was amazing, not only was the food outstanding but the presentation was on point throughout the entire evening. Our guests were so impressed. The quality of food ranks among all top venues in the area. Our reception room was stunning, spacious, elegant and lent itself to a party space beyond compare. My guests were blown away by the Viennese extravaganza and the amazing themed stations that were memorable and thrilled guests of all ages. At the end of the night countless guests approached us saying that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!! We were thrilled to hear such positive feedback from our guests! The staff and service on the wedding day really made the evening complete. I was so at ease knowing everything was being tended to. Paula managed the evening flawlessly! She went above and beyond for us and it was so appreciated. Overall, this venue is the perfect combination of excellent quality, service, and professionalism that you would desire for a perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Liz G

I was recently had my reception at Biagios. Mostly everyone there was incredibly helpful. There were a few times that things became confusing because we dealt with so many different people there, but overall everything was amazing. All of our guests raved about how nice the hall... Read More was and how great the food was. We only received a handful of complaints about the dinner. I was disappointed that at our tasting I was unable to try the chicken (I ended up getting it that day and not liking it). I was told it did not matter if I did not try it because not many guests would order it. It's not so much that I could not try it that bothered me, but the way I was responded to that bothered me. Most of the people we worked with day of were great. Our bridal attendant was great at the cocktail hour, but then we did not see her again until the very end (I had my bridesmaids refilling drinks for us). Overall I would definitely recommend The Terrace, every place will have a few small problems but overall our day was great!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Lauren B

It is hard to begin to describe how wonderful of an experience we had with the Terrace. My family grew up in Paramus, so we have had many family functions with Biaggios (their sister restaurant) and we were familiar with their service and quality of food. We met with the Terrace... Read More when they were still under construction. It was the first venue we met with and I was hesitant to book right away. Being the neurotic person I am, we visited TWELVE other venues, only to come back to the Terrace. None of the other venues came close to offering the unique balance of professionalism, elegance and yet a friendly atmosphere. The Terrace had what many venues lack, a brand new facility, a fair price, a personal touch and the complete attention of being their only wedding that day. We worked with Paula, who was professional, friendly, energetic and very thorough. Paula and her staff, let us constantly visit the Terrace, meet with them to go over every small detail, they made us feel special and welcome. The day of the wedding was the best in our lives, and it was certainly due to the staff, the AMOUNT and QUALITY of the food, and the spotlessness of the venue. The place is brand new and we cannot count how many times our guests told us they were BLOWN away by the HUGE cocktail hour and how spotless the venue was (specifically their glamorous chandeliers). Not one person had an issue with their food or had a problem finding something they loved at cocktail hour. Another large part to our booking was the attentiveness of food allergies. I have many family members with gluten, nut and shellfish allergies, so ensuring that everyone had something to eat was a difficult task, but all staff members were well informed of food possibilities and the Terrace went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everyone was attended to. The night of the wedding, the venue ran itself seamlessly, every detail and decoration was in perfection position. Our bridal attendant Kori was with us to help every step of the way. She specifically, fed me, my groom, and the bridal party. She helped us move through cocktail hour and bustled me as fast as possible. Many people told us that we would “not be able to enjoy our own wedding” due to being feeling rushed but that was not the case for us. Everything was so perfectly attended to by the staff, that we did not have to worry about anything, and were able to have fun and feel like celebrities. By the end of the wedding, we felt so personally attached to the Terrace, Paula, Tommy and their staff, that we are sad to end this amazing chapter of our lives with them. We are filled with great memories and hope that others will have some too! We will consistently visit their neighbor restaurant Biaggios (which is a great way to sample the quality of their food! ☺ ) . If you’re looking to blow your guests away, I could not recommend them more highly.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

I want to take this time & send out a big big thank you to Bob who took care of me & my mom for my wedding, from day 1 he was so so nice to work with!!, & a big big thank you to Tommy for also catering to our every need!!! & making everything so spectacular, the food, décor,... Read More hospitality of everyone involved was so so outstanding & also to Jimmey couldn't ask for a better owner, so caring, anyone planning on having a wedding GO TO BIAGIO'S the best , thank You again Debbie & Anthony Sasso

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Kimberly M

When I first went for a tour, I would have given Biagio's 6 stars, even thought they were still under construction. Let me begin, as all brides know, looking for a venue involves finding the venue you like, and a BUDGET. When we went for our tour with Bob, my experience... Read More swept me off of my feet. After meeting with him, he asked me point blank if this is where I wanted to get married and with tears in my eyes, I said YES!!! Now fast forward to present, I went back again to get another look at the venue before making plans to bring in the deposit, I was told POINT BLANK that there were other options now, and the prices have now gone up so the original pricing is now longer valid. When we originally spoke, he promised that he will work with us and never stated an expiration of the quote given. based off of our last meeting, the price he quoted was the budget we were working on. He was very indifferent with me, and the feeling he gave me that I was special and that my day would be magical turned into me feeling like a customer who just walked off of the street who was not worth retaining as a client. After leaving Biagio's, I didn't look at anymore venues because I knew that this was the place for me. After my recent encounter with Bob, I am insulted and devastated that I was treated so indifferently. Maybe now that all of the construction is completed, losing a client that they have already established a relationship with isn't worth much. I should never have been given the feeling like I was "just another bride" and that it is "just business" i was FLOORED and hurt that this was his disposition. We were also going to have the Rehearsal dinner there as well, but after this last encounter, we are going to take our "business" elsewhere. I understand that this is a business however NO ONE should ever be made to feel as if they don't matter as a client- especially a bride, who fell in love with The Terrace (under construction) who wants everything to be perfect on her day. I am so disappointed that I have to find another venue for my 2016 wedding. I hope that this review isn't removed because it isn't a good one.

Fairytale

Reviewed on 2/25/2015

I had an absolutely incredible experience. The day of my wedding was so stress free and everything imagined. The people who ran my wedding were seamless and efficient, and I am so grateful to ALL of them. I loved working with my planner Bob. He got to know me and my fiancé, as... Read More well as our families. It made such a difference when he took the time to learn about who we were and where we were from. Bob found a way to incorporate our personalities and history into our wedding. My friends and family felt like they were a part of our story and not just looking at it. I have never met someone like that who would take the time to REALLY get to know you. Bob made me and my husband feel like family. I couldn't wait to tell him when I was pregnant! He helped my family plan a magical baby shower. I am in the process of planning the christening of my daughter with Bob at Biagio's, and I put everything in his hands. I can't wait to see what he has planned. My family and my husband's family love all of the events at Biagio's because they cater to our ethnic preferences. I ask Bob if he can get culturally specific foods and it's no problem. Anyone would be lucky to have their events at Biagio's/ The Terrace. All of the managers are fantastic!

Very Accommodating!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Olyvia R

They will cater to all needs and the Terrace is beautiful!