Come Experience it for Yourself

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a full-service bridal and evening wear salon, offering an exceptional collection of sophisticated designer gowns. Please visit us at our other locations as well: Ardmore, PA, Coral Gables, FL, Honolulu, HI, Orlando, FL, and Paramus, NJ.

358 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ

Farzan- Best seamstress

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Allison E

If you have an opportunity to work with Farzan, count your blessings. Her attention to detail, kind heart, and desire to make her work flawless for the day of took my dress experience from good to amazing. She was the best. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with her.

My Wedding Dress was PERFECT

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Kristen H

The ladies at Bijou bridal are amazing!!! They were so helpful in helping myself and also my bridesmaids find the perfect dresses. Thank you to Haneen to helping me with my dress and adding the fabulous belt!!! And also to Diana who works wonders with tailoring the dress to... Read More perfectly fit your body. Their showroom is incredible, yet not overwhelming. Buying my wedding dress was the most amazing experience and I would recommend this salon to anybody looking for a bridal gown or special occasion dress. Don't bother with the chain stores girls-they just don't compare!!! -Kristen

Bijou 2013

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 GraceAnn F

I absolutely loved everyone at Bijou! Alana was amazing in helping me find the perfect dress (it only took us 4 to find it!)! Dolores was my seamstress and did a wonderful job! Loved the whole experience!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Colleen H

I went to the Bijou Bridal in Paramus NJ and had a wonderful experience. Hailey was my consultant and she was extremely helpful. I didn't even have to go to any other bridal salons I found my dress at my first appointment. All my fittings went great, the woman was very... Read More knowledgeable and everyone was always very helpful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the NJ area.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Stefani D

I can't say enough how much I truly enjoyed working with Bijou bridal, more importantly with Hayley specifically. She was AMAZING! From my first appointment, I could tell she would really be able to help me find the dress of my dreams. You know you are working with a true... Read More professional when you can show her a picture of a gown that you are interested in and she can pick that exact dress out of an entire floor in seconds. She was incredibly patient with me, working with me over the course of 4 consultation appointments to find exactly what I wanted. I was always greeted with a smile and she was truly excited for me when I finally found my dress. She was honest with me, helping me decide what I liked and what I did not like. I went in looking for one style and wound up with something completely different (that I love!) due to her expertise. Ask for her by name, Hayley is a gem. Thank you Bijou for a wonderful experience in finding my dress. Can't wait to come back with my bridesmaids for their dresses!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Amber S

I had a good experience overall at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore. Neena was my consultant and had a great personality and made me feel comfortable. When I met with her I thought I had no idea on what I wanted, as I never was one the dream of my wedding, but she encouraged me the... Read More feedback I was giving her was good enough. We quickly choose a # of dresses and she truly understood how to properly clip the dress to help you see how it should look.i did purchase my dress here and truly excited to get it altered and wear it. I also went into this thinking I would never have a ball gown type dress, but that is exactly what I walked away with :) The store held my dress for 5 months before I recently picked it up. The store has a nice alteration rate; however, i could not get my dress altered there as it was clearance. They did provide referrals for alterations and the manager/owner carried my dress from the store to my car in the rain without me asking. I would recommend a bride-to-be to visit their salon.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016

I went to Bijou bridal in jersey and had an outstanding expierence. The facility is spacious and has a huge variety of dresses. Everyone is helpful, calm and gives you their undivided attention. I went three times before making my choice. They answered all my questions and were... Read More so patient with me. They made me feel very special like I was one of the family. I will be getting my bridesmaids dresses there and my mom found a fantastic dress. I would highly recommend Bijou Bridal to any bride. I worked with Despina and she was delightful but you CANNOT go wrong with anyone you are assigned to! Enjoy! You won't be sorry you made this choice.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Lauren G

After reading the mixed reviews, I decided to go ahead and book an appointment as they are one of the largest bridal stores in the area. The whole experience from A to Z was terrible. We arrived 20 minutes early and after checking in for a Bridal appointment, they proceeded to... Read More ask my mom to fill out a paper. They come to take us upstairs and after asking what style of dress we were interested in realized they booked me for a Mother's appointment and not a Bridal as I specifically stated on the phone and when checking in. From there I was passed through 3 different consults each one worse than the prior. There were 4 brides all fighting and searching for dresses at the same time. I felt rushed from the moment the appointment began. Once in the dressing room the consultant handed me dresses and said put them on! No help with fitting/clips, etc.. She even yanked beads off the dresses when she didn't feel "bothered" to take the extra minute to untangle the item. Dresses were in horrible shape - beading missing, holes, dirty/dingy, smells, etc... When I was modeling the dress to my guests, the consultant would run off to grab a bite to eat and was nowhere to be found when I found the dress and wanted to try on veils! To make matters worse, the dress was missing the ticket and when I inquired whether it would be discontinued (as we are in between seasons) she assured me it would be. I asked her to call and the front desk said the same thing. I got dressed and came downstairs only to find out it was DISCONTINUED! They even pressured me to order a size smaller as my size was out of stock. To say the least this store took the magic out of purchasing and dress and I would recommend everyone to stay away. They are snooty, incompetent, and rude! Thankfully I ended up finding a wonderful shop in Nanuet that treated me as a person and not a number.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

Terrible experience start to end. Bijou should be your last resort. There are so many other bridal salons that deserve the business in the area. This place does not. Severely poor management and it's apparent from the moment you step in. Also, know that the second you turn... Read More around, they have something to say about you.... very professional :) stay away.

Loved My Dress

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Nicole P

I absolutely loved my dress from Bijou! It was a perfect fit, and the seamstresses were great with making sure I was content with all my alterations. My mother and my bridesmaid dresses were from here as well. They definitely have quality products. I would absolutely recommend... Read More Bijou however, there were two things that kept me from giving them 5 stars across the board. First, I felt that they were not as accomodating as when it got down to the wire. I had to take an extra afternoon off of work for my final try on (4 days before my wedding) because they had no appointments after 5pm. I would think that with my wedding so close, they would have tried a little harder to squeeze me in for 10 minutes. Secondly, my bridesmaid dresses were VERY hard to alter. Also, sometimes the sizes they suggested were totally off causing some girls to have to basically redesign there dress. This is NOT the fault of Bijou, but it would have been helpful it we could have know the dress was very difficult to alter, I may have made a different choice. However, that being said, I would choose Bijou again, because despite the minor setbacks they were absolutely a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

I found the perfect dress for my wedding here. Bijou worked with me to add cap sleeves and a belt to my dress to make it even better than anything I could have ever imagined. However, I did have a few issues. When you go in for your appointment they just set you free to look at... Read More dresses which I found extremely overwhelming. Luckily I have a great maid of honor who helped me sort through all my options. When I was sized for the dress they told me it would be too large in the bust, but fit in the waist. When I had my first dress fitting the exact opposite was true...the bust fit perfectly, but the waist was so large you couldn't even tell it was the same dress. When I expressed my concerns to the seamstress they were just brushed aside. I left the appointment very stressed and in tears. When we spoke to a manager she corrected the situation immediately and when we met with the head seamstress she was amazing. She addressed my concerns immediately and my dress ended up fitting perfectly. If you get your dress here go into the appointment knowing you will sort through a lot of dresses yourself and definitely have the head seamstress do your fittings. At the end of the day everything was worth it to get the dress of my dreams.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Danielle Z

I don't normally write reviews, but Bijou deserves a great one! This was the third bridal shop we visited and it was a brides dream! It was so clean, SOO MANY DRESSES and everything was sorted according to designer, and the women who worked there were incredibly helpful! One of... Read More my favorite parts about Bijou is the "runway" you walk on with your dress! It makes you feel special, the lighting is fantastic and the mirrors are adjustable so you can see every angle! We had an appointment, so I would recommend getting one, but an A+ experience, and yes I found my perfect dress!!

Wedding Review.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Bijou Bridal was recommended to me by one of my bridesmaids because I was having a hard time finding my perfect dress. Their selection impressive and of course, with them I found my dress!!! My dress eventually turned out to be beautiful. But I had a few stumbles with this... Read More vendor. Firstly, there was a language barrier with my seamstress and an interpreter was not present at each fitting. Then, I was told when I chose my dress not to worry about the length because they can alter it to my height but needless to say that was not the case so I ended up having to change my shoes twice to accommodate my dress length when it should really have been the other way around. I was also told that close to my wedding date, I could have many fittings but only got three from the arrival of my wedding dress in July 2015 to my wedding 8/30/2015. Overall, they have great selection and ambience, but their service is a matter of opinion. Ishanie Singh-Patrick 8/30/2015

Exceptional Experience!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jenn L

Working with Bijou has been absolutely amazing! From my first bridal appointment I felt special, as a bride should, and taken care of! There were so many amazing gowns to choose from and it was very helpful being able to pick my own and having my bridal consultant help choose... Read More for me as well. They made me feel incredibly beautiful as I was trying on gowns and were genuinely excited when I said yes to a dress! They bent over backwards for me for anything that I needed and went out of their way to make sure that I was a satisfied customer. All night long at my wedding everyone kept saying how perfectly my dress fit me and I owe that all to Bijou's amazing tailors. It was clear that my tailor was a perfectionist and wanted my dress to be as perfect as I wanted it to be! The end result was flawless. I could not have felt more comfortable working with everyone or more at ease throughout the process. I felt stunning and magnificent in my dress the day of my wedding and I couldn't have asked for anything more!! I highly recommend Bijou - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

I usually refrain from writing reviews, however, I felt that my recent experience with Bijou Bridal needed to be shared with current and future brides and bridesmaids. Do not use this store as your vendor! Their customer service is incredibly snooty and rude. They are also... Read More very difficult to reach by phone. Every time I would speak to a sales associate (the rare occasion I was able to talk to an actual person), she made me feel as though I was intruding on her time and bothering her. My experience with this store was being a bridesmaid. Not only did they not have the dresses ready at the time we were promised (and guaranteed!!), when I called to inquire, they blamed the delay on me. I was in a bridal party of 7 women and we all submitted our payments and measurements promptly in the incredibly small time deadline they gave us so that we could have our dresses without delay. I also believe that if you are going to ask people to fill out an incredibly detailed measurement form, we as the customers, should receive a perfect fitting dress. I am 4'10" with a very small bust. When I received my dress, it was made for a person 6 inches taller than me. My seamstress had to work around the clock, opening up the dress and shortening the dress - in her words "basically making you a new dress." I paid $250 for my alterations ($90 more than the actual cost of the dress!! This also includes a discount my seamstress gave me because she felt so badly for my situation.) In addition to the measurements being completely off, the way the dress was made and the material they used looked and felt cheap. If I could give this store a zero star rating, I would. They are terrible and I am not entirely sure how they are still in business. Poor customer service, poor product. Be warned ladies!!

Great experience

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Jennifer R

I purchased my wedding gown at Bijou and had a great experience doing so. I had been unsuccessful at several other salons, but found the staff at Bijou to be accommodating and not pushy! My dress arrived right on time and I even ordered a veil 4 weeks before the wedding that... Read More arrived on time. My seamstress (Diana I think?) was amazing! She was so sweet and patient even when I asked a million questions.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Elizabeth G

I worked with Katie at the Bijou Bridal in Ardmore, PA, and she could not have been lovelier. She helped me through every step of the process with ease and knowledge. It was such surreal moment when I found my wedding dress, and Bijou Bridal was definitely the right place for it... Read More to happen. Nicolette helped me with my alterations. She listened to my concerns about the dress and talked me through what needed to be done. I never felt concerned or worried that my dress wouldn't end up looking exactly how I imagined it. What I love most about Bijou Bridal is that they helped me see beyond the model pictures and find the perfect dress for me.

Reviewed on 5/31/2015

I had such high expectations of Bijou Bridal. Instead, I had a terrible experience. They have four brides all come in at the same time, go into a room look for 8 dresses at the same time, then move to another floor to try on the dresses, and stand on one long pedestal together... Read More at the same time. If you are looking for a relaxed, secluded, personal bridal shopping experience DO NOT go to Bijou Bridal. The consultant I had was a lovely woman and very patient, it is such a shame she has to work at this bridal salon.

Dream Wedding Dress!

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Devynne S

I'll admit it, I am a very indecisive bride! One minute I'm in love with something and the next minute I hate it! I always thought I would want a certain type of dress. I tried several of this style on and wasn't getting the feeling that it was my dress. The staff at Bijou... Read More were very accommodating and didn't rush or pressure me. They let me try on several different styles and gave me suggestions based on my price range. They had a pretty decent selection and the overall store was beautiful. Once I found a dress I loved, they were very helpful with the payment. They broke the cost down into manageable installments and even gave me a discount. It took about 6 months for my gown to come in.

Just Don't Do It

Reviewed on 2/28/2015 Nicole R

If 0 stars was an option-I would have it. I bought my dress, signed the contract and went home. Woke up the next AM realizing it was NOT the dress for me. TOO BAD- I signed the contract. Despite NO order being placed by the store, my fax and call to another store as mine was... Read More closed was met with limited options. I signed-so I couldn't just walk away. Would have been fine if I wasn't passed along to their customer service person who is actually public relations. WHY they pass Customer Service off to Public Relations makes you wonder. She has pretty much made this experience terrible. At this point I just want to walk away because there is no way I can have a positive bridal or bridesmaid experience with these people. But, I can't. What a HORRIBLE mistake I made in choosing to do anything with them. Sometimes Customers should come before contracts, especially when an order has NOT even been placed yet. Maybe you should work on the Customer Service and not just PR since you don't seem to have a grasp on either. Sure I haven't been very polite at this point-but it's hard when they have destroyed my ability to have that dress moment every bride dreams of. DRESS DREAMS TURN NIGHTMARE! Honestly the knots they have put in my stomach have caused me to be physically ill! Guess I will never get that 'I love it' bridal moment. No deposit back means putting it towards either a dress for me when I don't like anything they have or my bridesmaids. After the way corporate has treated me, I hate the idea of them getting to do ANYTHING involved in my wedding!

Aaaahmazing!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Jaci H

Thank you to the ladies at the store for helping me achieve my princess look! Hazeen and Diana are the people to see when you want the perfect dress and the perfect fit.

Dresses are great, Staff not so great

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Sara Ellen M

I am from NJ but, live out of state so I went back home for my dress in May. Bijou has a great selection of dresses, and very helpful staff when selecting and trying on dresses. My dress arrived in November when they said it would and I made an appointment for this December to... Read More try it on and make arrangements for it to be shipped out. The day of the fitting I called Bijou to let them know I would be running late for my Dress Fitting/Pick up and if we could push it back 30 minutes because I was running behind from a previous appointment I had and the traffic during the holidays would have been an issue. The staff at the front desk were not accommodating at all, they said that there would be no rooms available if I showed up late and the only other time I could go would be later in the day. I stressed the fact that it was only a dress fitting/pick up and they didn't seem to care, mind you they already received the deposit for the dress. I rushed my other appointment, arrived on time to Bijou. My mom paid the remaining balance of the dress, in which the front desk staff said "oh we didn't realize she already bought the dress and was just here to try it on". Not only was I there on time but, I had to wait 10 minutes before actually getting in a room and there was only one other person trying on dresses NO ONE ELSE. I tried on my dress, and made the arrangements for the shipment and was told I would receive an email with the tracking number. I never received an email or call regarding the shipment so I had to call to make sure it was sent and get the tracking information. The lack of communication or organization at the front desk is awful and very disappointing. It should be noted whether or not you are there to first try on a dress or if you are picking one up as well as getting emails out promptly regarding your dress shipping. Selection of dresses and attendants are great but, I don't care for the front desk staff, absent minded and if you want people to be there on time don't make them wait because it's rude.

Disappointing Service

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Nora C

Bijou is a very stuck up stuffy place. The customer service was not great at all. They constantly ran late for their appointments, their policy on not being able to take pictures is really awful and unaccommodating. The bridal consultants are not like the ones you see on TV.... Read More They don't ask you what type of dresses you're looking for and they don't help you select any of them. They tell you to select 8 at a time and that's all you have time for in your appointment. One time I went with my friend who also purchased her wedding dress there for a fitting. We went on a Monday evening and arrived 30 minutes earlier. We asked if we could just look around and even though there was no one in the store they told us we needed a bridal consultant to walk around the store even though we had both purchased our wedding dresses there. Disappointing. I loved my dress but I think they definitely overprice their dresses, alterations,and accessories.

Wonderful Experience from beginning to end

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Molly M

From the first time I went to Bijou to try on dresses, the experience was just what I was looking for. They allowed me to look through all the dresses and try on as many as I wanted. I also got all of my jewelry and veil from Bijou. When I went to pick out my jewelry, Pat let me... Read More put on the sample gown of mine (mine hadn't come in yet), so I could see exactly how it would look. Everyone was so helpful all the way until my final fitting. Kasia was a wonderful seamstress. I went back several times to have her tweak a few things and it was no problem. I would definitely recommend Bijou to a friend!

Say Yes to the Dress HERE!!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Donna P

I cant say enough good things about this place. Huge selection, prices are by far the lowest I could find, high quality, staff is not commission based so no pressure and they are kind and caring! Fitting came out perfect. Waiting for my dress to come back from being preserved.... Read More My mom and godmother also found their dresses here. They are very picky and loved their dresses and experience here. All my bridesmaids got dresses here and since we are in so many weddings this year they commented how low prices were for the designer we had. Dont bother going anyplace else!!