Come Experience it for Yourself

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a full-service bridal and evening wear salon, offering an exceptional collection of sophisticated designer gowns. Please visit us at our other locations as well: Ardmore, PA, Coral Gables, FL, Honolulu, HI, Orlando, FL, and Paramus, NJ.

358 Route 17 N, Paramus, NJ (201) 262-8889

Farzan- Best seamstress

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Allison E

If you have an opportunity to work with Farzan, count your blessings. Her attention to detail, kind heart, and desire to make her work flawless for the day of took my dress experience from good to amazing. She was the best. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with her.

My Wedding Dress was PERFECT

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Kristen H

The ladies at Bijou bridal are amazing!!! They were so helpful in helping myself and also my bridesmaids find the perfect dresses. Thank you to Haneen to helping me with my dress and adding the fabulous belt!!! And also to Diana who works wonders with tailoring the dress to... Read More perfectly fit your body. Their showroom is incredible, yet not overwhelming. Buying my wedding dress was the most amazing experience and I would recommend this salon to anybody looking for a bridal gown or special occasion dress. Don't bother with the chain stores girls-they just don't compare!!! -Kristen

Bijou 2013

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 GraceAnn F

I absolutely loved everyone at Bijou! Alana was amazing in helping me find the perfect dress (it only took us 4 to find it!)! Dolores was my seamstress and did a wonderful job! Loved the whole experience!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jackie T

My experience at Bijou was absolutely amazing. Lisa was extremely helpful and made the entire experience of both finding my dress and then setting up my fittings very easy and special. The dresses at Bijou are stunning. All different types and designs. I could not be any... Read More happier with my dress and the costumer service that I received at this Bridal store. Deanna was my favorite! She was so so sweet and was a perfectionist when it came to fitting my dress and went above and beyond to make sure that I looked beautiful for my wedding day. She was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel beautiful during each fitting I had. My dress looked SO perfect on my wedding day and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous it looked. Bijou helped me look like a princess and I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Thank you so much Bijou for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and making my wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer S

I visited Bijou bridal once as a bride and once as a MOH. My experience as a MOH (we went on a Saturday) was so-so. The salon is extremely crowded on a Saturday and we felt the bride was not getting the attention she deserved. She had to share the runway with many other brides... Read More and her consultant did not offer any suggestions when the bride asked her to recommend dresses. That being said, when I returned on a Tuesday as a bride, I felt that the service was very good and my consultant was helpful (I guess it depends who you get). I did purchase my dress from the salon and am very happy with how it turned our but there were a few missteps. When I originally ordered the dress I was mislead into thinking it would have silver threading throughout just like the sample. Unfortunately, that was not the case when it came in. Apparently, that threading was only available on the sample dress color I tried on. Not a huge deal but I was disappointed and wish the salon had been clearer when I purchased my gown. Additionally, although, the dress fit wonderfully, I felt that sometimes my seamstress was trying to rush me our of the salon or would make comments that were a bit offensive such as did you gain weight? Additionally, the dressed laid funny in one area and when I tried to speak to her about it she just told me it was fine. I am happy with the how the dress fit and felt beautiful on my wedding day but the process getting there was not as smooth as a soon to be bride would hope.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jamie M

The women at Bijou were so helpful throughout the finding and altering of my dress. My seamstress was wonderful and created exactly what I was imagining. I was complimented all night on how amazing the dress was. The owners were absolutely wonderful and helped every step of the... Read More way. My mother also bought her dress here and was very happy with the result. Family friends recommended them and I would definitely recommend them to others.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kimmy K

Absolutely amazing. If you're looking for a wedding dress stop looking, and book your appointment now at Bijou with Despina!! I went into the store with no idea what kind of dress I wanted, and Despina was absolutely fantastic!! She helped me find the best kind of dress that fit... Read More my style and body. Found my dream dress right away, but looked at other stores just to look around. No other store compares in their level of service, knowledge, and selection. So I hurried back and got the dress of my dreams!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Heather M

The staff are very pleasant and a large selection of wedding and bridesmaid dresses to choose from. The alterations came out fantastic and scheduling appointments was extremely easy.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Jackie W

It was ok.. didn't have as many dresses as I'd hoped for and my consultant tried to pressure me into picking me dress. First she told me it was new, then she said if I waited a month it might be discontinued so I'd need to decide soon. I also didn't like how she made me feel bad... Read More for not liking certain dress styles..

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Denise M

My dress was to die for. It was so amazing. The only think was I'm not sure my bustle was altered properly. My dress kept coming unbustled during my reception. Overall though I was happy with the service.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kimberly M

I just had my wedding on New Years Eve and had the most gorgeous dress from Bijou Bridal! My guests are still talking about how gorgeous it was! The staff at Bijou are professional and very organized! They truly make you feel like a celebrity and give you the utmost attention.... Read More They were especially attentive and flexible with me being an out-of-state bride! They bent over backwards to get me appointments that fit my schedule of when I was traveling to NJ. I also have to give rave reviews to my seamstress, Farzan -- she was FABULOUS! She made me feel like a princess and made my dress very customized! She was professional, warm and so sweet!! Thank you all for making my dress such a success :)

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Victoria S

I got my wedding dress from Bijou Bridal and it was a great experience! I went in feeling overwhelmed by a bad experience at another bridal store and by the number of dresses at Bijou, but I told the girl helping me (Hayley) what looked good on me and the first dress she pulled... Read More was the one I bought that day. The fittings were easy and my seamstress Farzan was AMAZING. I'm so glad I worked with her. Farzan was very positive, thoroughly listened to all my concerns and gave me her honest opinions about what would look good and what would work with my body shape and my dress, was very patient, and most importantly her work is very good. Obviously I'm biased but I thought my dress turned out perfectly and fit me as well as I could have hoped it would. A huge thanks to Farzan and I highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Samantha R

Prior to my Bijou appointment I visited two other bridal boutiques. Both of the places were very nice however I was unable to find a dress that gave me that WOW feeling. Upon arriving to bijou I was warmly greeted at the door and matched up with Hayley. She was the absolutely... Read More sweetest and selected gorgeous dresses. I had shown her a picture of a dress that I loved and she ended up finding something similar. The dress did not look good on me but Hayley decided to show me another dress that had similar features but a silhoutte that was more flattering . The Maggie Sotero dress was a perfect match for me and on my wedding day I felt fantastic. My alterations were done by Farzan and she even added more appliqu├ęs to my dress to make it even greater than my original. She spent a lot of time on the detail and ensuring the dress would perfectly fit and it was beyond my expectations!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jessica C

I cannot say enough about Bijou Bridal. They were my first wedding dress appointment and I had brought the families along for the fun day ahead! Little did I realize that day I would spot this gorgeous dress on a mannequin, try it on first out of 10 others and just completely... Read More fall in love. Right then and there I said yes to the dress! My dress was a Stefan Jolie which is their in house designer. It was just simply stunning. I returned to Bijou for my bridesmaid dresses as well to take advantage of the discount since I had bought my dress there. We picked out these gorgeous Bill Levkoff dresses in wine, and they were absolutely flattering on each and every bridesmaid of mine. Returning to Bijou for my accessory appointment, and my dress fittings was always a wonderful experience. The entire staff is professional, take their jobs very seriously, and also take the brides needs and wants very seriously as well. Betty who did my alterations was just the best. Not only was she so sweet, but truly a master of her craft. I raved about her every visit. My dress was backless and she made sure it fit my body perfectly. Overall, I highly recommend any bride to be to visit Bijou Bridal. They are very pricey but you truly get what you pay for here. I could not have asked for a better wedding dress/bridesmaid experience from start to finish. Simply the best in North Jersey!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Alexis L

lovely place to feel like a blissful bride. I was blown away by the staff. They were very friendly and supportive. Its a warm and inviting place. I definitely recommend you come here to buy a wedding dress. My mom was so pleased, she is going to get a dress from there now to

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kelsey C

I bought my wedding dress at Bijou Bridal in November 2015 and got married August 2016. I had been to several other stores including I Do I Do, Castle Couture, David's Bridal, & Alfred Angelo, so I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted going into the appointment. I fell in... Read More love with my Maggie Sottero Emma Marie gown as soon as I put it on. I also purchased the matching belt at a later appointment, and they graciously applied the 30% discount even though I didn't purchase at the same time as the dress. My bridesmaids also ordered their Bill Levkoff dresses from Bijou since they offer a discount if you got your gown there. I could have had them ship the dresses to each girl for $25 but I just picked up myself and took to the post office and purchased a flat rate box to send to the out of state girls. Bijou was super accommodating even when I had to purchase extra fabric from Bill Levkoff to let out one of the bridesmaids' dresses (p.s. they are not kidding - ORDER UP). My seamstress was also great at listening to my concerns about the fit and ensuring it was flawless. Overall, I had a really great experience with Bijou and would certainly recommend you visit there if you're searching for your dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Alicia W

This place was amazing. I had found my dress online and was looking for a place that carried it, which led me here. A couple emails later and I was there with friends and family. They pulled that dress for me and had it ready. They gave me full access to the floor and allowed me... Read More to literally look at every single dress with no time limits. They encouraged me to try on different styles of dresses, even if I didn't think I would like them. I ended up with the dress I went there for, perfectly little fairy tale. All of my alterations were done perfectly and I wouldn't have done it differently. We also got all of my girls dresses here, they were accommodating for our larger group. Same thing, they gave my girls free reign of the dresses and flexibility to try on whatever they wanted. They also offered the girls a discount since I got my dress there. Their dresses were affordable and absolutely perfect. Great experiences all around!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 CM W

I would have given 5 stars had they not forgotten to pack my veil....as a little girl I always pictured my father lifting my veil at the altar and presenting me as "bride" to my groom.....so it was a sad moment when I realized they didn't pack it and it was too late to call them... Read More to complain because I picked up my dress the day before my wedding..... OTHER than that oversight, they have a great selection of dresses and the staff is very welcoming

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Colleen H

I went to the Bijou Bridal in Paramus NJ and had a wonderful experience. Hailey was my consultant and she was extremely helpful. I didn't even have to go to any other bridal salons I found my dress at my first appointment. All my fittings went great, the woman was very... Read More knowledgeable and everyone was always very helpful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the NJ area.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Stefani D

I can't say enough how much I truly enjoyed working with Bijou bridal, more importantly with Hayley specifically. She was AMAZING! From my first appointment, I could tell she would really be able to help me find the dress of my dreams. You know you are working with a true... Read More professional when you can show her a picture of a gown that you are interested in and she can pick that exact dress out of an entire floor in seconds. She was incredibly patient with me, working with me over the course of 4 consultation appointments to find exactly what I wanted. I was always greeted with a smile and she was truly excited for me when I finally found my dress. She was honest with me, helping me decide what I liked and what I did not like. I went in looking for one style and wound up with something completely different (that I love!) due to her expertise. Ask for her by name, Hayley is a gem. Thank you Bijou for a wonderful experience in finding my dress. Can't wait to come back with my bridesmaids for their dresses!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Amber S

I had a good experience overall at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore. Neena was my consultant and had a great personality and made me feel comfortable. When I met with her I thought I had no idea on what I wanted, as I never was one the dream of my wedding, but she encouraged me the... Read More feedback I was giving her was good enough. We quickly choose a # of dresses and she truly understood how to properly clip the dress to help you see how it should look.i did purchase my dress here and truly excited to get it altered and wear it. I also went into this thinking I would never have a ball gown type dress, but that is exactly what I walked away with :) The store held my dress for 5 months before I recently picked it up. The store has a nice alteration rate; however, i could not get my dress altered there as it was clearance. They did provide referrals for alterations and the manager/owner carried my dress from the store to my car in the rain without me asking. I would recommend a bride-to-be to visit their salon.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Nicole C

I went to Bijou bridal in jersey and had an outstanding expierence. The facility is spacious and has a huge variety of dresses. Everyone is helpful, calm and gives you their undivided attention. I went three times before making my choice. They answered all my questions and were... Read More so patient with me. They made me feel very special like I was one of the family. I will be getting my bridesmaids dresses there and my mom found a fantastic dress. I would highly recommend Bijou Bridal to any bride. I worked with Despina and she was delightful but you CANNOT go wrong with anyone you are assigned to! Enjoy! You won't be sorry you made this choice.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Lauren G

After reading the mixed reviews, I decided to go ahead and book an appointment as they are one of the largest bridal stores in the area. The whole experience from A to Z was terrible. We arrived 20 minutes early and after checking in for a Bridal appointment, they proceeded to... Read More ask my mom to fill out a paper. They come to take us upstairs and after asking what style of dress we were interested in realized they booked me for a Mother's appointment and not a Bridal as I specifically stated on the phone and when checking in. From there I was passed through 3 different consults each one worse than the prior. There were 4 brides all fighting and searching for dresses at the same time. I felt rushed from the moment the appointment began. Once in the dressing room the consultant handed me dresses and said put them on! No help with fitting/clips, etc.. She even yanked beads off the dresses when she didn't feel "bothered" to take the extra minute to untangle the item. Dresses were in horrible shape - beading missing, holes, dirty/dingy, smells, etc... When I was modeling the dress to my guests, the consultant would run off to grab a bite to eat and was nowhere to be found when I found the dress and wanted to try on veils! To make matters worse, the dress was missing the ticket and when I inquired whether it would be discontinued (as we are in between seasons) she assured me it would be. I asked her to call and the front desk said the same thing. I got dressed and came downstairs only to find out it was DISCONTINUED! They even pressured me to order a size smaller as my size was out of stock. To say the least this store took the magic out of purchasing and dress and I would recommend everyone to stay away. They are snooty, incompetent, and rude! Thankfully I ended up finding a wonderful shop in Nanuet that treated me as a person and not a number.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Zena S

Terrible experience start to end. Bijou should be your last resort. There are so many other bridal salons that deserve the business in the area. This place does not. Severely poor management and it's apparent from the moment you step in. Also, know that the second you turn... Read More around, they have something to say about you.... very professional :) stay away.

Loved My Dress

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Nicole P

I absolutely loved my dress from Bijou! It was a perfect fit, and the seamstresses were great with making sure I was content with all my alterations. My mother and my bridesmaid dresses were from here as well. They definitely have quality products. I would absolutely recommend... Read More Bijou however, there were two things that kept me from giving them 5 stars across the board. First, I felt that they were not as accomodating as when it got down to the wire. I had to take an extra afternoon off of work for my final try on (4 days before my wedding) because they had no appointments after 5pm. I would think that with my wedding so close, they would have tried a little harder to squeeze me in for 10 minutes. Secondly, my bridesmaid dresses were VERY hard to alter. Also, sometimes the sizes they suggested were totally off causing some girls to have to basically redesign there dress. This is NOT the fault of Bijou, but it would have been helpful it we could have know the dress was very difficult to alter, I may have made a different choice. However, that being said, I would choose Bijou again, because despite the minor setbacks they were absolutely a pleasure to work with.