Come Experience it for Yourself

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is a full-service bridal and evening wear salon, offering an exceptional collection of sophisticated designer gowns. Please visit us at our other locations as well: Ardmore, PA, Coral Gables, FL, Honolulu, HI, Orlando, FL, and Paramus, NJ.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

Bow2010

358 Route 17 N, Paramus, NJ (201) 262-8889

Farzan- Best seamstress

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Allison E

If you have an opportunity to work with Farzan, count your blessings. Her attention to detail, kind heart, and desire to make her work flawless for the day of took my dress experience from good to amazing. She was the best. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with her.

My Wedding Dress was PERFECT

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Kristen H

The ladies at Bijou bridal are amazing!!! They were so helpful in helping myself and also my bridesmaids find the perfect dresses. Thank you to Haneen to helping me with my dress and adding the fabulous belt!!! And also to Diana who works wonders with tailoring the dress to... Read More perfectly fit your body. Their showroom is incredible, yet not overwhelming. Buying my wedding dress was the most amazing experience and I would recommend this salon to anybody looking for a bridal gown or special occasion dress. Don't bother with the chain stores girls-they just don't compare!!! -Kristen

Bijou 2013

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 GraceAnn F

I absolutely loved everyone at Bijou! Alana was amazing in helping me find the perfect dress (it only took us 4 to find it!)! Dolores was my seamstress and did a wonderful job! Loved the whole experience!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Maiza G

Great service , not all of the time. But overall great place

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Lauren H

I got my dress and veil, my mom's dress, and my bridesmaids' dresses from Bijou and could not have been happier. I was able to try on many dresses without feeling rushed or pressured and my preferences and opinions were listened to as new dresses were pulled. Same with my... Read More bridesmaids, they all loved the dress they ended up choosing, mostly because it was a modern style that did not look like your typical cliche bridesmaids dress, which is something that was hard to come by at the other salons we shopped at. All of the dresses were of high quality but not necessarily high price, there were plenty of choices for any budget. My mom and I had our dresses altered by Bijou and they did an absolutely amazing job. I was particularly impressed with the darts that were put in to the bodice of my dress, they were not noticeable from the outside and really transformed the way the front of the dress fit (as a 36DD I was very worried about not wearing a bra but there were no support issues throughout the day/night of the wedding). I cannot thank Diana enough for her hard work and attention to detail on the alterations. I would recommend Bijou to anyone shopping for wedding-related attire.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 A F

This is where I said yes to my wedding dress. I was rushed throughout my hole appointment. I asked if I could re try on the dress i loved at the end of the appointment and was told “no”. Long story short I called an hour later and asked to come back and ended up saying yes to... Read More the dress. I feel like because I am young I was not taken seriously. I ordered my dress and scheduled a try on session and brought a few family memebers.during that appointment I walk out of the try on room to two women vacuuming right in front of my family, completely ruining the moment.. AGAIN.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Amy M

Bijou was where I said Yes to the Dress!! They are amazing here and truly make you feel like a princess in every way possible!! They were extremely reliable with my wedding dress and were timely and reassuring for any questions or concerns I may have had!! I recommend everyone... Read More come here to choose their wedding dress! I feel blessed because my dress was unlike any I’ve ever seen and the sparkle made me feel like a Queen!! I recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Carmela C

I had Haley and she was great, very sweet! But I was not a fan of the store, every other dress was torn and I was not crazy about the selection. Plus you can not take pics when you try things on.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Liz L

I would never go back here, my dress was truly not a perfect fit. Shelly was horrible, and made me almost cry, as if it was my fault the dress did not fit. She took the dress out instead of taking it in, she really does not know what she is doing, put the cups in wrong on my... Read More dress. Therefore, Diana had to take over, she did a good job reworking the dress, it fit okay, but I was not happy overall with the way it turned out. I look at pictures and the dress is big on me. Makes me a little sad. Wish I went to klienfields

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Melisa C

I went to Bijou Bridal twice within a month and had Despina as my consultant. She is FANTASTIC, and really wonderful to work with. She was very kind, patient, and helpful, making the entire process very smooth. She was able to pull various dresses based on what she thought... Read More would work well, and overall was so great to work with. Bijou has a wide selection of dresses and takes good care of their customers. I highly recommend Bijou Bridal and Despina!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Keri M

Everyone there was so helpful every time I went into the store!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Morgan G

My wedding was 8/5/17 and I had a great experience with Bijou. I never felt pressured to choose a dress and they made me feel so comfortable. I think many brides get stressed when they are dress shopping but I had the best day ever! Also, when my dress came in, my seamstress was... Read More wonderful. She paid attention to detail and made sure it was a perfect fit. I'm so happy I chose them!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Sandra T

After seeing a handful of stores, I found THE dress at this amazing store. It has such gorgeous dresses at affordable prices. The woman who did the alterations was also great; nice and helpful. The only thing I don't like is that you can't go for a fitting/alterations on the... Read More weekends and it was sometimes hard to coordinate a time/date during the week due to crazy work hours. Either way, I don't regret choosing my dress from here. It was absolutely stunning! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Jessica S

Great experience! The dress fit great on the day of the wedding! My seamstress was fantastic and did everything she could to make sure it fit perfectly! Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Tara W

The bridal party selected their bridesmaid dresses at Bijou Bridal and Special Occasion for my wedding on May 19, 2017. The location of the salon is convenient to all major highways; this was important for my bridal party as they were traveling for the appointment from New York,... Read More New Jersey, and Connecticut. We had the pleasure of working with Megan; she was knowledgeable and patient. Megan knew the perfect dresses to pull for my ladies to try on (this was not an easy feat). My maid of honor is petite. One of my bridesmaids is average and curvy. The other bridesmaid is plus size and insecure about her body. My junior bridesmaid (14 years old) needed a modest look. We chose the designer Bill Levkoff Style #779 in the color Regency (royal purple). I would highly recommend Megan and Bijou Bridal! - Tara (Werner) Quagliato

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 mallory r

My mom and I visited Bijou for her Mother of the bride gown. Bijou was not my first choice as I went to another store first and had a terrible experience. The other store was so packed, all of the dresses were in plastic bags and they wouldn't let you touch them, and they were... Read More in a rush (and rude). At Bijou, they stopped and took their time to get to know my mom and I, what works for her, how does she want to look and how she wants to feel. The dresses are displayed beautifully and not in bags so you can touch, feel and easily compare dresses. Compared to other stores, it comes across that they don't have a large selection but once my mom started trying, we realized she had plenty of options. Our main goal is for my mom to not look like a "typical" mother of the bride. At Bijou, they had so many evening down dresses with decadent beading and details. The dress my mom ended up selecting was coincidentally "on tour" as I think it was a trunk show piece. We ordered the dress in late August 2016 and it was ready in December 2016 just in time for January/February alterations for an April wedding. The girls at the front desk were super polite and the sales associate (Megan I believe) didn't lie to my mom, she told her when she looked great and was very nice when saying she could go for a better option. Her honesty and compassion to my mom made me so happy because this is her days as much as it is mine. I thought the dress was also going to be $1000 but it was half the price! So not only do they have a great selection, but their pricing is on point! We didnt use Bijou for alterations as we went into the city where I was getting my dress altered. If you want high quality well known designer gowns at a great price and great customer service, go to Bijou!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Alexandra P

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion is absolutely amazing! I have been to about 5 bridal salons between myself and my friends and this one is by far the most glamorous, classy, and professional I have been to. It looks like what a bridal salon should look like, and you will feel... Read More pampered just being there. Their selection of gowns is amazing! I found a gorgeous dress there that I really loved. However, I must say the real reason I absolutely love Bijou is their alterations department. Their flat fee for alterations is SO WORTH IT! I went for 4 or 5 fittings and in the end, my dress fit like a glove, better than I ever could have dreamed. I did not have to give the seamstress directions at all, she made some tucks each time, in all different areas, and it came together beautifully. I got so many complements not just on my dress, but specifically on the fit of my dress. It was absolutely perfect, I am so happy I got my dress there. Will recommend to anyone who will listen!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Emily A

Despina was the best!!! She was so helpful and kind to me and my mid-size entourage. She helped me find the perfect dress, and I felt great in it. Alterations were by Betty, and overall, she did a great job. The bustle needed to be redone at the final fitting because it was too... Read More long (would have been stepped on), but by the wedding day, I was very happy with how it looked. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jackie T

My experience at Bijou was absolutely amazing. Lisa was extremely helpful and made the entire experience of both finding my dress and then setting up my fittings very easy and special. The dresses at Bijou are stunning. All different types and designs. I could not be any... Read More happier with my dress and the costumer service that I received at this Bridal store. Deanna was my favorite! She was so so sweet and was a perfectionist when it came to fitting my dress and went above and beyond to make sure that I looked beautiful for my wedding day. She was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel beautiful during each fitting I had. My dress looked SO perfect on my wedding day and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous it looked. Bijou helped me look like a princess and I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Thank you so much Bijou for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and making my wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer S

I visited Bijou bridal once as a bride and once as a MOH. My experience as a MOH (we went on a Saturday) was so-so. The salon is extremely crowded on a Saturday and we felt the bride was not getting the attention she deserved. She had to share the runway with many other brides... Read More and her consultant did not offer any suggestions when the bride asked her to recommend dresses. That being said, when I returned on a Tuesday as a bride, I felt that the service was very good and my consultant was helpful (I guess it depends who you get). I did purchase my dress from the salon and am very happy with how it turned our but there were a few missteps. When I originally ordered the dress I was mislead into thinking it would have silver threading throughout just like the sample. Unfortunately, that was not the case when it came in. Apparently, that threading was only available on the sample dress color I tried on. Not a huge deal but I was disappointed and wish the salon had been clearer when I purchased my gown. Additionally, although, the dress fit wonderfully, I felt that sometimes my seamstress was trying to rush me our of the salon or would make comments that were a bit offensive such as did you gain weight? Additionally, the dressed laid funny in one area and when I tried to speak to her about it she just told me it was fine. I am happy with the how the dress fit and felt beautiful on my wedding day but the process getting there was not as smooth as a soon to be bride would hope.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jamie M

The women at Bijou were so helpful throughout the finding and altering of my dress. My seamstress was wonderful and created exactly what I was imagining. I was complimented all night on how amazing the dress was. The owners were absolutely wonderful and helped every step of the... Read More way. My mother also bought her dress here and was very happy with the result. Family friends recommended them and I would definitely recommend them to others.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kimmy K

Absolutely amazing. If you're looking for a wedding dress stop looking, and book your appointment now at Bijou with Despina!! I went into the store with no idea what kind of dress I wanted, and Despina was absolutely fantastic!! She helped me find the best kind of dress that fit... Read More my style and body. Found my dream dress right away, but looked at other stores just to look around. No other store compares in their level of service, knowledge, and selection. So I hurried back and got the dress of my dreams!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Heather M

The staff are very pleasant and a large selection of wedding and bridesmaid dresses to choose from. The alterations came out fantastic and scheduling appointments was extremely easy.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Jackie W

It was ok.. didn't have as many dresses as I'd hoped for and my consultant tried to pressure me into picking me dress. First she told me it was new, then she said if I waited a month it might be discontinued so I'd need to decide soon. I also didn't like how she made me feel bad... Read More for not liking certain dress styles..

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Denise M

My dress was to die for. It was so amazing. The only think was I'm not sure my bustle was altered properly. My dress kept coming unbustled during my reception. Overall though I was happy with the service.