Bill Millers Castle

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

834 East Main St, Branford, CT

Best. Day. Ever

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Kimberly S

My husband and I recently got married on June 14, 2014 and had our wedding at Bill Miller's Castle. Lisa was FANTASTIC to work with and was so kind and professional. She and her staff made our wedding day something we will cherish for the rest of our lives! The food from La... Read More Luna is AMAZING and I got nothing but compliments from friends and family. The venue is so beautiful, inside and out. It was the 1st and only place we looked at in person and we were smitten as soon as we arrived in the parking lot. I would HIGHLY recommend having your event at this venue. They are wonderful people with a great sense of how to run an event and you will not be disappointed!!! Thank you Lisa and staff for a WONDERFUL day!!!! -Kimberly & Eric Davis

Magical experience

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Meghan A

Originally I planned my wedding at a smaller venue to save a little money. But from day one I was just not happy about it and could not get Bill Miller's Castle out of my head. On a whim I went back to Bill Miller's and met with Lisa Miller. She was willing to work with me,... Read More my dream and my budget. I spent a little more than I originally planned and do not regret a penny. If I had gone with my first plan I would have not felt nearly as happy as I did on our big day. The staff was so helpful. Lisa took control of the situation and served as my wedding planner for the day of the wedding to make sure everything happened as planned and on time. She took extra time with us leading up to the big day to make sure everything was perfect. She and her daughter, Victoria, were helpful and just a dream to work with. The food was amazing! Everyone at the wedding raved about it and La Luna earned themselves some new customers that day. I would, and have, suggest this amazing venue to anyone and everyone. Not just for a wedding but for any occasion. Everywhere we went on the property was an opportunity for another great photo. It is just gorgeous! We plan to go back on special occasions for their holiday meals as well! Thank you so much to Lisa and Victoria and all of the staff at Bill Miller's Castle!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

Bill Miller's Castle was the perfect place for our wedding. We were looking for something a little different - not the typical "cookie cutter" wedding - something that truly reflected who we are, and the type of wedding we wanted. The space is just gorgeous and very unique.... Read More Victoria and Lisa, the wedding coordinators at Bill Miller's, were absolutely amazing. They listened to what we wanted, helped us put the event together, and made the whole process fun and memorable. They were flexible and helpful and truly went above and beyond to make sure that we had the perfect day. Our outside caterer went incommunicado an hour before the wedding & we couldn't reach him... they were over an hour late and no sign/word... Victoria and Lisa swung into action and took care of everything. While we were having our family photos done, they organized last minute passed hors d'oeuvres, cheeseboards, and drinks, while gearing up to be ready to serve dinner too if needed. Our guests never even realized that anything was wrong! When the caterers (that we chose!!) finally did show up, Victoria and Lisa handled the whole setup without a hitch. They got dinner served in record time and our guests raved about how good the food was. We truly could not have done it without them. Great place, great atmosphere, truly incredible staff.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Rachael T

Everything about our reception was wonderful. Everyone on the staff is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Lisa was great to work with and she took care of all of our needs, including offering her expertise about weddings in general, which we greatly appreciated.... Read More The castle was absolutely beautiful, and all of our guests raved about how unique our wedding was. The food was amazing and the portions were huge, no one left hungry. My husband and I are looking forward to returning for another one of the events they host, such as Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kat C

If you want a venue your guests will remember, do it here! The atmosphere, the staff, everything was top notch and you will get some AMAZING pictures. Special thanks to Cheri and Victoria who made SURE our day was perfect!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Anastasia P

Bill Millers Castle is a unique and charming venue. At first I had a few miscommunication issues with one of the owners/managers. That changed as we talked it out and as the wedding got closer. She ended up being helpful and very pleasant to work with. On our wedding day... Read More Victoria was absolutely amazing with helping out and making sure that all of our needs were taken care of. Our wedding day was beautiful and everyone couldn't say enough about how amazing the building was, how pleasant the staff was, and how delicious the food was. A couple more things, the new bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready is worth it! The food was great and they even packaged the extra for us, which came in handy later that night. We had such a great time and didn't worry at all on our wedding and I just cant say enough about how excellent everything from decor, food, staff, ect. was. If you are looking for a unique wedding venue this is it! Thank you Bill Millers Castle for a perfect wedding day to remember!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

My reception was just perfect at Bill Miller's Castle!

Best Place to get married in CT!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

I would recommend Bill Miller's to anyone in Connecticut! They helped make my day perfect. All through the wedding planning, Lisa was wonderful to work with, answering any questions I had. On the big day, she and her daughter Victoria, were right there the whole time making sure... Read More we had everything we could need. And the food? To die for!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Aubrey S

Bill Miller's Castle was perfect! It had the rustic look we were looking for and was a stunning venue. Everyone at work was talking about how beautiful of a venue it was. It has a huge dance floor, 5 stone fireplaces, and a great bridal suite where the girls all got ready the... Read More morning of. The food from La Luna Catering was delicious! The best part of Bill Miller's Castle, aside from how beautiful of a venue it is, is the amazing staff. Cheri and Victoria did everything to make sure our day was perfect from start to finish. They took care of all the smaller details I hadn't even thought of, made sure to have my wine and handed me a glass during cocktail hour. Any time we were up from our seats during dinner, they were checking to see if they could get anything for us. They even offered our guests the same treatment to make sure they didn't need help with anything. They deserve every star for their hard work and amazing locale. I would recommend this venue to everyone!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Danny H

Lisa and Victoria were absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the wedding-planning process. The wedding day was absolutely effortless for my fiancé and I, thanks to these ladies and their entire hard-working staff. A truly unique, one-of-a-kind venue with true... Read More professionals who know how to help you throw an amazing party.

Beautiful & unique, definitely not ordinary!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Lauren H

The moment my fiancé and I walked into this place, we knew it was the one! It was a far cry from the standard white walled wedding venues that need colored lighting, drapery and decorations to personalize the room. None of our guests had ever been there before or seen a place... Read More quite like it. From The high beamed ceilings, to the chandeliers, to the fireplaces, to the tall windows behind the King and Queen's thrones... it really is something out of a Fairytale. Some complaints that I would have are that it did turn out to be pricier than initially thought because they nickel and dime you for lots of little things, like uplighting, venue fee, gratuities, microphones/podiums, renting certain decorations, different tablecloth and napkin colors etc. Also, I had a lot of questions early on and I was told by the coordinator that I had plenty of time later for those questions.. but I just wanted to know how to plan! believe me I was no Bridezilla!

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Lauren H

My recent wedding was at Bill Miller's Castle, and I was so happy with this venue! My fiance and I were looking for a unique location for our ceremony and reception and Bill Miller's was perfect. This venue is absolutely beautiful, inside and out, and there is something... Read More visually interesting everywhere you look! Besides being beautiful and unique, the staff at Bill Miller's was also a pleasure to work with. Our day of coordinator, Lisa, was helpful, friendly, and responsive throughout the entire process and did everything that she could to ensure that our wedding ran smoothly. Every last person that we worked with there, from the owners, to the waitstaff, to the bartender (sooo friendly... she remembered my drink order every single time I went up there!!) was awesome to work with. We didn't have a florist to set up our centerpieces and decorations for us, and the staff at Bill Miller's volunteered to take on the job and did so exactly how I wanted. They even brought out some of their own decorations that fit my theme and everything looked even better than I imagined. My fiance and I were really so happy with how everything turned out and our guests raved about how beautiful Bill Miller's is (the venue was probably the top compliment we received on our wedding). Good food, gorgeous venue, kind, friendly, helpful, accommodating staff....there really was nothing not to like about Bill Miller's. Highly Recommended and we look forward to returning someday for one of your other events!!

Bill Miller's Castle - Amazing Place, Amazing People

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 diana s

We got married at Bill Miller's this past September, and I don't know where to start with my praise. Aside from the food and the insanely unique and charm of the castle, one of the biggest standouts are the people there. Lisa Miller and company made us feel like family from... Read More day 1. They made our guests feel like they were family. From the get go we felt like we were in good hands, and as far as the venue was concerned, there would be nothing to worry about on our big day. We knew the second we sat down to talk with Lisa in the "pub" area that this was the place for us, and we would make the same choice 1000 times over if we could.

Best Wedding Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Stephanie J

I had my wedding at Bill Miller's in early October. I can't say enough about the venue or the staff. Most of the staff I worked with were part of the family that owns the venue. They really made it personal and they are the kindest and most genuine people in the wedding... Read More business. They went the extra mile to make my wedding a dream come true. The venue is always gorgeous, but it was even more romantic and magical at night. The food was amazing! All of my guests raved about it even weeks after the wedding. If you want a romantic, unique, fairy tale wedding then this is definitely the right place to start your happily ever after!!!!

Completely Magical.

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Nicole T

I had my wedding at Bill Miller’s on 9/21/14 and was just so happy with how everything went. The venue is absolutely stunning- unique, beautiful and interesting. Lisa was my day-of coordinator and she was always polite, professional and helpful. She was exceptionally... Read More communicative- answered any questions I had quickly and completely. She knows what she’s doing, and she guided me through my day expertly- I was completely at ease and able to enjoy every detail. She also managed to orchestrate two huge surprises that took place during our reception without issue (there was a flash mob and then a surprise musical performance- and it all went off without a hitch). The food was amazing- I did a stationed buffet and added a mashed potato bar, which was a huge hit with my guests. Everyone told me I wouldn’t get to eat on my wedding day, but Lisa and her team ensured that the wedding party got plenty of apps during the cocktail hour and that my husband and I were able to enjoy our dinners. All of the servers were courteous and professional, and took great care of us. They treated us like family! Another thing I must mention- I opted to rent the new large bridal suite to get ready and take photos in, and I think it really made the day that much better. The room was beautiful and yielded stunning photos, plus my girls and I had plenty of room to get ready in. It was well worth the extra money. I just can’t say enough how happy I am with how everything went.

Night to remember at very unique location.

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I can't imagine any other location than Bill Miller's Castle to get married.Every guest was impressed with the decor of the castle.Lisa Miller and Victoria were both very professional and attentive during the ceremony.Food including hors d'oeuvres was exceptionally... Read More delicious.Overall,phenomenal place to get married.

Loved the castle!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

My fiancé (now husband) and I only had to look at one venue, and we knew right away we wanted Bill Milkers Castle! Personally, my favorite part is there's a place for everyone: a fancy lounge area for quiet family members who want to sit and talk in peace, spacious dance floor... Read More for the party people, a lovely deck outside for those who want fresh air... We have so many different personalities in both of our families, and everyone had a great time! Lisa made the wedding planning part so easy and fun too, couldn't have done it without her. The food is to die for too by the way! Would totally recommend to anyone!!

Fabulous rustic castle

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Katrina S

My wedding was on 10 1214 at 3 PM in the afternoon we had beautiful weather and a beautiful service and most of all most perfect venue. Bill Millers Castle offers an array of options for where you want your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. From outside under the tree to... Read More inside by the fireplace upstairs or downstairs inside or out! Their is no cookie cutter style and get to make your wedding your own!! Not to mention to have it all in one place is so convenient for your guests! Lisa and Victoria really made sure everything was perfect. From the set up of decorations and place cards to allowing my bridesmaids to drop off the dresses and providing direction for the band set up. All I had to worry about was dropping the decoration stuff off the day before and getting my hair and makeup done. I was relived to not have to delegate jobs to family when they needed time to get ready! Most exciting was when I arrived at ceremony everything was as I hoped for and it was all absolutely perfect! We were never without a drink in hand or wondering what was next. Lisa got a hold of me (as the bride your floating from table to table all night) and let me know what was next. It truly was stress free! My guests are still talking about the venue being so perfect. The price was perfect too match. I felt is was very reasonable for the amount of space you get, food being incredible and a personal wedding coordinator! The dance floor is huge and their are so many nooks for great photos. The entire space is lighted beautifully and you can change the colors behind the bride groom table. The staff is all very friendly and accommodating as well. If your considering this space...go for it! You will not be disappointed at all. Mr. Bill Miller himself has left a incredible legacy to his family. The castle is a collection of antiques and rustic repurposed items from around CT. Lights outside are from the Merritt Parkway while the black iron inside from the good speed opera house and some windows from Yale! I loved this part. There is so much dark wood and grey tone stone it makes a magnificent place! Great for the lace/burlap theme! They decorate each season and honestly you could leave the tables bare and the place is gorgeous! This is the place for a picture perfect tailored wedding and stress free forever remembered important day!!

A must!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Jennifer F

If you are going to get married....I highly recommend checking out Bill Miller's. It is completely unique, rustic and romantic all at the same time. With every turn there is a different nook or cranny with amazing charm and unbeatable photo ops. They now have a HUGE bridal... Read More suite that can be rented to get ready in. So amazing! It is bigger than my apartment. It is gorgeous and made my day so nice and much simpler. There's also a second suite which is a great place for the guys to get ready! Lisa Miller and her daughter Victoria were amazing. Lisa was very responsive to all of my questions and gave me reassurance the whole way. She guided me through the whole process....even helped with decorating ideas- and made sure all my centerpieces/decor were out just the way I wanted. Her daughter Victoria is so sweet....and made us all feel so comfortable. She even helped me to fix my sweaty hair after some crazy dancing! I cannot say enough about how amazing Bill Miller's Castle was! The dance floor was huge, the lighting was perfect....and our wedding was absolutely as beautiful and wonderful as I could have ever hoped for!!!!

Wish we could have stayed at our wedding forever!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Leigh A

Bill Miller's was amazing. Lisa was so accommodating throughout all of our planning and they took such great care of us. We got married 2 months ago and people are still talking about our wedding and one of our guests even booked his company Christmas party at Bill Miller's the... Read More night of our wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything Victoria and Lisa took such great care of us. They let us do everything we wanted and didn't have extra fees when we asked to do something. The food was amazing too... My husband and I ate at our own wedding. The staff was amazing. We and our guests enjoyed every second of our wedding!

Our Daughters Wedding

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

The Venue is quaint and charming. Lisa Miller and her daughter Victoria were a pleasure to work with during the planning process. The day was just perfect, everything went off without a hitch! All the staff at Bill Miller's castle were very professional and accommodating... Read More in every way. What a fantastic time was had by all. Thank you so much!!

Best Wedding Ever at the Castle!!!! Stress Free - Great Place!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jacky

Cheri helped me until the wedding date with any questions that I had. She was so helpful and was wonderful! I only checked out one other venue before I fell in love with Bill Miller's Castle and couldn't have been any happier. The castle is amazing! They have great service and... Read More great ambiance. I had my wedding ceremony outside on the new patio and even got ready in the Bridal suite beforehand. The reception followed and everything was perfect. There was not one moment that I felt like I was stressed or had to worry. To the staff at Bill Miller's Castle and all the vendors who worked my wedding - THANKS FOR MAKING IT THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!

Best wedding venue around

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jill M

Cheri & staff at Bill Miller's Castle are the best. The place itself is gorgeous, with lots of little areas for people to congregate both inside and out. The service & food were amazing. They have a kitchen right on the premises, so the food isn't being cooked and transported... Read More from a restaurant to the site. All of our guests had a great time and raved about how beautiful the castle is and how great the food was.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Alicia

I recently held my wedding at Bill Miller's Castle, everything was amazing! Lisa was awesome as well as her daughter Victoria. They were pleasant to work with and met all of my needs. The venue its self is beautiful but the excellent service makes it even better!

Love this place!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Lasha C

Lisa is incredible. The venue is so unique and has such great character. The lighting at night is so charming. I HIGHLY recommend Bill Miller's Castle. Lisa truly does want the night to go smoothly for both of you, as she did for us. The food was very good, the default chairs... Read More are beautiful. I'm just so satisfied with how our wedding turned out. The whole staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of the entire time. I would not have changed a thing about the venue.