Birch Event & Design

Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia

Birch Event & Design

At Birch Event & Design we are inspired by great design, find joy in life’s little details, and love event planning. Whether it is creating meaningful details or sorting through the many logistics, we delight in being a tailored resource for each of our clients in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and beyond. We believe that event planning is a collaborative process. We will draw on your style and experiences to create an event that is fresh, unique, and reflective of your personality. Birch Event & Design understands that details are what makes each event memorable. We look forward to getting to know you and celebrating with you!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

4816 Birch Drive, Alexandria, VA Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia (571) 969-3254
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Ross A

I can't say enough nice things about Julie and the team at Birch Event & Design! As a fellow wedding vendor, we get the opportunity to work with a huge variety of vendors, and this is a top notch team! The event we did with them was complicated with two totally different... Read More sites and lots of moving parts. But Julie was a great communicator, super organized, and delivered an amazing event for her clients! Absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Lili K

Julie is hands down the best wedding coordinator you could dream of. She is 20 steps ahead on every details, even the ones an obsessive bride doesn't think of, remembers them all off the top of her head, and also came to the rescue on many occasions. One of which was when my... Read More dress was mishandled in alterations and I had to get a new dress two weeks before my wedding - she arranged for an emergency fitting and follow-up. She also is great about in person meetings, calls, and making the process easy on the groom. The day ended up being beyond our wildest dreams and we have Julie to thank. If you want peace of mind, and to have someone else worry about "all those details," hire Julie for all this done with class and effortless grace.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Denise G

My daughter's wedding day was such a joyous, perfect event and Julie had been there to help every step of the way. She was so delightful to work with and seemed to anticipate how to handle any question or issue that came our way. She was organized, patient, exacting in the... Read More most helpful way, and an immensely helpful not only before the wedding but a vital reason why the day itself went so smoothly. It was a pleasure to work with Julie and she gets the highest praise we can give.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Kaitlyn G

Leading up to my wedding, people kept commenting how I didn't seem stressed at all, and every time my response was, "wait until you meet my wedding planner!" I had complete faith in Julie throughout the entire process, and working with her was one of the best decisions I made... Read More for my wedding! Julie is the perfect mix of creative and professional. She would brainstorm innovative details for the vision I had for my wedding, and given her professional background and passion for event planning, I always had complete confidence she could pull off every last detail. On the day of my wedding, bad weather forced us to move the ceremony and after party inside. I'm sure there was a lot of decisions and stress that accompanied this change, but I never heard a word of it, because Julie worked seamlessly with my vendors to make everything perfect. All the time that day that I would have to have spent making last minute arrangements, I got to instead spend with my family and now-husband enjoying the day. As any bride will tell you, time is the most valuable gift on your wedding day, and this was something else working with Julie gave us. I would also highly recommend hiring Julie for the entire wedding process, if your budget allows. When I first got engaged, I debated even getting a wedding planner since my venue had an on-site coordinator, but am SO grateful I had Julie because she helped me with things I didn't even know I needed to know to plan a wedding! Everything from negotiating contracts to designing the room layout to organizing tiny details for each vendor... Julie was there every step of the way, making the process as enjoyable as possible. Julie, thank you for everything you did to make our wedding so perfect!! You are amazing!

Julie Park

Julie’s background has fostered in her a tremendous attention to detail. With 10 years’ experience and a degree in Event Management Julie started her career at the Vice President’s Residence where she was fortunate to be involved in the planning of both social and private events for the Vice President of the United States. Since the start of her career, she has planned a mixture of political, government, and social events from small intimate gatherings to working on a presidential convention. Most recently, Julie acted as the Director of Protocol for the Secretary of Defense.