Birchwood Manor

Whippany, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

An Elegant Venue

Love at first sight... Birchwood Manor welcomes you with warm hospitality and delights in designing your wedding reception, where the possibilities are endless. Visit us on the web then schedule your personal consultation to visit us in person. Couples have told us it's love at first sight.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

111 North Jefferson Road, Whippany, NJ (973) 887-1414

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Courtney D

I cannot begin to explain how amazing our wedding reception at the Birchwood Manor was. If I could go back and do it over again I would. Working with the staff was easy and straightforward, they informed us of everything we needed to do, leading up to the day, and on the day of,... Read More our maitre d made everything SO effortless. From the cocktail hour to the cake cutting he was able to coordinate myself and the groom as well as guests without being over bearing. Food and drink were amazing and all of our guests said it was the best party they have ever been to! I would recommend the Birchwood Manor to anyone hosting an event.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

A heartfelt thank you to Michael and the Birchwood Manor! It was a perfect day and we could not have asked for more! We received so many compliments on how good the food was and how elegant our venue was!! Everyone at the Birchwood was so nice and a pleasure to work with! We're... Read More so happy to have had our wedding at the Birchwood and thank them for all of the details that came together and helped to make our day so special!! If we could go back, we wouldn't change a thing!

TEN STARS!!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Danielle D

If we could give 10 STARS we would!!! I really can't even begin to describe how wonderful the Birchwood Manor made our wedding. They totally and completely blew any expectations we would ever have had, and created the best party! My parents got married at the Birchwood Manor 34... Read More years ago, so it did hold a special place in our hearts to begin with, but it couldn't have been more amazing of an experience. This family owned venue feels welcoming from the get go. Not only are the Maitre' d's the best in the business, everyone employed there was happy, helpful and finessed everything with love. From the initial meetings to the final run down, they were thoughtful in their questions, and really wanted to make it our day. Everyone was super responsive to calls or emails, and they made everything feel seamless the day of. None of our vendors had any trouble setting anything up. Not only was the service incredible, the food was out of this world, and the cocktail hour food stations couldn't have been more beautifully set up. Our guests couldn't believe the amount of food options there were, and were enthusiastically trying everything. We had our reception in the Jefferson room because we ended up with a large party of about 250, and the room was the perfect size so that people had table space and had room to move around the beautiful dance floor. Also, they have linens of all colors on hand, so they can match their room to anything the bride/groom is looking for. The Maitre' d's and all of the service staff really took care of my husband and I the entire night, they even made sure that we ate our dinner! They totally understood the role of being host, and were always there with my or my husband's favorite drink, which was the classiest touch. All our guests have continually told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I hope that our review will give anyone or everyone the perfect place for their wedding. We couldn't be more happy :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Magdalena L

My husband and I had our wedding at the Birchwood Manor on October 1st. We cannot even begin to emphasize how happy we were with our overall experience with Michael and all the staff at the Birchwood Manor. From the moment we first stepped into the venue to our wedding day, we... Read More had an exceptional experience with this place. The staff went out of their way to make sure the night goes as planned. They pay close attention to detail. Our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful the venue and garden are and how amazing the food tasted. The Birchwood Manor was a hidden gem we found and we are looking forward to having all our family parties at this spectacular venue with staff who treat you like closest family. To everyone at the Birchwood Manor: Thank you for making our wedding day everything we ever dreamed of and more! If I could, I would give this review ten stars!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Christyn B

From the moment I stepped on the property of the Birchwood Manor I knew that I wanted to be married there. It was a sunny day and I was in awe of the gorgeous gardens and extraordinary fountains. I knew it was the perfect backdrop for all of my wedding photos. Once I met the... Read More owner Michael Marino it was a done deal. He was so accommodating and beyond helpful. We became quick friends. He didn’t push me off on assistants when I called but took the time to go over every important detail of our very special day. When he was unavailable, MD stepped in to make sure nothing was overlooked. These two made the ideal team of wedding planning perfection. They put my mind at ease every step of the way and ensured that I enjoyed the planning process. We were married Aug 13, 2016 on The East Lawn. The Pergola was just divine as our Ceremonial Site. The area looked nothing short of amazing. Then we went on to a Cocktail Hour in The Jefferson Ballroom that was fit for Royalty. Our guests could not believe the magnificent spread. The presentation was artistic and inviting. Every morsel was tastier than the next. The chefs had really outdone themselves. Our reception was in The Grand Ballroom. The dim lit chandeliers and candles made it a very romantic and elegant setting to continue our celebration as husband and wife. Its grand size left more than enough room for our 225 guests, dining tables, photo booth, DJ, and colossal dance floor which was packed all night long! The staff at The Birchwood worked together so efficiently that our day was absolutely flawless. Our wedding was the spectacular event that I always dreamed it would be. Our family and friends continue to talk about the beauty of the venue, sensational staff, and delicious food! We were so pleased, that I am certain we will be back at The Birchwood Manor for future celebrations!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Krystal B

Amazing service and the quality is amazing! Great place! Also gorgeous grounds! I had the most amazing day and the staff was a huge part of that! Accommodating and friendly all around! Plus the food was AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

Our wedding on March 18,2016 at The Birchwood Manor was beyond perfect. Michael Marino, Mike (MD), Farrell, Jason, chefs, kitchen staff, wait staff, and the rest of the crew truly outdid themselves! The planning process was easy with Michael. His years of experience helped put... Read More us and our parents at ease and took lots of stress off of our plates. The cocktail hour was out of this world. Many of our guests thought it was dinner. Little did they know that they had a salad, a pasta course, an entree, and an array of desserts awaiting for them in the ballroom. The Grand Ballroom at Birchwood is absolutely breathtaking. The windows, exquisite chandeliers, crisp linens, and massive dance floor was just what we were looking for for our large wedding. The food was better than we imagined we would be able to get at any reception hall. There were so many choices when it came to picking our menus. People are still telling us how wonderful the food was and how much they ate. Our guests were full and happy all night long thanks to the Birchwood Manor chefs. I could go on forever and I want to share every detail, but just know you won't be disappointed when you book your wedding here. They have been in the business for a long time and their experience makes all the difference in a good wedding and a PERFECT wedding like ours. THANK YOU, BIRCHWOOD AND MARINO FAMILY! Our day was better than we could have ever dreamed of.

Best day ever!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kerri H

Robert L., Jason, and everyone at the Birchwood Manor made our day so special and truly incredible. My husband and I couldn't have been more in awe in seeing our family and friends experiencing the evening. Everyone had the best time, and even almost one month later, everyone... Read More keeps saying that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to--THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Marissa M

From the first meeting up until our wedding day, working with Birchwood Manor was a true pleasure! After seeing the glamorous Jefferson Ballroom and the beautiful outdoor gardens, we knew this was the perfect venue for our upcoming Spring 2015 wedding. Throughout the planning... Read More process, we had the privilege of working with Robert, the banquet manager, who was very knowledgeable and upfront with us from the start, so we knew we could trust his expertise and guidance. As the wedding day approached, the Birchwood Manor staff made everything so easy for us, working with all of our vendors to make sure everything was executed seamlessly when the big day came. When the wedding day arrived, we were floored by how perfectly it all went, thanks to the wonderful help of the staff. The ballroom was decorated beautifully, the outdoor grounds looked spectacular, and the food was truly out of this world! It was everything we had hoped it would be, and so much more. The maitre d', wait staff and bartenders all did an excellent job and were so attentive to everyone's needs, especially us, as the newlyweds. They even made sure they had our special Prosecco for us, and that our glasses were always full. Even now, weeks later, our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had, and how the food was the best they've ever had at any wedding! Looking back fondly on our special day now, we agree that there is nothing we would change, and we are so thrilled that we made the decision to hold our wedding at Birchwood Manor!

Incredible!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Maegan S

We had our wedding on 7/18/14 at the Birchwood Manor, and they were nothing short of incredible. You really cant ask for much more. Their prices were far better than most, especially for what you get. If you are getting married anywhere near there, you shouldn’t look anywhere... Read More else. I can’t imagine we were an easy couple to deal with, but they were patient and accommodating the entire way. Robert helped us through the whole process and the rest of the staff was perfect. Our guests were really impressed with how beautiful the wedding was and how delicious the food was. Service was impeccable. I rarely write reviews, but I felt compelled with the Birchwood. Perfect night for a reasonable price.

Top Notch

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Krysia P

I cant say enough good things about the Birchwood Manor! From the moment we sat with Michael to packing up the car after our wedding, he was there with a smile on his face willing to assist any way possibe. All of the staff was helpful during the process and the day of. Our... Read More maitre d always assured us (bride/groom) we were comfortable. The venue is picturesque, the food is FANTASTIC, and they make everything seamless. They know there business and they do everything to make sure that you dont need to worry. Aboslutely incredible staff and venue. Our day was perfect and people are still raving about the wedding. Thanks to Birchwood.

Vendor

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Corinne G

Lovely

wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 adriana k

I loved it. They are a very nice people and very easy to work with. Excellent service. Perfect for wedding events.

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 sneha s

The landscaping here is just gorgeous. You won't find many places in North Jersey with such beautiful grounds outdoors. We luckily had good weather and our ceremony was held outdoors in Gazebo. It was absolutely beautiful and very green. If it had to be moved indoors, however, I... Read More don't think it would have the same feel. This is very important to consider and a big risk I took. Not sure if I would take the same risk if I were to do it all over again. The main ballroom- while the chandeliers are gorgeous, the wallpaper is outdated and the chairs are also a little old looking. The Jefferson room is a little better as it has a nice mural on the walls. My reception was held in the main ballroom and we had blue LED up-lighting and chair covers to help with the issues but that's also additional expense. The bathrooms also need to be revamped. If the indoors had a makeover, this place would be perfect. My ceremony was far more beautiful than reception, despite the decor for both. I have to say, however, the staff here is great. Robert was very responsive and answered my millions of questions, particularly as the wedding date neared. Michael who is more of the "nuts and bolts" guy and will help with floor plans, etc. was also very helpful toward the end. I went to visit several times and they were very accommodating. On the day of my wedding, the staff was also attentive, particularly to myself (the bride) and groom. They made sure we were taken care of. I found myself feeling very tired at some point in the middle of the day (the ceremony was in the morning with a break in the middle of the day) and they brought me coffee and one of the staff members even drove to some store to get me red bull because I mentioned the coffee wasn't working! The maitr'd, Jason, was also great and very helpful. There was a fiasco with the cake vendor not showing up till very late and Birchwood's kitchen put together a last minute cake for us. My only qualm with this place is that they only give you a five hour window to have your party. It didn't feel like enough. They also won't split the open bar hours (i.e. have it be closed during entrances/speeches/etc). I suppose your wedding day will always feel too short regardless of the number of hours, though!

June 22, 2013 Wedding at Birchwood

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Renee O

My husband and I had our wedding at Birchwood Manor and the experience was impeccable. The staff at Birchwood was extremely accomodating and flexible, especially in my case since I had a cultural wedding. All of our guests were exceptionally impressed with the service the food... Read More (for both cocktail hour and dinner). I had the pleasure of working with Michael Marino, who from day one, made me feel comfortable in planning my wedding at Birchwood. He offered great suggestions to make the day run smoothly and anytime or anything I needed he was able to provide. Birchwood truly made our day the best day of our lives.

Wonderful Wedding and Fantastic Wedding Day Memories!

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 JOANN A

Our guests were raving about the service, the food, the beauty of Birchwood Manor at the wedding. During the wedding they were posting photos to FaceBook. After the wedding we had calls from so many of our guests to say it was the best wedding they had been to in years. We... Read More had a delightfully sunny day and were married in the West Gazebo - the weather was perfect for an outside ceremony. The fountains and flowers and the beautiful slate path and the gorgeous chairs made the ceremony quite spectacular. The cocktail hour, held in the garden room and out on the terrace, was fabulous. Servers passed hot hors d'oeuvres which were amazing. The receptions was in the ballroom - I can't wait to see the photographer's proofs - all the chandeliers and the mirrors - light was bouncing off the walls and made for some beautiful amateur photos. The food was superb - especially the shrimp/clams/lobster/oyster cart! The service was impeccable and our Maitre D' was so attentive to every detail. The wait staff couldn't do enough for everyone and the bartenders were great. It seemed as though Birchwood Manor's staff were enjoying their jobs as much as we were enjoying our day! I must rave about the food - we had a buffet with carving and pasta stations. The food was ***** (that is 5 stars)! My husband and I still feel as though we are on Cloud Nine - we can't stop talking about the wedding because we had so much fun and our guests had such a great day. WOW - What a great memorable day you gave us, Birchwood Manor!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Renee B

The service and food was absolutely fantastic! The Birchwood Manor made our dream wedding come true. Our guests were ranting and raving about how much and the quality of the food. The icing on the cake was..well..the cake! I had an idea in my head for a cake that I wasnt sure... Read More was going to come out because it was a more difficult concept. When I tried explaining my idea to other people, no one got it. The Birchwood's baker nailed it! It was a picture out of a magazine and better than anything I had ever dreamed it could be. Mike was so great to work with and the venue was totally flexible with us throughout the entire process. Would recommend!

Best Venue Ever

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Anoli M

I love love love the Birchwood! I worked with Robert during for the past 9 months and he couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. He's also a complete joy to work with and I miss him now that I'm not emailing him multiple times a day. The venue is gorgeous and the... Read More staff are fantastic. Everyone was so helpful the day of the wedding, which is exactly what you need as a bride! All my guests raved about the food and the elegance of the grand ballroom. I assure you, this place will not disappoint!

LOVE Birchwood Manor!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Stephanie B

LOVED THIS PLACE!!! The venue is absolutely beautiful and working with Robert was like working with someone from our family. He was wonderful and made sure that everything went smoothly. Jason and John were the Maitre D's and they didn't go more than 3 minutes without asking us... Read More if we were ok or needed anything. Everything was absolutely perfect thanks to them!!!!

Hands down best reception venue!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Andrea C

We visited Birchwood Manor on a recommendation from my parents who had been to weddings there. It was clearly the most economic choice from the places we visited, but there was something else. Robert, the Banquet Manager, made us immediately feel at home. Throughout the... Read More planning, Robert was priceless, making us feel special and important. That service continued to the day of the wedding. Our maitre'd, John was lovely and didn't miss a beat. The other servers were equally as conscientious. Besides that, the food was incredible! There was so much food at the cocktail hour and all of it was great. Dinner was equally tasty. They do your cake in house. We brought a bunch of pictures and explained to Robert what we wanted and we got exactly that. It was beautiful. I cannot speak highly enough of Birchwood Manor. The grounds also proved the perfect backdrop for our pictures.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 12/29/2011 Sheralyn R

When I was a little kid, I drove by this place with my dad. I told him I would definitely get married here. And, well, I did! I've received so many compliments about this place. Beautiful decor, good food, good people to work with.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Melanie D

We lucked out and were the only wedding and had the Jefferson Room for our 175 guests. The outdoor terrace for cocktail hour is beautiful. Food was amazing, everyone raved about it. The ballroom has high ceilings with chandeliers that really make it elegant. We worked with... Read More Robert, who I highly recomend requesting! If I could do it over, I wouldn't change a thing! LOVED it!

Birchwood Manor, The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/08/2010 s a

After visiting 17 other wedding venues. My search finally ended once I visited Birchwood Manor. From the very beginning and throughout, Banquet Sales Manager Michael Marino III was very professional, patient, efficient,and accommodating to all our needs and wishes. He did a... Read More superb job in making my wedding day (8/2010) such a special one. I'm still on cloud nine. Our Guests thoroughly enjoyed the day! and are still raving about the Birchwood, from the friendly staff who made each guest feel welcomed, to the fabulous food, stunning banquet room and beautiful grounds. My husband and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Birchwood Manor as the PERFECT wedding venue.