Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area

Keystone, CO

Book Your Wedding with Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area

A BALLROOM IN KEYSTONE, CO

Black Mountain Lodge, located in Dillon, Colorado, is one of Arapahoe Basin's premiere wedding venues. With the rugged and majestic mountain surroundings, the Black Mountain Lodge offers a distinctive ambience that can only happen at 11,550 feet elevation. Couples can plan ceremonies and receptions both inside the lodge and outdoors on the deck or patio.

Indoor Dining Room: The dining room will accommodate up to 200 guests. Vaulted ceilings with exposed timbers, rough stone elements and expansive windows set the tone for this simple, yet elegant, space.

Black Mountain Lodge Deck: The deck of the lodge is spacious enough to hold the ceremony and/or reception. With the Continental Divide as the backdrop and vivid wildflowers serving as the nuptial flowers, the decor is memorable and striking.

The professional event specialists at the Black Mountain Lodge give every event their personal attention and creative touches. An event manager is assigned to each wedding to take care of every detail. A special day-of coordinator also assumes all responsibility for the logistics of the rehearsal, ceremony and reception.

The venue provides couples with personalized accommodation cards to include in invitations. Couples also receive a custom-created web page with information about the event.

Wedding parties have use of the venue for one hour on the day before the event and five hours on the wedding day. The Black Mountain Lodge orchestrates the entire day of events, from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to dancing.

The facility provides an unusual mode of transportation for the wedding party and their guests. The Black Mountain Express lift can carry the bride for the processional or the couple can make a grand entrance on it for the reception. Photo opportunities abound with the Black Mountain Express lift. Imagine the totally original first look photos of the bride and the groom or of the full wedding party piled into the lift.

The event staff will set up all white padded chairs for the ceremony, as well as banquet tables and chairs for the reception. Tables are dressed in full linens and staff sets the tables with full table settings. Tables and linens will be provided for the guest book, gifts and cake as well.

Chef Christopher Rybak heads up the professional culinary team at Black Mountain Lodge. The culinary artists at the lodge focus their menu items on ingredients from local farms and vendors. Couples can choose from standard fare or they can work with the chef to create a completely customized menu. Culinary staff will provide cake-cutting service.

The event staff at the Black Mountain Lodge understand the importance of a couple's wedding day and they work diligently to manage every detail. Wedding parties can also enjoy some special enhancements and perks at the Black Mountain Lodge.

• Couples earn a complimentary stay in the bridal suite as guests book accommodations
  • Couples can also earn rebates toward salon services, cocktail hour and shuttle service with guest bookings
  • Guests get a 15 to 25 percent discount off lodging with a free breakfast

Legendary Surroundings, Unbelievable Charm

Nestled at the base of the Continental Divide’s splendid peaks sits Black Mountain Lodge, a place where breathtaking views and fine cuisine unite to make your day a memorable one. Arapahoe Basin’s Black Mountain Lodge is the perfect setting for your wedding or next function.

Ballroom, Restaurant

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

28194 US HWY 6, Keystone, CO (970) 513-5772

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Maura F

We were overjoyed to be married at A-Basin this past summer! Seriously, the best day ever. Meredith was a dream for a wedding coordinator throughout the entire process. Our Wedding Officiant accurately referred to her as the “Olivia Pope” of weddings. She answered all questions... Read More no matter how insignificant and responded to emails in a timely matter. The venue is amazing and we received so many compliments on the amazing food, the day-of staff, the chairlift ride, and the views. We even had friends decide to get married there this March! We had the wedding of our dreams and we cannot recommend Black Mountain Lodge enough! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jenny S

Black Mountain lodge is a magical place to get married. The views, food and staff are amazing. Meredith and Havila were supportive and responsive through the entire wedding process.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Elise P

Thank you to Meredith and all the A-Basin staff - our wedding was a dream!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Madeleine T

We LOVE ABasin, Meredith and Havila!! I grew up skiing at ABasin, and so it has always had a special place in my heart, but Meredith and Havila completely blew our expectations. I'm an event planner, so have high expectations for what I look for in vendors/venue/and staff, and... Read More Meredith and Havila completely went above and beyond. They were extremely quick to respond to my (many) emails, and were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We didn't get lucky with great weather the day of, but Meredith, Havila and the whole staff were incredible. Meredith watched radars, Havila directed guests to move the ceremony inside, the staff passed out ponchos as guests got on the chairlift, and my now husband and I had complete control on whether we moved the ceremony indoors, kept it outside, took the chairlift, or were driven up. The staff at ABasin made us feel extremely comfortable no matter what we decided. There couldn't be a more beautiful setting for a wedding, and a rainy chairlift ride made for a good story for our guests :) The vendors they recommended were INCREDIBLE, we couldn't have been happier with our shuttle company (Fresh Tracks), photographer (Ashleigh Miller), or musicians/DJ (Drew Reges). Overall, you will be extremely happy if you have your wedding at ABasin and will start your married life on a GREAT foot ;) THANK YOU to ABasin for creating and supporting the greatest event we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Mackenzie R

Getting married at A-basin was the experience of a life time. We received such great support from Meredith through the process from day one, and the staff day-of were amazing as well. It was an amazing experience for everyone, including amazing food, a fun chairlift ride, and... Read More a beautiful view. I tried to "shop" other places, and no place compared to A-basin in regards to value and beauty!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Tanya C

We are so happy we got married at BLM at A-Basin. It is truly a unique and memorable experience to get married where you ski. We are also excited that we are able to go back and enjoy the mountains and the delicious food again, unlike at other wedding venues. Meredith,... Read More Havila, and the staff at A-Basin are wonderful and very supportive and accommodating throughout the entire process. They are dedicated to making the wedding feel like your day, making sure we had drinks, food, and that everything was going accordingly to plan. We couldn't have asked to work with a more organized, professional, and compassionate group of individuals.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Nathaniel H

The venue is one of the best kept secrets in the Rockies. The view is spectacular! The staff and event coordinator were very helpful and easy to work with. The food was amazing too! Couldn't have picked a better venue for our special day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Tommy O

Great experience start to finish. Meredith and her team kept us updated in the year + we were working on our wedding. Meredith was great dealing with our PA and FL parents as we took them up for their first visit a year before the wedding date. You forget that people aren't... Read More used to that environment! In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Meredith was always available to us and worked through some minor issues with us with our attendee list. Rehearsal was super smooth and Meredith rolled with everything. Its easy to get stressed as the Bride and Groom and to see her not stressed was comforting. She clearly explained what needed to still happen between rehearsal and wedding and exactly when it needed to happen. If she didn't need to communicate with us, and could deal with a friend or vendor, she did. That helped removing additional stress. Day of was great. The venue was immaculate. The staff, doing I believe their 2nd wedding of the season was amazing. Thank you, Mary!!! The food was exactly as we requested and they dealt with some dietary restrictions with ease. Our vendors were in constant contact and everything was set up easily. I don't think we asked of anything out of the ordinary on the day of the wedding but it was nice to know that if we did, Meredith and Mary, and their teams would have bent over backwards to help us. We still have friends commenting on how amazing the venue and views were. What else can I say? The star rating is accurate, "Wow, the best ever!" We looked at other options the experience was really what was most important to us. BML checked off all the boxes and gave us a memory that will last for ever for the two of us and for all of our friends and family. I would recommend BML to anyone looking for a real mountain top wedding, and I'll gladly attend!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Michelle M

My wedding at A Basin was better than I ever could have imagined. My guests were blown away by the chairlift ride up to the lodge and by the views. Working with Meredith and the other A Basin staff was so easy and I really felt like they cared about making my day perfect.... Read More Meredith worked with us to make sure we got everything we wanted within our budget. For dinner went with the BBQ and people were coming up to me all night saying how good the food was. On the day of the wedding I felt like the A Basin staff really went above and beyond. They were highly organized and everything was right on time. The little details matter and A Basin has those covered. They even made sure to make me a plate of appetizers when I was too busy taking photos to eat. Wish I could relive my wedding day at A Basin over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Allison B

This venue is incredible. It is so remote, and has such spectacular scenery. Our guests were talking for months about what an amazing experience it was from the experience riding the chair lift to the food. We compared pricing to other mountain resorts and A Basin was much more... Read More affordable as well. I would have changed nothing about our big day.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie K

We had our dream wedding here at A-basin!! The ENTIRE staff was incredible helpful from day one! It made wedding planning easy, fun and stress-free. We truly appreciate the time, expertise, and assistance the staff showed throughout the process. Truly was the best day for us!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Monica T

There are not words to describe just how wonderful working with Meredith, Havila, and the team at Abasin was. The whole experience was flawless, easy, and fun! My husband (ah!) and I dreamed of riding a chairlift up to our wedding - at Abasin we got that and so much more! First... Read More - it's affordable (in wedding terms). They were very flexible with us to help cut costs on our food and drink menu, and provided a helpful payment plan. Second - it's tasteful! From the incredible food and the service (throughout planning and the day of) to the views and experience, everything exceeded our expectations and impressed our guests. Third - it's personal. Your wedding is the only wedding at Abasin that day. You can work on a custom table plan with your wedding planner and spend time setting up the venue just how you like. Meredith and Havila were very quick to answer emails and phone calls, and even called me to check in and see what I needed help with. They were very patient with my million and one questions and were always happy and helpful! Lastly - We truly had the wedding of our dreams and I cannot say enough great things about the venue and amazing staff. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Katrina H

Black Mountain Lodge was the most amazing venue a girl could ask for. We met up with Meredith twice during the year and 4 months of planning and I was at ease every single time. Throughout the time we were planning the wedding Meredith emailed me and answered all of my calls so... Read More quickly. We were able to customize our wedding to what we envisioned for our day. Throughout the day of my dream wedding Meredith kept everything running so smoothly, I did not have to stress at all. The second my ceremony was done and I walked back down the aisle and there was Meredith with my glass of champagne, a small detail I would never have thought about. The staff at A-Basin treated us like family and I cannot speak of them highly enough. If I had to do it all again I wouldn't change one thing about my wedding day. All of my friends and family could not look away from the amazing scenery and had nothing but good feedback about the food, chairlift, and staff. Book Black Mountain Lodge at A-Basin. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Katie H

To say that Meredith and Havila made our wedding at Black Mountain Lodge the best day of our lives would be an understatement. We knew without a shadow of a doubt that we wanted to get married a A-Bay, as it holds a special place in our hearts throughout the ski season. Through... Read More our planning process over the last year and some months -- Meredith and Havila emailed us, called us, and met with us several times to ensure all bases were covered and all of our needs were tended to. They were able to accommodate so many of our requests, truly allowing us to customize our event! Havila even attended our rehearsal dinner offsite in Keystone to ensure our bridal party was informed and prepared to take the ski lift up as a part of our "aisle". From Meredith and Havila, to the excellent food prepared by the tending Chef, to the lifties and waitstaff -- every person we came in contact with was pleasant and helpful. Now if only we could get married there all over again!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017

Wow! I don't even know where to begin. This whole year and a half journey of planning our wedding has been EFFORTLESS with the help of Meredith and the Black Mountain Lodge crew. We visited the venue and met with Meredith only twice during this time as we live sort of far, she... Read More was able to help us get everything most via email. The venue is TO DIE FOR. It is THE MOST BREATHTAKING views and you definitely get the most bang for your buck at this venue. The experience of riding up to the venue on the ski lift was the most memorable thing for our guests. The food was top notch and I got so many compliments from guests that it was the best wedding food they had had and the best wedding they had ever been to. I cannot say enough about Meredith- she made sure my dreams came true down to timing of music, working with us to decorate, and answering ALL of our questions. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to everyone wanting a true mountain experience. -Megan and Kane Hamilton

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Martina H

Great value for a truly unique venue. The setting is stunning on its own and does not require much in the way of decorations. Chris and his team did a great job with the meal. Alcohol selection was affordable. Meredith ran a tight ship from start to finish and was a huge... Read More help to me as I started panicking closer to the date. I cannot speak more highly of the entire A-Basin staff.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Joshua L

The venue was the right price and the scenery was amazing. Definitely a better value than anything else we looked at. Having them provide everything except music was so convenient and reduced a lot of stress. Meredith was probably the most amazing part of the package as she made... Read More everything easy and fun!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 kalli o

Truly the best day of our life! Everything about Black Mountain Lodge was out of this world. From the majestic views, incredible food, and wonderful staff, ABasin truly delivers a 'legendary' experience;) Our guests raved about the unique setting, loved the chairlift, the staff... Read More was warm and attentive, and the food was truly amazing! From the very beginning Meredith made us feel so well taken care of. She was professional, engaging and patient with us through our decision making process, we can't thank her enough! Chef Chris Rybak prepped an incredible menu, and his staff executed it perfectly. The serving staff made us feel so well taken care of...amazing. If you're looking for a true mountain experience, this is your place.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Ashleigh P

We held our wedding at the Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin last week and had an absolutely amazing experience. Meredith, Chris, and the team are true professionals that know what it takes to make your special day work. They were flexible, caring, and patient throughout... Read More the process and helped us create a day that none of our guests will ever forget. The location is gorgeous, the food is sublime, and the staff were helpful and gracious. I would highly recommend Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin to anyone that is looking for a mountain wedding location. This venue is a hidden gem compared to all of the other big resorts. Huge thank you to Meredith for all of her hard work and for helping to make our wedding unforgettable and perfect!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

The setting is storybook. The bride dazzling. Everything a wedding should be for a young woman we have loved and watched grow up. Staff exceeded our every expectation. Thirty days prior to the wedding I contacted Meredith regarding what I perceived to be insurmountable health... Read More issues. Much to my delight Meredith responded quickly with many helpful suggestions. The day of the wedding Steffany along with many staff members made a van full of challenged seniors feel comfortable and welcome. All this while managing inclement weather, guests from sea level and family pet.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Katrina S

It was absolutely perfect to have our wedding at Arapahoe Basin! It was so much fun and Meredith, along with the rest of the staff, did an AMAZING job! Wow!!! They work miracles and have the details nailed down to the second! EXCELLENT work!!! A Basin is our home and it was... Read More perfect to get to share it with all of our friends and family without having to worry about a thing!

Absolutely Stunning Venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Cassandra H

I cannot say enough great things about having my wedding at Arapahoe Basin. It has the most beautiful mountain backdrop because of its location, everyone gets to ride a chairlift up (which is a huge deal for those who have family all over the states), and your wedding is the... Read More ONLY WEDDING that day!! Not to mention the best star viewing on the chairlift down at the end of the reception. Meredith is also an amazing coordinator, she handles all your questions and concerns from day one and takes a lot of the stress off the couple. Perfect venue for those who love the outdoors and want something a little more intimate and special.

Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kelly S

We were married at the Black Mountain Lodge at A Basin in July 2015 and highly recommend it! From the very beginning, working with Meredith and her crew was easy and all of our questions were answered in a timely manner. As the wedding approached, Meredith was extremely helpful... Read More in working out the logistics and enduring us that she would make sure everything ran smoothly - and it did! My husband and I love to ski at A Basin, so the location was personal to us. For all of our out of town family and friends, the mountains were breathtaking and it was so much fun to ride the chairlift up to the venue and back down at the end of the night. There was also alternate transportation for elderly guests. The food was awesome- we did tacos and it was a hit! Another fun part of getting married at A basin is that your "tasting" is getting to go for free to one of their snowshoe dinners- which are so much fun! The scenery, food, efficiency and friendliness of the staff, and perfect amount of space at the venue for dancing all contributed to an amazing night. So many guests have told us that this was the most unique, beautiful and fun wedding they've ever been too and I couldn't agree more as the bride :)

Amazing mountain venue- can't recommend enough

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Anna P

Black Mountain Lodge was an amazing place to have a wedding. Unlike other venues everything takes place at the top of the mountain which is a beautiful setting and you're not busy avoiding other weddings on the same day. The staff and especially Meredith are amazing and so... Read More professional. We loved every minute of our wedding. The actual fee to book the place is extraordinarily affordable at only $3000. The food and booze can add up quickly but Meredith is great and honest about helping you stay within a budget and make the day work for you and what you want. There are options for all budgets big and small in terms of food and alcohol. Can't recommend this place enough!

Unbeatable setting and great service

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Sara Jane D

If you are considering getting married here it is likely because of the breathtaking views and 'cool factor' of riding the lift up. The backdrop made our pictures amazing and all the guests loved the chairlift ride, especially the trip back down at night. What really was the... Read More icing on the cake for us though was the great service. It started with Meredith who was the perfect combination of being laid back but also being very on top of EVERYTHING. She was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. The food was great (especially for the price) and the service was very good. Just a couple of words of caution. First, do not underestimate the effect of the altitude on out of town guests. We had many that did not do so well and wished we had thought about an oxygen bar or oxygen tanks. Second, make sure you are aware that CO law prohibits brining beer home after the wedding. We were short of the minimum and decided to make it up with extra beer that we thought we could bring home, but this turned out not to be the case. All in all though it was a fantastic experience and we highly recommend it. You simply cannot do better if you want a unique mountain wedding.