Black Tie Productions-DJ, PhotoBooth, Uplighting & more

Serving Mid-Michigan

Black Tie Production- DJ, Photo Booth & Uplighting

Married! You are getting married! For over 35 years Black Tie Productions has understood how much your special day means to you and everyone involved. We aim to make it nothing short of perfect. And we set ourselves the target of exceeding your expectations. So dream and dream big! Let us put our vast experience to use by offering Disc Jockey Entertainment, Photo Booth Rentals and Room Up-lighting and more. Bundling discounts can save you huge! Check out our hundreds of online reviews and at our website you can get an instant price quote and even feel free call or text if needed. (We actually have a real office with a full time office staff available 10am-10pm 7 days a week.) We hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Craig and the crew - Your Event Heros!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Olivia R

We are so happy with our decision to use Black Tie Productions for our wedding. They offered us music for our ceremony as well as their sound system for the officiant. We also booked them for DJ and Photobooth, both exceeded our expectations. Tony Coggins was our DJ and he was... Read More great. He's friendly, and cared about our whole wedding party. He checked on us during photos and dinner to get us drinks and such. Black Tie Productions is very detail oriented and made our wedding a fun time. We defiantly got what we paid for and we would highly recommend them!

Organized and Fun!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Chelsea C

Our DJ, Tim was so great to work with before and during the wedding and reception. He made sure to move things along, but not make us feel rushed. He did everything that we discussed. Everyone had fun and danced throughout the night thanks to his music selections!! Also, working... Read More with the office leading up to the event was great. They were flexible and understanding even when I changed my mind! The uplighting was beautiful and we are glad that we chose to have it.

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Taylor H

I have 2 words to describe this company. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING You would've thought that the DJ was my wedding planner. All through the night he kept coming down and asking me if I needed anything. Would do anything to make sure me and my husband were good. Couldn't have... Read More imagined our wedding with any other company. Highly recommend. We did the Dj, Photo Booth, and the uplighting

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alisha B

Our DJ was Tomás and he listened to what we really wanted leading up to the event and the day of. He was easily accessible if we changed our minds or had a question. He kept people on the dance floor and kept our activities moving regardless of other situations that were out of... Read More his hands. We would recommend using this company again to anybody. They were also very affordable and had a great set up with how they handled business.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsey M

They were excellent. I purchased the DJ, uplighting and photo booth package and was very pleased with it all!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Rebecca H

DJ Stixx played the exact styles of music that we wanted. Insured that all of our needs were met.

Bride- Sheila Thorn

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Sheila T

DJ - Tomas, meet with me before the wedding date, mapped out a plan, took notes, asked question, made a few positive well taken suggestions!! People are still talking about our wedding and reception. We also hired them Photo Booth and uplighting. Great Job!!! Sincerely - a... Read More very happy Bride Sheila Thorn

Low Price - Great Great Service

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kelly M

Can we just start this by saying that for the Price you pay, you get one of the best Dj's in the Business. Our Dj Tony was unforgettable and really worked hard to keep everyone happy! From helping us make subtle changes throughout the night to working with our Elvis Impersonator... Read More (yes, I said Elvis) to make sure that the flow was Fabulous. These guys are not expensive, but they aren't someone that is operating with old equipment just trying to make a dime. They are professional, and have as much fun that you and your guests allow. If they play a song that doesn't motivate the dance floor, they change it. If you want to keep a certain type of music or song from playing, they do that. They do what you want, and what they know will help make the night go perfect. So if you are debating, don't. These guys are fabulous!

Best DJ and Photobooth around

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Alexandra C

I cannot explain how grateful I am for Tony, Dan, and Black Tie for making my wedding unimaginably high energy and fun! But I'm going to try to. :) I used Black Tie's DJ services, Photo booth services, and uplighting. I was NOT disappointed! My DJ kept the energy up all night... Read More and lead the reception so it ran smoothly. Tony Coggins was the BEST DJ I could ask for! He really knows how to read the dancers to find the best music to keep everyone dancing! Dan was our photobooth guy; yes, the photobooth services comes with a photobooth attendant! He was there to make sure that everyone had fun and gave every single person that was in the photo booth a copy of their pictures. NOT JUST 2 STRIPS OF PHOTOS, PEOPLE! So if 8 people went in, 9 were made because you, as the bride&groom, get your own book with everyone's photobooth pictures. The guests can even write in their own message. In addition to everyone getting a picture include us (the bride and groom), Black Tie gives you a flash drive of all of the pictures from the entire night on the night of your event. So after my wedding, we left the venue with a book of our guest's photobooth pictures and a flash drive with everyone's pictures! Lastly, the uplighting was gorgeous and really tied in the feel from our venue and design. Please consider this company when making your wedding decisions as my wedding would not have been the same without them. Thank you so much guys! Keep doing what you're doing! :)

Great Dj and Photobooth

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 James C

We used black tie production for both the Dj (Tim) and his wife also works for the company and did our photobooth. They were great to work with!

Energetic and Fun DJ!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Amber C

Tony Mills was our DJ for the day. He was very friendly and helped keep us on schedule with things going on throughout the reception. Right from the get go he had the dance floor packed and it remained that way until it was time to go. I cannot imagine our day with a different... Read More DJ; It would not have been the same. He truly went above and beyond to make sure our reception was fun. The lighting, the dance floor logo, the music, everything was perfection! A lot of guests still talk about how awesome he was. If my friends or family ever need to book a DJ, we know exactly who we will be calling.

Great Service and Enthusiastic DJ

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Danielle S

From the moment we met these guys (and the guy the was our dj) we were excited. When we told them where we were getting married, Tony was ecstatic and super excited and was extremely honored that we chose him as our DJ. He was professional and courteous. ON our ceremony... Read More day, he had some car trouble. He gave me a call to let me know not to worry and that he had a back up vehicle on the way. He never missed a beat. During the reception, he was there for us. He kept things moving, the music was great, he kept things exciting (unlike some other weddings we've been to) and over all, he was just excited to be there....and it showed. We would definitely recommend Black Tie to anyone.

DJ Made The Reception Proceed Smoothly

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 angela w

After doing our research and calling people friends suggested, we chose this company to DJ our wedding in August. Tim was our DJ and he was stellar. He made the reception a huge success by coordinating and touching base with everyone necessary. The setup is quite easy and took a... Read More lot of the stress off our shoulders. Tim's expertise in music kept the dance floor full all night long. I didn't think that was possible but we had every age group out there shaking it. We also rented the photobooth and it was very professional. People were lined up to use it all night. We had a ton of pictures that we cherish. Tons of fun for everyone. Best choice we could have made.

Great Customer Service & Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Ashley T

We used black tie for our wedding on July 19th, 2014 - our DJ was Tomas and he was truly exceptional. Black tie provided the background music while guests were arriving for the ceremony, mics for the ceremony, and then music for the entire reception. During the reception Tomas... Read More took charge and made sure everything flowed together seamlessly from the dances to dinner to the cake cutting - it was great to just be able to relax and know he had it all under control. He would also come by and make sure our glasses were full which we very much appreciated! I planned our wedding remotely from Chicago and Black Tie offers a very convenient online planning form for the reception and ceremony. A few weeks leading up to the big day Tomas made a few phone calls and we discussed the plan step by step. He was very detail oriented and made sure he had all his bases covered which gave me a great peace of mind knowing he had it all under control. He played some great music, made sure everyone was having a good time, and stuck to my play/do not play lists all night while also taking requests from my guests. We had a great experience all around with Black Tie (and Tomas) and very highly recommend their DJ services!

DJ Services

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Bridget M

I used Black Tie Productions for my DJ and Uplighting services for my wedding. The DJ I had was Tomas. He was really great, everything you would want in a DJ. He got the party started and kept the reception flowing. We talked on the phone before the reception so he know exactly... Read More what I wanted. In my opinion, Black Tie is pretty cheap for there service. They do a great good.

Danced ALL night long!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Christine C

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!! The dance floor was never empty.. guests had a great time :) Tony was awesome.. we have recommended this company to many of our friends for their upcoming weddings

Amazing service! Even better value!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Karla F

My Dj was amazing, kept the guest on the dance floor all night!

PLEASE READ: What an experience...

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Brianna H

Many party-goers have the preconceived notion that the DJ and bartender can “make or break” the event they are attending. We will go on record that Black Tie Productions does not fit that cliché, they do it so well that “making the party” doesn’t do them justice. For our wedding... Read More we utilized their DJ service, bartenders, photo booth as well as the up lighting and monogram. We am so glad we worked with them for our wedding and they did a fantastic job. Our DJ (Craig) was absolutely awesome and set everything up for us. The DJ service speaks for itself really. We cannot begin to explain how well our DJ orchestrated our reception. Every detail was taken care of with meticulous attention from our introduction as a couple (and the wedding party) to which songs to play at key times to keep the flow going, and on occasion, slow it down to keep the crowd under control (*insert rowdy excited cousins names here*). We have been to many receptions and parties where the DJ did little to encourage crowd participation. Craig Center was right in the thick of things getting people excited. The bartenders were awesome too. We have used them before for other events and knew well in advance how professional and courteous they are. There really is no match to their level of service. Without going into too much detail, they actually made a run to a store for us when we ran out of a few key ingredients and never said a word about it. (by the way, when Black Tie provides the ‘guide’ for how much to have for your expected crowd, follow it! We should have listened, they are the professionals). Up-lighting! This saved us so much time and money that we would have spent on decorations instead. The lighting was perfect, the colors were set by us and they even had effects that kept the guests excited throughout the entire evening. We would have wasted so much time money decorating the walls for a dimly lit room when the lighting did the job perfectly. This was a great investment that saved many headaches from shopping and comparing colors decorations for endless hours that just get thrown away anyway. We were hesitant on buying a few things because, as many will realize early on, prices add up quickly over the entire spectrum of a party/event. We almost decided against using the photo-booth for our reception and are so unbelievably happy that we used it anyway. It is, by far, the most uniformly talked about thing from our wedding. Guests from our wedding share their stories of the pictures they took (each keeping a copy for themselves by the way) and tell us they will never forget the memory. We got a copy of each photo strip they took as well and look at them frequently. The photo strips get us laughing every single time and are a great album to have for reminiscing the entire day. Wedding pictures are nice but these are priceless!!! There will also be a few people that beg to get their pictures back, don’t give in, these are great for blackmail in the future. Don’t forget about the monogram! So cool! Our dance floor was lit by our monogram of our newly shared name and date of the wedding. We were able to customize what we wanted for the monogram to display and had the option of adding colors for added effect. The monogram was a constant reminder of what everyone was there to celebrate. It is amazing in many of the wedding pictures too.

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Autumn M

I had DJ Tony Mills for my wedding and he was amazing! He kept the party going until last call! The wedding next door to ours kept trying to join our party it was so great! He listened to all my requests and honored each and every one. He also made sure I was ready for all the... Read More "traditions" and waited until my okay to start each one. He also honored my guests' requests and they were all raving about how they didn't want to stop dancing all night long! If you don't want your wedding to "die," consider Tony for your reception!

May 18th, 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Carrie L

Black Tie Productions is a class act and we loved everything they did for the wedding. We used them for DJ, uplighting and photo booth. Craig, Tomas and Michael were all very professional and did a wonderful job. Our guests are still talking about how great the music... Read More selection was throughout the reception. The photo booth was the best money we spent - everyone had such a great time using it and we got some fantastic, fun pictures to remember our guests and the night!

THE BEST!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Bianca K

I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my wedding day. We were able to get ceremony music, DJ, lighting, and photo booth for under $2000. The DJ was awesome, funny and attentive. He actually helped us to stay on track at the reception because we kept getting sucked... Read More in by the guests, it was appreciated. The attendant for the photo booth was incredible, she was really helpful! They were super easy to work with. They are truly about the customer and I will be recommending them to anyone who is hosting an event. They listened to what I wanted and didn't push to add more things to the bill. They really just want to make the customer happy. It says a lot about their priorities. They are the best!

Best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Somer M

We had a vintage theme wedding and our venue STRONGLY suggested Black Tie Productions. I was very hesitant at first without hearing them, but we did end up booking them. Boy was I lucky! I got one of the best! (His name is Tony, but there are a few Tonys there)He fit in... Read More perfectly with our personalities! He was warm and fuzzy, down to earth and kind. Very genuine, he did such an amazing job, I cannot thank him enough! He even put on a vintage suit for us! He was AMAZING! Always right there to help AT THE RECEPTION! Couldn't have asked for a better guy! Highly recommend him! He played all the music we asked for and did everything he could to make our day special. Wish I could give him 10 stars!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Katie J

We used Black Tie Productions for our DJ for our wedding. Our DJ, Tony Coggins, was great! He was at the location 2 hours before the ceremony, was set up and ready to go promptly. He offered to refill our champagne glasses throughout dinner, which was great! A couple of... Read More things we wanted to comment on: during dinner, we asked him to play light cocktail music (Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, etc,) but that is about all he played, a friend of ours counted that he played the same Frank Sinatra song 4 times. Also, for about the first hour, mixed in with the normal events (garter toss, first dances, etc), he played a lot of older songs, which we wanted more songs to keep the dance floor going. However, after the first hour or so, everything was great! He played most of our requests and kept the party going all night.

Accomadating!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Abbie C

We used Black Tie Productions as just our DJ. He was very accomdating to our schedule of the night! The DJ was very professional and played all the music we wanted and did not want. He kept people on the dance floor all night, including my husband and I!

my dj took care of business

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Koula C

Our dj was great orchaestrated the entire wedding reception for us seamlessly. had everybody on the floor dancing too!

Craig

Your Wedding Hero is waiting!