Black Tie Productions-DJ, PhotoBooth, Uplighting & more

Serving Mid-Michigan

Black Tie Production- DJ, Photo Booth & Uplighting

Married! You are getting married! Just voted "Best Entertainment Provider of Michigan 2017" For over 35 years Black Tie Productions has understood how much your special day means to you and everyone involved. We aim to make it nothing short of perfect. And we set ourselves the target of exceeding your expectations. So dream and dream big! Offering Disc Jockey Entertainment, Photo Booth Rentals and Room Up-lighting and more. Bundling discounts can save you huge! Check out our hundreds of online reviews and at our website you can get an instant price quote and even feel free call or text if needed. (We actually have a real office with a full time office staff available 10am-10pm 7 days a week.) We hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Craig and the crew - Your Event Hero's

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Olivia R

We are so happy with our decision to use Black Tie Productions for our wedding. They offered us music for our ceremony as well as their sound system for the officiant. We also booked them for DJ and Photobooth, both exceeded our expectations. Tony Coggins was our DJ and he was... Read More great. He's friendly, and cared about our whole wedding party. He checked on us during photos and dinner to get us drinks and such. Black Tie Productions is very detail oriented and made our wedding a fun time. We defiantly got what we paid for and we would highly recommend them!

Organized and Fun!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Chelsea C

Our DJ, Tim was so great to work with before and during the wedding and reception. He made sure to move things along, but not make us feel rushed. He did everything that we discussed. Everyone had fun and danced throughout the night thanks to his music selections!! Also, working... Read More with the office leading up to the event was great. They were flexible and understanding even when I changed my mind! The uplighting was beautiful and we are glad that we chose to have it.

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Taylor H

I have 2 words to describe this company. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING You would've thought that the DJ was my wedding planner. All through the night he kept coming down and asking me if I needed anything. Would do anything to make sure me and my husband were good. Couldn't have... Read More imagined our wedding with any other company. Highly recommend. We did the Dj, Photo Booth, and the uplighting

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jessica H

Not as gay friendly as they want you to believe they are. Our wedding was not taken seriously. When we sent our 6 pages of mistakes and stressful moments about the service to the owner he offered us a fraction of a refund in exchange for a non disclosure agreement and no... Read More reviews, which obviously we did not accept because we would like to get out that gay couples should steer away from this company. If you are thinking about using them I would recommend a preloaded ipod and a charismatic family member for those few special moments. Not only will you save $2300+ but you will also save stress. Every, and yes I mean every, little event of our night came with an issue because of the DJ service. We were interrupted minutes before the ceremony, our last minutes together while waiting for our signal to walk, because our DJ, Mike, didn't know what music to play for the ceremony. WHAT?? The ceremony is about to start and our people are lined up to walk, we went over it, its on the form, and you have a preloaded CD from your company with the songs on it and he still didn't know and still didn't start the exit song where he was supposed to. We were held up for the grand entrance, pushing food service back and the rest of the night back, because DJ didn't have the list of names of our bridal party with him so he is scrambling trying to get names as we are standing waiting to enter. Our first dance was botched as he started the song before we were even out there, he did not announce the people he was supposed to join so some people were out there on the floor without their dates-embarrassing! He stood in front of us during cake cutting making it hard for others to see. He mispronounced our last name every time. He used the wrong name for her dad. He told us we can't do our bouquet/bridal toss as we were out there with 30+ people and the music was playing so my wife took over. You don't do those things. We were scrambling or trying to recover or inconvenienced by our DJ at every little event. That doesn't even get in to things said to guests and their complaints, playing music on the do not play list, and not being able to get people on the floor dancing. Botched every special moment and made them chaotic and stressful. This is what happens when the DJ is not prepared and doesn't care about your day. If you do decide to use them I urge you to bring a printed copy of the ceremony and reception sheet that you spent hours on perfecting with details because they won't have it and will just be winging the night. You can't get your special day back and this company did not take our day seriously, but they took are money seriously. It was a joke to them but not to our 176 guests and my bride and myself. I would also recommend not going in the first meeting too nice. You'll be walked over. Mostly for gay couples, DO NOT use this service they won't value your wedding. You deserve better. You don't have to believe in gay marriage, but to front that you do to get business and then not perform is not acceptable. We even went through the company's forms with them, at their request, to help make them more universal and to attract gay/lesbian couples and make them comfortable. Silly us. We got used and taken advantage of. This service did not perform the quality service they claimed to have. Very much a let down and it will sting every anniversary to know most of the stress of our day was DJ related due to not caring about our day. We cared. We deserved better.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Heather G

Tony did an amazing job for us on our wedding day. The dance floor was packed the ENTIRE ceremony and we had the absolute best party & night of our lives because of it. He was so genuinely nice & fun. He even drove some of my guests back to the hotel-who does that? How awesome!... Read More He was great when we ran short on time, by helping us adjust and change some things we had planned on doing. He really did a wonderful job and we were so happy to have him.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Chris was awesome! He was very attentive and the reception went very smooth. He kept it going all night. He always made sure the bride and groom were taken care of. He also came to me through out the night (mother of the bride). He was great!! I would recommend them.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Elizabeth K

Five stars are not enough! Black Tie was phenomenal from start to finish. Chris Monroe was our DJ and without him I don't want to think what my day would have been like. He made the entire event flawless. He was incredibly professional and thought of everything. Thank you Craig... Read More and Chris for making our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Nikkie J

Mike was amazing. So polite, so kind, and an amazing dj!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Kristen C

So we hired black tie because of their 5 star rating. I am sad to say we did not have anywhere near a 5 star experience with the DJ they sent us. We spoke with Craig, the owner, multiple times about 4 months in advance for our wedding hoping to meet some of the DJs so we could... Read More choose the right fit for us. We were told he would pick someone for us and they would meet with us 10-15 days before the wedding. We agreed because after asking multiple times, it just wasn't worth the effort anymore. We met with our dj the week before our wedding and had filled out black ties online form. Specifically the problems we had: we said in bold"NO COUNTRY AT ALL" multiple times on our form. We spoke with Tim the day we met for >10 min about not wanting country and that our best man would request country. We even had to go as far as giving the dj a line to tell people because he was acting so strange about no country. We asked him to tell guests "the groom has requested no country" BC he wasn't comfortable with not playing their requests. During our reception, we went outside for sunset pictures and come back to him playing 5 songs in a row of country! He was up there singing along! I finally had to go up and say "no country" and instead of being professional and saying sorry, he argued with me, the bride!! He said "well people are requesting it" and pointed at the best man! Seriously the exact situation we prepped him for and he argued with me! Then followed me on the dance floor minutes later and asked "are you mad at me?" So weird! Unfortunately this is not the worst thing he did to us. On my form, I wanted to do a dollar dance. My parents are traditional and I wanted one as well. At our meeting before the wedding he continuously tried to talk us out of doing one saying things like: "nobody does them anymore" "they take 45 min and waste your time" "nobody carries cash" "I spend all my time trying to get people in line". I'm not sure why this dj felt the need to push his distaste for the dollar dance on us so strongly but it was so bad that he asked me to think it over and text him later that night if we still wanted to do it. I decided I would stick to my wishes and have one but decided to negotiate and stop it after 20 min since he was so adamant about how terrible they were. I texted him that night with my request saying I discussed with my parents and we all wanted it. So, in the middle of my receltion he comes up to me and says "so, are you sure you really want to do that dollar dance? I think it's a really bad idea but I'll do it if you want". Again, I said yes I wamt the dollar dance after we go outside for sunset pictures. I finally get outside and he had talked to my husband after me amd told him "I guarantee if we do the dollar dance it will clear the dance floor" he convinced my husband NOT to do the dollar dance I had already told him 3+ Times to do. The dj did NOT want to do that dollar dance and he finally succeeded. We walk inside to an empty dance floor and non stop country. After I yelled at him to stop playing country, my dance floor was back to be full again. Seriously worst dj experience and I'm sorry but I do not recommend black tie because they will not give you an opportunity to pick your own dj if you do not know your options before signing with them. Horrible experience for $2000 and not worth top dollar. Will be speaking with owner Craig and will re-evaluate if he makes this right with partial refund

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Alex D

Dj Tony Coggins was absolutely outstanding. He was extremely friendly, easy to work with, and paid attention to detail to make our night perfect. He is an absolute professional and I would and will refer him to anyone looking for a Dj. His choice of music was perfect and we had... Read More people dancing all night long. Tony is an outstanding person and makes sure the bride and groom are taken care of all evening long. I cannot say enough good things about Dj Tony Coggins and if you re looking to have the perfect celebration then you need Dj Tony Coggins at your event.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Dana L

Tony is the MAN!! He had an answer for everything and made our night flow perfectly! When asking us if he could get us anything, my sister(moh) jokingly says Tacos! In 20 mins we had 24 tacos brought to us!!! We were beyond words for the level of excellence he brought! Thank you... Read More Tony and Black Tie Productions!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alisha B

Our DJ was Tomás and he listened to what we really wanted leading up to the event and the day of. He was easily accessible if we changed our minds or had a question. He kept people on the dance floor and kept our activities moving regardless of other situations that were out of... Read More his hands. We would recommend using this company again to anybody. They were also very affordable and had a great set up with how they handled business.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsey M

They were excellent. I purchased the DJ, uplighting and photo booth package and was very pleased with it all!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Rebecca H

DJ Stixx played the exact styles of music that we wanted. Insured that all of our needs were met.

Bride- Sheila Thorn

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Sheila T

DJ - Tomas, meet with me before the wedding date, mapped out a plan, took notes, asked question, made a few positive well taken suggestions!! People are still talking about our wedding and reception. We also hired them Photo Booth and uplighting. Great Job!!! Sincerely - a... Read More very happy Bride Sheila Thorn

Low Price - Great Great Service

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kelly M

Can we just start this by saying that for the Price you pay, you get one of the best Dj's in the Business. Our Dj Tony was unforgettable and really worked hard to keep everyone happy! From helping us make subtle changes throughout the night to working with our Elvis Impersonator... Read More (yes, I said Elvis) to make sure that the flow was Fabulous. These guys are not expensive, but they aren't someone that is operating with old equipment just trying to make a dime. They are professional, and have as much fun that you and your guests allow. If they play a song that doesn't motivate the dance floor, they change it. If you want to keep a certain type of music or song from playing, they do that. They do what you want, and what they know will help make the night go perfect. So if you are debating, don't. These guys are fabulous!

Best DJ and Photobooth around

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Alexandra C

I cannot explain how grateful I am for Tony, Dan, and Black Tie for making my wedding unimaginably high energy and fun! But I'm going to try to. :) I used Black Tie's DJ services, Photo booth services, and uplighting. I was NOT disappointed! My DJ kept the energy up all night... Read More and lead the reception so it ran smoothly. Tony Coggins was the BEST DJ I could ask for! He really knows how to read the dancers to find the best music to keep everyone dancing! Dan was our photobooth guy; yes, the photobooth services comes with a photobooth attendant! He was there to make sure that everyone had fun and gave every single person that was in the photo booth a copy of their pictures. NOT JUST 2 STRIPS OF PHOTOS, PEOPLE! So if 8 people went in, 9 were made because you, as the bride&groom, get your own book with everyone's photobooth pictures. The guests can even write in their own message. In addition to everyone getting a picture include us (the bride and groom), Black Tie gives you a flash drive of all of the pictures from the entire night on the night of your event. So after my wedding, we left the venue with a book of our guest's photobooth pictures and a flash drive with everyone's pictures! Lastly, the uplighting was gorgeous and really tied in the feel from our venue and design. Please consider this company when making your wedding decisions as my wedding would not have been the same without them. Thank you so much guys! Keep doing what you're doing! :)

Great Dj and Photobooth

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 James C

We used black tie production for both the Dj (Tim) and his wife also works for the company and did our photobooth. They were great to work with!

Energetic and Fun DJ!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Amber C

Tony Mills was our DJ for the day. He was very friendly and helped keep us on schedule with things going on throughout the reception. Right from the get go he had the dance floor packed and it remained that way until it was time to go. I cannot imagine our day with a different... Read More DJ; It would not have been the same. He truly went above and beyond to make sure our reception was fun. The lighting, the dance floor logo, the music, everything was perfection! A lot of guests still talk about how awesome he was. If my friends or family ever need to book a DJ, we know exactly who we will be calling.

Great Service and Enthusiastic DJ

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Danielle S

From the moment we met these guys (and the guy the was our dj) we were excited. When we told them where we were getting married, Tony was ecstatic and super excited and was extremely honored that we chose him as our DJ. He was professional and courteous. ON our ceremony... Read More day, he had some car trouble. He gave me a call to let me know not to worry and that he had a back up vehicle on the way. He never missed a beat. During the reception, he was there for us. He kept things moving, the music was great, he kept things exciting (unlike some other weddings we've been to) and over all, he was just excited to be there....and it showed. We would definitely recommend Black Tie to anyone.

DJ Made The Reception Proceed Smoothly

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 angela w

After doing our research and calling people friends suggested, we chose this company to DJ our wedding in August. Tim was our DJ and he was stellar. He made the reception a huge success by coordinating and touching base with everyone necessary. The setup is quite easy and took a... Read More lot of the stress off our shoulders. Tim's expertise in music kept the dance floor full all night long. I didn't think that was possible but we had every age group out there shaking it. We also rented the photobooth and it was very professional. People were lined up to use it all night. We had a ton of pictures that we cherish. Tons of fun for everyone. Best choice we could have made.

Great Customer Service & Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Ashley T

We used black tie for our wedding on July 19th, 2014 - our DJ was Tomas and he was truly exceptional. Black tie provided the background music while guests were arriving for the ceremony, mics for the ceremony, and then music for the entire reception. During the reception Tomas... Read More took charge and made sure everything flowed together seamlessly from the dances to dinner to the cake cutting - it was great to just be able to relax and know he had it all under control. He would also come by and make sure our glasses were full which we very much appreciated! I planned our wedding remotely from Chicago and Black Tie offers a very convenient online planning form for the reception and ceremony. A few weeks leading up to the big day Tomas made a few phone calls and we discussed the plan step by step. He was very detail oriented and made sure he had all his bases covered which gave me a great peace of mind knowing he had it all under control. He played some great music, made sure everyone was having a good time, and stuck to my play/do not play lists all night while also taking requests from my guests. We had a great experience all around with Black Tie (and Tomas) and very highly recommend their DJ services!

DJ Services

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Bridget M

I used Black Tie Productions for my DJ and Uplighting services for my wedding. The DJ I had was Tomas. He was really great, everything you would want in a DJ. He got the party started and kept the reception flowing. We talked on the phone before the reception so he know exactly... Read More what I wanted. In my opinion, Black Tie is pretty cheap for there service. They do a great good.

Danced ALL night long!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Christine C

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!! The dance floor was never empty.. guests had a great time :) Tony was awesome.. we have recommended this company to many of our friends for their upcoming weddings

Amazing service! Even better value!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Karla F

My Dj was amazing, kept the guest on the dance floor all night!

Craig

Your Wedding Hero is waiting!