Blackbird Floral

Serving Austin & Surrounding Area

Natural Beauty

We create gorgeous, inspired floral design. Our wedding work is a pairing of your vision and ideas, with our nature inspired aesthetic. The style is well contemplated yet spontaneous. We love wild, lush, textured designs and offer vintage and modern rental containers to complete the look.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Serving Austin & Surrounding Area

Fabulous through and through

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Akiko N

First time I met with Lea, I knew I was going to be in good hands. I came in with an idea and visuals of what I wanted, and she knew just what I was after. (It's only right that the bride be clear about what she wants but also leave room for the expert to do what they do!) It' a... Read More fabulous thing, when your vendor just gets your vision. Working with her was great. She's very responsive and involved, yet managed it all with minimal back and forth. The final output? Exactly what I wanted in terms of flower assortment, volume, and look and feel. She nailed it, couldn't be happier. All of this, at a very reasonable cost. Of all my wedding vendors, Blackbird Floral was one of my favorites. I'm quite particular with design elements, but Blackbird is highly recommended!

The most beautiful flowers ever!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jessica F

Lea is truly an artist. Blackbird Floral designed the arrangements for my September wedding at Mercury Hall. Upon meeting Lea, I could instantly tell she is passionate about her work. She took the time to really understand the feel of my event and artfully crafted to most... Read More incredible arrangements . She perfectly captured the personality of our colorful event. I appreciated Lea's honest and sculptural approach. She know what works. The flowers were hands down my favorite wedding detail. Lea is now working with my sister on her spring wedding. I can't wait to see her capture such different personalities. I know it's going to be beautiful. I highly recommend Blackbird Floral for any event- their arrangements are works of art.

2015-10-20T16:35:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I so enjoyed working with you and your mom, and now I get to do it all again with your sister! Love it : )

Loved Blackbird Floral!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Lyndsey E

We used Blackbird Floral (Lea) for our rehearsal dinner at Cimarron Hills Country Club in Georgetown and for our wedding at Reunion Ranch in Georgetown. Lea's flowers and arrangements were absolutely amazing for both events! I love her style!! She listened to the design I had in... Read More mind and she nailed it! We also used her candle votives for our tables and they finished the whole look. Aside from the wine glasses, water goblets, napkins, and silverware on the tables the rest was Lea's and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous my table designs were and I didn't have to do a thing! I will use her for my future needs and will recommend her to any of my family, friends, or acquaintances! Thanks Lea for all of the beautiful flowers and making my ideas come to fruition!

2015-10-20T16:37:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks! Yes, we had fun on both your events. Can't wait to see your pictures. Loved those wooden tables : )

Beautiful Flowers Plus Some

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Lindsey T

Lea was fabulous to work with from the beginning. She really listened to what I was looking for, and despite my inability to find the right words, she still managed to recreate the vision in my head. I knew my floral budget was limited from the beginning, but she really worked... Read More with me to provide what I wanted while staying within budget. To save a little money, my mom and I did DIY arrangements for the cocktail tables the evening before, but by the day of, the hydrangeas were looking a little sad. Lea not only stepped in to help solve the problem at the last minute, but she even dressed the arrangements up to look prettier than anything we could have done. Sad flowers are not a catastrophe, but I was truly impressed Lea's willingness to go the extra mile. I had several guests comment that I "paid too much for flowers" based on the arrangements they saw. If only they know how little I paid for how much we got. The flowers were beautiful and a huge hit!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Ginger H

We chose Blackbird Floral to do the bouquets, boutonniere's and corsages for my son's wedding. The bride wanted Fall-colored flowers with lots of texture, succulents, and non-traditional additions. And if that wasn't challenging enough, the bride also wanted lots of color.... Read More Lea did an amazing job. She is truly an artist and her creations were incredibly beautiful. It took my breath away when I saw them for the first time. On top of that, 6 days later the bouquet in my possession is still fresh and beautiful. I suspect there are numerous florists in the area that can do bouquets and other wedding flowers but I highly recommend Lea if you want your flowers to be special, unique, and strikingly impressive.

Made my wedding day beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Athena S

Lea at Blackbird Floral was kind and professional and talented. She understood just the look and palette I wanted. I cared about having particular flower colors much more than having any specific flower type. So, Lea was even able to suggest beautiful flower types to help me... Read More stay in my budget while fitting my palette. She was easy to get in touch with when I had questions, and answered my e-mails quickly. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend Blackbird Floral!

2015-10-26T21:49:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for that great review! Much appreciated!

Blackbird Floral is great!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Ainsley R

I got my bridal bouquet, 3 boutonnieres, and 2 corsages from Blackbird Floral. I talked with Lea on what I wanted in detail. I let her take my ideas from conversation, photos I sent her and she created something amazing! I loved my bouquet, it was beautiful and affordable, I... Read More couldn't believe how much detail was in this bouquet from me just describing what I wanted. It was like a dream come true. You made my wedding that much more special :) Thank you so much Lea!!!!

2015-10-20T16:39:12 Response from the vendor

Aww, that makes me happy. Glad you loved your bouquet!

Beautiful, Natural Vibe

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren S

Lea and Blackbird Floral is incredible. She took the time to understand my vision, and even when the right flowers were not available, she created something incredibly beautiful for our wedding. We were going for a very natural, elegant vibe, which is sort of her style and I... Read More loved everything she put together for us. I hope that my new husband will remember to order flowers from her in the future!

2015-10-07T12:44:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I loved them too!

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Alyssa R

I found Blackbird Floral through the Knot's vendor search. What struck me about their pictures was that they almost looked like still life paintings - they weren't just your regular arrangements; they had an artistic, almost sculptural aspect to them. Come to find out, Lea is a... Read More painter and used to work as a set designer! She's one very talented lady! When I met with Lea to go over our basic thoughts for the wedding, she had a lot of great ideas and suggestions on how to maximize drama within our budget. The end results, from the table decorations to my bouquet, were stunning and far exceeded any expectations. I love how our arrangements were so unique. Plus they photographed just beautifully. From our first meeting to the day of the wedding, Lea was very easy to get in touch with. I even had her do a last minute bouquet for my bridal portraits and am so happy I did! On the day of our wedding, she and her crew were early, worked quickly, and were one thing I did not have to stress at all about. Anyone planning a wedding can appreciate how much that meant to me! I have to say, if you are the type of bride who MUST HAVE WHITE PEONIES, Lea would be able to create lovely arrangements for you. BUT, if you're a little more relaxed, put your faith in her and let her just create. She will wow your guests and keep you happy and sane. I am still getting compliments on the flowers six months later, and I'm sure that will continue for a long time.

2015-10-07T12:52:36 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing review. You made it really easy to do great work. It's true--being relaxed is so important. Flowers can be unpredictable, but that's something to love about them!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Ashley H

I could not have asked for more. The flowers were everything I had hoped they would be. Working with lea was very pleasant and convienient. I was able to get everything ordered and paid for via online and with wedding planning it is nice to have one less thing to do. Lea knew... Read More exactly the look I was going for and made my envision come to life. I highly recommend using this florist for any event.

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 J J

I cannot speak more highly of Lea and Blackbird Floral. Blackbird floral did all the flowers for my May wedding at the LBJ wildflower center. From the beginning it was clear that Lea had a true talent and vision, and on the wedding day she exceeded my expectations. Lea went... Read More above and beyond for us in all the right ways and made sure to get my concept and vision perfectly for every element of the wedding. Even though she faced many challenges on the day of, with crazy rain and a difficult timeline, she was perfect, and they delivered above and beyond what was promised. She truly is a magician with what she can do with flowers. She was also great with our budget and was always very careful to stay within budget. I was thrilled with my bouquet and flower crown, it was actually the flowers and not the dress that made me feel like a million bucks on my wedding day. I would HIGHLY recommend Blackbird floral- Lea is the absolute best.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015

I knew Lea was the perfect florist to hire for our wedding from the first time we met. She is so creative, and immediately understood exactly what I was visioning without much direction at all. I didn't really care what types of flowers we used, or what vases they came in as... Read More long as it achieved a certain look, and Lea by far exceeded my expectations (which were already very high). I couldn't stop staring at my bouquet the entire night - everything was beautiful! Lea and her husband spent several hours setting up flowers and other decorations to make sure everything looked just right - talk about dedication! I look forward to using Blackbird for future occasions - she's an absolute joy to work with.

Great Service/Great Price

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Noemi M

Had a great experience! After emailing around for price quotes I was suspicious but excited when Lea ferom Blackbird floral told me she could do everything I wanted for the price everyone else was quoting me for just my bouquet! I met with her to further discuss prices and what... Read More I wanted and she was so understanding and seemed to know exactly what I wanted from my terrible description. I came away from the meeting very confident, and she kept excellent contact and moved with the flow while my plans changed several times. I ordered a large bouquet with a mix of succulents and peach roses, 4 smaller versions of that bouquet, two succulent boutineers, and two small altar pieces for under $600(I don't recall exact price). They were already there when I arrived, sitting in the entrance to the church in cute vases, and the altar pieces were already set up in place. I didn't have to stress about anything, just grabbed and went. The bouquet was exactly what I had in mind, and was even better than the inspiration picture, I wish there was a way to add pictures so everyone could enjoy her beautiful craftsmanship!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Dorothy O'Shea O

Working with Lea was fantastic: the most fun I had during the planning process, my favorite person to work with. When I refer to her in conversation I can't say 'florist.' I have to say 'floral design artist' (or something like that) because her work is art. I am a... Read More dancer, musician and visual artist myself and my standards for originality and creativity are high. She captured the feeling of the event perfectly: lush, sensual, and a little avant-garde. The work was unlike anything I had seen before. Lea is awesome! : )

2014-10-30T11:38:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks Dorothy! The work we did is now inspiring other events in various ways--so inspirational! : )

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Tiffany

She created the most beautiful blowers I have ever seen. My dream came to life :)

Lea is a magician

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Lillian O

Seriously, she blew our minds! She was so accommodating and sweet and really went out of her way the entire year to let us know what she was thinking and worked side by side to help complete our vision for our big day. Her talent is tremendous. I was so pleased with the... Read More outcome! We received so many compliments and she truly understands her art. Her taste and style is impeccable and she does an awesome job making each arrangement really unique. Lea does a great job with budget. If you have a vision but it's a little out of reach budget wise she is really creative with alternatives and finding a solution that you can be really happy about. It was a relief not to have to worry about a thing with her. She definitely went above and beyond. I can't say enough good things!

2014-07-04T16:22:17 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Your easy going approach to everything and the trust you gave me was what really allowed the creativity to flow. Thanks!

Stunning vintage arrangements

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Janet H

Working with Lea to put together the floral arrangements for my wedding day at the Driskill was an absolute joy. She was easy to work with, listened to what I wanted and had great suggestions for achieving the look while staying within budget. She was very clear in her proposals... Read More and budget, so I felt like we knew what to expect on the big day. And when the big day came - WOW!! We expected greatness, and our expectations were exceeded. It was absolutely perfect, and the altar pieces were unbelievable! So huge and beautiful!! I stole my bouquet back from the girl that caught it cause I didn't want to let it go! Thank you, Blackbird Floral, for making my special day so memorable and lovely!

Center pieces for Luncheon

Reviewed on 12/31/2013 Tori J

Lea did a wonderful job bringing to life the vision for an elegant luncheon. The arrangements were natural, full and the guests continually commented on them!

Creative, Artistic, AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2013 Jennifer N

My wedding theme was Woodland Animal/Victorian Naturalist. I did not want traditional-looking bouquets or commonly used flowers. I met with Lea, and explained what I was looking for. She really listened to my ideas, which included adding some fake insects to the bouquets and... Read More making them resemble, "the forest floor." Instead of balking at my requests or trying to steer me toward more traditional-type flowers, she jumped right in with amazing suggestions and really collaborated with me to come up with bouquets and corsages that fit my vision perfectly. Between that initial meeting and the wedding, she was quick to respond to emails and questions. On the day of the wedding, I was blown away by the bouquets and corsages she had created. Each piece was so detailed and beautiful! My bridesmaids loved the bouquets as well and we got compliments on them all night long. They looked like pieces of art. I am so happy with Lea's work - and to top it all off, she was very affordable!!!! I cannot recommend Lea highly enough. She was professional, friendly, and her work shows she is a true artist.

Blackbird Floral is Fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 becky and jamie s

Simply put: Lea rocks! My wife and I met with her about four months before our wedding, which we realized wasn't a ton of time. But from our first meeting, Lea had a solid and fantastic vision. She came armed with ideas that immediately impressed us. She worked very well with... Read More our budget, and came up with smart, creative ideas for our centerpieces and bouquets. My wife and I are both women and each wanted a special bouquet, and Lea was great about figuring out our individual styles so that we each had something beautiful with which to walk down the aisle. Go with Blackbird Floral and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Tania w

We searched many floral vendors and for the price range we wanted to stay in they couldn't provide me all that I wanted. Lea was amazing in seeing my vision and when I saw the reception I gasped with joy! It was beyond my expectations. It truly was a garden great Gatsby... Read More romantic vision I had hoped for! She is amazing and she is very reasonable in pricing and fair.

Such beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Julissa A

blackbird floral was so amazing to work with. on the first meeting Lea was completely prepared and was able to show us different pictures of flowers that we could use. also was a great value for our money. the flowers turned out amazing and i couldn't have asked for anything... Read More better!

Working with Lea was great!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Sara G

I truly appreciate Lea's superior customer service and dedication to me as a client. I do not have a knack for flowers, so a floral expert was critical in planning my wedding. I told her what my overall vision and theme was for the wedding, sent her a few of my inspiring... Read More photos, tossed around some ideas with her and she took it from there. She has a very good grasp on how different flowers will work in a variety of arrangement and provided very tasteful and honest suggestions. I felt very comfortable with my wedding decor being in her hands and she turned around very beautiful arrangements true to my initial vision. Lea was very easy to contact, worked with me and made suggestions to stay within my budget, and even turned around a beautiful bouquet in short notice for my bridal portraits. I live in Dallas, so working with out-of-town vendors closer to my venue was a daunting task, but Lea made it easy. I would recommend Blackbird Floral to any bride who wants high quality work and dependable vendors.

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Reema I

Lea was outstanding; she brought to life my absolute dream bouquet, and delivered everything to the chapel! The bridesmaids bouquets were beautiful and simple, the boutonnieres were masculine and earthy, the corsages were elegant and lovely, but most of all my bouquet was... Read More gorgeous! I gave Lea full artistic control, and I recommend doing the same. She is VERY knowledgeable about flower size, color, smell, and seasonal availability. She even integrated spiritual pendants into my husband's and best man's boutonnieres. The price was reasonable, and her communication was fantastic. My flowers are one of the best memories of the wedding, and they will continue to be as they even dried beautifully.

Blackbird Floral Review

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Shannon R

Lea from Blackbird Floral was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire wedding process. She was so easy to talk to, and I felt like she really took my vision and ran with it. After the first meeting with Lea, I thought I wouldn't be able to budget in all of the different... Read More flower aspects I was wanting. I expressed this to Lea, and she worked with me to find the perfect fit that worked for my budget. Lea did all of my bouquets as well as my centerpieces for the reception, and when I saw all of them the day of the wedding, I was completely blown away. Lea went above and beyond, and the flowers turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I was so happy to have found her, and I would definitely recommend Blackbird Floral to any future brides.

Lea Wood

Hello! I'm Lea Wood, owner of Blackbird Floral in Austin, Texas. I love working with clients who share our nature inspired aesthetic, and enjoy the little surprises we see with flowers. My approach with clients is friendly, professional and easy going, allowing you to relax knowing we have you covered. I've been a floral design business owner for over 10 years, and worked in flower shops before that. This means I've done hundreds of weddings and events, but I can honestly say that I love flowers now more than ever, and the wedding I'm working on today is always the most important.