Natural Beauty

We create gorgeous, inspired floral design. Our wedding work is a pairing of your vision and ideas, with our nature inspired aesthetic. The style is well contemplated yet spontaneous. We love wild, lush, textured designs and offer vintage and modern rental containers to complete the look.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

Serving Austin & Surrounding Area (512) 934-1430

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Amanda K

Lea's a true artist! We gave her some direction, shared some photos of arrangements we liked, talked colors and then let Lea work her magic and the end result was absolutely stunning! We got so many compliments on the flowers! They were amazing. Would recommend her in a... Read More heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Spenser W

Lea created the floral designs for my wedding this past weekend, and everything was beautiful beyond belief! She took the time to understand and clarify my ideas, provided amazing practical and creative guidance, and was truly a joy to to work with. I would highly recommend Lea... Read More and Blackbird Floral to anyone looking for elegant and unique floral designs for their wedding!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Katie S

Blackbird Floral was amazing! Lea was so helpful and so knowledgable. I gave her my general idea and she made the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements. Because of my leniency with the flower choices she was able to find the best quality blooms available. Everyone raved... Read More about how unique and exquisite they were. Lea made some really stunning succulent pieces for our bar top and outside tables. I was able to keep all of the succulents and still enjoy them even three months later! Lea was very flexible with her meeting times, last minute quantity changes, and was so accommodating on our wedding day to the unexpected timeline change. I will definitely be asking Lea to do more arrangements for me in the future. She is wonderful!

2017-10-04T13:22:12 Response from the vendor

You were amazing to work with! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Courtney H

Lea provided the flowers for my daughter's wedding. They were absolutely stunning. The bouquets and arrangements were packed with a variety of flowers and textures that made them unique and interesting. The alter piece that she created was truly beautiful. The #1 comment from... Read More the guests (after how beautiful bride the bride was!) was about the beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Ashlyn H

I can't say enough of how fabulous Blackbird Floral was to work with. Lea was the first florist I found and met with and I'm so glad we hired her! I was planning a wedding from Houston and she always made herself available to meet in person when we were in town to talk floral... Read More design. She is very knowledgable of what flowers look good together and how to get the most bang for your buck. She did an amazing job putting together all of my ideas and creating a beautiful design that not only exceeded my expectations but also remained in budget. I would highly recommend Lea!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Emily Y

After looking for months for a florist who was willing to work with our "wildflower" design and within our budget, I came across reviews of Lea and Blackbird Floral. It was a very happy day the first time we talked and shared ideas! Lea was a dream to work with, and the finished... Read More product so exceeded our expectations! Pricing was very reasonable and the arrangements, bouquets, and ceremony flowers were stunning. Service was perfect. I can't say enough about what a wonderful, professional job Lea and her staff did.

2017-10-22T15:08:17 Response from the vendor

You were amazing to work with, really flexible on flowers and allowing the kind of creativity that always inspires the best results. Thanks so much, it was a pleasure bringing your vision to life!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Andrea S

I went into wedding planning thinking "I don't really care about the flowers," and then I found Blackbird Floral. I was immediately inspired and had to have these beautiful creations. I just sent Lea her own pictures that I liked the best and a general desire for creative,... Read More bright, fun designs. I got that plus some. She was amazing to work with every step of the way as well. I highly recommend this team to anyone looking for something unique and are open to something that breaks away from boring, traditional wedding flowers. Everyone was floored by the outcome, and it was everything I didn't first know I needed. Perfection!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Cristina M

We used Blackbird floral for our wedding this summer, and all the florals were beautiful! The flowers were a priority for me, but we also had a budget in mind. I was worried we wouldn't be able to make it all "come together" but Lea really brought our vision to life within our... Read More budget. She met with us and communicated with me through email quickly. She was honest with us about what would look good and was creative about how to help stretch our budget. Above all else she nailed it! It looked just like how I had envisioned. We got so many compliments about how beautiful everything looked, and really, a lot of that credit goes to Lea.

2017-10-04T13:18:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks! I'm so happy you both liked everything! You gave me clear ideas while allowing for Blackbird's natural style to come through. Perfect pairing!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Pamela V

I can't say enough about Lea and her talent. My daughter trusted me to plan the flowers for her vintage wedding at The Texas Woman's Federation Mansion June 3. Lea worked with me to get the vision Kate wanted, even incorporating peaches into the arrangements. Everything was... Read More absolutely beautiful. My daughter said, "Mom, the flowers were wonderful. I think Blackbird Floral did an amazing job"

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Katherine S

Lea did an amazing, flawless job with the flowers for our 6/3/17 wedding. They came out exactly how I envisioned, except better! She is a true artist who cares about her work and listens to her clients. She really went above and beyond. I couldn't believe how beautiful our venue... Read More looked. There is nothing she could have improved on. She is also kind, genuine, polite and professional. I'm so glad we hired her!

2017-10-04T13:11:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I really loved working with you and your mom, such a pleasure!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Krista C

Lea is such an amazing florist and artist! She did such a wonderful job on our wedding flowers. I gave her a couple general ideas and our budget. She worked her magic and they turned out better than anything I could have envisioned!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Chloe C

Lea was an absolute pleasure to work with. She took all of my Pinterest inspirations and turned them into pure magic beyond what I could have ever expected. She was so easy to work with and extremely communicative. We could not have been happier with the gorgeous results!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Carlina V

Lea did an absolutely beautiful job! I was most excited about the flowers for our wedding because Lea truly is an artist. The entire meeting and planning process she was super helpful and timely and did everything she could to make it go as smoothly as possible. She puts so much... Read More thought and consideration into every design and it truly shows in her work. Received so many compliments on our flowers and even took several centerpieces home with me so I could continue to enjoy them.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Amani D

This is simply the best floral designer in the city. My daughter's wedding flowers were breathtaking! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Jennifer B

I cannot say enough nice things about Lea at Blackbird Floral!!!! We hired her 2-3 weeks before our wedding after my mom pissed off the original florist and she quit! SO, lets just say we were on a tight budget with a super tight turnaround time and Lea knocked it out of the... Read More park. The altar display that she put together at Prospect House was ABSOLUTELY stunning. My bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets were so gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. The only hiccup was in the corsages which were not labeled, and my 4 attendants did not receive them. The florist said my wedding coordinator (The Fairytale Effect) told her she would handle it, but clearly it wasnt handled and I was disappointed that neither of them offered to cover my expenses for the lost corsages. We did our own hydrangeas in mason jars for simple centerpieces and then reused the bouquets on some of the tables as centerpieces as well. For our low budget wedding, it was incredible and I was very happy with the way the flowers look in all of the photos!!! Thank you Lea!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Stella H

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lea of Blackbird Floral! I called Lea about two weeks before my January courthouse elopement and she was able to deliver the bouquet of my dreams to the makeup studio where I was on the morning of my wedding. When we first spoke, I sent... Read More her a few pictures of bouquets from Pinterest that I loved and explained what "look" I was going for. (winter, earthy, etc.) I absolutely could not have been HAPPIER with the results! Lea is tremendously talented and a joy to speak with. Everything was SO easy - we spoke on the phone once, I sent pictures, we texted the day before, and then BAM - the most beautiful bouquet ever was delivered! Blackbird Floral is forever my Austin go-to for unique, artistic, gorgeous floral design!

Beautiful Flowers Plus Some

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Lindsey T

Lea was fabulous to work with from the beginning. She really listened to what I was looking for, and despite my inability to find the right words, she still managed to recreate the vision in my head. I knew my floral budget was limited from the beginning, but she really worked... Read More with me to provide what I wanted while staying within budget. To save a little money, my mom and I did DIY arrangements for the cocktail tables the evening before, but by the day of, the hydrangeas were looking a little sad. Lea not only stepped in to help solve the problem at the last minute, but she even dressed the arrangements up to look prettier than anything we could have done. Sad flowers are not a catastrophe, but I was truly impressed Lea's willingness to go the extra mile. I had several guests comment that I "paid too much for flowers" based on the arrangements they saw. If only they know how little I paid for how much we got. The flowers were beautiful and a huge hit!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Ginger H

We chose Blackbird Floral to do the bouquets, boutonniere's and corsages for my son's wedding. The bride wanted Fall-colored flowers with lots of texture, succulents, and non-traditional additions. And if that wasn't challenging enough, the bride also wanted lots of color.... Read More Lea did an amazing job. She is truly an artist and her creations were incredibly beautiful. It took my breath away when I saw them for the first time. On top of that, 6 days later the bouquet in my possession is still fresh and beautiful. I suspect there are numerous florists in the area that can do bouquets and other wedding flowers but I highly recommend Lea if you want your flowers to be special, unique, and strikingly impressive.

Fabulous through and through

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Akiko N

First time I met with Lea, I knew I was going to be in good hands. I came in with an idea and visuals of what I wanted, and she knew just what I was after. (It's only right that the bride be clear about what she wants but also leave room for the expert to do what they do!) It' a... Read More fabulous thing, when your vendor just gets your vision. Working with her was great. She's very responsive and involved, yet managed it all with minimal back and forth. The final output? Exactly what I wanted in terms of flower assortment, volume, and look and feel. She nailed it, couldn't be happier. All of this, at a very reasonable cost. Of all my wedding vendors, Blackbird Floral was one of my favorites. I'm quite particular with design elements, but Blackbird is highly recommended!

Made my wedding day beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Athena S

Lea at Blackbird Floral was kind and professional and talented. She understood just the look and palette I wanted. I cared about having particular flower colors much more than having any specific flower type. So, Lea was even able to suggest beautiful flower types to help me... Read More stay in my budget while fitting my palette. She was easy to get in touch with when I had questions, and answered my e-mails quickly. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend Blackbird Floral!

2015-10-26T21:49:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for that great review! Much appreciated!

The most beautiful flowers ever!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jessica F

Lea is truly an artist. Blackbird Floral designed the arrangements for my September wedding at Mercury Hall. Upon meeting Lea, I could instantly tell she is passionate about her work. She took the time to really understand the feel of my event and artfully crafted to most... Read More incredible arrangements . She perfectly captured the personality of our colorful event. I appreciated Lea's honest and sculptural approach. She know what works. The flowers were hands down my favorite wedding detail. Lea is now working with my sister on her spring wedding. I can't wait to see her capture such different personalities. I know it's going to be beautiful. I highly recommend Blackbird Floral for any event- their arrangements are works of art.

2015-10-20T16:35:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I so enjoyed working with you and your mom, and now I get to do it all again with your sister! Love it : )

Loved Blackbird Floral!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Lyndsey E

We used Blackbird Floral (Lea) for our rehearsal dinner at Cimarron Hills Country Club in Georgetown and for our wedding at Reunion Ranch in Georgetown. Lea's flowers and arrangements were absolutely amazing for both events! I love her style!! She listened to the design I had in... Read More mind and she nailed it! We also used her candle votives for our tables and they finished the whole look. Aside from the wine glasses, water goblets, napkins, and silverware on the tables the rest was Lea's and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous my table designs were and I didn't have to do a thing! I will use her for my future needs and will recommend her to any of my family, friends, or acquaintances! Thanks Lea for all of the beautiful flowers and making my ideas come to fruition!

2015-10-20T16:37:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks! Yes, we had fun on both your events. Can't wait to see your pictures. Loved those wooden tables : )

Blackbird Floral is great!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Ainsley R

I got my bridal bouquet, 3 boutonnieres, and 2 corsages from Blackbird Floral. I talked with Lea on what I wanted in detail. I let her take my ideas from conversation, photos I sent her and she created something amazing! I loved my bouquet, it was beautiful and affordable, I... Read More couldn't believe how much detail was in this bouquet from me just describing what I wanted. It was like a dream come true. You made my wedding that much more special :) Thank you so much Lea!!!!

2015-10-20T16:39:12 Response from the vendor

Aww, that makes me happy. Glad you loved your bouquet!

Beautiful, Natural Vibe

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren S

Lea and Blackbird Floral is incredible. She took the time to understand my vision, and even when the right flowers were not available, she created something incredibly beautiful for our wedding. We were going for a very natural, elegant vibe, which is sort of her style and I... Read More loved everything she put together for us. I hope that my new husband will remember to order flowers from her in the future!

2015-10-07T12:44:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I loved them too!

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Alyssa R

I found Blackbird Floral through the Knot's vendor search. What struck me about their pictures was that they almost looked like still life paintings - they weren't just your regular arrangements; they had an artistic, almost sculptural aspect to them. Come to find out, Lea is a... Read More painter and used to work as a set designer! She's one very talented lady! When I met with Lea to go over our basic thoughts for the wedding, she had a lot of great ideas and suggestions on how to maximize drama within our budget. The end results, from the table decorations to my bouquet, were stunning and far exceeded any expectations. I love how our arrangements were so unique. Plus they photographed just beautifully. From our first meeting to the day of the wedding, Lea was very easy to get in touch with. I even had her do a last minute bouquet for my bridal portraits and am so happy I did! On the day of our wedding, she and her crew were early, worked quickly, and were one thing I did not have to stress at all about. Anyone planning a wedding can appreciate how much that meant to me! I have to say, if you are the type of bride who MUST HAVE WHITE PEONIES, Lea would be able to create lovely arrangements for you. BUT, if you're a little more relaxed, put your faith in her and let her just create. She will wow your guests and keep you happy and sane. I am still getting compliments on the flowers six months later, and I'm sure that will continue for a long time.

2015-10-07T12:52:36 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing review. You made it really easy to do great work. It's true--being relaxed is so important. Flowers can be unpredictable, but that's something to love about them!

Lea Wood

Hello! I'm Lea Wood, owner of Blackbird Floral in Austin, Texas. I love working with clients who share our nature inspired aesthetic, and enjoy the little surprises we see with flowers. My approach with clients is friendly, professional and easy going, allowing you to relax knowing we have you covered. I've been a floral design business owner for over 10 years, and worked in flower shops before that. This means I've done hundreds of weddings and events, but I can honestly say that I love flowers now more than ever, and the wedding I'm working on today is always the most important.