BlackRock Center for the Arts

Germantown, MD

Museum

12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown, MD (240) 912-1057

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Susan G

What could be harder than picking a wedding venue??? It’s literally the most important part of the process (other than getting engaged). I felt like I looked at every possible site in the area for our 4/18/15 wedding. We had a budget we had to work with but didn’t want anything... Read More low end. This is a tough combination. Then we found The Blackrock Center. It was absolutely ideal for us. Easily accessible, tons of free parking, large enough to accommodate us and just a beautiful space. We got married there and had our reception there. It worked out awesome! Not only was the space a great fit, their coordinator Cindy Majane was GREAT to work with. She had great referrals of vendors, suggestions for the ceremony and was very instrumental in the planning process. Then came the Day Of. I was an older bride. I have probably been in 20 weddings. The biggest crisis I have ever seen at a wedding was my wedding! 2 of the bridesmaids dresses (my teenage nieces) had faulty zippers. They were totally broken so their backs were completely exposed. I had the emergency kit with safety pins and needle and thread---not at all helpful in this situation. I had Cindy look at the situation. She called 2 contacts, they came right over to Blackrock and sewed the girl’s right in!!! She was a life saver!!! I would highly recommend Blackrock-the pictures were great, there was plenty of room and a great layout and Cindy is the best in the business in my book!

Everything we wanted

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Zulma M

BlackRock was a fantastic venue for our wedding reception. Cindy the event coordinator was great at communicating and helping us out from deciding on the lighting settings in the dance hall to helping us to come up with a table layout that would maximize the use of the space. My... Read More husband and I were nervous about it being upcounty since our ceremony was taking place in Silver Spring and most of our events take place near Silver Spring but everyone loved the space and found the drive incredibly worth it. We used the lobby for cocktail hour and were able to set up a projector to show a love story video and had a photobooth also. Overall the space is incredibly versatile, you make it whatever you want.

Pretty Nice Venue!! Actually I loved it.

Reviewed on 3/18/2013 tiff j

When I first decided to rent here I fell in love with the Grand Staircase; however after going back to visit several times it was much more to desire. On my actually wedding day I got married in the theater which was not the orginal plan but with stage lighting and staff to cue... Read More music it was sensational. We held the reception across the hall in the dance studio filled with more special lighting and a intimate atmosphere. Marc and Cindy were such a great help leading up to the day of event. And on the day of the wedding Cindy - made sure everything was in place and even supplied me with a tablecloth (because I forgot it of course) Writing this review makes me want to use this venue for everything because its just that beautiful. Service I gave 5 star but I will say sometimes response time can be a little slow- but the staff attitude and friendliness makes up for it. Value -I gave 4 stars. Its alot to be admired here but somethings like 1 hr rehersal could be included for free. (If you are thinking of using the stage- I strongly suggest rehersing).

Black Rock is the place to go!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Chandini G

I recently used Black Rock Center for the Arts for my ceremony and reception. I am so thrilled that I made that decision. They were wonderful throughout the whole process. Not only is the space absolutely gorgeous and requires very little sprucing, but their entire staff is... Read More great. Cindy, the rental coordinator, is amazing and from the time I booked until the time of the wedding was super supportive and involved. She went out of her way to make my day special. The space is accommodating while still feeling intimate. If you are looking for a unique space without breaking the bank, then Black Rock is it!