Exquisite Food and Spectacular Presentation

Since 1945, Blackstone Caterers has inspired absolute confidence. Combining exquisite food, innovative presentation and flawless service, Blackstone is regarded as southern New England's premier caterer. From casual cocktail parties to elegant weddings, we strive to exceed our clients' expectations

Cuisine

Northeastern, American, Fusion

Food + Catering

224 John Clarke Rd, Middletown, RI (401) 848-2030

Best caterer on the planet

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Nicole G

I wholeheartedly believe I had the best caterer on the planet for my wedding day. Even going into it, I had very high expectations for the food I wanted served and the customer service I was looking for - Blackstone excelled on both fronts. Our first experience was at their... Read More tasting facility in Middletown, RI after already tasting with the most well-known caterer out of MA. Blackstone blew them out of the water in all categories - presentation, attention to detail, taste, customer service and truly making me feel that my business / wedding was of the upmost importance. We worked with Shannon (well known as St. Shannon for her patience amongst other wedding vendors), and from the start I felt completely at ease and that Shannon had our best intentions at heart. She took us through the menu and options diligently and we choose selections like clam chowder in adorable porcelain mugs with a clam fritter perched on top, mini-lobster rolls, fish & chips in paperboats as appetizers. Quintessential New England items, which I loved for our out of town guests. For mains, we went with the halibut topped with a fresh chimichurri sauce sitting on a bed of citrus risotto and snap beans as well as a filet accompanied by a cabernet demi-glace and smashed, shallot potatoes. Delicious. For dessert we had strawberry shortcakes arranged in mini mason jars, whoopie pies, crème brulee and the thrown in surprise of passed warm cookies and milk shooters. My mouth waters even two weeks later thinking about these dishes! They tasted no different on the day of our wedding as they did at the tasting which is incredible seeing as we had over 150 guests. Even John, the owner stopped by the day of to check in, which being in a customer service field, I really appreciated. If you are looking for a truly buttoned up, inventive, personal caterer who goes the extra mile for their couples go no further than Blackstone and Shannon. I will be trying to relive these dishes for years to come!

Wonderful Food!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Stephanie P

We used Blackstone for our wedding and everything was so perfect. They didn't push additional food or features onto us when we were planning and helped us to find a good option to fit within our budget. All of the food was absolutely amazing at our tasting, and all of our... Read More guests commented on how tasty everything was at the wedding! The service was perfect. Food arrived hot and in a timely manner by friendly servers. The coordinators were extremely accomodating and responsive and helped us with all of our questions prior to the wedding. They set up the room perfectly and were there all night of the wedding to make sure we were good and help us in any way possible. Absolutely the best caterer we have seen and they made the wedding so perfect!

Blackstone was the best!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Dina M

Blackstone Caterers were amazing to work with every step of the way for our wedding. We started out on the right foot with them – when we decided that we loved their food and the coordinator we had been talking with, we discouragingly told her that they were a bit pricier than... Read More we’d planned on. Right away, they worked with us to keep the costs down, while still keeping the details and dishes that we couldn’t do without. We always felt they were honest with us about what was important to splurge on and where we could save. Leading up to the wedding, our coordinator, Karen Tungett, was absolutely amazing. She responded to every email and call within 24 hours and was very clear with all of her answers. We always felt like she understood exactly what we wanted and there was NEVER a stupid question in her eyes. Every time I spoke with Karen, I felt more confident about how the wedding would turn out. When we did walkthrus and coordination with other vendors, Blackstone always had a good relationship with them. There were never any conflicts between the venue or any other vendors. It kept the stress level down for sure. On the day of, Blackstone did a great job displaying all of the little details that I had provided and made the venue look beautiful with their own decorations. They also were very helpful in coordinating our ceremony which was located at the reception venue, and made us all more comfortable to have some help on that front. Finally, the food!! The appetizers, meals and desserts were a huge hit. I had many guests telling me that it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. The staff was all extremely warm and accommodating to our guests (even the ones spending a bit too much time at the open bar…). They also took great care to make sure the groom and I always had a glass of champagne and/or some food waiting at our place setting whenever we had time for a bite. All in all, Blackstone exceeded any expectations that I could have possibly had for our wedding and I can’t think of a single thing that they could have improved.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Andy B

Blackstone Caterers are top notch. We got so many compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, dinners, and especially the milk shake desserts. The quality of everything blew our socks off. Karen and her staff were very organized and everything went off without a hitch. We did catch some... Read More errors with the food selections on the paperwork before the event, but everything was able to be cleared up pretty easily and quickly. We did have a wedding party attendant that brought us drinks and food during photos. It was a very nice touch, and we would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Caitlin

I can't even begin to describe the incredible experience we had when working with Blackstone. We had the pleasure of working with Karen, and after our first meeting, I knew that no matter what else I did, my wedding would be incredible because she would be a part of it. Karen... Read More and her team are beyond professional, and they made the entire planning process so much fun. Karen was so patient with me when I was making all of our meal choices and helped me to come up with a menu that would suit guest food allergies and dietary restrictions, while still making sure that my husband and I loved the selections we chose. The food - I should mention - is INCREDIBLE. The shrimp at the raw bar were the best I've ever had, and as the bride, I actually got to eat the food because Karen's team was so attentive. Karen helped us pick a great signature cocktail that so many guests have tried to replicate, and her team was just an all around joy to work with. I cannot recommend Blackstone more highly!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Mary Elizabeth O

Blackstone Catering is excellent!! I worked with Danielle and she great. She was very responsive when I had questions, which was quite often, and was such a pleasure to work with. Our food exceeded expectations, as did our waitstaff. Hopefully, I can have an anniversary or... Read More birthday party again just as an excuse to hire Blackstone to cater it!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Jennifer R

Just incredible! I have been postponing writing this review because I'm having such a hard time finding words to describe this wonderful team. From day one Karen and the rest of the Blackstone team was incredible to work with. We wanted to do a tasting before booking with any... Read More caterer, because we did not want typical wedding food. They worked with us on the cocktail hour food and on the main entrees, to customize everything to what we wanted. As the planning process went on, they helped us work on every little detail. As I didn't have a wedding planner, I really appreciated all the little tips Blackstone gave us. The same can be said for the wedding day: they literally thought of every single little detail to ensure that everyone has a fantastic experience. All our guests were saying that they were blown away my how incredible the food was. And the service was just as fantastic. They especially paid attention to myself and the groom. There was always a glass of champagne in my hand, they put aside food from the cocktail hour for us; sent up drinks before the ceremony, etc. They also helped us set up the cigar and scotch bar; and served our guests with our special wine pairing request. They even provided special desert wine glasses, that the rental company did not have available. As our wedding was on the smaller side (approx. 55 people) - we were concerned that some vendors may not want to spend the time to customize everything. But Blackstone made us feel like our event was the most important one of the year. They cooked traditional ethnic dishes for us that are not typically on their menu to allow us to make our day truly unique. Of course their usual stations were fresh and delicious as well. We had the tuscan table and the raw bar, as well as the cheesecake station. I also wanted to note that Karen went beyond her job as a catering coordinator. We had troubles with our rental company, and she took it upon herself to deal with them, to ensure that I didn't have to stress about anything. She and her team was truly incredible and we can never thank them enough for everything they did for us. All in all, I would absolutely recommend Blackstone for any special event. Both the food and the service will exceed your wildest expectations.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Mary B

Blackstone will go above and beyond for you. If they're available on your wedding date, book them! They catered our August wedding at the Blithewold Mansion near Newport. Everything was absolute perfection! They set up all of our tables for the reception. We had lanterns,... Read More candles, greenery, and table numbers, as well as seating cards. I was a little worried- would it all be set up correctly? It looked like perfection when we got them, the team at Blackstone are truly professionals. After the ceremony, my wedding party was taking photos and they bought us all over apps and cocktails (since we were missing cocktail hour). When my husband and I sat for dinner there was a plate of every appetizer from cocktail hour there as well (we missed the whole hour for photos), which was a nice surprise. They gave us a point person who was there helping everything run smoothly- though we honestly didn't need to find them once because the whole thing went off without a hitch. All our guests complimented the food as well.. Tip- get the lobster mash potatoes!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Angela P

Gosh, I don't even know where to start. I'll never forget the first time I spoke with Karen - I knew right away that this was the woman I wanted to work with for our wedding. From day 1 she was professional, personable and there for everything we needed. For 18 months she went... Read More above and beyond to make our dream wedding happen. It's the little things like surprising us with lavender for our signature cocktails or answering my silly questions and calming my nerves even on her days off, or getting us a special type of beer for the wedding. I honestly could go and on and about how amazing she is and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her help. The wedding ran so smoothly because of her and her staff, everyone complimented that! Dada was our event manager - We didn't work with her until that night but she was amazing as well!! Bartenders were awesome, servers were awesome. I could go on and on. Now on to the food - ah the food. Not one person had a complaint about the food - I'm Italian and my husband is Portuguese, very hard to please but WOW, everyone was blown away by the food. The raw bar was so fresh, the passed apps were plentiful and delicious! (Highly recommend the lamb chops and mini lobster rolls!) The main entrée was so delicious as well. We did family style and there was plenty of food and everything was so good. For dessert we did the Ben & Jerry's bar, Karen assured me this would be a hit and she nailed it, everyone raved about it. Hands down, Blackstone was the best decision we made for our wedding. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katrina S

Fabulous catering company! Our wedding food was delicious, well presented and we got may compliments from out guests, many of whom are foodies and very picky. We loved our raw bar and passed hors d'oeuvres (mini lobster rolls and yellowtial ceviche cups- so yummy). I worked... Read More with Danielle Costa mainly who was fantastic and helped our entire experience of planning run smoothly. The day of event person seemed a bit confused and didn't seem to understand the plan. I would have preferred if we could have had Danielle there but she had another event I believe that day. All i all, the catering went smoothly. We also had a personal attendant who made sure myself and groom ate a taste of everything, including our meals! I highly recommend having a wedding attendant. I would also highly recommend Blackstone Caterers if you want a truly memorable culinary experience on your special day.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Courtney P

Deciding to go with Blackstone was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Blackstone really helped put the wedding day together for us, and handled our numerous questions and emails with professionalism, kindness and an eagerness to help us. We felt like Karen was in... Read More our corner, and was working exclusively on our wedding, and our wedding alone. It should also be noted that their patience and professionalism was exercised when creating a completely gluten-free experience. Everything from the raw bar and passed hors d'oeuvre, down to the cake and French macaroons were celiac friendly. This was paramount as the Bride was allergic (and also extremely paranoid of being glutenized on her wedding day ☺) With Blackstone, not only did we get an amazing caterer, but we also had a day-of coordinator for the event, and another person to help the bride with anything she needed, but we also got a team of event planners that helped us with everything from handling the tent for the reception (we had an outdoor wedding), to ordering additional, outdoor bathrooms, to coordinating torches and lighting, to handling seating for the ceremony. Basically, if no other vendors showed up, we would still have had a beautiful, smoothly run wedding day. And did we mention the food? Because every single one of our guests did! The food was quite simply, amazing. If we could do it again, we would go with Blackstone every single time.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Mary J

Everything about Blackstone was amazing. From the food to the entire planning process, Karen made everything very easy and was right there with us every step of the way and kept up with every detail. She was also very responsive to all our e-mails. The entire event was... Read More executed flawlessly and got rave reviews from all our guests. We looked at several caterers for our wedding and could not be more happy with Blackstone!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Olivia S

Danielle was wonderful to work with and we received so many comments on how delicious the food was at our wedding! From the signature drinks to the appetizers to the entrées, everything was incredible. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Amanda H

Where do I even begin?! Shannon and her team at Blackstone Caterers are the real deal. From very early on, Shannon was extremely responsive, patient and accommodating to all of my requests (and I had a lot of them!) From our first phone call I knew that we were in the best hands... Read More and that I could trust her and her team to pull off our vision - and they did! I really can't say enough about Shannon's patience and responsiveness. Even if she wasn't in the office or available to answer my question, she would respond right away to let me know that she would follow up ASAP. This type of service is so important during wedding planning when there are so many moving parts and so many details to navigate. I had so many last minute requests and changes and Shannon was always accommodating. My mom was worried about the set-up of some of our DIY projects and items we brought from home but Shannon set them all up perfectly - we were all so impressed! She also organized all of our rentals and deliveries which was a great added bonus and one less stress that I had to manage. The food was phenomenal - Shannon worked with me on the menu to make sure it was exactly what we wanted and offered suggestions to make our menu perfection. We added in a raw bar and our guests raved about the presentation and deliciousness - it was the highlight of our wedding for a lot of our guests! I really can't say enough about the deliciousness! Our guests also commented on how classy and responsive the caterers were the day of the wedding - the service was top notch! I highly recommend Blackstone to all brides looking for an organized, delicious, professional caterer. I could go on and on about how happy I am with Blackstone caterers and Shannon - I could not have pulled off my wedding without Shannon and her Blackstone team. Everything was beyond perfection and I am so happy that I got the chance to work with them!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Laura J

The food was amazing at our wedding and the service was stellar. Michele was such an amazing guide before and during the event. We are not giving 5 stars only because a few things mentioned in the first contract did not happen during the wedding. Both things (late night snack... Read More and passed dels lemonaid) were very minor and the fact that they didn't happen didnt impact how happy the guests were with the meal. It was just a little disappointing.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Emily S

Exceptional Caterer and So Much More! I feel so lucky to have found Danielle Costa of Blackstone Caterers for my wedding-- she is the consummate professional and is wonderful at all that is involved in planning a wedding dinner and reception. But she really does so much more... Read More than that! She helped with great advice about planning the whole event, which was being held at my home, referred us to lots of other great vendors, coordinated with them on lots of details, and was there on the special day to make sure everything ran smoothly! On top of everything else, she was calm and smiling throughout, and really made a huge difference to a nervous bride to be. She truly loves what she does, and it shows. She is great with attention to details, and takes care of all the little things so I could worry less and enjoy more. And, the food was delicious! I feel like I've been to a ton of fancy weddings and events, where the food was just so-so. Blackstone's food hit it out of the park. They provide tons of choices, and the results were amazing. We got lots of compliments on the food and the professionalism of the staff. And by the way, they also did an amazing clean up job, so that there was nothing at all of me to do. I feel like I hit the jackpot with Danielle, and Blackstone, and will certainly be using them for any other big occasion!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Rebecca K

I am so happy I chose Blackstone as our caterers. Danielle was my wedding coordinator, and she did an amazing job from start to finish. She was able to accommodate all of my ideas and food requests which was great. She was always available by phone and email to discuss details... Read More and rentals. The food at the wedding was fabulous. Everything went off without a hitch and people were raving about the food for weeks afterward. The food even looked as good as it tasted! We would definitely recommend Blackstone for any event!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Samie T

The food was not only aesthetically pleasing but also absolutely delicious!! Karen and her team are amazing to work with! If I could keep Karen forever and have her plan out every aspect of my life I would. She's so awesome to work with. Definitely made the whole wedding... Read More process less stressful. Thank you so much for everything!!! Highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Sarah C

A month later and our guests are still raving about the food and service Blackstone Caterers provided for our NYE wedding. Beyond the food being delicious, the customer serviced we received from Shannon and the team was outstanding. Shannon was more than just the catering... Read More liaison, she helped our other vendors ensure that the schedule for the reception flowed and brought along a team to our reception that was fantastic to work with. Of all the caterers we reached out to, I knew instantly from Shannon's first email that they were a cut above the rest and I was not wrong. Even a family member that works for a comparable local catering company was impressed with the service and quality at our reception!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Cara L

Blackstone provides amazing food and service at an incredible value! Shannon and her team helped us customize our menu and little details (e.g., copper mugs for mules, mini clam chower cups) that felt special. On top of the delicious food - the service cannot be beat! The team... Read More at Blackstone was so helpful at our wedding - guests commented on the high quality of the service from the bar to the table service. No hidden fees with Blackstone either! You will regret it if you don't book Blackstone, in particular Shannon.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kara B

Blackstone Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They are SO flexible and really try to help make your wedding unique to your personality. We decided we wanted to do food trucks for our main meal, but use them for apps and the bar and they even offered... Read More to stay through dinner and clean up after the food trucks and keep things running smoothly. Shannon was amazing, as was everyone onsite the day of the wedding. And the food was amazing, of course.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Michaela L

I can't rate Blackstone highly enough. From the first tasting all the way through the last dance, the Blackstone team was super friendly and professional. The food was beyond amazing, and all of our guests raved about it. Shannon was also really helpful in assisting with... Read More planning and details, and she was able to recommend some of our other amazing vendors. We were on a budget, but we were able to work with Blackstone to find a plan that was right for us and our guests.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elizabeth L

Blackstone did an excellent job for our September wedding. Danielle and the staff provided a stress free environment along with excellent meal choices to fit any budget and wedding type. Danielle was quick to respond to my many emails and provided a sense of assurance and... Read More comfort to the process. Our guests are still talking about the food! Thank you Blackstone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Joelle B

I worked with Danielle on my wedding and I appreciated her responsiveness to my many questions! The food was delicious, well-executed and the servers checked in often to make sure that my husband and I were getting everything that we wanted throughout the night. My family has a... Read More few food allergies and they ensured me that they would be able to handle whatever the allergies would be, and they delivered. We received several compliments from our guests on how much they loved the food!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 James K

Blackstone did an amazing job at our wedding, from start to finish! Shannon from Blackstone was our main contact, and she was professional, responsive, and helpful throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Our tasting to pick our menu was lovely, and helped us... Read More choose a delicious selection of food that our guests loved. Choosing Blackstone as our caterer was one of the best decisions we made - book them, you will not regret it!