Exquisite Food and Spectacular Presentation

Since 1945, Blackstone Caterers has inspired absolute confidence. Combining exquisite food, innovative presentation and flawless service, Blackstone is regarded as southern New England's premier caterer. From casual cocktail parties to elegant weddings, we strive to exceed our clients' expectations

Cuisine

Northeastern, American, Fusion

Food + Catering

224 John Clarke Rd, Middletown, RI (401) 848-2030

Best caterer on the planet

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Nicole G

I wholeheartedly believe I had the best caterer on the planet for my wedding day. Even going into it, I had very high expectations for the food I wanted served and the customer service I was looking for - Blackstone excelled on both fronts. Our first experience was at their... Read More tasting facility in Middletown, RI after already tasting with the most well-known caterer out of MA. Blackstone blew them out of the water in all categories - presentation, attention to detail, taste, customer service and truly making me feel that my business / wedding was of the upmost importance. We worked with Shannon (well known as St. Shannon for her patience amongst other wedding vendors), and from the start I felt completely at ease and that Shannon had our best intentions at heart. She took us through the menu and options diligently and we choose selections like clam chowder in adorable porcelain mugs with a clam fritter perched on top, mini-lobster rolls, fish & chips in paperboats as appetizers. Quintessential New England items, which I loved for our out of town guests. For mains, we went with the halibut topped with a fresh chimichurri sauce sitting on a bed of citrus risotto and snap beans as well as a filet accompanied by a cabernet demi-glace and smashed, shallot potatoes. Delicious. For dessert we had strawberry shortcakes arranged in mini mason jars, whoopie pies, crème brulee and the thrown in surprise of passed warm cookies and milk shooters. My mouth waters even two weeks later thinking about these dishes! They tasted no different on the day of our wedding as they did at the tasting which is incredible seeing as we had over 150 guests. Even John, the owner stopped by the day of to check in, which being in a customer service field, I really appreciated. If you are looking for a truly buttoned up, inventive, personal caterer who goes the extra mile for their couples go no further than Blackstone and Shannon. I will be trying to relive these dishes for years to come!

Wonderful Food!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Stephanie P

We used Blackstone for our wedding and everything was so perfect. They didn't push additional food or features onto us when we were planning and helped us to find a good option to fit within our budget. All of the food was absolutely amazing at our tasting, and all of our... Read More guests commented on how tasty everything was at the wedding! The service was perfect. Food arrived hot and in a timely manner by friendly servers. The coordinators were extremely accomodating and responsive and helped us with all of our questions prior to the wedding. They set up the room perfectly and were there all night of the wedding to make sure we were good and help us in any way possible. Absolutely the best caterer we have seen and they made the wedding so perfect!

Blackstone was the best!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Dina M

Blackstone Caterers were amazing to work with every step of the way for our wedding. We started out on the right foot with them – when we decided that we loved their food and the coordinator we had been talking with, we discouragingly told her that they were a bit pricier than... Read More we’d planned on. Right away, they worked with us to keep the costs down, while still keeping the details and dishes that we couldn’t do without. We always felt they were honest with us about what was important to splurge on and where we could save. Leading up to the wedding, our coordinator, Karen Tungett, was absolutely amazing. She responded to every email and call within 24 hours and was very clear with all of her answers. We always felt like she understood exactly what we wanted and there was NEVER a stupid question in her eyes. Every time I spoke with Karen, I felt more confident about how the wedding would turn out. When we did walkthrus and coordination with other vendors, Blackstone always had a good relationship with them. There were never any conflicts between the venue or any other vendors. It kept the stress level down for sure. On the day of, Blackstone did a great job displaying all of the little details that I had provided and made the venue look beautiful with their own decorations. They also were very helpful in coordinating our ceremony which was located at the reception venue, and made us all more comfortable to have some help on that front. Finally, the food!! The appetizers, meals and desserts were a huge hit. I had many guests telling me that it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. The staff was all extremely warm and accommodating to our guests (even the ones spending a bit too much time at the open bar…). They also took great care to make sure the groom and I always had a glass of champagne and/or some food waiting at our place setting whenever we had time for a bite. All in all, Blackstone exceeded any expectations that I could have possibly had for our wedding and I can’t think of a single thing that they could have improved.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Rebecca K

I am so happy I chose Blackstone as our caterers. Danielle was my wedding coordinator, and she did an amazing job from start to finish. She was able to accommodate all of my ideas and food requests which was great. She was always available by phone and email to discuss details... Read More and rentals. The food at the wedding was fabulous. Everything went off without a hitch and people were raving about the food for weeks afterward. The food even looked as good as it tasted! We would definitely recommend Blackstone for any event!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Samie T

The food was not only aesthetically pleasing but also absolutely delicious!! Karen and her team are amazing to work with! If I could keep Karen forever and have her plan out every aspect of my life I would. She's so awesome to work with. Definitely made the whole wedding... Read More process less stressful. Thank you so much for everything!!! Highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Sarah C

A month later and our guests are still raving about the food and service Blackstone Caterers provided for our NYE wedding. Beyond the food being delicious, the customer serviced we received from Shannon and the team was outstanding. Shannon was more than just the catering... Read More liaison, she helped our other vendors ensure that the schedule for the reception flowed and brought along a team to our reception that was fantastic to work with. Of all the caterers we reached out to, I knew instantly from Shannon's first email that they were a cut above the rest and I was not wrong. Even a family member that works for a comparable local catering company was impressed with the service and quality at our reception!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Cara L

Blackstone provides amazing food and service at an incredible value! Shannon and her team helped us customize our menu and little details (e.g., copper mugs for mules, mini clam chower cups) that felt special. On top of the delicious food - the service cannot be beat! The team... Read More at Blackstone was so helpful at our wedding - guests commented on the high quality of the service from the bar to the table service. No hidden fees with Blackstone either! You will regret it if you don't book Blackstone, in particular Shannon.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kara B

Blackstone Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They are SO flexible and really try to help make your wedding unique to your personality. We decided we wanted to do food trucks for our main meal, but use them for apps and the bar and they even offered... Read More to stay through dinner and clean up after the food trucks and keep things running smoothly. Shannon was amazing, as was everyone onsite the day of the wedding. And the food was amazing, of course.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Michaela L

I can't rate Blackstone highly enough. From the first tasting all the way through the last dance, the Blackstone team was super friendly and professional. The food was beyond amazing, and all of our guests raved about it. Shannon was also really helpful in assisting with... Read More planning and details, and she was able to recommend some of our other amazing vendors. We were on a budget, but we were able to work with Blackstone to find a plan that was right for us and our guests.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elizabeth L

Blackstone did an excellent job for our September wedding. Danielle and the staff provided a stress free environment along with excellent meal choices to fit any budget and wedding type. Danielle was quick to respond to my many emails and provided a sense of assurance and... Read More comfort to the process. Our guests are still talking about the food! Thank you Blackstone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Joelle B

I worked with Danielle on my wedding and I appreciated her responsiveness to my many questions! The food was delicious, well-executed and the servers checked in often to make sure that my husband and I were getting everything that we wanted throughout the night. My family has a... Read More few food allergies and they ensured me that they would be able to handle whatever the allergies would be, and they delivered. We received several compliments from our guests on how much they loved the food!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 James K

Blackstone did an amazing job at our wedding, from start to finish! Shannon from Blackstone was our main contact, and she was professional, responsive, and helpful throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Our tasting to pick our menu was lovely, and helped us... Read More choose a delicious selection of food that our guests loved. Choosing Blackstone as our caterer was one of the best decisions we made - book them, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christine F

Can't say enough wonderful things about Blackstone Caterers and Karen Tungett!! Everything was PERFECT - timeline, organization and communication before and during the event, delicious food, SO accommodating (even with last minute requests). These people are amazing and I can't... Read More say enough about how wonderful Karen is. If you want a stress free, perfectly organized wedding with delicious food and drinks, book Blackstone Caterers!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Megan B

Amazing Caterer! Top notch! My wedding was on September 17th 2016. We worked with Blackstone for about a year in advance on the details, and Karen was an absolute joy to work with- so friendly, upbeat, and nice, and completely on the ball. I would send an email and get a... Read More response very quickly- something that is quite important to a stressed bride-to-be! They made my life easier and pleasant every step of the way. They also collaborated well with our other vendors, such as the florist and my wedding coordinator, which really helped take some of the workload off of me. The tasting was so much fun- food was delicious, and the experience was great. The guests loved the food and we are very thankful we went with Blackstone. Thanks again Karen! Megan

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Alicia M

Karen and her team were fantastic to work with! She was great about answering emails and all of our questions and helped us every step of the way to make sure our day was absolutely perfect and everything we wanted it to be! Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Danielle C

Blackstone caterers were absolutely fabulous! Karen was extremely helpful throughout the process. She always answered emails in a timely manner and even went out of her way to squeeze me in to look at linens on a day where her schedule was extremely busy. The food was... Read More absolutely phenomenal. The crab cake appetizers are fabulous. They did a great job of making sure the wedding party also got food and drink while taking pictures during the cocktail hour. They even brought us appetizers during dinner to make sure we tasted them! Thier presentation of the food is wonderful as well as the taste. The staff was extremely attentive to the guests as well. I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Laura F

Hand's down the BEST caterer in New England. Their food is fresh. You are not a number on your special day, you are the spotlight. Their servers are with you every moment of your day to ensure you have everything you need. The bartenders keep the drinks flowing. And their... Read More food... MY GOD! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! My husband is a complete foodie, and we literally went to 10 places to ensure we had THE BEST for our day. This was the #1 thing we wanted perfect for the wedding. Well, they blew everyone elses food out of the water! Last but certainly not least is Karen. She had to be one of the most amazing people I have ever interacted with. She goes above and beyond and she loves her clients and her job. The women is absolutely GLOWING with excitement for you, and trust me... It's addicting! She ensured we had EVERYTHING we wanted, and even helped me outside of her hired duties, because THAT is commitment. If you don't choose Blithewold, you are seriously missing out! LOVE YOU KAREN! XOXO

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Bethany C

Let me begin by saying, I come from an Italian family so food matters... a lot! We got married last month and were absolutely thrilled with Blackstone Caterers. We worked with Danielle to design our dream menu. I'm originally from Rhode Island and my husband is from Georgia. It... Read More was important to us to reflect both sides on our menu. Thanks to Blackstone, our guests loved our items like fried green tomato caprese salad (appetizer) and bacon/cheddar grits in a shot glass (cocktail hour). We served filet and scallops - both were absolutely delicious. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and the scallops tasted so fresh. We had people throughout the night coming up to us saying, "that was the best food I've ever had at a wedding." Throughout the night, Blackstone's staff was attentive to us and always made sure we had what we needed. On a personal note, Blackstone's staff cares and truly wants your day to be as perfect as you want it. Their attention to detail made all the difference. I would recommend Blackstone over and over again!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Sarah P

The guests were very, very impressed with the catering at our wedding. The food was delicious (better than your normal bland wedding food), the staff were professional and helpful, everyone and everything was ready on time, and the decorations they brought were perfect for our... Read More wedding. While the groom and I were running around with the guests, the Blackstone staff made sure we were well-fed and always had drinks in hand. The full experience surpassed my expectations. I am so happy that we went with Blackstone!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Elizabeth B

Couldn't have asked for better caterers. Karen Riley Tungett was a breeze to work with; she answered emails promptly, helped me work within my budget, and made me feel as ease throughout the whole planning process. Most importantly, the food was exceptional. Everything is made... Read More on site (which is not the case for all caterers). You get what you pay for & it's well worth it for Blackstone Caterers.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Food was outstanding...so easy to work with and they made it all seem easy. Blackstone was recommended by our venue Blithewold. they worked together like a hand and glove...we could not have made a better choice!

Amazing food

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Rachel R

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Blackstone! Guests were obsessed with our food, especially our apps. All the wait staff was excellent. My niece ended up falling asleep at the reception and one of the waitstaff actually went to her car and got a blanket for her.... Read More I worked with Shannon and she was great and made me feel like everything was taken care of.

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Christina L

We hired Blackstone to cater our wedding reception at The Towers in Narragansett. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was. We had the raw bar as an option at our cocktail hour and the shrimp were huge! We worked with Shannon beforehand. She is always... Read More pleasant and willing to help you out with anything that you may need. All of the staff at the reception were professional and on point. Blackstone is definitely worth the money. You won't have any regrets!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Mariana D

Could not rave enough about this amazing catering company. Shannon was great, she answered all of me email in a timely manner. She answered all of my silly questions. They had amazing options. The tasting was great! There were many different linens I could pick from and it was a... Read More lot easier than I thought considering I'm quite picky. My guest could not stop raving about the food and the service. We had our own personal server, which was great. App were brought to us while we were taking pictures. Everything looked great, they helped set up my centerpieces, place cards, and dessert table. If I could I would give them 10 stars.

Top caterer Rhode Island

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Heather C

They have such a great reputation I don't need to elaborate, but suffice it to say I now see why they have such a great one! Great service, food, and total package. So nice and easy to work with. Deliver quality food that feels like you're at an upscale restaurant even though... Read More you're feeding a large quantity of people. Definitely recommend!