Blissful Beginnings Wedding and Event Design

New England, Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Bridal Shower, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

20 Beaver Lane, Bedford, NH New England, Portsmouth, New Hampshire (603) 490-1514

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Ryan M

I'm not sure where to begin when talking about Melanie. I truly could not have pulled off our dream wedding without her help. She is an absolute expert in her field and a dream to work with. She is so professional, knowledgeable and she loves to have fun! Every meeting we had... Read More with her before the wedding we walked away more at ease than ever that she would help us pull off the best day of our lives and she delivered and then some. We had multiple people say they had never seen someone so organized and professional. You will not be sorry hiring her! She took care of everything but also kept us in the loop and wanted to help us make the right decision and steer us in the right direction. In addition to how amazing she is, all of the vendors she recommended to us were some of our favorites to work with. We're already trying to think of another party we can hire her for just to have her back in our lives!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kara P

I first heard about Melanie through mutual friends. I was told she was fantastic and I would be lucky to get her. Initially I didn’t think we needed a wedding planner and truthfully I was nervous, because I’m definitely a control freak. But, when we finally realized we needed a... Read More planner/coordinator for our backyard wedding- we interviewed two women, Melanie and one local woman who used to work for our selected caterer. Seems like a no-brainer, right? The local woman was good, actually really good. But Melanie was better. She was high energy, optimistic, had REALLY good ideas and she allowed me to control anything I wanted- huge bonus for me! We clicked immediately. I booked Melanie for my June 25th wedding and instantly felt better and so did my parents (who were hosting the wedding at their home). An outdoor backyard wedding means more planning and more vendors, and definitely more work but Melanie was very familiar with tented outdoor venues of all shapes and sizes. Leading up to the big day, Melanie was available every time needed her. She helped with invitation fonts, seating charts, floor plans, coordinating with vendors, bar menu, dinner menu, ceremony timing, overall itinerary, welcome boxes, parking, transportation, etc. I could go on and on. One thing that really stood out to my mom and I was how willing Melanie was to provide us with all of her “wedding supplies” as part of her service. Rental companies make a killing on brides viewing cute idea on printerest. Melanie IS the human form of pinterest. She has frames, chalk boards, cork boards, votives, candles, baskets, lanterns, runners, signs, etc. And if she didn’t have it, she knew exactly where to get it. Somehow, someway she was able to find 200 sparklers for me 3 days before the wedding. Melanie made me feel completely at ease on the day of my wedding. That morning coordinated everything behind the scenes and never made me worry about a single thing. After the ceremony she was there to keep everyone on schedule and was constantly checking to make sure my husband and I were having a great time. Melanie was also somehow they only one around when it time to remove my veil and put flowers in my hair. She was certainly qualified for the job, and I was happy she was there for that moment. Fast forward 6 months after our wedding, my husband and I found Melanie coordinating another wedding we were attending. During the reception the clasp of my dress completely broke. Melanie was there with a fix not once but twice. Melanie will always have a special place in my heart. She pulled off quite a day. I am eternally grateful.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Justin S

My wife and I hired Melanie for our recent summer wedding as both the organizer and officiant. I will admit at first I was a little trepidatious at the need for an organizer of our wedding. In all seriousness, it was the best thing we spent money on for the wedding. Looking... Read More back, I can’t even imagine how we would have had a wedding without Melanie. She made such an impact on our wedding planning, the day of preparations, and officiating that I feel the need to separate them into different sections for a complete review. I was unfortunately abroad during the wedding planning process leaving most of the wedding to be planned by wife. Thankfully Melanie didn’t skip a beat and kept us on point during the entire planning process, all within budget. She told us when things would need to be completed by and never let anything slip through the cracks. One of the best parts from the planning perspective was that she was always an email or phone call away for an answer to any of our questions. So many times during the planning process we would hit a wall and with melanie you have an experienced wedding planner who has seen it all and can answer any questions. Our wedding planning quickly turned into, let's just ask Melanie to make sure, and just having her experience and wedding knowledge to turn to was invaluable. When it came to the day of the wedding Melanie really took the stress out of the entire process. One of the main reasons we used Melanie was because we didn’t want our families worrying about the wedding set up and preparations. She showed up early on the day of the wedding and worked with all of the vendors which she had been in correspondence with the entire time. I literally sat by the pool at the hotel, completely stress free as she ran the show. The best part was all the little details that you just don’t think of the day of your wedding, you knew were being handled by a professional who really cared. When I finally was getting ready for the wedding and my tuxedo shirt holes were too small for the studs I was using the first person I asked for was Melanie. She quickly tracked down scissors and literally cut the holes in my shirt just a smidge larger so the studs would fit! This is just one example of the hundreds of little things she did to make everything work smoothly. As an officiant Melanie was truly above and beyond. She worked with my wife and I in creating a service that fit who we were completely. She was extremely flexible and really focused on making it about what my wife and I wanted. You know the officiant was outstanding when other people in the industry, like our photographer, can’t stop complimenting how well she did. Overall, it was everything we wanted and I wouldn’t have wanted any other person to have had such a large impact on that important moment in our life. When friends ask us for advice in planning their own wedding the first thing I say is hire a wedding organizer, specifically Melanie. She truly made our wedding the amazing day it was and I could never thank her enough. To really have the perfect wedding you have been dreaming of you need a professional who has seen it all, can handle any situation and cares about who you are. Melanie truly embodies all of these and more and is the reason why our wedding was such a success. Seriously stop thinking about it and just call her already!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Marie L

Melanie is amazing!! I worked with her over 2 years to plan my 200+ outdoor wedding. She was so professional and helpful through the process. She eased my mind with my many questions and always had great suggestions for our special day. She helped me with menus, rental orders,... Read More timelines, contacting other vendors, etc. The day of the wedding everything went so smooth and it was because of Melanie. There were several vendors to coordinate and everything went off without a hitch! My husband, families and I are SO happy with how everything turned out and it was truly because of Melanie's hard work and attention to detail. I highly recommend working with Melanie, she will make your special day even more perfect than you could have imagined.

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Frances N

We cannot thank Melanie enough for making our wedding absolutely perfect. She met with us multiple times during the year before our wedding, taking care of all the details and saving us money on all of the rentals. She coordinated every vendor, orchestrated the detailed setup,... Read More and addressed every detail we asked for. Melanie was the most amazing, though, the day of the wedding. She stopped by the house early in the morning while the girls were getting ready, taking last-minute items to the venue. At the church, she was there making sure everything ran smoothly. Then, like magic, she was at the reception checking with the band on all the songs, adjusting the tent for temperature, communicating with servers about food, and even helping me get my dress bustled when I arrived! At the end of the night, she somehow coordinated more than a hundred remaining guests to light sparklers and create a sparkler salute for our exit. Guests commented on how unbelievable Melanie's management was...we could not have pulled off this kind of wedding without her. Melanie, thank you times a million. Fran & Jon

Melanie is pure perfection! Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Sara L

Melanie was spot on from the very beginning stages of planning until the end of of our special day. Melanie really took the time to get to know us as people. Her knowledge was invaluable. I'm a grad student and simply did not have time to do the research I would have liked to do... Read More on my own. Melanie's expertise made us feel confident every step of the way. Her ceremony was so special and perfect, we're going to find a way to save it in some format with our wedding pictures. I can't say enough nice things about her. Plus, she happens to be a spectacular person to boot!

Upbeat and fun to work with!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Rachael K

Melanie Voros of Blissful Beginnings was the perfect fit for our wedding officiant. We got along very well and understood what my husband and I were looking for in a wedding ceremony. She created a personal and hertfelt ceremony for our wedding day. Melanie was willing to meet... Read More with us whenever to go over questions/changes to the ceremony before the big day.

Melanie of Blissful Beginnings is the Best

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Shelley D

If you are considering hiring a wedding planner, RUN, DON'T WALK, to the phone and hire Melanie, owner of Blissful Beginnings. Melanie is not only the best wedding planner/coordinator you could hire, she is the best consultant or contractor of ANY type that you could hire. And... Read More she is a caring, good hearted person on top of that. She knows wedding planning and coordinating inside and out, including the best vendors to use at your wedding. She recommended a terrific band, florist, photographer, transportation for our guests, and lighting. She ordered and addressed our invitations; purchased and packed beautiful hotel guest bags; and ordered and assembled delectable party favor confections. Melanie answers every e-mail and telephone call very promptly, often instantly. She has endless patience in answering any and all questions, no matter how detailed. She is very considerate about driving to a client's home for meetings. She is brilliant at scheduling every minute of a 6-hour wedding so that all of the many moving parts flow smoothly. My daughter's wedding was wonderful, and Melanie deserves most of the credit. Your family should enjoy the guests, food, and music without having to manage the practical details. Melanie will have your back. Hiring her was the single best decision we made in preparing for my daughter's wedding. All the good things that followed flowed from that decision.

June Wedding

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Rachelle H

Thanks Melanie for making our dream Wedding Ceremony come true!! The touches she gave to the ceremony were beautiful and made it really feel like our Wedding and not just like all the rest. The price was great and the service was even better!!

July 3rd Wedding

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Liz B

We used Melanie from Blissful Beginnings for wedding planning and cant imagine how we would have pulled off our wedding without her. She was fabulous and so organized. She took care of things without us having to say anything and thought of things we would not have though of. We... Read More highly recommend Melanie to anyone who wants to have a care free wedding day. L&J

Melanie is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/03/2011 Elisabeth G

I don't know how to put into words how amazing Melanie was! She came through for us when the original person we hired to perform our ceremony disappeared, and both of us agree that was the luckiest thing that could have happened. We loved Melanie and are SO happy she was able to... Read More do the ceremony! She was such a pleasure to work with, both of us liked her down to earth manner and how easy she was to talk with. And the ceremony she wrote for us was absolutely beautiful! I lost count of the number of compliments we got on it! If you are looking or still considering someone to help you write and perform that perfect wedding ceremony, stop right here! You've found the perfect match! And thanks again Melanie!!! :)

We actually got compliments on our ceremony!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Cristin C

Where do I start with Melanie? She was amazing, comforting and REALLY does her job to perfection. This is what she does and this only. She made our ceremony perfectly us. It was sweet, humorous (since we asked for it!) and our guests actually complimented us on it. It was the... Read More perfect length and didn't leave our guests going "that was it?" or "how much longer until cocktail hour?" She can also help you with anything you need help with and was just comforting knowing that she was the one to marry us. You'll all love her like we did!