Blissful Events

Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, Northern & Southern CA

Want a Blissful day?

Blissful Events will create your elegant event with vision and personality -- freeing you to embrace this special time of celebration. Let us bring together tradition, family and friends with exquisite attention to detail. We offer customized packages tailored just for you!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

120 4th Street $2163, Petaluma, CA Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, Northern & Southern CA (415) 497-2280

How to spell "relief"? Blissful Events.

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

We hired Blissful Events for day-of wedding planning. Samar was extremely accommodating to our needs during the pre-wedding meetings, going beyond her contractual duties and taking extra time to make sure she got all the details and information she needed from us. Come wedding... Read More day, she and Elizabeth were wonderful. As far as I knew, the wedding went off without a hitch—which means they did an excellent job :) They were polite and unobtrusive, yet managed to orchestrate all the components smoothly and on time. Do yourselves a favor and hire Blissful Events.

2013-08-21T14:14:57 Response from the vendor

Hi Jenny, Thank you so much for your sweet words! You guys were so much fun to plan with and work with. Thank you for being so wonderful! =) Samar

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Andrea F

My wife and I agree hiring Samar was the best money spent during the entire wedding planning process. I thought I could handle planning our 130 person wedding on my own. Less than three months out from the wedding date I realized I was in over my head, and needed a professional.... Read More Samar jumped in to an unconventional situation, taking the reigns of our half-planned wedding as time was ticking down. Samar asked great thought provoking questions of us in pre event meetings and made appropriate suggestions while shopping for rentals; she’s organized to a T, and has fantastic contacts with vendors. She was upfront and communicative about budgets, and worked within our limits. Our venue did not typically host weddings, we needed to rent everything and contract with outside staff. The date was a holiday weekend and staff was hard to find on short notice; Samar made it happen. The event was beautiful, hospitable to guests, and a reflection of my wife and my relationship. The details I would not have thought of, like lighting, signage, and flow of the event made all the difference. Samar has the day-of timelined out to the minute. We got to fully enjoy our wedding day, get ready with our bridal parties and know that Saamar had everything taken care of. Working with Blissful Events is a wedding gift to yourself! I recommend Blissful Events wholeheartedly!

2016-12-08T16:41:00 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor and a pleasure getting to work with such wonderful women! I enjoyed every second! Thank you for your kind words! I wish you both all the best with a blissful life together! =) Samar

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Thank goodness our friends referred us to Samar and Blissful Events for our pre-wedding and day-of planning. I don't know what we would have done without her! Samar met with us several times in the lead up to our very DIY wedding at a venue that had never done weddings before.... Read More Together with Samar we were responsible for every detail. Thanks to Samar's careful planning nothing was missed and the day went perfectly. There were no missed details, and thanks to her presence we were able to enjoy every moment of our day as participants rather than planners. A few things I'll highlight that were amazing/helpful: 1) Samar has developed a well-tested wedding planning toolkit which we used extensively. There definitely would have been missed steps without this, and without her careful review of our plan. 2) Samar offered creative solutions to problems we didn't know how to handle. For example, the spot we wanted to get married on had a big burn mark in the grass from bonfires. We had no idea what to do about it. Samar came up with the perfect solution: use a square of sod to cover it up! Cheap, effective, and easy to do. 3) Samar helped us coordinate several different vendors, meaning I didn't have to think about it at all on day of. That was an enormous relief. 4) Samar kept her cool all day. Everything felt totally under control. She even indulged me by texting me photos of the reception area set up so that I could see that everything was going exactly according to plan. 5) Samar arranged for a bottle of champagne and clean room to be awaiting us at the end of the night. I didn't realize it, but coming back to an ordered little sanctuary at the end of that amazing day was so important. On top of all of this Samar was responsive, friendly and just generally fun to work with. I couldn't recommend her more highly, and have already passed her name along to several good friends who are engaged. You will be in great hands with Blissful Events!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Olivia S

Sandi McCrakin is the absolute best! We planned a destination wedding, so the majority of our communication was over the phone or via email. Despite this, Sandi managed to capture the true essence of our relationship. The ceremony was better than we could have ever expected, and... Read More all our guests raved about it! Sandi is kind, thoughtful, and truly talented. Thank you for giving us the perfect ceremony!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Jaime B

Planning my wedding is so much easier than I could have ever hoped for. All my visions are coming to life. From the very first phone call I knew Blissful Events would be perfect. I'm so excited for our wedding. Thank you Samar! -Jaime

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

WOW! Samar was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our daughter was married last month. The wedding was at a somewhat remote site and Samar made EVERYTHING seamless. As mother of the bride we were not sure we needed a wedding planner but now I tell everyone it is a... Read More necessity. She made our daughters day perfect and trouble free.

Elegant & Flawless

Reviewed on 8/19/2014

Samar is absolutely the BEST at what she does! She is attentive, organized, detail-oriented, professional, has great taste and style, and keeps a calm demeanor and a smiling face no matter what the circumstances. She will make your event flawless and memorable, and make sure... Read More you have nothing to worry about.

Samar is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Rebecca P

I hired Samar with a month to go before my October wedding. Last minute I decided to hire a day-of coordinator so I could actually enjoy my wedding. I contacted about 10 different coordinators and Samar was the only one that I felt was actually listening to me!!! I felt like... Read More most of the coordinators I spoke with were pretentious and all about themselves. Not Samar though, she wanted to hear about my vision and how she could help me. She was easy going, but super professional. She was great about keeping me updated and was always there when I needed her. I highly recommend Samar! She will make your wedding happen exactly how you vision. The girl gets things done!

Absolutely Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Marta N

We hired Samar as our day-of coordinator and some additional pre-wedding design help for our wedding on September 21, 2013. We were away on our honeymoon until just yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to write a review sooner, but Samar was AMAZING. I had so much fun... Read More meeting with her before the wedding during the planning process. She was incredibly helpful and always had wonderful ideas. Her warm, bubbly personality was a pleasure to work with, and she worked SO well with all the other vendors at our wedding. At the last minute, our weather forecast changed and it appeared that we would have a rainy wedding. The morning of the wedding it was pouring rain. However, Samar was attentive and flexible and ready for everything. I did not have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding, and I was able to simply enjoy the entire day with my husband. During the reception Samar checked in periodically to remind of things like cake cutting, etc. and to keep people where they were supposed to be, but she was so kind and relaxed about it. Everyone had wonderful things to say about how on top of it, yet calm Samar was. The sun ended up coming out just in time to dry everything up and make a beautiful appearance at our wedding. Our day was a dream come true, and we simply would not have been able to enjoy the day like we did without Samar's help!

dc planning for sonoma wedding

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Sara E

Samar and her team were the reason our vision came to life. We loved every minute of working with Samar and Blissful Events and they made it very easy on us especially taking into account that we were planning from afar! Always fun and now my husband and myself consider Samar... Read More a friend as well as our wedding planner! s&j

Working with Samar & Blissful Events was amazing!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013

As a vendor, all you want when working with another vendor is that they're organized, on top of things and extremely helpful. Samar was all those things and beyond! She goes out of her way to take care of both her brides and the vendors she hires for her weddings. We'd recommend... Read More her to any bay area bride!

Wedding Planner Extraordinaire

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Sarah Wells S

I cannot say enough good things about Samar. We really could not have pulled together our wedding without her. My husband and I live in New York City but decided to have a small (40 person) wedding in Santa Rosa this past September. It’s very difficult to plan a wedding on... Read More the West Coast while living on the East Coast, especially when you can only fit in one 3-day visit during the entire planning period! Luckily, Samar made sure that everything came together perfectly. From our initial meeting with Samar, she really understood the vision for our wedding. As our planning progressed, I never felt nervous about our timeline or our budget. Samar seemed to have it all under control. She works efficiently and calmly which really helped us to feel secure and confident through the whole process. When my husband and I came to California for our one in-person planning weekend, Samar set up numerous meetings with a host of amazing vendors while also leaving time in our schedule for us to enjoy California. In that short time frame, we came away from the weekend with a florist, caterer, cake baker, venue, and unlimited excitement for the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Samar flawlessly coordinated everything and everyone while making sure everything stayed on schedule. When lipstick accidentally fell on my dress, Samar was there with an “emergency” kit to fix it! She literally does it all. My husband and I did not have to worry about a thing. We were able to enjoy ourselves knowing that everything was in Samar’s more-than-capable hands. In addition to being a great wedding planner, Samar is a great person to work so closely with for months. I am happy to have made such a great personal connection with Samar and look forward to being in touch with her for years to come! I honestly can’t think of one aspect of our wedding that I wish we had done differently. It was like a dream, and we have Samar to thank for making it happen! If you are looking for a wedding planner, I would highly recommend Samar!

Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Robyn A

Samar Hattar of Blissful Events is wonderful. We hired her as our Day-Of Coordinator for our October 1st wedding and honestly it wouldn't have been what it was without her. My husband and I planned every detail of our wedding ourselves, but on that day we didn't have to think... Read More about anything, knowing Samar was taking care of all the details and making sure everything was in place and ready to go. I'd recommend her without reservation, she will always have a sweet spot in our hearts.

Awesome Event Planners

Reviewed on 10/04/2010 Buford B

Blissful Events is the best Event Planner company that we have ever been involved with. They are very talented and knowledgeable about the wedding business and what makes weddings perfect

Samar

I am a shameless romantic, When I’m with my friends, I’m the first one on the dance floor. I start every day naming seven things that make me grateful. I have a genius for details, yet love a good surprise. I love the excitement of the City and the beauty of our rolling hills. I am a genuinely happy and positive person even when curve balls get thrown my way.