Bloomingdale Golf Club

Ballroom, Country Club, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

181 Glen Ellyn Rd, Bloomingdale, IL (630) 529-3380

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kohler C

"This is an absolutely beautiful venue!" "Everything is wonderful!" "My dinner was delicious!"- The three most said quotes by our guests at our wedding. This place has it all! We checked out so many venues and none stood out quite like Bloomingdale Golf Club. As soon as we... Read More walked in and looked around we knew that this was the place we wanted to have our wedding. Karen is probably the most accomodating, friendliest, and detail oriented person I've ever met. She loves her job and wants nothing more than to give you the wedding of your dreams! Almost all of our other vendors have worked with Karen before and all had great things to say! You won't find this type of service anywhere else! Take a visit and check out the space. Meet with Karen and you'll know immediately you're in good hands. My husband and I are so happy to have had our special day there. Nothing went wrong. It was everything we wanted! Karen and her staff did an amazing job. We will never forget our venue or Karen!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Stephanie S

What a fantastic day! Karen and Jeff were so interested that everything was perfect for my daughter and her new husband ! They were involved in all aspects of the planning and offered suggestions which we loved. Truly a set of professionals! Lisa was awesome helping with food... Read More and drinks, as well. I would highly recommend this lovely setting for a wedding to any bride-to-be ! Thank you Karen, Jeff and Lisa and everyone else that made this day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Brian H

Karen and Jeff were fantastic in the planning and the execution of our (Liz and I) wedding on 3/25/17.  The reality far exceeded my expectation (and I had set the bar high).  The prime rib was out of this world.  You know when folks say that if they had to do it again, they'd... Read More just go down to city hall. Well, I'm a changed man - I'd do it all over again exactly the same.  Thank you Bloomingdale Golf Club (and everyone involved) for making our day very special indeed.  All the best, Brian and Liz.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jenny Z

Hands down the best family owned business. Karen helped me with every single detail and let us include our polish traditions. She very accommodating and I couldn't of asked for a better experience. all of my guests loved the venue and how private it felt. everything was perfect... Read More from the first meeting with Karen to the wedding day. she helped me plan every step of the way. We were able to take our wedding photos on the golf course and had staff available to help us get to the photo location. Karen and her husband were there on the night of wedding helping with everything. I will definitely recommend this to everyone!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Heather

This place is absolutely amazing and beautiful! We got married, and had our reception, here in August 2016. Karen was there for us every step of the way. Her and Jeff made us feel like family. Any time that we had a question, she made sure sure answered it quickly and that we... Read More understood. The The food was outstanding and all of our guests enjoyed it. The drinks were just as tasty too! Everything was served with class, yet had a relaxed vibe to it, which is exactly what we wanted! The inside took our breath away! We went through many samples finding the exact color and look we were looking for and Karen helped guide us through every step of that and gave lots of great ideas. They set up and took down everything for us! We just left a list of where our personal decorations went, and it was done when we got there. It was an amazing wedding and we enjoyed every minute of it! It was the first place we looked at, and we couldn't find better and neither will you!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 james l

We had an October 2016 wedding at Bloomingdale Golf Club. It was an amazing evening thanks in great part to the staff and owners, Don, Jeff and Karen. Our expectations for the evening in all categories were exceeded. From the settings, to the room and the food/drinks, everything... Read More was first class. We had many compliments from our guests about the evening and many of them were pointed toward the venue. You will not be disappointed if you are considering Bloomingdale Golf Club for your wedding reception!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Jami H

We had our reception at the Bloomingdale Golf Club in November 2016 and we loved everything about it! The room is perfect, with large windows overlooking the golf course and a huge patio that wraps the building! Karen went out of her way to make sure that every detail was... Read More perfect, from the decor to the food! She was amazing! The setting is beautiful and we were able to take amazing photos! The food was delicious and we have received many compliments on it! I can't recommend Bloomingdale Golf Club enough!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Angela R

Choosing Bloomingdale Golf Club to host our wedding reception in September 2016 was the best decision my husband and I made with the wedding planning. From the 1st meeting, we felt like we were a part of Jeff and Karen's family. On the day of, I knew I did not have to worry... Read More about ANYTHING as I trusted Karen and the staff 100%. Everything was so beautiful and our friends and family are still talking about the atmosphere. We can not thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Beth H

Everything about our wedding day was perfect and Bloomingdale made it happen. There's a big difference between a wedding venue that pretends to care and one that really does. Karen and Jeff and their wonderful staff genuinely care about every aspect and it shows. You will not... Read More get better or more personal service anywhere. The setting is superb with a huge wraparound deck with views of the golf course. The food was another reason we booked here, it's award-winning and everyone raved about it. The steak was outstanding. We recommend Bloomingdale golf club in the highest terms. Thank you Karen and Jeff for a day that everyone will remember forever! Love, Beth and Craig Married July 9, 2016

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Bridget S

Having our wedding at Bloomingdale Golf Club was the best wedding decision we had made. They treat all of their guests like family, and the scenery is stunning. Planning with the Helmig family is such a joy and very easy going. The night of the wedding went very smoothly and... Read More everyone had a blast. I would 100% use this venue again.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Lauren H

My husband John and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!! We worked closely with Karen to make our vision a reality! She had many samples and ideas to share to help us create the perfect day! The wait staff was wonderful too! They served our delicious dinner with... Read More white gloves and they didn't use those cheap looking plate covers. The cake was included with the venue and it was excellent. They recommended other vendors we could work with which was great! Our DJ was someone we selected on our own and even he said he loved working with Bloomingdale Golf Club! We had appetizers, a chocolate fountain and chair covers. We also showed a slide show that we created and they were more than happy to set up and take down the projector and screen! For photos we got to take the golf carts around the golf course, which was tons of fun! The pictures turned out great too! We can't thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough! Our vision was brought to life thanks to Karen and her amazing team!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Alexandra W

I cannot say enough about this venue. Absolutely amazing from start to finish. Karen saw my vision from step one and helped me make it happen. The room is BEAUTIFUL!! Karen answered all my questions and went above and beyond to accommodate everything I wanted. The day of my... Read More wedding Karen and Jeff were there the entire night and made sure everything went perfectly. And THE FOOD!!! Fantastic!!!! All of my guests are still talking about how amazing our venue was. I highly recommend Bloomingdale Golf Club!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Brittany L

We couldn't have picked a better venue for our wedding. Karen and her team truly felt like family afterward and definitely treated us as so. They decorated our room better than we could have ever imagined, answered every question big or small and we so helpful. We had guests... Read More compliment us on the view, food, atmosphere for weeks after our wedding. If we had to chose again, we would chose BCG ten times over. We have amazing pictures with our bridal party on the golf course and they even let our dog stop by for a couple pictures! Karen and her husband opened the doors to introduce us to our wedding and it was such a special moment I hold onto. They helped make our big day so perfect in many ways.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Melanie L

We had our reception here on October 15th, 2016. Everything at Bloomingdale Golf Club was beautifully done and extremely impressive! The enitre staff was very professional and helpful everytime we went for meetings or to check out things. Karen was more than we could've asked... Read More for. She was able to work around my night shift schedule, work with family members, and always tried to save us as much money as possible. The course it self is gorgeous and we loved that we were able to go around it and take pictures with the wedding party. We loved that we had access to the veranda the entire night as well just to get some fresh air. The food is fantastic! We have had all of our family members say that it was their favorite wedding meal they've ever had. Karen and the entire staff are so supportive and accomodating. She worked with the vendors and sorted out issues without needing our input. The only other place that I have seen customer service at this level is Disney! They make you feel like a part of a family at Bloomingdale Golf Club.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristin B

Thank you so much to Karen and her team for giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams! After looking at several venues, Bloomingdale Golf Club was the obvious choice and we could not be more pleased with how our wedding turned out. I worked with Karen for about 14 months... Read More leading up the wedding. I had tons of questions and she would always get back to me in a quick and timely matter. She was so incredibly helpful! We had both our ceremony and reception on site. The week of the wedding the weather turned for the worst, and it rained horribly a few days leading up to our wedding. Karen gave me all the pros and cons, was extremely supportive with whichever direction I wanted to choose. The day before the wedding I called Karen frantically asking if there was any way she could get us a tent so I could still have my outdoor wedding and she was able to get it for us! It was a good thing too, because the rain did not let up. The food was incredible, the room looked so stunning and elegant, and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. We had so many family members and friends tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you!! Kristin & Travis Naber

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Joanna M

We looked at 10 venues before finding Bloomingdale Golf Club. The venue was exactly what we were looking for a large open space, the beautiful chandlers, and high windows looking out over the pond. After a few minutes of talking with Karen and Jeff, they sealed the deal with... Read More us! I could not ask for a better duo to coordinate our wedding. They made us both feel right at home, answered all of our questions and treated us like family. They set up all of our decorations and took the lead on making the venue look beautiful for us. Their staff always came by my husband and I, took great care of us. We got married on the hottest day of the year in July and it was about to rain before the ceremony. Karen and Jeff watched the weather the night before and all day to make sure we were ok and had the ceremony we wanted. I highly recommend Bloomingdale Golf Club for your wedding or any event. They really took care of us and I thought that was important while planning the largest event of our live. The only bad thing is now its over and we don't get to see Karen or Jeff anymore. Thank you so much for a wonderful night!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alex P

This is a great venue with a beautiful room and outdoor area. Karen and her staff were absolutely amazing to work with. She guided us through every detail and made sure everything was perfect. At the end of the reception, Karen told us to just enjoy the rest of the night and... Read More that we could come back the next day to pick up all our things. When we returned the next morning she already had everything boxed up for us and ready to go. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amanda Y

From the first time we met with Karen and Jeff we knew that this is where we would get married. Karen was so informative and seemed to really love doing weddings. After we booked, Karen was always available to email back and forth with any questions I had which definitely made... Read More me feel at ease! She welcomed us to stop by and see the space any time we needed to help with planning. The day of our wedding-OMG...Karen and her staff absolutely brought our vision to life. It looked better than I ever imagined. She put together the candy table and it looked beautiful! All our guests commented on how amazing everything looked and how great the entire staff was. Karen and Jeff are two incredible people! They put so much love into their events and we are so happy!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Alexandra S

CEREMONY AND RECEPTION My husband and I were recently married at Bloomingdale Golf Club in June 2016. We could not have had a more perfect day! We looked at 16 venues before finding Bloomingdale. I immediately knew this was the place I was looking for as soon as I walked in. The... Read More ceremony site and inside venue is a combination you will not find anywhere else. It is absolutely gorgeous outside with beautiful greenery and flowers. The arch is also included with the venue and you do not have to pay additional fees. The outside veranda was great for cocktail hour. There are hooks all around the veranda so you can hang anything to complement your decorations from there. The venue inside is just superb. All the décor on the inside are neutral colors. The center of the room has a very high ceiling and there are floor to ceiling windows on three sides of the room. The outside veranda can be accessed from either end of the room allowing easy access to the outside bar for cocktail hour. The veranda faces the golf course with a pond and fountain. It is the perfect scenery especially if you choose to have your ceremony outside. The head table overlooks the golf course. Karen and Jeff are absolutely fantastic! They make you feel like family and right at home. They will accommodate you in in any way that you need. Karen immediately replies to any phone calls or emails. She will give you her honest opinion on wedding tips and is looking out for your best interest. We brought in our own decorations and Karen and Jeff had the decorations looking absolutely beautiful. It really was a spectacular day that couldn't have been done without the two of them. Karen also assisted on the day of the wedding and was the perfect wedding planner included with the venue. She lined up the bridal party and was certain that everyone walking down the aisle was perfectly timed. The pictures from the ceremony looked like a fairy tale wedding. The outdoor cocktail hour including our signature drink was picture perfect. Karen and Jeff joined in on the fun prior to our bridal party announcements. We offered our guests the filet mignon, chicken saltimbocca and grilled salmon. All of the entrees and soup and salad were delicious. The cake was brought to the table for guests to enjoy with their coffee before they visited the sweet table a short time later. The guests are still talking about the late night hot dog cart which they all enjoyed. The view from the veranda at night was beautiful with the lights from the venue and the moon lit skies shinning on the fountain in the pond. We seriously could not have had a more perfect day! Thank you Karen, Jeff and staff for making this once in a lifetime event truly memorable.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Michelle M

Our wedding (both ceremony and reception) at Bloomingdale Golf Club was truly exceptional in every way. The venue itself is just gorgeous and the venue coordinator, Karen, is helpful and responsive to every question or need! She truly brought our vision to reality and was very... Read More open to our ideas. The room is beautiful as it is, but Karen works closely with you to customize anything you need, like linens, chairs, etc. so you can really make it your own. Our guests were raving about the delicious food. The wedding packages include everything (catering and bar service) which makes planning so easy. On our wedding day, we never had to answer any questions or make any decisions. If there was anything amiss, we never knew! Karen handles everything so your wedding reception will flow beautifully. We were able to bring in outside vendors for extra things, like an open air photo booth and string lights for the outdoor veranda (which is phenomenal for cocktail hour!) You are also able to take pictures with your wedding party on the grounds. There is a bridge on the golf course and beautiful trees so the pictures are gorgeous. Included in the wedding package is your cake, which you choose through Central Continental Bakery in Mt. Prospect. The cake was fresh and delicious, just as it was when we had our tasting! Overall, everything was perfect and I couldn't imagine a better place to have our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jonathan B

We had our ceremony and reception at Bloomingdale Golf Course on June 11, 2016. We were very pleased with our overall experience. The ceremony space was not only beautiful but convenient for our guests. There were no other golfers or carts around the ceremony space. The... Read More veranda allowed for late arriving guests to watch without interrupting and for handicapped guests to still partake. The reception hall was beautiful and set up exactly how we wanted it. The food and wait staff was excellent and very friendly. Karen and her husband were extremely helpful all day with setting up and making sure we were accommodated. Karen helped get the bride down the aisle to asking constantly what we needed to make the day perfect. We absolutely loved our wedding day and would recommend Bloomingdale Golf Course for ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

From the minute we stepped into the door to look at this place we were thrilled! The staff is OUTSTANDING! (I am in the resturant business so this meant a lot). The room and beautiful view was perfect! And the process, in general, was smooth, comfortable and actually fun! Our... Read More reception was exactly what we were hoping it would be down to every detail and everyone was on point. The food was absolutely delicious and if there is one thing you MUST have it is the prime rib! Months later I still have guests raving about it!! You could, and I did, cut it with your fork!! We had the best time and would recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Liz M

Bloomingdale Golf Club was an amazing venue for our wedding reception. It is updated with great ceilings, outside veranda and a view onto the golf course. We loved the fact that our wedding was the only celebration happening in the building, not like a banquet hall. They were... Read More also more affordable than most places we looked at. Karen and Jeff are very pleasant and helpful people that want their customers to be as happy as they can be. I had a vision for my wedding and they exceeded that! They were accommodating to our wishes and provided set up before the wedding reception as well. They definitely go above and beyond. We are so glad we had our reception here and you will no be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Christine K

My husband and I wed February 2016 at the Bloomingdale Golf Club. We had the most wonderful, top rated experience working with Karen and the BGC team. When we first started looking at venues and meeting different wedding coordinators, we realized picking the right team was just... Read More as important as picking the right location. My husband and I instantly knew the BGC was our venue when we first met with Karen and her husband. They were warm, friendly, real, and had a ton of experience. Karen was extremely attentive and accommodating from beginning to end. She made everything easy and anytime I needed a professional opinion she was always there. We love her! The space was perfect for us in both size and style. It is beautiful both outside and in. We have some incredible pictures on the grounds. The stone archways out back make for an incredible backdrop. The pricing was very fair. I was blown away when I first saw the space transformed. My husband and I had our actual ceremony in the same room as the reception. It was absolutely gorgeous. The transition from wedding ceremony to reception was very smooth. The food, as well as the service, was fabulous! We received so many compliments on so many different levels that day. If anything went wrong, we had no idea. I highly recommend Karen and the team at the BGC for any event.

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Stephanie G

When Karen told us that the club prided itself on good food and good booze, we had high expectations. All of those expectations were met. The place was fantastic and everyone complimented the food (especially the filet which could be cut with a butter knife). The room has... Read More vaulted ceilings and a cozy feeling among our guests. Karen was so helpful throughout our entire process. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.