The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Blythefield Country Club, with lush green grounds populated with dense groves of tall hardwood trees, is a favorite venue for outdoor weddings. The local area of Belmont, Michigan, is close to the economic and manufacturing center of West Michigan, with Gerald R. Ford International Airport a short drive away. In addition, the Rogue River skirts along the venue and is popular for trout fishing and the various nature preserves located along its banks. The club itself includes an 18-hole golf course, as well as a modern health club.

The outdoor event space provides a virtually unlimited capacity to host wedding receptions and private events. Couples also have the luxury of a large indoor area that can seat up to 200 guests. From classic church-style outdoor ceremonies to cozy indoor receptions by the fireplace, patrons find the venue a fine blend of warm hospitality and exquisite elegance. Large tented events provide stress-free outdoor ceremonies protection from inclement weather and stylish garden furniture renders class and opulence to warm family gatherings.

The indoor space is built as a ballroom with ample space for a dance floor and live entertainment. Large windows and a high ceiling give the event space an expansive atmosphere and ample natural lighting. The indoor space is also utilized as a dining area for outdoor events and there is an elegant pathway that leads guests from the outdoor tented area to the indoor hall.

The quality of food and service is unmatched and a team of qualified wedding event specialists provide a full-service experience to couples that covers the following event management activities:

• Decorations
  • Outdoor lighting
  • Theme design
  • Setup and cleanup

Outdoor vendors are permitted, provided they are cleared with the venue first. The minimum number of guests for booking an event is 100 and the ceremonial style at the venue is country and vintage with a dash of glamorous. There is a specific guest management policy for ceremonies with seats assigned by place cards. The list of guests and their count is provided to the venue one week before the event. All guests, both adults and children, are required to adhere to the club dress code. The guest list needs to include the vendors that are present who require meals:

• DJs
  • Photographers
  • Live entertainers

Couples are welcome to sample the menu prior to the event and the in-house catering services offer plated dinners and buffets. Special cocktail receptions and mouthwatering hors d’oeuvres are a hot favorite for small intimate gatherings and the bar is well-stocked with select wines, beers and spirits. Drinks are served until the time limit of 11:30 p.m. The DJ is required to make a formal announcement.

The site rental fee is due before the event and the cost covers all furniture and dishware. Couples are permitted to opt for a cake from an outside vendor and cutting and serving of cake is included in the site rent package. There is plenty of parking and all event spaces have wheelchair access. Valet parking is available for all guests on request, at an additional charge.

• Piano
  • Chef attendant
  • Golf cart rental for photography
  • Outdoor bar setup for cocktail hour
  • Wedding concierge service

Blythefield, where wedding dreams come true.

Thank you for considering us for your event! We hope you choose us to help make your wedding day as amazing as you imagined. Say “I do!” at our picturesque outdoor ceremony location and dance the night away in our beautiful ballroom. We also have outdoor space for a fabulous tented affair! We are there for you every step of the way! Food, service and venue are unparalleled. Call our Event Director today! 616.361.2661

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

5801 Northland Dr, Belmont, MI (616) 361-2661
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jillian C

BLYTHEFIELD WAS AMAZING for our Sept '16 wedding reception. First off, the location is excellent, easy to get to and many hotel options within five miles or so (essential since much of my family was from the east side of the state). The grounds are gorgeous and I love how the... Read More reception room is sectioned (they also include a side room to use as a bridal suite or for storage). The food was amazing, my guests have rave reviews throughout the night. Henry and Jaclyn were fantastic- they were prompt with responding to any annoying question I had at all hours. They worked with any unique ideas I came up with along the way to make the day special for me and my family. I also have many guests compliment the Blythefield staff- during cocktail hour the trays of appetizers always seemed full and they were very attentive to detail and friendly!! Blythefield accommodated an early set up for me and change in reception hours- I could not have been more pleased with the whole experience! They do an A class job!

2016-09-22T07:11:45 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that you enjoyed your special day! Like you said, we work hard to make everything perfect for you and we do it because we love to. Our main goal is to make sure that our brides are happy and we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Karah S

Blythefield Country Club was spectacular for our wedding reception! Spending summers as a child there, I knew I wouldn't want our reception anywhere else! They truly went above and beyond. The food was delicious and the environment was perfect. From taking pictures on the... Read More beautiful golf course to dancing in the picturesque clubhouse, it was perfect! Henry Smith made sure our every request was met and did a great job! Highly recommend this gorgeous and classic venue- thank you for everything!

2016-09-22T07:13:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are so happy that we could make your day so special and add it to your book of Blythefield memories. Congratulations on your wedding!

Blythefield Wedding May 2015

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Lindsey R

My husband and I recently held our wedding ceremony and reception at Blythefield Country Club and could not have been happier with BCC as a venue. Here's a few of the most important highlights: Event Coordination & Service: Throughout the entire planning process and day-of,... Read More Lindsay Gregg, Blythefield's event coordinator was extremely responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. All of the staff was willing to go out of their way to make the day special and stress-free. This is really the most important highlight as it made the planning process and wedding day so smooth and as easy as possible! Food & Beverage: Our guests have been raving about all of the food in the weeks following the wedding. We also had special his & hers cocktails which were tasty and a big hit. Also, the chef was very willing to accommodate a (delicious!) vegan option for our guests. Ceremony Logistics: Our outdoor ceremony was beautiful and guests had an easy transition to the ballroom for cocktail hour and dinner. Space: The space worked out perfectly for our group of about 150 guests. We felt like everyone was close enough to make it feel like a party, but not crowded. We had a large 15 person King Arthur style head table which worked out well. Our photobooth was just off the dance floor which made for great photos! We highly recommend BCC -- you will be very happy you chose it as your venue!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Leanne W

Blythefield went above and beyond to make our wedding day truly the best day of our lives! I cannot comment enough on how INCREDIBLE their staff is! Everyone was so attentive and accommodating and made the whole experience truly magical! The food was DELICIOUS and I still have... Read More guest telling me how much they loved it even a month after the fact! Truly the perfect and most beautiful place both inside and outside to have a wedding/reception! We were blown away!!

2016-11-02T07:41:57 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you enjoyed your special day! Chef loves to go above and beyond for the bride and her wedding. We are thankful to know that you appreciated all of our hard work. Congratulations again on your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jessica T

Where to start when one has SO many WONDERFUL things to say and share!!! To start, Henry (event coordinator) is the nicest, kindest person, he's organized, professional, personable and will go above and beyond to make sure that your special day goes off without a hitch. The... Read More staff at Blythefield are so professional and kind. I heard nothing but compliments from all of my guests about how attentive, kind and professional the staff was. My husband and I had our reception indoors on April 16, 2016. The venue is gorgeous and unique with the beautiful vaulted ceilings and wooden beams. The chef at Blythefield is AMAZING!!! Once again, I heard nothing but compliments from all of our guests on how delicious the food was. The serving size was plenty...none of your guests will go hungry! Everyone at Blythefield helped make our special day even more special and memorable! All Blythefield staff that we had contact with were kind-hearted, personable, and professional. They made the planning process simple and easy to understand and they made our wedding day fun and enjoyable! THANK YOU, BLYTHEFIELD!!!! My husband and I, and our loved ones are so thankful for how wonderful all of you were on our special day!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Abigail E

The indoor reception hall was so beautiful and all the staff were so helpful! The event coordinator Henry kept in close contact throughout all the planning and helped every step of the way! On the day of, everything ran as smoothly as we could have imagined. Also, the grounds... Read More of the course are so beautiful we were able to capture some amazing photos there :)

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sarah W

The team at Blythefield was extremely helpful and ensured our wedding reception went very smoothly. They created a custom BBQ buffet dinner (delicious!), got the beer we requested, timing of the evening went extremely smoothly, and there were absolutely no hiccups! Everyone... Read More raved about the food (and they were great at handling some food allergies), the service, and how much fun it was. The venue is extremely elegant and very flexible and family-friendly with the porch and outdoor areas. Henry was awesome and was great at communicating with me the week of the event to ensure everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better venue and food! Thanks for everything! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I recently attended a beautiful wedding at Blythefield. The outdoor October ceremony was stunning with the fall colors. The reception was everything you would want for your guests. The appetizer were delicious and the guys at my table could have filled up on just those. But... Read More good thing they didn't, because the dinner was amazing. I know my family had a wonderful time and we were all impressed with the atmosphere and service that Blythefield offered!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Beautiful Wedding! Lindsey Gregg and the staff at Blythefield Country Club made my granddaughter's wedding and reception the most beautiful wedding I have every attended.

Awesome Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Blythefield Country Club went above and beyond. The setting, service, and staff were outstanding. The food was exactly what we asked for and more. Thanks so much for making this day special for our family.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Emma C

Lindsay and the entire Blythefield team did an exceptional job throughout the wedding planning process and on our wedding day. I've received many compliments from my guests on the staff, food, and venue. Even though the weather was not in our favor and we could not have our... Read More ceremony outside as planned, we still had the intimate wedding ceremony we were looking for using Blythefield's beautiful indoor ceremony option. It was a perfect day and one that we will always remember. Thank you, Lindsay and Blythefield!

Perfect Weather and a Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Overall we're really, really happy with how everything turned out and how our day went. We had an outdoor ceremony at Blythefield and their arrangement works great. It was extremely nice being able to have everything at a single site and we think it made it really easy for... Read More guests having it all in one location so they didn't have to relocate. The reception went great as well with everything flowing smoothly. All of our guests had nothing but good things to say as we talked to them during the evening. Lindsay had everything ready to transition as needed at every stage, and she helped out coordinating during both the ceremony and reception. The only thing I can think of for the whole day that was anything less than perfect was my wife and I didn't have champagne for the toasts. But that's a small thing and I can't complain. We would highly recommend Blythefield to any couples considering them interested. We feel really lucky that we were able to host our wedding there.

Schmitt/Wertz Wedding

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

The Venue was beautifully groomed and decorated. Everything was handled perfectly.

Very memorable

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

The entire event from the rehearsal to the reception was very well planned out. The location was perfect. The staff was incredible. They did not miss a thing. The food was 5-star. Not an easy task to pull off on the 14th fairway. Lindsay made sure everything went as... Read More planned.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kelly K

I am a wedding planner and own All Buttoned Up Events. I have been in this business for five years and have never had such a good experience that I reviewed a venue on The Knot. Last night I did a wedding at Blythefield Country Club and it was one of the best experiences I have... Read More ever had. The entire team at Blythefield was attentive and friendly to all guests needs. The food was delicious and never have I been asked so many times if I needed anything. Servers were walking around all night asking all guests if they needed beverages and plates/silverware were cleared in a timely fashion (which is not always the case). Blythefield does little things that no other venue does like to-go cups of water at the end of the night and offers a dedicated coordinator that stays throughout your ENTIRE event from start to finish. The event coordinators, Lindsay Gregg and Henry deserve a special shout out. Many times it is difficult track down a coordinator or manager at a venue but that is not the case here! They were friendly and helpful and everyone worked together to make the couple's wedding day perfection despite the challenge of rain. You can be confident your guests will be impressed with the level of service and their experience at your wedding or event. Blythefield's staff goes above and beyond and I just cannot express enough how impressed I was. I will be bringing other couples to see this venue because I am confident they will be blow away by and exceptional experience! Thank you!!!!

Schmitt Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Andrew W

Lindsay Gregg and her team did an amazing job coordinating with Modern Day Floral to give Erinn and Joe the most incredible wedding day. Every last detail was perfect. I was in awe of the setting and all the hard work that went into planning this special day. Well done,... Read More Blythefield Country Club! Another perfect wedding in the books!

Lindsay Gregg is AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Lisa S

Searching for a venue was difficult for us. I had always planned an outdoor wedding, but my husband was not too keen on the idea. So I was trying to find a venue that was the best of both worlds. We met with Lindsay in early 2015, and she was phenomenal. I didn't love the venue,... Read More but we both loved Lindsay. She is professional, customer service is over the top, and easy to talk to. She can work with any budget and had a lot of great suggestions. She made me feel like we were her only client. I am so happy we decided to go with Blythefield, and so were our guests! Two weeks after our wedding our guests were still raving about the food and how beautiful our wedding was. The fried chicken is to die for!!! Lindsay even allowed my father to bend the club rules of not allowing hats inside (people wouldn't recognize him without a hat). The only thing I didn't care for was that they charge to run credit cards. So if you can write a check to save some money. But I would still have my reception here many times over, and recommend it to anyone!

I wish I had more kids!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

My daughter had both her ceremony and reception at Blythefield Country Club. She wanted an outdoor wedding, with a relaxed vibe, but absolutely no buffet! We worked with Lindsay Gregg, who walked us through every step of planning. She was very thorough, answered all of our... Read More questions and helped us think through our plans so that things went smoothly. She is easy to reach, especially through email. Most of all, she is a calm presence your wedding day, always a plus! We had a lovely little ceremony by a stately tree, followed by a cocktail hour and reception across the lawn near another stately tree. The space is very open, but the trees give an air of intimacy for each setting. We had a corn hole game set up to play off to one side, and launched 'wish lanterns' after dusk in an open area adjacent to the reception. To give you an idea of the value, we had we had four hors' d'oeuvres (set, not passed), a plated dinner with salad, bread, choice of two entrees, a bar with three wines, two beers, a selection of liquor, and the requisite pop, water, etc., for 137 guests. The cost also includes rental of chairs, linens, tables, dance floor, lighting, and fees for the ceremony, outdoor reception and concierge. The cost also includes golf cart rental to take the bridal party to the photo area, and staff gratuities. The total cost of our event was $13,383.38. I tried to put the price in the little box elsewhere on this page, but I kept getting an error message and I could not submit this review. For you, dear bride, I forsake my anonymity! And if this an iPad bug, dear Knot, please fix. That said, I had a smaller wedding (7/4/15) and the rehearsal dinner for this wedding catered at my home, by two different contractors, both charging the same amount per plate as BCC. For the same price point, just on the food, I would rate Blythefield far and away the best in every way. Well prepared, appealing to the eye, fresh, delicious, perfect portions, pleasing presentation, and, again, delicious. I could have made a meal of the hors' d'oeuvres alone! The staff is very well trained, did a great job serving. They were attentive without being distracting. The area where the event was held is on the far side of the clubhouse, but still accessible; it's close to the course, but doesn't feel like you are in the way of someone's game. In the event of rain, there is an indoor space in reserve. My husband and I happily recommend Blythefield Country Club; if we had more daughters, we'd be back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

August, 2015 Wedding. I cannot imagine a better venue for a wedding and reception. The wedding ceremony was outside and was perfect. Cocktails, dinner, and the reception were a few steps away indoors. Blythefield is all about amazing service and attention to detail. As always,... Read More the serving staff treated our guests like royalty. You will not find a friendlier, more professional serving staff than Blythefield. Chef Hiler worked with us to create a menu just for us. Our guests raved about the food. The entire event was overseen by Lindsay Gregg, Blythefield's Director of Hospitality and Events. She made sure all the details were taken care of and coordinated with our musicians, florists, and the other contractors. The entire Blythefield team made sure my wife and I had the wedding of our dreams.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

I had my wedding and reception at Blythefield Country Club in May, and it was as close to perfect as you can get. Lindsay and the rest of the staff were amazing. I was not the most excited-to-plan bride ever, but they seamlessly filled in all of the blanks, helped me with the... Read More timeline, and generally advised me on important decisions so that the whole thing would go well. The staff definitely can be trusted. The only reason that I remember any little hiccups from the day is that they did such a good job of handling them gracefully! - The food was the best that any of my guests had ever had at a wedding (or at most restaurants for that matter). - The grounds and reception area are beautiful.(My pictures turned out fantastic!) - All of the setup of tables, chairs, linens, etc. was perfect. - The total cost included plated dinner, appetizers, wine/beer/soda/champagne, lunch during setup, chairs/setup for the ceremony, the reception (included table setup, linens, and all of the plates/glasses etc.), the bride room all day, and various other misc. I don't know what else to say other than that I highly recommend Blythefield Country Club!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

It was a clear blue sky on November 1, 2014. Our firstborn was scheduled to be married at Blythefield Country Club in Belmont, Michigan. From the onset, Lindsay Gregg and the professional staff at Blythefield were accessible and professional from the first phone call forward. As... Read More the Mother of the bride I felt overwhelmed largely due to the fact I was recovering from battling a serious year long illness. But thankfully Lindsay and her colleagues executed a wedding and reception that could only, at least I thought, be found in my daughter's dreams. The Blythefield setting was clearly at its peak season; filled with colors of lush fall foliage and dotted with colorful varieties of seasonal flowers making this wedding day an ideal setting for such an occasion. No matter what was happening, the Blythefield staff was always within arms length should we needed any direction or had any questions. The staff was always present when needed but careful to remain " on the sidelines" in effort to not take away from the couples exclusive day. The tables were set just as requested: white tablecloths, soft, pedal pink napkins and centerpieces that inspired comments throughout the evening. The appetizers that Lindsay Gregg (Director of Hospitality and Events) recommended were delectable and just the perfect palette pleaser needed to carry us through until dinner was to be served! Given that this was our very first child to be married, my experience was limited in regard to planning and preparation to say the least. But from The moment that first phone call was made to Blythefield I knew we were in good hands and I can promise any future bride they will not be disappointed if Blythefield is their chosen venue.

Joy to Work With!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

The staff, food and venue was excellent! Couldn't have been more perfect.

Sprich Wedding

Reviewed on 2/26/2015

Blythefield Country Club did an outstanding job from start to finish. There was not stone unturned. The food was great, service was great and the everything went off without a hitch!

Ceremony/Reception venue

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Emma G

The Blythefield Country Club was an amazing venue to have our wedding. We had our ceremony in October under the beautiful tree just outside the club house and it could not have been more perfect. Our guests said that the food was the best that they had ever had at a wedding and... Read More we totally agree! The chef worked with us the help create two dishes that were not on the menu. Chef researched the recipe and the dishes were exactly what we wanted. Lindsay, the director of events, was very helpful and knowledgeable throughout the whole process. She made the planning a whole lot easier. I would highly recommend this venue!

Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Sarah N

We picked Blythefield because we wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception, but we also loved the inside and the fact that we had that as a contingency plan in case the weather didn't work out. Fortunate for us because it rained the afternoon and evening of our wedding!... Read More Blythefield and its staff was amazing working with us and putting plan B into place when the weather didn't cooperate. They made the transition seamlessly and made sure that everything went smoother than we could have expected! The bartenders kept all our guests happy and glasses full all night and the wait staff was fantastic about getting all the food out and managing to serve warm and delicious food to our 160 guests. Thanks to a kind staff member, we were alerted when the sun and a double rainbow popped out during our cocktail hour and we were able to get some wonderful pictures! Blythefield's beautiful setting along with its wonderful staff makes for the perfect wedding venue!

Meet The Events Director

Jaclyn DiPiazza

Hi! My name is Jaclyn DiPiazza and I am the Director of Events, Marketing and Membership at Blythefield. I have been in the events business since I was 16 years old, where I started as a member of the set up crew at a banquet hall. Since then I have worked my way up to the management level. Throughout the years I have gained a lot of experience with events and have seen them from many different angles. As the Director of Events at Blythefield Country Club, I am more than happy to work with you from beginning to end on planning your very special day!