Nature’s Splendor: Your Perfect Backdrop

Milwaukee’s Boerner Botanical Gardens radiates with the wonder of nature. The lush scenery, magnificent lighting and refined décor make a perfect setting for your wedding.

Ballroom, Garden, Park, Tented

Food + Catering

9400 Boerner Dr., Hales Corners, WI (262) 547-9447

Better than we could have imagined!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Jenessa D

My husband and I just got married two weeks ago, and our reception was held at Boerner Botanical Gardens. Our event was the first event since switching from one exclusive caterer to Zilli Hospitality Group being the exclusive caterer. The switch occurred January 1, and our... Read More reception was January 11th. We contacted Zilli’s (actually about a different venue) in February of 2013. When speaking to Lori R. the original venue we were looking at would not work, but she listened and recommended Boerner, due to us wanting a lot of natural light for our day time reception. We were actually thinking of this as a top choice, but at the time was listed under the other caterer (since the switch had not yet occurred.) We met with Lori in March of 2013, and she was able to answer all of our questions, even the weird and very specific ones. We felt confident being in her hands, and signed shortly thereafter. Fast forwarding several months, I found the support and assistance that both Lori and her assistant, Margaret gave us to be crucial in the time when the planning and things that needed to be done to be the most stressful. Margaret had answers to all my questions within 24 hours (usually sooner) and I felt like they really bent over backwards to accommodate me. For example, I was very stressed out at one point about putting centerpieces around Boerner and “decorating” the day before, since our ceremony was at 11 am, and I had hair/makeup appointments that morning. Initially, the rooms were not going to be set up enough for me to get in on Friday to put things around, but just by asking and explaining the situation, they had it available for me the day before. I was able to set everything up Friday, making the wedding day that much less stressful. I felt like any request that I had, they tried their hardest to accommodate, and typically were able to go above and beyond what I had asked. It really felt like I was working with friends, and they just wanted everything to turn out perfect for me. The day of the wedding, everything turned out perfectly, and everything from the food, to the set up that they did, to the kindness of the servers and waitstaff was noticeable. I was the typical “nervous bride” but the waitstaff urged me to eat and really made sure that my groom and I were taken care of. The food was excellent, and even over two weeks later I am still receiving compliments and e-mails asking who did the food, etc. Highlights were the passed appetizers (especially the bacon wrapped chicken and the jasmine rice pops), the stuffed chicken, the beef tenderloin and the garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was excellent though, and people definitely were not hungry when they walked away. Also, a surprise from Zilli’s, was a hot chocolate bar (being a January wedding it was really appreciated!) and enjoyed by all. It was a lovely idea, and I was touched that they threw that in for us. All in all, I would recommend Zilli Hospitality Group hands down to anyone that asked. If I ever need to do another event, I would not hesitate to do so at Boerner Botanical Gardens, and I would definitely trust Zilli’s to do all the food and catering.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Jennifer B

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the event planning staff. They didn't get too involved and sometimes emails went unanswered. But everything else went perfect. The people who did all the set up did an amazing job and the catering staff and bartender were beyond... Read More great. And the food was beyond amazing. The people who attended our wedding were so impressed and everyone who talked to us had nothing but good things to say about the staff and food. Thank you for making our day beyond special. Nothing went wrong thanks to this great staff of people.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sharon F

A few last minute glitches but they corrected them quickly. Beautiful setting, Rose Garden, for our wedding

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Rebecca H

The botanical gardens was the most magical place to have our ceremony! We got married may 7th, I was so worried about weather but it turned out perfect. The annual garden was perfectly bloomed at that time!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Tara K

When we were first looking for a venue - I was in sticker shock and almost went the route of doing everything ourselves at a venue where you could bring in your own vendors- which would have maybe saved us about $3,000 however - I'm so glad we went with zilli and the... Read More gardens!!! You have so much to worry about that they take away that worry for you all along the way! Margaret and Lori were always there answering my questions and it almost felt as if I had a wedding planner with how much they help. And day of you have their team (Deanne ?) worrying for you so you really get to enjoy the moments! And can we talk about the food ? Everyone at my wedding talked about how amazing the food is- and don't worry bride and groom - they give you a plate of appetizers when you sit down because they know you haven't had a chance to enjoy your own food. You have the bar in one room and tables and dancing in the other - we did pay to move the dance floor and loved our own set up so much better - but you have the ability to do that! We created the space how we wanted it! Everyone warned me expect a few things to go wrong - and I can't tell you what went wrong - our day at the Gardens was perfect! Our choice to go with the gardens also made my parents proud - they were so happy to see their investment in my wedding turn out so wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Leah L

This is an absolutely stunning venue. We booked their banquet room and couldn't be happier. Lori and Margret were fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. They were responsive and quick with their communication. Nothing sat for long without a response or follow... Read More through. We had a rather large wedding and I was so impressed with their ability to plan and coordinate it all. They were extremely accommodating, making sure everything we wanted to happen, did. Working with the gardens and with Lori made the whole wedding process stress free. Their in house caterer, Zilli, was also excellent. Their food was absolutely fantastic. They do group taste testings, which was done really well. They have all of their food available for you to sample, we were then able to pick and mix and match based on our package. On the day of the wedding, the coordinator that was there was also fantastic. She was always around, but was never noticed. She made sure the day/night went smoothly and coordinated with everyone. I received many compliments from my guests on how beautiful the venue was, how excellent the food was, and even how fast the bartenders were! Zilli's and the Gardens are a top notch venue and I would use them over and over again!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Libby W

We had our February ceremony with 24 guests in the Garden House Exhibit Room after the Domes were shut down 2 weeks before our wedding. The room was great for our small group, and the interesting history of the construction of the building was an added bonus. Everyone at... Read More Boerner Botanical Gardens was kind, helpful, and sympathetic to our somewhat frantic plan changing. The day went smoothly, and it seemed that everyone walked away happy.

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Sara M

We loved getting married in the gardens - we had so many beautiful photos! The buildings and grounds are gorgeous! The planning was a little tricky, you have two points of contact - one for the gardens and then one if you use any rooms in the main building and cater. Their... Read More info didn't always match up. The garden contact was really helpful though.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Michelle k

We toured 20+ venue sites around the greater Milwaukee area. After touring Zilli's Coast building, they seemed to be the catering company for us, but I did not settle on that location. We ended up touring the Domes and other Zilli's locations, but decided on Botanical Gardens... Read More because it best fit our budget and party size (~190). Zilli's held a "Dreams" dinner/contest that we enjoyed attending. Of course all couples could attend. We were able to get an early taste of the food and an opportunity to win a door prize. For attending the event we were even given free late night food at our wedding. Zilli's menu was top notch. They had an additional free tasting which my (now) husband and I enjoyed. We picked out hors d'oeuvres and each part of our meal there. On the day of our wedding everyone complimented us on the food. We loved the Botanical Gardens. Our wedding was in late September, but the weather was still fine and our guests were able to enjoy the outdoors a little with its pretty scenery. I would recommend Zilli's and the Botanical Gardens location.

Beautiful - Staff was WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Meg M

I can't say enough about the four staff members from ZILLI's Hospitality Group who helped me through all the planning and the day of our wedding! The food was wonderful, the Gardens were beautiful, access was easy and everything went seamlessly!

Great venue and staff!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Tenisha H

My experience with everyone we encountered throughout our planning process was great! From planning our menu, to the phenomenal tasting, to the day of assistance, everything was wonderful! The food was delicious and we received so many compliments!

September Wedding at Boerner Botanical Gardens

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Mitzi M

I had my wedding on September at Boerner Botanical Gardens and it was so beautiful! I booked the place in early June of the same year, so Zilli was very accommodating to my needs. I had a short timeframe to plan the wedding, I am not from Milwaukee but from Madison so they were... Read More patient whenever my husband and I were late for meetings. My Mother who was in charge of decorations and the flowers wanted special accommodations made for us and even though she does not speak English, Lori and Margaret from Zilli were able to make those happen. Zilli was also very flexible with slight changes to the menu since I have a dairy restriction and a gluten free diet. The wedding was beautiful, even though it happened on the the coldest day of September. Our wedding was indoors, the tables were decorated beautifully and the flowers in the gardens looked very pretty in the rain. All the guests had a really great time. Thank you Zilli!

ZHG @ Whitnal Park

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Karly E

I could not have asked for a better experience with ZHG. Boerner Botanical Gardens turned out absolutely amazing! We did have a few miscommunication points - but in the end everything worked out. The price was right for everything that I wanted & ZHG made sure everything was... Read More taken care of for me. They even did a video of our whole wedding & threw in a gift certificate to another Zilli restaurant. :)

Meet The Events Director

Lisa Roebke

Lisa brought her previous catering and sales experience to Zilli Hospitality Group several years ago. Lisa’s organizational strength and knowledge of catering has made her an asset to the event planning team where she assists multiple event designers on a daily basis.