Bourne Mansion

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

500 Montauk Highway, Oakdale, NY

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren R

Can I just say WOW! You walk into the place and already your blown away. It's stunning. But, besides its beauty, its staff was absolutely unbelievable before during and after our wedding. We worked with Miriam for the event planning process. She was wonderful to work with.... Read More Always answered within a few hours (which is very important in the planning process) and helped us plan the most beautiful wedding in the world. The night of our maitre d, Steve was, as my husband calls it, "the man!" He was so fun and was unbelievably attentive the entire night. Steve made sure we ate, drank and had a blast. The venue was so accommodating to our every desire and wish. They made my dreams come true!! And the food...you have never had better until you try their filet!!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Julia

This was the best wedding experience we could've hoped for! We got tons of compliments about how gorgeous the place was and how delicious and amazing all the food was, from cocktail hour to entrees. There was an incredible amount of food, the cocktail hour stations were... Read More beautifully decorated, and all of the staff was very friendly. All our guests left happy and stuffed. Miriam is SO sweet and helpful -- she guided us as we organized our wedding and explained everything along the way. She was not only extremely friendly every time we met with her in person, but she was also very quick to respond to all our phone calls and emails. Steve was our maitre d' and was exceptionally organized and professional, and made sure that we got to enjoy our party -- food and drink included! Everything went so smoothly due to Steve's oversight and we got many compliments from our guests about how attentive and helpful he was to everyone throughout the night. Do yourself a favor and get married here!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Amanda D

My wedding was a fairy tale come true! Only concern was that early arriving guests saw us taking pictures before the ceremony. Wish they could have done a better job of keeping them away! And definitely a little pricier than other venues but worth it!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Caroline M

I could not be happier with how my wedding turned out. The setting is absolutely stunning. The service is impeccable. Miriam was such a big help during the planning process and Steve was amazing on the day of. He always made sure my husband and I had a fresh drink, tasted all... Read More the food, and was even there with a cold cloth for my neck when I got off the dance floor. From the moment my guests arrived to a glass of champagne to when they left with a hot pretzel, everyone was well taken care of. This is a five star venue and beyond five star staff and service.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda C

We had our wedding at the Bourne last night... And it was beyond my expectations amazing!! Steve and Danielle were wedding Angels! My husband spilled food on his jacket and I got chocolate on my dress... And they swooped in and took care of it! The food was to die for... Steve... Read More made sure we ate! The grounds are beautiful, the service is amazing! I wish I could just live there forever. If anyone is thinking about using the Bourne as their venue... Do not hesitate to book it! Our guests have no stopped talking about the beauty of the mansion and the amazing food!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Lauren F

Let’s see. June 10, 2016….72 degrees, not a cloud in the sky overlooking the Great South Bay….behind you a historical landmark….A beautiful 100 year old Mansion….Should I keep going? I will. It was a FAIRYTALE WEDDING. Between having the best Matre d, Steve, an awesome wedding... Read More planner in Deborah Minarik, Miriam who helped put it all together, unbelievable food, cocktail hour inside and out on the gorgeous grounds this place just rocked! Gorgeous big party room with beautiful lighting and great sound. If you want something different and beautiful that your friends and family will talk about for years to come BOOK the Bourne Mansion!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Laura F

We fell in love with Bourne Mansion during our first walkthrough, and booked almost a year and a half in advance for our June 2016 wedding. As the months ticked by, Miriam from Bourne was always very responsive to my emails asking questions about anything and everything, helpful... Read More with figuring out the details, and giving advice about vendors as well. The week before the wedding we met with Steven who manages the actual day of the wedding, and he really had everything in line. He runs a tight ship, for good reason, because on the day of our wedding whenever anything needed to be managed, Steven was right there to take care of it. When our band began playing my father daughter dance song in the middle of a regular dancing set, he sprinted over and told them to quickly change the song, saving some awkwardness for us if they had played the same song twice during the night. Throughout our reception he was always there with a fresh champagne and a cold washcloth to cool us down between dancing. We felt so spoiled! Everything on the day of our wedding went exactly as we'd hoped and planned for, in large part due to the execution of the team at Bourne. All of our guests were so impressed by the gorgeous venue, the stunning ceremony outside, the great food during cocktail hour and dinner, and especially the enhancements we'd added on. We chose to add the ballroom lighting, which was beautiful, and have the midnight snack bar, which was probably one of the most popular items during our wedding. Everyone loved it! On the day of our ceremony it was supposed to rain right when our ceremony was called for, with the forecast becoming more ominous as the day went on. The staff was very flexible, and didn't insist we move it indoors just because of the forecast. We ended up with not one drop of rain, and a beautiful summer evening for our outdoor ceremony. I genuinely appreciated the effort to let us have the outdoor ceremony we were so hoping for. It was a fairytale!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Michelle L

Outstanding! That’s the best way to describe a wedding reception at The Bourne Mansion. It’s a hidden gem on Long Island. My husband and I had our reception on April 24th, 2016. We were a little hesitant at first about choosing the Bourne Mansion because it seemed a little... Read More further away than we had wanted. It was roughly a little over an hour drive from the city, but it was undoubtedly the best decision. Pulling up to the Mansion gives you a very special and elegant feel. Miriam was our contact at Bourne and helped us plan the wedding of our dreams. She gave us a tour of the grounds and we absolutely fell in love. Miriam is so friendly. She walked us through everything and was never once pushy. You could tell she really loves planning weddings at the Mansion. My husband and I only visited one other venue. We realized that nothing could compare to the Bourne and so we quickly booked our date. We kept in contact with Miriam throughout the whole process. We always felt she was genuinely excited for us. About a week before the wedding we sat down with the Maître d’, Steve. Steve is a very nice, organized person, who takes his job very seriously. He broke down the exact timing of how everything would flow on our wedding day. It really put our nerves at ease. We could tell that Steve was the perfect person to be monitoring the details of our day. On our wedding day, we were married at a church and used the mansion grounds for our photos. Both the mansion and its grounds are absolutely stunning and make for some very special and unique photos. The reception itself was flawless. The cocktail hour is set up in a bunch of connecting rooms, which allows guests to spread out and move around easily. They offered a wide variety of food selections for the cocktail hour and there was more than enough to go around. Many guests commented that they were already full before even going into the ballroom. The ballroom has a high ceiling which really makes for a breath-taking venue as guests enter the room. The food was excellent and once again guest could not stop telling us how amazing the food was. The wedding moved smoothly and Steve kept checking in on us and really kept us on schedule. We often hear that brides and grooms don't get to enjoy their wedding but my husband and I truly enjoyed every minute. The professionalism of the staff and help from Miriam and Steve really allowed us to have fun, eat, dance and be worry free. Our wedding day was absolutely amazing and they really made our dream wedding come true. We couldn’t be happier recommending it as a venue for your wedding.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Jillian N

We had our wedding at Bourne Mansion on March 12. To say that it was a beautiful experience would not even do it justice!! I knew from the moment I stepped inside the mansion for a bridal showcase that it was the perfect venue for us. The mansion itself is exquisite!! The... Read More grounds are spacious and when you arrive, you are taken to another time and place. The team at Bourne Mansion/Lessings made the whole planning process a breeze. We worked primarily with Miriam, who was an absolute pleasure!!! She showed such genuine interest in our wedding. She would give us little pearls of wisdom along the way which we greatly appreciated!! The week before the wedding we met with Steve Melita, the manager and Maitre D. Steve is the man! During that meeting, he put all my worries at ease. He provided us with a timeline for our wedding day, which was extremely helpful. Finally our wedding day arrived, and everything ran smoothly, thanks to Steve and the staff at Bourne Mansion. I can't describe how stunning Bourne Mansion looked that day. I had been there several times before, but to see it all set up was unbelievable, especially the ballroom. Our guests loved being able to roam through the different rooms during cocktail hour. And the food.... the food! The food was absolutely delicious. Steve and the staff made sure our every need was taken care of. He gathered our bridal party together and gave us a run-down of the day, which my husband and I hadn't seen when we were in bridal parties ourselves. I am so grateful for the experience we had at Bourne Mansion. Everyone there went above and beyond to make it a memorable night for us, and they succeeded.

NYE Wedding

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Lauren L

We chose to celebrate our New Years Eve wedding at the Bourne Mansion. We could not have made a better choice! From the moment we stepped inside it felt like a fairytale. The mansion was decorated beautifully for the holiday season and the staff followed my crazy decorating... Read More requests perfectly. Miriam helped us along the way with some planning and choosing the menu. She was fantastic and she helped us make the right choices.. our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was! Steven, our maître d, and Nicolette, our bridal attendant, were amazing. They took care of us the entire night and paid such attention to detail. I am so thankful for all of their hard work. If I could do it all over again I would not have changed a thing! I highly reccomend the Bourne Mansion for the perfect wedding venue.

say yes to the bourne!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

The Bourne Mansion… WOW! When you drive up you think WOW! When you walk in you think WOW!! When you go to the tasting WOW! When you are the bride and groom and your guest walk in.. again another WOW!! I was the bride and the Matre D Steve and Faye (Bridal Attendant) service... Read More again was WOW!! Steve runs a tight ship and kept it everything beyond perfect! We felt like the Queen and King! Anything we wanted we had.. they provided us a huge spread of our own cocktail hour.. and even packed our favorites to go home with along with extra meals and tons and tons of cake!!! If you want the amazing service, the bourne is where it is at!! My guests have been raving about the food and the amazing service!! Nothing is a problem at the bourne!!! Top notch everything!! You want to impress…. The bourne is the answer!!! There is a reason why they are known for being the best!!! I was originally a Milleridge bride and then they had there issues I moved on to the bourne where I dealt with Mariam! She was amazing!! She answered all my questions for about 5 months and was always easy to get ahold of and easy to talk, she gave her opinon and her advice, she was always on point! She knows what she is doing!! Go Bourne! Go Bourne!!! Say WOW have the most amazing day of your life.. the Bourne is the Choice!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Jaclyn B

Our wedding on Nov 13, 2015 was a true fairytale at Bourne Mansion. From the second my Husband and I arrived we were treated like royalty from the entire staff. My vision completely came to life thanks to the amazing staff and my wedding day went truly perfect just how i always... Read More dreamed of. Miriam from day one was excellent and helped me plan the whole day perfectly. Any questions i had she replied to right away and was so helpful. Even when i had concerns about certain things she figured out ways to make me at ease. Steve was god sent to us on our wedding day. He kept the day SO organized and made sure my husband and I's every need was taken care of. From the cold rag on our necks when we got warm, to serving us every food at our cocktail house to us so we didnt have to run around. I couldnt have imagined our day without him. Our guests are still raving about our wedding how gorgeous the venue and how amazing the food was, and my husband and i cannot stop smiling. Thank you thank you thank you to the amazing staff! We could not have asked for more!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Mary B

A DREAM COME TRUE. I'm the mother of the bride and had the best experience at the Bourne Mansion. From the first time we saw the mansion we new that was the place for my daughters wedding. It is absolutely beautiful. We got the opportunity to work with Miriam who guided us... Read More through the process. With her knowledge and our vision the wedding turned out to be simply amazing. Miriam was so easy to work with and was very helpful with all our ideas and concerns. The day of the wedding we worked with Steve. He was the maître d. He was the Best! He was on top of everything. He allowed us to enjoy our daughters wedding. We did not have to oversee anything. Steve made sure we had everything we needed as well as the guest. (Of course the bride and groom) He is the BEST at what he does. Not only are the people great to work with but the food is AMAZING too! The day was perfect! I highly recommend the Bourne Mansion.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Diana C

Our wedding at the Bourne Mansion was a complete dream come true. The mansion is simply elegant and it was so special having the entire mansion to ourselves. The majority of our guests told us it was THE BEST wedding they had ever attended. The staff is professional,... Read More accommodating and thorough. I am a perfectionist and a very detail oriented type of person and I was more then pleased with the way they set up the rooms on our wedding. Miriam is extremely helpful and gives great advise. Our guests were extremely complementary of the quality of food during the cocktail hour and our main meal. Our matradee Jake kept the night moving along, was organized and wanted to please our guests. Our wedding photos came out beautiful. There are so many areas in front, in the back and inside to take photos. I was not worried at all if it had rained on my day due to all the options for picture taking. We cannot thank everyone enough at the Bourne Mansion for such a perfect night. I would highly recommend the Bourne Mansion. It is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 ROSARIO C

THE BEST OF THE BEST....WE HAD OUR BATMAN AND CATWOMAN WEDDING HERE, COMPLETE WITH THE BATMOBILE, THE BAT COPTER, AND THE BAT MOTOR CYCLE AND ALL THE VILLAINS...IT WAS JUST A BLAST. TOP NOTCH SERVICE AND DETAIL.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Katie R

Our wedding at the Bourne Mansion in September 2014 was everything we had hoped for. The planning was seamless, thanks to Miriam and her team being very helpful and responsive. Between the scenic cocktail hour on the outside lawn and dinner and dancing in the elegant ballroom,... Read More the venue was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. The staff was incredible – Steve ran the wedding and he didn’t miss a beat!! He kept everything organized and moving at the right pace. The food was delicious and definitely exceeded our expectations. Our guests had a great time and were raving about the party afterwards. Thank you to the Bourne Mansion for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Katie R

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sandra C

The minute I stepped into the Bourne Mansion, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married. Well, my dream came true. It was the most perfect day. Miriam and Steve were an absolute pleasure to work with. They did everything to make sure we would have our dream wedding.... Read More Definitely recommend having your wedding here!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Chelsea E

I had my wedding at Bourne this past September and it was a total dream come true. It was everything I could have wished for and more. The venue is beautiful, the food was great and the staff was very helpful. I loved how we had the entire place to ourselves, as did our... Read More guests. It was an amazing wedding!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Patsy C

My husband and I just got married there and we can't stop raving about how amazing Bourne Mansion was. The mansion itself is absolutely beauitful. The scenery is spectacular. From start to finish, the staff was incredible. Miriam helped us with planning and when it came down... Read More to the tail end, Steve was incredible. I was nervous in the beginning because I had gathered all this stuff together for decorating and no one asked how I wanted it decorated, I left some pictures. I showed up and the mansion was decorated with all the stuff better then I could have imagined. Steve ran the wedding reception so smoothly and beautifully, he was amazing. He overrides some of your choices for the better, he knows exactly what he is doing. Our personal attendant, Feige, was the best!!! She accommodates you the entire night. I can't say enough nice words about her. Those two were the BEST team together and made our wedding night the BEST night of our lives! I absolutely recommend the Bourne Mansion. Thank you, Steve, Feige, and Miriam..you guys are wonderful!

Best Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Meghan S

I used this venue for my wedding just recently and have nothing but positive things to say about the venue. All my guests raved about the venue and the food and the staff. The staff were great to work with and the whole day flowed smoothly and went off without a hitch. A couple... Read More hours before the wedding started we had a little issue with our florist and the Bourne Mansion staff had the issue taken care of before we could even do anything. The staff were easy to reach during the planning process and were more then willing to help out with planning and give little diy ideas that helped to make the wedding decorations unique. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this venue and if I were to do it all again I would choose this venue again. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and the venue was a big part of that!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Kelly C

Everything about Bourne Mansion was perfect, and the entire staff are pros, making the day easy on the couple and family. The food is amazing! Wouldn't have had it anywhere else :)

Great!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Keri S

loved it!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Lauren M

I could not have been happier with Bourne Mansion. Miriam and Ben were great to work with and always got back to me right away with any questions. They were so helpful. And I cannot even begin to explain how WONDERFUL Steve was on the day of the wedding. He made my day so stress... Read More free and I had full trust that if I was forgetting to do something he would be right on top of it. I did not have to think about anything. Before I chose to have my reception at Bourne Mansion I attended a wedding there and even as a guest I could see that he was on top of everything. He was so professional and very funny at the same time. The place is gorgeous and the food is great. I could not have asked for more. Thank you so much Steve, Miriam and Ben!

Handled everything flawlessly

Reviewed on 3/22/2014 Casandra R

The Bourne Mansion was everything we hoped for and more. The staff was attentive, professional, and thorough. There was no detail overlooked and nothing we wanted for. It seemed as though they would have jumped through hoops had we asked them too. I couldn't be happier with our... Read More experience.