Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Austin, TX (512) 716-0453

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

Because my work requires that I travel quite a bit, I knew that I would need a wedding planner. I set appointments with three planners and it was clear within minutes of meeting him that Kevin was the one for me. From the moment we sat down together, his enthusiasm was... Read More contagious. I hired him for full planning and was confident from day one that he would deliver the wedding I wanted, but would not be able to plan because of my work schedule. All of the vendors he brought in were wonderful and I felt that they actually cared about our big day as much as we did. I truly had the perfect wedding. I had several of guests say so as well. At the end of the night, so many people said it was the most amazing wedding they had ever been to. We could not have had this without Kevin's planning and guidance. It all turned out even better than we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brass Tacks Events and our wedding planner Kevin Molesworth. He took our wedding vision from a bunch of my random thoughts and ideas in my head to a perfect wedding day! From day one, his communication was prompt and... Read More extremely helpful. It was clear that his years of experience serve him well, because no matter how bizarre my questions, he always had the answer. Kevin assisted us with every thing from the venue and caterer all the way to the tiniest of details. My husband and I do not live in Austin so having him there was a great relief because he knows every vendor in town and had so many resources. As an admitted "Type-A" personality, I would have never thought that I would be 100% comfortable trusting someone else to take care of my wedding day. That said, I put my whole trust in Kevin, and he did not disappoint. Actually, he went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Thanks to Kevin and Brass Tacks Events, my husband and I, as well as all of our guests, enjoyed a beautiful wedding and fun filled wedding! Don't plan your wedding alone - hire Brass Tacks Events. Trust me!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

I hired Kevin of Brass Tacks Events to plan my wedding and it was a great decision! I knew early on that our venue required everything to be brought in, so hiring a planner was a must, especially since I live in Boston. All of Kevin's vendor recommendation were spot on. His... Read More communication was frequent and thorough and he always made himself available for meetings when I was in town. Like many brides, I was starting to feel anxious during the week of the wedding, but Kevin put all my worries to rest at the rehearsal. Watching him in action, you couldn't feel anything but confident that you were in good hands. On the day of the wedding he kept the tasks and vendors all on time and my husband and I even got to sneak out to take special photos, while still enjoying hours of dancing with friends, because he kept everyone on point. Hiring Brass Tacks Events was the best decision we made because we didn't have to worry about a single thing and could enjoy our wedding! We received lots of compliments from my family on how warm and friendly he was in addition to being professional and efficient.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Abby B

Lindsey from Brass Tacks absolutely saved my wedding. The venue flooded the week before & was able to be salvaged for the big day, but since the rain had left the ground so soft, our outdoor ceremony had to be moved inside the reception hall. I don't know how she pulled it... Read More off, but the ceremony was perfect, I would not have changed a single thing. She kept us on schedule without badgering us, was super organized and communicative from the day we hired her, and was able to handle the issues at hand in a timely and professional manner, and always had a smile on her face and a professional attitude. She was wonderful, I am so so BEYOND thankful for her and everything she did to make our wedding special, she would seriously be a lifesaver for any bride!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Louisa S

Lindsey was the 'day of' coordinator for our family wedding in July. She was incredible. All the planning and organization and work of a year comes down to one day. I was able to relax and completely enjoy the wedding and reception, because Lindsey had it all in hand. She was... Read More awesome.

Such a Pleasure

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Chance M

Kevin and his team were fantastic! We recently had our wedding last March in Driftwood, TX. He answered any questions we had and made the whole wedding planning a lot less stressful than it needed to be. He truly wanted our wedding to be a special moment and his sincerity showed... Read More throughout the whole process. We are so happy we chose Brass Tacks Events.

So Grateful!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Melissa D

A few months before my wedding I started to get very stressed out about the details. Since it was a smaller wedding I thought I didn’t need any help, but soon realized I didn’t want to be the one making sure everything went smooth on the day of my wedding. I wanted to enjoy my... Read More special day stress free, and I was able to do that because of Lindsey. Her confidence and organization instantly eased my anxiety and I was able to live it up on my wedding day knowing she was there and in control. Not only is she extremely professional, but she’s also genuine, and made me feel like my wedding was just as important to her as it was to me. My wedding day is a day that I will remember forever and Brass Tacks was a huge part of making it so special!!!

AMAAAAAAAZING

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Jasmine Rose H

We positively ADORE Kevin. He was amazing throughout the entire process! We just clicked from the first meeting and we could not be more excited that we had him in our corner throughout the wedding planning process. He truly cared about our event and was amazing at bringing us... Read More back from the ledge and reminding us about what the day was all about when we would get too far ahead of ourselves or too bogged down in silly details. He has amazing connections and relationships with other vendors and saved us a TON of money and anxiety. He is a brilliant mastermind when it comes to running and planning events. We would have been lost without him. Do yourself a favor, and book Brass Tacks Events TODAY!!

Fantastic Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Brass Tacks Events Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My new husband and I are just back from our honeymoon and still enjoying every moment and every memory from our wedding day. We hired Brass Tacks to provide full planning. We worked with Kevin and his team for a little over a year and it was a wonderful experience. My husband... Read More and I met at UT, so even though we no longer live in Austin, we still wanted to get married there. We chose a really great downtown venue that was near the university and then turned everything over to Kevin. We had lots of guests coming from out of town, so we knew that a planner would be of great value in that regard. Plus, I could only come back to Austin a few times during the planning, so I wanted someone there to be my eyes and ears. It was clear from the beginning that Kevin had great relationships with vendors and access to everything we could ever imagine. I had a pretty good idea of my vision for the decor, but I like that Kevin could take my ideas and make them even better by personalizing every detail right down to the menus and escort cards. We received so many compliments from our guests. We heard lots of people tell us that it was the best wedding that they had ever been too. I'm sure a lot of people say that to brides just to make them feel better, but I'm positive that our guests were being sincere. Everyone had a great time. The food was great, music was great and everybody was dancing and laughing all night long. It all flowed so perfectly and I have no doubt that this was one of the greatest days I will ever see in my life.

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My now mother-in-law gave me the greatest gift of all when she hired our wedding planner on our behalf. From the moment I got engaged, I was excited to work on my wedding plans, but I knew that other than a pinterest page and some mental images, I really had no idea what I was... Read More doing and how I would get from point A to B. Also, because I don't live in Austin, I didn't know where to begin when hiring local vendors. Kevin seemed to have connections for everything under the sun and all of the vendors we used were absolutely amazing. When we decided late in the game to change from a DJ to a band, he found an awesome 7-piece party band that was a huge hit with all of our guests. I also feel like Kevin really "got" me. I admit that I wasn't always great at articulating my vision, but he seemed to ask all the right questions and in the end everything was perfect. Exactly what I wanted.

Kudos to Kevin

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Writing a 5-star review is not something I take lightly. I travel quite a bit with my work and I have been fortunate enough to stay at some of the finest hotels and dine at the best known restaurants anywhere in the world. I don't believe in hype, I don't buy-in to something... Read More because it's trendy, I simply believe that the finest things should exceed even your greatest expectations. When seeking a professional wedding planner and designer, my philosophy was the same. I was by no means a bridezilla, but much like every bride, I wanted everything to be perfect. That said, it was shocking, to say the least, when I had a meeting with the first wedding planner in Austin and she told me within our first 5 minutes of conversing, "Something always goes wrong on your wedding day so just get over it now and move on." I couldn't believe my ears! I immediately ended the consultation, but could not fight the urge to say in response, "I'm sorry you feel that way. My father is a heart surgeon and I couldn't imagine him ever saying that to a patient before heading into the operating room." My second experience with another planner was not much better. It was not until I met Kevin with Brass Tacks Events that my hope for a perfect wedding day was renewed. Contrary to my previous meetings with other planners, I knew that I was going to hire him within the first five minutes of our consultation. His energy was unbelievable and his excitement and enthusiasm for my ideas was so refreshing. Even when I shared some of my "crazier" ideas, he never said "No, we can't do that." or "Well, that's really hard to pull off." Instead, he seemed to jump at the challenge of something that was different from the norm. The entire planning process was smooth and enjoyable and the wedding day was flawless.

Absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Brittany

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day and I have Brass Tacks Events to thank!! My husband and I had a very limited budget compared to most other weddings and having a BTE coordinator was worth every single penny! From our first meeting we could tell that... Read More everyone at Brass Tacks was so fun and they genuinely love what they do. Their top priority was making sure they understood my vision for the event and made that happen. As I mentioned, we had limited funds and they made suggestions on where to focus our money and how to spend less on certain aspects while still putting on a fun, classy wedding that we got SO many compliments on! We got the "day of" packaged and Kevin and Lindsey were more than happy to look over contracts and talk to vendors to make sure everything was perfect. This alone saved us money and kept us from a potentially disastrous catering situation! Leading up to the wedding, Lindsey was great about keeping in touch, asking detailed questions about everything, and following up with vendors to verify details and arrival times which really put me at ease and gave me confidence that things were under control. She arrived early on the day of the wedding, directed all vendors on setup and timeline details, answered tons of questions for guests, family, and members of the wedding party, and checked in on me periodically to make sure everything was great. Kevin surprised me by showing up and videoing the entire event! Everyone at Brass Tacks truly went above and beyond what was needed and allowed me to be present and enjoy every moment of my wedding day. I absolutely 100% recommend using them as your event coordinators for anything (even, or maybe especially, if you're on a tight budget!) and could not imagine anything they could have done better! Thank you, Brass Tacks!!

Great experience!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Lindsey provided us with excellent service throughout the entire process. She helped us to establish (and stick to) a budget and timeline that allowed us to have the wedding we wanted. She also recommended excellent vendors that fit our vision. Communication was always easy and... Read More available when we needed it. Our wedding day was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better team to get us there. I highly recommend BrassTacks!!!!! Thank you Lindsey for all your hard work!!!

Thank you Brass Tacks!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014

I hired Kevin of Brass Tacks Events to assist in planning every aspect of my wedding. My mother and I had some ideas of things that we wanted, but realistically, we acknowledged soon after I got engaged that we really had no clue what we were doing. From the beginning, I was... Read More really impressed with the way that Kevin could take even my most abstract and incomplete ideas for the wedding and translate them into reality. I admit that I sometimes have a hard time explaining myself and having a planner that would listen to my ramblings and take extra time to work through each element meant a lot to me. I genuinely felt like he had a vested interest in the overall look and success of my wedding. On the day of the wedding I was really pleased to see how Kevin and his team interacted with my guests. They truly made everyone feel like they were a VIP. He really charmed my grandmother by taking great care of her the entire evening. I cannot thank him enough for that as she is so important to me. After we got back from our honeymoon, we were flooded with calls and emails from guests saying that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Everything was absolutely perfect and I know that is all because of Brass Tacks Events.

A joy to work with!

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Rachel L

We cannot say enough good things about Brass Tacks or Lindsey Hollingsworth, our fabulous day-of coordinator who helped make our wedding such a success! We decided late in the game to bring on wedding coordination help, and even with very little time to prepare, Lindsey... Read More jumped in with both feet. She made a very detailed schedule for our day, coordinating with all of our vendors at two separate venues, so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. Because of this level of planning and expertise, our day went off without a hitch. Without. One. Hitch. It was incredible. Lindsey and her team really took care of us. Lindsey is a consummate professional. She knows her stuff, folks. If you are planning a wedding and need some extra support, she's the one for you. Everyone with Brass Tacks was a joy to work with: friendly, helpful and they are truly invested in your "big day". I would recommend their work to anyone planning an event. I already have!

Brass Tacks Events Wedding Planner: Lindsey Hollingsworth

Reviewed on 3/05/2014

Ron and Pat Lasseter want to say: Lindsey Hollingsworth was able to balance the perfection of the theoretical with the beauty of an imperfect wedding reality. Lindsey functions in the "now" and enables her clients to enjoy the "moment." Clients have the need to experience a... Read More tremendous amount of life and love in a single day. Lindsey provides the expertise and the calm leadership that facilitates the satisfaction of these needs. Lindsey Hollingsworth cooperatively creates a plan and adapts that plan as needs arise and as circumstances dictate. She was responsive, yet firm when necessary. Ms. Hollingsworth exuded confidence and competence. She gave the impression that not only is she good at what she does, she loves and enjoys it. Lindsey Hollingsworth's knowledge and experience seem vast, but perhaps her intuitive and instinctual talents are more important. She seemed to know and understand our needs and our fears. We found her to have a positive influence on the entire wedding party. We cannot truly express our appreciation regarding what she did for our daughter's wedding. In our opinion, Lindsey Hollingsworth is not only talented, but gifted. Her talents and gifts could be valuable in many of fields of endeavor. One final thought: Lindsey chose her assistants well. They were very considerate and extremely competent. Grateful clients, Pat and Ron Lasseter

Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

We hired Brass Tacks based on a rave review from my best friend's sister who worked with them on her wedding last year. From the first day of planning to the big day of the wedding, the service was top-notch. Kevin is a consummate professional and handles every detail with the... Read More utmost care. You can tell that he recognizes the great significance of the amount of money we were spending and kept reminding us that he wanted every dollar we spent to have "impact". Not a penny was spent frivolously and a lot of that has to do with the great team of vendors that Kevin put together for us. You will not find a better planner than Kevin of Brass Tacks.

With the right planner, anything is possible!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013

After getting engaged, I immediately put the task of getting a planner at the top of my list. I wanted this to be the very first thing I did. I've heard from several people that many brides become very "Alpha" when it comes to their weddings. Well, that's just not me. I'm... Read More happy to hand over everything...to the right person, of course. I met with five planners and was amazed that four of them told me right out of the gate that my vision was impossible and that my ideas were too difficult to pull off. Everyone except Kevin, that is. I knew within moments of meeting him that he was going to be my guy. Not only did he believe that my vision could be executed, but he was almost as excited at I was. I had one idea that, I admit, was rather quirky, and I can still remember the huge smile that came across his face when I explained it. He clapped his hands and said, "Yes! I love it!", and began drawing up a rough sketch immediately. This is going to sound so dorky, but in that moment he made me feel like a princess and he was this magical wizard granting my every wish. From that day forward, everything was smooth sailing. The planning process was actually fun instead being stressful. Having a planner like Kevin that comes from a place of "Yes", a truly positive space, is priceless. Everything was perfect! Thanks so much to Kevin and his team of angels with Brass Tacks Events.

A wedding to be remembered!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Molly O

I am the groom, not a bride. Most grooms do not write these reviews, it's a man thing, but I felt so strongly about Brass Tacks and their expertise that I asked to write their review. Brass tacks helped my, now wife, plan, coordinate, comfort, and relieve stress from wedding... Read More planning. Our wedding was spectacular, better than I could have ever imagined. My wife planned most of the details, but to have done all the details and coordinated the wedding the day of, would have cost her her dream, she would not have been able to enjoy her own wedding. Brass tacks flawlessly integrated and guided us every step of the way. Kevin was an excellent source for problems, pit falls, and helped to put things in perspective. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner, here's your wake up call, do it. If you are looking for one, look no further. Brass Tacks is professional, tailored, and a joy to work with! David and Molly Katy, Texas

Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 8/09/2013

My husband and I both had full time jobs and were attending grad school full time when we got engaged. We knew that hiring a wedding planner was a given but we were determined to find the RIGHT one for the job. Enter Kevin of Brass Tacks Events. From the vendors to the... Read More timeline to my mildly crazed moments when I needed reassurance, he did it all. My wedding was amazing and I owe it all to Kevin and his team. During the reception, even my father took note of how amazing Kevin was. He walked over to me and said, "I am convinced that when your planner goes to the beach, he walks on the water. He's a miracle worker." Oh...and for all you brides out there that think you can't afford a planner, think again. Because he was always aware of sales and had access to special discounts, he paid for himself in savings. AND, taking away all of my stress throughout the planning process was priceless. The very first time I met Kevin I immediately felt a weight lifted from my shoulders and that carried all the way through to my wedding day. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BRASS TACKS EVENTS TEAM!

Love my wedding planner.

Reviewed on 8/06/2013

Kevin contacted me after receiving my information at a bridal show. He was persistent in setting an appointment with me and I really appreciate that he was! We set up a meeting and my mom and I hit it off with him from the start. He was so friendly, warm and gave us great... Read More ideas. He was able to make a package that fit within our budget and I felt calm and confident with our choice to go with him. Throughout the planning process, Kevin was willing to give advice, calm my nerves and help in any way he could. My fiancee loved him. He was always responsive and offered fantastic recommendations. On the day of the wedding, he went above and beyond. He and his staff were tireless in their efforts and he had a smile on his face for every interaction with me. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! I highly recommend Brass Tacks!

My Amazing Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Kwan N

Thanks so much to Brass Tacks Events for everything they did in planning my wedding. Now that my wedding is over, I have to laugh a little bit as a watch a friend of mine plan her wedding, having not hired a planner. I told her 100 times that she should hire a pro, but she... Read More refused to listen. I never had any anxiety throughout the planning process because Kevin always had everything under control. ...even my crazy mother. (Yes, he even had her swooning and gitty after talking to her on the phone just one time.) My wedding was absolutely beautiful because Kevin made it that way. He treated every guest like a VIP, the vendors he chose were all so wonderful, and his entire staff is so friendly and they create this whole aura of calmness and serenity that you simply just don't get nervous. Seriously, my entire day felt like a trip to the spa. You need a sprite, bam, he's got it for you. Too hot in the bridal suite, bam, he finds the property manager and takes care of it, Bridesmaid leaves her heels locked in the trunk of her car, bam, his assistant fetches them and returns in two minutes. I strongly recommend that every bride in Austin hire Brass Tacks.

Perfect In Every Way!

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 rebecca l

That's the only way to describe my wedding. I'm a UT grad, but moved to Oklahoma when my fiance got a job up there. I knew that I wanted to get married in Austin because I still had so many friends there, but I also knew that I couldn't be making trips down south every weekend... Read More to meet with vendors and find a place to hold the wedding. I heard of Kevin through a friend of a friend that was a bridesmaid in another wedding that he planned. She had such amazing things to say that I was pretty much ready to hire him before we even spoke. Once we chatted by phone, I knew for sure that he was the right planner for me, and now that it's all over, I was absolutely right. I really can't put into words how much Kevin and his team did for me. Aside from all the obvious stuff like helping choose vendors and meeting with them to make sure that every knew what I wanted, he just went so far above and beyond. You can tell that this isn't just a job to him. I have probably a dozen specific examples, but I'm going to share one in particular. My mother had a handerchief that her mother (my grandmother) carried at her wedding and she was going to give it to me before the ceremony as a surprise. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away about a year ago and I was very sad that she wouldn't be there to see me get married. Having the handerchief was like having a part of her there with me. Anyway, on the day of the wedding, my mother realized that she left the handerchief back in the hotel which was about 40 minutes away from the venue. She went to Kevin in tears and without a moment of hesitation, he told her not to worry and that he would have it here in time for the ceremony. He rounded up one of his assistants, took my mom's room key, and sent her to go retrieve it. With 20 minutes to spare, Kevin walked into the bridal suite and took my mom aside and handed it to her. I had no idea what was going on. My mom then walked over to me and handed me the handkerchief and told me a very sweet story about my grandmother's weeding day that I had never heard. I was balling. So was everyone in the room. I hugged my mother like crazy and then she told me what Kevin had done to make it all happen and I hugged the stuffing out of him too. The rest of the day and the party that went well into the night were equally as perfect. The memories of my wedding will absolutely last a lifetime and I owe so much of that to Brass Tacks Events. Thanks guys!!

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Nikki S

My wedding day was absolutely the best day of my life so far and I owe so much of that to Kevin and his team. Being able to turn everything over to him, I was able to focus on my family and friends and not running around looking for vendors like I've seen other brides do at... Read More their weddings. It was such a relief to just sit back, relax and actually enjoy every minute of the whole day. Not only did Brass Tacks deliver a seamless event, but you can tell that the entire staff really cares about what they do. It's not just a job to them. I know it sounds so cliche to say that they are "passionate" about weddings, but they really are. That excitement came through the very first time I met Kevin and was consistent during the entire planning process. After signing a contract with him I never had a doubt in my mind that I was in good hands. Thanks for everything Brass Tacks!