Brea Community Center

Brea, CA

An Ideal Venue for All Occasions

With an elegant ballroom, an outdoor arts garden and a catering kitchen, this one venue has it all. With the flexibility to bring in your own catering and beverage service, the true vision of your event will come to life. Free parking. Childcare services available.

Ballroom, Garden

Rentals + Equipment

695 East Madison Way, Brea, CA (714) 990-7140

Best Venue Ever

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Katie M

I LOVED having my wedding at the BCC! It was fabulous. Clean, beautiful, private, PERFECT. Ceremony in the Art Garden (with complimentary speaker with ipod hookup which we used for aisle music and wireless mic for my minister), cocktails in the Foyer, reception in the... Read More Ballroom. Very nice tables and chairs included for everything. Ballroom has great speakers in the ceiling for perfect sound. Amazing. All of my guests were RAVING about how fabulous and beautiful everything was! And how much they loved having the whole wedding in one location. And I couldn't agree more. It was the best experience. Melissa Davis was wonderful and helpful the whole way through! And Mike was incredibly helpful! Everyone is great! The Jacob Sangiorgio Film Company did my wedding video and everything looks FABULOUS on film! Even better than I remember. Seriously. The Ceremony in the Art Garden looks like a dream. Couldn't be happier.

The Arts Garden at Brea Community

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Who knew that tucked within the Brea Community Center exists a fabulous wedding venue called "The Arts Garden"? We chose the garden to host 130 people for both the ceremony and reception for my daughter's wedding in June. The space transformed beautifully into the garden... Read More wedding of my daughter's dreams by way of floral arrangements enhancing the already lovely grounds. The focal point of the garden is a fabulous pergola which can be decorated to match any theme. A cocktail reception in the Plaza room housed our guests while the BCC staff and caterers swiftly transformed the wedding site into the reception site. It was beautiful. There was plenty of room to seat all of the guests while allowing room for a great buffet, photo booth, cake table and DJ. Our photographer was able to take stunning shots utilizing the striking architecture of the BCC. The Brea staff couldn't have been more accommodating, starting with our coordinator Melissa Davis and eventually her crew on the night of the event. I highly suggest the BCC and any of their facilities, but particularly the Arts Garden!

Brea Community Center

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Tanya T

I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. They just remodeled their outdoor art garden and it looks absolutely beautiful! I got married in October and the flowers were in full bloom and it was meticulously manicured. We worked with Melissa and she helped out in... Read More anyway she could. She was flexible, understanding, and professional. They were also able to accommodate the innout truck. They provide chairs and tables and set them up for us. I had no headaches with them and it cost me less than 3,000. We had the ceremony and the reception there. We used the whole ballroom and it easily fit our 175 guests, we even used the outdoor patio for cocktail hour. The parking was not an issue either. I would recommend the Brea Community Center a thousand times over. They were AWESOME! 10 stars!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lindsay W

We loved having our wedding at the Brea Community Center Arts Garden. It was gorgeous and intimate!! Melissa was extremely easy to work with and helpful through each step of the process. Loved the Arts Garden!!

So pleased!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Joe L

I was so pleased with the attentiveness of staff at the Brea Community Center! Melissa was such a joy to work with and went above and beyond to help take care of any needs we had- even up to the last minute! We booked the garden for our Wedding ceremony and went straight into... Read More the hall for the reception. It was straight forward and helped keep the guests close. And because its a community center, we didn't get up-charged like other wedding venues! It was affordable and beautiful.

Wedding Reception at Brea Community Center

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

Our wedding reception turned out to be everything we wanted and needed for my daughters wedding. Brea Community Center was wonderful and very helpful. Melissa never tired of my many questions. My caterer was very happy with the kitchen. Received our entire... Read More deposit back.

So great! Staff is wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Aaron V

The venue was perfect for our needs. Melissa was our main point of contact and she was always very attentive and answered our many questions in a timely manner. She was very helpful in providing additional resources when requested and just a joy to work with. Day of the event... Read More went very smooth and staff was helpful in any adjustments we asked for. Thanks again for an amazing experience!

Best Decision Ever!

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Monica Y

We had a destination wedding, and needed a place for the reception. Booking the Brea Community Center was the best decision I made! Pros: -Melissa David (Coordinator) is everything you've ever dreamed of. Easy to work with, sweet, friendly, TIMELY, and has an answer to... Read More every question you could think of. -Budget friendly. We were able to book the whole night and have money to book the caterers that we wanted! -They provide the chairs and tables! -Their staff was amazing. They set up tables for us when we needed to try things out, we could stop by the look at the room, they were there during the party for anything/everything that we needed! They were so friendly, readily available, and helpful!! -You can book ANY caterer you want! You can even have a food truck come for your party! This was a BIG BIG party of our decision to book with the BCC. -There is plenty of free parking. -It is easy to find -There is a nice hotel within walking distance. -You can book a full kitchen for the catering staff at a very reasonable price. -All audio/video (including a drop down screen for the wedding video!) is available - and it worked out GREAT! -There is a beautiful, and nicely sized patio outside of the room that is included in the price. -There are plenty of bathrooms that are kept very clean. -The lighting inside was amazing and we were pleasantly surprised by how we could adjust it. -There is a drop off area that made it easy for our caterers and for us to bring in decorations. -They put up nice signs directing our guests to the reception hall. Cons -The floor could use some TLC, but we didn't notice during the party anyways! -Guests have to walk past a gym entrance, meeting rooms, and long hallway to get to the room, but it's still very nice inside.

EXCELLENT VENUE & fantastic helpful employees

Reviewed on 2/11/2015 Leslie P

So our choice for our wedding venue was limited we were trying to keep our entire wedding budget at about $5,000. I checked out the yorba linda community center, and while it was also nice, it was outdated and would need a lot of décor to make it feel like it matched my theme.... Read More The brea community center on the other hand, was modern, clean, and beautiful without any contrasting color themes or ugly wall dividers some community centers have. They charge less if you are a resident of Brea, which I was not, BUT they let a friend of ours sign with us to get the discount! I thought that was extremely helpful and flexible of them! We had our wedding on a Friday Evening (it was a little cheaper than choosing a weekend day and I liked the date) They let us use any vendor we wanted. Alcohol did not require a liquor license and depending on the number of people, only an extra fee for security. We were able to hire a friend of ours to serve drinks which saved us a ton of money and she got some good tips from our guests! Melissa was extremely helpful and responded quickly to all my numerous questions and emails! Originally we were going to use the Arts Garden for our ceremony (it was beautiful) so we had signed up for that and the Patio Room for our reception. When I, the bride, decided I didn't want a big ceremony, Melissa was more than willing to put my deposit towards the reception hall instead and was so kind about me changing my mind. She even said I could still use the garden for pictures (if I kept it to a minimum time). She also, let me add on the partial use of the kitchen and portable bar pretty close to the date. She let me use the nicer white folding chairs that are normally for a ceremony in my reception hall so that I didn't need to rent chair covers for the uglier folding/stacking chairs. Overall, I felt like it was the perfect place for our small and intimate reception of 75 people (although it would most definitely have room for more people too!) Brea Community Center is clean, modern, beautiful and affordable! The staff was accommodating, helpful, kind and flexible with my wants and needs! I highly recommend this center as venue especially if you are looking for beauty and style at a great price! (with the venue, cake, dj, photographer food etc all included we didn't go over $5,600 and I think it is in huge part to us saving money by using the Brea Community Center)

My Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Melissa M

I recently had my wedding at the Brea Community Center in October. I found the whole planning process with them to be quite enjoyable. Melissa Davis was of great help whenever needed, answering all my questions and ensuring things went smoothly. My wedding day was amazing!... Read More The art garden provided the perfect place for my ceremony and the scenery made for beautiful pictures. The ballroom was so spacious for my guests. The outside patio doubled as a cocktail area/photo booth station. Additionally, the staff was so helpful the entire evening. I would highly recommend this site to any future brides.

A No Brainer!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Ashley G

Using Brea Community Center as a venue for our wedding was probably the easiest decision we made! It is a perfect space to hold a wedding. I immediately loved the fact that it had both a ceremony and reception area on site. Great for the guests not having to drive from one... Read More venue to another between ceremony and reception. It was also very important for us to be able to hire all of our own vendors. At this venue you can truly make your wedding your own! It was very important to me to be able to customize our special day exactly how we wanted. Rental rates are very reasonable and by the hour so you are able to rent the spaces for only the time you need. And BONUS! if you are a Brea resident you get a discount. :) The events coordinator, Melissa Davis, is AMAZING! Such an incredibly sweet person and you can tell she really enjoys her job! She answered all our questions during our initial walkthrough (and believe me, I had a TON) and every time I emailed her with questions (which was often) she got back to me right away. Every time I wanted to go to the venue to try out tablecloths etc. she always had her staff set up tables and whatever equipment I needed to try everything out. Note: try to book in advance! There is a high demand for this venue; we booked over a year in a advance and a lot of the dates were already full!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Leticia M

Me and my fiance looked at so many Venues in our planning process. I was so impressed with the Brea Community Center Art Garden that I booked it right away. Melissa Davis has been a gem to work with. She answers any questions she can in a timely manner. I have contacted her... Read More numerous times with different questions and she never makes you feel like your bugging her. Every Bride should check out this venue, I promise you wont be disappointed

BEST Venue EVER

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Jessy L

From the moment we walked in, we knew we'd found our perfect place. What was unexpected, was Melissa's effort! she went above and Beyond anything we could have imagined to make this venue everything I dreamed. We had a large wedding, so this was the perfect size. The venue was... Read More so helpful in setting up the room the way my planner requested. They were amazing, they even let me use one of the smaller rooms as a Bride's room. I loved this place, and plan on using it for other events. The price makes it even better and the fact that you can bring in your own caterers and provide you own bars is a major plus!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 3/06/2014

Melissa was a pleasure to work with and the day of my wedding she was not available....but her staff did an excellent job. They went above and beyond their job duties that day. My wedding day was perfect. Melissa responded in timely manner and was more then accomadating to my... Read More needs during the whole process. The venue is a beautiful place - used the Arts Garden for my ceremony and the hall with patio for my reception.

Jodee, Very Happy Bride

Reviewed on 8/06/2013

Hello future brides, If you are looking for a great venue for your wedding and want to work with great people, then I highly suggest you get married at the Brea Community Center like I did. I looked into a lot of venues,and I had a hard time finding one that met all my... Read More needs. My husband and I were looking for a nice place to get married outside and could be comfortable for our 150 guests. We also wanted to have our wedding reception at our venue but we wanted it indoors. We were on a very tight budget, 5,000 or less and knew we needed a place that was flexible and would allow us to hire our own vendors. Brea Community Center was beautiful, clean and met and exceeded all of our needs. It was perfect for us and our guests. During wedding planning, it felt like just about everything went wrong. Everything but our venue, when I lost my wedding coordinator 3 weeks before our wedding, they took some of the stress off by making some great suggestions and giving us a little extra time for set up. Nicole Andrews is an angel and was professional, helpful and even let me come by to get ideas from another wedding before mine. Melissa also helped and was also great to work with. The entire staff was so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Brea Community Center!!! Make sure and ask for Nicole or Melissa. Their new garden area is beautiful and their reception and dining area is 5,0000 sq. feet. Lots of room to dance the night away. They have an outside area perfect for cocktail area. I am so happy I got married there and so thankful for staff being so wonderful and helpful.

Amazing and affordable!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Natasha H

We were married 7/27/13 and loved that we chose The Brea Community Center. Everyone we dealt with from the beginning until the end were amazing! We shopped around looking for a place that was not only nice and within our budget, but that would also allow us to bring in our own... Read More vendors. We had a specific vision in mind and the BCC helped make it happen! One of our biggest requests was allowing the In-N-Out truck to come and for us to bring in beer from our favorite brewery. This was not an easy task, but our search was over when we found The BCC! They allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams! To top it off the facilities are great and the staff even more! We loved EVERYONE that we worked with there. Nicole and Melissa were so helpful and nice! We dealt with them the most. But the men that worked our event were just as awesome! They helped set up tables and were there with anything else we needed. This is the perfect place for couples on a budget and those that have a DIY vision in mind. Thanks again to everyone at Brea Community Center!

10.12.12

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Clette F

the venue was perfect and affordable!!! Nicole did a great job in staying constant communication. She has great customer service!!! She was one the only few vendors that made the experience enjoyable!! Will never forget her and will refer all of my family and friends!!

Our Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/07/2012 Vanessa C

This location was magnificent. We had about 300 guests and the set up was nice. This venue has hard wood floor and beautiful lighting. The parking is easy and the location is not hard to find.

Best Location we could find

Reviewed on 1/27/2011 Brenda P

We were very particular as far as what we wanted and how much we wanted to pay. First of all, the staff is amazing especially Nicole who handles the reservation and the details. She is friendly, responsible and responsive. I considered our wedding demands to be pretty high... Read More and she was so accomodating. We did a lot of homework and honestly looked at, at least 10 places. When my fiance (at the time) suggested a community center I was very hesistant due to the other centers we had seen and their quality. When we walked in, I was amazed at the facility considering it is a "community center". Very clean, spacious, and newer than any other location we went to. We rented two third of the main hall with access to the patio and the kitchen. The patio is simple and elegant. We especially liked not being forced to use certain caterers and other vendors. As we were searching we found that hotels were very strictive as far as what we could do. Considering the price of the location and the quality, it is no surprise that it rents very far in advance. I can't give this location a high enough rating (and I typically only rate items when I am upset) based off of the price, quality of the location, quality of the staff and the general ease of doing business. We were so happy with the location we are joking about the 10 year anniversary reception. P.S. There is also a BevMo across the street if you need any last minute alcohol runs! ;-)

Great venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2011 Andrea E

I used the community hall for my reception. It was big enough to accomodate all of my guests easily (a little more than 100 people), and there is another section of the room that you can chose to use that will hold around 300 people. The community hall has an awesome patio... Read More attached to it. It's pretty big and it has stone columns and a white grid-like cover above it, which is perfect if you want to hang lights or something outside. The community hall room itself has a very high ceiling, which looks nice, and a huge variety of lights so that you can adjust the lighting however you want for your reception. It also has two projection screens that come down from the ceiling if you want to show a slideshow or something. The person in charge of events for the Brea Community Center is named Nicole and she was completely awesome. She was really nice and super helpful. She was always happy to answer all of my questions and re-email me updated contracts when I changed something. She's fantastic to work with. Finally, because it's a community center, the pricing is really great. I would definitely recommend this venue to others!