Artistic, Documentary

Trash The Dress

2701 Cherokee Street, St. Louis, MO (314) 865-0799

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

I don't even know where to begin. But, I was married on 9.12.15 and Brea was my photographer. Your wedding day and those moments are moments that happen once and you never get them back. Her passive-aggressiveness, disorganization in the lead up, lack of direction (and warmth)... Read More the day of and terrible photos to boot have left me in such a state of sadness and confusion about how this happened. Brea's photography and pictures online looked exactly like my taste and style and we decided to hire her for my wedding after an acquaintance posted her wedding photos that Brea had done. My fiance and I are from St. Louis but live in Chicago. We had a whirlwind romance and (somewhat?) whirlwind planning (9 months). My husband and I work incredibly demanding jobs, so "planning" wasn't something we had the luxury of sadly and honestly...we didn't know what we were doing. I guess I assumed that when you hire a professional photographer they can help guide you the day of, pose you and help you get all those "wedding shots" that you want and again, stupidly assumed wedding photographers took (ex. getting ready photos, posed "portraits with veil, picture of the groom alone, candids, pictures of the bride and groom with rings, etc). But working with Brea, she made me feel guilty, terrified to ask anything, at times threatened us in one email prior to wedding day, complained that holding a bottle of water for my groom as we walked to the car was "not in her contract". She didn't necessarily start off mean...but she got there. Brea is very strict about her timelines and filing out your shot lists wants, but not very good about keeping track of them. I filled out her paperwork 3 times per her request because she first said a computer glitch and the other times...I'm not entirely sure. I think in this process I somehow upset her. And, the passive-aggressiveness began. I would be happy to provide details, screen shots of her emails, etc. But I think the MOST telling thing....is that she didn't post any pictures of our wedding. Because our pictures turned out so horribly, it has been the most disappointing and destructive experience. The worst, is that it felt intentional. My father is deceased, I am an only child and my mother requested one picture - a picture of her lifting my veil. There were many pictures that were missed...I actually don't have ONE picture of my mother and I (having already lost one parent, I know that capturing these memories through photos can later bring you joy in times of pain. But, it was the fact that we shared all of these things with Brea herself and she didn't. I will never get that day back or those moments. She didn't capture most of my ceremony or my mom or my first kiss with my husband or our first dance (even though we paid her extra to stay). She made me feel uncomfortable the entire day and to top it off, we used her recommended videographer who she then blamed for being unable to capture the ceremony and who has still yet to produce a video even though expected delivery was 4 weeks. I didn't know how important it was to have a GREAT photography. Please, do not make the same mistake I did. I'd be happy to give anyone more details.

Best Photographer Ever!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Claire D

Brea was such a pleasure to work with - from the very first time we interacted, to the wedding day, to finalizing prints. She is such a professional, but manages to keep everything fun, lighthearted, and stress-free. Beyond taking the most beautiful photos, she is such a help on... Read More the big day (finding people for pictures or toasts, carrying around lipstick and bobby pins, bringing snacks, being generally supportive...). Brea was such a wonderful addition to our day.

A truly wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Heather G

I was very hesitant to select our wedding photographer. I have ridiculously high expectations and was also on a budget, so I didn't foresee an end result that I would be happy with. That all changed when I met Jessica at a bridal show. I got really good vibes from her and... Read More LOVED her photos. The price was fair and I knew that I was probably making the right choice. However, when we had our engagement session, I knew for a fact that she was the right choice. All of our photos for both the engagement session and the wedding were amazing and my Facebook feed blew up for weeks with people commenting on how amazing they were (that always makes you feel better). Jessica is professional, personable and extremely talented. I would definitely recommend her to brides who don't want commercial/tacky photos, but want authentic, creative and beautiful photos to treasure forever.

Couldn't have been a better experience

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Nicole T

We worked with Jessica for our wedding last December, and the results were exactly what we wanted. My husband was living abroad and I was in Chicago, so we had very few days in St. Louis for planning. Jessica worked around our schedules to meet in person so that she could hear... Read More our story and get to know us before the wedding day. She even brought her camera and snapped a few engagement pictures, which was really nice. The photos were great, and we really felt like she captured our personality. It was the right amount of photo-journalistic and posed shots, and she made everyone feel at ease during the whole day. I'd definitely use Brea Photography again, and would recommend them to my friends.

Outstanding! We couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Jamie G

My husband and I chose Brea Photography after hearing a glowing review from a family friend. We worked with Jessica for our September wedding. She was incredibly courteous and very professional. From our complementary engagement session to the final product of prints and... Read More storybooks Jessica made everything a breeze. She was very punctual in returning my calls and emails and she helped my big day go off without a hitch. She was very easy to work with and we loved every single image we received. We are looking forward to having Jessica take our newborn photos for our baby and many family portrait sessions in the future. We truly couldn't be happier with the service and quality provided by Brea Photography.

awesome day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Brea was just the photographer I was looking for...down to earth, hip to the local scene, and easy to talk to. Not to mention extremely talented and fun! Brea and her staff were very accommodating and helpful on our big day. She added creativity and style to our ideas and... Read More proposed shot list. Just what we needed!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Laura H

I feel so lucky that I stumbled upon Brea Photography in my search for a wedding photographer. From the moment my husband and I met Jessica, we knew it was a perfect fit. She helped us walk through everything from engagement photo ideas to the wedding day timeline. She was... Read More always prompt on responding to emails and easy to work with. Our engagement photos turned out amazing- our family and friends were blown away! And now that our wedding day has come and gone, the beautiful photos that Jessica took help us to remember each moment. Brea Photography is a wonderful business and we will continue to recommend them to other couples!

Picture Perfect Experience!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Natasha R

I can not say enough good things about Brea Photography, and our photographer specifically, Anna!! My husband and I got engaged in April of this year (2014) and decided we did not want to wait through another brutal Midwest winter to get married - so we set the date for... Read More September 12th of this fall. We immediately began our frantic search for venues and vendors as we knew that getting married on such short notice could give us limited options when it came to better options. After meeting with MORE than a few photographers, we were starting to become rather disillusioned and I was getting ready to settle - everyone we liked was way out of our pretty tight budget (with no involvement from either of our families, we were paying for this start to finish), and anyone who was in our budget was a JOKE. The cheap guys made me feel like I was being a part of THEIR day. I found Brea Photography when I was searching online, and really loved their portfolio - decided to give it a go and called to make an appointment. Within in the week, Anna made the trip over to where I work to meet personally and go over options. Once collecting the information, and going over it with my fiance', we went back and gave a few of our budget concerns and questions about how we could switch some things around to end up with the service and photo files we wanted. Anna was so accommodating and spent so much time helping me customize things (cutting here, adding there, etc), until she had patched together a package that we knew we could afford and didn't leave us feeling like we would be missing out on memories. My wedding day was an absolute whirlwind of anxiety and confusion for me - from getting out of town guests taken care of, to my ring bearer having the wrong suit, to worries that it was going to rain any second, Anna put me at absolute ease. She probably deserves some kind of sainthood after dealing with me and flustered behavior. Not only did she keep me in good humor, and accommodated all of my weird requests, she went above and beyond with constantly reminding me to breathe, offering me water, snacks if I was getting a little lightheaded, helped me with my dress - ran little errands for me around the facility when I had forgotten to bring something to a different room (once you're in a large dress, moving around a lot is not a joyous task!). Additionally, she put my bridal party at ease. Though I didn't have a large list of "specific" shots, I told her in general I was looking for classy, traditional, romantic, fun and a lot of photos of guests and family (since we had a lot of people from around the country, I really wanted to capture moments with them.) She and her assistant hit the ball out of the park. We just got our photos last week and my husband and I are so excited over them. They are timeless and there are moments they captured that we weren't even aware happened - sometimes even though we were involved! Anna had a way of interacting amongst the guests so that she was hardly seen, definitely not in the way or making it feel like I was being stalked - but somehow we have so many amazing shots of myself and my husband when we didn't even know she was there. In addition to the hours put in at the wedding, we received a free engagement photo session beforehand and a full disc of our wedding photos. I give my highest recommendation and can't wait to use them again for future important occasions!

Excellent Photography Experience

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Desiree G

Going with Brea worked out great for us. Our photographer was Anna, who was a real joy and extremely easy to work with. We got photos we'll be happy to look at for the next 80 years and had fun doing it. Best of all, when a sudden storm rained down on our location in the... Read More park, Anna sprung a backup plan into action that resulted in some of our best photos. Couldn't be happier with this choice.

Great Experience!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Karen S

Brea photography was absolutely wonderful!! I made it clear that I did not want to be bombarded with pictures and I did not want a bunch of staged pictures and Brea photography did just that! She was taking candid pictures when I didn't even know it and she really captured some... Read More beautiful moments. Jessica was so easy to work with and was very flexible with last minute changes. She was an absolute sweetheart and I really enjoyed working with her. The pictures turned out gorgeous!! I couldn't be happier!!

Engagement/Wedding Perfection

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Simone N

I would recommend Brea Photography to anyone and everyone wanting their day to be captured perfectly. I can't say enough good things about Jessica and the beautiful photos we have. Our Engagment pictures or stunning and working with Jessica made the whole experience natural and... Read More fun. I trust her 100% with our wedding coming up in November.

A St. Louis BEST!

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Dawn

We could not be more satisfied with our experience working with Brea Photography. Jessica is more than just a photographer, she becomes fully engaged in the heart of a photo and captures the realness of moments and relationships. Working with her was more like working with a... Read More close friend. She is an excellent communicator and will work to make your vision a reality. Our engagement session was perfect. Jessica truly made our story come to life and understood our vision. On my wedding day, Jessica provided a sense of comfort and understanding that I needed after a recent health issue. I was incredibly thankful to have her there as a person, not just our wedding photographer. Our photo booth was a huge hit, and our guests enjoyed having the prints that night. The quality of product and service has exceeded our expectations, and we hope to be able to work with Jessica again when our family grows. Thank you!

2014-09-23T09:42:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review, Dawn! I can't wait to see you two again!

Dissapointed

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Dorothy S

I was sadly disappointed in our engagement and wedding pictures from Brea. I guess I should have been warned after the engagement pictures didn't come out well. The many of the outside pictures were lovely, but the family pictures are horrible. Everyone's face is in shadow and... Read More it could and should have been noticed and fixed by Brea. If she has simply told us to take 2 steps back the lighting would have been fine. As they are now, there is no fixing them. A professional photographer should have been aware of the lighting as she was taking the pictures. Especially in a situation where the lighting could have been easily fixed.

2013-12-11T11:07:53 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't happy with how the photographs turned out. I'm happy to provide you with a discount code via email for prints if you would like any and I would also gladly do some advanced edits on the posed... Read Less Read More

Great pictures & amazing customer service!

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Molly S

Brea did our engagement & wedding photos, as well as provided the photobooth for our reception. Brea was very receptive to all of our ideas & worked with us to make them happen! We provided her some examples of what we were looking for & then she gave them her own creative... Read More twist. Additionally, Brea's customer service went above and beyond! She re-scheduled our engagement photos due to weather 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet. She was amazing at wrangling our families for pictures before the wedding & when the bustle on my gown broke, she even sewed it for me! We are extremely happy with our choice to go with Brea & are absolutely thrilled with our photos - they are the perfect mix of classic, fun & artistic that we were looking for!

2013-12-11T11:03:58 Response from the vendor

Molly - thanks so much for the review! You are both such fun people and I had a blast working with you!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Lauren H

We decided that photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding and that it was!! Jessica did an incredible job on our engagement shoot and wedding photos! She captured everything that we wanted and more. Jessica is very easy to work with and makes you feel... Read More very comfortable while taking photos. She is very professional and I would recommend her and Brea Photography to anyone!!

Excellent, Professional, and Fun Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Allison R

We worked with Brea for our engagement photos and our wedding photos. I was so excited to find such an excellent photographer at such a resonable price! The pictures she took were beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. Furthermore, having Brea at the wedding was like... Read More have another friend there to help you with all the little stuff. She was always nearby if my train needed adjusting or my veil needed fixing!

2013-12-11T11:02:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the lovely review. I had such a great time working with you! All the best wishes!

Great photobooth

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Cynthia J

I got this company for a photobooth for my wedding when they had a groupon. It was great! The photos made everyone' complexion look stunning, all the guests had so much fun with it! The photos are really fun, and they sent me a CD with rights to the photos.

2013-09-23T10:54:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Cindy, Thank you so much for the review! We couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed the photo booth. Congratulations on your wedding! All the best, Brea McAnally Owner, Brea Photography

Amazing! Classic and beautiful photographs

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Katie S

I found this photographer's page on the web, and immediately felt a connection to the style and feel of their photos. I inquired if they were available on my wedding date and met with Jessica, one of the primary photographers, to talk more about what we were looking for. From... Read More Jessica's viewpoint, it might have been a very easy sell. My fiance and I didn't take much convincing that this was the right photographer! The only thing I knew I wanted was a disc of high-res images of the wedding photos; Jessica helped us formulate the rest of our package. They offer a complimentary 1-hour engagement session, which was an excellent idea. Jessica got to know us a little bit, and we got to practice posing for pictures other than "smile and look at the camera" shots. The engagement photos turned out wonderfully; I was so impressed (and after that, there was no doubt in my mind that I had picked the right photographer). Our wedding day was a blur, but Jessica was there to capture those memories and the things we might have missed! We have only seen a sneak peek of our photos so far, but I can tell that I'm going to love them all! Thank you so much!

Great!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Laura F

I found Brea Photography online in a google search. My fiancé and I planned a wedding from out of town, so we had phone call interviews and fell in love with their style and creativity. We had them do engagement photos and they turned them around in a week! And they were great... Read More at the wedding to! Jessica had creative ideas, but also let us do more natural things as well. We don't have our wedding pictures back yet (only been 2 weeks since the wedding) but I am sure they are great! I highly recommend Brea!!

GREAT PHOTOG!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Mary H

My bridesmaids barely noticed they were being photographed, and my groom even felt comfortable during all the couples pictures. Everyone loved Jessica.

Just fantastic

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Lindsay A

Jessica was an excellent photographer that really worked well with incorporating our crazy suggestions with all the pictures. I highly recommend this company. They work with you on your budget and the quality of the final product is above and beyond what we had hoped for.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Scarlett W

We used Brea Photography for our wedding this past June. Although we live three hours away from St. Louis, they were more than willing to travel to take our photos! The experience was absolutely perfect. They were so understanding, and willing to work with us on everything.... Read More Their packages are incredibly fair, and you get a lot for your money. We are planning on going back to Brea for all of our photography needs!

Exactly what we needed!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Erica W

Jessica Priest was our photographer from Brea Photography and she was beyond amazing! By the end of our experience we felt that we had gained a friend and not just a professional contact. She was friendly, warm and knew exactly what she was doing. I have told her and will tell... Read More you, that I will most certainly recommend her to everyone I know looking for professional photography!

Excellent Photographer

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Amie R

We had Jessica of Brea Photography photograph our wedding, and the pictures are excellent! She made everyone feel relaxed and did a great job getting a mixture of candid and posed photos. We also did engagement photos with Jessica and were really happy with those too. I would... Read More recommend working with Jessica to anyone!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Laura K

Not an actual photobooth (just a backdrop) but still a lot of fun. I got a Living Social deal so it was very affordable and so much fun!!