Book Your Wedding with Breakers on the Ocean

A BALLROOM IN SPRING LAKE, NJ

The Seashell Wedding

Enjoy an intimate wedding with family and friends in the beautiful, oceanfront Seashell Room.  The four hour, early afternoon Seashell Wedding offers you and your guests spectacular ocean views first at cocktail hour on the Ocean Terrace followed by the reception in the beautifully designed Seashell Room.

The Crystal Ballroom Wedding

Celebrate your special day in the romantically elegant and understated Crystal Ballroom.  Connect with the beauty of the ocean during an early afternoon celebration or sway to the music as the sun sets and the moonlight dances across the ocean during your five hour Crystal Ballroom wedding.

The Ocean Terrace

Listen to the waves break as you exchange vows on the Ocean Terrace.  If your dream is an outdoor ceremony, say "I do" on the Ocean Terrace overlooking the magnificent Atlantic Ocean without getting sand in your toes!  Take in the beautiful colors of the sparkling blue ocean and the oranges and pinks of the dusk sky as you enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at your cocktail hour immediately following your ceremony.  Indoor ceremonies may be accommodated in the Seashell Room or Crystal Ballroom as well.

BEST.DAY.EVER.

Plan the wedding of your dreams; be it an elegant wedding brunch, a trendy cocktail reception, a deluxe traditional wedding dinner, a festive New Year’s Eve celebration or special holiday soiree.  The Breakers on the Ocean wedding packages include a cocktail hour, open bar, champagne toast, custom designed wedding cake, valet parking, silk centerpieces and complimentary overnight accommodations for the newlyweds. Design your own signature cocktail or offer your guests cuisine specific to your likes and tastes. Intimate or lavish, quiet or festive; they’ve done it all and are happy to create your dream wedding.

Destination:  Jersey Shore.

Make your wedding a destination. The Breakers on the Ocean offers a wide variety of guest rooms for every budget.  The Hotel is located a shell’s throw from the beach and features an outdoor, heated swimming pool.  The two-and-a-half mile non-commercial boardwalk is perfect for memorable wedding photos that will become treasured heirlooms.

Eat, Drink and be Married

The hotel offers you a variety of rehearsal dinner options as well as a post wedding day breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet is available at the special price of $22.00 per person, plus NJ state sales tax, for Breakers bridal couples only, from 9am to 11am the morning after the wedding. The breakfast buffet includes fresh fruit, assorted muffins, croissants and bagels, country style scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, savory sausage, Breakers home fried potatoes, traditional French toast with butter & maple syrup, freshly brewed coffee, select teas and assorted chilled fruit juices.

Happily ever after starts here!

Quintessentially elegant Spring Lake is a one-of-a-kind Jersey Shore destination and The Breakers on the Ocean is the anchor. We offer you a family legacy of remarkable hospitality coupled with historic charm, timeless style and grace all with exquisite ocean views. Our tenured staff has been making wedding dreams come true for more than 40 years now and will make your wedding day the BEST.DAY.EVER.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008

1507 Ocean Avenue, Spring Lake, NJ (732) 449-7700

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Joanna D

We had an enchanted wedding weekend at the Breakers on the Ocean! We worked with Shannon and she did a fantastic job turning our vision into reality. The Breakers is perfectly situated on the Ocean in the beautiful and quaint town of Spring Lake, NJ. The staff is outstanding... Read More and food is superb. Our family and friends had a blast and it was the best time of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Katie R

Our October 2017 wedding at The Breakers was PERFECT! Eileen and Dona were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. My husband and I were especially impressed with how attentive they were the night of our wedding. As soon as we finished taking pictures on... Read More the beach, they were waiting on the porch with champagne and welcomed us into our cocktail hour. They even made a plate for us at cocktail so we actually were able to eat what we picked out, while talking to our guests! They kept us organized through the entire evening. We didn't have to worry about a thing! Our guests loved the beach front setting. We also loved how they provided plenty of hotel accommodation for our guests. The hotel staff is also wonderful! Huge thank-you to everyone at The Breakers!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jesse V

Our wedding in October 2017 was a superb experience at The Breakers!! From the rehearsal dinner, to the wedding, to the next morning breakfast... everything was exactly as we had hoped. Eileen was a huge help planning every detail, including recommending local vendors and... Read More setting up our ceremony on the terrace. Every staff member was extremely pleasant and helpful to us and our guests. Our maitre d', Dona, did an excellent job managing us and our guests, to ensure a smooth and worry-free event. We were thrilled with the experience of a Breakers wedding, and would recommend to anyone looking for an elegant wedding, in an idyllic beach-side venue.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Fritzi B

Absolutely beautiful venue for both our ceremony and reception. Terri was simply a joy to work with. They kept us well informed on where the ceremony would be given the weather. We were blessed with no rain and able to have our ceremony on the front porch. The staff at the... Read More Breakers all went the extra mile to make us and our guests have an amazing evening. The food and drinks were excellent and plentiful! We would highly recommend the Breakers for any special occasion! And we look forward to celebrating our 1st year anniversary at the Breakers. Thank you to all the staff at the Breakers for making our special day a huge success!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Molly S

Our wedding was amazing. Our guests are still buzzing about the food and service they experienced. Shannon, our Sales Manager, provided us guidance throughout the planning process. We could not have done it without her! So many staff members worked together to make sure... Read More everything ran smoothly. We are so grateful for our unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Colleen S

From the time we booked this venue to the wedding date it couldn't have gone more smoothly ! My husband and I were paying for the wedding ourselves and we couldn't have imagined being able to afford such an amazing venue right on the ocean ! The service here was fantastic and... Read More our coordinator Terri was so great . We felt like we didn't have to do much because they took care of so much for us ! Our day tuned out beautiful ! So many attendees told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended! We couldn't have been happier . I highly recommend having your reception here !

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lynn K

The Best Wedding Venue! Absolutely Beautiful place to have your wedding. We got married on 9/9/17 and Eileen, Michelle and everyone on the Breaker's Team went above and beyond to assist us with every detail. We had our ceremony out on the terrace on a perfectly beautiful day and... Read More both the cocktail hour and the reception food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests complimented us on the beautiful view and the delicious food. I cannot say enough good things about this place and making our wedding day extra special!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Fran W

On 9/8/17, our daughter's wedding was held in the Crystal ballroom; the venue and beach setting was spectacular! The Breakers' team was phenomenal and made everything so easy and beautiful. They treated everyone like family. Food was amazing; hotel rooms were spacious, clean... Read More and comfortable. Service was impeccable! I would highly recommend The Breakers for any event. On a regular basis, their restaurant is terrific as well! Thank you Breakers for a job extremely well done!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Kelly W

As a hotel: beds were so comfortable, room was clean, staff was extremely attentive. As a restaurant: food was delicious, everyone in our party was very happy with their meal and the service. As a wedding venue: impeccable, never heard so many people say what a perfect job... Read More they did and that it was "the best wedding they've ever been to". Service was absolutely fantastic, food was wonderful, staff were so helpful and friendly, event coordinator Terri went above and beyond.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Margaret B

We had our wedding on July 22, 2017 at the breakers. Everything was so perfect, I don't even know where to begin! The cocktail hour on the wrap around porch was a highlight of the evening. The weather was perfect and there was plenty of space for all of our guests. Then we moved... Read More into the reception area, the room was beautiful and the dance floor was also a great size. We had plenty of delicious food. Eileen and Donna were great both leading up to the wedding and on the day of! All of the staff was wonderful and always checked in to see if we needed anything and how they could help! Highly recommend

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Alisa V

We had our Wedding on June 24th, 2017 at The Breakers! We had our cocktail hour on the wraparound porch and had 170 guests in the crystal ballroom for dinner and dancing. Everything went exactly as planned and looked even better than I could have imagined. We love the jersey... Read More shore and this place was reasonable in price. We were able to add in a couple of things that we wanted for not too much extra. Terri was our planner and helped us anything that we needed in our year and a half engagement. She was fantastic and was prompt in answering emails! The hotel itself is beautiful and a great place for guests. Overall, the food and staff at The Breakers was everything and more than we expected and would not have changed anything! We highly recommend The Breakers!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Rebecca S

We had our April wedding at the Breakers, and everything was perfect! Eileen, Donna, and the rest of the Breakers staff were easy to work with and very accommodating. The food was amazing, and our guests had a great time. I definitely recommend the Breakers for a wedding any... Read More time of year!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kerry W

It has always been a dream of mine to get married at the Breakers. Since I was young I would go to the beach across from the Breakers and watch all of the brides, they always seemed to have the best time. The day after we got engaged my husband and I booked the Breakers.... Read More Everyone was so incredibly wonderful to us and we could not be more excited to have our reception there. After we booked we had celebratory drinks on the porch over looking the ocean and we knew it was the perfect choice. Throughout the year Terri, Anthony and Joseph made sure we received everything we could ever dream of. The wedding day came and it was our dream come true! Everything was perfect. The food was insanely amazing, the wait staff was wonderful and so helpful and the Maitre D was simply the best! We had a Hoffmans truck come and the Maitre D made sure that my husband and I got ice cream even though we were unable to go out to the truck. We had a five piece band and 200 guests and we all fit perfectly and never had space issues. We were able to have cocktail hour on the porch overlooking the ocean, andmy husband and I took some night shots on the boardwalk. After the wedding we stayed in the honeymoon suite upstairs and that was also a dream. It was enormous and warm, and from our window we could see the ocean plus it had a big jacuzzi tub. It was the perfect spot for a romantic evening after our wedding. Since the wedding we have been back to the Breakers on numerous occasions for dinner, because the food is simply the best. My sisters and friends of mine have gotten married at a few different venues, and I have to say this was the most helpful and loving staff as well as the best location, food and everything all for the best price! Everyone still talks about our wedding, that it was the best they have ever been to. I cannot recommend the Breakers enough. It was simply put, a dream.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Jessica S

I had my wedding at The Breakers on September 16, 2016 and it was amazing!!! From the moment we booked Terri and everyone at The Breakers was extremely responsive and wonderful with answering all our questions. The weather was absolutely wonderful, we had our cocktail hour out... Read More on the beautiful porch. The food was delicious, my groom actually had two meals himself! Everything was perfect, thank you to everyone who helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 April Y

Our New Years Eve wedding at The Breakers was BEYOND anything we could have imagined. The staff is incredible, so attentive and did so much. They were so responsive to every detail and request. Besides their absolute professionalism, they were SO generous and kind and really... Read More made my husband and I truly feel like royalty. They decorated everything perfectly; better than any vision I had in mind. Shannon, Molly, Sandra, Debbie, the entire Scardino family, thank you A MILLION times for everything. From beginning to end, everyone kept me calm and everything just went so smoothly. My wedding day couldn't have gone any better or looked more beautiful and I have all of you and your wonderful establishment to thank. Cheers!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Mr. and Mrs. Joe Duran .

I'll start this review by saying...Breakers on the Ocean surpassed our expectations! Our wedding day went without any issues and they did an amazing job with our decor. It's in a phenomenal location, ran by superb staff and the food is absolutely delicious. If you are looking... Read More for a venue that will look stunning and treat you like you're all that matters then don't hesitate on booking with Breakers. Eileen was amazing and we absolutely adored her. She made us feel at ease with all the chaotic wedding planning and was always there to take our calls/emails. She connects with the bride, groom and their families. By the end of our wedding night, we felt as if Eileen was a part of our family. Our maitre d' was Donna and she was wonderful. She made sure our wedding day/night went without any issues and she did an amazing job at it. We also had our own personal server, Sandra. She was just as great as all the other staff members. During cocktail hour, she brought my wife and I a dish of each item being served at our cocktail hour to a private room where we and our bridal party were. She then asked the bridal party to join our cocktail hour so that we could have our first "meal" as husband and wife, alone. From that moment on, she took care of our drink/food needs the remainder of the night. Anytime our drinks were getting close to empty, she had a fresh one waiting for us at our table or hand delivered one to us on the dance floor. I never saw her, but she clearly was always watching after us. To put into perspective how this staff makes everything about you, my wife made a request that we do not want to be bothered during our dinner so that we could enjoy our meal. Sandra and Donna took the request to heart and made sure that no one would approach us and try talking/taking pictures etc while we were eating our dinner. One of our good friends came over to talk to us while we were eating and Sandra walked over and said, "hello, how's your dinner?" She politely talked our friend away from our sweet heart table. That is the type of service you will get at Breakers. We can't stress it enough, the staff is PHENOMENAL! The venue is BEAUTIFUL! The food is OUTSTANDING! If you're having second thoughts on Breakers, I assure you they will meet your needs, expectations and treat you like family. We had our ceremony and reception there. We wouldn't change a thing, everything went so perfectly. There is also a beautiful park, Divine Park, a couple blocks away to have pictures taken. I'll say it again, this venue is in a beautiful location. We loved the Breakers and we absolutely loved Eileen, Donna, Sandra, the bartenders, and all of the servers and other staff members that made our wedding night so special. We will be back to visit!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Hollie G

Our April wedding reception at The Breakers was perfect from start to finish! So pleased with the venue’s gorgeous location, their delicious food and very friendly and helpful staff – especially Terri who went above and beyond to make the planning process easy and enjoyable.... Read More Our guests had the best time and we’re still getting compliments! Highly recommend The Breakers for a memorable wedding reception that you and our guests will love.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 minnie m

We had the most amazing wedding at the breakers on the ocean on 23rd October 2016. Terri was so amazingly helpful with every single detail and Dona made the day wonderful. The setting is beautiful and the food was delightful, I was so impressed and my guests are still raving... Read More about it! (We didn't love the food at the tasting but it was 100000% better on the day). It is simply the most magical beach front wedding venue and at a really great price. Thank you so much!!! Ps the raw bar is worth every penny and then some!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Katie M

We were married at the Breakers in October and cannot recommend this venue highly enough! The staff was on top of everything; the food plentiful and delicious; and everyone genuinely was invested in making sure the day was as special as we hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 J S

I got married at The Breakers this past September and had a great experience. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The food was amazing, many compliments from our guests. The only detail that needs improvement is starting on-time but other than that, we had a perfect day!... Read More I would definitely recommend this venue to any engaged couple.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Dana S

Our wedding at the Breakers was magical from beginning to end! The attention to detail by every staff member was top notch from dealing with Terri Thompson making sure every detail of our day was handled, to Molly making arrangements for rooms for all of our out of town... Read More guests, to our matre' d Donna who kept things moving smoothly on the day of the wedding. I truly felt like a princess on our fairytale day. We have already booked our room for an anniversary weekend next September!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lauren C

I just had my wedding at the breakers and it was absolutely amazing! My guest were so impressed with the place ! The food was so delicious ! they even brought the leftovers from cocktail hour to our suite so we had something to snack on after the wedding! We upgraded our... Read More suite to a Tower suite OMG it was so beautiful i felt like a princess staying there! Terri Thompson, Michelle, and the entire Breaker's team did a fabulous job! we will definitely be staying at the hotel again in the future hopefully making it a yearly anniversary thing!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Eileen, Michelle and all the other staff at the Breakers went so far beyond our expectations with the planning and execution of our wedding Saturday afternoon that we were nearly speechless. There wasn't a detail ignored an we were pampered like royalty. We had a smaller wedding... Read More and were on a budget so I expected a glitch or disappointment but there were none. Everything was perfect. The cocktail hour was great and the food was cooked and served to perfection. The server that took care of my wife and I was so on top of her game I never put an empty drink on a table, she was there with a replacement before the last sip every time. I was amazed by this as she was always busy but was able to keep a constant eye on us. I never in my wildest dreams imagined we would be treated as well as we did at The Breakers. Our room was perfect the pool and the view were amazing. The atmosphere was relaxed and even though it was brutally hot no one missed a beat. Eileen recommended a bunch of vendors who we contacted and were given the same level of service from them as well. All of Eileen's and Michelle's recommendations and directions were those of experienced professionals who truly loved what they do. In the extreme heat we endured everyone there made sure we were hydrated and well fed. They noticed us sweating and getting flush during pictures and made sure we took a water break and cooled off without rushing us through any steps of the process. We had our 5 year old son with us and I can't imagine any more they could have done to make him feel as important as us, I never expected them to be so sweet to him. He actually asked if we could go back to visit them soon. If you are thinking about having a wedding here do it you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kelly B

I cannot say enough great things about Breakers! Amazing staff, food, and facility/accommodations. The planning process was easy & organized, everything was set-up exactly as planned, and my guests have not stopped complimenting the entire experience!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer P

The Breakers is an excellent place to get married! We had a gorgeous day at a beautiful venue. Everyone says you don't eat on your wedding day; however, this is not true at the Breakers. We had the best personal waitress who made sure we tried each hors d'oeuvre, tasted... Read More each course at our reception and always had a fresh drink in our hand! The staff was excellent not only to us, but to our guests!! Our cake and pastries were delicious! Everything was perfect and I would highly recommend trusting the Breakers to host your wedding! We just got married and are planning to go back for a long weekend already!!!!

Meet The Director of Sales

Shannon DiBenedetto

Shannon started her hospitality career with Hilton Hotels in Washington, D.C. after graduating from American University. Shannon planned two Inaugural Balls in addition to several staple Washington, D.C. events such as the Alfalfa Club Dinner, Gridiron Dinner and Friendly Sons before moving to Reno, Nevada and becoming a Casino Catering & Convention Services Sales Manager. Shannon then moved to Miami Beach where she switched careers and became a banker in Bal Harbour. Shannon has been with The Breakers over 15 years and met and married her husband here.