Book Your Wedding with Breakers on the Ocean

A BALLROOM IN SPRING LAKE, NJ

The Seaview Room. This charming 960-square-foot space has a lovely boardwalk view and is ideal for intimate weddings of 50 guests or more. Located on the lower level off the grand main lobby, the Seaview Room boasts a large dance floor and space for a handsome buffet reception. The Seashell Wedding package takes place in the Seaview Room.

The Crystal Ballroom. This 3,000-square-foot period ballroom has gorgeous ocean views and is suitable for weddings of 100 guests or more. Set for dancing, the Crystal Ballroom can accommodate 150 guests for a buffet reception or 228 for a seated dinner.

The Wraparound Porch. Couples who want an outdoor ceremony can say "I do" on the dreamy wraparound porch overlooking the ocean. The porch is also suitable for cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres before your reception.

Both the Seaview Room and the Crystal Ballroom can be arranged to accommodate an indoor ceremony as well.

Seashell Wedding packages take place from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the first hour devoted to cocktails, either on the porch or in the Seashell Lounge. The four-hour package can also be structured as a brunch reception or cocktail reception.

Crystal Ballroom weddings include five hours at the venue, either from noon until 5 p.m. for an afternoon wedding, or from 6 p.m. until midnight. The cocktail hour, the first hour of the event, can be held on the porch or in the Seaview Room. This package is also available as a brunch or cocktail reception.

All wedding packages include a private cocktail hour for the couple and their wedding party, hosted in the Hospitality Room. White or ivory table linens are included, although any style or color can be arranged at an extra fee through your wedding coordinator. Let the chef recommend a menu or design a custom dining experience with the help of your wedding planner.

Maître d' services are included at no extra charge. Special children's menus and prices are available and there is no charge for guests under three years of age.

It's easy to design your ideal Jersey Shore wedding at The Breakers on the Ocean. In addition to the wonderful standard wedding package amenities, you can also choose some of the following extra perks:

• Special menu packages for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and New Year's Eve
  • Jersey Shore clambake-style rehearsal dinner
  • Morning-after wedding breakfast buffet
  • Valet parking available for a fee
  • Coat check attendant at no extra cost
  • On-site accommodations for the wedding party and guests

Happily ever after begins here!

Quintessentially elegant Spring Lake is a one-of-a-kind Jersey Shore destination and The Breakers on the Ocean is the anchor. We offer you a family legacy of remarkable hospitality coupled with historic charm, timeless style and grace all with exquisite ocean views. Our tenured staff has been making wedding dreams come true for more than 40 years now and will make your wedding day the BEST.DAY.EVER.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008

1507 Ocean Avenue, Spring Lake, NJ (732) 449-7700

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lynn K

The Best Wedding Venue! Absolutely Beautiful place to have your wedding. We got married on 9/9/17 and Eileen, Michelle and everyone on the Breaker's Team went above and beyond to assist us with every detail. We had our ceremony out on the terrace on a perfectly beautiful day and... Read More both the cocktail hour and the reception food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests complimented us on the beautiful view and the delicious food. I cannot say enough good things about this place and making our wedding day extra special!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Fran W

On 9/8/17, our daughter's wedding was held in the Crystal ballroom; the venue and beach setting was spectacular! The Breakers' team was phenomenal and made everything so easy and beautiful. They treated everyone like family. Food was amazing; hotel rooms were spacious, clean... Read More and comfortable. Service was impeccable! I would highly recommend The Breakers for any event. On a regular basis, their restaurant is terrific as well! Thank you Breakers for a job extremely well done!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Kelly W

As a hotel: beds were so comfortable, room was clean, staff was extremely attentive. As a restaurant: food was delicious, everyone in our party was very happy with their meal and the service. As a wedding venue: impeccable, never heard so many people say what a perfect job... Read More they did and that it was "the best wedding they've ever been to". Service was absolutely fantastic, food was wonderful, staff were so helpful and friendly, event coordinator Terri went above and beyond.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Margaret B

We had our wedding on July 22, 2017 at the breakers. Everything was so perfect, I don't even know where to begin! The cocktail hour on the wrap around porch was a highlight of the evening. The weather was perfect and there was plenty of space for all of our guests. Then we moved... Read More into the reception area, the room was beautiful and the dance floor was also a great size. We had plenty of delicious food. Eileen and Donna were great both leading up to the wedding and on the day of! All of the staff was wonderful and always checked in to see if we needed anything and how they could help! Highly recommend

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Alisa V

We had our Wedding on June 24th, 2017 at The Breakers! We had our cocktail hour on the wraparound porch and had 170 guests in the crystal ballroom for dinner and dancing. Everything went exactly as planned and looked even better than I could have imagined. We love the jersey... Read More shore and this place was reasonable in price. We were able to add in a couple of things that we wanted for not too much extra. Terri was our planner and helped us anything that we needed in our year and a half engagement. She was fantastic and was prompt in answering emails! The hotel itself is beautiful and a great place for guests. Overall, the food and staff at The Breakers was everything and more than we expected and would not have changed anything! We highly recommend The Breakers!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Rebecca S

We had our April wedding at the Breakers, and everything was perfect! Eileen, Donna, and the rest of the Breakers staff were easy to work with and very accommodating. The food was amazing, and our guests had a great time. I definitely recommend the Breakers for a wedding any... Read More time of year!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kerry W

It has always been a dream of mine to get married at the Breakers. Since I was young I would go to the beach across from the Breakers and watch all of the brides, they always seemed to have the best time. The day after we got engaged my husband and I booked the Breakers.... Read More Everyone was so incredibly wonderful to us and we could not be more excited to have our reception there. After we booked we had celebratory drinks on the porch over looking the ocean and we knew it was the perfect choice. Throughout the year Terri, Anthony and Joseph made sure we received everything we could ever dream of. The wedding day came and it was our dream come true! Everything was perfect. The food was insanely amazing, the wait staff was wonderful and so helpful and the Maitre D was simply the best! We had a Hoffmans truck come and the Maitre D made sure that my husband and I got ice cream even though we were unable to go out to the truck. We had a five piece band and 200 guests and we all fit perfectly and never had space issues. We were able to have cocktail hour on the porch overlooking the ocean, andmy husband and I took some night shots on the boardwalk. After the wedding we stayed in the honeymoon suite upstairs and that was also a dream. It was enormous and warm, and from our window we could see the ocean plus it had a big jacuzzi tub. It was the perfect spot for a romantic evening after our wedding. Since the wedding we have been back to the Breakers on numerous occasions for dinner, because the food is simply the best. My sisters and friends of mine have gotten married at a few different venues, and I have to say this was the most helpful and loving staff as well as the best location, food and everything all for the best price! Everyone still talks about our wedding, that it was the best they have ever been to. I cannot recommend the Breakers enough. It was simply put, a dream.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Jessica S

I had my wedding at The Breakers on September 16, 2016 and it was amazing!!! From the moment we booked Terri and everyone at The Breakers was extremely responsive and wonderful with answering all our questions. The weather was absolutely wonderful, we had our cocktail hour out... Read More on the beautiful porch. The food was delicious, my groom actually had two meals himself! Everything was perfect, thank you to everyone who helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 April Y

Our New Years Eve wedding at The Breakers was BEYOND anything we could have imagined. The staff is incredible, so attentive and did so much. They were so responsive to every detail and request. Besides their absolute professionalism, they were SO generous and kind and really... Read More made my husband and I truly feel like royalty. They decorated everything perfectly; better than any vision I had in mind. Shannon, Molly, Sandra, Debbie, the entire Scardino family, thank you A MILLION times for everything. From beginning to end, everyone kept me calm and everything just went so smoothly. My wedding day couldn't have gone any better or looked more beautiful and I have all of you and your wonderful establishment to thank. Cheers!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Mr. and Mrs. Joe Duran .

I'll start this review by saying...Breakers on the Ocean surpassed our expectations! Our wedding day went without any issues and they did an amazing job with our decor. It's in a phenomenal location, ran by superb staff and the food is absolutely delicious. If you are looking... Read More for a venue that will look stunning and treat you like you're all that matters then don't hesitate on booking with Breakers. Eileen was amazing and we absolutely adored her. She made us feel at ease with all the chaotic wedding planning and was always there to take our calls/emails. She connects with the bride, groom and their families. By the end of our wedding night, we felt as if Eileen was a part of our family. Our maitre d' was Donna and she was wonderful. She made sure our wedding day/night went without any issues and she did an amazing job at it. We also had our own personal server, Sandra. She was just as great as all the other staff members. During cocktail hour, she brought my wife and I a dish of each item being served at our cocktail hour to a private room where we and our bridal party were. She then asked the bridal party to join our cocktail hour so that we could have our first "meal" as husband and wife, alone. From that moment on, she took care of our drink/food needs the remainder of the night. Anytime our drinks were getting close to empty, she had a fresh one waiting for us at our table or hand delivered one to us on the dance floor. I never saw her, but she clearly was always watching after us. To put into perspective how this staff makes everything about you, my wife made a request that we do not want to be bothered during our dinner so that we could enjoy our meal. Sandra and Donna took the request to heart and made sure that no one would approach us and try talking/taking pictures etc while we were eating our dinner. One of our good friends came over to talk to us while we were eating and Sandra walked over and said, "hello, how's your dinner?" She politely talked our friend away from our sweet heart table. That is the type of service you will get at Breakers. We can't stress it enough, the staff is PHENOMENAL! The venue is BEAUTIFUL! The food is OUTSTANDING! If you're having second thoughts on Breakers, I assure you they will meet your needs, expectations and treat you like family. We had our ceremony and reception there. We wouldn't change a thing, everything went so perfectly. There is also a beautiful park, Divine Park, a couple blocks away to have pictures taken. I'll say it again, this venue is in a beautiful location. We loved the Breakers and we absolutely loved Eileen, Donna, Sandra, the bartenders, and all of the servers and other staff members that made our wedding night so special. We will be back to visit!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Hollie G

Our April wedding reception at The Breakers was perfect from start to finish! So pleased with the venue’s gorgeous location, their delicious food and very friendly and helpful staff – especially Terri who went above and beyond to make the planning process easy and enjoyable.... Read More Our guests had the best time and we’re still getting compliments! Highly recommend The Breakers for a memorable wedding reception that you and our guests will love.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 minnie m

We had the most amazing wedding at the breakers on the ocean on 23rd October 2016. Terri was so amazingly helpful with every single detail and Dona made the day wonderful. The setting is beautiful and the food was delightful, I was so impressed and my guests are still raving... Read More about it! (We didn't love the food at the tasting but it was 100000% better on the day). It is simply the most magical beach front wedding venue and at a really great price. Thank you so much!!! Ps the raw bar is worth every penny and then some!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Katie M

We were married at the Breakers in October and cannot recommend this venue highly enough! The staff was on top of everything; the food plentiful and delicious; and everyone genuinely was invested in making sure the day was as special as we hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 J S

I got married at The Breakers this past September and had a great experience. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The food was amazing, many compliments from our guests. The only detail that needs improvement is starting on-time but other than that, we had a perfect day!... Read More I would definitely recommend this venue to any engaged couple.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Dana S

Our wedding at the Breakers was magical from beginning to end! The attention to detail by every staff member was top notch from dealing with Terri Thompson making sure every detail of our day was handled, to Molly making arrangements for rooms for all of our out of town... Read More guests, to our matre' d Donna who kept things moving smoothly on the day of the wedding. I truly felt like a princess on our fairytale day. We have already booked our room for an anniversary weekend next September!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lauren C

I just had my wedding at the breakers and it was absolutely amazing! My guest were so impressed with the place ! The food was so delicious ! they even brought the leftovers from cocktail hour to our suite so we had something to snack on after the wedding! We upgraded our... Read More suite to a Tower suite OMG it was so beautiful i felt like a princess staying there! Terri Thompson, Michelle, and the entire Breaker's team did a fabulous job! we will definitely be staying at the hotel again in the future hopefully making it a yearly anniversary thing!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Eileen, Michelle and all the other staff at the Breakers went so far beyond our expectations with the planning and execution of our wedding Saturday afternoon that we were nearly speechless. There wasn't a detail ignored an we were pampered like royalty. We had a smaller wedding... Read More and were on a budget so I expected a glitch or disappointment but there were none. Everything was perfect. The cocktail hour was great and the food was cooked and served to perfection. The server that took care of my wife and I was so on top of her game I never put an empty drink on a table, she was there with a replacement before the last sip every time. I was amazed by this as she was always busy but was able to keep a constant eye on us. I never in my wildest dreams imagined we would be treated as well as we did at The Breakers. Our room was perfect the pool and the view were amazing. The atmosphere was relaxed and even though it was brutally hot no one missed a beat. Eileen recommended a bunch of vendors who we contacted and were given the same level of service from them as well. All of Eileen's and Michelle's recommendations and directions were those of experienced professionals who truly loved what they do. In the extreme heat we endured everyone there made sure we were hydrated and well fed. They noticed us sweating and getting flush during pictures and made sure we took a water break and cooled off without rushing us through any steps of the process. We had our 5 year old son with us and I can't imagine any more they could have done to make him feel as important as us, I never expected them to be so sweet to him. He actually asked if we could go back to visit them soon. If you are thinking about having a wedding here do it you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kelly B

I cannot say enough great things about Breakers! Amazing staff, food, and facility/accommodations. The planning process was easy & organized, everything was set-up exactly as planned, and my guests have not stopped complimenting the entire experience!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer P

The Breakers is an excellent place to get married! We had a gorgeous day at a beautiful venue. Everyone says you don't eat on your wedding day; however, this is not true at the Breakers. We had the best personal waitress who made sure we tried each hors d'oeuvre, tasted... Read More each course at our reception and always had a fresh drink in our hand! The staff was excellent not only to us, but to our guests!! Our cake and pastries were delicious! Everything was perfect and I would highly recommend trusting the Breakers to host your wedding! We just got married and are planning to go back for a long weekend already!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Choosing The Breakers for our wedding venue was the best choice we made for our wedding! We visited 4 venues, all located at the shore, and after visiting The Breakers, we knew that was our spot. We met with Terri, and could immediately sense she was a pro and knew what she was... Read More doing, and we were so right. Throughout the entire process she was extremely responsive to our thousands of inquiries and was always so calming about everything. We just knew we were in good hands with her. I'm sure it helped that on June 4th it was the most perfect weather, but even without that we were blown away by our wedding. We met with Dona the day before who went over every detail of the wedding day. We had cocktail hour outside and they served the best hand passed apps and hot chaffing dishes as well. Everyone, even my wife and got to taste some of the dishes, raved about the food. We finished up our pictures on the beach and got a shot of us in front of The Breakers with everyone on the porch raising their glasses, so cool! Dona then directed everyone into the Ballroom for entrances. The Ballroom was beautiful and so clean. We had dinner then danced the night away. The entire staff at The Breakers, from waiters, housekeeping, front desk, management etc...were incredible and went above and beyond expectations. They are really a team. Whatever we needed was done. We were lucky to have about 32 rooms booked that night so we had an after party in the piano bar and even scheduled a breakfast in the Seashell room the following day. We had the best time at our wedding and really got to enjoy every moment of it because The Breakers have this down pat. I will 100% recommend The Breakers to anyone looking for wedding venues, with Terri and Dona, along with the rest of the staff, you will be in great hands. My wife and I plan to stay a weekend every year around our wedding to always remember our special day at The Breakers. Thank you to everyone at The Breakers!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Our Son Matt and his wife Calleigh celebrated their wedding in the Seashell room and everything was perfect, the food was fabulous and the staff very attentive. We couldn't have wished for a better venue. Our wedding coordinator Shannon did a fabulous job and answered all our... Read More questions in a timely manner. Would not hesitate to recommend The Breakers on the Ocean.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

Looking back, if we had to do it over again, we wouldn't change a thing. The Breakers likes to do things by the numbers because they've done this often enough to know what works. That was fine with us and it worked out well. They even saved us the hassle of tracking down... Read More photographers and other vendors. They have plenty of contacts who know exactly how to operate at The Breakers. Masterminding the operation were Eileen and Michele whose expertise and professionalism made the process stress free. While the wedding day was a bit cool for May, Eileen and Michele handled it perfectly. We were able to have the ceremony outside and the cocktail hour both indoors and outdoors. Thank you to both of them. The food was great and the wait staff during the event and the reception was top notch. We highly recommend The Breakers for your wedding or other special event.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Just Perfect? Three months is not much time to plan, but my partner and I figured we would be able to accomplish it. With the help of Shannon, Michele, Eileen, Terri, and the rest of The Breakers Staff we were able to have our perfect wedding ceremony. I did some quick... Read More research and found The Breakers online on a Friday and met with Shannon the following morning (definitely impressed by their quick response time). Their quick response time and very accommodating nature continued throughout the entire planning phase of our wedding. I met with her several times/exchanged numerous emails and phone calls over the course of 3 months and she was always so kind and helpful. I think one of Shannon's best attributes is her ability to anticipate what you are looking for, even before you know it. My partner and I had no idea of certain wedding etiquette and she was always there guiding us and letting us know what should/shouldn't be done. When Shannon was not available, her colleagues Eileen or Terri were always there to help me out, and I think it is the excellent teamwork among the staff that definitely shines through and is a quality unique to "The Breakers". During our wedding day, Michele was our Maitre D, and she was so organized and thoughful that I didn't have anything to worry about at all. I had several lists and she executed them to perfection. She kept the flow of things so well, that my guests were telling me how they have never seen food coming out so quickly during the cocktail hour and our reception (which was done buffet style). The servers were also very kind and attentive. In addition, I want to commend our bartenders, who kept the drinks coming and made it so that my guests never had to wait long for their drinks. I also received comments from my guests about how good the quality of the liquor was. Lastly, the food at "The Breakers" is some of the best I've had (not just for a wedding but among restaurants too, and we have traveled all over the world). Overall, they far exceeded my expectations. Thank you to the staff "The Breakers"! and a big Thank You to Shannon and Michele!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

STUNNING SPRING LAKE WEDDING SEPTEMBER 19, 2015 My mother-in-law suggested The Breakers on the Ocean for our wedding venue and I'm so glad she did! The planning part was almost too easy and definitely enjoyable. Shannon helped guide us through the entire process with ease,... Read More suggesting top-notch vendors along the way...from the officiant, hairdresser and bakery, to the DJ and florist. We found Kaylyn Ivy Photography ourselves, directly from her website, who was the perfect combination of artistry and skill! We were blessed with a gorgeous day full of sun with a warm breeze. We had the ceremony outside on The Terrace which overlooks the beach. Is there any backdrop more perfect than the BEACH? Spring Lake is a phenomenally gorgeous town itself...add in that it is at the ocean...well, it just doesn't get any better. The wedding party took a jaunt across the street for a photo shoot at the gazebo and made it back to The Terrace for the second half of the Cocktail Hour. (Didn't want to miss one of the best parts of the celebration.) The Reception was held just inside The Seashell Room which has huge windows, all with breathtaking views of the ocean! The Breakers' staff was kind and professional as they handled every detail with expertise. They knew just what to do and when to do it. We were able to just relax and enjoy our celebration all day long with our 50 guests. I would highly recommend The Breakers on The Ocean to anyone interested in having a fabulous wedding in a phenomenal beach town. If you need a venue for 68 Guests or less, I suggest The Seashell Room...especially for a daytime wedding. Spectacular views! Spectacular location!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Monique B

My husband Darryl and I can not say enough about what a FANTASTIC job Terri Thompson and the entire Breaker's team did for our wedding. Working with Terri and the Breaker's team was seamless from beginning to end. The ballroom where our reception was held was beautiful and the... Read More food was exceptional. Our maître' d Michelle was outstanding. She took care of Darryl and I throughout the night and made sure we kept on schedule. I have food allergies and she made sure I had exactly everything I needed. Also, our guests said the cocktail hour was amazing. We can't emphasize the outstanding customer service that was extended to us and our guests. The venue is spectacular because it's right across from the beach. We came back a few months after our wedding for breakfast and some of the staff who worked our wedding reception remembered us!! That made us feel great. One thing that's special about this venue is that we can come back to celebrate our wedding anniversary year after year!!

Meet The Director of Sales

Shannon DiBenedetto

Shannon started her hospitality career with Hilton Hotels in Washington, D.C. after graduating from American University. Shannon planned two Inaugural Balls in addition to several staple Washington, D.C. events such as the Alfalfa Club Dinner, Gridiron Dinner and Friendly Sons before moving to Reno, Nevada and becoming a Casino Catering & Convention Services Sales Manager. Shannon then moved to Miami Beach where she switched careers and became a banker in Bal Harbour. Shannon has been with The Breakers over 15 years and met and married her husband here.